a voice for men alt-right antifeminism bad history crank magnetism gynocracy imaginary oppression irony alert literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA paul elam quiz

QUIZ: Who said it — A Voice for Men or The Daily Stormer?

The MRA-Nazi Convergence continues
The MRA-Nazi Convergence continues

Challenge your brain with this little quiz testing your ability to tell MRA rhetoric apart from neo-Nazi propaganda! It’s harder than you might think!

MRAs, watch out! The Nazis are moving in on your turf!

Tabby Lavalamp
Tabby Lavalamp

0/7

Way to go on being identical, AVFM and Actual Nazis.

JoeB
JoeB

lol, I did worse than chance. Only got the first and last ones right.

snork maiden

2/7

These guys really do need watching. Is anyone planning to infiltrate their meeting in London tomorrow evening? I’d go, but I don’t have £265 + babysitting money to burn.

Malitia
Malitia

2/7 … I’m really bad at this. ^^;

/goes back lurking.

Delphi_ote
Delphi_ote

4/7. That’s about as well as you’d expect to do by random chance.

RosieLa
RosieLa

4/7 – just as good as random chance!
These guys are getting indistinguishable. Why is that?

Marie-H
Marie-H

I got 6/7 and I’m scared, I think I read WHTM too much.

Miri
Miri

4/7. “Yay”.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Fuck. I got the first 3 questions right, and for a moment I was getting worried. Then I got the next 4 wrong. They really are exactly indistinguishable.

Michael P
Michael P

5/7. I ultimately had to rely on stylistic cues rather than content.

Mundaneinanities
Mundaneinanities

4/7. Which I firmly believe reflects no failure on my part, because each quote is indistinguishable. Maybe they should merge into A Voice for Nazis and just be done with it.

LaterSpaceCowboy
LaterSpaceCowboy

Woah, the 5th and 6th quotes nailed me. I thought for sure AVFM for both! I guess I’m “just a dumb libcuck”. >_>

Ouroboros13

4/7
But it worries me how I can at least sometimes tell the difference between AVFM and the Daily Stormer. That means I’m so familiar with far right rhetoric I can actually distinguish between different breeds of hate speech. Someone please help me. Please post pictures of kittens or something.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I can’t believe they weren’t all AVFM.

dslucia
dslucia

I got 5/7 right, would’ve had 6/7 but I figured that #4 couldn’t be The Daily Stormer because it would’ve been too obvious an answer pattern. Lesson learned, trying to game the system doesn’t work.

#6 legitimately got me, though. We’ve seen quite a few MRA types whine about the womz crying in front of judges.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

5/7

They’re not identical yet. But they’re getting there.

I suspect if you had one that focused on Muslims, they would be identical. The MRM is going Nazi faster than the Nazis are going MRA.

Citizen Justin

2 of 7 like JoeB and snork Maiden.

I know you mainly do misogyny but if you’d included a couple of racist quotes from AVFM (with one from Stormfront thrown in as a red herring) it might have made for a better quiz.

painteyelash
painteyelash

4/7. Damn, they have a lot in common. Not so surprising, really, since nazis too are pretty known for their macho BS and love for very rigid gender roles.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

5/7 Correct answers!

I freely admit that I guessed on all of them. 😛

(((Hambeast))) Now With Extra Parentheses
(((Hambeast))) Now With Extra Parentheses

Yup, me too. Maybe MRAFront would work, too.

J^3 (@JoeKlemmer)
J^3 (@JoeKlemmer)

Add me to the 4/7 crowd.

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

3/7 Correct answers!
Congratulations! You got roughly the same score you would likely have gotten if you just guessed!

hoped to do better

“[W]estern women are treated as the nobility were in Old Europe.”

The court painter has finished your dick portrait m’lord

Terrabeau
Terrabeau

Perfect score! Okay, maybe I should be a little less proud of that.

