a voice for men alt-right andrea hardie antifeminism antifeminist women FemRAs ironic nazis Islamophobia judgybitch misogyny MRA rape rape culture sockpuppetry twitter

JudgyBitch on marital rape, killing Trudeau, and why she thinks white skin is GOLD

The self-proclaimed Judgy Bitch is back
The self-proclaimed Judgy Bitch is back

I stand corrected: In a recent post I suggested that Andrea “JudgyBitch” Hardie, after at least two Twitter permabans, had been successfully kicked off the social media platform. As was pointed out to me shortly after I put up that post, she had already returned to Twitter with a new account. Welcome the new “Janet Bloomfield,” same as the old “Janet Bloomfield.”

I hadn’t done much more than glance at her latest account until yesterday, but it turns out she’s been keeping pretty busy. In my previous post, I discussed her thoughts on the possibility of nuking Mecca and killing all the millions of Muslims living or visiting there (she would be all in favor of it if she thought it would be “effective” against Islam).

But she has equally terrible thoughts on many other important issues of the day as well! For example, she’s been …

Calling for the murder of Canada’s Prime Minister:

Suggesting that women shouldn’t have the vote because women are more likely to file for divorce than men:

Advocating religious discrimination in the workplace:

Using the anti-gay slur favored by her Internet idol, the egotistical yet self-hating Milo Yiannopoulos:

Declaring rape in marriage to be a bit of a dick move, but not real rape:

Basically auditioning for the Klan, or whatever equivalent group they have up in Canada:

But there’s one thing she disagrees about with the proudly racist #altright: She doesn’t think that “White Genocide” is a real thing.

Of course, her reasons for this are racist as hell.

Er, what?

As I mentioned in my last post, Hardie is still listed on A Voice for Men as the site’s “Director [of] Social Media,” and she was one of the speakers at last month’s International Conference on Men’s Issues in London.

Kat
Kat

Oh man, I didn’t realize “Oriental” was a thing anyone said anymore.

You were right the first time.

Oh, you mean Andrea Hardie? I don’t consider her to be anyone.

Catalpa
Catalpa

Universal preference for light skin means evolution will always be towards white.

If we assume there really is a universal preference for white skin, doesn’t that mean that all the non-whites want to get with the whites too? And won’t that lead to the loss of the white race because although whiteness is somehow superior in every aspect to non-whiteness, a single drop of non-white blood renders you non-white?

I mean, yeah, I guess most white people would also want to breed with white people in this scenario, but not every white person is going to find their perfect pasty soulmate, and some idiots might fall in love with a non-white person due to foolishly valuing a trait other than the color of their skin. Also, since everyone is clamoring for pale skin, and because women are hedonistic hypergamous slatterns, chances are most white women are going to have sex with a non-white person and forever taint their vagina, even if they don’t have a child from that encounter. After all, vaginas totally retain DNA from sperm that they encounter, even stuff that never fertilized an egg, and that corrupts any white children she might have in the future.

So in short, the white race is doomed because they’re just so damn irresistibly sexy.

Thinking like these fuckheads makes my brain hurt.

Kat
Kat

@Alan

We get a lot of sea kale growing on the cliffs round here; I really like it. I’m a big fan of foraging. It’s amazing what’s both edible and free (my favourite food combo).

Sea kale is a new one on me. I did an Internet search and it sounds delicious.

Around my home, we talk about kale a lot. We get it at the farmers’ market every week (3 bunches for $6 — yay!), and then we have to use it up quickly because our refrigerator tends to drip. I’m in charge of Vegetable Management.

Yeah, everyone hates you when you’re in management, but someone’s got to do it.

1. Remove the kale from the refrigerator.
2. Remove the kale from its plastic bag.
3. Turn the bag inside out.
4. Wipe off the water and such from the outside of the bag.
5. Return the kale to the now inside-out bag.
6. Return the kale to the refrigerator.
7. Repeat every other day unless you want to encounter tragic kale: yellowed leaves, pale leaves, brown leaves, stinky kale.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Mish
Bihari, Marathi, Tamil, what’s the difference really? /s

Tangent activate:
OK, so the US census is weird about ethnicity. White and black are just that, but then there’s Indian, Chinese, Filipino, Chamorro, Mexican, etc. And pretty much anyone east of the Afghani Pakistani border is Asian and to the west is white. Tho there’s talk of getting a separate MENA category, seeing as they definitely aren’t treated very white here. It’s kind of a mess, but it was way worse when they started it. Progress?

