alt-right entitled babies heartiste literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever post contains sarcasm racism trump

Alt Right goes Alt Banksy with amazing(ly dumb) Adidas meme

Alt-right "street artists" will never match the brilliance of this bit of graffiti
Alt-right “street artists” will never match the brilliance of this bit of graffiti

The Pledge Drive continues! If you enjoy this blog, and can afford it, please click on the “donate” button below!  Thanks!

The Alt-Right has a new plan to take over the culture … by appropriating the “corporate symbols of the left” and — get this! — subverting them. And then, like, pasting them on buildings and stuff. Because no one has ever thought of THAT before!

In a recent blog post, the pickup-artist-turned-white-supremacist-Trump-superfan “Heartiste” proudly posts a photo of one such subversion: street posters that have transformed the Apple logo, “an iconic image of globohomo shitlibbery,” into “a pro-Trumpening war banner” by turning the standard bite from the apple into a Trump silhouette.

Aw, it’s cute — they think they’re Banksy!

Heartiste then posts his own contribution to the “existential war for the soul of Western Man.”

Er, what?
Er, what?

If you’ve ever wondered if it was possible to screw up in Photoshop if all you’re doing is posting words onto a plain white background, it turns out the answer is “yes.”

Here’s a slightly more clever use of the Adidas brand:

Weird (not wired) Eddie
Weird (not wired) Eddie

but… who is “Bill Stickers”? And why is he being PERSECUTED???

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Poor Bill Stickers. Another victim of the evil feminist court system.

JoeB
JoeB

I haven’t been able to see or hear “Adidas” without getting this stuck in my head since I was 14.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Graphic designer: What you want?
Reactionary: Well, all the rest of my ideas are decades outta date…
Graphic designer: Say no more. I got you, fam

Imagine if these people had any idea what they’re doing

numerobis
numerobis

That adidas spoof — gah. Not the same font, and the kerning is awful.

JoeB
JoeB

@Axecaliber

That made me realize that he didn’t even use the “New” (since 1998) Adidas logo.

Judas Peckerwood

It’s a universal truth: nazis, racists and other hateful turds simply cannot grasp the basics of either art or humor. And every time they attempt the two, separately or together, the results are downright cringe-worthy.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@JoeB

AxecalibEr

Noice 🙂

That made me realize that he didn’t even use the “New” (since 1998) Adidas logo

To be fair, that new logo has been ass since 1998. But yeah, they probably image searched ‘adidas logo’ and picked one

Anne Lewis, Jib Creatr
Anne Lewis, Jib Creatr

Dude, just put the Adidas logo in the swastika’s place on the Nazi flag. It’s a German company. God, these people have no design sense.

epitome of incomprehensibility

If I had to “fix” an Apple ad, I’d do the totally original thing and add an “ly” to “Think Different”. Adverbs are important to me! 😛

From Heartiste’s post:

Will it be the tranquilizing globofeed of Lies and Ugliness, or the transcendence of Truth and Beauty?

I dunno, but poor Heartiste can’t decide whether to be Ezra Pound or John Keats (“Truth and Beauty” indeed). You can’t be both at once, you know.

Fallout Troy

Even this is a better photoshop:

Weird (not wired) Eddie
Weird (not wired) Eddie

Breaking news!

Supporters rally as video surfaces of “Bill Stickers” arrest!!!

Story at 11:00

Austin Loomis
Austin Loomis

epitome skrev:

poor Heartiste can’t decide whether to be Ezra Pound or John Keats

Well, he’s probably not going to decide to split the difference and be Ezra Jack Keats. (Ironically, as a Loomis, I am distantly related to be Ezra Pound and Samuel Colt, which probably makes the leftward drift of my life ironic in some way.)

ScarlettAthena
ScarlettAthena

Is the pledge drive capybara on hiatus? S/he was so cute. I thought one in running shoes would be appropriate.

Bina

adidas: All Day I Dream About Suing…James Wiedmann.

(Just doing my bit to help Adidas’s legal team out. Haha.)

kupo
kupo

@ScarlettAthena
I could not find one wearing shoes, but I did find a fist-bump capybara and that was too awesome not to share.

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

This feels like a rip off of an especially dumb Korn song.

Anne Lewis, Jib Creatr
Anne Lewis, Jib Creatr

Adidas: All Day I Dream About Skyrim
comment image

ETA: Yes there are mods that add sneakers to the game.

