antifeminism beta males irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW reddit sexy robot ladies

Will the sentient robots of the future ally with men or women, MGTOW wonders

Beta male cuck defends woman from robot justice
Beta male cuck defends woman from righteous robot justice

Leave it to the deep thinkers of the Men Going Their Own Way community to ask the tough questions that no one else dares to ask.

For example: In the future, when men are reduced to 5 percent of the population and forced to flee to Mars or Venus, will the sentient robots ally themselves with men or with women?

In the MGTOW subreddit, an aspiring futurist calling himself FalloutFan2 laments what he sees as the inevitable rise of a gynocentric dystopia in which men are more or less bred out of existence, except for a tiny minority that the women keep around for sperm and giggles.

“It’s sad how everything in modern society is already gearing towards a female-only future,” FalloutFan2 notes wistfully.

I think there will come a point where all men rebel against the system and form their own colony on Mars or Venus or whatever, where we’ll bring some female sex-bots for entertainment.

It’s rare that I find myself agreeing with anything I read on the MGTOW subreddit, but if you guys want to go start a MGTOW colony on Venus I will not only support you but help you pack.

Of course the women will just keep using their dildos because they are emotionless beings who care little for actual interaction, whether it be sentient robot or human.

I have to admit that “women are emotionless automatons who prefer dildos to robots because they don’t like talking to people” is a stereotype I have not encountered before.

Do you think the sentient robots will ally themselves with mankind and not womankind?

TRULY THE QUESTION OF OUR AGE

I think that due to their advanced intelligence they will not see a possible future where they could be on equal footing with women (due to the female’s natural inclination to boss everyone around), so they’ll settle for a society where they are equal to men.

I’m pretty sure sentient robot ladies would kick you guys to the curb as quickly as actual human females. Especially since two sentences ago the only sentient robots you were interested in were of the sexy sex slave variety.

Of course, if we do all end up on Mars, women will just eventually send nukes to destroy the colony regardless, out of bitter spite (if they figure out how to press the correct buttons that is, but typically some beta male nuclear scientist would have left blatant instructions beforehand that even a toddler would understand).

Ha ha ladies can’t even nuclear holocaust men right!

Women just can’t handle the fact that men just want to be happy.

Well that’s a bit of an ironic statement to find on the MGTOW subreddit, to put it mildly. I can’t think of a group of men less interested in being happy, or more inclined to wallow in their own bitterness, than MGTOWs.

They can’t comprehend that men are satisfied with an existence of philosophical stoicism, and not artificially superimposing different contrived existentialisms on reality. Either no one but them can be allowed to be happy, or no one period.

Unfortunately, due to this reason I don’t see any possible way it could work out. Women will just kill themselves off once all the men are gone anyway, cuz there’ll be no one to listen to their nagging bullshit.

Better get yourself an agent quick, FalloutFan2, because this sounds like the greatest science fiction novel never written!

Ooglyboggles

@Weird (and deeply concerned about the election) Eddie
As if I didn’t need another reason to hate right wing militia groups, Oregon just legalized armed terrorism with their decision, good fucking job. Nevada, the Nevada case. That NEEDS to be in the FBI’s favor, that is a much higher stakes trial. If the FBI fails this case, then, well, don’t be surprised to see more militia groups be more inclined to act. As if the Oregon case along with Trump’s inevitable defeat hasn’t encouraged/agitated them enough.

If this type of news was done in literally any other country, the right wing and military complex would be screaming and hollering for an occupation because that country needs help to curb their terrorism. They clearly are unable to take care of themselves.

Saphira
Saphira

So that’s what it’s called when your attitude is so poor you have to make do with your hand instead of a real romantic/sexual partner?

IfIWasARobo
IfIWasARobo

Call me foolish, but I think if I was a sentient robot, I’d be much more concerned with securing civil rights for myself and my own kind from the human governments IN GENERAL, and not give a single techno-crap about these guys’ imagined persecution.

EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

I got into a discussion about AI while talking to a prospective date partner.

