a woman is always to blame andrea hardie antifeminism antifeminist women big daddy government crackpottery evil single moms FemRAs FeMRAsplaining irony alert judgybitch misogyny MRA

JudgyBitch: Young Brits voted #Remain because they want the EU to be their daddy

This Big Daddy notices a powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity coming from Canada

The quarterly WHTM Pledge Drive continues! If you appreciate this blog, and can afford it, please click the “donate” button below. Thanks!

Leave it to Canada’s most enthusiastic Trump fan who doesn’t think women should be allowed to vote to come up with perhaps the most ingeniously ludicrous theory about Brexit that has been set forth so far.

In a post on her JudgyBitch blog, Andrea Hardie (aka “Janet Bloomfield”) tries her hand at political pop psychology, MRAsplaining the popularity of the “Remain” vote among younger British voters as the result of their being raised by single mothers.

No, really. As Hardie sees it, young Brits hunger for a political substitute for the daddy they never had in real life — and have found their ideal father figure in the European Union, of all people international entities.

Hardie dismisses the legitimate concerns younger Brits have about Brexit — concerns that happen to be shared by economists, investors, the agencies that rate the credit-worthiness of government bonds, and Chuck Tingle — pretending instead that millennial Brits are just whiny brats upset that Brexit might ruin their vacation plans.

Or, as Hardie puts it, in her inimitable style,

Oh, boo hoo. I want to go to Spain for the weekend and I’ll need to find my passport, boohoo I’m so oppressed…. Essentially, it amounts to ‘I will experience a tiny bit of inconvenience and I am far too precious for something as horrifying as inconvenience.’

But the real driver of the “Remain” vote amongst the young, Hardie suggests, is their daddy hunger.

Remain says ‘I miss my real Daddy but you’ll do, EU’.

Is it really surprising that the generation raised by proud single mothers, the generation more likely to have a smart phone than a dad who lives in the home with them, is crying out for the boundary setting paternalism of the EU? What is the EU other than the Daddy substitute most modern liberal democratic governments represent?

I’m pretty sure that the EU is actually “a union of European nations created by treaty and put into effect in 1993 for the purpose of working gradually toward an economic and political unification of Europe by means of a unified monetary policy, a common currency, standardized laws of commerce and trade, etc.”

Also, there is no “generation raised by proud single mothers.” The overwhelming majority of children in the UK are raised in two-parent homes.

After depositing her first lump of nonsense on Daddy EU, Hardie takes a moment to remind us just how bad it is that women are allowed to vote.

Recall that after suffrage, the first thing women voted for was lifetime alimony – all the benefits of being married, but none of the responsibilities, and women have continued to vote to replace personal, family bonds with government ones.

Then, in an impressive display of sophistry, she pivots back to Daddy EU:

Now women have done one better, and raised a generation of whimpering, weak-minded, responsibility averse, perpetually aggrieved moaners for whom the need to make difficult, complex choices is always someone else’s responsibility. In the case of Brexit, that’s the EU.

Er, what? I’m having a teensy bit of a problem figuring out how the complicated matrix of international agreements that underpins the EU has anything to do with the personal responsibilities of twentysomething Brits. Are the youth of Britain deciding to drink even more heavily on weekends than the youth of Britain traditionally have because they think Big Daddy EU is going to send a car to make sure they get home safe and sound?

This is a generation raised in daycare centers because Mommy was too busy cooking, cleaning or caring for others for money, and so plagued with guilt that junior’s every whim was indulged immediately, all while Daddy was either torn from the home or so emasculated he needed written permission to touch his own balls.

Yeah, I don’t think that last bit is a thing outside of Femdom fetishism.

Brexit is just the beginning. Leave is often cast as ‘rejecting the liberal world order’, but what they have really rejected is the female world order.

The … female world order? Here’s a picture of the European Parliament.

The European Parliament, doing European Parliament things
The European Parliament, doing European Parliament things

I’m pretty sure most of those people are dudes.

Women, (mis)led by feminists, have shackled the traditional powers of both men and women and tried to replace them with Big Daddy government.

Repeating the same nonsense over and over doesn’t make it any more true.

The EU is under attack from Islamic invaders, once civil societies now have rape and crime rates that rival the world’s biggest cesspools, the economy is rigged to deliver returns principally to shareholders and not workers, and the global elite have eaten naïve politicians pandering to irrational women voters alive.

The West is on the brink of collapse, and the adults in the room are finally reaching their limits.

And apparently, at least in Hardie’s mind, the best solution to a world on the brink of collapse is to … push it off a cliff?

