antifeminism evil sexy ladies imaginary oppression incoherent rage lying liars men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny reddit

Top Ten Tips for Women From Men Who Hate Them

Tip top advice from Viz
That one about marrying a queen might actually work

Viz magazine is famous for its surreal and deliberately useless “Top Tips.”

An empty aluminium cigar tube filled with angry wasps makes an inexpensive vibrator.

Olympic athletes. Disguise the fact that you’ve taken steroids by running a bit slower.

The similarly surreal and useless fellows who populate the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit have decided to have a go at the advice thing themselves. A post there today asks the question: “If you could give women one piece of advice, without being crucifed, what would it be?”

The assembled MGTOWs have happily provided dozens of answers. Unlike Viz’ Top Tips, though, their little nuggets are funny only by accident. Also, most of the “advice” is not so much advice as it is a random misogyny-dump onto the internet.

That said, here are my picks for the Top Ten Tips for Women From Men Who Hate Them.

Get a goddamn hobby, something that requires effort and intelligence and builds character. I am so sick of reality TV addicts whose only real interests are complaining about a world they didn’t earn.

Pot, Kettle — have you two met? Yelling about women online is not a “hobby … that requires effort and intelligence and builds character.” Take up something more worthwhile and less embarrassing, like subscribing to magazines you never get around to reading and letting them pile up for years, a hobby I used to enjoy in pre-everything-is-on-the-internet days.

Also, dude, how many worlds have you personally “earned” anyway?

Deleting fakebook, instaslut, or myfake will improve your “personality”

Wait. People still use MySpace?

Make yourself useful in areas that don’t involve sex.

This might have been a tad more persuasive if it hadn’t come from someone who has proven himself completely useless as a human being by posting on the MGTOW subreddit.

Grow up, and take responsibility for your own emotions you goddamn overgrown parasitic, entitled infants.

This one is also a teensy bit ironic, given that it was offered by the highly emotional compulsive liar John the Other — remember him? That is, a man who doesn’t seem to take responsibility for anything he says.

Feminism is 100% complete fraud, ALL of it. From the very beginning 50 years ago. Everything you think you know about gender is wrong, so is most of what you think about the world at all. Men are not oppressing women or holding them back. We’ve rolled out the red carpet for you, yet you’re lazy, not all that bright, no ambition, too cowardly and too whiny with no real interests in anything productive anyway. The only one holding you back is yourself.

This is not technically advice, just a bunch of random angry wrongness.

There’s 3,5 billion of you. You’re nothing.

If you think 3.5 billion women and girls is “nothing,” you try fitting even a billion of them into a summer rental on Cape Cod.

Also, there are slightly more men in the world than women, so does this mean that they’re, I dunno, slightly more nothing?

Suck my [deleted] and get lost.

Yeah, I don’t think that one is going to happen for you, champ

Do you realize that in the grand scale of evolution, progress and civilization, women contributed almost nothing compared to men?

I don’t realize that, partly because it’s not true.

If you want to be truly physically, psychologically and spiritually happy, strive to learn how critically important it is to set your emotions and feelings aside while unrelentingly seeking out and attending to TRUTH, FACTS and and irrefutable INFORMATION, even when it makes you uncomfortable to do so (this is where you’ll find out just how coddled and spoiled women are and have been compared to men).

Of course, knowing you’re intractably ingrained with a toddler’s lack of attention, accountability, responsibility and emotional control, we both know offering you the aforementioned nugget of wisdom is a complete waste of time.

Yes, the guy telling you in two rambling paragraphs to set your emotions aside is pounding out angry misogynistic screeds on the internet that intermittently break out in ALL CAPS.

The more people you have sex with, the less interested I am in a relationship with you.

This may be the only bit of actually useful advice for women in the bunch, offering a handy technique that women can use to avoid being pestered quite so often by woman-hating men who still want to have sex with the women they hate. The women in question don’t even have to have sex with a lot of people if they don’t want to; printing up a batch of business cards saying “I’ve had sex with lots of people,” even if you haven’t, should also do the trick.

