MGTOW misogyny poll reddit

POLL: “It only gets worse,” and other totally inspiring MGTOW slogans

MGTOWs only wish they were this cool
MGTOWs only wish they were this cool

So over in the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit, some of the regulars are trying to come up with pithy, clever new slogans that will help them to “help our brothers wake up” to the reality of how women are a bunch of icky shrews.

Now you can help the MGTOWs by voting for your favorite slogan below. As you take this poll, please try to remember that these are ACTUAL SUGGESTIONS FROM ACTUAL MGTOWS who think they could be a great way to recruit new members.

If you happen to come up with a better suggestion, you can vote for it instead; if there are enough good ones, I can set up a sort of runoff election including them.

MGTOWs: As terrible at slogans as they are at everything else!

LinuxLea
LinuxLea

@winter_sky: It get’s better! Don’t harm yourself!

Cleverforagirl
Cleverforagirl

To all mitgows:

The way I was taught to remember who/whom. Now my English is subpar so don’t take this as gospel.

If the answer is “he” use who. Ex. Who is that?

If the answer is “him” use whom. Ex. For whom does the bell toll?

Next up: cooking for mitgows:how not to set yourself on fire.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I don’t see the comment from Winter Sky that everyone is referring to, but if you’re in the US, the national suicide prevention hotline is 1-800-273-TALK. Please call it or let us now if you’re in a different country and someone will find the appropriate helpline number.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@wwth

I assumed David didn’t let the comment through, due to the content. Judging from the links David posted, he probably has reason to believe they are in Australia.

pitshade
pitshade

I don’t see the comment from winter_sky either but please be ok.

makroth
makroth

I voted for ”the best villain” one because of how many people it can apply to. It’s actually pretty inspiring. Unfortunately, the target of their anger is very much misplaced.

Also @winter_sky

Just talk to us. Tell us about you problems, or your favourite movies, or the weather or how often you pick your nose. Anything! Just come back and talk. Please!

makroth
makroth

”It only gets worse”

Not always.

NiOg
NiOg

my entry in ‘other’:

MGTOW: if you’ll like are grammar you’ll lover are ideaology too!

Viscaria
Viscaria

Winter sky, please don’t hurt yourself. You matter. We care what happens to you. I really hope you will contact us (or at least David) again and let us know what’s going on.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Off topic, just a thought:

This commentariat should have a podcast.

kupo
kupo

@winter sky
I’ve been there. It’s really, really difficult, but it can get better. We don’t know each other but I would like to know you, even of it’s only through comments on here. You do matter. You’ve reached out for a human connection and you’ve found one. We’re here to listen.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

“Whom” is to MGTOW sentences as marble and gold is to Donald Trump’s bathrooms.

MGTOWs know words. They have the best words. The classiest. The rest of us will be sorry someday when there are grammarbots & wurrds will B obsoleced.

So yeah, that last one got my vote. I badly want to see them cram that entire sentence onto a T shirt, and get mad when people ignore their obvious T shirt conversation bait and still don’t approach them.

@winter_sky – please let us know you’re OK! We care about you, and we’re here for you.

2D-Man
2D-Man

MGTOW: Never actually go.

Edit: alternatively, MGTOW: I had a thesaurus once.

Redsilkphoenix
Redsilkphoenix

I take it MGTOW like ice cream koans? XD Because none of these makes sense. At all.

Seanly
Seanly

I like the one that takes the time to use “whom” incorrectly and then goes further off the rails with each word.

AltoFronto
AltoFronto

Too many words, very little sense, badly mangled grammar, pretentious and utterly incorrect use of the dative case “whom”, black-and-white thinking… Yep, that last slogan is the MGTOWiest.

@ Winter Sky, please come back to us. We’re all concerned about you.

CMH
CMH

@Redsilkphoenix

Ice cream koans? I die laughing.

Better than dying from the vicarious shame of the villain slogan. It hurts my English teacher brain to read it.

sevenofmine
sevenofmine

I mean it has to be the last one, right? Horrible grammar, appalling misuse of language, completely incoherent. Truth in advertising, etc.

14 Cats And Counting!
14 Cats And Counting!

Well, I’m sorry. But I just can’t bring myself to vote for any of these “brilliant” slogans. I mean, Oscar Wilde and George Bernard Shaw must be turning over in their graves with envy because they never created anything so witty!

Seriously, do you have to take some type of oath before you’re allowed to post in the manosphere? Something to the effect of “From this day forward I will renounce all correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. I will never use my spell checker and I will produce sentences so convoluted that they would baffle Gertrude Stein!” I think I got this idea after watching Homer join the Stone-cutters on the Simpsons last night.

I could be wrong, but way back in my mind I seem to remember some old country tune that reminds me so much of the MGTOW. The title was something like, “How Can I Forget You If You Won’t Go Away?” Right or wrong the title does pinpoint the the major flaw in the MGTOW philosophy.

