trump

Why former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke is so PUMPED by the rise of Trump

A handy little video from MoveOn that I thought I’d share. I’d encourage you all to share it as well.

I wish, though, that MoveOn had dealt with Trump’s later, ahem, disavowal of Duke, which was less a principled rejection of everything Duke stands for than the petulant whining of an overgrown manchild offering a half-hearted faux-apology that he doesn’t really mean — “ok, I’m soooooooory I hit my sister but she called me a fascist.”

Here’s his “disavowal,” which he gave on MSNBC’s Morning Joe:

David Duke is a bad person, who I disavowed on numerous occasions over the years. I disavowed him. I disavowed the KKK. Do you want me to do it again for the 12th time? I disavowed him in the past, I disavow him now.

One person who doesn’t believe that Trump has truly “disavowed” David Duke is … David Duke.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

I find Trump’s impatience with the press to be petulant at best.

pitshade
pitshade

Defeat the Corrupt elites!

Which ones, again?

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

How is Trump gonna do that when he is a corrupt elite ?

runsinbackground
runsinbackground

Well, for one thing it won’t be the (((Trump))) Presidency, I suppose. He also has his record of racial discrimination from his days as a NYC real estate pirate.

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

It sure took The Orange One a long time to disavow him. Is he still accepting donations from him?

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

“You’re asking me to disavow an organization I know nothing about.”

Because yeah, you’ve never heard of the Ku Klux Klan. It’s totally obscure. You sure as hell knew who La Raza is, though, dincha?

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

I disavowed him. I disavowed the KKK

I don’t think ‘I don’t know anything about the KKK’ count’s as a disavowal, but OK

And meanwhile, at the Dem convention, the Bernbots are acting up again. Expected but no less reprehensible. It don’t look good when a spate of people (a lot of them women) of color are booed to shit, and they can’t even shut it for moment of prayer. Even Sanders himself can’t fix what he started (maybe not started… Fostered?)
Oh, and Putin hacked into the largest political party in the US. But let’s not focus on that terrifying reality, cos it’s really about ethics in party management. It’s pretty bad when you’re not sure whether Ed Snowden is saying ‘cuck’ ironically, or he’s using it has a legit insult

This was supposed to be the good at the end of a pretty shit week and change. Nothing but bad, outlook destroying news for like 9 days, but it’s almost OK, cos the DNC will make me feel better. Somehow worse, if you can believe that shit. Hope. That’s my problem

PS. If you’re eligible and haven’t yet, please do what ya gotta do to get registered to vote. Procedures and deadlines should be in the relevant Secretary of State website for where you live. And don’t forget to pay attention to downticket coming up. Thank you

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

@Iseult: I don’t think he knew anything about La Raza. He has people — really wonderful people, amazing people, the very best — to tell him about all the things he’s missed over the last 50 years.

And Axecalibur: There are a lot of people who won’t let the Bernie fantasy go, but I suspect there are a LOT of Republican’t ratfuckers involved too.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

And of course male Bernie bros heckled Elizabeth Warren’s speech.

Lunzie Mespil
Lunzie Mespil

If Donald Trump really didn’t know anything about David Duke, the KKK and white supremacists, he’s too uninformed to be president.

Of course, I don’t believe that he really didn’t know anything about them. Just another example of his lies.

I am getting pretty discouraged about the future of my country. Even if Trump isn’t elected, he’s encouraging the bigots to come out into the open. Unfortunately, I don’t think they’re going to disappear after November.

Ooglyboggles

@Virgin Mary
You see, the only moral elite is ours.
@Lunzie Mespil
Honestly I find the people who think Trump is going to coolly slink away into the night after the elections are over to be overly naive in a cynical sort of way. This is the biggest high of ego boosting and validation he has gotten and ever will have. It is all downhill from here if he’s seen as the ultimate loser, and dragged through the mud by all parties.

The bigots have always been there. I almost want them to come out so they get repeatedly curtailed like in the Oregon Standoff. But that just might be my vindictive side wanting them to have a taste of their own rhetoric about cops being jailers rather than members of the community.