Possibly. I’m not sure these guys are all that good at taking a hint. I mean, they call their movement “Men Going Their Own Way” but it seems pretty clear that not a single one of them has gone anywhere.

Wannabe Superstar

@weirwood What is a “sad boner”?

Sascha Vykos
Sascha Vykos

I’m so tired of this false dichotomy. Emotions bad, logic good! As if the two don’t exist simultaneously in, well, pretty much every human ever, at least to varying degrees.

We’ve evolved both and they are not mututally exclusive. There are also times in life that to be “truly happy” (whatever the fuck that means), you need to set aside logic (or “TRUTH, FACTS”) in order to deal with people.

TRUTH, FACT: people are not always logical.
COROLLARY 1: Telling them this does not always make the situation better, even if you are right.
COROLLARY 2: Very, very few things in life are “IRREFUTABLE”, including “TRUTH, FACTS”.

Sorry with the caps lol I can’t help but mock 🙂

Anyway, I think the real truth here is that this man’s embrace of toxic masculinity has emotionally and logically stunted him and the price he gets to pay for that is being a lonely, sad, asshole on the internet who needs to blame others for his own failings. The target in this screed is women, but I bet in his actual life it’s everyone around him. With this childish attitude, propensity for sweeping and shallow generalization, and complete ignorance of how other people actually work, I find it difficult to imagine he is even capable of having healthy relationships with other people. Like maybe ever in his life.

That is sad. Not so sad that I won’t mock because he’s going the extra mile into asshole territory, but it is sad.

calmdown
calmdown

@IP

“Go do something you hate, it builds character!”

This is my favorite Calvin and Hobbs strip ever. Thanks for that. 🙂 Can you imagine these guys trying to get their children advice? I truly hope they won’t reproduce.

Blackrising
Blackrising

@calmdown

Reproducing would require them to get close to an actual, real-life, breathing woman and I’m starting to think they’d break out in hives the moment they are forced to have contact with any woman that doesn’t embody that weird feminist horror image they’ve cooked up in their heads.

That, or they’d melt.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

Vile advert again from Renta!
I’m trying to lose weight, but could it be he’s a chubby chaser?!

Thiazin red
Thiazin red

@ Paradoxical Intention

I would bet a large amount of money that they would also discount any hobbies that were traditionally feminine no matter how much skill is involved.

Tessa
Tessa

What’s with shitting on reality TV? How is it worse than watching sports (often seen as a suitable thing by these kinds of guys, especially the ones who think women never know anything about them)? Actually, sports kinda ARE reality TV. And these guys are complaining about a world they didn’t earn. If he’s a sports fan, he’s talking about himself!

And as always these guys take credit for everything they perceive men have done since the beginning of time. All the good things anyway. If it’s a bad deed, they’re ready to drop the notallmen before you can finish the sentence.

somebody
somebody

On the plus side, one of the top voted pieces of advice is “Stay away from me”, which is really good advice to a woman from a MRA (probably unnecessary, but good advice nonetheless).

Naira
Naira

Oh hell.

I am sure being “crucified” to them is being told to “fuck off.” Which, to me, is a reasonable response if someone walks up to me and gives me random, condescending, sexist advice about how to live my life.

Honestly…some advice for MGTOWs: pull an Elsa and LET IT GO!

I’m really, really skeptical about the idea of any easy path to being “truly happy.” But there’s an endless number of ways to make yourself miserable and I’m confident that nursing bitterness and resentment about the lives of half the population of the world is damn close to being at the top of the list of “How to have a sucky life.”

There’s a great freedom in not giving two shits.*

(*I don’t mean apathy and not caring about the seriously terrible stuff in the world. I mean being obsessed with what other people do that has no effect on anyone and causes no harm.)

