antifeminism evil short-haired women hypocrisy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny PUA red pill return of kings rhymes with roosh

Gals! Drive away creepy dudes with dirty socks, condoms, and the Pixie Cut of Doom

Hideous lady monster, totally Would Not Bang
Hideous lady monster, totally Would Not Bang

Famously lady hating garbage site Return of Kings has published another one of their helpful posts outlining simple ways that women can drive away the sort of guy who takes dating advice from, well, Return of Kings.

In the post, titled “30 Signs That An Eastern European Girl Isn’t Relationship Material,” regular RoK contributor Jean-Batave Poqueliche provides a handy guide to all sorts of things that RoK Red Pillers see as red flags.

I’ve adapted some of my favorites into my own list of 8 Ways Eastern European Women Can Send Roosh Fanboys Running for the Door. Happily, many of these suggestions should also work for non-Eastern European women as well.

Throw your clothes (and possibly your birth control) on the floor

Poqueliche warns his readers to avoid women who are messy.

If you go to hers and … you discover that she has clothes on the floor and everything is out of place, beware. She is careless and has probably the same behavior towards sex and protection.

Let’s just set aside the irony of seeing this statement on a site run by Roosh V, who, by his own admission, had unprotected sex with multiple women over the course of several years even though he thought there was a good chance he had HIV.

The good news here is that women can scare off a Roosh fanboy by simply throwing some dirty socks on the floor.

Buy a few condoms

Apparently Roosh and his fanboys are more terrified by women who are so loose that they own their own condoms than they are of having sex with a woman they barely know without condoms.

Have friends from other countries

This, according to Poqueliche, is a sign that a women “likes foreign culture, ergo she is partial to a foreign knob that is not designed to be static.”

Wait, penises can generate static electricity? I should have probably read the manual a little more carefully.

Tell your date you prefer poetry to firearms

Poqueliche warns men not to date any woman who’s

repulsed by the idea of violence, manliness, or weapons.

She does not understand that a man could fight for his family, enjoy masculine hobbies or knows how to shoot. She wants a progressive man that reads poetry and is not ashamed to cry.

Do bawdy limericks count?

Learn enough about pickup artistry to know when some dude is trying it on you

Poqueliche tells men to shun any woman who

calls you out for escalating, not by playfully delaying it but putting it in words in the “I know what you are doing” way.

Alternately, you could simply work “player” or “pickup artist” or “you’re one of those creepy jackasses who reads Roosh, aren’t you” into your conversation, as that is also a sign to them that YOU KNOW.

Show your bellybutton

As Poqueliche sees it, this is a big slutty tell, and “generally the mark of an especially childish and irresponsible girl.”

Weirdly, RoK’s graphics-master chose to illustrate Poqueliche’s discussion of this important topic with a picture of a woman baring her belly in such a way that … her bellybutton is not actually visible.

Which raises the question: Do RoK readers actually know what a bellybutton is? Is it possible that Roosh and his readership come from some far-away planet where they reproduce by, I dunno, laying eggs, or cell division, or publishing crappy eBooks?

Be older than 25

RoK readers regularly express deep disdain towards women who make it past the quarter-century mark without snagging a man, declaring them unfit for serious relationships. So you’ve got that going for you.

Unfortunately Roosh and his fanboys are still totally willing to “bang” spinsters in their late 20s and up. Sorry old gals! While they don’t want to marry you, Roosh’s fanboys will still pester you for sex, especially since, as Poqueliche sees it, you decrepit old hags are basically easy pickings with

usually a higher notch count and some kind of a despair for a cock that comes with a prospect of relationship.

Henri here feels a similar despair, though in his case he hungers not for sex but for tuna fish

Oh, wait, is that a can opening?
Oh, wait, is that a can opening?

Cut your hair short

If you’re unable to ward off Roosh’s fanboys using any of the tips above, you can always CUT YOUR HAIR, something so terrifying for Poqueliche that it conjures up images of French villagers shaving the heads of women suspected of being Nazi collaborators in the aftermath of D-day.