As I understand it, Australia just leaves a blank space to write whatever. Is that so?

Podkayne Lives
Podkayne Lives

Hold on. Arabs plus other people including nonwhite Hispanics equals 1.1 billion people?

Two can play at that game. ‘Blacks’ plus ‘whites’ equals more than any other group, so white people are NOT a minority, they’re part of a global majority group I just made up by randomly combining them with some other people!

Podkayne Lives
Podkayne Lives

I am sorry for the children of JudgyBitch, especially for the daughter. Her mother will most probably transmit her internalized misogyny to her. So the potential the poor kid had that doesn’t revolves around kitchen work and raising children, will never be discovered by her.

How real, for lack of a better word, is this woman’s ideology? I mean, Phyllis Schlafly made a career of travelling around being a high-powered professional woman who told women to stay home and be homemakers.

Does this woman actually incorporate this nonsense into her life and her daughter’s, or is it just a schtick?

Podkayne Lives
Podkayne Lives

Why is the hero of white nationalists a goddamn pumpkin-american?

I used to say of John Boehner that Dr. King taught us to judge a man not by the color of his skin, but the content of his character, but that when the color of a man’s skin is orange, and he did it to himself on purpose, I think it can be considered an indicator of the content of his character.

Meonwara
Meonwara

@Catalpa

It gets worse. Once a white woman’s vagina becomes infused with all that dusky DNA, it has the power to infect, not only her unborn children, but also any snowy-white Alpha thoughtless enough to take the bait and follow the furrow. Succumbing to the sickly smell of a tarbrush-tainted vag could induce a pair of once-proud, golden testes to turn traitor and start producing miscegenous bastard sperm of their own. To extrapolate, any time a White Male so much as glances at one of these fallen women, He and the entirety of His Race are retroactively cucked with all the cucking of 1.4 billion swarthy cocks. It’s an inescapable matrix of cuck! Meanwhile, White Jesus and his mate Odin sit in Valhalla and weep pure tears of fire and blood. All for the love of white gold.

Did I miss anything? I’m angling for a ghostwriting gig at the ‘Chateau’.

The Lurker
The Lurker

Canadian here, we do have white supremacy groups here, although their main targets are the First Nations and (oddly enough) Ukranians. Also, they first sprang up in my home province of Saskatchewan and have spread out to Alberta and Manitoba. Just your fun fact of the day!

Remmet
Remmet

There’s been a crossbow killing in Toronto recently:

JB hasn’t been visiting, has she?

Ooglyboggles

@Remmet
With how many times she likes to mention human skin flaying, I wouldn’t call this her MO.

Podkayne Lives
Podkayne Lives

OK, I was not actually prepared for the number of hits to DIFFERENT crimes you get when you type ‘crossbow murder’ into Google. What the hell?

LittleLurker
LittleLurker

Holy fuck, no one has a right to my fucking body.

This. So. Fucking. Much.

On a personal as opposed to a political level, this is what gets to most me every time about JB and people like her. I am not a thing for others to use! Just causes incoherent rage for me, really.

@EJ

Thank you. I generally go with the first position, too.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

Policy of Madness
August 25, 2016 at 12:42 pm

I’m surprised no one said anything yet about how the chart refers to “ethnic minorities” but it is clearly addressing only race. It’s a breathtaking display of ignorance to lump all “Orientals” into one group and claim we’re discussing ethnicity.

Yeah, after all, for Asia, the Orient is America… (unless the earth is flat, arh arh ! … ok, not funny)

If Miss Hardy is so proud of white skin people, i am sure she can go and milit for this kind of white person.

About Isis-chan, yeah, she did not even try to look what it is. In my opinion, she was just thinking : “Let us appeal to my anilover fan base !” With great procrastination come great failures.
But maybe she should begin a new trend, like #IsisMoose or #IsisCaribou /s (Hello to our Quebec cousins !)

