antifeminism body shaming creepy empathy deficit entitled babies memes misogyny MRA

Memeday Update: The Creepiest, Cringiest “Selfish Feminist” Meme Ever

Lucy thinks you're disgusting
Lucy is not impressed with your meme

Yesterday, we took a look at some completely ridiculous “Selfish Feminist” memes, based on the premise that women adopt feminism because that way they can reap all sorts of nifty benefits without having to work as hard as men, most notably the FREE DINNERS they constantly con poor schmucks into paying for. (Allegedly.)

For some reason, half of the memes involved actress/activist Ashley Judd, who isn’t really a selfish person at all.

You may recall that one of the memes was captioned “Why I need feminism? Sounds better than ‘selfishness.'”

Well, here’s another one using that little tagline that somehow manages to be creepier and cringier than all the rest of the “selfish feminist” memes all together.

Wait, what?
Wait, what?

Yep. In the mind of whoever made this meme, women not shaving their armpits is somehow a … selfish act, presumably because “ew, women with hairy armpits.”

Note to dudes who think this meme is somehow clever: What someone chooses to do (or not do) with their body is really only your business if you happen to own that body. Given that, you know, slavery is illegal and all that, the only body you own is your own body.

Women don’t owe it to men in general (or to you in particular) to shave their armpits or any other part of their body, pluck their eyebrows, keep their weight within the parameters you prefer, and so on and so on.

No, dudes, you are not obliged to find women with armpit hair attractive. The flip side of this is that women aren’t obliged to give a rat’s ass what you think of their armpits, or any other part of their body.

Rune
Rune

Honestly, apart from the awful message which is par for the course for these assholes, the construction of the meme itself is just embarrassingly bad.

You’re supposed to write from the person in the picture’s point of view – “I need feminism because it sounds better than selfishness”, not tell a story about her “she says she needs feminism…”

And then whoever made it was so proud of it, they added a fucking watermark to it? And it’s a chess piece. Like come on mate. Chess is way too misandrist for you, with the strong independent queen doing all the work. Go play some Ludo.

Margaret Pless
Margaret Pless

Why does this meme look so terrible? Did the writer make it in MS Paint?

Bina

Selfish men make “selfish feminist” memes, all apparently dedicated to whining about how women aren’t catering to their boners enough. Because irony awareness isn’t a Menzer Thing.

(It almost fits on an image macro now!)

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

“You’re such a selfish bitch for not catering to my ideals of beauty and being pleasing to my boner at all times! Don’t you care about my boner?! Why don’t you care about my boner?!”

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

Why can’t all women worship my penis?

BOINKBOINKBOINK
BOINKBOINKBOINK

Draw a smiley face on the tip OoglyBoggles and I’ll consider it.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

You know, in order to live up to the beauty standards insisted upon by MRAs, women have to spend a certain amount of time focusing on themselves. As a result, they get called “selfish”.

Women also get called selfish for *not* living up to MRA beauty standards.

*squints* I can almost make out a pattern here….

Tara the Antisocial Social Worker
Tara the Antisocial Social Worker

So if not shaving armpits is “selfish,” that would make all men selfish, no?

littleknown
littleknown

“I thought I told you to wear the black dress, sweetie! God, you’re so…so…selfish! You’re just like all those women with the pixie cuts — the selfish wenches who don’t consider how hard it’s going to be for me to get any sleep, after seeing them out in public like that! Now I’ll have to stay up all night ranting about this online!”

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

There it goes, chess is now tainted

I don’t usually OT, but:
This is not looking good. At all. For anyone. I don’t mean to be alarmist, but ’68 wasn’t that long ago

Nequam
Nequam

I think the real fun is going to be in Cleveland with the GOP convention.

Tessa
Tessa

It’s totally selfish, people! Think about it, if women don’t provide a good “view” for men, they won’t want us in the workplace anymore! Women all over the country will be fired for not serving their purpose. And where will feminism be then? *packing a suitcase* It’s over! It’s all over!

littleknown
littleknown

@Tessa: We’ll, it’s not like women do anything in the workplace. The real selfishness lies in the fact that the men who are responsible for literally everything won’t be able to get anything done if they have to share offices with women with hairy armpits. (Men who aren’t bothered by such things are do-nothing beta cucks.)