Scildfreja, while you’re here and you know so much about AI and are currently holding forth, I’d like to follow up on something mentioned in that discussion:

What’s your view on the “hard takeoff” scenario? That’s when we build an AI which builds an AI that’s a little better at building AIs than we are, and it builds an AI and so on, until a super-AI emerges that we have not had a hand in building and so cannot predict. Is this science fiction?

Pie
Pie

@moggie

Given the phenomenal cost of sending mass to Mars, the sexbots for the colony would need to be multi-purpose. In fact, it would be best to send them first, so that they could build the habitats, set up water extraction plants, get the hydroponic farms established, create the all-important sexbot factory etc etc.

Stross’ book Saturn’s Children has been mentioned here before in one of the interminable number of sexbot threads, but it probably bears mentioning again.

The protagonist is a sexbot who was, uh, turned on some time after the human race goes extinct. The solar system’s ruling class are anime robot dommes who slot right into the slave-owning overlady role once their creators leave it vacant.

Matchstick
Matchstick

I really enjoyed this short story on the idea of an emergent AI, plus had there ever been a more appropriate title to link to on here ?
Cat Pictures Please

Pie
Pie

@EJ

I’m no scildfrejan, but I do have opinions and I’m on the internet, so…

It sounds like a load of cobblers to me. We don’t know the first thing about intelligence, so the idea is pretty shaky from the very beginning. We can’t measure it, we can’t even really describe it and so to assume that we could build something more intelligent than ourselves seems like it is more of a wild-ass-guess or nerd fantasy rather than a serious possibility.

Personally, I’d say that the construction of a general artificial intelligence that doesn’t share our huge range of cognitive biases and blindspots and not-entirely-useful biological drives and all the rest would have pretty much the same effect without handwaving godlike intelligence. It’d be effectively immortal, and could run a hell of a lot faster than a human mind and communicate with each other a lot better.

But saying “we could create a machine that’s just a little less fucking stupid than us, and it could create something that’s just a bit less stupid than it is, and eventually you’ll get something that has such a vast level of embarassment and pity for its distant meaty idiot ancestors that we couldn’t possibly comprehend it” isn’t quite so headline-grabbing.

Valentine
Valentine

Regarding fall out, generally i don’t like sandbox but the morality meter is a good touch even if is quite easy to break. Personally I’m more FPS kind of guy. Recent Doom reboot was exactly my veiw of the future. Here is Mars colony, there are the demons, go have fun! 🙂

The only reason i mentioned fall out is that terrible book by aurini (which i actually read :D)

What am i doing with my life? :'(

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

Well, i had already link it last week, but this FalloutFan2 scenario makes me think about Armitage III. I think the MGTOW too have a lot of anime fans, so…

No, do not worry, i am quite sure that women and men will be able to live without you and your likes. As a proof, they are already doing it. Science !

Have a nice day.

Cat Mara

Imma just leave this here…

RosaDeLava
RosaDeLava

I wish they didn’t waste their time complaining about women and just got started on the sex-bots, more advanced space travel and terraforming technologies so they could leave already. Since they are manly men professional STEM- ers, this shouldn’t take very long at all.

@Valentine
You did? Just how bad is it? 🙂

@Cat Mara
*garbled fan girl noises *
I love The Dresden Dolls. I wish my earphones were working right now.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@Valentine, go and apologise to yourself at once. Then come back and tell us what the fan-fic was like, in detail.

@Cat Mara,
It’s not enough that you’re Irish and you have ‘cat’ in your name, and a Nick Cave/Warren Ellis fan – now you post a Dresden Dolls clip. STOP BEING AWESOME YOU ARE MAKING THE REST OF US LOOK BAD

Amanda Palmer is playing here in December, squeeeeeeeeeeee

Weird (and thoroughly disgusted with the judicial system) Eddie
Weird (and thoroughly disgusted with the judicial system) Eddie

Reading the morning newsfeed with my usual trepidation… polls showing 1%-2% Clinton lead, conflated with 538 which still shows 5+%… this kinda begs the question “who’s right”? But more to the point, why do so many people want to elect Clinton??? SHE SENT E-MAILS, fer cryssake!!! E-MAILS!!! Trumpf just assaulted people and democratic processes, used the legal/taxation system to screw his business partners, disrespected, insulted and threatened everyone who isn’t him, (including most of his supporters), and spread disinformation like bird seed in Central Park…. CLINTON SENT E-MAILS!!!!! I’m gonna go sleep, now, wake me when this is over (I already voted).