Women destroy children and men if they are allowed.

Well, men did not have waited to destroy children, women and other men. But i guess they do not need authorization…

One thing that is challenging me, if i am allowed to throw a pebble in the puddle, is why she uses “infidel” as an alias. Should not it be the “cuckingchick79” ?

Have a nice day.

EJ (The Other One)

@occasionalreader:
Here’s what I know about “infidel.”

A lot of people who’re active in movement atheism will self-identify as infidels. It’s a way to reclaim a slur and show solidarity with atheists who live in countries where publicly being an infidel is a criminal offence.

Sadly, given the white supremacism and Islamophobia that overlaps with movement atheism, that term seems to be spreading to non-godless white supremacists, who seem to be using it more as a (barely) coded phrase for “person who hates Muslims.”

Nequam
Nequam

@LSC: my mom still occasionally uses “Oriental” when she means “Asian”, but not out of malice; it was the term she’d grown up with. She’s pretty good about correcting herself though.

EJ (The Other One)

Off-topic science enthusiasm:

Check out this article in Nature. It’s kind of a big deal.

Short version: we found a potentially habitable planet very close to us.

Proxima b is a planet bigger than Earth which orbits a star much smaller than the Sun. Most exoplanets which we discover are like this, because it’s the easiest way to discover them. However, the exoplanet is barely bigger than Earth (only 1.3 Earth masses!) which means that spotting it is a milestone in planet hunting; and it’s close enough that we might be able to get much more information about it than we normally would. This could potentially be very interesting.

Notably, several badass women astronomers were involved in this, including Zaira Berdiñas, Sandra V. Jeffers and Cristina Rodriguez-López; and the authors list on the paper is full of people of colour, men and women. Andrea Hardie may believe that progress depends upon white men, but we would like to differ.

Snork Maiden
Snork Maiden

@Podkayne Lives,

in JB’s case, she’s making a virtue out of necessity. She did go to college, but found herself in the role of SAHM, and now makes out it’s what she wanted all along, and it’s what all other women should want to. Now while I have nothing but respect for SAHMs, it is utterly ridiculous to go around prescribing that or any other role for all women.

I’d say she’s full of it, given that a while back she was doing a PhD, but dropped out before the end. Not to mention her attempts at novel writing, and her excited at the one time she got to appear on television. JB desperately wants to ‘be somebody’, to the extent she’ll say anything that gets people looking in her direction.

Apologies if I seem to be armchair diagnosing, but I am not suggesting JB is mentally ill. I reckon she’s just frustrated and mean spirited, and lashing out without any regard for others.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

But I do wonder what kind of psychology (for want of a better term) makes a person (like JB and her followers) choose the wrong side of clear-cut arguments so consistently and forcefully.

I think it may be a variation of the “backfire effect”.

The effect described applies to people who already have strong views. However, I don’t think it’s stretching too far to see that people who hold a view that others object to might double down if they’re inclined to be defensive or self-righteous or otherwise super-sensitive to criticism or opposition.

A few years of doing that and they can paint themselves into a corner of their own devising.

@ EJ

I’m pretty excited about this too, but with those characteristics won’t it be tidal locked? Not that that’s necessarily inconducive to life, but it might complicate things. Also, doesn’t Proxima kick of massive X-Ray bursts every now and then? Again though, that might just mean all life there has superpowers.

I suspect that Earth type planets are quite common, but it’s just an observation bias at the moment that means we mainly hear about the very big ones. I subscribe to the theory that most solar systems will be ‘full’ so the chances of Earth like planets in the right place will be high; although it now looks like solar system formation is a rather more dynamic process than we originally thought so who knows.

As we are now mothballing a lot of nuclear warheads this would be a good time to dust off the plans for the Orion spacecraft. Let’s do some exploring.

LittleLurker
LittleLurker

@orion

That “intellectual safe-space” thing, what is that about? I did some googling and all I came up with seemed to be pretty one-sided articles for each side that seemed to be exaggerating.

