alpha males alt-right entitled babies gender policing heartiste hillary clinton homophobia internet tough guy manginas masculinity men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny PUA trump

Heartiste: Defeat Hillary by calling her male supporters “mincing betaboys”

Mad Magazine on Mad Max: Fury Road
Mad Magazine on Mad Max: Fury Road

I admit I probably write about pickup-artist-turned-alt-right-opinion-haver Heartiste a bit more often than he merits. But his combination of furious bigotry and purple prose is irresistible.

Consider his brilliant new plan to defeat Hillary Clinton by impugning the masculinity of her male supporters.

“All politics is gonadal,” he declares in a post on his blog today.

Given this reality, the most effective political persuasion techniques are those that evoke the ancient rhythms of the sexual market.

Rhythms?

Heartiste ‘s favorite “persuasion technique?” Calling people names in order to make them feel bad about themselves. In this particular case, he hopes to make Hillary’s male supporters so ashamed of their alleged betahood that they can’t bring themselves to actually vote.

[I]f sufficiently shamed and ostracized by effective [counterpropaganda] that leverages the power of anxiety over one’s sexual market status, many nominal males who plan to vote for Inmate Hillary can be dissuaded from exercising their right to notarize the featherweight class of their shrunken scrotes.

Yeah, I don’t know why he writes like that.

Much as virulent homophobia can force gays into the closet, Heartiste suggests, shaming male Hillary supporters as “manginas” will keep them from going to the polls.

Just as a healthy and strong society with rock-ribbed shitlord norms can keep gays far enough in the closet that their petri dish flamboyance doesn’t creep out the kids, so can a fearless embrace of immutable and omnipotent sexual market law — and the exploitation thereof — cow mincing betaboys from pulling the lever for thec*nt.

In case you’re having a little trouble parsing the end of that sentence — I had to reread it several times myself — he’s using “cow” as a verb. “Cow-mincing” isn’t a real thing, though perhaps it should be.

Also, thec*nt (with its “u” uncensored) is Heartiste’s favorite nickname for Hillary, though you probably figured that out already.

You may be wondering how exactly Heartiste’s brilliant new strategy differs from the traditional alt-right strategy of calling everyone “cucks.”

For one thing, it uses a greater number of words, castigating Hillary’s male fans as “nominal males,” “mincing betaboys,” and “f*ggy Millennial manlets with incipient bitch tits.” Obviously this is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than just calling them “cucks.”

Heartiste also suggests that his fans make use of a helpful visual aid in their efforts to shame the aforementioned “mincing betaboys” into non-voting. Namely. this little meme here.

heartistemadmaxmeme

The picture at the top of the meme is, as you’ve probably gathered, a still from Mad Max: Fury Road.

I’m guessing Heartiste has not seen the film.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Thank you for the Leila update! I hope he finds his way home.

@Viscaria

I replied to you in the Sarkeesian thread. 🙂

Skiriki
Skiriki

@IP

I got a bad hunch that if the bunny was indeed abandoned, it might be because it reached sexual maturity and started humping things…

@Skiriki

All I can say for sure is that Leila treats the entire world like one big toilet. He does not care one bit about decency.

Moggie
Moggie

Is the bunny related to Trump?

kupo
kupo

@Petal
If it makes you feel better, I don’t like the talk about small hands, and especially not what the *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* implications of that “joke” are.

Michael P
Michael P

Honkey, please. I got over assholes calling me names a long, long time ago.

@kupo

I didn’t think you would. I’m just saying these kinds of remarks usually don’t seem to upset people enough to make them comment on it. And, since Axe was among the most vocal critics, it’s a bit weird that he’s doing the same thing like a week later. When you make a big deal about something, only to prove that you yourself apparently don’t cate enough about it to avoid making the same mistake immediately afterwards, it’s not a good look.

I’m genuinely confused as to why comparing Matt Forney to an egg + caviar is just one step too far, when similar comments are made all the time without anyone raising an eyebrow.

