#gamergate alt-right anti-Semitism antifeminism entitled babies harassment matt forney men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny

Matt Forney celebrates Gawker bankruptcy with harassing Tweets, lack of self-awareness

I honestly don't knw why I made this
Matt Forney, with two heads. I honestly don’t know why I made this.

Yesterday, longtime GamerGate bete noire Gawker Media filed for bankrupcty. On KotakuInAction, Reddit’s main GamerGate hangout, the regulars cheered what they saw as Gawker’s long-deserved demise:

AntonioOfVenice 76 points 1 day ago GAWKER IS DEAD. GAWKER DOESN'T HAVE TO BE YOUR LIBELER. permalinkembedsavereportreply [–]Cosmic_Mind89 25 points 1 day ago Gawker is over. permalinkembedsaveparentreportreply [–]Neo_TechniDon't demand what you refuse to give. 18 points 1 day ago Those obtuse wailing shitslingers permalinkembedsaveparentreportreply [–]TeuthexAwesome Person 3 points 14 hours ago We don't have to be their audience.

Of course, Gawker isn’t actually dead. Bankruptcy gives the company some financial breathing room as it tries to deal with the $140 million in damages a court ordered it to pay former wrestler Hulk Hogan after Gawker idiotically posted a sex tape involving the oversized human.

Still, the GamerGaters celebrated this “victory,” perhaps none of them harder than the odious embarrassment to humanity known as Matt Forney.

This overgrown Cabbage Patch doll is a man well acquainted with media failure — after all, he’s the former “editor” of  reactionary gaming site Reaxxion, Roosh Valizadeh’s hilariously inept (and quite short-lived) attempt to cash in on the GamerGate fad.

(You can read more about Mr. Forney’s illustrious career at Reaxxion here, including the time he posted a GamerGate manifesto that, unknown to him, was almost completely plagiarized from an old John Birch Society newspaper ad, with the words “John Birch society” replaced by “GamerGate” and “Communist” replaced by “SJW.” No, really.)

But Forney didnt let his bittersweet memories of the utter failure of Reaxxion stop him from taking to Twitter to “rub [Gawker’s bankruptcy] in the faces” of Gawker writers and editors by sending them harassing Tweets. He was so proud of what he called his “quality sh*tposts” that he collected them in a Storify,

Let’s just say that Forney is no Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Here are some of the Tweets he sent to Gawker Media dudes. You may notice a theme here.

fff1 fff2 fff3

fff4

In his Storify, he declared these last two Tweets virtual “TKOs.”

Forney took a different tack with women. You may notice a theme here, too.

fff5

fff6

Many of his Tweets were responses to self-deprecating jokes and sarcastic comments from Gawkerites, which led to an assortment of cringey failed zingers like this one:

fff7zinger

And this one, in which Forney reminds us that in addition to being a failed Twitter comedian he is also a raging semi-Nazi.

fff10sefdepjewess

Some of Forney’s Tweets were just puzzling. Is this Tweet suggesting that its recipient commit suicide, or take a lovely relaxing bubble bath?

fff8bubblesuicide

And here he worked in a cultural referent that ceased to be fresh roughly half a century ago:

fff10thal

When Gawker employees took a few seconds of their time to block him on Twitter, Forney did a little victory dance, which inevitably took the form of more uninspired Tweets.

fff12bink

It’s a bit odd that someone who looks and acts more like an overgrown baby than any other adult human I can think of would consider this a brilliant insult.

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

after all, he’s the former “editor” of reactionary gaming site Reaxxion,

I think the site is called ‘The Escapist’, now.

Huggbees
Huggbees

Once again GamerGaters prove they have a mentallity of a 5 year old. No offense to actual 5 year olds.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

Ughhhhhh You are not allowed to have that flag Matt Forney. So gross.

What is it about these jerks that makes them so concerned about their twitter following? “In lieu of real friends, I will determine my self-worth and the worth of others by the number of people what clicked on the butan beside my face.” It’s so painfully shallow.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I know we’ve talked about this before, but it seems that the alt right and/or manosphere likes to construct these boogeymen. They think that if Gawker were to fold, there would somehow be no more progressive media for the rest of eternity. It’s very silly.

dumpster jedi
dumpster jedi

People who judge by your twitter following are the worst. Not that that makes them the worst, but caring far too much about how many followers some private individual has just seems to show up as an extremely common theme among awful, annoying people on twitter.

Scaly Llama
Scaly Llama

My six-year-old niece in her most malevolent mischief-making mood is orders of magnitude greater in maturity than this arsewipe.

(Unrelated – hi again! I’ve been just lurking for a bit while trying to get some personal stuff under control. Thanks for the laughs while I’ve been ‘away’, and the humanity. Y’all rock!)

Mundaneinanities
Mundaneinanities

@Skildfreja, I’m curious, what is the flag?

dslucia
dslucia

I think the site is called ‘The Escapist’, now.

Oof. That stings, though in the face of the last few articles that have been posted by the EiC, I’m not sure I can deny it. The claim that they’re being “centrist” is laughable.

