hillary clinton reddit trump

Rich Douchebag secretly funding anti-Hillary meme war, Daily Beast reports

A different rich douchebag than the one mentioned in the headline
A different rich douchebag than the one mentioned in the headline

So the filthy rich 24-year-old founder of Oculus — you know, the tech company with the virtual reality goggles — has apparently been secretly funding a propaganda outfit attempting to take down Hillary Clinton with a barrage of dank memes.

According to The Daily Beast:

A Silicon Valley titan is putting money behind an unofficial Donald Trump group dedicated to “shitposting” and circulating internet memes maligning Hillary Clinton.

Oculus founder Palmer Luckey financially backed a pro-Trump political organization called Nimble America, a self-described “social welfare 501(c)4 non-profit” in support of the Republican nominee.

Luckey sold his virtual reality company Oculus to Facebook for $2 billion in 2014, and Forbes estimates his current net worth to be $700 million. …

Nimble America says it’s dedicated to proving that “shitposting is powerful and meme magic is real,” according to the company’s introductory statement, and has taken credit for a billboard its founders say was posted outside of Pittsburgh with a cartoonishly large image of Clinton’s face alongside the words “Too Big to Jail.”

“We conquered Reddit and drive narrative on social media, conquered the [mainstream media], now it’s time to get our most delicious memes in front of Americans whether they like it or not,” a representative for the group wrote in an introductory post on Reddit.

There’s a weird and elaborate Reddit backstory to all this, featuring bitter infighting, accusations of con-artistry, and even a cameo from Milo Yiannopoulos, all of which I’m too lazy to summarize, so you’ll have to read about it over on The Daily Beast.

H/T — TZer0

JSun
JSun

brain explodes

What…?

I mean I’m not surprised. Luckey has a minor history of being a complete d-bag towards people who are poorer than him. But just…
I can’t even comprehend this.

JSun
JSun

“I’ve got plenty of money,” Luckey added. “Money is not my issue.”

Hey guys, I think I found Trumps missing parrot software…

Bina

Welp, I know one VR headset I won’t be buying…even on the off chance that I ever buy one.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Funniest joke:

Palmer Luckey somehow found a way to make the phrase “PC Master Race” even more uncomfortable
-@SFtheWolf

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

That’s not how shitposting works, Grandpa.

Wait, this dork is 24? And he’s this awkward?

Ooglyboggles

Not like I needed another reason to not buy a VR headset. How far can one be up his own ass? Apparently so much it bends around like a Mobius strip.

Kat
Kat

Just remember, gamers: Donald is the Boss who will not go away on shutdown.

Moggie
Moggie

He should start a company with Notch. They’re made for each other.

An idle thought: if Trump wins, what will the eventual Trump Presidential Library contain?

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@Moggie

Copies of The Art of the Deal, of course.

JSun
JSun

Nude paintings of himself, with the proportions wildly unrealistic.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Moggie
Impossible to tell. Stuff would be rotated in and out depending on what he’s decided last week that he’s always liked or disliked. I do imagine Bannon or someone else might sneak Mein Kampf in there. It’ll get found at some point, and he’ll look at the reporter smugly and ask if they’re triggered

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Okay, I’m just gonna say this, but, like, David put in the article that Oculus was sold to Facebook back in 2014. WHoever this clown is doesn’t own it anymore. He gets no money. You don’t need to boycott shit because they literally do not own nor get a penny from the sales of Oculus as of 2014 because they no longer own it. It’s like not buying H.P. Lovecraft books because he was an anti-semitic and you don’t want him to have any of the money…even though he’s decades long dead.

Calm down.

But, about the actual topic of the post…

What the fuck. This is…this is fucking…I don’t even…I just…that’s the most stupidest thing I have ever seen.

They fucking made a company to put fucking Trump hair on Pepe the Frog.

What ARE they, for fucking real?

God, please, I hope a majority of those billions they got went into this company and it sinks because there’s nothing I would love more than to hear this douche fuck went bankrupt from this fucking stupid idea.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

I hope the artist of Pepe the frog sues them for copyright infringement.

Schnookums Von Fancypants, Social Justice Wario
Schnookums Von Fancypants, Social Justice Wario

Nude paintings of himself, with the proportions wildly unrealistic.

So in other words, very large and manly…..hands?

Monster-Teeth
Monster-Teeth

These wastes of skin are throwing God knows how much money towards idiotic memes. Imagine how that money could have genuinely helped people.

..,People are bastards.