Having said that, I don’t mean to make excuses for myself. My mistakes are obviously not made more okay by someone else making the same mistake. I also don’t mean to call Axe hypocritical. It’s absolutely legitimate to promote a moral standard even if you don’t live up to it 100% of the time. Just to clarify.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Petal
My vocal critique of you wasn’t about the joke you made. I didn’t like you excusing it. I wouldn’t have even brought it up otherwise

That said, I really shouldn’t have said what I did. It was a shitty joke to make. I try not to do that kinda thing, but I demonstrably wasn’t trying hard enough. Not my finest moment. I understand why it’s wrong and hurtful. Entirely my failure and I unreservedly apologize to the thread, kupo, and Frigid for bringing her into this. I know better, I’ll do better

kupo
kupo

@Petal
I understand. And I personally am fine just not saying anything unless the comments are harmful to an oppressed group, so I won’t usually bring it up unless it’s something fat-phobic or something like that. And I don’t remember what Axe said in the other thread, but if he’s being hypocritical it’s absolutely fair to call him out on it.

FWIW, I think it was probably the number of comments that triggered the response you got, not necessarily that what you were saying was any worse than what people usually say on here. I only commented because the issue had been brought up (I think Jack was the first to bring it up? Idk, my memory is terrible these days).

Anyway, long story short I don’t have an issue with anyone who makes appearance-related comments regardless of my personal feelings on the matter.

@Axe
No apology needed here. I’m not even sure what you’re apologizing to me for. :p

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@kupo

No apology needed here

Maybe not needed but warranted and definitely the right thing to do. And I apologized to you specifically, cos 1)you called me out and 2)you’re rather outspoken on body shaming in general. Shoulda payed better attention 🙂

Anyway, I’m pretty sure (corrections are welcome tho) I’ve never fucked up to where I had to apologize for the same thing twice. Keep the streak alive, eh?

Jesalin
Jesalin

Let me get this straight, their bestest, strongest, super-ultra-mega can’t-fail strategy is…name-calling? Really?!

I’m sure self-awareness to them is just a bunch of letters with a hyphen thrown in for good measure but..have they never heard of ‘projection’?

Ouch. 😉

Friday afternoon adventure!

I went to the supermarket and lost my phone somehow. While trying to find it, several people – all black or brown men, which considering the demographics of this area means almost certainly Muslim – offered to call my phone to find it. I don’t keep ringtone sound on, so we had no luck. A group of boys around 18 years old helped me look for it and let me use their phones to call my wife and my service provider.

After calling my phone a number of times, someone actually called back from my number to the phone I was borrowing. Turned out that some little girl had found the phone and brought it home to her brown, presumably Muslim, dad, who confirmed with me that the phone was mine.

The boys offered to come with me to the man’s apartment so that I could use their phone again if needed. I got my phone back and thanked them all very much for their help. The man who found the phone, and the helpful boys, all refused to accept cash as thanks for the help.

Afterwards, we were all stuck in the freezing cold for 20 minutes, waiting for the bus to bring us back to the supermarket. The boys went into geeky discussions about The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Supernatural, and various video games. They were discussing how badly they wanted to go to ComicCon, but worried about whether they would ever be allowed to enter the US if Trump were to win on Tuesday.

It’s really weird how good some terrorists are at acting like extremely good and decent people! No wonder ISIS is winning.

ikanreed
ikanreed

Oh no!

They’re gonna… be exactly the same assholes they’ve been all election.

That’s sure to turn it around in favor of the asshole.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@IP 😀

I’ve never had anything but good experiences with immigrants here either. Frankly, thinking back, all of my bad experiences have been middle-upper-class white dudes.

… huh, yeah. All of’em.

Fortunately local news around here doesn’t demonize or fear-monger about immigrants, they’re very welcoming in fact, and pretty much all of the immigration stories I see are fluff pieces about new immigrants settling in. All of the immigration fears are from US news leaking into the country from the south. Our big immigrant news policy is actually about Trump – since Trump started his campaign, schoolyard bullying of minorities has been on the rise.

We should build a big border wall to keep those bad influences out. I bet we could even get the Americans to pay for it.

I’m really glad to hear your story, IP :3 Thanks

Dalillama
Dalillama

@Frigid Virgin

That makes sense. Wait, purple is the colour of royalty?

Some while back, good purple dyes were hard to come by, so only the extremely wealthy could wear purple. This led to laws being passed in both Imperial Rome and Elizabethan England (frankly probably in imitation of the former) stating that only royalty could wear purple outfits, although high ranking people were allowed specific purple garments according to their position. The purple in question was specifically Tyrian Purple, a dye extracted from a Lebanese sea mollusk.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

Cow-mincing…like, with a wood chipper? Salad shooter? Food processor? I suppose it could be done by hand, but that would take a really long time.

Heartiste is *that one guy* who goes to clubs and creeps the young’uns out, when they’re not laughing at him.

