capybaras hillary clinton open thread trump

Clinton-Trump Debate Open Thread

The Donald, no doubt saying something truly awful
The Donald, no doubt saying something truly awful

This is Pledge Week here at WHTM. If you appreciate this blog, and can afford it, please click on the “donate” button below!  Thanks!

It’s Debate Night here in the USA. The debate proper starts at 9 PM Eastern, but you can start talking, yelling, whatever right now and for as long as you want. Should this be a no-trolls thread? Yeah, let’s make it a no-trolls thread. And no Trump supporters, obviously.

I will be live-screaming the debate here in my apartment. If you’re outside my window, enjoy!

Here is another pledge week capybara for you all. Two of them, actually, with some hot capybara-on-capybara action:

Sleepy Capybara says: Donate!
Sleepy Capybara says: Donate!

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Clinton is taking the WHTM stance and just laughing at him.

Skiriki
Skiriki

Half of my Twitter feed is asking (independently of each other) if The Donald is high on cocaine and sniffling because of it.

Cleverforagirl
Cleverforagirl

I love how he talks about his temperament *while he’s throwing a tantrum*

RosieLa
RosieLa

@Skiriki I wondered that as well.

Policy of Madness

“They were taunting us!” Yeah, good way to show us how you’d react to the very first bruise to your ego as Preznit: start a war.

skybison
skybison

Yes blowing up another nations ships over taunts would start a war you dumbass. That’s how war works.

Policy of Madness

Jesus, we defend Japan because we forced a Constitution on Japan that forbids them from having an army that they could use to start invading other countries again like they were doing in the early 20th century. We’re not doing it for fun, we’re doing it to fucking control them. Goddamn.

RosieLa
RosieLa

Gosh, moderator.
Get on it.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Sean Hannity, Sean Hannity, Sean Hannity. Geesh.

Oh my god everyone laughed when he said he had a better temperament.

comment image

My faith in humanity has increased +3.

FoxKit
FoxKit

Is Trump suggesting we turn our military into a for-profit PMC?
comment image

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

“B-52s ARE OLD ENOUGH SO THAT YOUR FATHER GRANDFATHER COULD FLY THEM”

/Donald J. Trump

Policy of Madness

Clinton takes a reality-check moment and publicly reassures our allies that we will keep defending them. Good job being the adult, Clinton.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

She’s so much better at this than he is. My goodness, like night and day.

(This is part of my worry. The political atmosphere in the States these days seems to be much more about hating politicians and politics than it does about getting someone who’s smart and good at the job)

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

My Mother Just Now: Oh, you gonna vote for Clinton just because she’s a woman? We got a black president and then a woman president and then we can get serious again.

comment image

I’m related to this.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Quit making out with Russia, holy shit

Netanyahu isn’t a happy camper. Does Bibi’s face even have happy. I’m sure it does. Can’t remember ever seeing it

Great power, great responsibility

Policy of Madness

Holt needs to get control of Trump and he isn’t even trying anymore. I expected better from you, Holt!

eta: And they need to shut the audience up. Christ almighty, start ejecting the people who keep applauding and cheering.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Lester, your moderating skills
comment image

Nina’d

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Aaaa that Hillary mic drop!

RosieLa
RosieLa

She’s better at this than the moderator is.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

POM: Nobody can control Trumpster. That’s most of the reason he’d make a bad President, but it’s also Hillary’s biggest advantage.

Policy of Madness

Softball final question. Let’s see if Trump fucks this up.

eta: kind of, kind of not. I expected more of a meltdown from him, but he melted pretty far a couple of times.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

He wants a cookie for not saying something horribly inappropriate?

comment image

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Isn’t Trump going to court for rape charges next month?

How long do those things usually take? You know, for backup?

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Handsome Jack

That’s almost exactly what Wayne LaPierre said. His argument against Hillary was that “8 years of a demographically symbolic President is enough”. In other words, “we tried a non-white guy, now let’s get back to only white guys again”.

Rhuu
Rhuu

WOW so that’s the end of that debate. …. Vice president debate? that might be interesting, I don’t know a lot about those candidates. Though I do know that Pence is an asshole to LGBT people sooooo…

Policy of Madness

This debate was definitely all I dreamed it would be. I know David will be disappointed because Trump did not literally combust, but I’m not disappointed at all.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

@IP

comment image

I hate people.

