allegedly false accusations men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny

MGTOW asks: Can I refuse to teach women guitar — so they won’t falsely accuse me of rape?

Guitar Going its Own Way
Guitar Going its Own Way

Life is tough for the modern Man Going His Own Way. Not only does he have to protect himself from real women who’ve got the hots for his resources, but he’s got to worry about hypothetical women as well!

On the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit, an aspiring guitar teacher asks for advice on how to deal with the looming threat of women signing up for lessons just because he’s sort of hot and also these hypothetical women might want to falsely accuse him of rape for some reason.

Can I be a guitar teacher and refuse to teach women? (self.MGTOW) submitted 1 day ago by fivesixone561 I'm thinking about becoming a guitar teacher. I'm somewhat good-looking and I know that women have a thing for guitarists. Because of this, I don't want to teach women because I don't want to deal with their mind games and false rape accusations. Would this be considered a legal form of discrimination? Or can I just simply not teach women?

I would also strongly advise all Guitar Men Going Their Own Way to watch out for cats trying to sign up for lessons.

Unless they want to put up with hours of this:

f427bf02f8aca871ad1e437e2ce6ed34

My guitar gently meows.

serendipity
serendipity

Solution: include information about MGTOW in his advertisements. No women will sign up.

Freemage
Freemage

I’m sure the answers to this were equally mind-boggling, but I honestly can’t generally stand going to Reddit, especially the manuresphere portions.

I do wonder if anyone gave him the actual answer (which, though IANAL, I’m pretty sure comes down to, “No, it’s not legal to refuse service based on gender. However, so long as your Craigslist ad does not specifically say, ‘No Chicks’, and you simply tell any female applicants that you cannot fit them into your schedule, you should be fine, as there will be no evidence of discrimination.”

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

What’s creepiest about this is that most people who take lessons in musical instruments are under aged. It’s one of those times I have to wonder if the accusations he’s worried about aren’t exactly false.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Yeah because men don’t lie about other men, ever! Bros for life! [/sarcasm]

Though, I don’t know if just telling women he can’t “fit them in his schedule” would be enough for discrimination, if a woman senses that he’s not being honest with her, and sends her guy friend to get lessons from him later.

I saw this happen on one of those daytime TV court shows. : P

A woman applied for a secretary/accounting job, and was rejected, despite having a really good background and the proper education for the job. She was also a more heavy-set woman.

Sensing that she might have been discriminated against, she sent in her friend, who was a woman who was more conventionally attractive than her. She immediately got the job, despite having no training or education.

So, the woman took him to court, turns out he thought she was hideous (because she was fat), so the judge sentenced him to walk around a bar and hit on women while wearing a fat suit, and pay the sum the woman was suing him for.

It was called Eye for an Eye, I think, and the whole “punishment should fit the crime” deal was their gimmick.

pitshade
pitshade

She would have to take a break from falsely accusing her guy friend first, and obviously that’s not going to happen.

ETA, and then the women in the bar sued the judge and he had to preside over cases with his head out of his ass and pay the women the money they were asking?

Viscaria
Viscaria

Ugh. UUUUUUGH.

I think it would be helpful in understanding these guys if one of them were to explain how being more attractive to women would make one more likely to receive false accusations of rape.

lacerta viridis
lacerta viridis

I mean, personally, I would strongly encourage this guy to do whatever it takes to ensure he is never alone with a woman. Seems win-win to me.

peaches
peaches

Great. I would like to get some guitar lessons, but now I’m paranoid. I’ll have to find a girl to teach me, I guess. Since women never falsely accuse each other, according to this worldview.

Moocow

This guy is not very bright if he has to ask if this is discrimination. Of course he’s not actually confused, he just wants someone to tell him it isn’t so he can safely rationalize it away.

I’m going with dude is still salty about getting rejected by women so he’s fantasizing about a scenario that would allow him to reject women.

Dr. NicolaLuna, Epic Slut
Dr. NicolaLuna, Epic Slut

I’m so glad you posted something bizarrely funny. I needed it after hearing the whole Zimmerman gun auction thing.

Sometimes I wonder if I’m too sensitive for the internet, this article brought me to tears http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/george-zimmerman-sells-gun-used-to-kill-teen-trayvon-martin-for-more-than-100000-a7037806.html

Can always rely on MGTOWs to provide a wtf moment that baffles the tears out of you!

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ moocow

I’m not even sure it’s a genuine question. The vibe I’m getting is that it’s the typical MGTOW trope/fantasy that, because women are so evil, they’ll suffer a detriment, but they only have themselves to blame.

A bit like the ‘you’ve driven us away so now you have to suffer being beaten up whilst we don’t help’ thing we had the other day.

