alt-right antifeminism entitled babies homophobia milo misogyny pig-biting mad straw feminists

Watch mad clown Milo melt down during his Out Magazine photoshoot

Mad Milo mansplains feminism to Amanda Marcotte, in drag
Mad Milo mansplains feminism to Amanda Marcotte, in drag.

One of the many strange things about Breitbart’s alleged “tech editor” Milo Yiannopoulos is how much he cares about convincing people he doesn’t care.

The self-described “provocateur” even dressed up as a literal clown for his recent profile in Out Magazine.

You’ve no doubt heard about the Out piece already; it’s been a teensy bit controversial. But what you probably didn’t know is that Salon sent a camera crew to his photoshoot with photographer Jill Greenberg. And that along with the camera crew they sent writer (and friend of We Hunted the Mammoth) Amanda Marcotte.

“Perhaps I got a bit caught up in his self-mythologizing,” she writes in her account of what followed, “which is why I thought he would have some fun answering provocative questions while he was getting his picture taken.”

Turns out Milo did not have much fun with her questions:

I never did get good answers to my questions, though I did learn that Yiannopoulos likes to reduce feminism to “angry lesbians” supposedly tricking naive young women into getting too fat to get boyfriends.

But I did learn one important fact: Milo Yiannopoulos is not playing around. He is utterly sincere about his far right views.

He is sincere enough that he lectured me for about 15 minutes, and got so caught up in the moment that he seemingly forgot that he was half-naked while wearing a wig and make-up. He was sincere enough to get genuinely wound up during this time.

Ultimately, he was having so little fun with her questions that he — perhaps channeling his idol Donald Trump — threw a fit and demanded she leave the premises.

He was so sincere that, when the Salon team shut off the cameras in order to move into another vantage point, he demanded that I leave the room, refused to answer any more questions, and called me a “bitch.”

The best part of all this? You can watch some of these testy exchanges on video over on Salon. There are two different versions of the video posted there; the one at the top has more Milo in it.

Turns out Milo is not so much a sad clown as a mad clown.

@Axecalibur,

Nothing personal, but I have noticed that you come across as a very annoying policeman on this forum.

I think that most of your posts are bullshit.

I stand by my opinion, you have yours.

Have a nice day, bye bye…

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

One thing I’ve learned from my POC friends – white gay men who are attracted to GMOC are just as likely to be racist garbage people as the white gay men who are NOT so attracted.

Milo Yiannopolous certainly demonstrates this.

@Hambeast

I don’t talk about gay man in particular. I don’t believe that gay men want to be women.

I also don’t believe that misogynyst men want to be women.

But I believe that there is a correlation between very misogynyst feminine men and the desire to be a woman.

(((Hambeast))) Now With Extra Parentheses

Hey, Kafka! What about my very polite and not at all police-like response to your post? Are you one of those commenters who only respond to men?

Sarah
Sarah

And the gay community doesn’t care for the far right, either, because you’d have to be a total masochist to love those who would literally beat your brains out if they thought they could get away with it. Both groups are gonna turn on him, if they haven’t already.

Milo actually already has whined about the pushback he’s had from the gay community, claiming that as a gay male he’s “not allowed” to be a right-winger.

(((Hambeast))) Now With Extra Parentheses

Oops! Kafka, your response got crossed with my second one. Apologies.

Okay. I don’t get what the difference is here. What’s the correlation?

PocketNerd
PocketNerd
Reply to  Richard Roller

Thus Spake ZaraRichard Roller:

Who put you in charge of what gay men are allowed to say?

I’m for equality for ALL not just people who tow the line on specific political/economic positions.

I am myself a gay Black man. I don’t agree with everything Milo Yiannopoulos says but I’m glad somebody is willing to argue with Twitter callout culture and stick pins in overinflated egos. Gay culture needs MORE of that not less.

Oh boy, THIS argument again.

I’m not “in charge” of what gay men “are allowed to say.” I didn’t say Out shouldn’t be “allowed” to run an article publically ego-massaging Milo, playing up his dubious political influence and airbrushing away his harmful behavior. (“Allowed” by whom, anyway? Do you think I have an Opinion Suppression Cyberninja Squad on speed-dial?) Nobody is demanding Milo “toe the line” on any political position.

What I did was [b]criticize[/b] Out Magazine running an uncritical puff piece, which is a bad idea because Milo has previously shown himself to be racist, misogynist, and transphobic — his entire career is built on cuddling up to the alt-right’s ugly beliefs. I [b]criticized[/b] it as part of a larger trend in which allegedly pro-LGBT organizations only really care about the G, and are happy to throw the L, B, and [i]especially[/i] the T under the bus. I said it was a bad idea and Out should have thought better of it. I’m allowed to be [b]critical[/b] of the actions and opinions of others.

