anime nazis anti-Semitism empathy deficit entitled babies hate speech homophobia irony alert literal nazis racism threats twitter

Thoughtful responses to my improved Alt-Right logo from unimproved Alt-Rightists

Nein! Nein!
Nein! Nein!

I’ve gotten a number of extremely thoughtful responses from assorted alt-right twitterists to my post yesterday in which I offered an improved version of the new alt-right logo, with a Ku Klux Klanner head replacing the stylized “a.”

And by “thoughtful,” I mean “don’t read the following tweets if you’re not in the mood for jokes about murder, suicide, and the Holocaust and/or a defense of the KKK’s lynching of black people.”

Oh look, a death wish:

Followed by a death threat:

This one, posted by someone using a picture of racist mass murderer Anders Breivik as an avatar and featuring a photo of actual dead people, is a little too NSFW to post here.

Given the, er, high racist content of these responses, I’m not quite sure why exactly any of these people are mad about being compared to the KKK.

To be fair, though, they weren’t all mad. There was one Pepe-avatared alt-right Twitterer who liked my fixed logo:

Oh, and FYI, Twitter Nazis, I’m not actually Jewish. Like a lot of the people sporting “echoes” around their names on Twitter, I added the marks as a tiny little “I’m Spartacus”-style act of solidarity. That said, I did go to a Jewish day camp for several summers as a kid. One time we got to meet Sandy Koufax! That makes me practically a Jew.

@John

This is the first time I’m not told to just get over it and move on and worse stuff happens every day etc

Not even remotely in the same ballpark as you, but the girl with whom I had my 1st real sexual experience… Years later, some stuff happened and things were said, and I hate her guts now. She’s a vet of sorts, so she sometimes takes care of Gaea. Only reason I put up with her. Bottom line, we’re not cool…

Again, it’s only barely, tangentially related to your situation. I, in no way, mean to minimize what you’re saying with my weaksauce issues. Still, if someone told me to get over it, or, even worse to just get along, I’d have had some pretty savage words with em 😠

Besides, “worse stuff happens”? There’s very little I can imagine being more difficult than what you’ve gone thru. That’s some grown ass man shit, and you’re younger than me! Strength, brother <3

Posting against all of my better judgment…

kupo
kupo

@Sinkable John
I tried to post last night but it didn’t go through. For what it’s worth, the people who can’t see past The Bad Thing would not be healthy for you to keep in your life. I know that it doesn’t lessen the pain to know that, but the best thing you can do is focus your energy on people who care about you.

@Axe

Part of a good apology is recognizing that forgiveness is your job and not the injured party

This. Unfortunately my in-laws believe it’s required to forgive as soon as an apology is issued, which makes things very difficult for me.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Axe

He lightened up later…

Varalys has been using her vast expertise in how people are represented in media to assist me with something. She introduced me to an amazing comic character called Amanda Waller. In her original incarnation she was wonderful. She was completely plausible in the role she was meant to have. Oh, and she also happened to be a middle aged larger black lady.

Then she got mainstream. And, purely coincidentally no doubt, she suddenly got younger, smaller and just a little bit less black.

And maybe it’s because I’ve been pondering on that recently that my first thought when I saw your comment was “Well that’ll be so Ben Affleck can play him in the movie”

@kupo

I remember them. I can’t imagine… <3

@Alan
They ruined Etta Candy decades before they even got to The Wall. The whole point of her character was body positivity (granted it was the 40s, so it wasn't perfect). They made her thin in the 60s (even going so far as to have her in a anorexia storyline). But it's OK, cos they made her black in '11! See, they care about diversity! *groan*
Wall and Etta are fat again (both black), so I guess they learned…

Well that’ll be so Ben Affleck can play him in the movie

Funny, but sadly a little believable. Luckily for everyone, Mike Colter:
is playing Luke Cage in the show 😁

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Who’s the guy on the right? He would make a brilliant Judge Dredd!

@Alan
Frankie Faison. You may remember him as the orderly from Silence of the Lambs:
He’s playing Pops, the owner of a barbershop in Harlem. Generally upstanding member of the community

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Axe

Ah right. Incidentally he’s also in the rather excellent Manhunter (the first Lector film)

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

I do love how we are refusing to let this thread die a natural death 🙂

@ John
I feel as though I’ve been monopolising you lately, so I’ll try to stop calling on your attention.
Axe and kupo are both right on point (as usual).