My ballot was cast over a week ago, mailed and according to the voter registration status and absentee website has officially been received for counting. Most people I know have also voted absentee/mail. Sorry Shartiste, you and the ‘shitlords’ can f-off with your ridiculous shit.

dlouwe
dlouwe

I find the “cow mincing” confusion particularly funny, because it’s not that obscure of a verb, but Heartiste’s generally nonsensical writing style causes us to expect nonsense strings of nouns and adjectives, and so makes it difficult to parse an ambiguous verb like that. I didn’t even consider the verb form of “cow” until David pointed out, because I just assumed “cow mincing” was yet more unimportant nonsense, and the more likely scenario was that Heartiste had gotten distracted during the aside and forgot to make the two halves of the sentence match up.

(Just because “Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo” is a grammatically correct sentence doesn’t mean it’s a good one.)

And really, he could have just put an explicit “the” between “cow” and “mincing” and it would have been a million percent more readable. But proof-reading and clarity is for “nominal males” I guess?

Uh, WHOSE kids? Because some of us (e.g. me) have LGBT friends, and those friends have kids. And if anything, those kids would be creeped out by the likes of this walking fungus culture. And his flamboyantly awful scribblings, too.

There’s also, you know, LGBTQ kids.

Just Saying This
Just Saying This

Cow mincing is a thing. A gross thing, but a thing.

It is also the thing this guy does to language. He takes something that could be delicious, like steak or meat on a rich bone for broth. Pulverizes it. Adds toxins.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

I doubt that there’s a male over the age of 16 who hasn’t dealt with “you’re not a manly man because X” and “you’ll never find a woman because you’re not manly enough” at least 10,000 times. Heartiste’s error is to think that because the folks he hangs out with have bought it hook, line, and sinker, there couldn’t be a lot of men who have learned how to laugh it off. There are even a lot of us who react with “Screw you, loser.” But society constantly tries to make men feel bad about themselves when they don’t conform to the gender stereotypes, and insecure peers are always ready to prove THEIR masculinity by criticizing yours. I assume it’s more or less the same for women.

One of the many way men are mocked into gender conformity is the small penis thing. That’s a good reason for gender non-conformists to decide it’s uncool. One of the more offensive anti-Hillary things going around is the Hillary Chicken Special: Two small breasts, two plump thighs, and a left wing. That’s exactly the sort of thing that folks like us should make a major effort to avoid. But all of us slip up at times.

Dalillama
Dalillama

@GrumpyOldSocialJusticeMangina

Huh, do they thing Clinton’s moved right, or are they just unable to get their own tedious jokes right either? Back in the 90s when they came up with that one it was two left wings.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Heartiste lacks the self-awareness to realize that the sort of person who’s susceptible to this sort of toxic man-shaming is 99.99999% likely to be a Trump voter already. Hillary voters don’t answer to dogwhistles, and they don’t give two pantsuits about fitting into some internet bully’s regressive gender box.

Erik Lonnrot
Erik Lonnrot

I’m morbidly intrigued by the supposed taxonomy of males that these MRA types use. What are the criteria for being and alpha, beta etc.? I’ve been called a beta many times in online arguments yet I’m pretty sure I’m doing better physically, romantically, socially, and financially than someone like Heartiste. So if I’m bigger, stronger, more likely to pass on my genes, more able to win a fight or survive in the wilderness, etc. what makes me the “beta” and him the “alpha”? Is it just the misogyny? Because that doesn’t strike me as a really useful measure of status if we’re really set on dividing men into castes?

Barloq

Obviously this strategy is hilariously stupid, but even then… Heartiste, shouldn’t you have deployed this months ago instead of days before the election? We can’t even make fun of how ineffectual this is going to be because you never even gave us the time to demonstrate how stupid it is.

(Insert “I am disappoint” cat meme here)

Thalia
Thalia

I will never understand why “shitlord” is supposed to be something to aspire to. Why would anyone call himself that?

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Ariblester | November 4, 2016 at 3:04 am
Wait, so this guy is basically advocating negging Hillary supporters, even though by PUA evopsych BS it should only work on feeeemales because reasons.

Well, when all you have is a hammer…

My thoughts exactly.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

“shitlord” == “society can’t handle me” is my best guess. It’s just another label for the age-old excuses of the self-martyred, letting them think their tantrums have some sort of nobility to them.

sillybill
sillybill

@Virgin Mary and Dalillama,
/history geek ON
and porphyry (which means purple in greek) was a purple rock, which was very strong and used for imperial building projects.
/history geek OFF

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Erik

what makes me the “beta” and him the “alpha”?

