awesome MGTOW off topic sexy robot ladies

Haircutting drones: Not quite there yet, as this hilarious video demonstrates

A little off the top, please
A little off the top, please

Ok, so this is completely off-topic but here, in video form, is a preliminary attempt to answer a crucial question of our age: Why not use drones to cut hair?

After watching the video, I think you will be able to see why.

Here’s the short version:

And the full video:

Well, you win some, you lose some. But hey, just because the technology isn’t there yet doesn’t mean that it won’t ever be there. I don’t doubt that someday, in our lifetime, we will all get our hair cut by hairdresser robot drones.

That is, if we don’t get murdered by gun-shooting drones first.

Oh, and all you MGTOWs out there waiting impatiently for the sexy robot ladies who will make the real ladies obsolete? You may want to hold off on your purchases until they work out all the glitches in the technology, lest you end up like the mannikin in the video above.

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

Robo-crop?

best joke I can make

Alan Robertshaw

The Perm-inator?

Nope, James wins that one.

Marc
Marc

Hey, this is a great new excuse for those of us who are somewhat follically challenged!

makroth
makroth

Well, they tried. They failed miserably, but they tried.

Aubrey
Aubrey

Gonna speak as a cosmetology student.
Even if this were perfected, you still might not be able to get your hair exactly like you want. A lot of factors come into play: hair type, services that have already been performed on you, facial shape, and lifestyle, to name a few.
A consultation is crucial, and a stylist who cares will do infinitely better than shears duct taped to a fancy RC toy.
‘Tis not a future I can see unless we’re going to be a second North Korea and have a catalogue of hairstyles we’re allowed.

Bina

Drone cuts are misaaaaaandry!

(That red wig is kind of fabulous, though.)

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Red hairs are *alway* fabulous.

Taffer
Taffer

Sure, you put guns and stuff on a quad copter…but how will you get it close enough to your enemies without getting noticed? A question you’d think noone would ever ask, but its answered already.

Dahir Insaat, a company(?) that does…who the fuck knows, they seemingly just make cgi mock ups to try to scam investors. Anyway, since they already solved the problems of labor costs for restaurants and supermarkets by replacing them with exponentially higher costs for robotics and real estate, ventured into the world of drone combat.

Nequam
Nequam

OT: Laura Ingraham waxes rhapsodic about Trump’s “magic sauce”.

Somehow I am still keeping breakfast down.

brian
brian

Simone Giertz is the best.

Her Grace Phryne
Her Grace Phryne

@Taffer: My older son showed me a few of those videos, but that quadcopter one was definitely…. something. Dahir Insaat seems like a company that will make a presentation video for any hare-brained idea that can be dreamed up, as long as robots are involved.

Re: the video: I watched it and my younger son heard it but didn’t see it, so he asked what happened. I told him it went horribly wrong, and he said apprehensively, “Did they die?” Doesn’t seem like it would be far-fetched to ask that question…

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

Adding my voice to the fabulous talk. It’s like some visual kei stuff with the fringe. I’m about it

Johanna M Roberts
Johanna M Roberts

My kiddo and I needed the silly. 😀 Awesome video.

Alan Robertshaw

Bit off topic but if there are any Mammotheers in the Boston area then you may be interested in my mate’s thing:

Cupcakes 4 Hitler
Cupcakes 4 Hitler

I can think of another more useful one for MRAs…
Castration drone!

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@Cupcakes Can we not do the ‘incite violence’ thing please?

Cupcakes 4 Hitler
Cupcakes 4 Hitler

@fishy goat

Ok, I was joking. Sorry for causing offence.

bekabot
bekabot

Reminds me of the Suck’N’Cut from Wayne’s World: “Stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it!! It’s sucking my will to live!!”

Except that the Suck’N’Cut worked a lot better, of course.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

Anybody else remember the hair-cutting machine from the movie version of Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang?

Snowberry
Snowberry

Okay that Dahir Insaat video was hilariously bad. What kind of bullets cause planes to automatically fireball with one hit? Since when has *any* rapid-fire weapon been as accurate as seen as the video? How the hell is the drone remaining perfectly stable with all that recoil? When the anti-air defenses finally start working, why are they so useless against a stationary target? If such a superweapon existed, don’t you think it would be a short time before twitch-trigger anti-drone defenses would exist, thus rendering both this new technology *and* commercial airliners prohibitively risky?

I mean, I’m not that knowledgeable about, or a fan of, military hardware. But even I can spot a dozen things which are probably wrong with this video. Are they really that ignorant, or do they think they can sell it to people who are?

