Uncategorized

ONE DAY LEFT, so here’s an accordion army playing The Final Countdown

The Final Countdown Party comes to an end today. Rest up for the big day tomorrow!

In the meantime, here’s a cat going for a walk.

H/T — Thanks to TZer0 for recommending the accordion video!

Aunt Podger
Aunt Podger

@Weird (and tired of Milo, et. al.) Eddie : Thank you very much! I shall add that to my metaphorically-creaking “to-read” bookshelf.

Frigid Virgin (hey, I'm trying to stop global warming over here, what's your excuse?)

@ Arctic Ape: Clinton will weather this storm, too, with the same aplomb she always has. But it’s going to be fucking well ugly until it dies down.

@ Weird (and wonderfully parenthesed) Eddie: That’s… every time I think there isn’t lower to sink, I’m proven wrong. Trump is vile. He’s essentially toying with millions of people’s lives to stroke his own ego. I sincerely hope he gets a permanent wedgie, I really do.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

You know, I think we all need some Todrick Hall now, TBH.

Kat
Kat

@Victorious Parasol
Congratulations! I’m sure it’s a relief to get that news.

I hope that you continue to have excellent news on the health front.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@Kat

Thank you! After Thanksgiving, I’m going to see my neurologist to review the MRI. A chance to peek inside my own head.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

The GOP leadership met right after the election of Obama and decided on their strategy of obstruction. No doubt they will do the same the Clinton. Part of Trump’s rise was due to the toxic and adversial environment in Washington. Their behavior cost them the White House most likely and I can almost guarantee they will not learn from it.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

Let’s hope that enough of the GOP will be voted out so that their obstructionist plans fail miserably. 😛

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

They’ve already decided to continue the obstructionism strategy. They’re talking about not approving any Clinton supreme court nominees for four years.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Agent of the FemiNest Collective
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Agent of the FemiNest Collective

Don’t know how reassuring this might be for people, but here it is, just in case.

I’m working the polls tomorrow, and at my training class I asked what we should do on the off-chance that any of these ‘observers’ showed up at one of the polling places. (I’m in rual Indiana, and I figure the odds of someone like that showing up in such a small place is rather small.).

I was told that if anyone lingered after voting and acted suspicious, we were to inform the person in charge of running the station about that person, and they’d go talk to them. If they couldn’t provide the credentials needed for an election observer then they would be counted as a loiterer and asked to leave the premises.

So there’s that, at any rate. Small as it is and all.

Weird (and tired of Milo, et. al.) Eddie
Weird (and tired of Milo, et. al.) Eddie

sincerely hope he gets a permanent wedgie

THERE’S a vision I’d like to see!! I believe Trumpf has NO ideology other than the relentless, obsessive pursuit of affirmation. He seeks it in the gutters of the igno-right because THEIR ideology is consistent with his bigotry, and he DOESN’T seek it from anyone with any sense of social conscience for the same reason. He doesn’t consider what he is doing to the people or to the country because those considerations just aren’t important.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@Aunt Podger,

Anyone want to come over to my house and watch the MRA meltdowns over today’s XKCD? I just baked snickerdoodles, and I have popcorn. We can feminest.

Oh my god that sounds brilliant, yes please … wait, what? Meltdowns over XKCD? Please do tell!

Weird (and tired of Milo, et. al.) Eddie
Weird (and tired of Milo, et. al.) Eddie

continue the obstructionism strategy

Ok, there’s already talk of a shrinking Repub majority in both houses. They can just go ahead and piss off some more of the electorate and we’ll see how the mid-terms go

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Not to talk about 2020 already but in a way it’s even more important than tomorrow because it’s an opportunity for the Dems to take back the power to draw districts. It’s unlikely the GOP majority in the house will go anywhere as long the districts are so gerrymandered.

Weird (and tired of Milo, et. al.) Eddie
Weird (and tired of Milo, et. al.) Eddie
JoeB
JoeB

Republicans aren’t even pretending anymore about using voter suppression as a tactic to win elections. The NC GOP has a press release pretty much bragging about it, a city clerk in WI openly said they didn’t put an early voting site on the campus there because the students tend to vote D, and here’s a congressman turned right wing radio host today on twitter:

Joe Walsh ‏@WalshFreedom
Early voting is like picking the winner of a baseball game in the 7th inning.

