bears hillary clinton trump YouTube

7 Days: The Final (Election) Countdown Video Party

Just one more week. Seven days. (Well, technically, six and a half.)

To help make the waiting less excruciating, I will be posting videos of the worst cover versions of “The Final Countdown” I can find, one a day, until the big day. I don’t care if you’ve seen these before. I’m still going to post them.

Plus bonus videos. Today’s bonus video involves bear simulation.

varalys the dark

According to our awful newspapers Hillary’s collapsed in the polls and the Orange one is poised on the brink of world domination. Is this true? I need to know if I have to start stocking up the bunker with cans of beans and loo roll.

(also apparently we are at war with Russia)

Megalibrarygirl
Megalibrarygirl

This election can’t happen soon enough! I voted (for Hillary!!!!!) But I’m constantly terrified about her opponents.

I wish it was over already. 🙁

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

Today’s bonus video involves bear simulation.

My eyes read that as bear stimulation and I was O.o

I cannot wait for this election to be over.

Edit: my ears are bleeding. Thanks, David.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

OMG THE EARWORM IT WILL DESTROY ME

calmdown
calmdown

Yeah, I’m kind of freaking out here…. I really can’t handle a Trump presidency.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

It’s amusing to me that our territorial election up here in Yukon is on Nov 7. Counting down to that as well. 🙂 Hopefully it’s ‘good-bye, Yukon Party!’

@David Are we allowed to post our own video ‘rebuttals’? 😉 Maybe not so much ‘bad’ as ‘weird’?

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

C’mon, son. Learn to hold a tune before ya set up the concert. Or at least don’t do Final Countdown. Gotta work up to that one…

@varalys
Nah, her polls haven’t collapsed. They’ve been pretty steady. Trump’s are rising tho. This could be him gaining undecideds or hedging (pollsters manipulating things to make it seem close) or who knows. If Florida, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania all get called for Clinton, she still wins. He’ll need some massive unforeseen weirdness to beat her

Also, “loo roll”? Took me a sec to get that. That’s funny 😁

varalys the dark

@Axecalibur: OK that’s good to hear, you have to remember our papers and nasty, spiteful, range from abit rightwing to extremely rightwing and have headlines that are basicaly clickbait. Still I was getting concerned.

Also did I make an accidental joke with the words “loo roll?” I was just being charmingly colloquial 😀

Also I have no sound abilities (still) on my PC, who’s doing the cover version?

Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy
Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy

I’m not from the US but i have never before wanted to vote there as badly as i do now. It really feels like everything is coming to a head. Whoever wins and whoever loses, it feels like it will be overwhelmingly important.

Is it okay if i post good covers?

Weird (and really "Trumped out") Eddie
Weird (and really "Trumped out") Eddie

re: loo rolls…

I’ve never eaten loo rolls, are they good? 🙂

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@varalys

Nah, no joke. Just charmingly, humorously colloquial 🙂
Also, ‘loo roll’ kinda sounds like Lou Rawls:
So that’s fun!

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

The National Enquirer has apparently run a story about how Hillary’s “hitman” had ruined other people under her command.

The headline they ran before that was about how Trump finally released his tax returns, and, miraculously, they were somehow granted exclusive access to them.

I had a bit of a chuckle and an eyeroll at their expense.

Hashtag Ravenclaw
Hashtag Ravenclaw

Varalys: I wouldn’t put much stock in a single poll. Ultimately, only one poll matters.

I’m rather confident. From a demographic perspective, the numbers are not on Trump’s side.

Tulse
Tulse

After years and years of listening to this song and thinking it was about nuclear war, I only found out recently that it’s actually about a trip to Venus. Which seems profoundly weird to me.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

@Tulse

Yes, and the lyrics make no sense. You don’t go “light-years” to get to Venus. Not even at its farthest point from Earth is Venus even 15 light-minutes away.

And I have this song stuck in my head now and it won’t get out. THANKS OBAMA

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent

Well, a fire and brimstone preacher visited the campus today. He said I was an abomination, and a hellbound sinner. I told him, “Okay. See ya there.”
He also told me to be “normal” (ostensibly as opposed to pansexual). I asked if “normal” was like him. He said yes. So I asked whether I should grow a beard, get a suit on…

He also said I should be submissive and find myself a man. And, well….I spammed the Ws and the H.

