mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW reddit vaginas

MGTOW: Keep women out of combat because they’re easily captured while on their periods

Women having their periods are easy to locate due to white shorts, big smiles
Women having their periods are easy to locate due to white shorts, big smiles

If a recent conversation on the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit is any indication, MGTOWs remain baffled by and terrified of the human vagina.

In the midst of one of that subreddit’s typically dreadful discussions, the subject of women in the military comes up. One Reddit MGTOW lets it be known that he “f**king hope[s] women get drafted some day.”

One of his comrades steps in to MGTOWsplain just why he thinks that would be a bad, bad thing:
Some_one498 1 point 13 hours ago I hope they don't. Women would just get in the way which would cause more casualties. A woman wouldn't be able to carry a dying member away from danger. Depending on where they are their monthly cycles would cause the enemy to be able to catch them easier. So many reasons for women not to be in combat roles. It just doesn't make sense

So … how would that work, exactly?

Either Some_one498 thinks that

1. Our enemies have secret squads of vagina-sniffing dogs that can detect the scent of menstrual blood from miles away, or
  2. Women are so incapacitated by the monthly visit from Aunt Flo that they’ll just lie there and let enemy soldiers capture them

I made Some_one498’s quote into a meme using a still from the Goldie Hawn comedy Private Benjamin, but somehow I don’t think it’s going to catch on.

private-benjamin_phixr

tl;dr: Vaginas are scary!

Steampunked
Steampunked

There was a report about a teenage girl who fell from her horse during some sort of equestrian display (presumably without Rainbow Dash, I AM NOT A HORSE PERSON) and broke her hip. It took them weeks to get her to a doctor because the pain was so much easier than cramp pain for her that she didn’t realise she’d shattered her pelvis. I fractured my pelvis once – just a hairline fracture, not a bad break – and can contend it hurt less than cramps do for me.

Buuuut people are different. That’s the thing. And almost all dudes have delicate external genitalia which is easily damaged, and that does seem to be a weakness in physical combat.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

….You mean we’re not supposed to eat the box *and* the ice cream? (shoves cardboard pieces with bite marks behind her)

Now where am I going to get my daily recommended fiber?! 😉

Viscaria
Viscaria

If being on your period can attract bears, how do any women manage to live in Canada without there being an increase in news reports of women on their periods being chased by bears?

It’s so commonplace round here for women to be chased by bears that we don’t even bother to report on it anymore. *Nods convincingly*

To be clear, though, I was actually making an Anchorman reference with the whole bears thing. I have no idea if it’s actually true or not XD.

Aunt Podger
Aunt Podger

As to “could never carry a dying [comrade],” I recall when I used to work in a pet store and transferred branches. At my last place, we’d done all the stocking ourselves and tended to try to out-macho each other, so yes, I had darn near killed myself (and what’s worse, wrinkled the bags) trying to look nonchalant carrying four eighty-pound bags of dog food at once. At the new place, they had a kid who did all the stocking. I offered to help him, and he demurred, saying he wouldn’t feel right about “letting” a woman help.

I grabbed him by the calves and put him and the dog food he was carrying on the top shelf. I can still pass the “100 perfect-form push-ups” test, even after twenty years and a very long and energy-draining illness. I kind of want to get back into weight lifting, just to tell the 1980’s edition of the A D & D Player’s Handbook, which states that it’s physically impossible for a female human to overhead-press more than 190 lbs. (I used to room with a little old lady minister who was batshit crazy and had all sorts of health problems but had once pressed 175 pounds, which I swear was twice her weight, in competition), to go fuck itself.

But sure, cramps can be a problem. Anything can be a problem, if you let it.

Aunt Podger
Aunt Podger

@Ms. Exception to the Rule

Ice cream is the dessert course, box is the savouries course. You may want to brush up on your Judith Martin, dear.

And Axecalibur Danger McGraciouspants, I don’t think it’s “what about the menz” if someone actually invites you to compare. I have actually gotten whacked in the ovary with an errant ultrasound probe once. I hear the eye-crossing pain/nausea is probably comparable to getting kicking in the testes, and frankly, I think cismen are very, very brave indeed to ever venture a single inch without a cup.

