antifeminism evil moms men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny

MGTOWs celebrate “Incubator Day” with attacks on mothers, vagina-related slurs

Happy mother's day?
Happy mother’s day?

Never let it be said that Men Going Their Own Way lack a sentimental side. Or that they’re the sort of oafish clods who forgot that today was Mother’s Day. Far from it!

Over on MGTOWHQ.com, one thoughtful fellow has opened a thread to honor mothers and motherhood. Well, sort of. In a thread titled “Happy Incubator Day,” the MGTOW who calls himself womanhater — you’ll see why in a second — has a message for the mothers of the world.

A lovely sentiment, and one that should be widely shared, although I suspect it would be a bit too long to fit on a greeting card.

My mother nor my sister nor the mother of my children will be getting gifts or phone calls from me today. Want your grown sons to give the slightest inkling of a f*ck about you once you’re too old and wrinkled for any attention from other men? Then you should think very carefully about whether you’re more loyal to your son or to the sisterhood – because we do not forgive or forget.

In your FACE, wrinkly old ladies!

A fellow called The Signal offers his support to womanhater, even though he personally hasn’t declared war on all the women in his life.

Dude, I’m genuinely sorry to read of your trials. My own upbringing was actually pretty ordinary and happy, but were I in shoes like yours, I’d be Fed Exing dead rodents and rusty razor blades today.

The Notorious GIT posts a YouTube video of a song called “I love watching you die,” declaring it to be the perfect “motherf**kin mood music for this motherf**kin day!”

He continues:

My mother is today, alone. Left by my father after she tried to trap him with a kid (me) and divorced by the man she succeeded in trapping with my sister. Said sister hasn’t spoken to her in years. I haven’t spoken to her in 14 years. Well, except when she found out where I worked and called, but only to tell her to go the bloody fuck ahead and try to come visit the pistol and shotgun armed combat veteran powerlifting 240 pound professional martial artist.

And if, after the inevitable violent incident, the police demand an explanation, he’ll tell them that

I teach kids here, and she has a history of violence, child abuse and substance abuse.

Notorious GIT’s notes that his mother might already be dead — he’s asked other family members not to tell him is she dies. But he prefers to imagine that she is still alive.

I like to envision her in a large empty house she’s mortgaged to the hilt to pay for, empty but for the detritus of her constant snacking and boxed wine binging. Perhaps a cat …

He imagines his mother Googling his name today

in futility over a box of tissues as I am outwardly cursed as a monster for doing this to her. But inwardly, in whatever deeply flawed logic center must be present in order that these animals may survive to post wall spinsterhood, I know she knows, and I know it must hurt, and it makes me smile a sneering, baleful smile.

Now, I don’t know the details of womanhater’s or Notorious GIT’s childhoods. They may well have been subjected to horrific abuse at the hands of their respective mothers, and however poisonous these men are today they obviously didn’t deserve whatever abuse they faced.

It’s perfectly understandable that these two men, if they did indeed face the “trials” that The Signal alludes to, would cut off all communication with their allegedly abusive mothers. And neither one owes his mother forgiveness; you’re allowed to hate those who abused you.

Mother’s Day and Father’s Day can be rough on those who had crappy or abusive parents. But it’s not healthy to blame an entire gender for actions of one woman.

Chiomara
Chiomara

As the child of an abusive mother myself… Dude… That’s… Wow.

iknklast
iknklast

My son had mother that would fit their definition of militant feminist, though I never committed any act of militant violence against anyone. He and I are very close, and he is a strong, outspoken feminist. I realize – anecdotal evidence and sample size of one, but that puts me in the same boat as notorious GIT. And it might just be a black swan.

On the other hand, my mother was an ardent anti-feminist who was convinced that feminism would run the world and that feminist women were all bra-burning sluts who couldn’t get a man. She was also a lousy mother and I endured a childhood of abuse. I still never talked about her with the vileness of these men, even though I could be rather blunt when asked. And I don’t blame all of her gender (and mine) for the abuse, nor do I blame all of my father’s gender for the fact that he found ways to avoid being home so he wouldn’t have to know what was going on and dealing with it.