MarkyMark

Hello Ladies. Missed U. Hope U missed me 2. Here to share my ever increasing wisdom on gender issues – to wit:

Trump must be stopped at all costs. He’s a gynocentrist (conservative), which isn’t nearly as bad as a hyper gynocentrist (feminist/progressive). Only Hillary, an over the top hyper gynocentrist, can continue to inspire and forward the MGTOW mindset – most notably through feminism’s inherently and ever increasing ridiculous hypocrisy and double standards.

Hope she lives long enough to accept her place as the first female feminist president – and I mean that. The alt-reich is just another status-quo force set upon us to return men and women to a patriarchal society, which is obviously bad for both men and women. Hillary, on the other hand, represents a mountain of new material with which to free both men and women from relationship bond[age].

Great new video you should all see. Always remember – MGTOW helps women, too. Enjoi:

Dreadnought
Dreadnought

Yay ethics!

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

comment image

(I got to do it this time.)

xthetenth
xthetenth

Wow, I didn’t realize that coherent thought was the matriarchy. Good to know.

Monzach
Monzach

Hello there Mark. How’s the Funky Bunch doing? Hope you don’t mind, but I’ll be putting you on my ignore list now. Just thought you should know. ^_^

@Handsome “Punkle Stan” Jack

Wait! You mean that all these years I’ve been buying works by authors and artists long dead and they won’t reap the benefits of my patronage!? 🙁 Thanks, Obama!

(Please note, the above may contain traces of sarcasm.)

As for Mr. Palmer Luckey (that’s pretty close to being an Awesome McCoolName!) I have to wonder how exactly the young gentleman has managed to lose over half of his 2 billion dollars in around two years. Bad investments I guess. Still, he’s young, so he’ll probably get at least better with money, if not actually wiser. Then again, he may end up as a future Republican candidate for president…

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

comment image

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Mark,

Can’t you try something new? We’ve all seen that post before. Branch out. Live a little.

PaganReader

No, Mark, we did not miss you.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Mark,

You made it abundantly clear in our last conversation that you’re here to poke us into reacting for your own amusement. It’s far from the erudite investigation that you made it out to be – it’s selfish and rude and, in a Kantian sense, immoral. Dressing it up with your increasingly convoluted diatribes does nothing more than to make you look desperate and miserable.

comment image

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

Oh Mark, never change no matter what anyone says!

Seriously, it cuts down on how much I have to read to get up to date in the comments here.

MarkyMark

“Want to have an actual discussion? Drop the façade and engage honestly. You’ll receive nothing but well-deserved mockery otherwise.”

Well, I secretly enjoy the mockery and know well I wasn’t missed. I enjoy your challenges. Just threw that in there as a conversation starter. Mock me full bore. I’m one of feminism’s most gracious – albeit controversial – supporters. While most of humanity sees feminism as a closet threat to be overcome – I embrace it – fully. I’m here for you. Help me help you. Feminism has nothing but benefits for men. Feminism is the primary driver to the end of male disposability and marriage – that outdated, institutionalized slavery of men to women and patriarchal opression. I could not be more behind your movement.

Men cannot thank feminists enough for releasing them from the burdens of creating everything you see when you drive down the road. Seriously – have you ever driven down a road that wasn’t paved by a low wage male immigrant or a skyscraper created by an undocumented male worker? My purpose here isn’t in seeking the end of feminism. I want to expand feminism beyond its wildest dreams.

Help me help you. How might I be of service to feminism’s goal of true equality?

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

@MarkyMark
I shall leave at once!
As soon as I send this post…
I mean it this time!

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I secretly enjoy the mockery

It’s not a secret.

numerobis
numerobis

That’s not typically how it works. When you sell a company, the new owner normally keeps the former team intact, applying golden handcuffs on the former team to keep them working. Those tend to run 2 years. And even then you walk off with shares in the new owner.

(Note: I’ve only done this in my dreams, but I know many who have actually done it.)

“@MarkyMark
I shall leave at once!
As soon as I send this post…
I mean it this time!”

Don’t leave me, OoglyBoggles. We have much to share and discuss. If you leave me now, it’ll take away the biggest part of me. Baby, please don’t go. I just want you to stay. We cannot let what we have slip away.

MarkyMark

“You could start by being more entertaining and varying your schtick. It’ll keep morale up so we’re bright eyed, bushy tailed, and ready to commit new misandries.”