(note, for the Trumpf trolls in attendance, the preceding message contains sarcasm….)

Cat Mara

@Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy:

STOPPIT STOPPIT STOPPIT IM BLUSHING 😳 😳

Amanda Palmer is playing here in December, squeeeeeeeeeeee

I haven’t quite made the transition from Dresden Dolls to Amanda Palmer’s solo stuff yet even though it’s been ages since she moved on from the Dolls. I don’t seem to get through as much music nowadays as I did. One problem is I can’t listen to anything with vocals in it while I’m programming so it’s mostly all-ambient-all-the-time for me when I’m on the job. Right now, I’m listening to The Advisory Circle who basically make electronic music in the style of all those creepy public service announcements back in the 70s about what to do in the event of a nuclear war or warning you not to play in electricity substations… 😜

Jesalin
Jesalin

I love the Irish accent. *melts*

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ cat mara

I’m listening to The Advisory Circle

Wow, thank you; that’s my soundtrack for today. Although for some reason I’m now terrified of dark and scary water and tractors.

I’m guessing you’re familiar with this rather wonderful thing in a similar vein.

kupo
kupo

If your concern is that we can’t understand it because we didn’t build it, don’t worry. We are capable of reverse engineering black boxes (for anyone who doesn’t know, a black box is a system you can’t see into). And even if we had to step through the machine code to figure out what it’s doing, we can do that. If I can look at main memory and debug some machine code just by seeing what data has been put where in memory, and I’m not particularly skilled in machine code, we wouldn’t have that hard of a time figuring out something like this.

EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

Thanks kupo. That’s a good point that I feel foolish for not thinking of.

Paul Beaulieu

Some find reality overrated
Prefer their experiences simulated
If you have the money to make that choice
And can silence the inner voice
Asking “is this really real?
Do I really make her feel
So turned on and very hot?”
Because you conveniently forgot
She’s actually a sexbot
Don’t you call it delusion
We all fall in love with illusions
Images we’ve seen
Online and in magazines
Altered and heavily edited
Keep our imaginations fed

Cat Mara

@Jesalin:

I love the Irish accent. *melts*

Um, I’m not sure you’d be melting if you heard me speak, I’m afraid, even accounting for the “most people don’t like hearing recordings of their own voice” effect. I don’t have a particularly pronounced Irish accent, or at least not the ones you tend to hear in films or on TV: it’s a rather neutral South County Dublin accent. I often get mistaken for British though I imagine most Britons would be thoroughly insulted by the comparison. 😉

@Alan Robertshaw:

😂 Do you know, I think the first person I described The Advisory Circle to made reference to that exact same ad? The number of traumatised children caused by that campaign alone must run in the thousands. 😂

Oh, yes, that’s exactly the vibe they’re capturing! Have you seen the Scarfolk Council website? Marvelous stuff.

In a more serious vein, there is a documentary on YouTube called The Delian Mode about Delia Derbyshire, the woman who did the first arrangement of the Doctor Who theme and a real pioneer of electronic music who probably never got a fraction of the recognition she deserved when she was alive…

kupo
kupo

@EJ
I mean, it’s possible it would be too complex for us to understand easily. Hell, stepping through my own Javascript code can baffle me sometimes. But I don’t doubt we could figure it out with the right people put to the task.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ cat mara

Oh gawd, some of those PIFs. Do you remember the Hunger Games style one where the kids had to outrun the train (top tip: you can’t)

I live in West Cornwall now so the Scarfolk site is pretty much futurology down here.

And as for Delia, oh one of my all time crushes. So sad. (If you mention Ron Grainer you’ll just get a ‘Harumph’ from me). As someone with ”Zivzee Zivzee” as a ringtone you probably won’t be surprised that I have indeed seen that documentary.