Miriam
Miriam

Unless I’ve been out of big media for too long and something has seriously changed in that time, most, if not all, of the editorial staff are going to go with the publication, especially when its a Chapter 11 restructure and not an outright liquidation.

But I enjoy watching Forney gloat about nothing. I imagine him making dump cakes in celebration and counting his Twitter followers over and over again. Then I stop imagining him, because ew.

PDXSoulSeek
PDXSoulSeek

I think my favorite Matt Forney moment was when he wrote that listical on ROK about why he moved away from Portland. Basically he said that he didn’t want to sleep with any woman here because literally all Portland women have too many tattoos and are fat from eating at food carts at night. (Or, you know, we just laughed his sorry ass out of town.)
Then, of course, the ROK commenters were all basically like, “Uh, you didn’t get any because you’re a beta.” It was an unintentional work of comedic genius.

KindaSortaHarmless
KindaSortaHarmless

@WWTH: Conspiracy theorists (and idiots) of all stripes tend to think like that. I think it’s because it’s easier to believe that there’s one person or group secretly manipulating everything behind the scenes than it is to accept that they are talking completely out of their own asshole and that everyone is against them because they are objectively terrible.

Not to mention that in video games, one tends to instantly win as soon as they defeat the final boss, with all of the lesser enemies immediately just giving up and not continuing the fight. People who spend more time in video games than in the real world, and/or who are dumb enough to think video games are a completely accurate representation of reality, tend to have highly inaccurate perceptions of reality.

Snowberry
Snowberry

Life is more like those video games where it just repeats the same levels over and over until you die. There are bosses, but if you defeat it, then another version shows up again later. Like, I dunno, Gorf? Zaxxon? uhh… my knowledge of video games seems to be largely stuck in the 1980s because I’ve never really been a gamer, so I can’t think of a more recent example. Except if you lose, you have infinite continues, and you get a random game over forever at some random point. Also some people can switch to a different game on the same machine if they get tired of the current one. So, not very much like that really.

Mish
Mish

when you have fewer followers than me

god, that made me laugh. “Well, you’re even stupider than me!!”

brian
brian

Jeezus, he’s really obsessed with comparing his twitter-dick to everyone else’s.
so fucking alpha!
and by “alpha” i mean “pathetic.”

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

Let’s just say that Forney is no Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Oh, he’s not so bad…FOR ME TO POOP ON!

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

For those who don’t know…
comment image

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

Zaxxon? Wow 😀 That is old school. Well before my time! I had the board game though, for some reason. Tiny plastic planes and walls and barrels!

Lord Pabu
Lord Pabu

That moment of horror felt right after posting the words “FOR ME TO POOP ON” and realizing that shit will get awkward if someone misses the reference. X’D

Triumph takes me back to the Roasts of Lisa Lampanelli and Flavor Flav that I watched on Comedy Central. *puts on rose tinted glasses* Back in the glory days when they still played stand up comedy every day…

pitshade
pitshade

I wonder how they reconcile thinking that this bankruptcy is going to end Gawker versus their support for Trump who has how many failures under his belt?

Leftwingfox
Leftwingfox

Scildfreja: Holy crap, me too! I loved the set, but I think I played with the game as a toy more than I played the game as a game.

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

Matt Forney is the literary equivalent of a local rapper. Hangs around in the suburbs of Charlotte or some shit. Picks battles he can’t win. Weak ass rhymes and nothing interesting to say. Utterly convinced this is him,
when he’s actually
comment image
(If you haven’t heard of the Gender Bender song before now, it’s somehow worse than you think)

And thalidomide, bruh? Just looked it up. Is the joke supposed to be that she has malformed limbs? Seriously? ‘I allege that you suffer from a serious, perhaps life threatening malady, cos that’s a hilarious joke, apparently’. And why Meredith Vieira? Why is it necessary to drag her name into this? Is it an ‘ugly, old hag’ thing? This fuckin guy, man…

kupo
kupo

Oh man, I forgot about Zaxxon! I don’t think I played Gorf but I played that style of game, so I probably did.

Bina

He’s still using “based” in his monicker? Snicker.

ColeYote
ColeYote

Gawker doesnt have to be your libeler [sic]

IT WAS A FUCKING INVASION OF PRIVACY LAWSUIT, YOU GODDAMN MORON!

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

It’s always hilarious when someone says “I’m not dealing with your bullshit anymore” and blocks one of these fucks on twitter, and they parade it around as a victory.

“I ANNOYED SOMEONE ENOUGH TO TAKE THE TIME TO BLOCK ME! I’M A WINNER! AN ANNOYING, ANNOYING WINNER!”

ColeYote
ColeYote

@Axecalibur: I just had a listen, and my god, I don’t even care about the lyrics, her flow is just… nonexistent.

YoullNeverGuess
YoullNeverGuess

Apologies if this is overly sensitive, but isn’t there a bit of appearance shaming in this piece? Just putting that out there, not going to push it.