I think the message is actually aimed at women rather than his fellow MGTOWs. He’s trying to say ‘you women will now suffer the cost of your being nasty to men as every male run business in the world denies you its services’

Youthful Indescretion
Youthful Indescretion

First they threaten that we will have to go to watch Ghostbusters without them, and now I can’t even get guitar lessons without avoiding misogynists. I guess these are just things I will have to put up with in the name of feminism. Oh and, as ever, please would they just actually go their own way??

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Viscaria,

I’m guessing he imagines that his female students will fall in love with him, but he’ll turn them down because he’s going his own way. The feeemaale, being a vengeful species, unused to being told “no” will false rape accuse in retaliation. Kind of like the movie Wild Things except without him being secretly in on the false rape accusation plan.

This is reminding me how much I hate the saying “hell hath no fury like the woman scorned.” Men are so much more likely to commit serious violence over anger at being turned down or broken up with. But we’re supposed to believe women are the vengeful and scary one? Right.

Eitan rosen
Eitan rosen

I don’t think they want to gtow. They just like to use it like a threat. They seem to live in a different society then the rest of us in which they actually mattered. I really wish they would actually go away.

RobinG
RobinG

NicolaLuna, that is the most depressing thing I have read all month 🙁

“Meanwhile, gun rights advocates have applauded him for exercising his legal rights under current US law.”

When the best arguments people bring forward for doing something are “because it is legal” the real reasons are always horrific.

I wonder if the guitar guy is a rapist, or at least is preparing for that as a possible outcome. Not using that lightly as an insult. Why would someone deliberately spread the idea that all women make false rape accusations, by stating it as an assumed fact like that, when he could have found his answer with a 10 sec Google search, if that is really what he cared about? Why would he want to leave a record of his fear of being falsely accused of rape?

I don’t think he is planning to refuse any women at all.

Bina

Me too. Any guy who’s worried about “false” accusations has probably done or tried to do something that would lead to a true one. Anyone who’s aboveboard at all times never even thinks about it.

(Also, LOL @ him for thinking he’s so talented and good-looking that girls will automatically want him, and then get so pissy when rejected that they’d throw a false accusation at his head. I’m willing to bet that he is neither especially talented NOR that good-looking, he’s just writing this for ego-boosts and bias confirmation.)

Viscaria
Viscaria

@WWTH

I’m so with you on this. Still, I just want one of these vomit bags to actually lay out their thought processes.

Edit: Hey did you ever see that Sarah Michelle Gellar vehicle The Ringer, where they ripped off the plot of Wild Things so blatantly you’d almost believe they used the same script? Good times, good times.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

Damn, I wish that Kendrick Lamar rumour had been true. 😛

Handsome "These Pretzels Suck" Jack (formerly Pandapool)

So the judge thought the dude would be turned down because he’s “fat”.

Cupcakes 4 Hitler
Cupcakes 4 Hitler

I think it’s for the best this guy stays away from teaching anybody anything, period. I have met some weird teachers in my time, and for every one weird one there are a lot of lovely ones. If he were required by law to teach women and girls, they would not stay with him, and would have a miserable time in his lessons, probably being “mansplained” to all the time, being leched over and treated like an idiot. I hope women, and everybody else for that matter save their money and find a nice teacher who isn’t a sex obsessed bigot.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Yeah, that show didn’t last long.

Though, I think it was more an exercise in teaching him empathy for the kind of shit that the woman went through? Like, “This is what fat people go through, this is how people see them.”

I dunno.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

As the alt-text on http://xkcd.com/1357/ says:

I can’t remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you’re saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it’s not literally illegal to express.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

So he’s not actually a guitar teacher, he’s just thinking about it, but those ebil wimmenz have him scared? What? Great business instincts there, leaving half of his potential customers on the table before he’s even gotten started.

Something tells me that an MGTOW guitar teacher would be terrible. He probably has a “rock music is only for boys, women should be groupies” attitude, and refuses to acknowledge any women’s contributions. Forget about learning any Janis Joplin or Carole King tunes. Half the lesson would be spent listening to him complain about women.

pitshade
pitshade
Moocow

@Alan

That’s a good point, I forget about the spiteful passive-aggressive ‘in your FACE, all women ever’ that these MGTOW seem to crave.

Saphira
Saphira

Typical MGTOW reasoning.

A MGTOW showed up and starting making comments on another website I’m on. Long-winded, barely coherent comments at that. When it was pointed out that they seem to spend more time fixated on women than actually going their own way, he went off the deep end, of course.

His response was the say that AA members get together to talk about alcohol. No, they don’t. AA members get together to support their fellow addicts in recovery. Successful recovering addicts don’t spend all their free time on the internet hating whiskey because they can’t drink it. They’re out there living their lives because they realize they can’t sit around fixating about the item they’re addicted to if they’re going to stay on the wagon.