We’re facing the collapse of civilization, here. At the very least, white genocide.

Dalillama
Dalillama

Youve posted this one before.

Miss Edgy Nation
Miss Edgy Nation
Kat
Kat

@Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Women also get called selfish for *not* living up to MRA beauty standards.

This has got to be the most easily refuted feminist claim ever.

Women should be naturally beautiful.

Anything else is misandry.

Checkmate, feminists!

Pie
Pie

@Rune,

Maybe the author doesn’t believe that women are sentient?

@Tara the Antisocial Social Worker

So if not shaving armpits is “selfish,” that would make all men selfish, no?

I’m sure someone, somewhere has an evopysch excuse as to why male armpit hair is totes different to the nasty stuff that sprouts on ladies, but it is probably easier to just go with #notallmen.

kiki
kiki

Gosh, these guys sure hate selfish women. I hope none of them subscribe to a philosophy that’s based on the virtue of selfishness and was created by a woman.

Kat
Kat

@kiki

#AynRandHappytoBeYourShield

Argle Bargle (formerly Carr)
Argle Bargle (formerly Carr)

”Feminists are selfish” is pretty rich coming from these guys. It’s not like they’ve ever complained about having to wear condoms. It doesn’t make their boners as happy as they could possibly be! But if a woman gets pregnant (because we all know only slutty sluts use other forms of contraception), they’ll easily turn around and say she got herself pregnant and they had nothing to do with it. Consequences be damned, our boners are what’s really important!

Valentine
Valentine

Completely off topic and I know it’s not big in US but Ukraine just won the Eurovison song contest! 😀 a victory for solidarity in Europe.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Sounds better than shell fish!

Tessa
Tessa

Pie

You’re in luck! I spoke to my friend who says he is taking classes in evopsych and he told me what must be the absolutely true answer! Armpit sweat is filled with hormones and pheromones that are caught by armpit hair. When consumed by bacteria in the hair, this sends out manly mating scent to all who smell it. And since in caveman days, women didn’t do any work, they just waited for men to hunt the mammoth, they’d never sweat. And those that did were obviously filthy lesbians trying to attract women (this would also alert the men!). In modern times, even the most non-lesbian women will sometimes sweat, thanks to feminism lying and telling them it’s OK to exercise… Not having armpit hair will prevent deposits of manly scent in women that will confuse and anger men. Thinking that they are men or lesbians. So it’s only right to shave the pits to make up for the injustices wrought by feminism. He told me that since I’m a filthy lesbian, it was probably OK for me to not shave my armpits, I’m already incredibly selfish for not wanting guys, so hairy armpits don’t matter.

So there you have it!

Titianblue
Titianblue

So your evopsych “friend” doesn’t understand that western women only started shaving their armpits in the 20th century when armless dresses became a thing, then?

Argle Bargle (formerly Carr)
Argle Bargle (formerly Carr)

@Tessa

Uuuuuuh, seriously? Armpit hair will confuse men and make their lizard brain think I’m a dude? Or something of that sort.
Can’t they just stick to ”I think it’s yucky”? Do we really need some evopsych bull about why we dislike certain things? I dislike beards, should I try to justify it somehow?

Kat
Kat

@Tessa
So your brilliant friend (who says that you’re filthy?!) says that cavewomen never broke a sweat gathering berries in the hot sun or running a fever or chasing children or fending off Og the rapist with a rock to his head or cooking over a scorching fire or fleeing woolly mammoths or having sex or, I dunno, giving birth?

Is he bullshitting you — or is he just seriously ignorant?

Inquiring minds need to know.

Pol
Pol

Lots of comments about armpit hair but none about the piercing.

I mean, I’m not into having piercings or anything like that, but surely the nose thingy was a key component in this negative representation.

Mras are against piercings and tattoos also, yes? Which is effging lame as these thngs are so commonplace.

Or have I not paid attention for long enough and am just stating the obvious?

