alt-right anime nazis anti-Semitism capybaras homophobia infighting ironic nazis irony alert literal nazis milo not-quite-explicit threats oppressed white men racism vox day

Alt-Right civil war! Neo-Nazi Daily Stormer urges its fans to disrupt Milo’s college tour

U mad, bro?
Uh oh, now he’s mad!

The Pledge Drive continues! If you enjoy this blog, and can afford it, please click on the “donate” button below!  Thanks!

With Donald Trump flailing in the wake of his disastrous debate performance Monday, his Alt-Right superfans are turning on each other.

Hitlerphile Andrew Anglin of the Daily Stormer has launched what’s he’s calling “a Holy Crusade” against the most famous fanboy of the Alt-Right, Breitbart’s Milo Yiannopoulos, whom Anglin considers a “kike infiltrator and co-opter” of the Alt-Right and “the single greatest threat our movement has at this time.”

Milo is half-Jewish, you see.

Anglin’s “Final Solution to the Milo Problem,” as he so charmingly puts it, involves sending The Daily Stormer’s real-world troll army, such as it is, to confront Milo at his public appearances on college campuses. He’s also urging all true Alt-Rightists to boycott Breitbart unless it fires Milo (which is not going to happen).

The aim of the boycott is to deprive Breitbart of the “significant portion of their traffic” that comes from Alt-Rightists. The aim of the campus confrontations is to put Milo on the defensive by asking him questions he’d rather not answer. And, not incidentally, to scare the hell out of him.

“He will … be in a state of constant fear when he knows that real Nazis are going to show-up at every show and confront him,” Anglin wrote. “[T]here is nowhere to run.”

While Milo himself has yet to publicly respond to Anglin’s “crusade,” as far as I know, everybody’s favorite racist fantasy author Theodore “Vox Day” Beale has launched a counterattack of sorts, denouncing Anglin and his allies as #AltRetards, a teensy tiny group of confused malcontents who are no more than “the flea on the tip of the tail” of the true Alt Right.

“Neither Milo nor I,” Beale writes in a post on his Vox Popoli blog today,

want anything to do with them, their finger-painting, or their swastika panties. The Alt-Retard is the idiot branch of the Alt-White, which unfortunately does make them part of the Alt-Right despite their ideological incoherency, but then, every village needs its idiot.

As best as I can tell from Beale’s post today, his master plan to defeat the “Alt Retards” is … to call them “Alt Retards.”

“They want to babble about branding,” he declares, “well, they’ve just been branded.”

The enmity between Milo and the Daily Stormer isn’t new. Milo fired the first shot in the war in March when he and fellow Breitbarter Allum Bokhari wrote a 5000 word apologia for the Alt Right that, as I put it at the time, “celebrated the can-do spirit of the proudly racist and anti-Semitic alt-right and tried … to pretend that the virulently racist movement’s virulent racism was all a big goof.” All those angry dudes endlessly shitposting about “kebabs” and “dindus?” Just lovable scamps trying to get a rise out of the world’s grouchy Guses.

Just as the kids of the 60s shocked their parents with promiscuity, long hair and rock’n’roll, so too do the alt-right’s young meme brigades shock older generations with outrageous caricatures, from the Jewish “Shlomo Shekelburg” to “Remove Kebab,” an internet in-joke about the Bosnian genocide. …

Are they actually bigots? No more than death metal devotees in the 80s were actually Satanists. For them, it’s simply a means to fluster their grandparents.

Oh sure, the two admitted, there are some real Nazis in the Alt Right, but

there’s just not very many of them, no-one really likes them, and they’re unlikely to achieve anything significant in the alt-right.

To Anglin, them’s fightin’ words. He replied with a blunt tirade denouncing Milo as a “homosexualist half-Jew” and warning his readers that

Any attempt to downplay the Jew role in the destruction of Western civilization should be looked at as subversion.

This Breitbart article is the first large-scale attempt to co-opt the movement and remove the Jews. … Probably, they’ve been awarded this task by other Jews.

The Jews have their schemes.

But we also have schemes.

Anglin and his fans do indeed.

UPDATE: Breitbart says that a Milo event has been cancelled due to death threats. It’s not clear if they’re related to The Daily Stormer’s “crusade” or not.

