"ethics" a near for men a voice for men antifeminism antifeminist women cassie jaye dan perrins Dean Esmay drama kings men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW milo misogynoir misogyny MRA pandering paul elam post contains jokes post contains sarcasm red pill reddit

The Red Pill “Documentary” will be showing at a place, and another place, pretty soon

Pursuing solo careers
Pursuing solo careers

Good news everyone! “The Red Pill,” Cassie Jaye‘s long-promised documentary about A Voice for Men that was partly funded by people involved with AVFM and also to a much greater degree by Milo Yiannopoulos fans who want to stick it to feminism, will soon be hitting theaters!

Well, two theaters, in October.

CHECKMATE, FEMINISM!!!1!

The feeling of excitement is palpable at the We Hunted the Mammoth headquarters, though admittedly all of it involves one small cat who for some reason likes to RUN AROUND THE APARTMENT AT BREAKNECK SPEEDS after she poops, and none of it (the excitement, not the poop) involves the A Voice for Men Promo Reel Red Pill documentary at all.

But I can only imagine how excited the general public will be about the film. I mean who wouldn’t be THRILLED by the prospect of seeing a film centered around footage of a three-year-old total failure of a men’s rights rally that seems to have involved a little more than thirty people, with maybe half of them being rally organizers and other AVFM “staffers.”

FUN FACT: In the three years since that “historic” RALLY OF THE CENTURY most of the better-known AVFMers at the rally have ceased to be AVFMers. They quit the band, in other words, and are now pursuing highly unsuccessful solo careers.

In case you can’t read my SUPER LEGIBLE pic above with all the red text on it, here are the highlights, going from left to right, with some helpful links to posts of mine on them.

Nick Reading of Men’s Rights Edmonton … seems to have nothing to do with AVFM any more. I don’t know the details.

Dean Esmay quit AVFM, for reasons that are still unclear, and since then has kept quite busy on Twitter and on YouTube, calling women the c-word; calling feminist women of color “Aunt Jemimahs” [sic]; threatening to literally spit in the faces of some of his MGTOW enemies, and offering helpful gardening tips.

Paul Elam, seen in the pic modeling a very fashionable “I Heart FTSU [F*cking Their Sh*t Up]” t-shirt, just up and quit the men’s rights movement, stepping down as AVFM’s publisher (sort of ) and declaring himself a “former MRA” (kind of). He moved on to his next moneymaking venture, A Near For Men — sorry, An Ear for Men — which involves charging dudes $90 an hour to talk to him on Skype. No, really. His Ear for Men videos and posts, which all seem to end up on AVFM, are pretty much the same sort of crap he used to post there.

And then there’s Attila Vinczer. Hoo boy. Vinczer, formerly AVFM’s “Activism Director,” quit the site in a huff, sending fellow MRAs what I described at the time as “a bitter 8-page ‘Dear Paul’ letter full of accusations and invective and enough self-pity to fill a conference hall.” Then, logging back into his old “editor” account on AVFM, he posted a 4600-word screed attacking Elam, on Elam’s own site. It was deleted, but not before someone — who might have been me, I don’t remember — archived it!

Good times.

Actually, if the Red Pill film gets into this stuff, it might end up being worth watching.

If not, well, it should be a very exciting documentary about people who don’t actually do anything about the problems they claim are all-important, and then give up because activism is hard even if you don’t actually engage in anything that could really be called activism.

Over on AVFM, though, the locals are feeling pretty chuffed.

MGTOW-man has high hopes for the film and some thoughts about my underpants.

For most of my life I have wondered why can’t just one person, or one group, or one voice in mainstream television/communications with the real truth to tell make it into the big mainstream discussion to blurt out the lies being told? Why is it that every single time those speaking never are one of “us” who have nothing but truth to tell?

I hope this movie changes this. No wonder Futrell nearly soiled his undies. He knows the feminist bullies may have just shyt and fell in it …with it finally being in plain sight for the larger population to see.

Ray24, leaning heavily on the Milo Yiannopoulos catchphrase “Feminism is Cancer,” has more measured expecations.