Well, certainly isn’t humility…

Imaginary Petal

People who brag about being able to survive in the wilderness should just get off the computer and go survive somewhere else. The wilderness is right there, waiting for you to survive in it. Stop wasting time.

Hambeast
Hambeast

@Virgin Mary, Dalillama, and sillybill – The Tudor sumptuary laws also forbade the wearing of red, black, and teal colors as well as things like velvets and peacock feathers. I only know this because Husbeast and I do Ren Faires and if there’s a royal court present, they usually WILL let you know about it if you’re in violation! But only if you’re working the faire; patrons can wear whatever they want, of course.

The faires and festivals we tend to work have pretty chill royalty, though. One of them has a German Baron that presides instead of an Elizabethan court which is a hoot. He has a beer stein that must hold half a gallon that he carries around and yes, it contains beer!

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

There are two major threads of alpha that I’ve noticed in the manosphere. The first is the evopsyche-based “alpha fucks, beta bucks” model, in which the “alpha” is the one who gets to have a bunch of sex outside a marriage arrangement and the beta is the one who then marries the woman and raises the alpha’s offspring. Alpha characteristics are therefore whatever the dude in question imagines lead to this result. Left unexplained is how the beta gene survives, given that it is grossly outcompeted by the alpha gene.

The second, and not mutually exclusive, thread is the old-style pop-psyche alpha personality vs. beta personality. The alpha personality is the aggressive, go-getting risk-taker, and the beta personality is not so much those things. This one also leans on the misogynist idea that women are the keepers of a society’s morality, such that society is intrinsically feminine. Alpha males, being super masculine risk-takers, reject this feminine social framework.

Between these two different ways of defining the alpha, you have a long menu of characteristics that can all be said to be alpha, some of which may be in conflict with one another. For instance, the alpha-fucks-beta-bucks model says that alpha men are physically impressive, because women are attracted to big strong guys, and they don’t have to be economically successful. By contrast, the alpha-personality model says that alpha men are attractive because their risk-taking makes them economically successful, and women are attracted to a display of resource gathering. So alpha can mean either poor or rich, and it can mean jerk-face or charismatic, it can mean physically big and strong or corporate boardroom, etc. etc. write in your own Mad Libs, really.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

Beta = not sufficiently afraid of the danger of independent women.
Alpha = terrified of women who are not submissive.
Hmmmm.

Pseudonym
Pseudonym

If I didn’t spend so much time here, my natural assumption would be that “mincing betaboy” is a hip hop dance move.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

I’m starting to think it’s all just about arriving at where they can openly blame their mother. Dad left (because she’s a shrew/pig/evil debil woman whatever) so he’s alpha and it’s all mom’s fault he’s gone. Dad stuck around hoping things would change but he’s been turned beta
(because she’s an evil debil woman/shrew/whatever) and it’s STILL all mom’s fault.

Still wondering about the efficiency of cow-mincing with a wood chipper though. If the plan is to eat any of said minced cow, probably should only use the non-pink-slime parts that people usually willingly consume, and maybe employ a salad shooter or food processor instead of heavy yardwork machinery.

What? Doesn’t everyone have strange things to keep them up at night pondering? C’mon, someone here has to ponder stuff even *stranger* than the cow-mincing!

Jules
Jules

Calling dudes outside your subculture insults that only make sense within that subculture is…not going to work.

Moocow

Why yes, Trump supporters are a lot like the bad guys from Mad Max fury road.

Does that make Trump Imortan Joe?

@PolicyofMadness

Here’s your mad-libs:

“If I was only [trait I envy in others] then women would be biologically favoring me! Not fair. Instead they are attracted to [trait I look down over]

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Also, most relevant @Handsome Jack: did you know that Doritos were actually invented at Disneyland by a Frito-Lay-backed restaurant that had too many tortillas?

That explains why they’re pure evil.

Except for cool ranch ones, especially the 3D ones.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Yes, it was me. I brought it up because I wasn’t having a good day and I was really tired of it happening all the time. Because it happens a lot here.

But I also said I wouldn’t bring it up again. You guys can make fun of all the egg-shaped and small handed people all you want, I washed my hands of it.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

PoM, that’s an interesting analysis on the alpha/beta thing.