Valentine
Valentine

@Mish & Rosa

I think i need to wash my brain out with soap. XD but don’t worry, i didn’t pay for it, some reason it was free on my kindle app so i thought why not.

As you might expect it was bad but not “aurini blog on the internet” bad, just a really really boring book with no real spark inside it, and no real plot either. You know how people say sometime that parts of books feel like they were “just takked on”? Well the whole book was takked on to itself.

Firstly it had none of that exaggeration and sort of over the top fake persona that Aurini has on his blog. I mean that’s about only reason people like me read it, because his self awareness is non existent and that’s very funny.

I mean of course he thinks it a good book so i guess lack of self awareness there. But the bool itself plays it way too safe. Both main characters (iain Wentworth and Raxx) are like he has just put himself in the book. They are so dull that i couldn’t not tell the difference between them at many points. Only thing raxx is a bit more sceptical or kind of sad. So i liked him because it seems like even he doesn’t want to be in the book.

Also the rest of the characters have no real fuzziness to them, if you understand. They are like stick figure that he moves around not like real people who have reactions and motivations. So it makes all the conversation really boring and also kind of weird. I spent a lot of time going ‘no one ever speaks like that in real life!’ And generally what the blin XD

There was one particular bad attempt at banter with some merchant joking about ‘your mother on a trampoline’ or some shit. It was genuinely making me crinch the whole time. Which is a first time for me actually, have a book do that. :/

But the two crown moments had to be the car chase and the FUCKING SEX SCENE.

I’ll get car chase out the way first. Now i read Da Vinci Code also and although yes it’s not a smart book, Brown can write action. The car chase in there is the perfect example of how to do it. Aurini managed to do the impossible – he made it boring. It was all about what fucking pedal Raxx pressed, what gear he shift to, how he turn the wheel. It was like a fucking instruction manual for car driving. Course, i can’t drive so i dont know if it correct or what but what i can do is read and i know for sure that is not interesting.

Okay.

So the sex scene.

Oh boy.

Where to begin?

Now i bet you probably expect some kind of sordid, almost rape kind of dreadful thing, but it was not. Thank fully. Instead it was most passionless intimate moment between two characters I’ve ever read. In fact just like the car chase it was like a list, just what each character did. Here is sample:

“…wentworth undid the buttons of her uniform and unhooked her bra. She unbuckled his belt and removed his pants. They fell onto the bed, still half-clothed, grinding against eachother, running their hands up and down each other’s bodies.’

I would put more but i dont think you probably want to hear more. The rest is just like that. Very boring. Now of course sex in books can be difficult to get right. But i felt he wrote like this partly because he was shy and didn’t want to be too grafic and also because he doesn’t know really the purpose of the scene is to show another character connecting with another, both very intimate also. Since his characters so underdeveloped anyway, when he trying get them to act like people it’s just like two cardboard cuts out rubbing against eachother.

Oh and also there is a character named Elmo.

Weird (and thoroughly disgusted with the judicial system) Eddie
Weird (and thoroughly disgusted with the judicial system) Eddie

@ Cat Mara

As a young child, living in a city with a “primary target” (my house was 4000 linear feet from the intersection of the two runways at the Air Force Base), we had two types of drills in grade school. One drill we went into the hallway and sat on the floor, the other we got under our desks… the difference… the first was a tornado drill, the other was an air raid warning. I remember seeing the “Daisy Girl” ad during the 1964 Presidential campaign, showing a girl picking flowers in a meadow while a nuclear explosion rises behind her and an ominous voice says “… the President’s opponent wants to pull out of the United Nations….”… early trauma indeed!

@ Mish

I should explain the “squeeeee” sound, in the “Magnus, Robot Fighter” comix, that was the noise the robots made when Magnus “killed” them… usually with a fist to the chin… this guy was ALPHA!!!

Weird (and thoroughly disgusted with the judicial system) Eddie
Weird (and thoroughly disgusted with the judicial system) Eddie
losername
losername

So this dude’s thesis is that women don’t want to be his slaves because they want to spite him and don’t want him to be happy.

Moggie
Moggie

OMG, Valentine, Aurini had two Mary Sue characters? That’s hilarious!