ScarlettAthena
ScarlettAthena

@Kupo

Many thanks! My day now feels complete with that cute capybara!

Weird (not wired) Eddie
Weird (not wired) Eddie

“an iconic image of globohomo shitlibbery”

tells me all I need to know about the original author. He must be so pissed about the tendency of some of the new tech bajillionaires to embrace social justice issues (at least until they become addicted to the money) e.g. Google’s “Don’t be Evil” (before they changed it to “Don’t be Google”)

epitome of incomprehensibility

@kupo – Fist-bump capybara, yay! I’ve been too busy this week to stick around much, but I enjoyed the capybaras!

@Austin Loomis – :). Also, that’s kind of cool! My dad’s from New England too, but no famous relatives that I know of.

Ah, Ezra Pound. I wrote about some of the guy’s work for my MA project. On one hand Pound did a lot to help other artists – helping writers get published, editing for free, providing his sculptor friend with material he couldn’t have afforded, etc. On the other hand, his writings (letters, poetry, non-fiction) from the 1930s-40s are full of racist and fascist views. (This doesn’t excuse him being treated so badly by the US justice system when he came back from Italy, but it makes him much less credible as a cultural critic, in my opinion.)

Unanswerable question of the day: if Pound alive today, would he support Trump? 🙁

Maeo
Maeo

@epitome of incomprehensibility :

“Thinkly Different”? Well, it follows its own advice, at least!
😛

Skiriki
Skiriki

Presenting proof about Nazis and such being incapable of doing good art.

The concurrent Große Deutsche Kunstausstellung (“Great German Art Exhibition”) was intended to show the more classical and “racially pure” type of art advocated by the Nazi regime. That exhibition was hosted near Hofgarten, in the Haus der Deutschen Kunst. It was described as mediocre by modern sources, and attracted only about half the numbers of the Degenerate Art one.

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Also more about Nazi art: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_of_the_Third_Reich

Skiriki
Skiriki

Oh hey, about that last link, fun tidbit for y’all:

Graphic design
The poster became an important medium for propaganda during this period. Combining text and bold graphics, posters were extensively deployed both in Germany and in the areas occupied. Their typography reflected the Nazis’ official ideology. The use of Fraktur was common in Germany until 1941, when Martin Bormann denounced the typeface as “Judenlettern” and decreed that only Roman type should be used. Modern sans-serif typefaces were condemned as cultural Bolshevism, although Futura continued to be used owing to its practicality.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

This is a level of sophisticated wit that has not been seen since Wacky Packs.

I’ll be disappointed if Heartiste doesn’t attempt a Cucka Cola logo.

I Blame Myself
I Blame Myself

This has nothing to do with anything, but I feel compelled to post this video here.
Please, forgive me.

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vx3_2ks5qQ&w=560&h=315%5D

A. Noyd
A. Noyd

numerobis says:

Not the same font, and the kerning is awful.

But wouldn’t it undermine the message to have the letters, y’know, sharing space?

Dan Kasteray
Dan Kasteray

These idiots are further behind the times than my grandfather. He’s only stuck in the 1970s, they’re stuck in the 1870s.

And bootlegging soulless corporate art is the height of creativity these jackasses can come up with?

Playonwords
Playonwords

The Adidas one reminded me of the old XKCD cartoon about kerning

dust bunny
dust bunny

re: racist sexist assholery correlating with shitty art/humor/design skills and poor ability to appreciate them too

Being so clueless about the subtler aspects of being human kinda somehow makes these guys’ evil a little bit easier to accept. I mean, not really, but if I imagine someone with a solid grasp of emotions and reading and producing subtext who still shares their beliefs, that’s just too scary to contemplate. At least things aren’t quite that bad.

It also gives me a little hope, that if this humanness stuff could be properly explained and taught to them, that would fix their evil too. That it’s all just a big misunderstanding. That’s probably not true, and they’d just learn more refined and effective ways of being evil. But I still feel a bit better for having thought about it.