The trick is to look at which one (mis)uses the bigger words and tries to back up their bullshit with numbers.Them’s the neo-nazis.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

Another 3/7 score here. I think I’m going to choose to be proud of it.

Pearl Clutcher
Pearl Clutcher

3/7 :/ I was hoping for a solid 5/7. I also weep for humanity

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

5/7 because the wordier it got the more it sounded like a newsrag.

Argle Bargle (formerly Carr)
Argle Bargle (formerly Carr)

4/7. It became difficult to figure out which rant was which.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

Kitty hiding from AVfM and Daily Stormer fans:

Luzbelitx

3/7 roughly the same score you would likely have gotten if you just guessed!

Damn. I should have just guessed, then.

EJ (The Other One)

7/7.

AVFM is angrier, while Daily Stormer is filled with the sort of masturbatory wordiness and faux-philosophy that infests the Alt-Right. Also, I’ve been reading these for too long.

Crys T
Crys T

5/7, but most of those were really just guesses.

LostInLindsey
LostInLindsey

Had a go twice, 4/7 & 5/7, I guessed most of them. The only real difference is stylistic, not content.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

4/7. Angry racist woman-hating tomayto, angry racist woman-hating tomahto.

Banananana dakry
Banananana dakry

3/7. I got the first couple right, then it all blended into a white noise of self pitying wailing and faux oppression. A clue, Sherlock!

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

1/7
It’s all just a wall of bigoted noise to me…

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

5/7

I think I’ve been here too long. I started to notice certain words that both used.

EDIT: Almost forgot some interesting news I heard today:

A woman is suing California over worker disability benefits because they’re allegedly unfair to women.

The lawsuit alleges that injured female workers in California are denied equal disability benefits because of systemic gender bias.

[…]

Permanent disability benefits are often reduced, the suit claims, because an injury or condition is linked in part to gender-based “risk factors” like menopause. And the ramifications of some illnesses mostly associated with women, such as breast cancer, are considered less disabling than those that affect men, which can result in a denial of compensation .

I thought that was interesting news to wake up to.

Karl
Karl

3/7 “You got roughly the same score you would likely have gotten if you just guessed!”

Actually, I did just guess. 🙂

pitshade
pitshade

3/7 Correct answers!

Go me! (I did just guess)

ikanreed
ikanreed

So… the scores we’re seeing in the comments seem to follow a normal distribution centered on 3.5.

Either we’re intentionally sabotaging ourselves, or we’re especially dumb, or the data says they’re really indistinguishable.

theseventhguest
theseventhguest

3/7

hi!

bekabot
bekabot

I got a lot of them wrong, but I think I’ll do better next time, because I noticed a pattern, and the pattern is that the Nazis tend to write better than the AVFM’ers.

You know you’re in a bad predicament when you can look to Nazis to give you grammar lessons.

Mike
Mike

6/7 I’m a little bit ashamed. But yes you can tell not by content but by style. The neo-nazis are more grandiose…or something. They give off a fascist vibe

Bina

4/7. I can’t see a difference, can YOU see a difference?

Also, Paulie’s eyes look remarkably like those of Charles Manson.

Kat
Kat

3 out of 7.

Just guesses.

But I still feel that I’m The Woman Who Knew Too Much.

Time for a shower.

kupo
kupo

4/7 here, too. At first I was going off punctuation because AVFM is waaaay worse at it, but some improper commas from Daily Stormer threw me off, and the crying in front of judges one, too.

NickNameNick
NickNameNick

6/7 for me.

Bluecollarnerd
Bluecollarnerd

6/7, the more obsessed with the west they are the more Nazi they are.

Ouroboros13

Fascists are indeed grandiose in their rhetoric. They try to intimidate people who disagree with them and to sound smart and profound when they’re really neither.

Redsilkphoenix
Redsilkphoenix

4/7.

And all I did was click Daily Stormer on all of them. (Why? For the heck of it.)