There are some times when “worse things could be happening” is actually useful, but your situation is not one of them. Trivial examples – when my son or I get a bit too whiny, the other will say “first world problems!” as a reminder that the wifi cutting out or the toast getting burnt or the new anime episode not out as promised (etc. etc.) are really not the end of the world. I’m sure a lot of people do this.
Another one: for the next few weeks I have to start work much earlier than usual; getting up at dawn and travelling by train and bus for 2.5 hours … but, this is because I’m taking over a colleague’s class as she’s undergoing treatment for breast cancer. So you can be damn sure I’ll not be whining about my early starts!

But in other cases, like yours (and I’m thinking of your ordeals with mental health professionals too), saying that worse things can happen is fucking insulting, and it denies your pain. In order to ever move on (or just away), we need to be able to inhabit the pain first. Sure, worse things could happen to you – but so what? These things did happen to you so they are what you have to live with, not some hypothetical.

I get so mad when this kind of thing happens! John, you take care of yourself and as kupo said, focus on the people who actually do see you as a worthwhile person.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Moar backspacing, editing, wiping everything then restarting… Meh.

@Axe, kupo

I don’t think “weak issues” are a thing to be honest. I mean it all depends on how it affects you. Things hurt for a reason, so if it hurts then it’s just as valid as anything else, I think.

Besides, there’s this weird thing going on, where that wasn’t the worst thing that happened to me, yet it’s the one that hurts the most. I can think of a few things that are “objectively” worse (damn I hate that word), but if I could go back and change just one thing, I wouldn’t even hesitate. So no, there aren’t “weaker” issues. I hope it gets better for you though. Not gonna tell you it takes time or crap like that, I just hope something happens that makes things better instead.

@kupo

Yeah I wrote three long paragraphs… but eventually shied away. Public internetz and all that. Point is… I remember who these people are – they forgot who I am, though. Most of the crap that’s going on is due to what happened after the abortion. Kind of a mix of weird shit that got blamed on me for no real reason and a hell of a rumor mill fueled by others – among which I suspect stands my father.

So all in all, I can’t really blame them. And they were some of the most amazing people I’ve ever known, that’s why I miss them. And I think somewhere deep down I just can’t believe it’s definitely over and there’s nothing to do about it. That’s probably why I still dream about it. Incidentally, this is what I’m listening to right now. Weirdly fitting titles and all.

@Axe again

Posting against all of my better judgment…

Watch me.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Axe

He’s playing Pops, the owner of a barbershop in Harlem.

You’ve got me all nostalgic now. I used to live next to a barbers called “Dad’s”. They did ‘Afro, Carribean, and Euro Hair’. I think I was the Euro. It was a great place to chill on a Saturday. That was market day on the street. So you could grab some food from one of the stalls and just gas the day away. Sometimes my hair was almost longer by the time I left than when I came in. You could also watch the world’s cheatiest games of dominoes (seriously, the guys might as well have been using semaphore)

After a while I got promoted so Dad himself cut my hair (also “call me Dad”). Daft as it sounds I felt really chuffed. It was like getting your platinum membership. Dad was really old school. Even though my style has always been once over with a straight razor and a bit of a polish, he still dusted me down with that slightly scented powder that only seems to exist in traditional barber shops.

There was also a women’s bit in the back. No man had ever been through that door! Not sure what went on in there but it involved a lot of laughing.

Kat
Kat

@Mish

It’s difficult to hold on to a sense of self, and self-worth, if people are actively challenging that.

I’m so sorry about your brother’s situation. Hugs or hug alternatives to you, your brother, and the rest of your family.

You addressed your remark to Sinkable John, but it resonated for me. Although my late brother, who was nonneurotypical, didn’t end up in prison, he took the wrong road, repeatedly.

And that’s because our father actively, continually, maliciously destroyed his sense of self and self-worth.

My father treated his entire family the same way, but my late brother was less able to endure it.

Without patriarchy, my father couldn’t have carried out his mission of destruction. And my brother would no doubt still be alive.

@Sinkable John, @Axecalibur
In my experience, people who advise others just to “get over” trauma, have difficulty themselves with processing trauma — they tend to stuff it down and want you to do the same.