Regardless of my feelings I do know for certain that they will act out in greater number, and no media will ever call them terrorists.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Grumpy

I suspect there are a LOT of Republican’t ratfuckers involved too

Maybe, but it doesn’t make much difference IMO
1)Let’s say, there’s a Republican contingent who’re using the existing fuckery to sneak in and rabble rouse. Why is there so much existing fuckery to begin with? Fuckery should be at an absolute minimum, but it isn’t, so I blame Bernie and his sycophants
2)To ape Occam’s Razor, Republican plants requires an extra logical step. An unnecessary step, as angry brocialists doing what angry brocialists do best seems a perfectly plausible explanation without relying on outside influence from the ‘other side’. Walks and talks like a duck…

It’s not a wholly unreasonable theory, but I don’t see it helping. At best, it’s a meaningless ‘what if’? At worst, it’s othering them to the dark side. I coulda been 1 of them. A STEMbro, an MGTOW, a BernieorBuster, what have you. They’re me without the… fuckin providence, I dunno… to choose a different path. They’re me, and, for my own good, I can’t lose that. If that makes sense?

Ooglyboggles

Okay, Bernie was only for democratic socialist beliefs and disavowed anyone who decided to use his campaign as a front for their bigotry/blatant sexism. He never supported that in any capacity and repeatedly said that this is not what his campaign was about. UHC, Free College, regulation of wall street, amendment to repeal Citizens United, supported BLM and racial issues and reforming the police departments, raising the wages to living, how are any of these points that scream “I am a GOP who hates women, POC and others not of my religious stance.” To color him as some elaborate sexist or some GOP plant, is frankly disgusting.

How else do you want to paint Bernie or Busters? Plenty of them turned out to be simply doing it because sexism, or that some of them decided to vote Trump because they are so sexist/bigoted/hatred of status quo that anyone would do. I don’t blame the ones that decided that they do not believe in Hillary will do the points of liberal progressiveness to a point.

Lunzie Mespil
Lunzie Mespil

If Trump loses, my guess is he will complain loudly that the system is rigged and there was voter fraud. He’ll get support from people who feel victimized by the economic and social changes of the last fifty years. That will feed his ego and he’ll keep stirring up trouble. He’ll get a lot of mileage out of convincing his followers that someone is out to get them.

@Ooglyboggles, yes, the bigots have always been here, but it seems like they are becoming more open. The white people I know who are racist usually care enough about how they are perceived that they don’t say hateful things too publicly. Trump seems to be reversing that trend. I don’t understand how Trump can get away with saying the awful things he has said.

Unfortunately I think we’re going to see more candidates with his extreme views in the future.

Speaking of calling people terrorists, does anyone remember if the couple who shot two Las Vegas police officers in 2014 were ever referred to as terrorists?

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

BernieOrBust can just fuck off already. We lost, we need to deal with it by supporting the candidate who won by playing the broken system.

If the Republican candidate wasn’t so scary, I probably wouldn’t vote, but Hillary is the only person standing between Trump and the oval office.

Ooglyboggles

@Lunzie Mespil
I can explain this, this is the zeitgeist of decades of GOP propaganda. They want so badly to bring back the past of being superior, and the younger ones indoctrinated with the beliefs that older = superior. Trump makes bigotry to them seem normal, exciting, with bombast and confidence that they desire in authoritarian rule. If he can get away with saying so much racist things, and the media will stay silent because they want ratings, why can’t they be openly bigoted?

They don’t even have to mind the cognitive dissonance, they just have to refer to the handy method of parroting every bullshit claim until either they decide the person is a leftist jewish lizard, or the other person leaves and they decide it’s victory. But now, the GOP is finally letting the inner narrative of hatred come out of their rhetoric of seeming to be for the people. Religious zealots who want Israel as Jesus, Atheists who are no different than the zealots aside one or two political issues that somehow makes them better, Neo nazis, anti semites, racists, fascists, Boomer worshipers, all find something they want in Trump’s speeches. Said speeches being the same as a fill the word’s book, it says whatever they want it to say in their heads.