Here’s today’s Pledge Drive capybara. I would like to apologize in advance for this.

nazicapybara

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

WHy apologize for that capybara ? 🙂

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

Come on and burn each other’s servers to the ground already. It’s so dull waiting for them to do more than posturing.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Oh my gosh, I would love to have the Breitbart traffic data for the next couple weeks. There’s no way that it wouldn’t be delicious. Either there’s no bump at all, at which point we can point and laugh at Anglin’s baseless threats, or we can point and laugh at Breitbart as it reaps the rewards of catering to literal Nazis.

There’s no way this can’t end up entertaining. Who needs popcorn?

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

There are many possible outcomes to this new “Nazis stalk Milo” plot twist, depending on how seriously the Nazis take their task. I’m … actually feeling a little sorry for Milo at some of those possible futures. It’s got to be this new medication regime, giving me emotions and shit.

EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

But Ooglyboggles, they never do anything more than posture. (Except occasionally run harassment campaigns on Twitter, but Yiannopoulos might find that hard without his blue tickmark.)

Viscaria
Viscaria

Wow. Well I hope Milo is not violently attacked by Nazis.

BGHilton

I don’t know which side to take. Surely there’s a frog in an SS cap who can clarify things for me?

Tosca
Tosca

Terrible people fight terrible people. Whoever loses, we win.

Fallout Troy

Wait, didn’t Vox Day say he was “alt-west” because he’s 1/8 native american or something? He’s not even self-described alt-right anymore is he? I can never keep up with this.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

OT but I found this out today:

So this college kid with basically no budget and no crew whatsoever made a documentary about Rubbertown, which is a neighborhood here in Louisville. The above is a trailer. I’d like you to compare the quality of that vs. the quality of Tubboy and Professor Skull’s well-funded effort.

Here is the website:

Again, I think a comparison is useful. It probably helps that Remington Smith, the film maker, had a real story to tell and not some made up fauxtroversy.

This film is being screened at an actual theater here locally, and will be shown at some indie film festivals. What’s going on with the Sarkeesian Effect again?

Judas Peckerwood

Poor Milo — he just wants to be loved. By nazis.

Judas Peckerwood

Milo is half-Jewish, you see.

So he’s self-loathing on more than one level, then. Sad!

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

@EJ
That doesn’t mean I can’t ask for more.
@PoM
Props to that man, film making is difficult work.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

‘The arrogance of man is thinking that fuckery is in our control and not the other way round. Let them fight’

‘The saddest gladiator match in the history of the reactionary internet. Racist versus… also racist. Sexist versus… well, ya know. Token of Breitbart versus Führer of Stormfront’

‘I’m sorry, Andrew. I wouldn’t do this if I had anything better to do. But I need the page views’
‘So do I’

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

comment image
So they are eating themselves? This is not surprising. You can’t be pure enough with that way of thinking. Things like “white” do not actually bias for good people. The rest is bigot and founder effect.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

I hope this doesn’t end in violence. :/

Cygnia

…please let these two sides destroy each other and drag down the bigoted orange troll doll running for President along with them without hurting any innocent bystanders in the carnage…

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Racists will always fight each other over who’s the whitest and who’s the most racist. That’s kinda what you sign up for when you become a public racist. Milo has never had a problem with commanding a mob to harass people before. Why start now?

I don’t support violence and intimidation through threats of violence, but I have no sympathy for Milo. This is the life he has chosen for himself.

Moggie
Moggie

It’s like watching three angry clowns having a slap fight. You can’t look away, but it’s not really funny, because they’re clowns.

Prediction: hardly any Nazis will turn up to heckle Milo. Possibly none. Anglin won’t really lose face, because all of these people live in an alternate reality.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Milo, though. And Roosh, too. “You know what I’m going to do,” say they, “I’m going to cozy up to some Nazis. Sure, I’m not white enough to meet their standards, but I’m sure they’ll accept me once they see how ideologically in line we all are.” And then, later, “Oh no! I can’t believe these Nazis, a group of people defined by their hatred of others based on parts of their identities that they cannot control, would hate me! Based on parts of my identity that I cannot control!”

Seriously though I hope that asshole is safe.

Little She-Bear
Little She-Bear

@Imaginary Petal:

Same, I genuinely don’t want Milo to be hurt/attacked but if he were, I’d really hope it would be a wake up call for him. Do you think he’d learn from it? What are the odds?

kupo
kupo

As much as I dislike Milo, that’s awful. I honestly hope no harm comes to him as a result of this.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Little She-Bear

No, I don’t think it works like that. If he were attacked, it would probably only make him more bigoted and hateful. Change for the better needs to be born out of love and compassion.

