MGTOW misogyny poll reddit

POLL: “It only gets worse,” and other totally inspiring MGTOW slogans

MGTOWs only wish they were this cool
MGTOWs only wish they were this cool

So over in the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit, some of the regulars are trying to come up with pithy, clever new slogans that will help them to “help our brothers wake up” to the reality of how women are a bunch of icky shrews.

Now you can help the MGTOWs by voting for your favorite slogan below. As you take this poll, please try to remember that these are ACTUAL SUGGESTIONS FROM ACTUAL MGTOWS who think they could be a great way to recruit new members.

If you happen to come up with a better suggestion, you can vote for it instead; if there are enough good ones, I can set up a sort of runoff election including them.

MGTOWs: As terrible at slogans as they are at everything else!

leftwingfox
leftwingfox

Pithy.

As in, I think someone got pithed before coming up with these.

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

“Relationships and slavery are similar…”

comment image

I’m okay with this.

kupo
kupo

Their slogans are as concise and comprehensible as their memes.

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

I’m guessing the longest one, about the “best villain,” was cherry-picked for its spelling and grammar. Not that I feel any sympathy for the dork who wrote it out.

Relationships and slavery are similar… [implication that slavery is a form of punishment].

Oh good! Fractal wrongness!

jp
jp

How about:

MGTOW: As bad at humor as they are at grammar!

(I’m amused by that final slogan. I guess the “writer”–I use the term loosely– meant something like “lure” or “induce”).

pitshade
pitshade

I went with the last one because it’s Malapropisms Going They’re Owen Whey.

Terrabeau
Terrabeau

I voted for the last one based entirely on its obtuseness and the fact that it manages to misuse ‘whom’ twice in the same sentence.

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

Commitment

There are 7.1b humans. A lot of whom were born of committed relationships. Demonstrably false

Worse

Define ‘it’. Worse how? For whom? I get that you think this stuff is self explanatory, but it ain’t

Truth

That actually sounds profound as fuck. Don’t know what it means or what it has to do with going one’s own way. But I like it generally

Slavery

That’s just words. It’s like the punchline to a joke without the build up

Villain

Look at this pretention with the ‘whom’s. And ‘allude’? Use smaller words, breh. You’re not fooling anyone

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

I voted for the last one, because not a single shred of self-awareness was had that day.

pitshade
pitshade

Allude is probably supposed to be delude.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Pithy.

As in, I think someone got pithed before coming up with these.

Malapropisms Going They’re Owen Whey.

Thank you so much for this thread. It has made me laugh audibly at a time when laughs are very few and far between, and it has adorned the day with the above gems to boot :-))))

The actual slogans are indeed a very great pithy. Utterly pithiable.

(oh, and voted for the last one. They don’t come much better and more waaaaay out there on so many levels than that. Such grammaring, so vocabulary, many ideafull 🙂 )

Mewens
Mewens

Pfft, don’t ya’ll know that “whom” is “who” for really smart people? Ones with glasses and such.

Gotta say, I kinda adore “Where there is truth there is none.” I can picture the oh-so-deep villain uttering that in a 3rd-rate Final Fantasy knockoff.

JoeB
JoeB

All are viable options but 4 hurts my soul just on a grammar/usage/word choice level.

ETA: An Orwell quote I have in my notes came to mind:

A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect? And he will probably ask himself two more: 1. Could I put it more shortly? 2. Have I said anything that is avoidably ugly?
-George Orwell

Though the writer of 4 is below that level of advice,
“Don’t use words you don’t understand.”

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

“MGTOW! Because even flat Earthers need someone to laugh at”

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

They’re all pretty terrible, but that thread itself reminded me of the old demotivational memes. My favorite was a ship sinking, captioned “It may be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others,” and I offer up that possibility to all of the MGTOW out there.

Go your own ways, lads. Find your icebergs.

Argle Bargle (formerly Carr)
Argle Bargle (formerly Carr)

Aaaagh, that was a tough one.

I was torn between ”It only gets worse” and ””The best villain would be the one whom takes time to allude people into thinking there the good guy while blaming the one whom actually is.”, but I chose the long one in the end.

On one hand, MGTOW does only get worse the more time you spend reading about it, but damn, the last one is sooo perfect. ”Women are horrible evil bitches and I’m so great and awesome and I’m the victim in the whole thing! My ex left me because she’s stupid and selfish. It was totally not because I was a terrible human being, I’m awesome” is pretty much the gist of pretty much all their complaints.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

“MGTOW: Taking Fleetwood Mac songs at face value since 1977”

Eyes on the Right

I’ve got one:

MGTOW: “Shut up, mom!”

darkstatistic
darkstatistic

Argle Bargle:

I faced the same dilemma, but picked the other. Road less travelled and all.

Michael P
Michael P

I went with the last one for the failed attempt to sound smart by using “whom”.

Also, is that opening image from a Super-Sons story? Those are some of the daffiest comics ever made, and I love them dearly.

pitshade
pitshade

@ Alan

Re: Fleetwood Mac

I can see a good opportunity for a Manalishi reference.

‘Cause you’re the spleen? MGTOW with the stuck on frown…’

MissEB47
MissEB47

I voted for “where there is truth, there is none” because that does not make sense AT ALL. But the last one shows a hilarious lack of self awareness and a crap load of projection. Not to mention the amusing abundance of grammatical errors. *giggles*

Eyes on the Right- that one is perfect! It certainly gets my vote! 😃

pitshade
pitshade

This ad was reported before by someone else, but maybe it was overlooked?