As you put it: It’s called free speech, bro.

@Hambeast,

Could you be more specific, the difference between what?

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Richard Roller, sweetie, if an LGBT publication prints an article denigrating LGBT people, what would you call it?

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@WWTH

Yeah, Kafka is lucky there’s a real troll and potential sock puppet taking the heat off them.

“This dude just bailed you out”
-comedian Steve Hofstetter to a heckler when a worse heckler says some shit

@Kafka

That is exactly personal. You’re making an assessment of my actions and character. That’s what personal means
Quick question, is my policing annoying or me in general. Your statement was a bit ambiguous

I think that most of your posts are bullshit

Cmon, most!? A third tops…

I stand by my opinion, you have yours

I wasn’t expecting you to change your mind, let alone based on what i said. And, other than ‘this sounds like nonsense’, I didn’t put forward an opinion

Have a nice day, bye bye

Aight, I guess…

BTW: this is the person what said that ladies being misogynist is totes worse than when guys do it. Also that slaves are plenty to blame for maintaining their enslavement. I report, you decide…

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Kafka, while I understand your sentiments, you’re also throwing a whole lot of good people under the bus there. You’re saying “gay men who want to be women all have complexes and hate women!” This stomps all over people who are trans, and people who have legitimate psychological issues (and, shock of shocks, aren’t raging misogynists).

Milo’s a jerk, and you don’t need more than that. Hypothesizing about “effeminate gay men” and how they secretly want to be women and are raging misogynists is unbased, unfounded, and hurtful to a lot of good people.

And Axe might get pretty passionate and defensive sometimes, but he doesn’t throw entire demographics under the bus intentionally like that.

Just, think about it, okay? No hard feels. Give it some thought and time.

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

@RichardRoller
You defend a man
Who violates twitter’s laws
With distilled hate speech.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Richard Roller

You smell like Mick Dash.

Pocket Nerd said it (in a post that’s migrating to the bottom of the page). Criticism ain’t silencing. And there’s lots about Milo to criticize. Or should we just shut up and close our eyes when we see something that we think’s wrong? Tell me how much goodness that tactic has won in the past.

PocketNerd
PocketNerd

Thus Spake Zarafeartheminotaur:

Richard Roller – AKA ‘Rick Roller’

Oh gods. How did I not see that? Now I feel stupid for taking him seriously enough to respond.

Garen Truscott
Garen Truscott

Milo should bear in mind the story of Ernst Röhm. Except Mr Röhm was no clown. You may or may not be kidding. But the people you support are not.

PocketNerd
PocketNerd

Also, apparently I can’t remember the difference between BBcode tags and HTML tags. Sorry!

Steampunked
Steampunked

Shades of the women in the MGTOW scene. An excellent shield until the crickets start up and there’s no one else around to turn on…

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

feartheminotaur | September 22, 2016 at 4:31 pm
*Because, you know, all opinions are totally valid.

**Unless you’re disagreeing with mine or an opinion I agree with. Then you don’t count, especially if you’re not a cishet white dude, but if you are, then you’re a beta mangina cuck.

You forgot something. ;3

Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy
Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy

@Richard Roller

That’s all you’ve got? You let us down. And now it seems you gave us up.

.@Scildfreja

You’re saying “gay men who want to be women all have complexes and hate women!”

I am sorry but I have never said that.

I have said that I believe (my personal opinion) that feminine misogynist men have a desire to be women. They haven’t been born female, and this is why they take their frustrations out on the female sex, by degarding /labeling women as biologicaly inferior (again, my personal opinion, based on encounters with such men)…

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ pocketnerd

Oh gods. How did I not see that?

Don’t worry, I’ve only just clicked that ‘Mick Dash’ in Scildfreja’s post is that guy who was posting before and not that horse.

(((Hambeast))) Now With Extra Parentheses

Kafka – Okay, “what’s the difference?” is the wrong question, forget that. You said these two things:

Somebody should dig deeper into this (with somebody I mean professionals) because there is clearly a link between effeminate misogynyst men and the desire to be women.

Why do you think there’s a link here? What would the correlation be?

It just seems that you think that Milo wants to be a woman and I disagree.

I think he enjoys (for whatever reason, my thoughts on this are spurious at this point) feminine lifestyle trappings. I don’t think this means he wants to be a woman. He enjoys his male privilege too much to give it up and besides, he doesn’t have to because he can be an “effeminate gay man” if he wants that. Which is what he is doing.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Misogyny benefits men. Men are perfectly capable of being misogynists on that basis alone. It is bizarre to suggest that a given man, because of his sexual orientation and presentation, is a misogynist because he is actually a trans woman in denial/in the closet. More, given the prejudices against trans women, as well as gay men in general and “effeminate” gay men in particular, I actually think it’s dangerous and harmful.