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III | June 28, 2016 at 11:11 pm
Ok, read the article now. TLDR, there is literally nothing that happens on God’s green earth that JB can’t use as a sort of microwave for reheating the same stupid argument she always uses.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Okay, setting aside all the brainlessness and misery, this comment section has settled something for me.

Light has dawned. All those daft people who “comment” on climate change science – the prime area for astounding displays of distilled Dunning-Kruger effect – will no longer be distinguished by categorising as tinfoil hat arguments. They’re much better described as underpants-on-head thinking.

kale
kale

…but ….violence is actually on the decline, at least in some places by some metrics, no?

EJ (The Other One)

@kale:

I can’t speak for anywhere except Europe, because I don’t have the statistics, but:

Violent crime has been dropping since the mid-90s and has really plummeted since 2003. (Except: Greece during their meltdown, but that’s kind of a special case.) Overall during the period 2003 – 2007 the number of reported serious crimes has fallen steadily year on year in every part of the EU. Since 2007 this has no longer been true; however this is mostly because of a rise in nonviolent property crime (according to EU statistics, largely driven by burglaries). Violent crime has continued to fall.

In many places we are now the safest that we have ever been, and this continues to be true year after year.

What we are seeing, I think, is that as the background level of violent crime fades away, the political violence is more visible because it’s not camouflaged against a background of random violence any more. We are becoming a more peaceful society, year on year, and thus we become steadily more and more horrified by the violence that still remains.

We’re winning, “we” here being the people who would rather live in a safe, civilised world. The people who are alarmed are those who cherish their violent heroic dominance fantasies, and are scared that they may no longer get to act them out.

rugbyyogi
rugbyyogi

Well, she’s right about one thing. I think given the penetration rates of smart phones, UK children ARE more likely to have a smart phone in the house than two parents. But the same could be said of electricity and running water.

In fact, there are more smart devices than parents in my son’s two households.

richardbillericay
richardbillericay

My knowledge of Britain in the EU doesn’t extend to knowing you need a passport to travel to other EU countries, but I’m going to explain why some people want to stay. There is one exception Ireland – free movement between Eire and Northern Ireland was part of the Good Friday peace deal, so what’s going to happen there is anyone’s guest. I notice the only vocal leave supporter in my FB feed would be entitled to an Irish passport.

@ Richard

We had a bit of a discussion here about the history of the Free Travel Area some while back; but in summary it’s been around in one form or another since 1922 (suspended during WW2).

Lea
Lea

She manages to be so pompous in her absolute wrongness that Mel Brooks might have written her in a moment of comic brilliance.

@ Lea

It was Mel Brooks’ birthday yesterday (he’s 90) 🙂

Kevin
Kevin

I sometimes wonder where Ms Hardie gets her half baked ideas from. It’s not just the millenial generation she so despises that voted ‘remain.’ Most of my family did. My dad lived through WW11 and doesn’t want to see that kind of disaster happen again. My Maltese uncle was a remainer as he saw how membership allowed infrastructure development and the tourist trade flourish there. Madam and I voted ‘remain’ because we felt changes would cause unnecessary instability. Our son was a remainer as he wanted to preserve his generation’s continental study and job opportunities. The only puzzle was why my half Maltese cousin was an outer as he’s married to a Czech citizen.
As a footnote, I’m surprised Judgybitch hasn’t yet thrown her toys out of her pram over Canada’s increasingly close relationship with the EU.

Alan Robertshaw

This story is doing the rounds here in the UK.

In summary, three men on Manchester tram abusing passengers. Man calls them out on it. They then turn on him with racist abuse along the lines of “Go back to Africa”

Not that it matters, but the guy is an ex US Marine. He’s lived here 18 years and works as a university lecturer and rugby league coach.

In good news, the other passengers all stood by him, the three racists have been arrested and the chap is getting tons of support and tributes on social media.

More here:

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

A big reason people think there’s more violence and war than ever is the easy availability of information. We can access news from all over the world online or on TV anytime of the day or night. We can read about a gruesome murder half a world away that might not have even been a blurb in the newspaper 50 or 100 years ago.

Ellesar
Ellesar

Andrea Hardie never fails to disappoint. She can always be relied on to have an opinion on something that is derived from no logical connection to the original topic.

I do hope that she sticks to her principles (!) and does not vote.

RosaDeLava
RosaDeLava

I didn’t even read, because this is the sort of crap from a Trump supporter I won’t put up with.

StarStorm
StarStorm

You know… I saw “Chuck Tingle” and was like… wait, what did he do with Brexit?