Lea
Lea

Losername,
Yep.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

@Kupo and @Alan : in addition to that, mankind is used to use things they don’t perfectly understand, as well as dealing with unknown risks. The entire drug testing process is made to deal with the fact we have only a very foggy idea of what exactly the chemicals in a pill do, and it work reasonably well.

It remind me of thoses apocalyptic scenarios where the Great Hadron Collider destroy the world. It’s not, stricto sensu, completely impossible. It’s just a particulary improbable thing to begin with, and in addition the monitoring we do on that mean that we may very well understand that there is a problem long before it’s irreversible.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

In which Scildfreja rambles about dork fodder. Feel free to ignore.

@Pie, I name the an Honorary Scildfrejan!

No real perks or anything, but you’re allowed to use a ridiculously overwrought screen name now if you want. You have to post pony gifs though.

@EJ, er, well. I have complicated feelings on that idea.

See, we do that sort of thing already, we’ve been doing it since the 80’s, and earlier in less complex forms. The basis of the automated mathematicians which formed the whole Artificial Intelligence boom back in the 60’s were sort of self-leveraging. They write their own rules, at first based on static meta-rules, then by dynamic rules.

One of my favourite rule selection processes is called annealing, which uses the uncertainty of a system as a metaphorical temperature. When the system is uncertain about whether its rules match reality, rules change quickly, self-assembling from pseudo-random codelets on a coderack. As it creeps towards a more sure state, the temperature drops and the rules, now annealed, harden into a final form. It’s a cool metaphor and works well, and represents a system that’s capable of designing itself as it goes, to better match the environment in which it operates.

We don’t currently have a system that can do that in a truly self-leveraging way, though, and kupo’s right – we can look at the inputs and outputs of a black box to fish out its architecture, so a dynamic self-adapting system can be very knowable.

But, like I said, I have complicated feels on this topic, because kupo’s right, but it’s more complicated than that. Warning, there’s a little math ahead.

AI systems that are capable of handling complex situations tend to use some sort of inferencing engine or production system. Put simply there are two parts to a production system, a rule set and an input set. Inputs are statements about the world, like (grass(5236) _is_ green(1043)) (grass is green). You gather these up with sensors. Rules are transformations, such as (grass(_) _is_ green(_)) := (season(_) _isnot_ winter(_)) (if the grass is green, it’s not winter)

All well and good. We use production systems because they handle combinatorial factors well, amongst other reasons. For a typical program, adding another type of input creates 2^n new situations that have to be handled. However, in a production system, you’re generally only adding 2n rules to handle the new input type. Much less work, and you can deal with far more complex situations as a result.

Here’s the problem, though – we can have millions of rules in a production system – and that’s for a modern system in which the rules are generally hand-crafted, or at least the rule creation process is known. If you don’t have your list of rules? Your black box is a nightmare. It’s still a deterministic system, but, well…

Software is generally considered non-deterministic these days. Sure, you can go into a program and spit out its machine language code and figure out exactly how long each step should take to run. In this case – deterministic, and we can predict run time really well. But then you put it on an action machine and that code gets split up over multiple cores and starts competing with hundreds of other threads for resources? It becomes non-deterministic, and the best we can reasonably do is guess at roughly how long any given operation will take.

So too with production systems, only moreso. We can’t tell which rule will fire first, or what order they’ll fire in, when you’ve got millions of competing rules jockeying for position. If those rules were developed by a self-leveraging system? It’d take us decades to untangle that garblemess. At which point, it’s obsolete.

At some point it would be a theoretical exercise as to whether we could understand the code – programmers would be like historical curators, deciphering the data structures of the Early Accelerando Period or whatnot. Could we do it? Sure. It’s math. Could it take us longer than the projected lifespan of the solar system to do it? Maybe.

Currently, the Cyc project and its competitors have semantic networks (rule databases) in the tens of millions of entries. Each rule is mathematically identical to a neuron. Not quite at “human brain” level yet, but only a few years ago they were only at a few tens of thousands. There are (likely) thousands of rules in the “software engineering” category in there. Software engineering is a good use case for designing a general production system, since it’s something the designers are experts on.