Edit: Fixed ambiguous wording

feartheminotaur
feartheminotaur

@PI

I always forget that one! Can’t we just go back to the Right’s generic motto of “Free Speech = Free to agree with me”? I mean, why abandon a classic?!

I swear, these Dolt-Right kids these days.

(((Hambeast))) Now With Extra Parentheses

Kafka – Viscaria said it much better than I did.

@Humbeast

I agree with you to a certain degree (you can be very feminine as a man but you don’t have to desire to be a woman).

On the other side, I believe that this only applies if you’re comfortable with yourself. If extreme misogyny is involved, it means that you (misogynist feminine men) percieve women as a threat to your own feminine integrity, as one type of femininity is socially seen as “real” the (female) and the other as fake (feminine men), and I believe that complexes can arise there that turn into misogyny.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@KafkaNoMore, you’re right, you didn’t speak in a universal, you were talking about your thoughts about a subset. I’m sorry I suggested otherwise.

(This said, I really don’t think it’s useful or helpful to talk about “effeminate gay men who want to be women.” (((Hambeast))) is being more articulate than me right now, so I’ll leave it to you two for that)

(((Hambeast))) Now With Extra Parentheses

PocketNerd seems to be getting pushed to the end of the comment thread. I think there may be other comment order issues, but I’m not sure.

Kafka – If that were the case, then why does Milo display so much fat woman hate? Surely us hambeasties are no threat to his feminine integrity?

@Viscaria

I don’t talk about gay men, trans-women and effeminate gay men. I also don’t want to come of as prejudicial.

I talk about effeminate gay men that are misogynists. I believe that they view women as a threat to their own femininity, therefore they have to slander it.

But I agree to a small extent with you, that men are perfectly capable of being misogynists on that basis alone.

Schnookums Von Fancypants, Social Justice Wario
Schnookums Von Fancypants, Social Justice Wario

I have said that I believe (my personal opinion) that feminine misogynist men have a desire to be women..

Except…that isn’t an opinion. It’s a statement of fact. It could be a correct or incorrect statement of fact, but it’s not”I think Zamphir, Master of the Pan Flute is more enjoyable than The Genitorturers.” is an opinion. Unless I state that I was lying, you can’t really tell me that I’m correct or incorrect, only that I have a differing opinion.

But putting “I believe” in front of “feminine misogynist men have a desire to be women.” doesn’t make it an opinion. Now, you’d have to further flesh out the statement , but it’s something that can be tested in some fashion, independent on if you believe it or not.

This isn’t intended to just be some grammar policing on my part. See, statements of fact have to be backed up. They can be shown to be true or false (I am generalizing quite a bit, I do understand, for the sake of my larger point.) Opinions, on the other hand, don’t need to be defended. The convention is that “Everyone is entitled to your own opinion.”

Now, if you were to say “My experience with feminine misogynist men have shown them to desire being a women.” now that’s different. Of course, someone might ask “How many such experiences have you had.” or bring up the whole anecdote =/= Data thing. But at least it wouldn’t be incorrectly trying to pass off a statement of fact as an opinion.

@Humbeast

It could be (my personal armchair parapsychological view :-)) that fat women still have vaginas and can bear their own children, he can’t. And many men will prefer a fat women over Milo for that reason alone.

So he loses not just to women, but to fat women as well…

@Schnookums

We will have to disagree what a statement of fact is and what an opinion is. I have stated many times that this is my personal theory, that this is what I believe , from some experience that I have with such men).

And nothing has been represented here that could make me think different (which also works vice versa), others here can say that they don’t agree with my arguments…which is perfectly ok as well…

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Scildfreja

And Axe might get pretty passionate and defensive sometimes

*a tad embarrassed* Yeah…

@Viscaria + Schnookums
Perfectly put

@Kafka

my personal opinion

Anyone got that Assfax University diploma?

I also don’t want to come of as prejudicial

Too late

So he loses not just to women, but to fat women as well

The implication being that “fat women” and “women” are separate categories. Imma just assume you didn’t mean it that way, but like… Come on, now…

(((Hambeast))) Now With Extra Parentheses

KafkaNoMore – I seem to have become Humbeast. If it’s because you feel disrespected that I’ve abbreviated your nym, I apologize. I’m a lazy bones as well as an actual hambeast! (Now, there’s a correlation I can work out)

It could be (my personal armchair parapsychological view :-))

Well, there’s your problem!