Weird (and thoroughlyover-Trumpificated) Eddie
Weird (and thoroughlyover-Trumpificated) Eddie
varalys the dark

@Axecalibur: I was going to be unladylike and write “bog paper” instead, but I could hear my mum tutting from 30 miles away for being uncouth. Also the fact there exists someone call “Lou Rawls” has made me lol, thanks!

I just realised, “Seven Days” is what Sadako/Samara says when she starts counting down your death. :O *surretitiously takes phone off hook*

Nequam
Nequam

varalys: it wasn’t just you.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Seriously this is getting annoying with how some of the new polls are now deciding to hedge themselves to ridiculous levels.

And the newsrags aren’t exactly being cooperative in interpreting the polls.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Weird? Fun? Final Countdown?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you

The Kazookeylele

Seriously, watch this. It’s amazing. If it doesn’t make you smile, nothing will.

Knitting Cat Lady
Knitting Cat Lady

That cover made my ears bleed!

The singer couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket.

Have some Erasure doing ABBA:

Weird (and thoroughlyover-Trumpificated) Eddie
Weird (and thoroughlyover-Trumpificated) Eddie

@ Scildfreja;

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

Just wanted to say I love Richard Cheese.

Also, I love that Erasure vid. But I love Erasure, so…

Yossherian
Yossherian

Seeing this has made me delurk for the second time:

So, what do y’all think about it? Won’t lie, it made my blood pressure rise; I may not live in the US, but I’m also extremely worried that the orange one will win. We have too many stupid bigoted conservatives ruling people as it is…

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Follow up on the worse-than-Watergate Trump campaign,

Spy thriller indeed.

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

I love Obama’s smile.

I am going to miss him as POTUS. He is just…awesome.

Edit: Scildfreja Unnýðnes, you are right: the Kazookeylele rendition is sublime. 😆

varalys the dark

Here enjoy a lovely mellow cover version of “Wonderwall” it is better than Oasis’s because it made the UK no.1 and Oasis didn’t.

Mike
Mike

Like Axecalibur said – Trump’s position is improving, but it’s still unlikely that he’ll win (though certainly this election might be a lot closer than many of us would like). For Trump to actually become president he’ll basically have to win Iowa and Ohio (he has a good chance but it’s not a sure thing) and North Carolina and Nevada and Florida (he might, but Clinton is more likely to win those states) and either Colorado or New Hampshire or Michigan, all of which have strong numbers for Clinton. Basically the polls have favored Clinton pretty consistently from the start, and the odds remain in her favor. But, of course, no one knows for sure; I really really want this week to be over.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

David Futrelle | November 1, 2016 at 1:08 pm
Speaking of seven days:

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent

@PI

I remember this song all too fondly. It’s one of those many songs that my dad introduced me to as a child.

Lea
Lea

I’m concerned. I still think he could win. Even if he doesn’t the obstructionists in Washington will likely all continue to do to Clinton what they’ve done to Obama and the militias that felt a rush under Bush the younger and were enraged by a black president under Obama are not going to get any happier or less armed.

Wondering
Wondering

I can’t hear this song anymore without thinking of GOB’s magic show from Arrested Development.

In “Hopefully People Will Pay Attention To This Before Voting” news: Trump is apparently being investigated, and has been for months, as passing info to the Russians.

Of course, the FBI director won’t say anything about that publicly because emails from a Clinton aide are apparently so much more important.

RosieLa
RosieLa

The term “loo roll” always reminds me of a kids’ show called Art Attack!
It was a great show. And he used a whole lot of them.

Come to think, I think I’ll just watch Art Attack! until the post-election mockapocalypse.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

The thing that is keeping me from getting too anxious is that supposedly Clinton has a much better organized and funded ground game. Hopefully there will be a lot of good GOTV work in properly targeted areas. This is a crucial aspect of campaigning and it’s something that the media is mostly ignoring because it’s not exciting or scandalous. It can make a difference though.

In other words, if someone with a clipboard comes to your door, don’t hide or shoo them away. It’s hard work and it matters.

varalys the dark

@RosieLa: That’s probably a good idea. I have a stack of nearly ten years worth of 2000ADs I should make a start on combing for more blog fodder now I’ve done the stories that I could still remember after 25 years. Nice and distracting, although I am quite looking forward to following this election live via this site. Even though it’ll mean I attend the family lunch having had zero sleep (although that’s not an unusual occurrance actually).