No, really. You can practically hear him shudder as he asks

Why would a man want to have sex with something that looks like an underfed woman that got sheared just after the locals found out she slept with the occupying army?

Short hair: apparently the most effective form of creep-repellent after pepper spray.

Alan Robertshaw

@ IP

I was late for my first Fight Club meeting so I missed the rules. I have to say though that Fight Club was brilliant and I highly recommend Fight Club.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Alan

I think you heard that joke from me. :p

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Perfect!

re: The Unicow/Moosicorn

Developmental biologists did stuff like that. They still do, I think! (PZ, are you there PZ?) Take out a growth bud to see if it’s the important part of a developmental process, that sort of thing. Piles and piles of ethical review processes keep it from getting too out of hand these days, mind you.

unrelated to moosicorns, eeeeee I sort of made a breakthrough at work today. I hope everyone’s ready for learning computers! 😀

Moocow

I love the moosicorn!

Seconding SFHC’s calling out of the other jake, there’s even a cute little ‘i’m not sexist but,’ thrown in! Other Jake’s ‘logic’ is fully of fallacies and could be used to discredit literally any inventor or discover-er:

Well, if Issac Newton hadn’t launched the field of physics, somebody else would have (maybe 50 or 100 years later). We acknowledge him because he was the first person to clearly express what gravity could and couldn’t do, as well as how to measure it. Also, Issac Newton’s story is tragic because he retreated to a life of solitude after facing public humiliation after he first attempted to show his work to the world.

I’m not trying to diss Sir Issac newton, buuuuuuuuuuut to put his contribution in perspective. It’s simply not true to say that we wouldn’t have physics without him. Newton was the first person to come up with the concept of gravity and how to measure it, and deserves to be recognized for his insights, but he wasn’t able to develop his potential because astrophysics hadn’t been discovered yet.

Of course, I would never make this argument because:
-Saying “well someone else would have discovered it later” is ridiculous and not even wrong.
-Bringing up their personal tragedies as a means of implying “well this is why they really are remembered”. This logical fallacy can fuck right off. It’s absurd how many times an awesome woman gets her personal life used against her because her critics have literally found nothing else to criticize.
-“I’m not X but,”
-concluding with “well s/he didn’t develop her full potential” as if that somehow undoes a person’s accomplishments.

I would respect you more if you just said that your scared.

Oh you just wish that people were scared, instead of making fun of how empty your threats are!

Jake, you are insecure and you feel powerless. These make you feel sad, so you attempt to deny them by pretending you’re somehow ‘above’ emotions. Of course, your denialism doesn’t actually do much to mitigate your emotions. As a result, you enjoy having (imaginary) power over others and that’s probably why you were so gleeful about watching someone getting abused. Your control over her makes you feel so good because you rarely ever feel like you have any sort of power over your own life. You attempt to try to upset people here, you try to scare us, for the same reason.

You and your MGTOW buddies do this all the time. It’s kind of why the MGTOW subreddit is entirely dedicated to posts about women and why women are terrible.

Also, I wanted to reply to Friendly Neighboorhood Dragon Arthur’s post which got buried in the discussion. And it’s actually related since it’s about power fantasies in video games:

What’s particularly funny about this is that whenever power fantasy in video games is brought up, is that guys assume that everyone’s ideal power fantasy exists only in the form of a white guy with the body of a roided-out body builder, and not you know, something completely different.

Letting people have their choice of what they want to be and even tailor that avatar to their own tastes is seen as a “threat to the creativity of the developers” for most part.

So much of this! I was bored of ‘roided-out body builder’ before the first gears of war came out. I’m not a big buff musclecake, nor do I have the desire to be one. I sit down with a game like that and all I can feel is “this is what [gamecompany] thinks I want”.

It’s nice to see video games no longer doing blatant pandering and it’s nice to see that angry gamers who threaten the creativity of developers by suggesting that all video game protagonists should be straight white males, are not being listened to.

