alt-right anime nazis anti-Semitism literal nazis trump twitter

The Daily Stormer hails Trump’s latest apparent Twitter wink to his neo-Nazi fanboys

Not subtle, dude, not subtle at all
Not subtle, dude, not subtle at all

The quarterly WHTM Pledge Drive continues! If you appreciate this blog, and can afford it, please click the “donate” button below. Thanks!

Donald Trump is known for his repeated “accidental” retweets of white supremacists, including one fellow with the lovely Twitter handle @WhiteGenocideTM.

Now he seems to be producing anti-Semitic propaganda in-house. Earlier today, The Donald tweeted — and that’s tweeted, not retweeted — the picture above featuring “Crooked Hillary” Clinton awash in cash next to a Star of David declaring her the “Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!” [UPDATE: According to Mic, the pic appeared earlier on 8chan’s famously anti-Semitic /pol/ board]

After a bit of an outcry, Trump took the tweet down, then tweeted a second version of the Hillary pic with a circle replacing the star.

But if Trump was trying to send a little wink of acknowledgment and approval to his not-so-little army of neo-Nazi fanboys, well, that message was received loud and clear.

On the Daily Stormer, Andrew Anglin enthusiastically declared that:

Hero Trump has made history yet again by tweeting a meme of Hillary Clinton featuring her image with a Star of David over top hundred dollar bills. Inside the Jew star it reads “Most corrupt candidate ever!”

It is indeed true that she is the most corrupt candidate ever, and it is also indeed true that the overwhelming majority of her corruption money comes from Jew sources.

Anglin saw this as a “dog-whistle” message aimed at Trump’s neo-Nazi fanboys, intended to reassure them that he has their back, despite some recent remarks about Israel that didn’t exactly follow the neo-Nazi party line.

This is, yet again, dog-whistling by The Leader. It comes just after he made some offensive comments about Israel being our friend – he says this for the evangelicals, then he signals to us – his real supporters – that we need not worry, he is just shilling a bit to get into power at which point he will shut down the entire Jew agenda.

As Anglin sees it, Trump has to say positive things about Israel to appease evangelical Christians who have their own somewhat perverse reasons for supporting Israel. (And, no, the link in the last sentence didn’t come from the Daily Stormer post.)

Anglin reassures his readers that:

the evangelicals will listen to [Trump’s] pro-Israel statements, while we will listen to his signals. …

Besides the dog-whistling confirmation that these are just said to appease the evangacucks, Israel is currently the least immediately threatening aspect of the Jew agenda.

As Anglin sees it, it’s far more important that Trump is on the side of the Nazis when it comes to other more important elements of  “the Jew agenda” like “[m]ass non-White immigration” and “[i]nsane social engineering programs.”

Trump’s more mainstream supporters can argue that these seeming winks aimed at his neo-Nazi fanbase are just a bit of carelessness on his part. I don’t think that even Trump is capable of this much “carelessness.”

H/T — A number of people alerted me to this story; the screenshot of his Tweet is from The Verge.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

The circle didn’t really replace the star – a close look reveals two points are still visible.

Mortarius
Mortarius

I can’t believe the unintentional irony betrayed in this sentence.

Yes Anglin, he’s definitely only shilling to that group, the one he really loves is you, he would never shill to you, never.

I mean incredibly subtle nods being all it takes for you to kiss the ground he walks on? No way anyone with no compunctions about lying or who supports them would shill to such a desperate group.

He really really loves you and would never play you like that Anglin.

Ouroboros13

Trump and his fanboys are seriously beginning to scare me. And it’s not just fear for the lives of other people. Serbians and other Slavs were part of Nazi genocide programs. I really don’t want these crazy people target me or anybody else.

Eyes on the Right

Between this and the alt-right’s reaction to Elie Wiesel’s death it’s been a banner day for anti-Semites.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

You are judged by the company you keep. And since last time I checked the majority of voters in the US aren’t literal nazis, or ascribe to nazi ideology, I think the people know who not to pick.

BoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoink
BoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoink

I’m just confused as to why we still think Jews are the nefarious plotters. That shit is so 18th century. Can we get a hip new bigot trend already? Maybe everyone can be irrationally angry at the Bahá’í Faith for the next couple of hundred years instead.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!

I’m not gonna say a thing. I’m just gonna leave that there. If this is the typa thing you spam on the internets… I’m not gonna say a thing
Edit: keyboard arrrghhhh!

ColeYote
ColeYote

Please, Jews are probably the only minority he hasn’t said anything shitheaded about yet.

And Donald Trump calling Hillary Clinton the most corrupt candidate ever while he’s losing a $50,000,000 fraud lawsuit sure is rich.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Elie Wiesel died? Crap. 2016 is really murderous 🙁

It’s weird, I was thinking the other day about how I should reread Night. I read it when I was 13 or 14 so it’s been a long time.

I’m not sure I even want to know what the internet Nazis are saying about this.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

To use antisemitism would spell his doom considering that we ally with jewish nations and people still remember nazi=bad.