I have quite a bit of experience with German university and I’ve never come across that here. What I found seemed a bit weird to be honest. I mean, over here I would say respect and consideration of students’ feelings is normal. And at the same time no-one would “forbid” anyone from saying anything in class. Which is unneccessary, too, because if they say something shitty, they will be torn to shreds by profs and students alike.

What I found about calming, comforting rooms for upset students seems like a very good idea, why would someone be against that? Trigger warnings, too. If someone sees it and thinks it might trigger them, they don’t have to attend the class… Or are there bad consequences for grades in such cases in the U.S? Here you would just go to the professor and they’d help you find some solution. Or if you’re triggered during a discussion, you can always say so and either leave or people will incorporate your experience in the discussion as a valuable point… How can that not be happening?

Oh, and concerning “controversial” speakers? Of course they get invited… And have to deal with a whole campus full of angry, protesting students. And others (including profs) flaying them alive during the debate of their “points”. Those who say they’re upset or triggered are always supported/protected by other students.

I mean, this just seems to me as if that dean writing about “no trigger warnings” and “intellectual safe spaces” just…I don’t know. Either he has a wrong picture of what people are actually asking for, which seems to be consideration and respect, or he misrepresents it intentionally (“Oh no, debate is forbidden at universities!”) to…start a fight. What’s happening there? And I really need to check whether there maybe are some of those rules in effect at my university. But as I said, it isn’t really noticable here that there is any kind of problem in either direction, so I really don’t understand the issue. But if everyone gets so upset, there has to be something to it, which I’m not getting, so maybe someone familiar with American universities can explain? As usual, only if you feel it’s not too much of a burden, though.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

@Alan, gathering samphire? Dreadful trade.

Respects and salutations to the Mammotheers.

occasional reader
occasional reader

> EJ
Ah, indeed, you are right, it fits better the character. Infidel linked to the faith. I was thinking about the one linked to love. Well, there are a lot of meaning to this word, so it is confusing.

> about the new planet :
Good ! We lack of space to test powerful weapons. This planet will do !

Moggie
Moggie

Proxima b is exciting and depressing at the same time.

It’s right in our back yard! But…

Even the James Webb Space Telescope won’t be able to image it. Maybe the European Extremely Large Telescope? But that won’t be in use until 2024, if we’re lucky.

We could just send a probe! Except… space is big. Really big. If Voyager 1, launched in 1977, were headed that way (it’s not), it would take many thousands of years to get there.

There’s a project, Breakthrough Starshot, to build tiny “light sail” probes which would be accelerated to a substantial fraction of the speed of light. But there are huge challenges involved, they’re not expecting to launch anything for twenty years yet, and at the speeds they’re planning the journey will take at least twenty years. So, I won’t be around to see the results.

For anyone brought up on space opera – or just anyone who was enthralled by the Apollo programme as a kid, as I was – being stuck on this rock is kind of a bummer. I want to hitch a ride on a GSV and pop over there for a look!

@ opposable thumbs

I get confused over samphire. We’re told not to pick the regular kind round here because it needs to grow or something; but we can pick rock samphire (which is apparently different).

There are a few test places growing one or other of them though to make bio-diesel (Cornwall is a bit of a hub for alternative energy stuff) so maybe I should hop over the fence there?

Mish
Mish

@ Axe – ssshh! Don’t mention the census for the foreseeable future, ok? We had a little bit of controversy over privacy, given new data retention rules

And then, after weeks of heated debate, on Census night the website … crashed.

It’s been a disaster all round. Except for the funny memes and tweets, that is.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Oh, I thought seakale and samphire were two different names for the same plant – shows what I nkoe abaot plants (ie Not Much). Ah well, so you don’t get doubly shakespeared on account of your activities after all, then (I was thinking, lawyer who also gathers samphire) 😉

Proxima b is yet another nudge in the direction of thinking that Earth is a common type of planet, yes? So it’s like a slight nudge towards the likelihood of life (both general and the subset “smart”) being around in other places in the universe. Except that the unimaginable distances and no FtL probably mean no contact ever …

@ opposable thumbs

You can use sea kale roots a bit like samphire, as a sort of asparagus alternative (but you can also use the leaves, they’re sort of cabbage/spinach)

Are you good at Shakespeare? I’m trying to locate a quote about lawyers and how they “sport” in court but are friends outside.