Sending you hugs or alternatives to hugs.

Kat
Kat

@Alan

Not daft at all. I know someone who chatted a lot with his local Palestinian-American grocer and was totally jazzed when he got to sit behind the counter with him.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Aaaand that’s why I need to remember to refresh before posting, especially when I take an hour or so trying to write something.

@Mish

Nah, ’tis all good, plus I feel better now thanks to you all 🙂

I see what you mean regarding “it could be worse”. Incidentally “first world problems !” is a favorite rant of some anti-feminists… But then that means out of seven billion people or so, only one has any right to complain – and no one even knows who that would be.

@Kat

I’m sorry about your brother 🙁
All of the hugs or alternatives to you.

kupo
kupo

@John
Hugs. It sounds like you’re grieving in a manner, which is understandable. Losing people you care about is hard.

Here’s a silly kitty to cheer you up. 🙂

@ Kat

That’s heartbreaking. Your poor brother. Thank you for posting – your comments are always so beautiful and intelligent (when they’re not scathingly funny and intelligent!).

@ John

Yes, I know how some peeps in the manosphere like to use “first-world problems” as a stick to beat western feminists with (usually just before they start discussing cargo shorts or Pokemon Go…). The kid and I just use it as a private reminder that we have it pretty good these days 🙂

ETA
@kupo – grieving, yes.
And that kitty is brilliant!

@kupo

Thank yous. This is the best kitty.

@Mish

Oh sorry I wasn’t clear (I never am, am I). I mean I got that :p
I meant there’s legitimate ways to say it, like yours, and less legitimate ones, like theirs. And like the people who keep saying that “others have it worse and you don’t hear them complain” (protip, guy : you would hear them complain if you listened).

Right now my first world problem is that I lost my Terraria save files along with my old hard drive and now that I’ve restarted, RNGesus isn’t too kind to me. At least I’m staying occupied and it keeps my brains busy. (I’m willing to trade my hypothetical first born for a lava charm. Should I take this to Craigslist ?)

kupo
kupo

RNGesus is a jerk.

@Mish

I do love how we are refusing to let this thread die a natural death

To get a tiny bit philosophical, there’s no such thing. This thread forever 🙂

@John

Nah, I’m fine. So long as my fuzzy friend gets her medicines and check ups, I’m good! She matters more. Plus, my emotions are pretty dull by now. Probably not all that healthy, but it helps! And thanks 🙂

Speaking of back in time. My life has no soul crushing events in it. I’m a ‘death by 1000 cuts’ type. I’m only on like 340 or so (*inward chuckle*). I can remember those cuts. Vividly. And I know what moment I could go back to and do a lot of good for myself. Tap my 17 year old self on the shoulder and keep him on track…
I won’t go too much into the story, but someone I sorta knew in high school did something bad to someone else I knew in high school. They were younger, and I’d already graduated. Anytime I think of going back and changing things, I realize they (both) need my help more than I do. Don’t know why I’m telling this… (virtue signal virtue signal 😀)

@Alan
This is for you:
Don’t lose it, we don’t just hand these out to every ‘Euro’. And don’t worry, we’ll fix the name 🙂

@Kat
Sorry about your bruh, and I’m glad you survived <3

You … you play Terraria?

comment image

I’ve, um, been known to give my son totally illegitimate days off school because we were in the middle of building the bestest settlement, or were about to go hardmode.

Speaking of responsibility, or lack thereof, I must go and play at being an adult (i.e. marking assignments).
This thread is incredible and very humbling. Thanks, all <3 <3

@kupo

“Think not that I am come to send fat loot on Earth : I came not to send what you need, but a shitload of useless crap.”

@Axe

Tap my 17 year old self on the shoulder and keep him on track…

Why not go with your 4 yr old self instead ? Efficiency ! But more seriously, I get where you’re coming from. It’s harder to watch others go to hell than to do it yourself.

Sometimes I daydream about restarting my whole life with all the knowledge I have now. I suspect my gamer mindset might be the reason why I even think about that. No lottery numbers though. And I’d have to resist the urge to “write” other people’s awesome songs or books before they do.

@Mish

I laughed a lot more than I really should, considering this is totally the reason why I should never have kids. All those sick days, I’d end up on trial for bad parenting.