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

At this point it’s all about GOTV for the downballot races. If the Dems can’t get a Senate majority and at least make some inroads in the House, we’re in for an excruciating two years of nonstop impeachment proceedings, SCOTUS nominee stonewalling, and debt ceiling crises (assuming Hillary wins, best case scenario). Then, per usual, the GOP will run on a midterm platform of “see, this administration is a failure, government doesn’t work, let’s clean house.”

I don’t understand why the polls are still in motion at this late date. Who is still undecided in this race? “Well, Trump is a revolting pig who peeped, groped, and raped underage girls, won’t release his tax returns, is deeply in hock to the Russians, doesn’t understand the Constitution, can’t hold his own on a televised debate stage, and –”

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

I’m not that worried about Trump, really. He stopped funding operations in a number of critical swing states a few weeks ago apparently. Same problem he had in Iowa – no one on the ground. Hillary’s gonna steamroll him.

(Still worried about Trump, really)

In other news, ohmigosh you guyse new SamBee

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Today’s reminder that Trump supporters are scum; they’re trolling an 8 year old boy for dressing as Hillary Clinton for Halloween.

Lovely.

EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

It is in fact possible to chart a course from Earth to Venus that’s light-years long. You just need a really, really bad navigator.

varalys the dark

@weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo: Ugh. That’s terrible. Maybe this will work as brain bleach. My sister had told me a nice story about trick or treaters yesterday, they live in a nice, fairly well off neighbourhood so get quite a few every year and now she has a kid she has sweets to spare. South Manchester also hosts a large Muslim population and one of the girl trick-or-treaters was a little girl witch, with a hijab under her witches hat. Adorable!

Bina

For me, “The Final Countdown” will forever be associated with…PANTS NINJA!

And, bonus! Now there’s JUGGLING PANTS NINJA, too!

Weird (and thoroughlyover-Trumpificated) Eddie
Weird (and thoroughlyover-Trumpificated) Eddie

“… stupid enough to be doing it for free.”

yeesh… makes me wish we hadn’t used up all the

cans of beans and loo roll.

we stocked up on in the ’80s when it looked like Uncle Ronnie was gonna go all “End of the Innocence” and nuke the world….

this cannot be happening

Moocow

Anyone like to hear the incredibly rational opinions of Scott Adams? No? Well too bad, here they are:

He uses as scale of 0 to 10 for assessing “risk”. Where “Instituting discriminatory policies” has a risk of 0 and “drinks alcohol” has a risk of 10.

More on topic, I’m just excited to get this stupid election done and over with.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Moocow

“Gosh, statistics is easy! All I gotta do is put numbers on things I don’t like, and make the numbers worse for the person what I don’t like! All those people laughing at me just don’t know how to science like I do!”

varalys the dark

I hope the terribadlyawesome Laibach version of The Final Countdown shows up this week (hint, hint!).

Weird (and thoroughlyover-Trumpificated) Eddie
Weird (and thoroughlyover-Trumpificated) Eddie

@ Buttercup;

conveniently forgetting that the last time they tried that (right now) , their “igno-right” base nominated a candidate (Trumpf) that even TED CROOZ couldn’t support….

Reagan alone doubled the national debt left by the 39 presidents before him… but the igno-right Republican base wants to put his mug on a unit of money (not the $3 bill, that’s reserved for Nixon)…

Reagan’s legacy is uncontrolled market capitalism, the end of the family farm, the end of the manufacturing economy and the end of the middle class.

Reagan, Bush and Bush2 are responsible for 2/3 of the increase in national debt in going into Obama’s first term…

Bush2’s legacy is a trillion dollars given to banks for torpedoing the economy, an open-ended war that’s now spanning south and southwest Asia from the Indian sub-continent to the Saudi Peninsula…

But they want MORE of the same, only more radically anti-diversity and anti-democratic. They’ve given us a candidate that is the epitome of the “seven deadly sins”… is this what is meant by “truth, justice and the ‘Murican way”???

Pyrrhus replied… that one other such victory would utterly undo him.

Viscaria
Viscaria

“I could leave racist/sexist/homophobic policies entirely out of my bullshit ‘risk assessment,’ but I’m going to make a point of including them at 0, just to make sure that women, people of colour, and LGBT+ folks all know exactly how little I care about their continued well-being.”