These Jinkies are Zoinked
These Jinkies are Zoinked

Oh for fuck’s sake, do you people have no dignity whatsoever? Where do you get off talking about something as odious and distasteful as your periods? Does it ever occur to you that the reason that nobody wants to hear about your fucking periods is not because they hate you and want to oppress you, but because your periods, however “natural” they may be, are nauseating? What is it with feminists thinking that people asking women to exhibit basic decency is some kind of systemic oppression? I have Crohn’s disease, and you don’t hear me walking around blathering about all that I go through. Do you know why? Because it’s fucking disgusting to most people, and as a person whose parents have succeeded in instilling basic modesty into them, I know better than to walk around and air my grievances in detail. I don’t care if you think you have the right to discuss your magical tomato soup disasters, what you don’t have a right to is an audience that doesn’t find you repellant and unprincipled for talking about something so personal in public. Quit acting like you’re oppressed because people expect basic decency from you, you ketchup-spewing heathens.

Banananana dakry
Banananana dakry

@Aunt Podger

*eyes cross in horror* Holy shit, my knees and spine just committed suicide when I read that. I’m lucky if I can do forty pounds for any length. I mean, I’m a fatass with bad knees, but still. holy shiiiiit. *boggle*

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

There are bears and then there are “bears”. I very much doubt that women have need to be concerned about being chased by “bears”. (wink) They’ve always been rather friendly and fun when I’ve encountered them, usually they gather in large groups, wear leathers, many ride motorcycles….:P

Bears, on the other hand…I’ve only had near-encounters with those…once was in my teens on a family vacation at Twin Lakes, California when some guy staying at a nearby cabin had gone to sleep on the deck/porch in a sleeping bag with a cooler full of food and another one with beer and whatever so when a hungry bear woke him up we got to see naked drunk man running by our cabins. The other time was when I was just a kid we were camping in less comfortable surroundings than a cabin (my mom decided we should set up the sleeping bags in the van) and our food was left outside in coolers….bear comes and eats it all so our trip was cut very short. My mom insisted on a proper cabin-type shelter if my dad wanted us all to go camping again after that trip. I may have been on my period for the naked-dude-runs-from-bear vacation, I think I was just glad it wouldn’t be around to ruin the week of summer camp without my family that I had to be on a bus for with everyone else less than 24 hours after getting back from the family trip – my mom was nice enough to do the marathon laundry session so I had stuff to pack and a chance to sleep.

From the research and anecdotal bits, bears are definitely always hungry and will chase people (not sure if they’re more about chasing the naked ones or if it’s just people in general, will have to investigate further.) to do….something with them if they catch a human?

@Aunt Podger

I eat dessert first because I’m a heathen who doesn’t want to bother with a bowl. 😉

Aunt Podger
Aunt Podger

I was trying to impress my crush, and yes, had that cart been .75 meters farther away, that would have been more literal than anyone intended. “Here lies Aunt Podger, d. age 25 of ironic pun, surprising no-one who knew her.”

Nothing wrong with cuddly clunes, Ms. Dakry, nor with knowing the limits of your body.

@Ms. EttR, the savouries course comes directly after the dessert course. As a heathen, you are obviously by instinct more “civilized” than most Christians.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Auntie

batshit crazy

Please don’t. We’re all cool, but it’s against the rules 🙂

McGraciouspants

*shy smile*

Suppose not. Still wouldn’t know how to, so it’s pretty moot anyway. I mean, I don’t bleed from my junk a few days a month for 40 odd years, and I’ll never expell a 9lb hunk of flesh and bone. If I had to compare, my intuition points me in that direction

Never been kicked in the nuts. Punched, but never kicked. Personally, getting punched in the tummy is worse. ‘Can’t breathe, gonna die’ is far less fun than ‘my groin is gonna hurt for a bit’. Used to have a thing where dull pain would course thru my danglebag whenever I moved too suddenly. Would suddenly flare up every now and again, then magically go away. It cleared up, but that was worse than any single shot

Aunt Podger
Aunt Podger

Oh! Yes, that is a good rule. Some people do tend to say it like it’s a bad thing. I apologize. Can my comment be deleted?