Tessa
Tessa

Titianblue,Argle Bargle (formerly Carr), and Kat:
I feel bad now that I obviously didn’t make the explanation silly enough. There (happily) is no evopsych friend. it was supposed to be a parody/sarcastic answer. I didn’t go big enough. Sorry for the confusion. (Though part of me did want to make up even more elaborate responses from my made up evopsych friend… who totally would call me filthy. he’s kinda an ass.)

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Tessa

Poe strikes again.

Natalie
Natalie

Not exactly put off by the fact my hairy pits will repel MRAs

Kat
Kat

@Tessa
Got it.

Truthfully, these people are kind of hard to parody.

Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid
Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid

I could tell you were joking, Tessa. I thought it was hilarious.

Patricia Kayden
Patricia Kayden

How cruel of women not to be sexually attractive to or sexually available to MRAs willy nilly! Men are so oppressed.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Kat

Women should be naturally beautiful.

You left out the most important part: women should be naturally beautiful and not aware of it. Otherwise they’ll start using their vadge pass to get all kinds of attention and sweet, sweet government perks. That in turn leads to branch swinging, hypergamy, and cucking.

Female beauty is only for enhancing the man’s status, not the woman’s. Women are only valuable for their looks, but if she tries to capitalize on that, she’s selfish. (Funny how they don’t get angry at wealthy men for using their wealth to gain privilege, however.)

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Yeah, well, they earned that donchaknow. Completely on their own, with no benefit of parental wealth and privilege, education, connections, internships, fraternities/the Bullingdon Club, the trickle-up effect hard-wired into capitalism etc. etc. etc. not to mention infrastructure and workforce supported/built/educated/kept healthy(ish) by the state in any way whatsoever …

The Thousand Cock Stare
The Thousand Cock Stare

Translation:

“Won’t someone please think of my boner?”

CMH
CMH

I thought Tessa had a real evopsych studying friend who was joking. Sometimes we have to take a closer look at … unpleasant things.

It’s a little off topic since he didn’t call women selfish, but I have an acquaintance who has recently been trying to convince me that men, especially men who make memes like this, just love, love, love women and are so terrified by that love that they push women away. He also thinks a defining component of love is being dependent on your loved one. He also thinks women are a “force of nature”. He said it like he expected me to swoon with the utter romance of it all, but at least he was properly worried about how he came off when I told him that sounded kind of horrible and dehumanizing instead of being all snide and condescending that I interpreted it that way.

pitshade
pitshade

That sounds more like rationalization for abuse than love, tbh.

RosaDeLava - Praying for Sexbots
RosaDeLava - Praying for Sexbots

@pitshade
You’re talking about CMH’s acquaintance, aren’t you?

I agree that his description sounds exactly like that, but it might not be on purpose. Judging by his reaction, it seems like he has an idealized vision of abusive relatioships, which is something that is unfortunately common.

CMH
CMH

Yeah, I think it is accidental. On one hand, he’s not a native English speaker, so he might not have been as precise as he should have been, and on the other, I think he does have a very romanticized vision of what relationships should be like. Blame it on an overly religious upbringing in an overly religious country, I guess.

Actually, I bet he wouldn’t be pleased with unshaven ladypits either, although he’d frame it as a hygiene issue. He’s terribly concerned about good grooming and corporeal odors. Makes me feel like I should fart in front of him sometimes, just to remind him that humans do that.

But then I’m a little bit of a spiteful asshole.

Titianblue
Titianblue

@Tessa, my only excuse for my complete humour-fail is that I’d been watching Eurovision, last night, & therefore not at my sharpest. /embarrassed

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

@CMH, that sounds exactly like my sister’s soon-to-be-ex husband. He has been gaslighting my sister for nearly a decade now, to the point where she’s spent the past three years an utter wreck. She finally got the courage to start the separation two years ago, and just last week was the court date for working out child custody. (I shudder to think of how he treats the kids 😐 ) He’s not physically abusive, but uses every emotional manipulation trick in the book, and is very much not above using the kids as weapons to make her feel guilty.