Alan Robertshaw

@ scildfreja

I hope everyone’s ready for learning computers!

Congratulations!!!! 🙂

Although can we just clarify, that’s computers that help humans learn; not computers that can themselves learn right?

Because of there one thing I’ve learned from things like 2001, the Forbin Project, Terminator and War Games, the latter option never ends well.

Handsome "These Pretzels Suck" Jack (formerly Pandapool)

comment image

We’re talking about how awesome unicorns are, right?

They’re pretty cool.

@jake,

Here since you all think im lying check me out on youtube WHEN FACEBOOK THUGGING GOES WRONG, I used to deal with people like you all the time.

Lol.

Okay, okay. Two things. First of all, you expect us to believe that you’re the focus of a viral video that’s gathered millions of views? That so conveniently shows the thing you’re threatening? And is trending from worldstarhiphop.com? Excuse me while I chortle.

Second thing. “I used to deal with people like you all the time”?

You came here, you insulted us, you threatened us when we didn’t take your insults, and we’re the ones “facebook thugging”? You came to our house and knocked our drinks on the carpet. We’re the ones dealing with you, @jake. Take your “facebook thugging” elsewhere.

And “facebook thugging” is such a ridiculous term I don’t think I’ll be using it again.

Points for creativity, jake! No points for anything else, but points for creativity!

Edit: Thanks David! He was getting sort of ridiculous.

@Alan, yes. And yes. 😀

As for computers-what-help-you-learn, that’s the focus of my lab’s work. I’ve sort of clicked on a way to represent knowledge that isn’t .. well, fake. Like how grades are fake – knowledge is not about answering a set of multiple choice questions, or saying the magic words in an essay. Knowledge is about the aggregation of concepts and the relationships between them. So, with luck: good bye exams, good bye report cards, good bye multiple choice and boring assignments!

As for computers-what-can-learn-things … hate to break it to you, but we’ve had basic computer learning since the 70’s. The movie War Games is basically the story of Eurisko and Doug Lenat.

(Okay, maybe I’m hyperbolizing a bit there, but Eurisko is some spooky mojo)

(Should I tell the story of Eurisko and Doug Lenat?)

Alan Robertshaw

@ scildfreja

Should I tell the story of Eurisko and Doug Lenat?

Yes please; if you find time. Love finding out stuff.

kupo
kupo

@Scildfreja

I wish that we taught mental hygiene to kids; how to keep positive and maintain a healthy self-image. There are so many valuable life skills that our schools utterly ignore.

I’m an adult and I wish I knew this. Do you have a link or book recommendation?

pitshade
pitshade

I can’t see mental hygiene without thinking of all those shorts that MST3K would sometimes feature, like Posture Pals and A Date With Your Family.

Scildfreja

Okay! Pull up a chair and get ready for a spoooooky story

Doug Lenat was finishing doctorate work on something called AM, Automated Mathematician, back in the late 70’s. This was a computer program that was theoretically able to evaluate and derive all sorts of mathematical principles on its own. Clever stuff! After this was done, he started working on a postdoc (I think it was his postdoc at least) in a similar, related field.

A roleplaying/wargame had come out called Traveller, and in it players could design their own ships (with different sorts of guns, and hulls, and engines, and whatnot), and then would arrange their ships into fleets, and then fight one another. All very interesting, and growing in popularity. There was even a World Traveller Tournament, where anyone could register, build a fleet, and compete for a pot of (i think) five thousand dollars! Neat!

Doug Lenat decided that he would build a new program that would to all of it – design ships, build fleets of them, and then play them against human players. So he called the project Eurisko, and then set to work on designing and programming.

I won’t get into the details how how Eurisko works – it’s fascinating stuff, but it’s a little technical. If you want to know then tell me and I’ll write another reply just for that. Suffice it to say that Eurisko was clever. It wasn’t just a bunch of preprogrammed conditional statements. The program was capable of learning from its mistakes, and was creative in exploring new ideas. I believe that Lenat registered it in either the 1979 or 1980 tournament as the first trial run.

