"ethics" men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny reddit

Whaa!? Men Going Their Own Way actually consider going their own way

Clipperton Island: It has a tree
Clipperton Island: It has a tree

Earlier today, one apparently desperate MGTOW went to the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit to ask the regulars for advice on fleeing the country so he can skip out on paying alimony and child support.

Helpful commenters suggested various alternatives, from faking his own death to literally joining the French Foreign legion (turns out he’s too old for that). The OP is also considering the possibility of living “like Rambo, in the woods.”

But my favorite answer came from a dude living on a boat:

Mike637 3 points 9 hours ago Buy a small sailboat and go. There are tons of deserted island and countries that are not going to care about your visa status unless you are committing crimes. Sailing is easy. If you have a decent vehicle, I bet you could show up on the Gulf coast and trade it for a capable sailboat. I live on a sailboat right now and as soon as I am finished fixing it up, I am out of here. I am hoping to be done by the end of October.

I would strongly urge all MGTOWs to consider this alternative. Any kind of boat or boat-like device will do — sailboat, rowboat, giant inflatable duck, pool noodle, you name it.

Aim for one of these islands and you’ll be sitting pretty in no time!

NOTE: Just so you know, the caption for the pic above is kind of a joke. Clipperton Island, a tiny smudge of an atoll 670 miles southwest of Mexico, has more than one tree. It also had birds.

clipbirds

And an abandoned tanker!

clippertonfreighter

MGTOWs! Clipperton island calls for you!

Kat
Kat

Possessing the Secret of Joy by Alice Walker is a novel about female genital mutilation. It is by no means an easy read — the subject is chilling — but I learned a lot.

Pie

Seagulls out there in the middle of nowhere have a reasonable chance of being relatively clean and disease-free, compared to their counterparts who frequent human habitation and eat garbage. That’s where they pick up the human-unfriendly pathogens and botulism from, after all. It is also that particular diet that makes their meat and fat particularly nasty; gulls with the traditional diet are apparently quite edible and pleasant.

I can’t find any hard information on the vitamin content of seabirds, but so long as you eat all the bits (especially the liver) you might be OK, especially if you supplemented your skyrat stew with some fish or seabird eggs… apparently there’s a big breeding colony of masked and brown boobies there, if being a MGTOW doesn’t mean you’ve sworn off such things forever.

Hope you like crabs though. There are millions of em there.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

& diptych & Kat

Pitcairn is a horrible real life examination of what happens in the circumstances MGTOWs dream about (as is Somalia). A less unpleasant fictional example is the experiment referred to in ‘Brave New World’ when they set up a colony of Alphas on Cyprus.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

@Tessa, about Borderland and female normal ennemy : my take on it is that with the various mask and equipment one cannot distinguish male and females. It’s likely an overly optimistic idea for Borderland ; my position on that started with games like Starcrafts were a female marine would be exactly the same as a male marine, but in borderland they aren’t all that suited up.

That being said, I loathe a lot the concept that if a soldier is a women, it have to be readily visible via breastplate and whatever. Or by being smaller and slimer. Ideally, I would want 1/3 of clearly “masculine” foes (aka with beards or visible face who is visibly masculine), 1/3 to 1/10 depending on context of visibly female people, and the rest “androgynous” enough to pass for either in context. (so likely still pretty “masculine”, bulky and all)

As far as the “only one model of badass woman”, I agree that I feel that american cultures rely way, way too much on only a small number of cliche women. For all their very numerous and very real fault, I like japanese mangas and animes more than american comics and movies in that it’s much easier to find several different kind of strong women, as well as female characters who are strong but aren’t unbreakable. Having varied female matter more to me than having non sexualized women, even if both are obviously important.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ pie

A Maori rugby player I met once told me he’d eaten seagull as a kid. He indictated it was a culinary delight best avoided.

Pie

It sounds like there’s a certain amount of preparation that needs to be done, and if you do it wrong the result is probably not very nice and you might not be inclined to try again to see if you could get it right.

There are some quite mangled autotranslated recipes here that talk about being very careful to remove the skin and fat, especially the internal fat.

Still, the recommendations to consume with a strong wine or to curry aren’t entirely encouraging. If the alternative is something deeply unpleasant and offensive to your principles (like, paying child support) then you’re just going to have to get used to it. It is a small price to pay, right?

Pie

I do like the final recipe…

1. boil the seagull in water.
2. throw the water away.
3. continue boiling the seagull in fresh water.
4. throw the seagull away.