Good lord. That man is a treasure.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko

@StarStorm

“Pounded by the Pound” is catchy as hell.
I also love “Pounded in the Butt by Chuck Tingle’s Hugo” by… Tuck Chingle.

That man is a treasure.

ligne
ligne

StarStorm: he’s the hero we don’t deserve, but who we so desperately need.

Sascha Vykos
Sascha Vykos

Ellesar

I do hope that she sticks to her principles (!) and does not vote.

I doubt it.

She has to vote out of spite. Or because that way it will be like giving her husband an extra vote, which he needs because reasons.

I’m sure she has some dumb excuse for why those “principles” don’t apply to her and I’m equally sure she votes. Because they aren’t principles, they’re excuses to complain about people who don’t vote the way she thinks they should.

As an aside- is she employed, I wonder? Maybe I’m an asshole, but every time I hear a woman complaining about other women because they work for a paycheck or vote, I think it’s mostly because they don’t want to do those things and those of us who do ruin their stupid, sad “but I have a vagina” excuse.

I am a woman. I work for a paycheck and I vote. For what possible reason would she care about any of that except that she doesn’t like who I vote for and it undercuts her excuse to stay home all day, possibly wearing orange make-up while writing box wine fueled manifestos on the evils of women who work and vote? Also I just have a hard time imagining any employer keeping her around for longer than it would take to fire her. She can not be fun to work with.

I don’t know. I know women who don’t work for regular paychecks, men who don’t either. For lots of reasons, most of them good. You know what they don’t do? Complain endlessly on the internet that other people working for regular paychecks and voting will end civilization.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

@alan

You beat me to it. I was going to point out we have always needed passports, EU or no EU. Janet’s lady brain must be overheating with all her anger.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Sascha Vykos | June 29, 2016 at 8:29 pm
As an aside- is she employed, I wonder?

Eh, not really. She just runs her blog (which a lot of us have pointed out takes away from the time she should, according to her, be spending with her kids because she’s a mother), which I think gets ad revenue and there are some manospherians who give her money. She had a Patreon, but I don’t recall if it was taken down or not because she said she wanted to “buy a crossbow to shoot feminists in the face” with it, and that went against Patreon’s ToS.

So, her “job” is just running her blog, but it’s not doing as well as she used to I guess, so now she’s trying to pander to the alt-right with a bad spray-on tan.

Sascha Vykos
Sascha Vykos

She’s a mother?

No of course she is. Because what good mother doesn’t spend her time on the internet complaining about how bad other women are and how they shouldn’t spend their valuable child time working “outside of the home” and voting.

Orange is the new bullshit?

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

@Sascha: Nope, I’m dead serious. She’s a mother with a couple of kids, and her husband is a professor at a local university.

So, she’s privileged enough to be able to work from home, but she doesn’t really consider it working, I guess?

The inner workings of JB’s mind will forever be a mystery to me, and I’m actually very thankful for that.

Sascha Vykos
Sascha Vykos

So someone else pays her bills and she thinks the world works that way for everyone.

How not surprising.

Sascha Vykos
Sascha Vykos

Is it illegal to poop on that bitches lawn?

What if I’m just walking along and I have to poop real bad ><

Sascha Vykos
Sascha Vykos

In Canada ><

Kat
Kat

@Sascha Vykos

Is it illegal to poop on that bitches lawn?

What if I’m just walking along and I have to poop real bad

In Canada ><

In my opinion, no. It is not illegal to poop on her lawn.

Born Free
John Barry, Don Black

Born free, as free as the wind blows
As free as the grass grows
Born free to follow your heart

Live free, and beauty surrounds you
The world still astounds you
Each time you look at a star

Stay free, where no walls divide you
You’re free as a roaring tide
So there’s no need to hide

Born free, and life is worth living
But only worth living
Cause you’re born free!

Kat
Kat

@Alan
Ha, ha!

I understand that Boris Johnson looked pale and shaken the morning after the vote. Be careful what you campaign for. . . .

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

I am very sure that the ideal outcome for Johnson, the one he really wanted, was a narrow win for Remain.

That way he would have had absolutely no political and economic nuclear fallout to deal with, and could present himself as the true champion of the British people when he stood for leader of the Tory party.

It would also, laugh-through-gritted-teeth enough, have been the best outcome for the UK in its negotiations with the EU (“ooh, look at our scary scary brexit vote – they nearly won! Give us EVEN MORE SPECIAL STATUS EXEMPTIONS AND LET US PICK EVEN MORE CHERRIES or we might have to leave, oo-er!). This is what Johnson and his sleazy racketeers really wanted. He would have painted himself as the man who managed to get what Cameron couldn’t.