Eurisko was considered an amusing entry. They were all dorky wargamers so the idea of a computer player was very interesting, but they all laughed when they saw the fleet it had built. Eurisko had built what they universally considered to be a terrible fleet. Players typically built a couple of big ships, with defending screens of smaller ships. Eurisko had nothing but little ships with tiny guns. They thought it was a cute attempt by a program, and they gleefully waited to crush the upstart computer.

Which is why they were all stunned to find that Eurisko had obliterated them all, and handily won the first prize. Lenat put the winnings into his research and was told that he had to enter Eurisko again next year, to give them a chance to beat it.

Lenat went back to work on Eurisko and did a bunch more technical stuff that’s probably not worth mentioning. Suffice it to say that he didn’t spend the year idle. The human players, on the other hand, took apart what had happened and examined it in detail. They completely redesigned the ways that they approached the game, with some trying to replicate what Eurisko had accomplished while others tried to find ways to defeat the strategy. By the time the next tournament rolled around, the players had new tactics, new ships, and a burning ambition to beat Eurisko’s fleet of destroyer-tugboats.

Unfortunately, Eurisko no longer used the same strategy in the slightest. It came into the tournament with a completely different setup and approach, using little unmanned drones in unheard-of swarms, along with rock-hard motherships that could barely move. Once again, Eurisko crushed all opposition and handily won the grand prize.

The tournament announced that, if Eurisko won a third time, they would be closing the tournament down – what good is a tournament that’s dominated by a computer? Not wanting to spoil everyones’ fun, Lenat decided that he was done with Eurisko, and said he would no longer be entering the human-killer in the competition.

And here’s where it gets a little weird.

After this, Lenat falls off the radar for awhile. He’s published a few white papers, but nothing much. Details on how Eurisko actually works are spotty – I know that it uses a modular frame system, but I don’t have all of the specifics. And he refuses to share his code. Eurisko is gone, and no amount of argument will sway him.

And then after years, Lenat resurfaces as the head and owner of something called the OpenCyc project. Cyc is more in my field; it’s a massive semantic web library through which an inferencing system can infer things about the real world. If you get enough heuristics into such a semantic web, you can start making some startlingly deep statements about things.

Where’s Eurisko? What was Lenat doing all those years? And why did he jump from doing modular frame stuff to semantic web construction?

It’s enough to make one into a conspiracy theorist!

Scildfreja

@kupo, nothing really specific. There are piles of self-help books out there that collect this sort of thing, but I find they’re either too full of wish-fulfillment or too much “positive energy” “law of attraction” stuff. Brings me back to wanting to write a book on rationality; it’s really the same thing. Basic ideas on mental hygiene are things like these; how to deal with stress, how to realize that your opinions are flaws (not listed in that link), how to identify stressors in your environment, how to identify when your thoughts are being dictated by emotional or environmental factors that are misleading you, etc, etc.

It’s a huge topic, and I’ve never found a great collection that actually condenses it all down. Any of those topics (or others) you were specifically looking at?

@pitshade,

Addition: This is what Traveller looks like:

To help people visualize what Eurisko was doing, this is a frame it built to help it define its world:

pitshade
pitshade

My group back in the 80s never got around to playing Traveller , but rolling up characters was sort of a mini-game.

Also, I hadn’t thought much about MST3k since it went off the air, but the last couple of years some of those guys have been at Dragon Con. If anyone ever has the chance to see them, do it. They’re great just being themselves.

Scildfreja

@pitshade, MST3K is getting a new season: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/bringbackmst3k

😀

calmdown
calmdown

I actually really agree that kids should learn “mental hygiene” as how-not-to-be-a-dick skills in school. Most schools seems to give up on teaching these skills after kindergarten. Sadly, a 10 minute short about how to fold your socks or whatever isn’t as effective as they seemed to think it would be in the 1950’s. However, they are hilarious:

comment image

A Date With Your Family!

pitshade
pitshade

@ Scildfreja

A friend of mine pledged to the kickstarter. I can’t wait to see the goodies she gets.