Will it be overnight? No. This is the sort of thing that is watched carefully. Will it happen? Silly question, it’s already started. Will it look like science fiction? Not likely. I have ideas on what it’d look like as well, but that’s a bit much for this post, probably.

Complicated topic. Interesting stuff though!

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ ohlmann

I think perhaps you meant to respond to EJ?

where the Great Hadron Collider destroy the world.

But as for the LHC, my understanding (which may well be wrong) is that much higher energy collisions are occurring naturally all the time. But obviously we can’t predict when and where that might happen.

All the LHC does is ensure there’s a camera present as it were.

To overstretch an analogy: whilst we’re worrying about the threat from AIs it might be that the crows (or apes or octopuses or any other natural lifeform) have a much better chance at being the first to outsmart us.

ETA: unethical genetic tinkering with living creatures maybe has a better chance at creating a non human ‘intelligence’ than a cyberneticist?

Cat Mara

@Alan Robertshaw:

No, I don’t remember that one. I only had sporadic access to British TV at that time. Ireland had a few homegrown ones, including a particularly gruesome one whose message was, “it’s possible to drown in only a few inches of water”, with an image of a toddler’s pair of feet sticking out of an inflatable paddling pool. 😨

And as for Delia, oh one of my all time crushes. So sad

I know, she comes across as a really warm, quirky person. Such a pity she died so young just as she was seemingly getting back to work and finding the recognition that had eluded her. And in fairness to Ron Grainer, he did try getting her a co-composer credit but the BBC weren’t having it…

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Also of note : there is mathematic demonstrations whose humans cannot fully understand, because they are way too fucking long (and generated by programs).

Despite that, the thing is, there is a big difference between understand the outline, and full understanding. There isn’t any mathematical proof whose outline isn’t understandable by a human. Not sure if there is programs who are so ; some human-written programs certainly feel close to that, and usually they are run in a way that prevent them from doing

(and, of course, web browsers and operating systems are made to run program with the assumption they will try to be actively harmful, not just unknown or surprising. Because, while we talk about an AI doing code we don’t understand, we also built a shitton of virus and other malicious programs, so in a sense the first malicious AI is called “mankind”)

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

@Alan : the LHC is supposed to make collisions that happen all the time. But it’s not like we are 100% sure they are the same collision and that there can’t be an unknown phenomen or something like that.

The thing is, the LHC did not turn on full power instantly. It gradually increased power, not just to test the equipment and avoid accident, but also because if there is a truly strange and dangerous phenomena, we have betters odds of finding it before it go off.

To take yet another analogy : when Curie discovered radioactivity, she didn’t know that it could create an atomic explosion. But the way she and other scientists studied the phenomena have let us discover the risk of a nuclear explosion well before anyone accidently did one.

In a similar way, nobody just put the LHC at max power with some new target without second thing, and nobody let a programs generate programs and release them in the wild of the internet. It’s a small bit more controlled than that, even when there is no real doubts about safety.

Also, my browser sometime cut off sentences oO.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ cat mara

the BBC weren’t having it…

Ah the BBC.

“We’ve got a Jewish woman, a gay Asian bloke and the only female technician in the radiophonic workshop. Where can we stick them where they won’t scare the horses?”

“Well there’s Sydney Newman’s daft time travel thing. It’s only scheduled for six episodes and no-one else will touch it with a bargepole?”

EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

Thank you, Scildfreja. I’m going to take the time to digest that.

Also thank you Pie and kupo. I’ve learned a great deal today.

Sigh :/
Sigh :/

News just in. That_Disingenuous_Susan gets more disingenuous, if you could believe that was possible.

Sigh :/

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Sigh
I’m mentioned, but taken outta context. Whatever. I think she thinks Oogly is a she. And people who commit sexual assault are just poor souls who feel bad about their lives. Anyway, she’s conspiring with the assholes over there. Apparently, she thinks we’ll be banned from here if we comment over there. So much stupid, it’s hard to unpack it all

halp

guyse

I almost went over there and commented

halp

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Scildfreja
Pull yourself together, woman! There’s only misery and pain to be had over yonder. Besides, does their comment section allow for pony gifs? Then what’s even the point?