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@Viscaria Didn’t you know? Bears are afraid of Canadian women. 😉

And in ‘Fishy is occasionally contrary’ news, my favourite euphemism for my heaviest flow day is ‘Bleed like a Stuck Pig Day’. :3

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer

‘Bleed like a Stuck Pig Day’

See, I like this one. Stop making it so hard for me to quit with the euphemisms! 😛

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Auntie

Can my comment be deleted?

If you email David, he might. Honestly tho, it’s fine. Worse has been said. You apologized, and we move on
Can’t prove this or anything, but I’d hazard a guess that having problematic posts, their rebuttals, and the subsequent apologies (not all of em get to that stage unfortunately) around probably sends a better message than a completely sanitized comment section. All my fuck ups are public record. Live and learn, ya know? 🙂

ETA: better message to the lurkers, I should say. It did for me

Nikki the Bluth Wannabe
Nikki the Bluth Wannabe

@Axe

No, I’m not 2 preteen boys in a trench coat. Why do you ask? 😀

Oh, so you aren’t Vincent Adultman? Good to know! 😀

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer

@Anyone who’s up for it: I looked up a MGTOW troll’s assertion that Nikola Tesla hated fat people…big (no pun intended, right hand to Katie) mistake! I need brain bleach!

I’m not fat myself (not exactly *skinny* either, but I digress) but the horrible things people said about their fellow human beings whose only “crime” is being larger than normal? It depresses me.

Aunt Podger
Aunt Podger

‘Bleed like a Stuck Pig Day’

Not that you asked, but I privately call mine “Stare at the ceiling and curse things day.” Really. It only actually hurts me about five hours a month, but it somehow makes me feel like I have taken a terrible wrong turn somewhere in my life and cramps would somehow not affect me if I’d gotten my PhD.

Vanir85
Vanir85

For those who haven’t seen, Judgy Bitch now deny White Genocide is a thing… claiming the *real* problem is White *Suicide* – brought on by uppity women having rights ( and by men being dumb enough to let them have rights).

One step forward. Two steps back… sigh. Guess she thinks there’s too much hating on Jews (which, to be fair, there IS) – and not enough hating on women…

(TW; misogyny and general awfulness)

Credit where credit is due, tho. At least JB is capable of reflection and revising her opinions. Even if it is from one bad to another – its shows more mental maturity than what is usual in the misogynist-sphere.

Banananana dakry
Banananana dakry

@Aunt Podger

Oh yes, the things we do when we’re younger that ten years later you look back and go “What the FUCK was twentysomething me thinking?!” I’m pretty sure that your twenties are not complete unless you do at least one risky, downright stupid thing during them.

Regarding my weight, at least it er, seems to be distributed attractively, at least according to my husband. He may of course be biased. I’m fighting a bad case of genetics with weight. I hope some my weight’s muscle at least, because I used to stand for eight hours on my damn feet on concrete at my job. I had to cut that down due to being attacked by shitty knee and ankle genetics when my meniscus tore and my cartilage turned out to be shit from all the standing. And this, kids, is why I try not to overdo it on heavy loads. My knee blowing out was an uh, remarkable enough experience I really don’t want to do it again.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Nikki
Please, Vince is obviously 3 toddlers in a trench coat. Entirely different than a couple of 12 year olds. Which I’m totally not!

Anyway, Bojack’s not my show, but I have seen some of Vince. Priceless 😁

@jorge on page 2
comment image

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Oh, the trolls are out in force

Oh for fuck’s sake, do you people have no dignity whatsoever?

Hiya, I’m Axe! We’ve met, I’m sure

your periods, however “natural” they may be, are nauseating?

Cause for sympathy? Yes. Nauseating? Not really…
Unless you get nauseous on your period, then love and/or hugs

Oh, I’m so sorry. Legit. I hear it’s super rough. If you can manage not to be a complete ass about it, I don’t think any of us would be opposed to you doing a touch of complaining about your illness. We’ve talked about some gnarly stuff before. Of course, that’s assuming you can, in fact, not be a complete ass about it. You’ll forgive me if I doubt that

a person whose parents have succeeded in instilling basic modesty into them

Hiya, I’m Axe! We’ve met, I’m sure

magical tomato soup disasters

It’s soup now? Sounds delectable! 😛

As of this writing, 120 posts from a few dozen unique commenters (not counting trolls). Seems like an audience to me

ketchup-spewing heathens

Who’s adding that to their nym?