Our society has a terrible concept of romance and relationships. 😐

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

CN domestic violence, victim blaming

Andrea Hardie has written another blog post glorifying violence against women. In this one, she reveals that (lovingly) accuses her husband of being the type to commit domestic abuse.

even though my husband has never, ever acted aggressively towards me in that way, I very much assume that he would, and further, that in certain situations, he should.

There are all kinds of reasons I don’t cheat on my husband, but an important one is that I assume he would beat the shit out of me if I ever did. And I would bloody well deserve it.

There are many things I would simply never dream of doing to my husband, because I assume I would get a slap or worse, if I did. All of those things are linked to respect.

There are a multitude of reasons I wouldn’t be disrespectful of my husband, especially in public. The possibility of taking a well-earned beating just happens to be one of them.

I don’t go around inviting my husband to slap me by screaming at him in public or humiliating him by flirting with other men. But lots of women do. How much of domestic violence is caused by women pushing men into hitting them because that level of domination is familiar, and in a fucked up way, deeply erotic for the women?

Sounds like a healthy marriage. /s

kale
kale

the thing is, most of what I do as a feminist is for other people. I really am not very afraid of getting raped anymore, but lots of women I know have been raped and I feel so awful for them & want to prevent the children born today from having to live with that fear. I dont even get harassed and groped anymore (bc Im older and manly) but I tell my story because I dont like to see young girls today getting harassed and groped. I spend a lot of time sticking up for Muslim people even tho Im a white atheist, because even tho I dont even know many Muslims I feel sorry for them when they are persecuted, particularly the Syrian refugees (not all of whom are Muslim of course) and want to help them. I really dont have to get involved in a Black Lives Matter protest, but I go because my heart just aches for Trayvonne & Ayiana & Tamir and every single black person murdered due to nothing more than racism.
The fact is, say what you will about “SJWs” but it isnt selfishness. Maybe the sort of person who sneers at social justice cant imagine what it feels like to be truly unselfish.
& even if it were selfish, I think the selfish need to not be raped trumps the selfish desire to rape with impunity.
As much as they want to make this about “dinner” let’s be real, those are the real stakes in feminism.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I hate this expectation so much. It is almost impossible to not know how conventionally attractive you are or aren’t in our culture. Men are always letting you know whether you make their boner sad or happy whether you’ve solicited an opinion or not. And it’s not just the men. Women discuss matter of appearance among themselves and it’s not uncommon for bullying to center around appearance whether the victim is outcast for not looking the right way or attacked to being perceived as too attractive and stealing the guys. Women know where they stand.

The only time a woman is very attractive and doesn’t know it is if she has really messed up self esteem due to a mental health issue, having been an abuse victim etc. Which is of course exactly what guys who think women should be unknowingly beautiful want. Someone who can be a trophy and give them status while still being vulnerable, non-threatening and easy to keep down.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

How much of domestic violence is caused by women pushing men into hitting them

I’m going to go with none! Excepting self defense, there’s no such thing as making someone hit them. Hitting someone is a choice you, and you alone make.

Can there be any doubt that the MRM is an abuser’s lobby? I’m sure JB’s fanboys just ate that shit up. As offended as MRAs get when you call them abusers and abuse apologists, I’m willing to bet that no MRA objected to this post. Just as they didn’t care when she bragged about having raped men.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Just noticed stupid mistake in my post.

@wwth

Overwhelmingly positive comments. Just one or two people out of 50+ comments seemed to have any problem with domestic violence.

pitshade
pitshade

@RosaDeLava

Yes, I was referring to the acquaintance’s ideas about love.

@CMH

The description you give of his beliefs raises red flags in my mind but you know him and I don’t so take that for what it’s worth.

Youthful Indescretion
Youthful Indescretion

@weirwoodtreehugger Re-beautiful but not aware of it, sadly I think you are spot on with that theory. I mean, I can totally see the attraction of somebody being generally awesome while humble, but I am wary of men who want to be the sole source of self esteem for the woman their attracted to.

The thing I’ve noticed about people who are in love with people oblivious to how awesome they are, is that those people actively wish their partner was more confident and would not be turned off by a sudden rise in confidence.

1 2 3