As it is, of course, we have just blithely thrown away every last scrap of our special-snowflake exemptions and will be “negotiating” with practically no cards in our hand at all. As a nation, we deserve it – the sad thing is that inevitably, as usual, the poorest regions and individuals – not the people who told the lies, but a great many of the people who fell for them – will be the ones actually paying the price in job-losses and welfare cuts, while the Bullingdon boys and the pedlars of lies are personally completely unscathed.

Oh, and I just found out today that one of my siblings (the richest one) is a brexiter. Fucking great.

@ kat

Indeed. It’s so funny that the highest office in the land is now being treated as a ticking time-bomb of dog excrement.

“We need someone to be Prime Minister. Also, the toilet’s blocked.”

“I’ll get my gloves.”

As you probably know Boris only sought to stuff Cameron. Even his dad (who was both an MEP and a member of the EU Commission) dropped him in it the other night by pointing out that Boris, like the rest of the family, was until a few months ago a committed Europhile. And Michael Gove’s wife has revealed he went to bed quite contentedly expecting a ‘remain’ vote, then she had to wake him up with “I think you need to switch on the TV”.

Still, it all seems to be settling down now. It’s just a matter of face saving. I think Juncker will end up being the sacrificial lamb on this one.

ETA: Ninja’d by Opposable Thumbs who’s got it spot on.

This Guy Who Just Showed Up Outta Nowhere, I Dunno
This Guy Who Just Showed Up Outta Nowhere, I Dunno

Well, that was Freudian.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Actually I’m getting the feeling this sibling has swung so far right it’s depressing. Like I wasn’t feeling down enough already :-\
Eh, we haven’t been close for years. It’s still sad to get concrete evidence that someone you grew up with has become someone you don’t know at all 🙁

@ kat

Many a true word spoken in jest. Boris has just ruled himself out as Prime Minister.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Alan, just wondered if you had any thoughts on this article about the legality or otherwise of implementing the referendum result:

?

@ opposable thumbs

Heh, you must be psychic; was just reading that.

It verges into “so wrong it’s not even wrong” territory. I was just digging out some relevant cases; but most of the commentators have already picked it to pieces.

To cover his main points:

Courts will not interfere or allow judicial review of manifesto commitments; whatever the underlying motive.

The making or breaking of treaties is within the gift of the Sovereign and therefore the Prime Minister of the day can exercise the power through the Royal Prerogative.

It’s a principle of legal interpretation that “Parliament never legislates in contradiction of its treaty obligations”. So there’s no need for a vote to remove the European Community Act. If Article 50 is invoked then it will be subject to ‘implied repeal’.

There are some really interesting legal and constitutional points thrown up by this whole mess, but not the ones in the article. 🙂

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Ah, does that mean there’s actually no way MPs could obstruct invocation of Art 50, then – even assuming enough of them want to?

@ opposable thumbs

Whether there’s no way is one of the constitutional issues that people have been discussing.

The referendum result is technically only advisory; but it does give the PM the power to serve the notice should she* want to.

Theoretically MPs could table a vote of no confidence in the government and then if successful there’d be a general election and a new government could be elected on a ‘not serve the notice’ platform (I think down the line that’s exactly what will happen) but such a course takes time and there’s nothing they could do to stop the PM serving the notice in the interim.

Similarly tabling legislation prohibiting the serving of the notice would also take too long; assuming they could even get the votes to do that.

Most MPs are remainers but only David Lammy has suggested trying to overturn the referendum result itself. In an atmosphere where so many people are saying ‘politicians disregard our views’ MPs have recognised that they need to be seen to at least take the result seriously.

There doesn’t seem to be any great enthusiasm to actually serve the notice though on any side, so I anticipate there’ll be a general election before it ever is (and I doubt it will be)

[* I’ve revised my opinion about Theresa May’s chances]

maruani
maruani

What I don’t get, is the “child in daycare, mum plagued with guilt” part. Where I live in Europe, daycare is pretty common, most people (including those who are professionals in developement-psychology) think that it is a good thing for the kid too.
So nut much guilt is present overall, at most there the “poor thing, those first two weeks were pretty awful for them” kind.
I’m really genuinely curious: is it a common belief in North-America, that daycare-kids mothers should feel guilt, or is it only the part of the MRA bullshit?

trackback

[…] “freedom” and revenge against “elitists”) while the “Stay” vote emphasized rationality and expert opinions. Such rhetoric is just another demonstration of “playing politics” to earn votes, the […]