Bina

That quadcopter-of-terror video is a hoot. The commentary is spot on. Yeah, I’m sure you could just snap some blades in, and get it up in the air, quite unnoticed by a radar station with everything from fighter jets to stealth bombers ready to scramble. Uh-huh.

The baby quadcopter-of-terror IS kinda cute, though, in its evil deadly way…

EJ (The Other One)

@Snowberry:

It doesn’t have to be an either-or, I think.

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

>Look at just the first still
>immediately cringe in fear

I’m surprised the scissors didn’t end up jammed in the mannequin’s face.

Alan Robertshaw

@ taffer

The daftest thing about the ‘quadcopter’ is that it doesn’t do anything that the AC-130 Spectre hasn’t been doing since 1969 (and the Spectre arrives already assembled)

pitshade
pitshade

Somewhere once, I saw a patent illustration for a device that looked like a colander which was placed on the head. It pulled up the hair somehow and then singed it off? Like a bowl cut from hell.

I set my hair on fire once. It isn’t a pleasant smell.

(((Hambeast))) now with extra parentheses!
(((Hambeast))) now with extra parentheses!

One thing that hair-cutting drone has in its favor is that the fans would blow all the bits of hair out of your face. Don’t know that I’d trust it to keep the BLADES out of my face, though.

Kylo Ronin
Kylo Ronin

So glad I subbed to her channel. Those vids always brings a smile to my face.

Alan Robertshaw

@ David

In the future

The main reason I want a matriarchy is that men have run science for ages now and we still don’t have jet-packs. It’s time to let the ladies have a go and see if they can sort it.

ryeash
ryeash

I just watched 3:47-3:54 on that longer video four times in a row, and I’m still dying.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Not all that related to drones or haircuts, but here’s a cute story about how a Dalek might actually save some lives!

littleknown
littleknown

Now this is a use of drones that I approve of.

OT: My local news just advertised a segment for their 11:00 news with the following:

“A local strip club has a reputation for being dirty…and it’s not the strippers, it’s the food!”

FFS.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

David Futrelle | June 9, 2016 at 3:59 pm
[…] And we’ll like it, because our food pellets will be filled with some kind of happy obedience drugs.

This reminds me of a game I heard of (that’s still in development, but is scheduled to come out sometime this year) called We Happy Few.

You play as a “downer”, someone who refuses to take their government-mandated Happy Pills (I believe they’re called “Joy”) to be blissfully unaware of all the awful shit that’s going on, and your objective is to escape the dystopian, alternate-futuristic 1960’s English city you’re in.

Each level of the game is randomly-generated, so you’ll never have the same experience twice, and you’ll have to blend in with the rest of the populace, who are all taking their pills. You’ll also sometimes have to dose yourself up as well, to avoid being detected by law officials and scanners.

And the cool thing is, the parts where you’re stoned out of your gourd on Joy are really heavily saturated in color and are really vibrant, which is actually kind of spooky because it’s so happy, whereas you, as the player, are actually very much aware that shit’s going down.

Saphira
Saphira

If the gun drone doesn’t shoot us, the chainsaw drone will hack us to death.

Banananana dakry
Banananana dakry

@Alan
They haven’t delivered on the flying car, either. I’m of mixed feelings about that, though, because the last thing we need is asshole drivers in the air as well as on the ground.

Alan Robertshaw

@ bananananana

I was going to mention that too, but I’d settle for my jet-pack initially.

The asshole thing might sort itself out though. Most driving problems arise because people are sharing the same small road space. This is especially problematic where you have pedestrians, cyclists and cars in the same place (all our friends from the Netherlands are now laughing and pointing at us)

There’s an analogue for aircraft though. There’s a serious debate in the airline safety industry as to whether they should abandon the idea of air corridors and just let planes fly where they want. Statistically the chances of any two aircraft trying to occupy the same space at the same time is nearly astronomical; whereas a lot of the near misses arise because they currently have to fly up each other’s arses.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Dronecuts might go a little more smoothly if they attached a Flowbee instead of scissors.

This is another argument against Trump as POTUS. Terrorists might develop a toupee-lifting drone and embarrass him at a public event, which would be worse than thirty nuclear armageddons combined (or at least, that’s how he perceives and responds to insults).

=8)-DX
=8)-DX

Wait. Oh no. So SEX DRONES are the future? (Imagines an MRA kickstarter project with the prototype being a drone/hand vacuum/fleshlight mash up with duct tape).

Anne Lewis, Jib Creatr