My settlement is a mixture of fugly-and-barely-functional, and some stuff that I’m actually proud of. Nothing new here… Eventually I’ll move everything to a new location and really put my mind to building something cool.

kupo
kupo

OMG, you guys. Look! http://cat-cosplay.tumblr.com

@John

Why not go with your 4 yr old self instead ?

4 year old Axe’s mom had just returned from a long hustle, he was moving 800 miles away, and he wouldn’t see his dad again for 14 years. He had enough on his plate* 🙂
Honestly, I think starting over might be bad for me. I didn’t stay on track at 17. Or 14. Or 9. But that made me who I am. And I think I’m a slightly better person for it

Nope, I’m stealing whole careers! What? You thought I had scruples? 😉

@kupo
Cat Bucky remembers all of them *squeals and melts into goo*
I normally hate aminals in clothes, but this too adorable

*She got a great job, I’ll never quite like where I live as much as my real home, and, as cool as my dad is, him not being around was never any kinda loss. A lot for a child regardless…

Kat
Kat

@Alan

They were discussing the man-o-sphere.

Someone would say something like, “Man, oh, manospherians, what a whine!”*

Peals of laughter.

*Apologies to Manischewitz wine.

Diptych
Diptych

Personally, I like restricting “first world problems” to maladies actually unique to the first world. Like, everyone’s annoyed by burned food and so on – those aren’t signs of excessive privilege; they’re unifying human experiences! So first world problems should be “Oh, bother, a change of government has reduced the profitability of my colonial investments.”

@ Diptych

Ah, I think I get you! Something like:
“Ermergerd, I had to pay 1.5% tax last financial year!” *sob*

Or, or, a real life actually true example:
A guy who was buying a multi-million dollar house found to his dismay that the driveway was too low for his Ferrari, so he became embroiled in a battle with the developers to have the driveway altered.
Those kind of problems? 🙂

@ Axe

To get a tiny bit philosophical, there’s no such thing. This thread forever 🙂

You are correct, of course. I bow before your wisdom. I love this thread.

Although, why stop at “a tiny bit philosophical”? I’m all for being ridiculously over the top 24/7 philosophical, myself 😀

@Axe

Nope, I’m stealing whole careers! What? You thought I had scruples?

I’m being practical here. If you go back now and steal their careers, any future (as of now) work might never happen. Unless you wait until they die before you go back, I guess. What ? You thought I had scruples ?

@Mish & Diptych

If you want to caricature the very concept of first world problems, look no further than Trump. (Because of course.) According to something I read yesterday, he used to yell “my life is shit !” from his office desk for hours on end because… he had to go to some fancy party or other during the evening.

(Incidentally, a year and a half ago I built a “Grump Tower” in Terraria because I was fooling around with the idea of a one-building settlement. That was before he officially announced he’d be running for president, so you can guess why it stopped being funny. It was connected to all sorts of ridiculous and environmentally-questionable projects like a 8 block wide hellevator, an underground asphalt highway that ran across the whole world, and an asphalt skybridge. And yes, I did plant trees in the lobby.)

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Axe

Thank you; I’ll treasure that forever! 🙂

I’m now thinking of a ‘Euroman’ comic. A superhero trying to prop up the legislature behind an international trade agreement might not seem an obvious subject for drama; but plenty of people paid to see the Star Wars prequels.

Re: First world problems

I once had occasion to mention a particular concern that had arisen for me and a friend said we needed a new category of zeroth world problems.

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

Maybe “privilige problems” because one has the luxury of focusing on them? Or some other combination that suggests their relative unimportant and bothersomeness.

@Mish

I’m all for being ridiculously over the top 24/7 philosophical, myself

The 1st World problem might be defined as convenience masquerading as struggle. One can live without the convenience but not, it seems, without the masquerade
-Axe Calibur

@John

What ? You thought I had scruples ?

Mwahahaha!

@Alan

Thank you; I’ll treasure that forever!

Well… 😛

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Today in happy stuff : my 4 yr old niece is staying here for the weekend, and she’s awesome. She came up to my room in the middle of the afternoon to tell me we were gonna eat “babahgers” tonight. Then she gave me a biscuit from her little bag.