[C]ancer has proven difficult to cure and I have my doubts that the societal cancer of radical feminism will be any easier to get rid of. Still, we have to keep working to find cures for killer diseases like cancer and feminism. I wonder which has caused the most pain & suffering & death, cancer or feminism? :-/

Shrek6 is a bit more confident about the feminism-slaying capabilities of the as-yet-unseen documentary:

I bet the bitches or was that ‘witches?’ Nevertheless, the bitches of East-wick, will do all they can to disrupt the public viewing of this movie.

Seriously though. If this movie is 100% balanced, level, fair and dinky die honest smack down the middle, it will still be a mortal blow to feminism.

On the Men’s Rights subreddit, the reaction has been a bit more mixed, but some of the regulars have given themselves permission to dream big.

Imnotmrabut thinks the film could have a big impact on the presidential election — and beyond!

I’m sure that it’s release prior to November will Stir up quite a set of questions for All Presidential candidates, in the media and leave many voters wondering about new questions.

It will also act as a Thorn in the next US president’s side for their first term, and I’m sure it will be delightfully painful for all in politics. Why worry abut just an election when you can have 4 years of the best show in town and some real ass kicking all for free!

EricAllonde, meanwhile, is looking forward to what he sees as the inevitable FEMINIST RIOTS.

If you remember the feminist riots on campus that we saw for people like Warren Farrell, Milo or even Christina Hoff Sommers – the level of violence by feminists trying to block a screening of this film would be multiple times greater. That would provide fantastic publicity for the film.

Note to anyone thinking about maybe blocking a screening of the film, please don’t. It would provide fantastic publicity for the film.

I, in turn, will do my best to ignore the film. After all, there are more important things to focus on between now and November. We have a Trump to beat.

H/T — r/againstmensrights

Margaret Pless
Margaret Pless

Hey, New York – that’s where I live.

Maybe I’ll see a showing, if it doesn’t cost too much.

Kootiepatra

MGTOW-man must have a definition of “mainstream television/communications” that I am unfamiliar with.

Tulse
Tulse

Well, at least I learned a new phrase: “dinky die honest”.

I think I’ll try slipping this into my work conversations to give them that Little Rascals feel. “But gosh, Ms. CEO ma’am, the IT project’s late ‘cuz the other teams haven’t finished their deliverables — dinky die honest!”

Alex Liddell

The funniest part is they picked the worst time to release the film, anybody who would have kicked up a fuss about the movie are too busy watching the better marketed and more hilarious Hilary’s America. Their shitty shockumentary thunder has already been stolen.

Supermeerkat
Supermeerkat

I wonder if this the be as funny as the Magnus Opus of professor skull and bathtub boy?

runsinbackground
runsinbackground

Makes me think of a book I read once, called “Beaucoup Dinky Dau, Very Crazy G. I.”, a collection of war stories from the Vietnam War. “Dinky dau” is apparently the way the Viet word for crazy sounds to Americans.

Moggie
Moggie

Let’s hope it wins an award at Cannes. No, not that Cannes: the other one.

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

I’m a documentary junkie, and I kind of want to see this.

Presumably it’ll go to video, er, streaming rather quickly. I can wait.

Moggie
Moggie

There’s always a “mortal blow to feminism” just around the corner, isn’t there? Yep, any day now!

When was the last time a low-budget documentary film destroyed a major worldwide movement?

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I want to know why Imnotmrabut capitalized really random words. Like Stir and Thorn. Maybe it’s some sooper seekrit man code devised in case feminist spies read their posts? Then again, maybe it’s just the manosphere commitment to never being clear and concise that we all know and love so much.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Who’s everyone’s favorite former AVFMer? Attila holds a special place in my heart because of the bitchin’ men’s conference commemorative coin.