Edit: “corporate symbols of the left” – I haven’t laughed this hard all week.

brian
brian

Cucka Cola is FAR too clever for these idiots.

abars01
abars01

For a split second, I thought Heartiste’s Adidas parody portrayed a marijuana leaf…

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@JoeB

Hah! I hadn’t thought of that song in years, but this blog post triggered my memory. I was gonna post it in the comments, but you got there first.

faeriesoph
faeriesoph

Ezra Pound wasn’t badly treated by the US justice system, he was very lucky not to be executed for treason, which he certainly would have been had he been say British. As it was he got off very lightly. (I oppose the death penalty, but those were the standards of the time.)

Joekster-betas bearded, sheeple shamed, dragons derailed. Reasonable rates.
Joekster-betas bearded, sheeple shamed, dragons derailed. Reasonable rates.

maybe someone should appropriate Donald Trump to make the alt-right look bad.

Wait…

Trumps already doing that by himself.

Diptych
Diptych

Confession: even years after leaving graf behind, I still find Bill Stickers/Bill Posters jokes hilarious.

Pol
Pol

Oddly enough I still read “heartiste” as “heartsite”.

I think that he would be so much happier and so much less fascist if he just found a decent girlfriend. Poor dude…

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Lots of racists and misogynists have wives or girlfriends though. Plus, statements like that kind of imply that it’s the responsibility of women to love and/or fuck asshole men so that they don’t hurt people.

Bill Stickers
Bill Stickers

@ Judas Peckerwood

I mean… sort of. I wish this were more true, but the rich tradition of misogyny and racism in the arts makes me think otherwise. Ezra Pound keeps coming up, but we also have Bukowski and Ginsberg, Jerry Seinfeld and Woody Allen, HP Lovecraft, Jim Goad.

NiOg, Adorator Culorum Actus Lesbiis
NiOg, Adorator Culorum Actus Lesbiis

Pol: No. *thwaps with newspaper*

Humans aren’t currency. You cannot buy, sell, or award them to others and if you do so it’s called human trafficking. Humans are not bribes, rewards or sops. You do not ‘get’ them for being good, nor will acquiring one magically ‘cure’ anyone of their own shitty behaviour, a thing they are solely responsible for.

Also, why would you throw a ‘decent’ human being, girl or otherwise, under the bus like that by awarding them to someone so repugnant?

Lastly: No. *thwaps*

(beaten to the punch by WWTH, far more succinctly)

Troubelle
Troubelle

@Playonwords

Read my mind.

@Pol

….I think we’ve been over this several times. Well, not specifically involving me, but I’ve seen the topic covered in the comments over and over again.

re: the article

This doesn’t even deserve a “you tried” sticker.

Pol
Pol

Oh geez. I really gotta change my name from Pol to something else. Almost anything else actually. Otherwise people will jump to conclusions and judge me for my good looks…

I mean, how did my comment draw this response from you guys? I thought that I was being truthful. And to be honest, nice.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

It’d be a problematic statement coming from anyone and would’ve got the same reaction.

I’m not saying you had ill intent, but maybe instead of getting defensive or changing your name, you should look at the reasons people were uncomfortable with your post and reflect on it.

Troubelle
Troubelle

@myself

Correction too late: it’s what the article showcases that doesn’t deserve the sticker. The article itself is fine.

@Pol

It’s not that this brand of people “need a girlfriend.” They need to learn to think and act like a reasonable human, instead of thinking that they are entitled to a woman, and that having a woman on their arm/in their bed is some sort of status symbol, and a notch on their belt. You’re perpetuating their own excuse that if only a woman were to actually stay with them, they’d be a decent person; when in reality, their lack of being a decent person is driving people of all genders away.

It’s silly. It’s childish. And it’s certainly not helping anything worth helping.

Pol
Pol

It was a tounge in cheek comment from me. Mostly.

Although maybe if heartiste actually had a true loving partner he wouldn’t be like he is.

If indeed he is a “he”…

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Pol

Sure. Keep digging.

Troubelle
Troubelle

@Pol

>>>claims “Just Joking” Justification
>>>repeats same sentiment in slightly different wording

Yeah, you’re really proving that you’re posting in good faith here.

And whether Heartiste is male, female, non-binary, agender, or identifying anywhere else on the spectra of gender, using alleged “strategies” that amount to date rape still makes him a bad person. Gender doesn’t matter.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Build That Wall-Mart
General Mot-Whores

Nah. This is difficult. :/

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Heartiste can’t have a true, loving partner precisely because he is the way he is.

1 2 3 4