(There’s a good theory that Shakespeare was a lawyer’s clerk and that’s where he picked up all the in-jokes about the profession)

Alan Robertshaw

@ opposable thumbs (again)

Except that the unimaginable distances

Deep space isn’t that far. It’s only a 40 minute drive; if your car could go straight up.

~ Fred Hoyle

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@LittleLurker
Massive TLDR incoming:
The trigger warning hysteria is, as you say, nonsense. People who don’t like being confronted with the fact that others have feelings

The ‘intellectual safe space’ thing is a bit trickier. It’s a 2 part issue
1)Free speech is under attack if ideas, even repulsive ideas, aren’t allowed to be expressed openly
2)College, the place for intellectual pursuit, can’t exclude the expression of ideas, even repulsive ideas, lest the minds of the students, and of society as a whole, stagnate from never being challenged

That all seems reasonable, except it fundamentally misunderstands the issue. Having your speech protested isn’t a slight against the Right of Free Expression. That’s the reason that right exists, to combat expression with expression, to have a (relatively) peaceful avenue to settle disputes. Nobody protests a Sam Harris speech, cos they don’t wanna hear what he has to say. They’ve heard what he has to say, and are expressing their displeasure. Free speech
Additionally, the anti safe space people run into a logical problem. Why is it only a free speech violation to be disinvited from speaking? I’ve never been asked to speak at anything. Are my rights taken away? Their entire argument rests on the idea that the ideas of Yiannopolous, Dawkins, Hirsi Ali, etc are more worthy than everyone else’s. Their entitled to be given a platform, and, if you refuse to give it or take it back once given, you’re oppressing them

The 2nd point suffers from what I call the Participation Trophy Effect. I don’t know if you have it over there, but people over here are obsessed with participation trophies. Children are rewarded not for winning the game but for trying their best regardless of outcome. This sends certain people into a frothing rage about the decadence of the youth. How will the next generation accomplish anything if their drive to succeed isn’t reinforced by lionizing victory in competition? It’s all hypocritical anyway. Adam Conover (smarty pants comedian) has a joke: If you wanna see an older person’s participation trophy, take a look at his ‘World’s Greatest Dad’ coffee mug
The younger generation is forced to be the paragons the older generation never was. There was a time, not too long ago, when daring to have the repulsive idea that people should be treated equally was tantamount to treason. The bigots and their ideas weren’t marginalized by scholarly debate. Those people’s kids simply refused to listen to their bullshit and made friends based on personality rather than color
This isn’t science, we’re not debating the particulars of ethical frameworks. Hateful people are expecting the next generation to put up with their bullshit. As if getting past their parents’ white vs black issues makes their Islam vs ‘the West’ issues acceptable. Fuck that shit. We didn’t stagnate before, and we aren’t now

Shorter version: the kids are alright. This is all just entitlement, lack of compassion, and intergenerational malice masquerading as concern for the students and society

And sorry if that didn’t make much sense. I was going train of thought, and some of it came out a bit disjointed

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Swiss cheese memory, good for random snippets but full of holes – lawyers sporting in court doesn’t ring any bells, sorry 🙁

A 40 minute drive gets us well outside the earth’s atmosphere, I guess, but I imagine interstellar distances let alone intergalactic will take a little longer. So chances of talking to the neighbours are a bit slim even if the cosmic neigbourhood were to turn out to be (relatively) teeming :-/

Is the thought that there are probably other self-interrogating/learning/exploring/working-things-out life-forms around, but that we will all eventually go extinct without ever having had any contact, wonderful or sad or both?

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

I apologise for interrupting the spacetastic conversation with a mini rant.

One of my emerging problems with the BBC is its tendency to avoid calling out bullshit in the name of ‘neutrality’, or treating its peddlers with the same respect it gives people who are, y’know, reasonable. Example: the Brexit referendum, where it would compare the opinions of a widely recognised expert with a sideline crank from UKIP that had no experience in the topic of discussion. It would describe the statement of a 350million per week EU membership fee as “contested” rather than completely wrong, which is what that statement really was.