That’s why they are so bold, because the one who cast the first stone already had, and he’s been validated for it by being the nominee.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

For the record, fooling the poor/working class whites into thinking that their situation is the result of black people taking away “their’ jobs (the hatred of affirmative action) is probably the oldest strategy elites use to keep poor people at each others’ throats instead of uniting to challenge the elites. The only difference is that now the losing class whites are being encouraged to hate the Latinos and women as well. Working-class men are taught that they are not real men unless they can support a family, and then the economy doesn’t provide nearly enough decent jobs to go around. Basically it’s like putting ten hungry dogs in a cage and throwing in five steaks. Then the elites sit back and snicker about how rude those working class people are.

A moral question: is it worse to be a racist because you were brought up that way, or to nurture and exploit the racism of others even though you know it’s wrong.

Ooglyboggles

@GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

One is done that way because of society, and can possibly change given enough circumstances to make that change happen. The latter is worse in my opinion, using the former as cynical bait for their own devices, exploiting others to enact their petty need for short term gains and greed. It’s poetic that the people who bought into their propaganda now took over their positions and rule the GOP now.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Oogly
I’m not saying that Bernie is a sexist asshat. I’m saying that he was messing with things he couldn’t possibly understand. Most of us knew that ‘the left’ is home to a cavalcade of shit merchants who prize their own intellectual superiority over actual people. #GGers complaining about Wall Street. People who quote ‘black on black crime’ stats in 1 post and decry private health insurance in the next. He, somehow, didn’t realize these people exist. That’s his failing, and now those aforementioned merchants are energized to let the world Bern (along with all the marginalized peoples in it)

Who gets to decide what the “points of liberal progressiveness” are? If I agree with her policies, does that make me not a progressive? Unfortunately, people exist that would scream that very thing at me, just as they did (and continue) to do with other black people who ‘are voting against their best interest’. The are plenty, and they are, figuratively and literally, very loud. But they don’t own ‘the left’

I’m sorry, Oogly, you’re making sense. And I was overgeneralizing. Most Bernie supporters are wonderful people. But ~10% (I think I remember that figure, maybe a little more) of them say they will never vote for Hillary under any circumstances. And a lot of that 10% is in Philly right now throwing a tantrum, cos their guy didn’t win

@Grumpy
All things being otherwise equal, the latter is far worse. I’ve been the target, on multiple occasions, of ethnic slurs throw from speeding cars. The worst part is imagining them rolling away laughing, cos all they wanted to do was get their jollies watching me to flinch. And I always do

Ooglyboggles

@Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Well I’m glad we were able to explain ourselves. Though I will posit that if Bernie hadn’t ran these people would just as easily been for Trump, and without him, those people who are for his values because they believe it’s right, rather than being the political version of a helicopter parent, wouldn’t have been able to mobilize and see that they should make a change. And because of him, and those who support him, they’ve been able to understand and make changes for those values they believe in. The ones that use liberal progressive values as “we know what’s best for you minorities”, or a front for whatever neo fascist, I see would’ve gone Trump no matter what.

I’m sorry you have to deal with people who are treating the situation as more of a sports event, rather than focus on making the changes that his campaign was for.

Again I’m sorry for coming in hostile. I’ve had too many experiences with people who I thought were for leftist values, to be self serving nihilists with no regards to humanitarianism. And people who use said nihilists to paint anything Bernie has done to be proof that those values just cannot work in today’s society, that he was naive to even try. It’s like realizing that those around you were holding masks, to save face on being good, and underneath it’s just the same as any other jerk, just in a condescending form.

Catalpa
Catalpa

I can’t help but wonder if Trump’s recent disavowal of David Duke (as opposed to his previous “who’s that? What’s the KKK? I can’t be expected to now these things on the spot” dodge) is because he’s now the Republican nominee and will probably lose more supporters from the general population (as opposed to the GOP rank and file) than he wins by cozying up to white supremacists.