Kat
Kat

Great discussion about trolling motivations and tactics!

I especially appreciated Scildfreja and Alan Robertshaw’s exchange about frames and also fear and envy of women.

I’ve observed those things both online and IRL.

I stumbled into a dim understanding of frames years ago when I discovered that the best way to shut down a guy’s unwanted attention was to talk to him but change the subject. My favorite strategy when a guy says I’m looking good is to say something like, “You’re the one who’s looking good. That’s a really nice shirt! Is it cotton?” They haven’t anticipated that remark and they’re stuck! I think that this would work only IRL, but I also think that you’ll only really need it IRL.

Oh, and this was interesting, Scildfreja:

I’d suggest that it’s a way for them to express their feelings without actually revealing them, as a shot-in-the-dark. They get to voice their anger and fear and outrage without actually talking about the things that make them angry, fearful, and scared.

Yes, I agree. I do something similar IRL but it’s pro-social (yay!). I consciously release a lot of my emotions — it doesn’t matter what they are — through laughing, which is such a physical thing that it must alter all sorts of hormones and chemicals and such. It’s really helpful when I’m scared or nervous.

kupo
kupo

@Scildfreja
Thanks for the link. I’ll take a look. What I have trouble with is managing stress. It’s better now that my Celiac is better controlled, but I basically have panic attacks over what seem like minor things. Even thinking about talking to people about interpersonal issues causes me to go into panic mode and my throat closes up if I actually try to talk. This is about 10 times worse if I feel like I don’t have any control over the situation. So basically anything that can help me calm myself when anxiety attacks hit would be wonderful. I’ve tried talking to therapists but their tricks don’t work for me (for example, visualizing myself in the woods will only postpone the panic attack).

Kat
Kat

@calmdown

I’m going to have to disagree with you on this one. Some important stuff got left out of my upbringing, so sometimes I’ll learn a lot from media.

I adore public service announcements because they’re so matter of fact about how to do this often challenging human experience.

And sometimes I learn a lot from TV. For example, on Ellen (Ellen Degeneres’s comedy show back in the 1980s), somebody’s disagreeable elderly aunt died. The niece felt bad that she didn’t miss her. Ellen said, “Sometimes someone in your family is awful. You love them but when they die, you don’t miss them.” I think that line of dialogue saved me a lot of money on therapy.

calmdown
calmdown

@kupo

I don’t know if it helps anything but, I relate to a lot of what you just described about anxiety, panic, and social situations. I’m still searching myself for something to effectively deal with panic attacks, so I know how hard those symptoms can be to manage.

calmdown
calmdown

@Kat

Sorry, I didn’t mean that all video shorts don’t teach you anything useful. I’m sure there are some good ones. I’m mostly referencing the super 50’s ones like a Date With Your Family; where the main message is “don’t share your feelings too much, because it will spoil dinner. Make sure you look rested when hubby comes home etc.” There are also lots of them then teach women skills for being a good wife like shopping, cooking, etc that actually do have a lot of useful practical advice if you overlook the gender roles part. I never hurts to learn how to shop or cook!

Skiriki
Skiriki

Re: Eurisko and tactics (and I have 1st printing of Traveller right here)

This reminds me of my first RPG group, specifically that time when people were playing Battletech — a mecha strategy game of kicking ass.

It has light, medium and heavy mechs, and a lot of people drift towards big heavy mechs like Atlas and others, because eff yeah, they’re cool. They are heavily armored, they have big guns, and they heat up like a black cat left into a black car in direct sunlight and need enormous heatsinks to avoid shutdowns.

One of the players (who had an uncanny knack for instinctive mathematics when annoyance factor was included) built a swarm of light/medium mechs to face medium and heavy mechs of his opponents.