This article on the internet alt-right takes the fucking cake.

“Critics say” “the movement is accused of” “this person combats it with”. No actual report on the awfulness of the alt right, it treats it like some sort of emerging movement that has a level of justification or respectability. I can barely begin to describe what an epic failure of journalism it is. You have to read it to believe it.

Fuck you, BBC. Fuck you and your pansy-ass style of reporting. While other media outlets are the ones expressing hate and for lack of a better word, evil, you sure as shit are helping to enable them. Fuck. You.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Mish
*shrug* Over here, personal census data is always kept. It’s released to the public after 72 years after it’s recorded (when the law was made, 72 years was above female life expectancy). Never really thought about it before. That is pretty shady. Especially since life expectancy keeps rising

@ opposable thumbs

My gut feeling is that life will be ubiquitous, anywhere there’s liquid water at least. However I think complex multicellular life might be much rarer and intelligent life very rare, if not unique.

I subscribe to the rare earth hypothesis. I also don’t see any particular evolutionary advantage in intelligence (especially when compared to the trade-offs necessary to achieve that).

If we manage to clock up the 180 million year history of dinosaurs or the even longer presence of sharks and crocodiles I might revise my opinion. But until then I’m sticking with my view that the best evolutionary feature is big pointy teeth.

TL:DR Someone has to be the first intelligence species, I think it might be us.

kupo
kupo

@Axe
Unless I’m misunderstanding the specific context, a safe space at a college is usually just a room/club where students can go to not have to listen to bigotry. I just graduated college and pretty much every class I was in had some whiny-ass privileged guy complaining about something in an extremely offensive way. Or there was the guy I actually used SJW as an insult to describe, who made sure to explain to all the women and people of color in the room, at length, how hard we have it while getting most of the facts distorted (at least the facts around women’s experiences were distorted and I assume the same for POC). Having a place people can go to not have to listen to that shit doesn’t attack free speech in any way.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@kupo
Was I unclear? I feared I might be. Lemme try again
A safe space is exactly as you describe it. I’d likely have no use for one, but I accept the need for them and I applaud those that set them up. Having a place to avoid the toxicity for a little while must feel like a godsend

The asshole interpretation of a safe space, sometimes called an ‘intellectual safe space’, is a boogeyman created by idiots to poke fun at those who choose not to hafta deal with their bullshit. It conjures up images of, well, look at the picture on Sargon’s stupid petition. You’re supposed to welcome bigots as intellectual sparring partners. You’re supposed to, as a recent troll put it, engage their ideas. Even when those ideas are outright hateful, even if they’re just talking at or past you, you’re meant to calmly debate them (with the understanding that you’ll agree wholeheartedly by the end, or you’re dishonest). Don’t call them hateful, or you’re just using SJW rhetoric to stifle conversation

Except it’s not a physics debate over the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics. Milo Y isn’t merely a dialectic opponent. He is actively hurting people. If students wanna protest his speech at their school, that’s not close mindedness. And if they wanna go somewhere to destress afterwards, that’s not running away from his ideas

Not only is there no rights violation involved in either the space or the ‘space’, but there’s also no apocalypse coming as a result of people choosing not to listen to your stupid ideas

Hopefully that came across better. It’s a way bigger topic than it has any right to be, so I might say somethings the wrong way :/

Edit: picture was fuckin up, so I got rid of it. Google exists

Patricia Kayden
Patricia Kayden

@Souriquois,

Thanks for that link to the anti-racist Canadian blog. Great reading. I grew up in Canada but have to admit that I wasn’t aware that there were so many (small) active, organized racist groups up there. Perhaps because I lived in the very multicultural Toronto suburbs, that all went over my head.

pitshade
pitshade

@Alan

TL:DR Someone has to be the first intelligence species, I think it might be us.

Or at least we are working towards it, albeit slowly.

EJ (The Other One)

@sunnysombrera:

That is all.

@ pitshade

Or at least we are working towards it, albeit slowly.

I like to think my role is putting a bit of a brake on that; in case there’s that ‘Great Barrier’ thing.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

Hearing people talk about “safe spaces” and “trigger warnings” and the like makes my blood boil.