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

@ColeYote
“Gender Bender” makes “MC Rove” look like “Welcome to the Midwest”
(Someone will get my references)

@YoullNeverGuess
Yes, absolutely. And that’s not OK. But, like… fuck him. So…

Her Grace Phryne
Her Grace Phryne

I’m just impressed he spelled “thalidomide” right. Then again, spellcheck is a thing…

brian
brian

yeah, appearance shaming is bad, for sure, but isn’t this one of the MRA/RP dudes who thinks he’s a super hot “alpha”?
so… yeah… in that context, i think pointing out that he looks like a giant baby is something that needs to be said.
i mean… it doesn’t REALLY need to be said… because you can just SEE it, but still…

Moggie
Moggie

PI:

“People notice me! I provoke an emotional reaction! I matter! In your face, nagging voice of self-doubt!”

Of course, inspiring respect and affection would be preferable. But if you find that too hard, maybe you learn to settle for irritation and contempt.

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

The number of twitter followers you have isn’t a measure of current or future career success. ._.

Moggie
Moggie

WWTH:

I’ve notice that alt-right people frequently write comments which suggest that their final goal is imminent. Every little victory is hailed as the stone which will begin the avalanche which will sweep away the hated untermensch. It wouldn’t surprise me if Forney believes that there will be more such cases against other publishers he hates.

Then again, maybe this isn’t the real Forney? It’s so hard to tell, without that blue checkmark.

Ray of Rays
Ray of Rays

I think the site is called ‘The Escapist’, now.

Hey, show some respect! Some of us still have to live with an EiC who considers liberal positions inherently irrational (while claiming to be apolitical) and that “free speech” and “safe spaces” are mutually incompatible and diametrically opposed (while claiming to invite rational discourse).

…okay, so by “respect” I meant “pity,” but still, I’ll take what I can get. >_>

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

He does know that one of his silly little “Movement’s” heroes and his two clones all bought their Twitter followers, right?

EJ (The Other One)

This is quickly turning into the Sick Burns thread, and I love it.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Moggie & EJ

The problem is that @realMattForney was suspended. So @basedMattForney is the REAL real Matt Forney.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

@EJ: Well, after that last thread, I think we’ve all earned a snark thread.

Moggie | June 12, 2016 at 2:01 am

“Take THAT, women who turned me down for dates/sexual acts! People notice me and have an emotion when I talk to them! I’m important enough to block on twitter!”

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

@EJ: Well, after that last thread, I think we’ve all earned a snark thread.

Moggie | June 12, 2016 at 2:01 am

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Why…why did that double post?

David?

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Axecalibur

Oh jebus. It’s never a good sign for a rapper to be out of breath before the first verse has even started.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@PI

If all your posts were double posted, we would all be twice as happy. 🙂

Delphi_ote
Delphi_ote

This is a staple of conspiracy theorist thinking. 9/11 truthers, creationists, anti-vaxers, John Birchers, global warming deniers, you name it. They’re all convinced that the scales will fall from the public’s eyes any day now. Not sure if it comes from an evangelical apocalyptic tradition, or if this is how they resolve cognitive dissonance of believing something so out of the mainstream. It’s weird that it’s such an obvious and common pattern, though.

Mish
Mish

Ninja’d by IP 😊😉
I was about to say something witty & complimentary about PI’s double post but got beaten to it, with style.

snork maiden

I don’t want to bring down the mood, but what do people think about this recent femicide of singer Christina Grimmie?

I’ll confess I’d never heard of her, I don’t keep up with modern music, but it breaks my heart that yet again a young woman has lost her life to some over entitled man with a gun.

And I’m wondering how long it’ll be before David is telling us about some RoK article blaming the crime upon evil selfish girls not wanting to date the ‘lonely incel’, thus driving him to murder some innocent woman he’d never met.

snork maiden

But back to the OP, I never thought much of Gawker, I’d occasionally read Jezebel but only when researching something. I recall reading a defense of publishing the Hulk Hogan video and not being impressed. He might be a douchenozzle of the highest order, but everyone has a right to privacy, and the woman in the tape with him certainly should have had her rights respected.

The fact Forney thinks you can determine someone’s success or failure by how many twitter followers they have is hilarious. I don’t even have a twitter account, I suppose in Forney’s eyes that would make me a non person?

Kootiepatra

@Paradoxical Intention:

My mentions have been… uh, interesting lately, due to having gotten “caught” tweeting supportively at a Jewish author and saying I won’t vote for Trump. It’s the first time I’ve gotten dog piled on, and so far it’s seems like it’s been one-shot insults (heavily involving the word “cuck”). So far I have decided not to block any of the aggressors, in order to deny them the “LOL this [slur] blocked me” satisfaction.

I’m hoping it will also keep them from taking it as a challenge and swamping me with sock puppets and/or summoning the hordes against me.

It’s tough to cope with people who interpret negative feedback as a sign of victory.

Nequam
Nequam

@snork: My first thought– betraying my age– was “Geez, this sounds like the Rebecca Schaeffer shit all over again.”