I would also like to avoid implying that something good might come of Milo being physically assaulted. In part because I don’t believe it’s true, but also because it could come across as encouraging an attack. I don’t want him to be hurt and I don’t think there’s anything to gain from it. I would, however, feel indifferent and unsurprised.

Nequam
Nequam

@Policy: Wish I could. As far as I’m concerned, he’s been swimming around in a chum pool of his own making.

Dalillama

Whaddaya know? Nazis gonna nazi. As far as violence goes, I had much rather they direct it at each other than at people who aren’t total wastes of space, and I genuinely cannot find it in my heart to care how many Nazis get hurt in the process.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Sorry to comment so much. I’m trying to avoid practicing my stuff for school.

Part of my concern for Milo is just concern because he’s a person, and I don’t think even terrible people deserve violent assault; but part of it is because I feel like every act of anti-semitic violence is calibrated to make other Jewish people feel unsafe. Like, if Andrea Hardie was attacked by a violent misogynist, that would make me feel more anxious as I went about my day-to-day. I don’t know if that makes sense at all.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Viscaria

Makes total sense to me.

Dust Kitty
Dust Kitty

I’m with Viscaria. He’s a person, however horrible. I don’t want to see anyone hurt by these assholes, not even him, and no good would come of it. I would, however, be entirely unsurprised if something did happen to him.
Don’t think I could force myself not to care.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

@Nequam

I can’t disagree with that! And my cynical little shriveled up heart should not feel anything about this except maybe glee, which is why I’m blaming it on my med change. Historically I have a hard time feeling compassion for people (never had a problem feeling it for animals) and that’s been changing over the past ~10 years or so, but in the past couple of months this feeling things for people has really accelerated into uncomfortable territory. My doctor claims normal people feel this kind of shit all the time, and I don’t know how y’all stand it.

So I’m imagining some outcomes here? that make me feel really sorry for anyone on the business end of it, even Milo? and that’s just how it is.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

I’d also like to think he won’t be hurt, I don’t want to wish pain on anyone. Even ones who like wishing, and causing, pain for others.

@PoM, I hope it becomes more comfortable for you soon, or at the least eases into an area that’s more comfortable for you! Meds do very funny things.

Ouroboros13

*sighs* I have never seen a more sad group of people than the alt right. Sweat shop workers in India have ten times the dignity they do despite their horrible conditions. Most alt right goofs live relatively privileged lives, even by first world standards (not being shot dead because of their race by police etc.), but they are such miserable people.

@Viscaria, I feel a little bit sorry for Milo. Yes, he’s an asshole who bred a vermin audience, reaping what he planted, but racist intimidation is horrible no matter who faces it. And, as you said, the intent is to terrify other Jews into silence.

Making racist memes does not make you a counterculture rebel. The alt right’s young, as Milo puts it, are defending centuries-old institutions like racism. It’s similar to how a Buzzfeed article foolishly called 4chan a counterculture, and those same 4channers defended things like gentrification. One of them even called black people moving into his affluent suburb “ethnic cleansing”. (And 4chan and other alt right factions defend policy brutality against nonwhites too.)

So… let me get this straight. The alt right are counterculture rebels, yet support giant corporations destroying small businesses and displacing poor folk, the government’s police force, and segregating nonwhites into poor neighborhoods. Hardly anyone could get more pro-institution than that.

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

I agree totally…both of them are heat-seeking attention troll missiles, but I really don’t want them to be physically attacked; I just want them both to hop on the Clue Bus.

Ktoryx
Ktoryx

Honestly… that’s not a bad assessment of a large chunk of the Alt-right “edgelords”. Except that they’re often adults who were trapped in an adolescent mindset, which is the only way to explain a 30-year-old who goes around calling people “cuck.”

Margaret Pless
Margaret Pless

Isn’t Milo already facing tense confrontations with certain student groups at the campuses he visits? I seem to recall that his talk at DePaul University in May was cut short when activists stormed the stage and took his microphone. Milo left and posted a whole raft of articles about how he’d been censored and safe spaces and what not. And while I don’t think those students were right in their actions (if the college invited him to speak, let him speak – it only shows how terrible he is) I would also be incredibly pissed if my alma mater invited Yiannopoulos to a speaking engagement.

Assuming any Alt-Rightists can be bothered to turn up to Milo’s events, it seems to me like they’re more likely to clash with the liberal students Yiannopoulous is eager to offend rather than the real Milo. (Who, for the past few months, has been traveling with a personal trainer/bodyguard.)