Not because I think they’re bad, it’s because they’re fundamental components of maintaining your health and happiness, and human culture has always had them. There’s always been places people can go to escape harassment or unpleasantness, and including one in ones’ place of study or work is just basic human decency. “Trigger warnings” are just not being an asshole to people. Everyone has different levels of tolerance for certain subjects – I sure don’t like to talk about certain things out of the blue. Since when is it unreasonable to give a bit of warning?

It’s the same old tired petulance from whiny patriarchs that don’t like their authority being challenged. “You will sit there and listen to my rant, young lady, and you will not complain!”

Ugh, these people.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko

@sunnysombrera

Fuck you and your pansy-ass

Hey ! 🙁

More seriously, yeah. “Neutrality” is the worst thing that ever happened to journalism. While I do recognize why it’s important to leave room for opposing ideas, I don’t get how experienced journalists might mistake that for giving the same amount of credit to any and all bullshit.

On the other hand, the “liberal biased media” is enabling those morons. Can you say aye-roh-nee ?

@ sinkable john et al

An issue with the BBC is that, by Charter, it has to be ‘impartial’. There has of course been a lot of debate about what that means. Especially with, for example, climate change.

*Scientist gives full explanation with evidence as to global warming*

Random bloke: “It was a bit chilly today”

It is a bit silly. I do some occasional things on our local BBC radio. The presenter covered a story about a horse being rescued from a mine shaft, interviewed one of the fire fighters, and made some heartwarming comments. I pointed out that under the rules I should put forward the case for having left it down there.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko

@Alan

Random bloke: “It was a bit chilly today”

Didn’t Sarah Palin totally disprove global warming using a thermometer and saying “it’s pretty cold today” ? (You betcha, she lives in goddamn Alaska !)

By the way it’s around 40°C around here. Ergo, global warming is real. Troll tactics work both ways.

Edit : I managed to spell it “global warNing”. Twice. The ice cap isn’t the only thing that’s melting.

Weatherwax
Weatherwax

RE impartiality

I’m thinking on the go here, so apologies if I go off piste, but isn’t the problem with impartiality when it leaves the realm of opinion and enters the realm of fact. No matter how much global warming deniers hate it, there is consensus amongst the experts. So, when a climate scientist is on the news, s/he is there to give expert information.

With the Italian earthquake, I’ve heard umpteen interviews with people working to help the rescue effort. They are there to give their unique perspective, just like the scientist above. There’s no need to scramble about for someone who isn’t helping with the rescue effort, or thinks it should be done in a different way, to give “balance”.

I’m losing my thread a bit. Hopefully that isn’t too rambly.

Fabe
Fabe

Oh yeah,Palin is totally right about the global warming thing. It’s just like the Myth about people starving,it can’t be true because today I ate. I mean if I have food then I guess everybody else on the planet must have food too.

kupo
kupo

@Axe
Gotcha. I thought you were saying an actual safe space was as described. Also, I hadn’t had coffee yet on reading that so it’s probably not that you were unclear. 😛

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

That’s pretty much my problem with the article I linked plus other BBC gaffs. “Critics of the alt-right call them racist trolls.” They are racist trolls!

And hell, if we’re talking full impartiality, where’s the interviewee combating what Davies said about SJWs? Come on now Beeb, at least be consistent.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@kupo

Nah, I assumed it went without saying that safe spaces aren’t the devil. Judging by everyone still up in arms about their existence, I suppose I should say it more often *smiley shrug*

EJ (The Other One)

@sunnysombrera:

I shall not praise the BBC’s spinelessness, but I shall say this: the thing about the BBC’s spinelessness, in my opinion, is that it’s often quite a good weathervane for what the Overton Window is amongst the political establishment. They were, for example, pretty one-sidedly against the Tottenham Riots of 2011 despite the existence of popular support for the rioters, because this was outside of what the establishment considered acceptable.

This leads me to suspect that there are people in power who either believe, or wish to appear to believe, that the alt-Right is an acceptable political movement.

It’s rare that one sees a rat board a sinking ship.