Ooglyboggles

@Catalpa
Yeah it seems like he’s doing the classic slide towards moderates to appeal to more people. At this point the die hard fans don’t care what he says that’s against their beliefs, to them it’s just a way to get people to vote for him.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Oogly
Bernie’s campaign has done more good than harm, I think. The problem is that the good will be felt slowly, over time. The harm is now. Growing pains, or whatevs. In a few years, the Bernie playbook will be required reading for ‘left wing’ politicians, and, should Hillary win, her life appointed Supreme Court justices will be at the forefront of doing what Congress won’t in moving towards a better future for decades to come. But right now, Liz fuckin Warrem has to deal with being heckled, cos she’s a sellout shill or something

I don’t think so. Anti social justice lefties will vote blue, so long as nobody mentions that issues that don’t affect them are just as important. Focus on wars and wealth inequality, and you’re golden. Bring up war refugees or the gender and ethnic basis of said inequality, and you’re a ‘regressive, SJW, yadda yadda’. A lot of those people voted Obama in ’08. In ’12, they stayed home, and now they’re voting Trump/Stein/Johnson. In a practical sense, there’s a difference, but not that much…

ViolinlessHoax
ViolinlessHoax

Of course David Duke doesn’t believe Trump disavowed him, that’s how dogwhistling works, right?

“I disavow David Duke and the KKK.” *Fat wink to the camera*

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

While the system is broken, the candidate who’s more qualified, more widely known and has more clout winning isn’t what makes it so.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

This is an interesting article. Although now I’m used to Laurie Penny’s wonderful use of language it seems a bit bland. Still, it’s content that counts I suppose (although would it have killed him to stick a muppet murder reference in there?)

ViolinlessHoax
ViolinlessHoax

Written by Melissa Hillman. Although I agree the muppet murder thing is a good idea. (#MuppetLivesMatter? Anyone?)

ViolinlessHoax
ViolinlessHoax

Missed my window to edit. Just wanted to mention I didn’t mean to devalue BlackLivesMatter with my Muppet joke. Sorry if it comes across that way.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ violinless

Oops, I’ll just pretend I got confused because she has ‘man’ in her name.

(Actually I though it was by someone else but now I realise that was just the person who posted the link to Facebook)

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Am I alone in not getting what the scandal is? The DNC’s job is to get Democratic candidates elected. They’re not required to be neutral.

I think maybe people don’t understand what the primary and delegate selection process is. The party can nominate its presidential candidate any way it wants. They used to have no election and the candidates were selected at the convention by the delegates. Somewhere along the line, they decided to give the public a say and hold primaries and caucuses and the results tie into the pledged delegates that go to the convention. If the DNC wanted to change the rules and pick candidates entirely internally again, they could.

I think people think that presidential primaries are like regular elections and the DNC and RNC are sort of like state Secretary of State offices? As we’ve discussed here before, a lot of the Bernie or bust people have never been involved with the party before, have no idea how it works and didn’t bother to research how it works. That’s not Hillary Clinton’s fault.

I’m not saying the process is perfect, but it’s not going to change overnight because a few new people joined and want a non-establishment candidate to win. The process is set up beforehand by the party members who voted for it and changing it means getting involved in the party permanently. Not just come in and tell it what to do every four years.

Sorry for the rant. Especially since I’m probably not saying anything most people here don’t already know.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

@WWTH : I agree with your rant. In addition to that, thoses emails mostly show that the DNC have some influence but don’t step out of his role to unlawfully bar someone from trying.

I love Bernie, I don’t like all his supporter, far from it.

JoeB
JoeB

Missed Trump’s latest David Duke related fuckery. Said he’d be open to voting for a democrat over Duke, but it’d depend on the democrat.

pitshade
pitshade

Definitely the latter is worse. They made a choice to be that way and are more likely to be inflammatory in spreading the crap. Intent may not be magic but it still matters.

JSun
JSun

That’s the problem though. He doesn’t have to convince anyone of anything. He’s such a sensationalist success thanks to his ancestors business and his own pathological lying spree that all he has to do is exist and people will follow him to hell.

And there’s proof of that. Many of his followers don’t even know what the emancipation proclamation was. Nor do they understand why the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan happened. They’re also perfectly okay with torture and war crimes simply because Trump said it’s a good idea and have no clue about the history of use of such crimes or the moral and ethical dilemmas, much less the lack of effectiveness of such methods.
Then you go and look at stuff like Trump Magazine, Trump World Magazine, Trump University, Trump Steaks, Trump Vodka, Trump Mortgage, Trump Tower Orlando, Trump Tower Toronto, Trump Airlines, Donald Trump: The Game, Trump Casinos, Go Trump dot com, and Trump Casino, all of which either never got off the ground or failed within months of startup, yet got literally thousands of people interested and heavily invested simply because Trumps name was on it.

