Dunning–Kruger effect entitled babies hillary clinton persuasion scott adams trump twitter

#Hillbullies: MasterPersuader Scott Adams discovers hashtag of doom for Hillary C

The MasterPersuader, persuading
The MasterPersuader, persuading

Watch out, Hillary Clinton! Dilbert creator and self-described master persuader Scott Adams has discovered the Twitter hashtag that will spell your doom!

#Hillbullies.

See, it’s “Hill” for “Hillary Clinton,” and “bullies” for “bullies,” and it sounds like “hillbillies” which is HILARIOUS, so therefore LANDSLIDE VICTORY FOR TRUMP.

Let’s back up a second here, in case you don’t fully grasp Mr. Adams’ PERSUASION MASTERY.

You see, Adams has been trying for some days now to reverse the perception that Trump and his followers are bullies — you know, just because Trump has repeatedly called for protesters at his rallies to be beaten up, and his followers have gone ahead and done that, you know, that sort of thing.

But as Adams sees it, it’s Hillary’s supporters who are the REAL bullies, because some of them have called him “silly” on Twitter.

No, really. This is his response to someone literally calling him “silly.”

And here he is taking on someone who jokingly referred to him as the creator of the Garfield comic strip.

And here he is responding to someone who called him a “douche.”

But there was something, well, lacking about his replies, persuasion-wise. “Clinton bullies” doesn’t have much of a ring to it. Even when it’s rendered as the hashtag #ClintonBullies.

Now Adams has turned his MasterPersuasion up to 11 with a devastating new hashtag. I am speaking, of course, of #Hillbullies.

BAM.

Adams wasn’t the first to use the hashtag to go after Ms. Clinton; assorted tweeters have been using it sporadically for some time. But none of them had Adams’ reach, or his enthusiasm for the hashtag, which he’s pulled out again and again since his earthshattering discovery of it.

Apparently it has not occurred to Mr. Adams that calling someone a “Hillbully” isn’t technically an argument either.

But no matter. Adams’ fans think he’s a GENIUS.

Naturally, people have started making the memes.

I don’t know about you, but all this persuasion is making me dizzy.

(Note: I realize that I used the “fanbullies” in the headline of my last post. In my defense, I only used it twice. I hadn’t seen Adams’ tweets before using it, which must mean that I am as much of a MasterPersuader as he is for attaching “bullies” to another word.)

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

Actually we tried to literally mix ponies with everything. Natural selection then followed.

@kokoda
Can you show me an example of someone acting like we were concerned about someone being more equal than someone else?

eli
eli

Wait, is kokoda the one from the other day who was going on about Animal Farm.

Looks like someone looked it up on wikiquotes!

EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

@Scildfreja:

I share your nerdery! Mars, baby, Mars!

kokoda
kokoda

Isn’t it great that the FBI reopened the Hillary Email case. Is there really a chance for justice in the good ole USA. What do youse think?

BTW – I do have and wear a Tee ‘Hillary for Prison’.

I believe in equality for all, which includes justice for all.

Podkayne Lives (Hairless Marsupial Gutter Nun)
Podkayne Lives (Hairless Marsupial Gutter Nun)

I think that after thirty years of incessant attempts to get Hillary Clinton convicted of SOMETHING, ANYTHING, this seems like a very thin new development to hang your hopes on. But don’t let that discourage you. The eight years of Mrs. Clinton’s presidency will undoubtedly provide you with a near-infinite cornucopia of new charges to trade around on social media, and you can probably get some new shirts.

Good luck.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ kokoda

What do youse think?

Here’s one thing I think. The Dow Jones has tanked over 100 points on the news. Let’s both think about that. So even though this is probably just a storm in a teacup that will soon fizzle, the fact that there’s just the tiniest chance this could help Trump has got the market panicking.

The most business minded people in the US have freaked out because there’s just the remotest possibility Trump could become president.

What does that say about his perceived competence at running the country?

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Oh, @kokoda, honey. Is this your first time voting?

There’s less than two weeks left until the election. The FBI won’t be able to complete an investigation within that period of time. She’s going to be the president. On the slim chance that they find her guilty, it’ll be after she’s elected. That’d mean that you’d have President Kaine.