Link for those who are too new to remember that

Josh
Josh

@WTH

I used to do that all the time (captitalizing random words), for reasons I still can’t ever really explain.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Josh,

I’m still guessing it’s secret red pill man code because that’s funnier 🙂

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

If Star Wars VII losing $2 1/2m (actually didn’t, but not the point) off of a $2b return was a might blow, and if Ghostbusters 3 doing fine business domestically is evidence of feminist failure, how much money will this hafta make to be a success?
Trick question, 9 people could see the premiere, and it’d still be called the greatest cinematic achievement of our time. Ho hum…

@Moggie
Speaking of Cannes

Josh
Josh

@WTH

Fair enough. 😀

Latte Cat
Latte Cat

Do they genuinely believe it’s going to be this massive revolutionary hit they claim it to be? Why am I even asking. You feel a bit sorry for them. Almost.

Eva Vavoom

I created an actual men’s issue advocacy project this summer and I can’t even get a MRA person to read it. Like it’s way too much text for them. I had previously suspected that David is the only guys that actually reads and understands the content in the manosphere. Paul Elam distanced himself from AVFM by creating ‘An Ear for Men’ which sounds like a better concept. But the comments are always 90% “Bitch is the new witch” kinda stuff, whatever the content. I do not understand the prospect of rendering your entire existence to the opposition of femalehood as your own definition of malehood when it is marketers that control what these two gender constructs mean on any given day. Anyhow, I posted a comment on the trailer. I might actually be around to see this in New York or Los Angeles.

Moggie
Moggie

When it bombs, I hope they don’t take it out on Cassie Jaye.

pitshade
pitshade

It’s already a strong favorite at Cannedfest!

Viscaria
Viscaria

Cancer. It’s cancer. People die of cancer. Nobody dies of feminism. Happy to help.

kupo
kupo

So, I haven’t finished reading yet, but had to comment on this:

Mine does this, too! Why do they do that? It baffles me. Of course, she also runs at top speed from the living room to the bedroom, then stops and stares at the closet. Maybe she’s busting ghosts.

Kat
Kat

Can’t wait! — for someone else to see it and tell us all about it.

The popcorn’s waiting to be popped. (Should I sprinkle brewer’s yeast on top? Salted butter? Unsalted butter? I have two months to decide.)

Robyn blanpied
Robyn blanpied

We used to lock men like this in monasteries.
With vows of silence. They got to wear floor length dresses all the time.
Good times.

Kat
Kat

Dude, the patriarchy causes pain and suffering and death. Feminism? That’s how I saved my own life.

dreemr
dreemr

David I hope you don’t ignore this Mighty Opus forever, I am very much looking forward to your take-down of it! (And to hbomberguy’s take-down, if he does one, crosses fingers).

Eitan rosen
Eitan rosen

I was not aware mainstream means just two movie theatres.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

I’m curious – how often do we need to recalibrate the feminist radar to pick up on this sort of glorious MGTOW magnum opus?

Button
Button

While I get that your legibility quip was self-deprecating, I would appreciate it if you’d use a black outline around your letters when writing on images. Just because MRA image macros are terrible doesn’t mean yours have to be terrible.

Also, I love how some idiot thinks this is going to get the attention of the presidential campaigns. Yeeahhh, right.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

I find it interesting that Jaye spent so much time and effort desperately trying to drum up controversy, harassing David, threatening all sorts of nonsense… And then she just fell silent. Did she realise that trying to provoke us into going after her was futile, or that her “Research” was turning up nothing and her hit piece won’t have anything to hit?

(Though I’m surprised she hadn’t just run off with the money. That’s usually how these things end.)

David

Wow, two theatres! That’s a big jump from Sarkeesian Effect’s record of having more people who were in it than who have seen it.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

Boycotting this film worldwide will no doubt lose them billions of dollars, just like their boycotts of Ghostbusters, Mad Max and Star Wars lost billions of dollars for Universal, Sony and Disney!
The revolution draws nigh!
(And then I woke up and it was all a dream….)

dustwolves
dustwolves

Well, if you can’t make movies, you can at least make movie titles I guess: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/feministamovie

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

I had a look at that commemorative coin thing, it looks like a condom, a rolled up one out of the packet, with maybe a splurge of sperm above it.

Theresa
Theresa

Please do NOT protest this movie.

RosieLa
RosieLa

“shyt in undies?”

Lea
Lea

Has anyone else seen Documentary Now on Netflix?
They are spoofs of famous documentaries and they’re hilarious.