Each mech came with…

37 machine guns + ammo. I remember the number so well, because it was carefully calculated to be the top number before the mech started to slow down too much. Basically, it was a walking pile of machine guns.

Sure… it meant that most damage was PLING! off Atlas’ armor. But… Machine guns have pretty decent chance for a crit, they do not heat up the mech, and light mechs move across battlefield like greased weasels. Best of all, machine gun ammo is not at all vulnerable to crits and potential explosions (when compared to missiles and other things).

And criticals are BRUTAL, especially when they start to accumulate. Some of the most dreaded ones are shutdowns and ammo explosions. The former leaves you a standing target, and the latter ignores armor and deals looooooots of damage.

Did I mention a swarm?

A single Atlas or couple of medium mechs stood no chance — accumulating criticals chewed through them, and if one of the light mechs got destroyed by that missile (targeting only single mech!), oh, no worries, there’s more of those nasty little fuckers.

…they made an unofficial rule that builds like these are now banned, ‘mmmkay, let’s not get carried away with this kind of nonsense.

Scildfreja

re: Frames – frames are a pretty common term in psychology apparently – I refer to them in their artificial intelligence/cognitive science forms usually, but they’re related. The whole concept of “breaking frame” is a great one, though. It’s sort of glorious to watch a smug jerk short-circuit in confusion when you act outside of the script.

Takeaway: practice shifting from one frame to another mid-frame. Be water, my friend.

@Kat, laughing is great for you. It sort of shifts you out of the fight-or-flight response somewhat if you’re in it, fosters generation of the happy-hormones, improves clear thinking if you’re stressed. It’s a great reaction.

@kupo, <3. I get anxiety attacks too. I can't really tell you how to fix it, I'm not a therapist, but I might be able to give you some insights into the biology of what's going on in your brain? It might help you weather the storm.

It's a nasty self-reinforcing cycle, as far as I know. the fight-or-flight system is looking for threats constantly at a low level – when this is elevated, it's anxiety. When it detects a threat (which is often not actually a threat, but is just perceived as one due to the oversensitive FoF system) you get that run-from-bear rush of adrenaline. Everything tightens, since adrenaline is an inflammatory hormone in the body. So, your heartbeat goes up, your blood pressure goes up (inflammation in the arteries), your chest and throat tightens, etc.

At the same time, in your brain, the adrenaline acts as a neurotransmitter and you become hyper-aware. At the same time, your mind races – a lot of the "situation modeling" structures in the brain run on adrenaline as a neurotransmitter, so your brain starts spinning in circles trying to model a resolution that will end the threat.

Eesh. Sorry, that stressed me out just typing it.

Turns out that this reaction can happen just due to the daily cyclical rhythms of serotonin and adrenaline production, if you’re imbalanced. Do you find that you tend to have panic attacks for no reason, sometimes? Mid-day or in the evening? After a big meal or something sweet? Changes in alertness or in blood composition/pressure can bring on exactly the same reaction. That’s how I get it – my panic attacks are often unprovoked and out of the blue.

When I get one, I remind myself – the thing I am experiencing is a normal response to an overproduction of stress hormones. My ability to evaluate is compromised and my threat assessment isn’t appropriate to the situation. I still end up having the anxiety attack, but – I don’t know, there’s certainly a cognitive difference now. I’m afloat on top of the waves of anxiety. Still experiencing it, but separate from it. It ends sooner and isn’t as bad. Try keeping that in your thoughts as you start having the anxiety attack – the anxiety is a natural implication of the state of your body, You are separate from it.

I hope it works. Let me know!

@Skiriki, eheehee :3

That’s pretty much what Eurisko did, yes. Though the second fleet it put together was considered even more ridiculous – like throwing popcorn at battleships. Your friend has got some serious geek cred!

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

Thank you for the compliments earlier for those who gave them. Sorry I did not say anything sooner but I’m having a bad brain week. It’s kind of messed up. My thinking is easier when it has to do with conflicts but outside of that and it’s like carrying something heavy, slow and deliberate 😛

Alan Robertshaw

@ scildfreja

Wow, thanks for that. I’m sure he’s a nice guy but maybe we need to consider a ‘Miles Dyson’ option; just to make sure.