I’m so sorry, sweetie. Your bog pumpkin just isn’t going to be president. Chances are good he’s going to be an increasingly pathetic touring right-wing hate show, a carnival barker.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Hillary Clinton emails – what’s it all about?

What about the new twist?

The FBI announced at the end of October that it had discovered new emails “in connection with an unrelated case… that appear to be pertinent to the investigation”.

Director James Comey said investigators would determine whether the emails contain classified information.

The letter from Mr Comey to Congress is frustratingly vague. There’s no information on what the “unrelated case” is that led to a re-opening of its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s server, for instance, or how many emails are in question. That will only fuel the rampant speculation already breaking out, with leaks from “government sources” in the coming days sure to fan the flames.

Mrs Clinton’s critics will go on the attack, using the latest news to support their claims that the former secretary of state engaged in malfeasance. Her supporters will spend the next few days in a defensive crouch, trying to assess how bad the damage could be

5 Facts That Killed New Hillary Email Scandal In Less Than An Afternoon

1. The Emails Did Not Come From Her Private Server.
2. The Emails Did Not Come From Hillary Clinton.
3. The Device The Emails Were Found On Did Not Belong To Clinton.
4. There Were Only 3 Emails Being Checked.
5. The Clinton Campaign Is Already Asking For Transparency.

A “scandal” came. It lasted about 3 hours. Then it fizzled. Enjoy the low calorie nothing burger the FBI just fed everyone 11 days out of a presidential election.

GOP Scandal Falls Apart As New Emails Didn’t Come From Hillary Clinton’s Server

From previous reporting, it is known that the emails have nothing to do with Clinton, her campaign, the Clinton Foundation, the Russian hacks, the State Department, and any emails she sent or received. Now, we know that the emails were not on her server. FBI Director Comey completely bungled this announcement, and he needs to explain what the FBI is analyzing, because it doesn’t sound like it has anything to do with Hillary Clinton.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ scildfreja

bog pumpkin

I like that. It’s both witty and seasonal.

kokoda
kokoda

Alan Robertson – you be hilarious
Scildfreja – 1st time voting……I really appreciate the Intelligence and Wisdom accumulated by ‘some’ people; you are an example.
FYI, I have voted since 1964; I have voted for Dem’s and Rep’s; I have been an Independent for many decades and am an Atheist.

I will give all a piece of my wisdom accumulated over the years and having had to Suffer the mental impairment of Registered Dem’s and Rep’s.
My Wisdom = Change your political affiliation to Independent and over 5 years time you will have become a critical thinking human instead of remaining a member of the herd of sheep.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Atheism doesn’t give you bonus points, Scildfreja is Canadian, and you’re an ableist shit. Get em outta here!

Ghost Robot
Ghost Robot

Oh here we go. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!

Troll elsewhere Kokoda.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@idiot

I’ll start caring about OMG TEH BENGHAZEMAILS when you start caring about Trump’s child rape charges. So, never.

Those are actual charges in an actual lawsuit, by the way, not “Some dumbass from the FBI fucked up.”

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

@kokoda
Don’t change the subject now. You entered the the thread with this,

Amuses me that so many here support the reality “everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others”.

…and I reasonably asked you for an example of the bold part. Now you changed the subject to justice. Those are different things. Have the courage t back your shit up.

kupo
kupo

I’m an independent. I’ve never been affiliated with a party and don’t ever plan to. I dislike partisan politics and think they need to go away. I voted for Clinton.

Paul Beaulieu

Scott, Scott, Scott. Your “I know you are, but what am I?” riposte is as persuasive as it was when Trump used it at the debates.

No puppet! No puppet! YOU’RE the puppet!”

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ kokoda

I have voted since 1964;

I feel bad about doubting you but I just find that a bit hard to believe. That would you’d be pushing 70 or so and, whilst everyone is different, you don’t sound like someone that age. You sound a lot younger.

Apologies if I’m wrong, and at least you haven’t done the grizzled Vietnam vet thing yet.

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

Kokoda, so you’re 70?

You’re Trump, aren’t you?

CONSPIRACY!!!11!!!eleventy!!!!!

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@kokoda, aging might turn grape to wine, but it can also turn wine to vinegar. Wisdom is about lived experience, not about flipping pages on the calendar.