Skiriki
Skiriki

Is it just my migraine or is my brain dying, and this debate I follow second-hand is nothing but the final hallucination before the void crabs consume it?

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Watching this, I was really quite struck by how much Trump’s behavior mimics that of an internet troll. No wonder they love him so much.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Fucking NBC news dude said Clinton “over prepared” for the debate–you can’t fucking OVER PREPARE.

Come on.

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

@weirwoodtreehugger – there’s a reason that Breitbart kid calls him “Daddy”. He is the father of trolls.

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

Well I had a good time watching him fumble every step of the way. It was fun to see this is the fact of the alt right, ut certainly is, hi /pol/ care to defend yourself?

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

Clinton has been preparing for this all her life. If that’s a bad thing … I don’t even want to think about it.

RosieLa
RosieLa

That was ridiculous.
I hope we get an open thread for the next one!

Dalillama
Dalillama

@FoxKit

Is Trump suggesting we turn our military into a for-profit PMC?

Probably. It’s a bizarrely popular idea among a certain segment of the right.

Policy of Madness

I don’t know if I’ll even watch the veep debate. I almost never do – I watched Biden vs. Palin for the lol factor, but the reality is that the veeps don’t matter (until they suddenly do).

PeeVee the Sarcastic
PeeVee the Sarcastic

I considered taking a shot every time he said “tremendous”, but I like my liver…

Lester did a terrible job.

It did go as I expected, although my eyes hurt from rolling them so much. Bloviating buffoon.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Lester just deflated under the weight of Trump’s bullshit, didn’t he? Took him forever to jump in on that last non answer. Journalism everybody

Trump: *something deplorable*
Mom: ooh, I can’t stand that man
Me: I know, right?
Mom: her either
Bro: those are your options. Vote the right way
Mom: lesser of 2 evils, huh?
Me: *double take* how old are you?
Bro: XX
Me: Mmhmm. C’mon now, you ain’t new…
Mom: *silence*
Trump: *something deplorable*

RosieLa
RosieLa

@PeeVee, my friends did that and got predictably trashed.
Good for you for looking after your liver!

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

Oh look the damage control is astounding in the online polls. The narrative is collapsing before our very eyes.

Pure distilled delicious rejection of reality.

Wwaxwork
Wwaxwork

My biggest fear is Trump after the nightmare of Trump actually winning the damn election, is he will win then will get impeached about 3 months in for one of his many lies & freaking Pence will end up President. While Trump is Chaotic & Evil, Pence is just a nasty little man who will just quietly remove everyone rights and the country will be so damn relieved he’s not Trump he’ll get away with it.

Schnookums Von Fancypants, Social Justice Wario
Schnookums Von Fancypants, Social Justice Wario

One definite good thing came out of the debate: Chuck Tingle’s livetweeting. That man is a goddamn national treasure.

Aunt Podger
Aunt Podger

I suspect Trump is playing to lose and keep his campaign donations, myself.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I love how Howard Dean has zero fucks to give anymore.

Huh. I used to be able to get tweets to embed. Oh well.

PeeVee the Sarcastic
PeeVee the Sarcastic

@Rosie: my husband and his friends got loaded in the first half hour. Thank goodness they’re our neighbors and can walk home!

@Wwaxwork: you described Pence perfectly. Even my MIL, who is about as staunch a GOPer as one can get, despises him. (She, of course, is voting for Trump anyhow. “I like him.” she says. “He’s refreshing.” she says.

Hey, “Mom”? You kick Uncle Dick out every Thanksgiving for saying the same sort of shit, and now you’re going to vote for his doppelgänger as POTUS? Brilliant.

PeeVee the Sarcastic
PeeVee the Sarcastic

Howard Dean said exactly what I was thinking.

But I don’t want DT to think I’m a big old meanie so I’ll just keep it to myself.

Tovius
Tovius

I can’t listen to Donald for more than 5 seconds without my ears starting to bleed, so thanks, Mammothers, for filling me in on what’s happening.

Kat
Kat

Donald Trump drank water — what, five times, maybe twenty-five times? Who knows! — during the debate. Either way, it was a tremendous number of times. I thought they’d have to bring in a 50-gallon bottle of water for him. It was disgraceful!

Excessive thirst: a sign of diabetes.

Does Donald Trump have diabetes?

Like Fox News, I just ask the questions.

Meanwhile, Hillary — the candidate with supernatural stamina — drank nothing.