Whew

Thank you. I mean, really, they don’t allow pony gifs? What kind of savages are they? 😮

(Honestly, though, after a moment of thought I realized it’d be me standing up and getting pelted with wet noodle arguments from all corners. Gross.)

Croquembouche of patriarchy
Croquembouche of patriarchy

@Sigh:/,

Is JB’s work always that incoherent? That poorly phrased and that poorly laid out, as well as that poorly reasoned?

I mean, paragraphs and quotation marks don’t cost extra on blogs.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Croquembouche, I’ve always found that to be a pretty good tell for how much attention I need to pay to an MRA’er. I’ll entertain the ideas of one that can say what they want to say clearly and concisely; if it’s a garblemess or a thesis, I can tell that I’m probably wasting my time.

Needless to say, it’s been awhile since I’ve had to confront an idea from them.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I love how she claimed David acted like Susan was being worse than Hitler and then quoted what he actually said, which was nothing of the sort.

I also love that in effort to paint the commenters as hysterical women, the comments of two male commenters, were highlighted and one had to be misgendered to get the point across.

How pathetic do you have to be to troll a blog for the specific purposes of eventually being banned so you can complain about the ban on your own turf.

Seriously, that’s just sad.

Nice to get some confirmation of what we all suspect though. That commenters who pretend to be neutral but just happen to think we’re doing social justice all wrong are always on the anti-feminist side and just don’t have the ethics to be honest about it.

Weird (and thoroughly disgusted with the judicial system) Eddie
Weird (and thoroughly disgusted with the judicial system) Eddie

@ Scildfreja

Nooooo!!! Stay away from such toxic environs!! From what I’ve seen, JB is tolerant of male commenters, provided they display a minimum level of misogyny, or at least support for patriarchy (a level which is pretty high), and INtolerant of female commenters unless they display a minimum level of acceptance of and deference to male authority (a level which is even higher). JB is also very short with the heresy which teaches that JB is (or even could be) wrong….

Check that… Female commenters, JB doesn’t care what you have to say, since having an opinion is decidedly NOT feminine.

kupo
kupo

@Scild
I was also tempted. I was already logged in to Disqus. But then I remembered how frustrating she was to talk to on here where she doesn’t have her misogynist friends with her.

@Axe
She definitely thinks Oogly is a she (cat avatars seem to have that effect). She also seems to think that being raped isn’t all that bad and maybe sometimes it’s worse to be falsely accused of rape. To which I have to question if she would ever say the same about other forms of violence. I mean, you can get over a stabbing pretty quickly and really, what’s a little blood loss? Some people even choose to donate blood so it can’t be that terrible. But being falsely accused of stabbing someone can destroy your life!

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

See, that’s the problem, @Eddie.

I like a challenge.

kupo’s right, though, as are you. Exercise in frustration. Susan was very good at deflection, and dealing with that amidst a chorus of cohorts wouldn’t be any better an experience.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Remember when JB tried to get us to doxx a feminist activist? She falsely accused her of threatening the AVFM conference and then pretended to be concerned for this feminist’s safety saying someone better warn her she could be in legal trouble if she’s making threats. Of course, she had no evidence of this woman ever making any threat and none of us knew her anyway.

It will never stop being funny that JB thought that ploy would work on us and I will never stop bringing it up.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Fortunately noscript automagically blocks most comment boards unless I explicitly allow them to load, so I am spared the temptation of even looking at the comments.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

I just glanced, PoM. Nothing there that you wouldn’t expect. You can read some of the replies that Susan wrote in that thread if you wanted. They’re as long as you might expect, and do the same tap-dance as the previous ones. Nothing to write home about. Other comments are all exactly as you’d expect. At one point Susan was all “I think that some of them seemed reasonable” though, which was nice. That said, she also hoped the reasonable ones would go talk to her over there, and I don’t see that happening. I’m not interested in confrontation!

@WWTH, I don’t remember that but it sure sounds like JB to me. Backhanded legal threats are practically the right-wing modus operandi.