Hu's On First
Hu's On First

The header picture made me think of this. I spent my childhood throwing food at bears who, unbeknownst to me, were actually reskinned Nazis.
comment image

Berdache from a previous life
Berdache from a previous life

While I don’t want anyone hurt, do want them to self destruct somehow.

Maybe a nationwide series of protests on election day where none of them actually vote?

Troubelle
Troubelle

It’s likely stale now, but @Scildfreja? I’ll take the popcorn.

Milo certainly isn’t coming to my campus, but if he was and I was able to tell him something, it’d probably be something like this:
“Excuse me…I couldn’t help but notice who you were. I am going to tell a truth to you that I hope we both know equally well: You have done many things to make the lives of many people worse. With your words, which incited actions, which incited displays of hate. One could consider you a bad person. At the same time, I am aware of numerous threats to your being. I suppose it was inevitable, but…I do honestly hope that not a one of them actually manages to lay harm to you or those you love. But hey. I’m just a liberal, AFAB, feminist, pansexual, autistic college student with short hair. You don’t have to remember that I said that.”

BoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoink
BoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoink

Honestly, I believe this is probably just another “fight” to drum up some relevancy.

Everything they say is the equivalent of a toddler having a meltdown for attention. I doubt this is any sort of exception.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Troubelle
If you don’t mind me asking, how does one say “AFAB” (or indeed “AMAB”) out loud? I’ve only ever come across it in text. Is it meant to be spelled out, pronounced phonetically, something else? Just curious… 🙂

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Not speaking for Troubelle, but I pronounce it “assigned female at birth.” But then I’m apparently an outlier, because I pronounce OMG as “oh my god” and BTW as “by the way” and it seems like nobody else of my acquaintance does it that way.

Troubelle
Troubelle

@Axecalibur
I dunno what’s official, but I say “ay-fab” or “ay-mab” (ex. “They say this dorm is split into a female and a male floor, but it’s more like an [ay-fab] and an [ay-mab] floor–there’s a person who’s trans male that’s been assigned to the former.”)

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@PoM
BTW= bee tee dubs

OMG= silence, cos I’m not 12 /sarcasm but only kinda 😁

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Troubelle
Missed the edit window, just as well *shrug*

I dunno what’s official, but I say “ay-fab” or “ay-mab”

That just sounds right, dunnit? OK, I’ll go with that from now on 🙂

Well, that’s disheartening. Not at all surprising but still pretty sad…

Troubelle
Troubelle

@Axecalibur
It was technically an EX, but it is actually the case at my dorm. He seems to be getting along alright for the most part, though. He made me udon noodles. I owe him gnocchi.

Kat
Kat

@POM

[I]n the past couple of months this feeling things for people has really accelerated into uncomfortable territory.

Tell me about it. Sometimes my emotion are an enormous pain in my ass.

Skiriki
Skiriki

1) Holy shit, Milo is a terrible person and wronger than wrong.
2) Holy shit, Anglin is a terrible person and wronger than wrong.
3) Holy shit, Beale is a terrible person and wronger than wrong.

This is it, this is a shit-black hole from which no reason can ever escape or emerge, and where all hopes and dreams go to die. It is a three-way collision of darkness, which is going to ensnare more darkness with it as it goes.

For everyone’s sake, I hope that this stays on realm of internet posturing and such, but there’s always splash-damage potential.

Seeing that none of the shitlords involved are going to listen a) me or b) reason of any sort, I’m just gonna take shelter and partake the popcorn generously offered and observe from safe distance.

Bina

“He will … be in a state of constant fear when he knows that real Nazis are going to show-up at every show and confront him,” Anglin wrote. “[T]here is nowhere to run.”

Wow. I know I somewhat facetiously speculated that at worst he’d end up like Ernst Röhm, but it looks like these Little Hitler wannabes are gearing up for an actual Night of the Long Knives. Or maybe a Night of the Loud Slaps. I’m kind of hoping for the latter, as it will be every bit as messy but a whole helluva lot more funny, and all of them are sure to come off looking like the total prats they are. Sort of like a less witty version of this:

PS: The pies and cakes in the background were for use in a scene immediately following this one, which was later deleted, in which the whole solemn affair degenerated into farce, and there was a pie fight in which all combatants got extremely gooey, right before the Earth-shattering kaboom.

Hu's On First
Hu's On First

‘Member when right-wingers at least pretended to be colorblind? Yeah, I ‘member!
comment image

Danel
Danel

Social Justice Warrior started off as a term used by liberals against a few extremists.

Just an unrelated observation.