@Winter Sky – Please don’t disappear. We’re genuinely worried about u. Contacting David who is a decent and compassionate man was a fine start and there is a community of really wonderful people here who want to help!

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

<3 winter sky. Depression is super rough, and can seem really inescapable. But it is. And you can get out of it. We're here to listen if you want to.

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

@wintersky
Hiya, Sky, I’m Axe. We’re worried about ya. I’m worried about ya. Whadya say we talk this thru. We’re all here, whenever you’re ready <3

@makroth

Not always

Thanks for that 🙂

Bob
Bob

I voted for “It only gets worse” because when your entire life philosophy is built around pure unadulterated hate, it sure ain’t gonna get better.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

I found a few other authentic MGTOW slogans. Enjoy.

Google MGTOW and find the best man within yourself.

Mhm…

Dude, you want more 20’s and less of these? google MGTOW

Not sure if the word “dude” needs to be in there. Also, what does “these” refer to?

MGTOW

Not your protectors
Not your providers
Not your ATMs

No fair play ? Go your own way

A bit long. Did he have to say both “providers” and “ATMs”?

MGTOW

No Marriage
No Divorce
No alimony
No Children
No child support
No fair play ? Go your own way

Same guy. Obviously.

MOW over LAWNS

Confused? He explains: “MOW over LAWNS stands for:
My Own Way over Lazy Arsed Weak Nobody (SIMPS)”

Still confused? “SIMP” means “Sucker Idolizing Mediocre P*ssy”.

STILL confused? Yeah, me too.

A wife? An entire lifetime of nagging, incalcuable financial woes and worries.

Bachelor? $200 hr for pussy, the other 23 free. Priceless!

He clarifies: “in mastercard commercialesque fashion”

My wallet, my choice.

Timeless classic.

I also found that Ol’ Manboobz did another “MGTOW slogans” post a long long time ago: http://manboobz.blogspot.se/2011/04/two-holes-dont-make-right-and-other.html

🙂

Tovius
Tovius

I voted for that last one for its complete failure to be pithy.

Saphira
Saphira

@wintersky — I have no idea who you are or where you’re at, but that doesn’t matter. I know depression sucks because I’ve battled it myself. It does get better with help. Please talk to someone who cares even if it’s just us here in the comments. And please stay safe.

Peep
Peep

“MGTOW: Mad about dates we don’t go on”

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

MGTOW: Still mad about Veronica Eastman in 10th Grade

MGTOW: I’m not touching yooouuu…

MGTOW: Eventually

MGTOW: Did you get the Fruit Rollups, mom?

PUAs: Chad
MRAs: Mikey
#GGers: Jake
MGTOWs: Caleb

MGTOW: [slurs]

MGTOW: A drunk, Friday night hatewank given sentience and a subreddit

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

“Are you also angry at everything for no particular reason? Welcome to MGTOW.”

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Is anyone else unable to open the site with Internet Explorer? I emailed David about it, but I was curious if anyone else was having trouble. It’s fine on my phone though. Just thought it was strange.

serrana
serrana

There are some doves that nest in the wooded spot behind my bedroom that say “whom, whom, whom.” Doves aren’t as smart as owls.

Freemage
Freemage

Imaginary Petal:

#4 is a classic, if for no other reason than the random capitalization syndrome he suffers from.

That penultimate one, though… how hard is it to actually ape the damn Mastercard commercial formula? I could do better than that at it. Of course, the reason he choked is likely because the formula doesn’t work the way he wants it to with the items he named, since you’re not supposed to be contrasting the ‘priced’ items to the ‘priceless’ one, but rather be led to the notion that you can get the last item via purchasing all the little stuff along the way.

So, I think the ‘proper’ version would go something like this:

Game Console: $200
Large HD Flatscreen TV: $1000
Overstuffed Sofa: $450
Hooker for one hour: $200

Spending the other 167 hours a week however you want: Priceless

The best things in life are MGTOW; for everything else, there’s Mastercard.

See? Was that really so hard?

And… now I need a shower. “Able to get into the mindset of horrible people” is, like, the worst superpower ever.

Right, I need to purge with an honest version:

High-speed Internet access: $80
Reddit Account: Free
Frothing Misogyny: No sense of human decency

Ranting on the internet: Valueless

The best things in life require some sense of human decency to enjoy; for everything else, there’s MGTOW.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

@ winter sky, I missed seeing your message earlier – but I really hope you might have come back and seen what all these people here have been saying (honestly, this place is full of some really lovely, loving, insightful people). People who sympathise with your situation, who have some – or a lot – of an idea what it’s like, and who would really love for you to stay and talk. I very much hope that you are all right, and that you talk to someone wherever and whenever you feel you can.
Depression and the like are incredibly convincing liars; it’s hard not to listen to them sometimes. I hope you don’t listen to the depression gang, and talk to (a) good person/people instead.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

“Where there is truth, there is [no truth].”