Kat
Kat

@Pie

Abso-effin’-lutely.

It’s all about ethics in parenting.

Moggie
Moggie

IP, way back:

DON’T YOU FUCKING DARE TRY TO DEBATE THE SEAGULLS THEY’RE NOT INTERESTED THEY JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE JUST GO YOUR OWN DAMN WAY AND STOP FUCKING BOTHERING INNOCENT PEOPLE AND BIRBS WITH YOUR FUCKING NONSENSE

Is that a reference to the awesome birdsrightsactivist on twitter? He seems to be on a crusade against John Olivegarden at the moment.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I might not hate Nickelback as much if the radio hadn’t played 2 or 3 Nickelback songs an hour from the time I was, I dunno, 10 or so. Damn you, CRTC!

This article has a click-bait-y headline, but it’s an interesting look at the classism that partly fuels some Nickelback hate. At the same time, it looks at how rock radio pushed out women,* as well as smaller acts, to make room for the Nickelbacks of the world.

* Related autobiographical fact: I spent a few years of my childhood thinking that a male vocalist was a genre requirement for rock & roll.

Diptych
Diptych

Re: Bethesda games; I couldn’t tell you the names of two Skyrim characters, and FO3’s writing was a trainwreck, but I was pleasantly surprised by FO4. Piper’s fun, Cait’s story is surprisingly touching, and even minor baddies like Red Tourette are surprisingly memorable.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I always thought the MGTOW planet that Ripley winds up on in Alien 3 would be a good location for real life MGTOW. Too bad it’s fictional.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Moggie

Hah! I haven’t checked the Birds Rights twitter in a while. I just feel like our trolls are the type of people who, if they were stuck on an island with only seagulls, would be constantly pestering the birbs, demanding a “debate”.

@Kat

It’s all about ethics in parenting.

That phrase is the gift that just keeps on giving, isn’t it?

Moggie
Moggie

IP:

…and then losing the debate.

Wait, is Matt Lauer on this island?

Michael P
Michael P

“Sailing is easy.”

No. No, it is not.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I once asked NWO, famed MB/WHTM troll of yore, why he felt so passionately that men should a) be given physical custody more often (I’ll note that he didn’t seem to understand that custody is not an either/or situation, and can in fact be shared) and b) should never have to pay child support. My thinking was, if you give a damn about your kids, you would want to support them if you can; and if you don’t care about your kids, why the hell would you want custody? And it can’t be all about the money, because if you have custody you obviously need to spend money on your children.

His answer was illuminating. Essentially, he felt that if he isn’t using it, he shouldn’t have to pay to maintain it. Like children are fancy cars and not, you know, human beings.

Tosca
Tosca

“Sailing is easy.”

No. No, it is not.

Sailing is easy. It’s the sailing-so-that-you-can-find-land-before-you-run-out-of-food-and-fresh-water that’s hard.

Holytape

Pie,

Actually, because of ocean currents concentrating garbage, some of the most poisoned seabirds live in the middle of the oceans.

And those aren’t seagulls. They’re boobies. Most likely masked boobies with a few blue-footed boobies and brown boobies mixed in.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

:O

They’re boobies?

You can never escape the gynocracy, mgtows! muahuahuahuahua!

“Sailing is easy.”

No. No, it is not.

There’s an interesting blindspot that I’ve noticed in a certain kind of wannabe survivalist, which is declaring that almost every kinda of technical skill is basically straightforward and that their sort of omni-capable rugged individualistic frontiersperson would have no problem working it out on the fly. No need for training or practice. First aid, navigation and communication come up depressingly often in this context. I’m sure the same kind of people would laugh in your face if you declared that, say, hunting was easy (you just find a gun and shoot it at something you wanna eat, right?) but few other skills are held in such high regard.

@Holytape

Poisoned, sure, but not diseased. The difference is important in this case. They’ll be just jammed full of delicious, nutritious mercury, but that’ll take aaaages to kill you. In the timespan you’ll have between arriving on the island and being moved on by the French, you’ll probably have nothing worse than a chronic health condition that will blight you for years to come, and you might get away with much less severe problems (beyond the ones that drove you to live off seabirds in the middle of nowhere instead of taking any kind of responsibility for your life). What you won’t have, however, is the kind of nasty and acute and potentially fatal illness (such as botulism) that requires the birds to have ready access to human waste (of all the kinds).

I did make mention of the boobies of Clipperton earlier 😉 The original commentry was on seagulls, however, so I stuck with that term. I don’t imagine that the preparation is much different, or the flavor much nicer either way.