ETA: it was Migs the whole time!? I guess he woulda gotten away with it too. If only it weren’t for that darn David
Dave: Ruh roh, eheeheeheehee!

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

You know, for someone who finds all the talk about menstruation going on here repugnant, WHY IS THIS PERSON HERE THEN!??!?!

They totally have the right to GO THE F^*% ELSEWHERE. Nobody is forcing them to read.

Yes, I know they’ve been banned because they’ve been around these here parts before and acted a fool. But really, if the subject material is offensive, why insist on coming back to read it and attempt to insert oneself into the discussion being had!?

ETA: No soup for the Miggy!

These Jinkies are Zoinked
These Jinkies are Zoinked

David Futrelle is not a human; he is in fact a human suit worn over a reptilian suit that is itself worn over a dog-house which houses a dalmatian suit that is presently being worn by a gerbil with a perennially undigested peanut in its stomach.

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer

@Migtoesock:

Oh for fuck’s sake, do you people have no dignity whatsoever?

We do…we just don’t carry your brand. Sorrynotsorry!

a person whose parents have succeeded in instilling basic modesty into them

Pffft…modesty is so overrated! If ya got it, flaunt it! Plus, we’re doing it because we know it bothers you and will scare you off!

@Banananana dakry: Oh I have no doubt at least some of your weight is muscle! Standing around is actually harder than constantly moving in a way. Plus muscle weighs more than fat for the amount of space it takes up (about 2.5 times more).

@Everyone: Regarding the Mammotheers against the Manosphere game, I’m stealing “Ketchup-spewing heathens” and “Magical tomato soup disasters

Regarding the troll: Oh wow! Isn’t it ironic when a *troll* turns out to be the brain-bleach I needed? Katie works in mysterious ways!

ETA: @missexceptiontotherule: I see what you did there (at the end)

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@msexceptiontotherule Didn’t you know? Talking about menstruation is far, far worse than spewing hate and death threats on those resource-stealing-attention-whoring-fatty-slutty-sluts! 😛

*inserts Monty Python French knight here*

And to Miggy: I totally am fine with my friends who have Crohn’s to vent occasionally. And they’re not asses about it! Amazing!

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Going somewhat OT, with apologies, but purely in the spirit of generosity to trolls – let us not forget the importance and usefulness of periods in het or f/f Dracula or BtVS or other vampire fanfic. I’m sure it doesn’t taste just the same, but still – what could possibly be a greater turn-on for a Spike or Harmony or Dru or Angel or Dracula or [name of vampire of your choice] (assuming they were unable or unwilling, for whatever reason, to bite the person concerned)?

Also, you have to laugh – in a thread that includes a number of comments explicitly referring to the usefulness of periods as a pua/mgtow/etc. repellent, two so far are sweetie-pies enough to actually drop in just to wibble “help, help, I’m being repelled” at us 🙂

Have to say that idea about using tampon/pad/cup etc. photos as a response to unsolicited dick pics is pretty neat.

These Jinkies are Zoinked
These Jinkies are Zoinked

You craptastic fool’s gold nuggets of rotten rhinestone buzzard lice pieces of shit. You split legged tomato-paste-sweating monsters of larceny. You acid-vomiting fork-tongued flat-footed fleets of whore and studmongering bitch raptors. You gaggles of hairless marsupial gutter nuns. You snorting rattle-snakes holed-up in a blazing sin wagon of syphilitic degeneracy. Uncooked noodle kraut frog’s bladder donkey-livered piss marinated sheep-skinned gator-willie’d concoction of blasphemy. Undertakers. Orphic lizards.

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer

1000% agreed! I just might do that! Then play stupid when the guy asks “WTF?!”
“Huh, that’s strange…I thought we were doing a creep-out contest”

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ violet

Can I borrow “Magical Tomato Soup Disasters” if I’m ever stuck for a name for a prog rock band?

ETA: Speaking of music, anyone here remember the used tampon as earrings thing in the post punk days? Or was that just a Yorkshire thing?