Speaking of AI related things, you may be interested in a story from the early attempts at using neural networks for military photo interpretation. You can imagine the set up. They basically showed the system thousands of photographs in two batches. One where tanks were present (but hidden) and ones where there were no tanks.

They the asked it to analyse new photos. The results were not encouraging. They eventually worked out why. All the photos with tanks had been taken when it was raining (there may have been a reason for that but it’s not relevant to this point) and all the photos without tanks had been taken when it wasn’t raining.

So basically they’d created a fantastic system that could tell you if it was raining or not.

(Camouflage and computer versus human photo interpretation is a fascinating area. Checkout out the US issue ‘digital’ camo versus the UK MTP camo for example)

Scildfreja

@Brony, <3. I hope you are feeling better soon!

@Alan, I'm familiar with the US Army's Adventures in Neural Networks! That story is actually a pretty popular example when teaching the things. Lots of students get enamoured with neural nets of all stripes, because they feel kind of magical – and they sort of are, really. Especially bayesian belief networks. BBNs are usually trotted out as the Algorithm That Can Solve Anything, but… well, you have to be really, really sure that you’re fitting the thing to the right input data. Otherwise you get a lovely weather forecaster and not a very good tank detector. Even if you’re really, really careful about selecting your training set/test set, it’s very hard to know whether you’ve actually trained it on the thing you’re interested in.

case in point: Google Deep Dream turns everything into dogs, because it was trained on dogs. So it doesn’t see the world as the world. It sees The Contiguous Ultrahound.

Be glad that your brain is not trained to look into that dark and terrifying world!

bluecat
bluecat

Fascinating thread, and thanks especially to Scildfreja for so much awesome information.

Sounds like Iain M Banks must have been a fan of Eurisko, which might well have been a product of the Culture.

Much appreciated on anxiety attacks, too – I’ll try that approach next time.

About Jake-the-bleak-to-ridiculous: like other trolls I’ve seen, their poor spelling, grammar and phrasing seemed patchy. As they began to escalate, they started not making the same errors as they had in earlier posts.

Possibly some sentences from the familiar MRA/troll talking points were ones they had seen time after time in other sources (or had cut and pasted).

Or they were consciously trying to write as they imagined a poor, formerly homeless, abused, black ex-drug dealer might do, and then dropped it as things got more exciting.

Or they were under influences of various sorts at different times of posting.

Or I’m wrong and it’s all consistent with ordinary sloppy writing/typing/thinking.

I almost feel as if there’s a research project there.

Robert
Robert

Scildfreja – thanks for the Eurisko story! I am going to look for more information on that.

Regarding ‘mental hygiene’, my parents got us kids a set of instructional, indeed hortatory, booklets on the topic of How Not to be an Asshole. Not the actual title. From table manners to keeping yourself clean, to keeping your temper to keeping from offending or wounding others – looking back, it had a big influence on me. Having six older siblings helped too; there’s no better bargain than learning from someone else’s mistakes.

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Social Justice Necromancer

I like my long hair…can I wear a wig or bun so I don’t have to cut it off?

kupo
kupo

I just massively fried my hair on my last dye job, so I’m seriously considering a pixie cut now.

Von Ragnar
Von Ragnar

A bawdy limericks? Let me try my hand at them:

There was a man who lived once in Sicily
He liked having sex, which he did nilly-willy
His act was erreatic
‘Cause he could shoot static
Electricity out of his willie

They met sunny morning one day in Jaipur
He wanted a lady all over his… spur
But the meeting was rushed
Cause he listen to Roosh
And she throws dirty socks on the floor

I met man in London, who one thing did say:
That apple a day may keep doctors at bay
But cutting hair pixie
Is even more tricksy
‘Cause it scares all the PUA-s away!

1 6 7 8