Her Grace Phryne: Tool of the Butt-Worshipping, Lesbian-Powered Elite
Her Grace Phryne: Tool of the Butt-Worshipping, Lesbian-Powered Elite

@Latte Cat

It’s just so odd how they’ve moulded this little fantasy world for themselves where women are some sort of lesser human form only good for sex, and how often they feel the need to reinforce it despite being so grossly scientifically inaccurate.

That’s why they need to constantly reinforce it, because reality keeps coming in and wrecking their lovingly crafted fantasy.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

I wish I had HALF the amount of free time these bonkeyheads think I have to eat bon-bons and watch television. Maybe then I’d finally finish my latest weaving project.

(I had to help repair a database by hand this weekend. I am one grumpy geek girl.)

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Sascha Vykos | August 8, 2016 at 7:10 pm

comment image

This whole post is gold, thank you for writing it.

Thiazin red | August 8, 2016 at 8:04 pm

I would too. These guys are convinced that anything women do (traditional or not) isn’t worth the effort because, according to their sheltered worldview, wimmens are weak and fragile and can’t do anything without a man.

I’d like to see these fuckers learn how to crochet. Or sew. Or make a dress from conception to finished product. They won’t, but I’d like to see it as much as I would like to see a diehard Twilight fan play Vampire: the Masquerade.

Of course, simply asking these guys to do their own laundry or cook their own meals makes them act like you’re asking them to watch you destroy all of “Western Civilization” singlehandedly. It’s such a personal sleight to them that you’d dare ask them to do meager housework that would take all of ten minutes!

Jurgan

“Feminism is 100% complete fraud, ALL of it. From the very beginning 50 years ago.”

Umm… The Seneca Falls Convention was held in 1848. That’s a little more than fifty years.

Kat
Kat

The cliche used to be that men were the best cooks ’cause they were the chefs. As I recall, only men said this.

Yeah, there was a time when — despite Julia Child and other female cookbook writers — a woman would find it almost impossible to get hired as a chef. And I understand that restaurant kitchens can be brutal, even now. Short tempers. Boiling water. Sharp knives. If someone really wants to hurt you, they can.

I used to wonder if male-worshipping men thought that men did a better job of every kind of work. Except maybe childbirth. (Although couvade, or a dad-to-be’s “sympathetic pregnancy,” is a thing.)

Lea
Lea

The only people asking for these bitter, ignoramt, misogynist douchebag’s opinions are other bitter, ignorant, misogynist douchebags. No woman anywhere cares what they think.

They know it too. They know we are going to laugh at them. They know women have hobbies and careers and lovers they enjoy without every giving a second thought to what mean that never wanted validation from in the first place think of them.

That’s why they’re so angry. They can whine and cry to each other about how much they hate the women that don’t even know they’re alive and wouldn’t miss them if they weren’t all day long. It won’t ease the sting of how little what they claim to want from women matters to women.

That’s funny.

They so want us to believe we’re worthless, because that’s the only way anyone would settle for some abusive, MGTOW piece of shit. Oh boy howdy, do they ever wish we’d fall for that shit. But we don’t, so they keep wailing and gnashing their teeth.

…also funny.

Kat
Kat

@Jurgan

Any gains that women made before 1966 (winning the vote, the ability to inherit, the ability to divorce, the ability to parent after a divorce, and so on) were generously granted to us by kindly men.

Lea
Lea

Men they, not mean that. Autocorrect is wacky.

Lea
Lea

They don’t know anything about biology or history and like to make both up whole cloth based on their precious manfeels.

AND they like to admonish women to be less emotional and to care more about facts.

Bwahahahahahaha!

Goldfish have more self awareness.

Ooglyboggles

Holy stars that’s some hardcore projection.

@Lea
The thing that makes me grin ear to ear, so many women don’t even know their existance, and go about their lives, and those people can do jack squat to ruining their “enemy.”