Moggie
Moggie

Pie:

When you STEM, everything else is trivial, right? I’ll have you know I can create whole worlds through programming, so I’m sure my manly brain can figure out simple stuff like what berries I can eat, or how to skin a tortoise.

JS
JS

Classic answer to “How do you survive on a deserted island?” “Pray that they misspelled dessert”

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

Oh my God, my eyes just glazed over pages and pages of arguing.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Viscaria,

I think NWO finally got tired of trolling. I Googled him recently and the only recently activity I found was a few reddit posts complaining about trans people using the gender appropriate bathroom.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Kootiepatra,

I’ve just caught up on this thread. There are so many people who were so awesome–I’ve just especially gotta say to Scildfreja:

wait waht did i do

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Pie,

I see that in university students all the ding-dang-day, too. “I don’t need to study, I can figure it out on the exam. I know the basics, I can extrapolate the rest.”

Toxic masculinity at its worst, where arrogance is an avoidance mechanism. That’s you, @Mig.

@David, I’d put money on him sincerely believing the things he’s saying. He could be playing things up on his end (possibly for an audience somewhere) and he might think he’s just messing with us for funsies, but you can’t swim in that water for long before it gets into your skin. There’s a Clipperton metaphor in there somewhere but I’m not in the brain state to go get it right now I think.

Anyways, that’s all stuff you’re well aware of, more than me I’m sure. The Alt Right and MRAs are what you get when you let people soak in the caustic brine of hate for keks for a little too long, after all, and they’ve had nearly 20 years now to do pickle.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Pie

That seagull recipe is a bit like the recipe for cooking galahs. (a pink and grey parrot)

1. Put galah into pot with a stone and fill with water.
2. Bring water to boil.
3. When the rock is soft the galah is ready to eat.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

The “I pay for your welfare” rant was undubitably sincere. (Is undubitably even a word ? Am I even using it right ? False cognates are everywhere, I’m scared.) Sincere if a bit sad. The flow of Captain Haddock that came next was probably his way to convince himself that he was just trolling ?

At any rate I go by the usual mantra ; if you pretend to be an asshole for long enough it stops having any kind of relevance whether you really are one deep down or not. That’s why I dropped my foreskin privilege joke. That’s why the “ironic” racists need to drop their whole shtick and find. That’s why Miggie needs to stop listening to Nickelback ironically, although that’s not what makes him an asshole 🙂

(I absolutely loved Nickelback when I was younger, but I got really bored when All the Right Reasons and the following albums came out. Same for Papa Roach and their Metamorphosis. I’m not ashamed to admit it. Try it, Miggie.)

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

(The word is indubitably)

(I am so sorry for the English language.)

Kootiepatra

Scildfreja:

wait waht did i do

I was referring generally to your gracious and incisive taking apart of the trolling–and the Fluttershy pictures too, of course. 😀

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Damn it, in/un ! Always had a problem with those two. Even though the same problem exists in french and I get by fine there… Also, I’m a bit drunk (no surprise here…) and I forgot half the words in my post. I meant “Captain Haddock insults“. The “ironic” racists need to “drop their shtick and find some other way to one-up each other“.

That’s what you get when you proof-read and heavily edit your whole post with 75cl of delicious, delicious (but stronk) black porter beer in your system. Engrish is hard.

ETA : No but seriously, Kootiepatra is right. The mix of perfect replies and Fluttershy is glorious, so glorious.

Snowberry
Snowberry

Others have mentioned it, but I’ll put it out clearly:

To wanna-be survivalists, survival is hard. You need to spend time practicing among people who are already proficient, or at least from a position where you don’t actually need to use your skills to stay alive. Preferably for at least two years. The reason is because “survival” is not a single skill but multiple related skills. Even if you have a general idea what to do, you can’t get reliably good at multiple skills in the three days (at best) you have before you have no energy and can’t function very well anymore.

Scolar Visari
Scolar Visari

@Snowberry

Yeah, but, immune system though!

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Snowberry & Scolar Visari

And penis power !

Schnookums Von Fancypants
Schnookums Von Fancypants

I know I’ve just started posting, and mainly with snarkiness, but I’d like to address something brought up by our troll in this thread. (Puts serious hat on).