Trumps very name causes people to turn into mindless idiots instantly. They’re willing to follow him to the ends of the earth just because he said they should.

Trump doesn’t need to make people think anyone is out to get them. They’ll follow him just because his last name is Trump.

lkeke35
lkeke35

Just thought I’d put this here:

Tim Wise has been saying this for a while. That the ultimate year such people would like to turn the clock back to is 1957. Is anybody noticing a trend in these dates?

Lunzie Mespil
Lunzie Mespil

@ WWTH : Regarding the DNC emails, I don’t like the idea of using a candidate’s religious beliefs against them, as was discussed in one of the email messages, but otherwise I agree with your rant. Any U.S. citizen who is 35 or older and isn’t a convicted felon has the right to run for president, but it doesn’t seem like anyone has the right to insist on representing a specific party. Bernie Sanders was an independent for years — why would he suddenly be entitled to the support of the Democratic party if the party leaders thought he wouldn’t support their agenda? Couldn’t the Republicans have said last summer that they wouldn’t nominate Donald Trump because of his hateful comments and lack of experience?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ lunzie

isn’t a convicted felon

I bet a few candidates over the years have been glad about that ‘convicted’.

Inkswitch, Magic Horse of Awesome
Inkswitch, Magic Horse of Awesome

Not related to the topic but I felt the need to share: an Australian Facebook group has just been shut down after it was revealed that its members were sharing and celebrating stories of rape, domestic violence, revenge porn, and all the other horrible shit you’d expect. Naturally, members are claiming that the posts were taken out of context and it was all just “a bit of a laugh”.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Lunzie

Honestly, if that hadn’t have been discussed, I’da been worried. It’s like, if it turned out Obama never discussed nuking Iraq. Don’t do that, obvs. But ya gotta think about it, before ya reject it. If the DNC really thought that Sanders was a disaster candidate destined to lose, they needed to ask themselves how far they’re willing to go to make sure their choice won. I’m super glad they didn’t go there, but them talking about it, as hideous as it sounds, kinda means the system works. And it means they might be just ruthless enough to use everything they have against Trump if need be. I find that bitterly comforting

@Alan
1 of em’s the current Republican nominee 🙁

@Inkswitch
Welp… goddammit… Good on Facebook, I suppose?

JoeB
JoeB

Trump Jr. went on TV and said that if his father questioned someone’s religion there would be a massive backlash against him.

Irony is dead.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

@Alan: as a former convicted felon (covered by Carter’s blanket pardon), I resemble that remark.

@Lunzie: There is a real problem here. I am an agnostic, but I believe that at the present time it is almost impossible for an avowed atheist or agnostic to get elected to anything in the US, let alone President. It’s wrong but you have to deal with it. If Sanders had been nominated, you would have heard him labeled a “godless socialist” and probably even a “godless Communist” hundreds of times a day.

@WWTH: Technically speaking, members of the DNC are not supposed to publicly endorse any candidate in a primary, but they are allowed to have their opinions and discuss them internally. There never was any doubt that DWS and the DNC did not want Bernie to get the nomination — part of their job is to keep the party from nominating an unelectable candidate, and obviously they did a much better job than the RNC.
Since political parties are not provided for in the Constitution (and Washington in particular hated the idea), they are to some extent neither fish nor fowl. Technically, they are private organizations that are legally permitted to choose their own candidates for whatever reasons seem good to them, but there has been a growing sentiment that they should be more democratic. But how? It’s a very complex issue that political scientist have been arguing about for decades. A common suggestion is to have national primary(s) possibly on a regional basis. But in the first place, you have the question of who should be allowed to vote in a party primary. Should Democrats, for example, be allowed to have a say in who the Republican candidate should be? How do you handle undeclared voters, who are often not really independent? And then, a national primary would probably be hideously expensive, eliminating candidates who don’t have huge financial backing and vastly increasing the power of money. It is easy to point out the flaws in the current system — the people don’t necessarily get to choose the candidates from which they choose the President. My home state of NH is not really representative of the country — far too white — but it is small, which means a candidate who has limited money but is willing to get out and meet people and try to convince them in person, has a chance. But it is difficult to devise any other system that would not also have huge flaws — and then you’d have to convince the states to accept it.