Nequam
Nequam

I sort of feel like it’d be nice to have an Open Thread about hobbies sometime soon. Whattaya think, David?

Loquora
Loquora

Preemptive defensiveness (assuming women will “crucify” you) is not the strongest way to start off any conversation. But then, this was never intended to be a conversation to begin with. More a one sided shouting match.

Lygeia
Lygeia

These men want to put angry wasps inside a woman, do we really need to know anything else?

Lea
Lea

Ooglyboggles,

I like that they want women to quake in fear of losing their tender attentions and all they’re doing is not dating (except when they do???)

Throughout history there have been plenty of people who don’t pair off. As society puts less pressure on people to have heteronormative, monotonous marriages, were probably going to see more people choose not to pair off. That’s wonderful. No one should feel presure to date or sleep around or get married or “save themselves” or anything other than what makes them happy and works for them. Other people doing their thing doesn’t keep me from doing mine.

They project so much. They’re the ones terrified that when given more choice, women won’t choose to strive to please them and indulge their desire to be in a traditional marriage with rigid gender roles. They can’t be kings of their castles with a subservient woman trapped in a loveless train wreck of a marriage with them in a world where women have options. They can tell us we’ll be sorry all they want, but they’re just would be abusers and users we’re all trying to avoid anyway. No one is going to miss them.

Lea
Lea

Monogamous not monotonous!

Lol.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Lygeia | August 8, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Actually, I think that was a silly quote from another publication that David was comparing these men too.

Though, I don’t doubt that they’d love to do something awful like that to a woman.

Ooglyboggles

@Lea
Well monotonous could work as well.

Carayak
Carayak

I’m aro and spend most of my time, including work, reading about or engaging in my hobbies and interests. It feels real good when someone aims for a weak spot and fails so hard they wind up shooting backwards.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

@Carayak: Stormtroopers have better aim than these jerks.

Olive O'Sudden
Olive O'Sudden

I kinda feel a bit sad for these men. It must be difficult to go through life hating the people you want to fuck, and hating them even more because they don’t want to fuck you.

Tosca
Tosca

Any woman who rejects them, intimidates them or makes them mangry gets labelled a slut. No matter how many or few partners she has had.

Which makes even less sense than their usual frothing. “Slut” implies a woman with virtually no standards for a sexual partner, and if even she doesn’t want your dick…

reimalebario
reimalebario

If you want to be truly physically, psychologically and spiritually happy, …

As a general rule, I’m hesitant to take advice about how to be happy from people who are clearly much less happy than I am.

(Although this particular advice is presumably not targeted at me – a non-woman. So maybe the advice isn’t meant to apply to me.)

Valentine
Valentine

I notice people talking about women doing he household chorse just ‘because it’s their job’.

My parents are both academic. My mum has a PhD and my dad has masters degree. He didn’t do too well at school so didn’t go to university until he was 22. My mum was university lecturer, management of a coal mine, researcher and all kinds of things when I was young. My dad also worked full time consultant. Both travelled alot for their jobs. Often I was left with my eldest brother in charge (hes 13 years older than me).

But still it was my mother after full days work with papers to mark and reports to write who would still do all the cooking, cleaning, buying food and so on when she got home from work. She managed all of this along with a whole host of hobbies like cycling, learning languages, being the steward at our local church, doing community work and rasing three kids.

My mum is like superhero to me. But I’m sure she’s more like the rule than the exception especially going by just my first hand experience of the other women in my life.

So with that said, I really wonder if these MGTOW have even MET a women more than just to have sex and not talk. Their veiw of other people is so narrow pretty much all they say is total bollox.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

There’s 3,5 billion of you. You’re nothing.

As i love syllogism, here we go :
3.5 Billions = nothing
Earth = about 7 Billions
=> Earth = 2 times nothing.
Let us have another 3.5 Billions, and we have 3 times nothing, which is something (according to our french expression, at least).