Axecalibur is right, I’m Canadian (hello from your neighbours!). I’ve scarcely voted for the same party two times in a row, and have never voted for the same party both federally and provincially. I’ve voted for the Conservatives, for the Liberals, for the NDP and for the Greens (Wild Rose and Refooooorm can go to hell though). By your measure, I’m one heck of a critical thinker. Thank you!

That said, nothing you mentioned refutes my point – there’s no way an FBI investigation is going to conclude positively within 12 days. And, to add to it – this may feel like new news, but it’s not. “Hillary’s Emails” have been shouted from the Ozarks and the Rockies for months now. Why do you think this would cause a significant shift in polls now?

There’s nothing in these emails – every “fact” about them that’s come out so far have been entirely debunked, and the FBI director is being accused of interfering with the election, so thin is the evidence on the ground.

Put down the partisanship, sweetie. Look at it mathematically. It’s gonna be President Hillary Rodham Clinton.

And if you care about corruption as much as you say you do? You’ll put the pressure on her and the rest of the political system to keep her promises and to end the flow of corporate money into Washington. I’m not even American, and I support Wolf-PAC and Democracy Now, because I care about you guys. I want you guys to have your democracy back – not by putting a toaster-strudel fascist into office, but by actually restoring the republic you cherish.

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

I also have been a independent for about 15 years. I have not gone D, and I converted from R (I was what my parents were).

Catalpa
Catalpa

Maybe he’s a 329-year-old engineer, Alan! He sounds a lot like the last one that was on the blog.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

comment image

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I was going to whose troll tell capitalizing random words was. Then I remembered that’s pretty much all of them.

Paul Beaulieu

kokoda
October 28, 2016 at 5:42 pm

BTW – I do have and wear a Tee ‘Hillary for Prison’.

I believe in equality for all, which includes justice for all.

LOL, if you support Trump…

You DO NOT believe in “equality for all”. You are supporting a campaign based in bigotry AND misogyny.

You DO NOT agree with “justice for all”. Trump is all for the arbitrary and capricious application of the law. He thinks Vladimir Putin is a model leader…and you want to talk about Clinton’s propensity to “abuse power”? Puhlease.

If you support Trump, you are an utter hypocrite if you profess shock at Clinton’s alleged shady dealings.

Just a couple of examples of hypocrisy:

Giving Trump a pass on his foundation, which used charitable donations to buy Trump a painting of himself, while going after non-stories on Clinton’s foundation

Being shocked, shocked, shocked about Clinton having been under investigation over e-mails but omitting to mention that Trump is being investigated and sued for his sketchy “university” and apparently bribed the AG of Florida to not be investigated for that very thing.

BTW, it seems that this latest “development” is a whole lot of nothin’.

Lucrece
Lucrece
Reply to  kokoda

@kokoda

Words do have meanings

Thanks for clearing that one up!

Suggest all watch Project Veritas vids

Suggest all use grammatical sentences.

(Anyway, it’s gonna be difficult to watch anything after I’ve plunged red hot needles in my eyes – something I’d infinitely prefer to do.)

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

The capitalization thing is weird. I mean, I get it – it’s used For Emphasis, to point out which words are Stronger. Just, well, they pick such weird words to emphasize. It is a pretty interesting window into the mind, though. Words that were inappropriately capitalized in his post are:

Intelligence
Wisdom
Suffer
Wisdom

Dude really, really wants us to know how wise and smart he is, and how much he suffers for us. He’s like Jesus, really.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

As you probably all know by now, the FBI are investigating an ex congressman about some explicit messages he sent to a minor. They’ve siezed the computers in his house. One had a few copied emails on. The guy’s (ex?) wife used to work in Hilary’s office as an aide.

Infer what you will from that.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

The guy’s (ex?) wife

They are still married but currently estranged.

Laugher at Bigots
Laugher at Bigots

kokoda, speaking as an atheist myself, atheism is not a golden ticket to rationality. There are plenty of atheists that believe stupid things.