@WWTH
Basically they like to believe that their version of hero worship of idols extends to Elie weasel and people sympathetic to his cause. What it boils down to them is some form of satisfaction after Scalia croaked the loathesome toad.

greyskye
greyskye

Why are we not talking about the refiling of the federal court case by the victim, alleging Trump knowingly repeatedly had sex with a 13 yr old? That happened last week and I’ve yet to see it really being talked about, it seems like the sort of thing David could do a good break down of.

Moggie
Moggie

Ooglyboggles:

“Jewish nations”?

Kat
Kat

Hillary Clinton’s money is evil.

Donald J. Trump’s money is wondrously magical!

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Donald Trump is a bug zapper for bigots. They just can’t resist him, and it’s gruesome (but fascinating) for the rest of us to watch.

I like how the neo-Nazis think they’re the real deal, and any attempt to soften the message to appeal to the rest of the electorate is just “pandering”. Hate to break it to you boys, but numerically, you’re not going to be deciding this election. The decent adults who make up the other 70-80% of US voters are the ones who need to be persuaded. Guess what: we’re not as easily duped by substanceless hate rhetoric as you.

I’m glad Trump is using a megaphone instead of a dog whistle. He’s running the most blatantly corrupt, ham-handed and incompetent campaign in history, and in doing so he’s ripped the lid off the GOP’s “Southern strategy” and exposed them for what they really are: the party of hatred. This year, it’s going to be hard for the average voter to persuade themselves this is all about “law and order” (aka: scary dark criminals coming for our wimmenz) or “cutting taxes” (aka: hurting black people disproportionately) when you’ve got Trump all but using the N-word on national television.

Trump might not be overtly anti-Semitic, but he’s no friend of Jews. He kept a copy of “Mein Kampf” on his bedside table during the 1990s, according to Ivanka (and this is a guy who hasn’t read a single book since college), and has also made public comments throughout the years that he prefers Jews handling his money, wink nudge wink wink. Also, Trump Sr. had ties to the KKK.

Ouroboros13

@Buttercup, I’m not surprised far right ideology and anti-intellectualism are married together, what with Trump not reading a book except Mein Kampf since college and all. Even the far right people who do seem well-read, from what I’ve seen, only read a small collection of books that agrees with their ideology. (Their philosophers are Evola and Yockey, their social scientists are Rothbard and Murray etc.) They either completely reject everyone else or quote-mine or misquote other people.

Basically, they’re a massive circlejerk, but think everyone is brainwashed. Of course their dishonesty is shared among all political parties and ideologies to some extent or another, but with far right groups the dishonesty is the most blatant form I’ve ever seen. They’re so ludicrous they break Poe’s Law.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Evangacucks? Evangacucks??! That is it. We have finally reached peak cuckmanteau.

pitshade
pitshade

I still can’t get past how the Jewish people are so diabolically clever as to manipulate world events since forever and yet so blindingly stupid as to be fooled by such blatant dog whistles.

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

I have nothing to add to any of this except that I’m worried Romney will swoop in at the convention and be elected on a wave of relief + anti-Hillary sentiment.

JoeB
JoeB

I’m shocked, shocked! that the image was from /pol

richardbillericay
richardbillericay

On a more positive note, he (or his staff) really had to comb through those poll results to find something where the respondents were more negative about Clinton than Trump.

HeinzD
HeinzD

Is there a term for people whose use of certain words out them as members of a social group? Like, the use of ‘cuck’ as an insult outs someone as an alt-right/MRA type.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

One wonders what Ivanka and her hubby think about this stuff? I suppose you can choose your friends, but you can’t choose your family. 🙁

littleknown
littleknown

I suppose you can choose your friends, but you can’t choose your family.

It might be hard to call your father a horrible bigot and racist and disown him, but you can choose whether to continue to publicly support your billionaire father when he runs a presidential campaign that is steeped in racism and misogyny to such an extent that he is revered by neo-Nazis.

She is every bit as complicit as the “Democrats/Hillary are worse” Republicans whose identity is wrapped up in being a supportive member of their political party, no matter the cost.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

@liitleknown

I wonder about Ivanka, surely she should know better than to do this, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors? She has been brought up to smile and be daddy’s little girl. Surely you have seen the worrying picture of them which looks incestuous. The way he talks about her like a bit of meat as well, he sees her in the same way as his beauty pageant girls, as sex objects. Ivana described Heir Trump as sexually violent in her book, maybe this type of thing was so normalised in their house, his daughter grew up with it. If Ivanka defied her father, I think she would have hell to pay. He’s a bully.

littleknown
littleknown

@Virgin Mary

It’s possible there could be real abuse there, but regardless, I have to lean on the side of not taking away her agency.

As far as there being hell to pay: I just don’t see it. Not being willing to part with inheriting your father’s fortune, when you are already financially set for life, doesn’t wash for me.

Not that I feel no compassion for her at all. At the very least, he obviously set a terrible example, and it’s hard to rebel against your parents. But she is an adult. And she is actively supporting his misogyny and racism, promoting it as just “speaking his mind” — and isn’t that great that he’s willing to do that?