“Find Out Which Hollywood Stars Are Transgender
LikeShareTweet”

Just putting it here in case it was just missed before.

eli
eli

I also voted for “where there is truth, there is none” because it doesn’t make sense and is “slogan-y.” I suppose it means that if they are living their true life, there will be no one there anymore? They will have gone their own way? I do keep wishing they would go ahead and do that for us.

I had trouble making sense of the puddle that is the last one, but I am one who always feels bad for people who overcorrect to show their learnings.

Bina

That last one is so wrong that it would be wrong to call it merely wrong. It’s really quite sincerely wrong (and not just in its pretentiously silly use of “whom”, either!)

However, I went with “It only gets worse”, because it certainly seems to be true…of MGTOW. The more you read their maunderings, the worse indeed they get.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

“Relationships and slavery are similar, except one is voluntary and the other isn’t.”

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Oh my god the fifth one. What did they not understand in “a slogan is a short sentence ?”

RosaDeLava - Praying for Sexbots
RosaDeLava - Praying for Sexbots

Whom whom whom whom whom whom whom!

What? That’s how I laugh!

brian
brian

Oh man, the last one is SO GOOD
it uses “whom” wrong twice, apparently believing that “whom” is just “fancy who,” uses “allude” is if it were synonymous with “delude,” makes a “there/they’re” screwup, is waaaaay too long to be a “slogan,” AND has a really weird structure (“the best villain would be . . .” huh? what do you mean by “best”? why are you stating this like it’s a proposal or suggestion by using “would be” instead of saying something like “The true villain is . . .”?).

(((Hambeast))) now, with more parentheses!
(((Hambeast))) now, with more parentheses!

I voted for the long, clunky, grammatically bollixed up one, mainly because of its clunky and grammatically bollixed-uppedness. But then, I realized that what it’s actually saying is that they think feminists are the ‘best villains’!

ETA: Bah! Apparently, I copied my nym wrong and I’m in moderation. grr.

Bina

Also, “allude”? I think they mean DElude, which is what MGTOW do whenever two or more of them cluster somewhere, kvetching about how much women supposedly hate the “good” guys.

And wrong homophone: should be “they’re”, not “there”. (Going Their Own Way from the English language, again.)

brian
brian

also, be real, David: we ALL wish we were as cool as the guys in the pic at the top.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

That last one is easily the winner. That one should totally go into the glossary.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Like many of you, I voted for the last one because the attempt to sound intelligent by using whom and allude but then using them incorrectly was hilarious.

I think a more fitting slogan for MGTOW would be “Girls have cooties. Why won’t they have sex with me?” I think that about sums them up.

chesselwitt
chesselwitt

I was going to go with “Where there is truth there is none” because it makes no sense, but then I got to the last one and it was just so perfect. It’s a distillation of everything they write: the opposite of pithy, using words to sound smart without actually knowing what they mean, and so convoluted you have to read it three times before you can figure out the point they’re trying to make.

Mundaneinanities
Mundaneinanities

Perhaps these guys could find their own way to a remedial writing class.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

“Always worse than you think”

Park James
Park James

“I wish mom was home, I’m hungry”

That’s my contribution.

Dodom
Dodom

I voted “It only gets worse” because of a forum discussion about suicide where someone talked about bullying and child abuse driving them to attempt suicide and saying that finally their life got a lot better after being an adult and a bad time isn’t forever so anybody else feeling desperate maybe hang on.
It was a very conservative forum, so they got dogpiled by people saying that only a spoiled, selfish, ungrateful child could think like that and they didn’t het half the pain they deserve and “it only gets worse”.
Since then I remember “it only gets worse” as the slogan for bullies and abusers who want to convince their victims there’s no life beyond them.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I had to vote for the “whom” abuse but I was very tempted to vote for “Commitment Kills Sex,” because it’s such a perfect illustration of where their priorities lie.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

I’m surprised one of the choices wasn’t “Bros Before Hos!” 😛 (Spelled just like that. ;))

@Alan Thanks for the ear worm. LOL! *hums at work*

@WWTH I’d vote for that one. 🙂

EJ (The Other One)

The most effective villain would be the one who takes the time to pin their misdeeds upon the hero.

The best villain would be the one who takes the time to delude people into thinking that they are the hero, while blaming the actual hero for their misdeeds.

The best villain would be the one who takes time to delude people into thinking they’re the good guy, while blaming the one who actually is.

– Use this one -Ed

The bestest villain would being the one whom takes time to allude peeps into thinking there the good guy while blaming the one whom actually is.

Te bestest villain wloud being hte 1 whom takes time to allude peeps in to thinking there th good guy w blaming teh 1 whom actually is.

Te bestest villain wloud beingeth hte 1 whom taketh time to allude peeps in to contemplating there th good guy w blaminating teh 1 whom actually be.

ikanreed
ikanreed

How does “whom” work? It just is classier right? There’s no semantic difference. There can’t be: I’m rational.

enjolras
enjolras

MGTOW: Women are like slogans, why take a second pass at either?

snork maiden

That last one reminds me of Sage Gerrard’s pithy slogans for condom wrappers.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Oh winter sky. 🙁

David is right. Depression is a fucking liar.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@winter_sky What David said. Many times over. <3

snork maiden

@Winter Sky,

please come back and talk to us, there are many people here who want you to be okay.

I don’t know you or your history, but I’ve been fighting depression all my life and there were times when I wanted to die, but I’m really glad I didn’t; and the longer I’ve lived the stronger I’ve become.

Like in Dodom’s story, it does get better, even if it doesn’t seem that way right now.

Please don’t hurt yourself.

1 2 3