But I provided a video – which by the way contained a very sexy, slightly rebellious, bad boyish, dreamy Australian male voice. That alone should leave most of you toying with your goods. As stated earlier – I’m on your side. I’m here to provide for you.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ numberobis

You got me curious about the Oculus deal so I’m reading through some of the financial journals. I’ve now been distracted though by finding out that the mark up on an Xbox is $28 and on PS4 $19 and that’s before you even put them in the packaging and ship them. Wow.

The manufacturers do get 12% of the sale price of third party games though and that’s where they make their money.

I’m sure it’s all very ethical.

Troubelle
Troubelle

@MarkyMark

Perhaps you could try an alternate activity. Take a walk around your community and see if there’s somewhere you’ve never been before–a little park to visit, a family-owned bistro, or just a really nice tree.
Or you could go to your local grocery store and look for something you’ve never tried before in the produce section, like starfruit, dragonfruit/pitaya, or a mango.
Draw something.
Go to the library and check out a book. Read it.
Combine 2 and 4: get a recipe book and make something from it. Eat it.

Listen to the sounds of life outside.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Do you think a 22 year old who, as a 24 year old, is worth only $700 million dollars after selling their product for $2 billion and running an anti-Hillary meme company would have the foresight to do that?

I bet he took the first offer Facebook gave him.

OoglyBoggles

K. Here goes:

dlouwe
dlouwe

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

@MarkyMark
Make your own damn song.
Using other artist’s songs
To court is half assed.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Mark,

As for this?

Every god damn day. I used to work in the oilfield before I changed careers. Also, note – the world is more than the USA.

Honesty, Mark. Try it.

MarkyMark

“Listen to the sounds of life outside.”

The sounds of life outside sound like male disposability and cultural misandry. That should bother you more than me – if for no other reason – simply because he’s coming out of your vagina – not necessarily for good reasons.

Troubelle
Troubelle

@MarkyMark

he’s coming out of your vagina

….
Who is “he,” and how do you know whether or not I have a vagina?

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Marsha Marsha Marsha

1)I’ve never driven down a skyscraper, period
2)What road or skyscraper was built by 1 illegal alien. A team, surely. Dozens, hundreds even. 1 guy? And the Republicans say immigrants are lazy…

MarkyMark

“I said honestly. You keep talking about how much you like feminism, but you don’t, you hate it – you think it’s ridiculous and hypocritical, in your own words. Enough of your mealy-mouthed, poison-laced, sycophantic gibbering. You hate it, and you encourage it only because you think it makes its own destruction more likely. Stop being such a two-faced snake and say things honestly.”

I actually do love feminism. MGTOW is all about true equality. Feminism is about true equality. Why you see me in such hateful terms I do not know. Feminism will bring and end to war and social disparity. I do not get your hate. Feminism, with all its baggage, is the way forward – though it doesn’t yet know it.

MarkyMark

“Who is “he,” and how do you know whether or not I have a vagina?
You make very little sense, and apparently haven’t listened to a particular Pendulum song.”

You’re absolutely right. I do assume everyone here has a vagina – or aspires to have one. I’m a changed man thanks to your comment. Forgive my assumptions, please. One must constantly be on the lookout for chicks with penises.

Troubelle
Troubelle

@Mark, Mark, Mark….

You flip and flop about opinion-wise more than a Magikarp (or alternately a Feebas) does on the floor, with no shot at evolution.

You’re still slightly amusing. Do not make me retract that.

Schnookums Von Fancypants, Social Justice Wario
Schnookums Von Fancypants, Social Justice Wario

I think we’ve reached peak enjoyment from Marky at this point. Sadly, amusement from trolls is not a renewable resource.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Jesus, Mark is so boring. There’s just nothing to care about in his posts.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

OK I won’t bore you with the details of the sale to Facebook or even his actual net worth because I’ve found something that you might find more interesting.

It actually is about ethics in gaming.

People are up in arms because Oculus was created through crowd funding. He actually got ten times more than he asked for (about $1.6m in the end). And it is fair to say he gave his investors everything he promised. That varied from a certificate up to an actual pair of the goggles (if you put in $500 or more).

And as we know he then immediately sold the company for $2 billion.

The general mood of his backers could be fairly described as annoyed, but more accurately described as furious.

Weird that someone so ethical would now stoop to supportng Trump. What could have corrupted such a fine upstanding young man?

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

One must constantly be on the lookout for chicks with penises.

Why would you even need to be on the lookout when you have no chance in the first place, bucko?

comment image