If I understand correctly, you’re saying that in model 1 alphas are by definition sexually attractive to women, having good looks or social skills or somesuch, and therefore can have sex without being married “providers”.

In model 2, alphas are supposed to be highly masculine, as in aggressively competitive and daring, maybe also intelligent or physically strong? Is this also framed as attractive to women, or is it more like masculinity for its own sake? Does the model assume that masculine men are generally successful, and therefore able to display wealth and social status?

If we assume that men displaying wealth and status are attractive to women, wouldn’t that be a specific case of model 1? Or maybe a separate, third model? Assuming model 2 isn’t about sexual appeal as such?

Am I overthinking this?

EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

@Arctic Ape:
Here’s my reading.

Among many people who subscribe to toxic masculinity, there is the unspoken notion that all coded-masculine traits correlate strongly enough that they can be considered the same trait. Wealth, sexual attractiveness, physical strength, genital size, intelligence, heterosexuality and other accidents of birth are merely signifiers of this “inherent manhood”, as are socialised traits like aggression, competitiveness, employability and so on.

This is of course absurd, but they believe in it.

(This is why such men will frequently make bizarre leaps of logic, saying that (for example) Daryush Valizadeh must be a wealthy man because of how many women he’s slept with, or suggesting that feminist men do not lift weights.)

Therefore, the men in PoM’s model 2 will be assumed by redpillers to be attractive to women, because it is impossible for a man who possesses other masculine traits not to possess that one.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

@Arctic Ape & EJ

The two models are not mutually exclusive, but do have some non-overlap. The afbb model assumes that it’s physical strength that makes women want to breed, while a display of resource gathering makes a woman want to marry so that her offspring (by the physically attractive alpha) will be cared for. The beta doesn’t get to breed, or at least not as much. The alpha doesn’t have to display resource gathering skills, and (in their descriptions of the “bad boys” that have stolen da wimmins from them) often doesn’t. Note that in this model, the men are often describing themselves as betas who have “woken up” and aren’t going to play the imaginary afbb game anymore.

The alpha-personality model presumes that the major alpha display is … resource gathering, which is the primary beta display in the afbb model. It’s under this model that Trump is said to be a alpha male. He certainly doesn’t fit the physically-fit bad boy biker archetype who is the alpha in the first model.

Despite the “alpha” having different characteristics in these two models, dudes in the manosphere seem to regularly elide them without realizing that this creates a self-contradictory state. Nevertheless, there is some gray area where the two models overlap, and where just about any male-presenting person who is even somewhat attractive in some way can be said to be an alpha.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Ok, thanks. This issue can hardly be clarified more than that 🙂

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I always just figure that “alpha male” and “beta male” mean whatever a particular manospherian/alt-righter wants them to mean at any given moment. If the whine is about how he can’t get laid because women are evil bitches who only have sex with a small upper echelon of alpha males; then alpha male means socially adept jock who’s possibly also a “thug” aka black. When they want to blame female victims of ipv alpha male means dangerous or criminal and abuse is women’s fault for only being attracted to thug. In these cases, alpha male is a bad thing.

Sometimes though, alpha male is a good thing. This is when the manospherian/alt-righter is not whining about being oppressed but instead boasting about their (likely made up) accomplishments or when they are shaming men for not fitting into male gender norms or just not being sufficiently bigoted. Lately, this is more of the trendy view as the manosphere has become more and more synonymous with alt-right. Donald Trump is certainly facilitating this trend. The pendulum will likely swing back to the former view of the Greek hierarchy of manliness next time an “incel” goes on a shooting spree.

Jesalin
Jesalin

next time an “incel” goes

I haven’t looked this up yet but I’m usually pretty good at guessing what abbreviations and acronyms mean, and this one hit me last night (while I was refilling the sugar). So..does ‘incel’ mean something like ‘INvoluntary CELibate’?

Dalillama
Dalillama

@Jesalin
That’s it.

Jesalin
Jesalin

On the one hand ‘yay I was right’, on the other, ‘damn, that’s pathetic’.

Guts the Black Swordsman
Guts the Black Swordsman

Only in opposite land, does someone look up to the war boys in Mad Max and think they are super cool alphas. It’s like thinking an army of enemy kamikaze star trek redshirts are baddass(if that even existed lol). wtf…

Jesalin
Jesalin

Okay I’ve done a bit of reading and…I’d like to add repulsive, disturbing and disgusting to my previous ‘pathetic’.