Stop this early voting craze. Quit making it so easy to vote.

my bold

Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy
Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy

@Weird (and tired of Milo, et. al.) Eddie

Which means Hillary will actually be able to get something done. If worst comes to pass they can hopefully block Trump at every opportunity.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

It’s not the first time xkcd has caused an MRA meltdown, admittedly. From ‘Pickup Artist’ http://xkcd.com/1027/ :

Randall Monroe has no particular love for pickup artists. That was his most blatant shot, but not his first.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent

re: xkcd

After I caught wind of today’s comic causing a meltdown, I pulled up the viewer on my phone to see what all the buzz was about.
All I could say was “…Randall Munroe.” In, ah, the most adoring way possible.

Randall is a good person.

Kylo Ronin
Kylo Ronin

Goddamn, that last panel of the PUA xkcd. That last line was the cherry on top of the banana split chocolate sundae of burns! XD

MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)
MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)

Good luck with tomorrow, my American friends! Trump is an arsehole who doesn’t deserve to be president, so go out there and vote (if you haven’t already) out Trump into oblivion! I can’t vote on the account of me Aussie, but I will be voting with you in spirit!

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Troubelle:
Yeah, he’s good. I actually got to see him during the Thing Explainer book tour, when he was here in Toronto talking with Ryan North (creator of Dinosaur Comics, and writer on The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, among other things).

Granted, if you want xkcd at its most emotionally raw, check out the ones about his then-fiancée’s cancer, like Lanes: http://xkcd.com/931/ .

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent

@Jenora

While I wasn’t aware of xkcd at the time of Lanes, I did binge through the archive and become well aware of Randall’s story arc, the events that inspired Lanes and related comics included.

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

Does anyone know who this is/what is happening here?

It’s a guy in a chair being carried in by Trump supporters.

Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy
Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy

That’s Milo. Being a literal edgelord, apparently.

Kylo Ronin
Kylo Ronin

@authorialAlchemy

My guess is it’s Milo Yiannopoulos, a hack “newswriter” and Trump supporter who led a campaign of abuse towards Leslie Jones.

Edit: Ninja’d

Bina

Y’know, that accordion orchestra actually sounds quite majestic. A bit slower than the original, but not in a bad way.

Also, Aqua Treadmill Kitty for the win.

Good luck tomorrow, all US folks. May the odds be ever in your favor…

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Whoooo wants to see a Moana clip with some muuuuusic?

(I’m excited. :> )

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

That was my first thought. I thought he was blond though?

How egotistical do you have to be to do that?

I’m listening to this on repeat. :U Thinking about adding it to my playlist, depending on who wins. It’s like they decided to do a bunch of weird shit and glued it together with a really good bassline. Captures the chaos/grim anticipation of the moment perfectly.

Laugher at Bigots
Laugher at Bigots

Re. Milo in a chair held up by Trumpets:

That’s hilarious! It was even more hilarious when I learned it was Milo. It’s the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while, and I don’t even know why. It’s even funnier than Davis Aurini’s toy skull(s).

Laugher at Bigots
Laugher at Bigots

Sorry to double-comment, but nobody else has commented, and I just wanted to direct everyone to explain xkcd, which is a wiki that contains an explanation of the most recent xkcd comic. Several of the wiki editors lost their shit over Randall’s endorsement of Hillary. Someone even called Randall a “cuck”, but he (maleness, I think, is a safe assumption in this case) received a well-deserved blasting from two other editors.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Who likes Welcome to Night Vale? Who likes My Immortal? Who wants to hear My Immortal in Cecil Palmer’s voice?

gijoel
gijoel

Mammothteers meet your god.

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

So there’s a hashtag called #DrainTheSwamp. It’s mostly Republicans prattling about what they think is corruption.

I responded the only way I know how.

EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

Jack, you are possibly the greatest human being who has ever lived. Thank you for this. It is now my commute listening.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

comment image

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Clinton has gained 5 points in the 538 forecast since Sunday. That’s making feel a little better.

I get off of work at 4 and will be voting after that. The day is going to be interminable!

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Laughter at Bigots:
I can’t say I’m surprised. The ‘Pickup Artist’ one above also caused a lot of complaints and doubling down from some xkcd fans about how he was picking on them and didn’t understand what true pickup artistry was like.

xkcd is billed as ‘a webcomic of romance,
sarcasm, math, and language’. There are unfortunately a number of fans who definitely don’t grasp the first one, and who only think they have a firm grasp on the others.

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

I FOUND THAT .GIF.

Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid
Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid

OT from MediaMatters:

Donald Trump Jr. Promotes “Alt-Right” Video Claiming Clinton Camp Has Satanists Who Want To Kidnap Kids.

Video features Molyneux, Cernovich, and Vox Day cooking up some new conspiracy theories.