Logic. MGTOW don’t have it.

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

What kinda fuckin Channing Tatum lookin ass, Carlos Santana playin ass, Cary Grant soundin ass überalphamensch does this dude think he is? Literally any and every (straight/cisgender) female he spends an extended period of time with will turn into creepy, stalker rapefakers? What, is he just too foine? His jovian foineness transforms, as if by magic, teenage girls into monstrous harpies, whose only wish is to either fuck him or send him to prison under false pretenses lest any other skank go after him instead? Lo, do I weep for this great man so burdened under the weight of how entirely irresistible he is

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Hey, MGTOWS! Are you worried about video game feminists afraid of FALSE RAPE ACCUSATIONS? Well then, for only $19.99, I can share with you my GUARANTEED SECRET, THIS ONE LITTLE TRICK, for keeping yourselves safe from the FEMIMARXIST MACHINATIONS of those EEEVIL FEEEMALES – FOREVER!

Don’t rape. Seriously, bros, it’s that simple.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

@Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

You really should value that secret little trick more…$19.99/month is one thing, but if it’s just one little trick it’s worth WAY more than that! 😛 MGTOWs would surely pay top dollar to know it! 😉

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo
weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

His response was the say that AA members get together to talk about alcohol.

AA actually has a low success rate. So it’s maybe not the best analogy for a MGTOW to make while defending himself.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

MGTOW GUITAR LESSONS

LET FIVESIXONE561 TEACH YOU HOW TO SHRED! (women’s self esteem)

*Chord Progressions …no, shit, too SJW
*Chord REgressions. Masculine power chords only. None of that wimpy emotional minor shit. And no flats. Only sharps. Sharps = weapons = power, come the sexpocalypse
*Classical Picking. Picking! God, it’s so unfair that women have any choices. Only men should get to pick.
*Music/Evo Psych Theory: Why women secretly crave dominant sevenths.
*Soloing. How to let everyone know that you are soloing. And how sorry the world is going to be now that you’re no longer playing along with the rest of the sheeple in the group.
*Electric, Acoustic, Blues (special emphasis on “women done me wrong” songs)
*Learn tunes to upset women and impress sexbots: Fleetwood Mac’s “Go Your Own Way”. Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”. Eric Carmen’s “All By Myself”.
*Somewhat good-looking teacher who most definitely has never raped anyone. Students must sign waiver. NO CHICKS.

FMI please call
(series of angrily torn off phone numbers at bottom)

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

@Buttercup
that was beautiful

Also, reminds me, perfect MGTOW power anthem:

Inkswitch, Magic Horse of Awesome
Inkswitch, Magic Horse of Awesome

This brings back memories. I used to get taught guitar by someone like this. The guy was in his late 60s and seemed nice in the beginning. As time went on though, he revealed a massive persecution complex. He was convinced the whole world was against him for some undisclosed reason and after he got rejected by this woman he met online, he spent half the lesson bitterly complaining about it to me. We ended on less than pleasant terms when he accused me of theft because I asked to pay my tuition fee one day later than usual. Worst part was that I didn’t even feel mad, just really sorry for him. Haven’t been in contact with him for nearly five years and didn’t even think about him until I read this.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Oh, i did not know that guitar was alpha. I guess i look omega with my accordion. Plus, it is harder to play accordion with teeth…

happy cat
happy cat

This man should dress modestly so women won’t be tempted to make false rape accusations.

He should also never drink and never give lessons late at night. That would make him an easy target for predators.

He should also not post pictures showing his bare arms online. Self-respecting men don’t do that.

But the best way to avoid false rape accusations is to have his mother or his girlfriend attend every. single. lesson. She’ll protect him from false rape accusations.

This is what people would say if we lived in a false rape accusation culture instead of a rape culture.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

In a nutshell. That is exactly right.

makroth
makroth

Serioulsy, migtoes! Just find an abandoned island somewhere where you can set up your own ”no girls allowed” society. Or any unocupied stretch of land. I will help you make it happen. I will get other people to help you. I will do what i can to convince people that it’s in everyone’s best interest to keep you as far away from normal society as possible. Let me help you.

Eva Vavoom

When I first heard about “mitgoes”, I had the same reaction that I had when I read about MRAs: “Oh, isn’t this a sweet concept!” 90% of my entourage are guys (and 50%+ younger than me.) I spend a considerable amount of time helping them with their issues (legal, romantic, etc.) Obviously my first thought about what these spaces were was 100% wrong. And then I became fascinated with how the content in these spaces is written (very confidently) from an absence of basic knowledge and context about humanity… It’s like an encyclopedia of male fears for this dominatrix to harvest !

But these unfortunate stupefying blogs are there are will never not stop existing. It’s a good thing they motivate this blog and the even more insightful comments 🙂 Thank you!