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer

@Alan: Sure thing!

Penny Psmith
Penny Psmith

(Ignoring troll because his outrage is boooooring)

I’m quite lucky in that I don’t really have PMS; sometimes I get some pelvic cramps the day before the bleeding starts, but they’re not debilitating, it’s a brief pang that’s mostly just annoying for a little while, then it’s gone. Can get some muscle aches the first day or two of the period, maybe feel a little blah, but again, not too bad. No weird mood changes or anything like that, at any of the stages, too.
And it’s like that with the rest of my family, as far as I know – so for some years I assumed that PMS was a myth, a stereotype of “those unpredictable feeeemales” perpetuated by the media. Then I found out I was wrong, and some uterus-havers do suffer quite badly, so felt like a jerk for dismissing it before. Sympathies to fellow uterus-havers who go through monthly pain! May your bon-bons be plentiful and delicious.

Steampunked
Steampunked

Kids in a trenchcoat?
comment image

KIDS IN A TRENCHCOAT
comment image

STEVEN UNIVERSE IS MOSTLY KIDS IN A TRENCHCOAT:
comment image

Wait, what were we discussing again?

I know better than to walk around and air my grievances in detail.

Citation needed.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Now there’s dignity for you.

Better to spew ketchup than hatred. Hatred is far more unclean.

Lea
Lea

Cis men will try to shame people who are not cis men for literaly every aspect of our bodies. There is no way to have a body correctly if you are not a cis man. No matter the body, you will be shamed and told how gross/wrong/dirty/dangerous your body is.
This needs to stop.

I have had alot of pain and nausea with my periods. Being expected to hide the fact you are menstrating so as not to disgust men is such a shitty weight to put on a teenager in pain. But, its the norm for some girls starting at as young as 10. It was so liberating when I stopped letting people make me feel ashamed for getting my period every month.

Society needs better attitudes toward menstration and women’s bodies. It starts with people like us talking openly about our bodies. Mig’s meltdown only reinforces to me how important conversations like this are.

Penny Psmith
Penny Psmith

Is Orphic Lizards a band name, yet? If not, it should be.
(This dude is like a Band Name Generator, seriously, it’s kinda awesome in an awful, meltdown-y way.)

EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

Does anyone else think that Miggy might be really fun in a rap battle? He’s got some good lines. I’m stealing that last insult because it’s hilarious.

On a prior topic, I’ve been kicked in the pink sporran before. It was unpleasant but it wasn’t as bad as I expected: a really bad migraine hurts worse and for longer. I wouldn’t recommend it as a daily occurrence but it’s nothing to dread.

Monzach
Monzach

Well, I have to say that WHTM has the best trolls. They are both dedicated and dadaist, which is a baffling yet entertaining combination. They provide a lot of amusement, even if it’s usually for a relatively brief time before they dissolve into incoherence.

Re: using “tomato soup” as a euphemism, I have to say that I don’t think I’ll ever look at a plate of gazpacho the same again. 😀

My personal favorite euphemism for periods has to be “communists have stormed the Winter Palace”. It’s descriptive and has a historical reference built right into it.

This site is just so much fun, especially during times of heightened stress when I really need to laugh. You keep doing what you do best, Mammotheers. 🙂

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

That was authentic frontier gibberish!

“Rhinestone buzzards” would be a good name for a country and western band.

Ledasmom
Ledasmom

I believe the xkcd version of period euphemism was “that ‘time of the month’ when I’m ‘not at my best’ because I’m ‘bleeding from my vagina'”.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Miggs is pretending to have Crohn’s now? Wouldn’t that particular disorder make it impossible to survive on seagulls alone?

Sorry, Miggs. Maybe next sock will be less obvious and you won’t be discovered immediately.

Seriously. I could tell it was him before I scrolled down and saw so.

I should thank him for proving my point though. Menstruation does need to be demystified. Period blood looks nothing like tomato soup or ketchup.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@ Monzach

Seconding, thirding, and fourthing that.

Also, I read ZinkieJink’s comment in a Deep-South-white-suit-and-hat-fire-and-brimstone voice. It was so fun I did it again 😀

Ktoryx
Ktoryx

These Jinkies are Zoinked:

Undertakers.