Most of my compassion goes to those who would suffer the most if her father were to become President.

Owen
Owen

Some of the stuff in the press makes it looks as if she’s the brains behind the whole outfit – she was apparently the one who got his campaign manager fired. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if she gets the VP nod…

Mish
Mish

@greyskye –

Just saw this a few minutes after reading your comment.

eta: note to self – don’t read the comments after the article. DO NOT read the comments.

reymohammed

I can’t rule out that Trump assented to the marriage out of the idea that a Jew was good enough to have his leavings.

Frantic Caps
Frantic Caps

@HeinzD

Ooh! There’s an absolutely perfect word – ‘shibboleth’.

Redsilkphoenix
Redsilkphoenix

Just…how would someone go about determining The Most Corrupt Candidate Ever? What are the criteria for determining this? And how far back does ‘ever’ go here? If it goes back at least as far as George Washington’s time, how does one adjust for attitudes and culture that were acceptable back then, but are considered repugnant today? So many questions on this that I haven’t even started to think of yet….

(No, I’m not agreeing with this ‘assessment’ of Clinton; she’s no worse than any other recent candidate I can think of. Just wondering what a (relatively) objective test would be to determine who’s the Most Corrupt Candidate Ever would look like.)

Jules
Jules

BoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoinkBoink:

Don’t worry, Iran’s been on that one since like the 1800s. Perfect for the NWO conspiracy theorist shopping for a new secret villain. Actually, don’t they get accused of being “Zionist spies”? …There’s just no escaping it….

Greyskye
Greyskye

@Mish – thanks for the link. Excellent, excellent article. Frankly I find it extremely disturbing that everyone is loosing their minds about Hillary’s emails when Trump may actually have raped children and no one is talking about it.

(I don’t mean no one here specifically, just no one in general in the media).

Considering all the facts of the story (Epstein’s history etc) the case seems extremely plausible.

History Nerd
History Nerd

Nazis and fascists are actually a significant portion of the population. At least a few million people in the U.S. explicitly agree with those beliefs (strong authoritarianism, racism, militarism, a type of “socialism for the middle class” that rejects social justice, etc.). It’s just that those views are completely rejected in mainstream society and most fascists are not a member of any organization. The Daily Stormed gets a lot of regular page views.

I don’t think Trump is as full blown of a fascist, but he’s definitely relying on those people for support.

Banananana dakry
Banananana dakry

@Jules

And here I thought it was Islam in Iran that had it out for the Zoroastrians. Never mind Iran was where Zoroastrianism was born lo these many centuries/ millennia ago, details you know.

rugbyyogi
rugbyyogi

Nice open letter to Trump’s son-in-law from one of his employees: http://observer.com/2016/07/an-open-letter-to-jared-kushner-from-one-of-your-jewish-employees/

To be honest, when I first saw that image it didn’t immediately strike me as anti-semitic because the focus is Hillary Clinton and she’s not Jewish. So I still see it as a ‘just a star-shape’ rather than the Star of David – that’s my personal reaction – and I tend to focus on the factually incorrect ‘most corrupt candidate’.

But let’s say it was an honest mistake (it wasn’t ) – the fact that both anti-semites and folk more well versed in anti-semitic imagery read something in it that both I and the meme maker didn’t, should have resulted in an apology and a disavowal rather than a shoddy edit and subsequent retweet.

And I do believe that the intent was anti-Semitic – which makes it offensive to me on that level even though the way I read the image doesn’t feel anti-Semitic.

Ray of Rays
Ray of Rays

@Banananana dakry

I thought it was the Baha’i Iran had it out for? Zoroastrians were the first group after the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) to be treated as dhimmi, protected religions, by the early Muslims, the Prophet acknowledged them as a major philosophical inspiration to the Abrahamic faiths, and it was around much longer than any of them. I could be wrong, but I’d be honestly surprised.

The Iranian clerical establishment mainly has it out for any religion founded after Islam (for supposedly going against Muhammad’s status as the “Seal of the Prophets”), and since Baha’i was founded just two centuries ago and incorporates Abrahamic mythology…

littleknown
littleknown

@rugbyyogi

That open letter is very important.

To add on: the Twitter account, FishBoneHead1, on which it originated on 6/15 tweeted at white nationalist accounts and repeatedly made racist jokes. http://archive.is/GiMRU

The image showed up on 4-chan on 6/22. The neo-Nazis there went crazy for it. A little more than a week later, it makes it through Trump’s “vetting process”, and he tweets it out.

But it’s very important to Jared Kushner and Ivanka that their father/-in-law not be seen as anti-Semitic.

Why should he have to disown the gleefully anti-Semitic neo-Nazis who are his most fervent supporters, and whose know-nothing xenophobia he tweets and retweets constantly?

Any Jewish journalist who writes about it gets a flood of “Haha it’s a Sheriff’s star, you stupid Jew York liberal. Gas the K***s 2016” tweets. Trump himself tweets, “It’s a sheriff’s star, you stupid, corrupt liberal media”.

And Jared and Ivanka are giving him all the cover he needs to do this.