I am a male survivor of rape. I was five years old at the time. And the abuser was a woman as well. It has taken me decades to deal with, and I’m STILL dealing with it. Being touched can send me into a panic attack if I’m not mentally prepared for it. And yet I damn well know it isn’t the MGTOWs or MRAs who are going to support me. They only care about hypothetical male rape survivors, since real people aren’t going to keep on script when they use them as weapons to bash the feminists. Feminism cares about actual male rape survivors. So in short #MRA/MGTOWSTOPUSINGMEASYOURMOTHERFUCKINGSHIELDYOUASSGOBLINS

Ktoryx
Ktoryx

I think its kind of funny that the little guy had this tantrum now. Didn’t we just have a whole conversation about mammotheers’ various survival skills like a week ago?

Slightly related:

The Try Guys Try to Survive

Diptych
Diptych

Yeah, that sounds like a solid theory. Though, whether they were ever serious or not, they’re still an asshole. It’s just a question of what kind of asshole!

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

@Schnookums Von Fancypants

(I’m unable to convey my sympathies properly without coming off as a generic Hallmark Card-esque statement in text so please accept this gif as a means to express how brave I think you are and how shitty I think people are treating your situation as more of an abstract idea than a person because I feel you should be addressed but I am unsure how to do so in a way that isn’t this one and I don’t want you to be ignored.)

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer

@PI (way back):

That was an interesting link but, alas, when I crave something nothing replaces it–it’s just not the same. However, lest you think I lack willpower (or rather, “won’t-power”), I *can* do without what I crave and have done it many times.

I do, however, find it better to indulge in a moderate quantity of whatever I want than deny, deny, deny myself it until I cave and binge (Disclaimer: I know that you weren’t telling anyone to deny their cravings). I think of my body as a kid and my mind as the parents. I should set limits, but If I’m overly strict with my body it *will* rebel!

I hope you don’t think of me as less of a person because of that.

@Schnookums Von FancyPants: Welcome to WHTM…did you get your welcome package yet? Also I am very sorry about what happened to you! *your choice of alternative to hugs*

@Moggie: I love BirdsRightsActivist!

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Schnookums Von FancyPants,

<3 welcome! You're with friends here. Say as much or as little as you want, and thank you for speaking up. I hope that things get easier for you!

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Schnookums
Hiya, I’m Axe. Sorry I’m late, didn’t know what to say. Still don’t other than to basically just repeat Jack’s post again. All the best. And don’t be a stranger, huh?

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer

@PI: I apologize if I came off as pissy in my previous screed…I didn’t mean it in that way at all 🙂

kupo
kupo

@Violet
It’s really, really hard to just recognize that you’d body needs to be listened to sometimes and that it’s okay to have treats sometimes. I don’t think any less of you for that; quite the opposite. <3

@Schnookums
Welcome and thank you for sharing.

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer

@kupo: Thank you for understanding <3

As far as listening to my body, I'm taking a medication that fucks with my appetite so I have to tune in all the closer. Example: *It's 2pm and I haven't eaten since 8am* Am I *really* not hungry or is that the medication talking?

So I have to ensure that I eat enough during the day or else I'll binge at night due to being extremely hungry. I find that eating frequent, smallish meals helps (and I'm quite active).

Kat
Kat

@(((Violet)))

I do, however, find it better to indulge in a moderate quantity of whatever I want than deny, deny, deny myself it until I cave and binge.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way.

Also, I think that your body tells you what it needs. (For example, maybe right now it needs the energy-giving protein and nerve-soothing calcium and gut-regulating probiotics in yogurt. Or the carbohydrates and warmth of a baked potato, right out of the oven.)

And yeah, sometimes it wants the bar-b-que potato chips because it’s bored. But that’s okay too.

I educate my body by exposing it to new foods, and I steer my body in a healthy direction. And I also listen to it.

Just like feminism is self-respecting, so is self-care.

Kat
Kat

@Schnookums Von Fancypants

I’m so sorry that happened to you. What a traumatic event.

Here, have a box of assorted alternatives to hugs: they’re 100 percent hug-free.

Welcome to WHTM.

kupo
kupo

@Violet
That’s the worst when medication messes up your hunger signals. I had that with welbutrin. It’s the only time I’ve ever felt repulsed by the thought of eating even though I’d only had a few hundred calories so far in the day, and it was so hard to make myself eat that I got dizzy spells a few times.

Mick Dash
Mick Dash

“I am a male survivor of rape. … And the abuser was a woman as well. It has taken me decades to deal with, and I’m STILL dealing with it. Being touched can send me into a panic attack if I’m not mentally prepared for it.”

Same here pretty much. I think the circumcision hurts a lot worse, but whatever I know rape can be a lot worse also, when it happened to me it wasn’t that violent compared to other stories.