Ah, but if 3.5 Billions of women is nothing, being angry at nothing is not that manly, if you ask me.

Anyway, i love languages. Nothing is the abscence of being (physically, mentally, whatyouwantally), so being nothing is a funny paradoxe. It is like hearing the silence.

Have a nice day.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@occasionalreader

It is like hearing the silence

occasional reader
occasional reader

> Axecalibur
We do not have access to youtube at work, sorry. I just try a guess : “The sound of Silence” by Simon & Garfunkel ?

Kat
Kat

@Leda Atomica

You all lied to me! You got me into this feminism cult with your brainwashing genius and now I find out it’s 100% complete fraud, ALL of it! And you didn’t tell me it began only 50 years ago either, you said it’s an actual *thing*!

Damn it, I knew this day would come! And I told the others too.

Someone’s bound to see through our nonsensical lies, I said. Women aren’t oppressed, I said. We actually have the upper hand, ’cause vaginas.

Wage gap?

Domestic violence?

Date rape?

Absentee dads?

Sexual harassment?

Stalking?

Those concepts were all made up by the fiendishly clever Marketing Department at Feminism, Inc.

And now the whole house of cards is crashing down around us. . . .

Not my fault, I swear.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@occasionalreader
I always go for the obvious reference 🙂

occasional reader
occasional reader

> Axecalibur
Well, good references are almost always obvious. That is it why they are references ! Though the obviousness of something is always related to personnal history and knowledge, like the joke with piano lesson.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

I think to be truly happy, you have to be true to yourself. You need to be authentic, not just a people pleaser. You need to realise that you can’t please everyone, and there’s no point in trying, you will only fail and be seen as a wishy washy person with no mind of their own. I think a lot of women of prior generations were instructed to keep their opinions to themselves, because being seen as having opinions on such things as politics and religion, or being interested in science or philosophy would put off a potential husband. It must have been awful. The media, I believe, is still staunchly patriarchalist, and still tries to shoehorn women into this kind of fickle, puerile mindset by aiming adverts and reality TV, celeb gossip etc at what they consider their “feeemale” demographic. This female demographic is not what they as male ‘mad men’ have been taught to believe. The problem is it aims as a very narrow, captive section of womanhood, the stay at home mum who spends the most money in the supermarket on housekeeping products, and who’s main interactions are with small children. It does not mean to say that this demographic of ‘woman’ has a low reading age and obsession with cleaning, but if you watch the gendered adverts, that is the impression you (especially as a man) would get. I find it hard to believe that women do not seek intellectual stimulation, but unless you are a member of a right wing Christian cult, looking at the mainstream media, you certainly won’t find much evidence for it.
I guess seeing the way my mum was treated by my late father woke me up to this, she was not allowed independent pursuits because he did not approve of her having a life away from feeding him and catering to his boner. Also, as an INFJ I value individuality and being true to one’s self, and cannot stand frauds and people pleasers.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I love the way that one commenter angrily shouts that TRUTH and FACTS and INFORMATION are superior to EMOTIONS. You can almost hear his feet stamping as he screams “LOGIC!” It’s how Spock always won arguments.

People don’t shout when the world is on their side. Quite the opposite. They shout because they’re frustrated and not being heard and their version of things isn’t being accepted. Reality isn’t cooperating. They think if they yell, they can get their point across by brute force.

So I’ll say this as quietly and unemotionally as possible: MGTOW are full of crap.

Kat
Kat

@Virgin Mary

I believe that I’m an INFJ too. I understand that this is the rarest personality type of all the Meyers-Briggs personality types. It sounds as though my INFJ-ness may be to blame for the fact that I’m honest even when I really shouldn’t be.

dontgiveahoot

These people have never read Terry Pratchett, have they?