Regarding Trump, it is clear that his negatives are so high that his only option is to try to drive Hillary’s negatives higher. In particular, I don’t see any way that he doesn’t lose women’s votes by a fatal margin. So, in desperation, he’s going back to the Nixon-Bush playbook that has served well in the past — the “safe streets”/”law and order” Nixon campaign, the “Democrats are soft on terrorists” Bush campaign of 2004. History suggests that women will vote for a terrible misogynist if they think he will keep their children safe. So he’s trying to foster the image of a nation in flames, which only he can fix, and very quickly at that. I think Hillary needs to counter this by exuding calm optimism and contrasting her experience and discipline to Trump’s wild fear-mongering. (I believe that the pro-Bernie demonstrations have been augmented by the Republicans and the contrived flap over the DNC emails timed to try to make it look like the Democratic Party is in disarray and Hillary is not in control, in order to damage her image as the person who can run things well.)

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

… Did Trump Jr miss the part where Daddy Dumbest was the world’s most prominent birther for years?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ GOSJM

Shortly after the Palestinan election I had an encounter with some chaps from Hamas. This was of course just after Hamas had been elected. These guys were former Fatah but they’d switched sides for various mutually beneficial reasons. They were western educated and highly secular. We got taking about how Hamas had been elected with such a strong support for women (they were as surprised as anyone about that).

It transpired that it was down to corruption. Women were willing to sacrifice a few freedoms in exchange for candidates who wouldn’t just embezzle the treasury. Feeding their kids was more important to them than wearing a headscarf. For all Hamas’s faults when it came to women, the women thought they offered a better deal for their children.

Lunzie Mespil
Lunzie Mespil

Well, I’ve been poking around on the internet and I think part of what I said in my earlier post is incorrect. The U. S. Constitution says that to serve as president, a person must be a natural-born citizen, at least 35 years old, and a resident for 14 years. There is no mention of being ineligible due to criminal convictions.

Eugene V. Debs and Lyndon LaRouche both ran for president while in prison, although neither one had a realistic chance of being elected.

The Wikipedia article about LaRouche’s campaign had some interesting information about how he wanted to run for the Democratic nomination in 1996, but the head of the DNC said he wasn’t to be considered as a qualified candidate because of his beliefs and past actions. When LaRouche received enough votes to get delegates in Virginia and Louisiana, the Democratic party refused to award him the delegates. LaRouche sued but lost.

It seems to me that the Republicans could have prevented Trump from becoming their nominee if they had chosen to do so. They didn’t, which tells me a lot about the priorities of the GOP.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

There was an interesting article in the Guardian about the DNC emails and why they weren’t actually doing anything wrong: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/25/dnc-email-leak-bernie-barely-democrat

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Don’t mind me, just leaving a question here for any future trolls (because there will be trolls):

You guys all hate Communists, right? Spent the last eight years screaming about SEEKRIT COMMIES, accusing everyone from the President to us of being KGB spies, seeing Stalin in your soup, throwing around “Cultural Marxism” like it’s an actual thing?

… How do you square that away with the ever-increasing likelihood that your Trumpenführer has been working with and may even owe money to Putin, the on-off Communist, ex-KGB spy, Stalin fanboy and detester of American culture? Doesn’t the cognitive dissonance give you a headache? It’d sure as shit give me a headache…

And no, “SHILLARY BENGHAZI EMAILS BLOWJOB” is not an answer. This isn’t rhetorical or a gotcha, I honestly want to know.

proudfootz
proudfootz

It’d be ironic if a convicted felon could not vote, but could become President.

pitshade
pitshade

@SFHC

It’s like how Ulfric Stormcloak was at one point a Thamor agent!

Anyway, I thought they loved Putin for being so manly.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ proudfootz

We’ve had serving prisoners (who can’t vote) elected as MPs.

And until the franchise for women was extended generally women under 25 could stand for parliament but not vote.