I know this documentary won’t ever qualify for the Documentary Now treatment, but I wish would. Fred Armiston would make a fantastic spoof Paul Elam.

ColeYote
ColeYote

I am reminded of The Sarkeesian Effect. GG idiots and MRAs talking about how it was totally going to be the death blow to feminism and whatnot, and then the debut attracted a crowd of 9 people. Including the “director.” I think we ended up giving more of a shit about it than the people who funded it.

ColeYote
ColeYote

Yeah, I think someone forgot to tell her the “supah-edgy controversy” marketing tactic only works if it’s fresh in people’s minds when it actually releases. This is the first I’ve heard from this project in like 6 months.

Bina

There’s a good explanation for cats doing that, but so far, none for anyone getting excited about anything to do with the Red Pillocks.

Dean Esmay quit AVFM, for reasons that are still unclear, and since then has kept quite busy on Twitter and on YouTube, calling women the c-word; calling feminist women of color “Aunt Jemimahs” [sic]; threatening to literally spit in the faces of some of his MGTOW enemies, and offering helpful gardening tips.

If his gardening tips are anything like his “advice” to feminists (and any man who dares offend him), his plants must all be wilted and rotten. I feel sorry for them.

Because Pillocks’ “nothing but truth” is more full of shit than a constipated bull elephant? Just a random guess.

Buhhhh, I dunno…why don’t you ask an oncologist? I’m sure THEY could tell you.

As for me, I’ve had a cancer scare recently (a lobular breast lesion, which was removed, that turned out to be benign), and frankly, feminism helped me face the whole process without fear, self-loathing, or shame. That’s not what cancer does, is it?

I bet they’ll yawn, laugh at all the rubes, and then go back to their regularly scheduled bonbon munching.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

They really don’t care about men and boys do they? And no Feminism doesn’t kill people like cancer does, Patriarchy and Misognyistic Rapey A-holes do.

Moggie
When it bombs, I hope they don’t take it out on Cassie Jaye.

They will, it’s always a woman’s fault.

Bina

Sending Love and hugs to ya ❤️

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

As someone who identifies as both a “bitch” and a “witch”, I do not give a single solitary fuck about your little movie beyond the lulz it will generate.

You can pull yourself down from the cross now, dear. Gleeful Martyrdom isn’t a good look for anyone.

Ooglyboggles

@PI
The funny part is them thinking that two theaters makes a cult classic on par with Brazil and John Wick. Last time I checked none of them look like they watched an Animal Planet Documentary. If they did, maybe they could have learned from those films and get THREE theaters to play their movie.

Loquora
Loquora

MRAs are like Wile E Coyote, they’re always one Acme purchase away from taking down those crafty feminists. I hope no one paints a tunnel to one of the two theaters playing this on a solid wall.

EJ (The Other One)

Who’s everyone’s favorite former AVFMer?

Mine would have to be Kristina “Woolybumblebee” Hansen. That’s partially because of the sheer chaos created during her departure, and partially because she subsequently made attacks against both Milo Yiannopoulos and Carl Benjamin.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

@Kupo

Clearly your cat knows that the closet is a portal for monsters, and simply lacks the opposable thumbs to open the door so as to battle the monsters lurking inside there! To save you from the closet-monsters!

Kat
Kat

[I]t involves one small cat who for some reason likes to RUN AROUND THE APARTMENT AT BREAKNECK SPEEDS after she poops.

I thought it was just my cat! She’s missing a leg, so it’s hard for her to navigate the whole pooping thing. (She never covers her poop, for instance.)

When poop gets stuck to her fur, she flies out of the cat box closet like a bat outta hell. I think that she’s trying to shake the poop off.

Kat
Kat

@Bina

Hugs if you want them. I’m so glad that the lesion proved to be benign.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Oogly
MRA John Wick is the saddest thing I’ve ever heard of…

Gert
Gert

One cannot but intensely hope Davis Aurini is involved, for that extra F*CKED UP effect.

Maybe he can once again explain the Holocaust didn’t really happen/well, happened a bit, sort of/kind of/maybe/probably involved “Feminazis” somewhere.

1 2 3 5