I used to have a problem with her. She was born roughly 9 months after the abortion. It’s weird because I never had a problem with the abortion itself (obviously, and besides it wasn’t my place to say anything about that anyway) – but I guess she was, in a weird way, a reminder of everything else that happened. Took me about a year to warm up to her, but I’m so glad I finally did. Coolest kid ever, too. Everyone in the family who’s had kids says she’s definitely a parent’s dream.

She struggles to speak though, apparently because she speaks way too quickly and eats half her syllabes. She’s super smart but because of that and since kids her age usually speak slightly better than she does, I hear quite a few assholes spew shit like “mixed race will do that, her brain is slow on the uptake” and it makes me wanna teach her to headbutt them in the crotch but her mother forbids me.

Lanariel
Lanariel

Thanks to all of you.

My personal shitshow started mid October 2009 when my best friend/kinda ex/”soul mate” was diagnosed with cancer. Mid November we found out that it was terminal. The work I had at the time did not allow me to spend all that much time with her. Late December she finally were allowed home. A lot of her time were spent setting me up with my current girlfriend. Spent most of January and February just talking to her about everything. She passed away late March in my arms.

Don’t know if this is what I want to say. But I feel like it’s the right thing now.

Posting before regreting.

Just need to write stuff down.

@John
Muthafuckas is jealous of a baby, dawg? Somebody needs to rethink all they life choices. And a swift skull to the jibblies 😠

@Lanariel
Damn

Thanks for saying. Can’t be easy <3

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

<3 Lanariel. That's so hard, she must have been an absolute treasure. All the love.

Kat
Kat

@Lanariel
I’m so sorry to hear that your close friend passed away. It can take a lot of time to process something like that.

How caring of her to set you up with another woman.

I hope that you’ve come to some sort of peace about this very sad event.

Best wishes.

kupo
kupo

@Lanariel
Hugs. It’s hard to share that stuff, but I’m glad you did.

@Lanariel

Thanks for sharing, that must have been hard but I’m glad you did. All of the hugs !

@Axe

I think it’s this town, it’s fucking hostile. Overwhelmingly white and leaning to the right. We even have some high-profile neo-nazis and holocaust deniers, on account of the “legacy” from WW2. I’m just glad the kid doesn’t live here full time.

@John

I think it’s this town, it’s fucking hostile

Black, irreligious, socialist SJW in the deep South. My state will probably go to Trump, it’s only a matter of how much. I think I can relate…

Not so many neonazis tho. See, the nazis were heathens, and we’re good Christian folk. I live in the shadow of a pretty major city, so our assholes tend to be relatively benign (except for the pickup truck racists). On the other hand, go too far down the wrong highway, and you’d be forgiven for thinking the South did actually rise again

I’m just glad the kid doesn’t live here full time

Small victories 🙂

Dalillama
Dalillama

@Lanariel
Many hugs and much sympathy

@Axe

Them differences. Methinks the US has a much healthier approach to it all than France. We can’t talk about racism here, because “it doesn’t exist anymore”. Kinda like the stats thing we talked about before. On one hand, blatant displays of racism are pretty rare. On the other… well you need a pretty strict definition of “blatant” and “racism”. For example, it’s not racist if you say “it’s in their culture“. I hear that pretty much everytime I go out. But the same people will get offended if they hear something in the lines of “they’re inferior because race” – even though that’s basically a less-disguised way of saying the exact thing they just said. It’s just how this country has taught itself to think, probably as a result of that invisible segregation. We so want to believe we’re the “land of human rights” that we actively crush anyone who wants to do some actual work to achieve it. Anti-racists are dismissed in two ways : either they’re blaming their own failures on “imaginary racism”, or if they’re white, they’re “virtue signaling”. Can’t get any shit done because of that.

On the bright side, a few cities are actually, radically different. The “culture not nature” bullshit doesn’t fly there and shit actually gets done to level the playing field. Not by elected officials mind ya, they’re as bad at that job as anywhere else, but at the bottom of the ladder there’s some amazing folks who do some amazing work. One of those cities is but a small 30 minutes by train from here, and it’s always been sort of my second home – I swear I spend more time there than in the city that I live right outside of. And I’m moving there in a week.

Kat
Kat

@Sinkable John
That will be a move for the better!

EJ (The Other One)

Much support, Lanariel.