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

Alan: it means grasping at straws. Because that’s all they’ve got.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Kokoda kokoda
I don’t mean to diss ya
But less than two whole weeks
To find some cripplings leaks?
Oh sweet sweet 5 8 3
Please help this poor soul see
Trump will be history
And it’s no mystery
Your wish of bigotry
For male toxicity
Is a piss in the breeze
Sorry for your unease.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

The source of those emails is a particularly gross dude, too. Anthony Wiener has been caught doing inapropro things numerous times – sexting and texting all over the dang place. He was disgraced while in office once by sexting with a dominatrix, then had to resign when he did it again several months later. That’s when his wife decided that she wasn’t going to “stand by her man” anymore.

Apparently he’s still at it, chasing under-aged girls, going from inappropriate to outright disgusting.

But hey, the Republicans could use the tenuous link to the Clinton campaign to smear Hillary, so the actual criminal issue will be buried beyond public awareness. So that’s nice. Thanks, elephant dudes.

Laugher at Bigots
Laugher at Bigots

I’ve a question for non-American Mammotheers. Are election seasons in other countries as awful as those in the United States?

Imperator Kahlo
Imperator Kahlo

@Laughter at Bigots

Our most recent election, here in Australia, was widely described as having a “marathon” eight-week campaign. I can’t even imagine what it’s like dealing with all that shit – and avoiding substantive policy discussion – for, what? Eighteen months?

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

It just hit me how many of their CONSPIRACIES!!! boil down to a man doing something wrong without Hillary’s knowledge and Hillary being forced to take responsibility for it.

1. I wonder why Trump isn’t even being forced to take responsibility for what he himself has done, much less what other people have done… Oh yeah, misogyny.

2. I wonder why men behaving badly are being thrown around as evidence that women shouldn’t be president… Oh yeah, misogyny.

Chris O
Chris O

After reading this article, I remember why I don’t read “Dilbert” anymore.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Laugher at Bigots, the recent Canadian election was considered one of the messiest. It was 14 weeks, which was way, way longer than it usually is, and it was messy because the Conservatives really went all-out on the mudslinging. They said Trudeau was too young and inexperienced! :O

A big part of why the US has such long, drawn-out elections (I think) is because they’re set on fixed dates. Everyone knows when the election is in advance, so you can plan a two-year campaign. In Canada (and most Commonwealth countries I think) an election is called when the ruling party calls it, or after 5 years, whichever comes first. Additionally, an election is called if there’s ever a vote of non-confidence – i.e. if the House of Commons rejects a budget from the ruling party.

This has an effect of a) ensuring that the governing party never proposes a budget that’s going to make all the other parties vote against it, and b) ensuring that the government will call elections when they feel they’ve got the best chance at re-election. Likewise, the opposition and other parties can sort of anticipate when an election might be called, but can’t really be sure. It means they’ve always got to have some level of preparedness, but can’t be constantly campaigning.

End result is that we tend to have short election campaigns that happen when “times are good.” Makes for a stable transfer of power between governments, but also means that governments tend to rule for longer periods of time.

~takes off dork glasses~

Tragedy of the Commas
Tragedy of the Commas

It doesn’t help that, as soon as the new investigation was announced, lot of media tried to make it A Big Deal seemingly before knowing why it mattered or why the FBI is doing it. (Handsome Jack’s links helped explain a lot. Thanks for sharing.) What it does do is provide the opportunity to read what one wants to believe into it. Many have already made up their mind about what it means, like our little troll friend earlier. A writer for Gizmodo straight up says, “…this is certainly going to be used as ammunition by the Republicans, but it’s hard to see this having much impact outside of Trump’s base.”

At WaPo, an op-ed writer claimed that the new investigation could de-energize Democrats and re-energize Republicans. Although how much more energized could many Republicans be to vote for Trump because they hate Clinton? And how this would sway undecided voters, unless they already believed Clinton was untrustworthy, I don’t know.

A writer for The Atlantic argues that this is further evidence of “Clinton’s believability problem“, saying: “The announcement of an examination of new emails containing classified information (possibly from electronic devices belonging to Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin) could be damaging, given that it resurrects a problem Clinton has proven woefully unable to dispense with. … In the end, the news of the FBI’s continued investigation may turn out to be not much of anything. The problem for Clinton is that, as we have seen so far in 2016, public trust is a set of feelings more than it is a set of facts. This is not fair, but it is also true. Clinton’s extraordinarily long career in public service has given her a resume that she proudly touts as evidence of her qualification for the office of president—and it is difficult to begrudge her this. But all of these years of service have brought an accretion of skepticism relating to her believability—feelings that are sparked with each turn of the news cycle, no matter their relevance. Perhaps the news this week is that, for skeptics of Clinton, it isn’t news at all.”