MGTOW: “I may have been born yesterday, but at least I didn’t invite any girls!” [slams door]

Boogerghost
Boogerghost

@Buttercup That is perfect.

@weirwoodtreehugger Ugh, I know, I hate the “woman scorned” nonsense. It’s right up there on my cringe list with “men are visual creatures.” The romantically vengeful woman trope is alive and well. I feel like it’s invoked too in less obvious representations of “feisty” or “firey” women played for comedy. It’s the, “aw, look how cute, she thinks she’s people. Getting angry about things like she’s people. We’d better behave, boys, she’s in charge, like in the same way my cat is in charge of me. So funny and possibly endearing.”

How much research has to be published before these lads realise how much more likely they are to be raped themselves than falsely accused?

Kale

there really just isnt much if any legit research into “false accusation” bc its poisoned by rape culture. Few studies, never repeated, inconsistent, small, generally based on what police departments report – which includes all the actually-rape people they simply turn away, dont bother to test kits or investigate in any way. We only have a handful of case studies of actually proven-false claims, ie McMarten preschool, which are generally extraordinary, and we have case studies of women falsely accused of falsely accusing (look up “an unbelievable story of rape” – long story short they found a damn video). No one has any idea how many accusations are conclusively false. people run quote random stats but they’re all duds.

The reality is, almost all people who were raped are doubted or outright dismissed. EVEN WHEN THERE IS A PHOTO OR VIDEO OR CONFESSION ie Parsons caseX Steubenville. Victims are harassed, rapists get away with it.

Yet it makes no actual logical sense, even if you know nothing about rape, to believe that women and kids just kinda pretend they were raped for the pure fun of it. (whereas men arent capable of saying no to these assholes’ logic). It rests on the idea that rape isnt a big deal and women are eevil & cray and men never ever are creepy. Its nonsense.

*obv all this is only afaik

Boogerghost
Boogerghost

Fair enough @Kale, I guess I was just extrapolating from things Kate Harding (author of Asking For It) has said. She does seem to have some data on false accusations, including the fact that of the very few there are, most are accusations against no specific person (“I was raped” as opposed to “Harold raped me”). And I’ve also seen the percentage estimated at around or lower than the rates other crimes are falsely reported – certainly lower than false theft reports. But I guess that’s not exactly mounds of research.

Kale

@Booger wasnt talkin about you or anyone, I only skimmed… just speaking generally, & Im sure she knows better than me, would like to read that.

Tosca
Tosca

After the gif in the column, I must post this video.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

This is really, really sad, because the stereotype image of the ‘Rock Chick’ groupie has been around for too long, and really does put a lot of girls, and their parents off of letting them learn the guitar. Rock music of course is from the devil, and the only reason a girl would want to hang out with bands is to get easy sex, lol (joking)
It seems OK for girls to play folk guitar, strumming and maybe ukulele, but electric guitar seems to be ‘distasteful’. I know, because I’ve been through it myself. I also have a degree in music and studied music technology, so I can set up guitars all by myself, and learned electronics so I could fix amps etc. when I was younger, I used to get intimidated by music shop guys ‘mansplaining’ to me. My dad, I’ve mentioned on here before, was an old school Patriarchist. I got my first electric when I was 13, now I have a collection.
Guys I jam with are always impressed and maybe a bit buthurt that I have a brand new Gibson Les Paul standard now, because basically, for a guy, a hot guitar is like a dick extension. I have a Fender Stratacoustic as well, which is green with pink hippy flowers on it, that’s the most feminine guitar I’ve got (although I dearly want a Fender Hello Kitty, like That Bloc Party guy, it’s awesome) my other electric is a Jackson Randy Rhodes (Google it). I have a couple of cool basses as well, a 1982 Rickenbacker 4003 and a Ibanez BTB active five string.
Even in classical music, there are instruments seen as ‘for girls’ flute, oboe and violin, even cello, which is sexy because you have to straddle it. Trumpet, trombone and most brass are blokes instruments (penis extensions) although I know several female tuba players and one of my best friends plays baritone sax.
Orchestras seem to be boys clubs, unsurprising since they are controlled by Freemasons and the ‘old boy’ network.

Yossherian
Yossherian

For some reason “Guitar Going Its Own Way” combined with the cat was hilarious enough to make me comment here for the first time, even though I’ve been reading WHTM semi-regularly for more than a year. Thanks for that.

Also,
>manuresphere
Thanks, Freemage, now I will always mentally substitute “manosphere” with this.

vaiyt
vaiyt

This is just another variation on the standard MGTOW fantasy – to attract women just to be able to refuse them. At this point, mocking them feels almost like kinkshaming. =P

DexX

May I just say, David, that is some top notch captioning work at the top of this article. I literally vocalised my amusement.

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer

That cat GIF made my day!