“There’s no grays, only white that’s got grubby. I’m surprised you don’t know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That’s what sin is.”
“It’s a lot more complicated than that–”
“No it ain’t. When people say things are a lot more complicated than that, they means they’re getting worried that they won’t like the truth. People as things, that’s where it starts.”
“Oh, I’m sure there are worse crimes-”
“But they Starts with thinking about people as things.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Virgin Mary & Kat

Meyers-Briggs

I was only vaguely aware of that, but I’ve just given it a go. Ooh, spooky. I’m aware that it’s easy with things like this to just give generic profiles that apply to anyone (like that horoscope test thing) but these ones seem very specific, and it’s me down to a tee.

Mish
Mish

@ dontgiveahoot – thank you, thank you, thank you. You read my mind and you are my new hero 🙂
Granny W. and Nanny O. are the perfect combination, by the by. I still can’t decide which one I love the most, which is no doubt the point.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Meyer-Briggs is mostly a scam. It’s an automatic version of thoses people who cold read you and give you a bunch of generality along with a small bit of personalized information to make you think they know what you are.

It also play on the fact a decent amount of people like to characterize them in one specific way, and tend to exagerate that trait socially. To give an example, if A have a social persona of a shy, closed person, s/he will try to answer the test exagerating that, then will feel validated that the test say him he is that.

(useless tidbit of french : showing off a specific personality translate in french as “camper sa personalité”. AFAIK, campy and camp gay both came from that)

The use of that test however isn’t alway a scam. It’s often a disguised way to persuade people to be more tolerant, more open, or more outspoken. That’s because introducing basic society tips work a lot better when disguised as “a way to deal with your personality tip” than as “you suck, do that” type of lesson.

In short, if you want a way to know how someone think, Meyers-Briggs is useless. But if you want to make people think about themselve, or if you want to give communication tips without provoking rejections, then it can be useful.

It’s often used with IT guys and gals, because, at least in France, most of thoses people voluntary force their personality in the “quirky asocial nerd”, and will react badly to any tentative into tentative of changing their communication style, but they will usually react a lot better in stealthy, apparently scientific way to explain their personalities.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko

@Nequam & Kat

Do we really need him in the gene pool?

Please let’s not go there. My own father is basically the proto-MRA, and the archetype of why some women and their kids are in for years (in this case 15 and counting) of abuse for the crime of divorcing. Among other shitty things, all woman-hate related.

He’s not the reason why I became a feminist, but he is certainly part of the reason why I had such an easy time understanding that misogyny and patriarchy are indeed things that exist and need fighting back against.

But I still kinda need him to have contributed to the gene pool at some point. Sadly. The reason the whole “gene pool” thing makes me uncomfortable is because I spent years obsessing that his genes somehow were going to make me like him at some point in the near future and it was a source of anxiety on top of a whole bunch of other things to worry about as a teenager.

On the other hand, I was born thanks to an IVF, so I get to say that just because he jerked off in a jar at some point doesn’t mean I owe him anything. \o/

Moggie
Moggie

Also, dude, how many worlds have you personally “earned” anyway?

ALL OF THEM, EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

@SinkableJohn : thanks for the post. I was indeed uneasy too about thoses jokes.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ moggie

ALL OF THEM, EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.

That was “something wonderful”.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko

@Ohlmann

There’s also the very real possibility that those jokes could be used with ableist undertones in specific contexts (i.e genetic diseases), and I only just thought of that. That’s a much more valid point than the one I first made.

On the other hand, I’m alright with saying these guys should never, ever, get to raise children, whether they fathered those kids or not. For pretty much the same reason as stated above.

@Moggie & Alan

Also, dude, how many worlds have you personally “earned” anyway?

No Man’s Sky comes out tonight in Europe, and I’ll be busy personally earning as many worlds as possible by discovering, naming, and charting them. I also encourage MGTOWs to “go their own way” in this game, which should keep them busy long enough that the internet can catch a break. Space is a big enough place that I shouldn’t have to worry about ever encountering them anyway.