The Atlantic writer, who wrote and published that piece before a lot of the details came out, also cites the Podesta e-mails (which, imo, show nothing except that in-fighting and politics as usual were at work behind the scenes; how–scandalous), as well as the rumors that Clinton will choose Lael Brainard as Treasury Secretary, as examples of her “believability problem”. Still, she isn’t wrong that the investigation feeds an “accretion of skepticism”, regardless of the facts. And all signs point to this being another non-scandal blown out of proportion.

I don’t have a lot of hope that, once this election is over, the next 4 years will be any prettier.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Another reason our election seasons are so long is because there are so few regulations on campaign finance. Candidates raise more and more money so they can do more and more campaigning and the bar for how much money and campaigning it takes to run for president, US senator or governor just keeps getting higher and higher. If only we had fully publicly funded elections. There would be a finite amount of money and campaigns could only afford to do so much.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@WWTH, one of the reasons the Conservatives were trounced so heavily in the recent Canadian election is because they were still spinning up an American-style of campaign finance, but our regulations were too tight to let them really go wild with it. They also went with an American style of media control. That ended up being a huge negative for them, and they lost almost everything to the Liberals because of it (and because of the Conservative track record as well).

So there is hope! You gotta patch up those holes in your campaign finance laws! Even if it stays private, there are still lots of ways to fix it! You can do it!

Tragedy of the Commas
Tragedy of the Commas

The Daily Beast published possibly the best headline for an article about the new FBI-Clinton…thing. I give you: “Hilary Haunted By Big, Stupid Weiners.

The article itself is really good, too: “The FBI isn’t technically “reopening” the Clinton email probe, nor are any of the emails unearthed while looking into Weiner from Clinton, or even hidden from investigators by Clinton. But Team Trump has their talking point now, that Hillary Clinton’s email saga is ongoing and untenable, and it’s all thanks to Anthony Weiner’s inability to resist temptation or stay away from technology. This is the third round of Weiner sexting allegations, and the fourth time his wagging junk has humiliated him, his family, and those associated with his family. We’ll likely never know what sort of fruit got Adam and Eve cast from the garden, but we know today’s male sinners are partial to Apple. And Blackberry.”

Paul Beaulieu

Laugher at Bigots
October 28, 2016 at 8:12 pm

They’re bad enough in Canada, however the election seasons in the U.S. are at a particular level of awfulness for a couple of reasons

1) They are really, really, really long! – Think about it: the Trump circus began on June 16, 2015. In other words, this dumpster fire has been blazing for 16 going on 17 months!

The thing is, in the u.s. you have primaries, which run for almost a year before the general election campaign begins. Also, a huge amount of fundraising is involved.

2) The political culture in the U.S. is particularly toxic. In Canada, the Stephen Harper government that was in power til last year imported many of the slimy dishonest techniques that the U.S. right has been honing for decades. Vilification of “the other”, faux populism replete with lies and slander have had a seriously poisonous effect in many countries but the right wing propaganda machine is very strong in the U.S.

Paul Beaulieu

@kokoda
October 28, 2016 at 11:27 am

Words do have meanings
Meaning what I want them to mean
Nothing more, nothing less
They obey my will under duress

Opinions are one thing
Facts are another
But by my will
They are joined together
My opinion is fact
And that’s forever

See, I get my news
From those I know are right
To reinforce my views
Right wing propaganda sites

Give me what I need
There, I view, I read
I gather these facts
Carefully chosen, and attack

Those who disagree
Who mock, who don’t believe
Any old thing will do
By my word, I make it true

Words do have meanings
Meaning what I want them to mean
Nothing more, nothing less
They obey my will under duress

Viscaria
Viscaria

Liberty and justice for all! says the guy supporting someone who is deliberately eroding public faith in the democratic election process.

losername
losername

Quick question: Is Adam Scott literally the opposite of Scott Adams?

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

Quick question: Is Adam Scott literally the opposite of Scott Adams?