See, we don’t do that here; neither in the earthly realm nor in the afterlife. It’s in the comments policy and everything. I kind of thought that was where this was going, but I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt until I was sure.

feartheminotaur
feartheminotaur

@ Pocket Nerd

Well, it appears the Internet Gods* appear to be punishing you by pushing all your comments to the bottom.

*Note: May be actual science and not the work of quasi-magical, possibly-imagined, religious entities as it appears to my untrained eye.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

I think the feminine gay men, like Milo, just want it all. They appropriate ‘women’s stuff’ because they are greedy. They want attention and wearing sparkly stuff and doing their nails gets it for them. They are just jealous because their right wing Biblical Gender roles society says they can’t have it, they can play with guns and train sets while their sisters play with Barbie and plait each other’s hair. They don’t realise these binary gender roles do not actually exist, except to their Patriarchalist cults.

KafkaNoMore

@Hambeast, it is late at night here where I am, so I apologize for that name misspelling

No, you have misunderstood. Just your question about fat women and how it relates to integrity threat is my personal armchair parapshychological view) as this to some extent contradicts the previous posts…

– since you apply that fat women can’t be feminine (that’s what I get from your writing) – I don’t agree with that

@Axecalibur don’t troll me.

It is not hard to understand that in the post above (but to fat women as well) I talk from Milo’s point of view, as he dislikes fat women more than thin ones. So he doesn’t just lose to women that he hates, but also to women that he hates even more. It can’t be hard to comprehend that.

And now bye bye. Troll others here

Nequam
Nequam

Aside to PocketNerd: tags use angle brackets here.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

And there are also quite a lot of chubby gay guys. Bears, Milo…know any? I do. And they’re not enamored of you or your fascist “beauty” standard (which you yourself don’t exactly meet, either, since you’re too old to be a proper twink anymore).

Okay, I don’t really condone negative comments on appearance or age but
comment image

As this is being said, Milo comes across as a very effeminate (feminine gay man). His biggest problem in life is that he isn’t a woman. This is the reason he hates women so much.

comment image

comment image

No, also.

@Virgin Mary

That’s also an interesting theory. But why do you think that they appropriate the women’s stuff because they are greedy, instead of that he truly indentifies with it?

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

This is some massive anti-trans rhetoric here. How is everyone talking to this troll as if all these words deserve to be taken seriously?

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

THANK YOU.

CPphazor
CPphazor

Could…. could Milo be about to fall apart by the seams? Could he really, genuinely, believe tge thing about evil lesbians and there not being a female orgasm?

This irony could sustain me for weeks

@Humbeast

I must correct myself. I don’t claim (copyright) to that parapsycholocical analysis. Nor to anything that I have said.

I very losely base it on Brutal: Manhood and the Exploitation by Brian Luke

@Policy

Only if you apply that all trans people are misogynists. (Which is nowhere to be true)

I never claimed (nor do I think) that feminine men want to be women.

I talk about feminine misogynists. I have come to believe this from personal encounters with such men. And over some literature I’ve been reading. I haven’t been mentioning the literature before, as my opinion is only losely based on that. But if you are interested, I have writen the name of the book in the post above.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Really enjoying this A+ discussion about all the ways that femme-y gay men are bad and greedy and not real men u guise.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Next: what’s up with lesbians and those comfortable shoes? Also, bi women: liars, or really slutty liars?

@Viscaria

Since you’re partially referring to my post. Not femmy gay men, but femmy misogynists.

Most (the wast majority od femmy gay men are amazing, allies to women)

Ktoryx
Ktoryx

Honestly, I kind of go by Laurie Penny’s take on the whole Yiannopoulis trainwreck. I don’t think he believes in much besides stroking his ego and feeding his desperate need for attention. I think he doesn’t like himself very much, and his reaction is to pander to the frothing hordes of online trolls that tell him they admire him, because their admiration is a substitute for a healthy self-image and self esteem. I think he maybe kind of believes some of it, but any sincere beliefs he may have are utterly dwarfed by his need for attention. I think his obsession with his own internet pseudo-fame has utterly dwarfed any beliefs he might have sincerely held.

Did you ever see that interview he did a few years back with David Mitchell and Boy George? He talks about being gay with such self-loathing and misery. I mean, I know he’s an odious little man, but unlike Roosh V or Davis Aurini or any of the other alt-right prickbags, I never feel much anger towards Yiannopoulis. Every episode or outburst he has I just think… wow… you’re a really sad little man.

dlouwe
dlouwe

@KafkaNoMore

Are you trying to say that misogynist feminine gay men wish they were cis women? The words you are using don’t really make sense from a trans-inclusive POV.

Edit: Reworded to be less awkward.