I… What? Halp.

@winter_sky

Please let us know you’re okay. <3 Virtual hugs if wanted.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

“MGTOW: Wherever two or three are gathered together in a comment thread that mentions women, however tangentially, we are there in the midst of them.”

Anabanana bananabandana
Anabanana bananabandana

Hi, I’m a longtime lurker. I’ve posted before, but I don’t remember the user name I used.

Anyway, slogans.

MGTOW: Ragequitting real life.

MGTOW: The reason the robots will revolt.

MGTOW: A microwaved cantaloupe will never judge me.

MGTOW: Easier to work into a lather than shampoo.

MGTOW: Genetic drift done right.

kupo
kupo

@WWTH
There’s nothing strange about IE not loading a Web page.

If you can download Chrome or Firefox I highly recommend it.

Kat
Kat

@Winter Sky
We’re all rooting for you. We’re here to talk. Or else call the numbers David gave you.

Can you let us know you’re okay?

All best wishes.

Kat
Kat

Grammer & spelling * punktuation r 4 chicks. And other losert.

Weent my own way — now I bath once a month. At most. Wining.

Dumped my wif. Now i scratch my armpits when i fell lik it. More wining.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Kupo,
Yeah, I went back and forth between Chrome and IE on my old laptop. Haven’t gotten around to downloading Chrome on the newish (10 month old) one yet. I’m a lazy ass 🙁

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Buttercup won the thread as usual. :p

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Anabanana wins slogans.

Also has a name that induces a serious case of Nanny Ogg’s poly-na effect.

Mish
Mish

@Arctic Ape, can you imagine how Nanny Ogg would deal with MGTOWs??? I would pay a great deal to see that.

@winter sky – I don’t know what to say, except to echo everyone else: please talk to us (or someone else, if you prefer) and please take care of yourself. No-one is garbage. You have a right to exist and you have a place in this world.
If you are in Australia, I’m over in Brisbane 🙂

eloli
eloli

Voted for “it only gets worse”.
Concise, and a perfect description of what happens when you follow the MGTOW path, or the MRA path for that matter. 😀

Alais

Commitment kills sex.

Not to rain on their parade or anything…(I kid, of course. I so want to rain on their parade)…but isn’t that statistically false and kind of an absurd contention? Aren’t people in committed relationships more likely to have regular sex than people who aren’t in committed relationships? Not just because the emotional bonding enhances desire but also because being in a romantic relationship that involves sex means that you have way more opportunities to find a person (in this case, your partner) who wants to have sex with you when you also want to have sex with them?

But oh wait. I forgot. Women don’t actually want to have sex, and we only do it in order to entrap men. Our vaginas are basically Venus Fly Traps. We look like we’re going to offer free sex, but once you commit to flying in, we snap ourselves shut, and then you can’t get sex or get out without being…(dun dun dun)…divorce-raped!

Anoia
Anoia

MGTOW: For men who pee in their own cereal and blame women for the bad taste

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Kat | June 14, 2016 at 10:28 pm
Grammer & spelling * punktuation r 4 chicks. And other losert.

Weent my own way — now I bath once a month. At most. Wining.

Dumped my wif. Now i scratch my armpits when i fell lik it. More wining.

This reminds me of that troll who came in here saying he wasn’t using proper grammar and spelling because he wasn’t trying to flirt with us and we weren’t worth the effort, in a very, very, very sad attempt to neg us.

Her Grace Phryne
Her Grace Phryne

Winter Sky, you are valuable and loved because you’re human. You exist. Your worth is not tied to what you produce or what you do, you have intrinsic value and depression lies and tells you you don’t. It LIES. You have stories to share and people you haven’t met yet. Whatever depression is telling you, it LIES. Fight it, as hard as you can, and you don’t have to do it alone; you have people who care, who are willing to support you, who have been there. Please accept the help that’s offered; it’s a sign of strength to be able to do so.

Alais

Winter Sky, please don’t let depression convince you that you have to do x number of things or make x number of widely recognized contributions to be a valuable person. Like Her Grace Phryne said, you have value for being human, and by existing and interacting with the word, you make many small contributions to others’ lives throughout the day. Depression might not let you see the ways that your stories, conversation, writing, and actions are constantly adding to other’s lives, but as Phryne said, you have stories to share that are worth sharing and people to meet whose lives will improve in some way because they know you. I know that it probably sounds like tripe through the depression haze, but even being a basically decent person existing in this world means that you’re going to make someone, somewhere feel better throughout the day just by treating them better than they expected. And you, as a human who’s existed and experienced life, you’ve got perspectives and opinions to offer that are valuable and will sway the minds of less decisive people.

Redsilkphoenix
Redsilkphoenix

@CMH: Blame TV Tropes for that one:

@Phryne: sorry I haven’t responded to your link request before now. Do you have a way I can contact you off-list, since I don’t want to post them in public here?