@John
The way you describe, it ain’t so different. There’s just more Jesus involved. Also apathy. There’s just as many anti antiracists around here, but they tend not to care as much. Unless the President is mixed. Then it’s a whole ‘grassroots’ movement to get him to release his long form birth certificate, cos he’s obviously a secret terrorist
If there is a major difference, it’s that our bigots peak early. They get big quickly and fade away just as fast. They leave a mess, but they’re (mostly) gone. That means the next assholes hafta start fresh. Neonazis wouldn’t get big here, cos the nazis already lost. We like our deplorables, just not the same old deplorables. Hopefully the same happens with our newest, orangest, incarnation. We’ll see…

And I’m moving there in a week

Ayy! That education thing? Sweet

@ Axe

-Axe Calibur

Ermergerd, what have I done? 😛

@ John
Your niece sounds absolutely fabulous. Hope you have a great time with her (and that was very poignant what you said about her birth and the abortion). As for “mixed-race” kids – don’t get me started. My son is part white Australian, part Punjabi, and if anyone dares to even hint at this being a bad thing, well… as for him, he loves it – he thinks it makes him windswept and interesting.
Re your hellevator – how long did that take to build? Jebus. 8 blocks wide, and having to fight off the demons etc. My worst hellevator experience was when I killed a flying demon thingie and it dropped the little guide voodoo doll into the lava. You know what happened next. We were not ready for it.

@ Lanariel

(what a beautiful name, btw)
That must have been incredibly hard for you to write. Going through it must have been utterly hellish. It’s lovely, though, that you were so close to another person. I’m glad she was with someone she loved dearly at the end.

What a thread this has turned out to be, people! Emotional rollercoaster doesn’t even begin to cover it.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Emotional rollercoaster doesn’t even begin to cover it

It feels weird to be happy to hear other people’s sad stories, but I very much am. I guess I’m glad that y’all made it this far given your circumstances, and that you’re still going. I’m legit thankful to have read it all, and to be comfortable enough to write a little something of my own. Hugs and love, everyone <3

@Axe

Exactly. I think I’ve already said ‘humbling’ a few too many times about this thread. It’s a serious privilege* to have read people’s experiences.
* privilege in the good sense – see, a wee little SJW joke, geddit? oh dear god.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

see, a wee little SJW joke, geddit?

I geddit ! Am so smart.

And yeah the move is for the school thing. Although to be honest, the real goal is to find work as soon as possible (school’s only for 6 months, and a lot of that time is geared toward finding internships and the like, so it’s a really good place to start), not to mention being closer to my friends and in a city in which I actually want to go out instead of staying home all day every day.

I’m reminded of what EJ posted some time ago. I think it’s really important. “Humbling” is the right word for this thread I think. And it feels good to be able to tell and listen and not be told that your experience doesn’t matter.

Re : hellevator – well I had endgame (as of the 1.2 version) equipment so it took maybe all of 15 minutes to dig :p
I used those claws that eat through anything extremely fast, combined with the smart cursor option (just aim down, click, and sit back and enjoy), so it was all over very quickly indeed. Besides, I did this on a new world that wasn’t in hardmode yet, while wearing endgame armor and stuff, so the enemies weren’t really a threat.

I’m stumped now though. I can’t beat the mechanical bosses .-.
It’s kind of a running gag with me. Every new game this same thing happens : everything before and after this specific part is easy, but those three I just can’t. Halp.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

I’m stumped now though. I can’t beat the mechanical bosses .-.

I would not even try to fight those three on my own! I’d do in multiplayer with some reliable people.
eep.
Although, it could be that you’re deliberately blocking yourself because you don’t want it to end…? 🙂

Lanariel
Lanariel

@all who answered

Thanks a bunch. I did sadly not deal very well with it and bottled it up inside. That shitstorm were one of the reasons I did end up in the depression I’m still trying to escape the fallout from.

Just typing it out for the first time and seeing the words online made it feel more real. I think I could be helped with sharing the entire thing somewhere.

I would have answered earlier if not for the backspace key.

I fully agree with the humbling privilege of reading about people’s struggles.

EJ really hit the head on the nail with the comment of the silent audience, and the feeling of relationship towards the commentariat.

That read reminded me strongly of a passage from The Devil Delivered by Steven Eriksson.

JOHN JOHN: […] Stay together, keep talking – you may not know it but your silent audience is vast, and the threads…
they fall toward you like rain…