…?

That’s neither accurate nor even an insult. But it does take me back to the time he called us Usurers. That was pretty funny.

Kat
Kat

My periods were never too bad. I had cramps but they were never debilitating.

I did find out, however, that sleeping with the light on can make the time between your periods shorter. I had gotten down to 23 days between my periods (it should be 28 to 35, as I recall), when a friend told me about the connection.

I stopped sleeping with the light on, and the time between periods did get longer again.

Why was I sleeping with the light on?

I visited my parents and my father scared me so much that I thought it would be good to know just where I was whenever I woke up. I did this for seven months. But then I gave up that nighttime light (a reading lamp just above my head) and I was emotionally fine.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Have you ever thought to question why you find open discussion of periods to be so nauseating? Haha of course you haven’t.

My natural period is not only quite painful, but also extremely high flow. We’re talking rivers over here. Lakes. Oceans of uterine lining. 5 days of “can I even afford to lose this much blood in a week” and another 3 days of more typical volumes.

When I started taking oral BC it brought both the pain levels and the flow down to manageable levels. Much better.

Then I switched to my IUD, and it brought the flow down to almost nil. I just wear little panty liners. Really light days I don’t even bother. It’s glorious. But the pain, friends. The pain is back to its natural levels. And I’m just like… why, body, why? Why are you working this hard in order to pass like a 1/4 cup of fluid in a 5 day span? Take it easy.

Edited because I realized 1/2 a cup is actually a lot. I’m terrible at guessing volume.

Rhuu
Rhuu

I never talk about my period, but i am always happy when other people mention theirs casually like it’s nbd. Because it *isn’t* a big deal, and i want to be more open about stuff like that?

I don’t typically get bad cramps or anything, but my period lasts for about a week and comes between 23 and maaaybe 27 or so days? Like, it’s a bit frustrating that it just isn’t regular. i don’t have any reason to go in bc, but if it could be either regular or non-existant, i would be super happy!

On the subject of reusable panty liners… i’m really interested, but concerned about cleaning. how does this work?? I have a washer in my house, but i share with room mates and i don’t want to be doing something that thry wouldn’t like. (yes i know i need to talk to them, but i was hoping to have a better understanding of the process first.)

any help is appreciated!

also @ the troll on page two… why did you put david’s LAST name in scare quotes before equating him with a bulldyke? Do you understand how scare quotes work? I believe you do not and need to edumacate yourself.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I went into the student disability centre yesterday (which is turning out to be a giant fucking time sink for very little gain, but I digress) and at one point the woman doing my intake said, “ugh, I am just absolutely having a menopausal meltdown today. It feels like it’s 50 degrees in here, I’m telling you.” I was briefly surprised, and then really really happy, that she was so open and casual about that. We talked a bit more, I offered my condolences, and it was just awesome.

Schnookums Von Fancypants, Social Justice Wario
Schnookums Von Fancypants, Social Justice Wario

We Hunted the Mammoth: Now with 57 Varieties of Ketchup Spewing Heathens!

kupo
kupo

@Rhuu
It took me a while to get used to the reuseable liners. I felt like it was gross at first and embarrassed about even telling my husband. But once I got used to them they became normal. You throw them in the wash (cold only for anything with blood), and if you’re worried about stains on the pads you can soak them in cold water and/or pre-treat them with Shout. Think of it like when you get some on your clothing–it’s not too different from that. They don’t absorb as quickly or as much liquid as the disposable ones, so if you have a heavy flow they might not work well. Mine has not been heavy enough while using them for it to be a concern, but I have to be a little more careful when standing up during the heavier part or I can get some leakage. The brand I use has a nylon layer to protect your clothes, so that helps.

If you’re concerned about your roommates you could look into cups instead. I don’t know a lot about them.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I’ve been using them a couple of years now and still have the original set I bought and they’re still in pretty good shape.

snork maiden

Jinkies is quite entertaining, but I bet he didn’t come up with all those insults himself.

I’m currently in the midst of perimenopause, and even with the hot flushes, it is so much preferable to reenacting The Shining every 4-7 weeks.