Bina

COOL STORY, BRO. I bet you’re actually all of 15 years old, 98 pounds, can’t karate chop your way out of a wet paper bag, and writing that with one hand.

And on that note, these guys make me so glad I decided never to have kids. Not even to “trap” some poor unsuspecting manchild.

Dal
Dal

I always told myself “surely these people can’t hate women THAT much; don’t most of these people have mothers? Parental abuse aside, who the hell hates their own mother?”

Good lord, was I wrong. Me and my mother don’t always see eye to eye, but if anyone used that language to refer to my mother, I’d be utterly, utterly beside myself.

Miss Madi Masochist
Miss Madi Masochist

Why am I not completely floored with shock that these guys have mommy issues? Well, as someone who has them as well, and is now a mother trying to figure out raising a child without a Maternal (or Paternal) Role-model, I can partly emphasize.

I hope they find healing and peace one day for the hardships of having an abusive parent, although hate isn’t really healing.. whatever floats their hope, as long as it’s away from me!

On a more positive note to all the mommies, and even the single daddies who pull the weight of both mom and dad on their shoulders:

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

MexicanHotChocolate
MexicanHotChocolate

I’m surprised that MGTOWs have the time to post about Mother’s Day at all. Isn’t the MGTOW lifestyle so full of action and adventure and spending oodles of cash oneself that MGTOWs don’t have time for anything else?

Judas Peckerwood

“On this holiday of tw*t worship, I just wanted to point out to any potential tw*t lurkers who’ve excreted a f*ck trophy or five that men like me are the inevitable result of being raised by militant feminist mothers.”

True, but it would make an awesome singing telegram.

Argle Bargle (formerly Carr)
Argle Bargle (formerly Carr)

excreted a f*ck trophy

Now, I’m not a person who likes children (I don’t feel comfortable around them and I don’t know what to do), but this is just mean. And the idea that going number 2 is the same as giving birth? Classy. I thought they couldn’t hit a new low, but they obviously could.

Lkeke35
Lkeke35

These statements? mostly just made me feel deeply, deeply sad for these men. What sad, strange ,nasty f***s these men are. How awful must their lives be to hate everyone and everything in this world, including their own self. Hatred eats the soul and these statements are a perfect example of that.

All I can do is hope one day they really do go their own way and find some peace with just themselves. They sure as hell aren’t going to find any out in the world with that attitude, and no point in making others lives wholly miserable just because they are.

Dr. NicolaLuna, Epic Slut
Dr. NicolaLuna, Epic Slut

If children were fuck trophies, they’d stay on the shelf where they were put and not do bizarre things like drawing on the walls, peeing in the garden and putting lipstick on the cat.

It does sound like some of them had awful childhoods and like they have some unresolved stuff that a counsellor could help with. But lots of people have to deal with stuff, being so hateful of an entire gender based on one person is a choice that they have made.

Silver
Silver

It just goes to prove what many say – these guys are damaged and embittered men, who really need to go and get help to work through their issues and not blame every woman, like they would seem to project on us, saying that we all hate all men. Nope.

Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid
Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid

Today’s excuse for not just going their own way already: it really stands for Maternal Gratitude? That’s Outrageous! Waaaaaaah!

ETA: huh. my Gravatar is gone. spooky.

mockingbird
mockingbird

@Subtract Hominem – From here, your current pic seems to be a giant, flying tardigrade shooting a laser from one end.

dreemr
dreemr

Giving this person the benefit of the doubt – probably a stretch, I know – wow, how terrified must he still be of his mother to talk about this kind of overpowering physicality? Someone still feels pretty helpless, and I don’t mean that in a snarky way.

My son is very openly being raised by a feminist. His genetic contributor couldn’t care less about contributing any of his “masculine wisdom” even though he lives in the same tiny rural town. My son and I have a very good relationship, but he would no doubt be considered a “beta-cuck-mangina” type since he, y’know, treats people with respect and expresses his feelings and all kinds of mamby-pamby feministy things like that…

My own mother was not intentionally abusive but her struggles with untreated mental illness were not pleasant or easy to live with. She died last year and in all honesty I was glad. Glad that her suffering was over, yes – she had battled cancer for a long time, in addition to the aforementioned mental illness – but also glad that my suffering over her was done, too. I feel a strange sort of liberation now that both of my parents are dead.

Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid
Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid

Brilliant! That’s what I changed it to after the cheese drums vanished.

Somewhat more on topic, I can’t believe one of those MGTOW’s thinks the guy with the “sneering baleful smile” is the hero of his story. Notorious git indeed.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

A better way to repudiate an abusive, bullying parent: become a decent human being, not a carbon copy.

This guy is still in his mother’s thrall, and all the guns and karate belts and violent fantasies in the world aren’t going to erase that feeling of powerlessness. He needs more help than an echo chamber full of nasty, bitter misogynists can provide.

kale
kale

I was abused by my parents in such a way that it could have killed me, and I didnt grow up hating any particular giant group of people like a whole gender, so I dont have any forgiveness or tolerance for these men’s hates. Plenty of people have survived extreme horror and come out not-bigoted. & plenty of bigots have cushy lives.

As a child, I did have some pretty extreme anger towards my obv more powerful abusers including violent fantasies of self defense and even retaliation, which I actually think is pretty normal as a defensive reaction, being hit and held down and choked and stuff and having no power to defend myself, but even then I knew it was wrong and was ashamed I felt that way. I also had and have PTSD from the abuse. but I really cant imagine boldly stating such horrific violence like that as an adult.

My mother was actually one of the rare abusive people who admitted what happened, got mental health care (yes I know not all abusers are driven by illness, but she really was), and made amends, and now we have a relationship – with strong boundaries. I was able to forgive her. MY dad is still pretty much a jerk. However this is not to say that anyone shoud expect such a change or should feel pressured to forgive or whatever, That just is what happened with me. My parents were pretty anti-feminist but that isnt why Im a feminist I dont think; being raised with X mentality can make some people believe X and others will not believe X, Im not sure theres a direct correlation.

Nequam
Nequam

Judas– something like this?

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

Ya know what, fellas? Yeah, that fucking sucks. Anyone out there, MGTOW or otherwise, with terrible parents, e-hugs are on me

Dan Kasteray
Dan Kasteray

Seems to me a lot of these guys have confused sexual feelings for their mother’s.

It’s just that post about their female relatives hitting the wall and being unattractive makes them sound like something from game of thrones

Judas Peckerwood

@Nequam — The very comic I was thinking of, actually!

PhDad
PhDad

I have a tough time with father’s day because my dad died when I was 18. I have a tougher time with mother’s day because my mother (who is still alive) and I have a relationship that might charitably be described as “strained.” Guys, it’s understandable to be bitter, but you’re hurting yourselves with this kind of attitude.

Chiomara
Chiomara

I am sorry, you all. I am glad you turned out well.

Lea
Lea

The way men like this see family, especially children, is so sad. Every possible conection is poisoned by their bigotry and bitterness.

Ouraboros13

@kale, bigotry can be informed by abuse but it seems to more or less come from people being indoctrinated in an environment full of ignorance. Bigotry seems to be less a reaction to abuse and more a rationalization for abuse.

Antisocialite
Antisocialite

My siblings and I were raised by an abusive mother AND father. Dear old dad was saying the exact things that come out of the mouths of those in the manosphere back in the 60s and 70s, and mom was an anti-feminist that was thrilled when the ERA was voted down.

Go figure.

mrex
mrex

What lovely young men. My parents were bad enough that moving out was the greatest day of my life, and I felt a bit of freedom at one’s death. I still never took joy in imagining them suffering alone in an empty house full of cats.

These sons grew up to be abusers *for sure*. Abusers believe that others can’t survive without them. They believe that they are victims of a cruel world. People tell you about themselves in their stories, the beliefs that these guys have about their moms are the beliefs of an abusive personality.

I’ve never been more pleased to see men avoid women. It’s so unusual for abuser’s to change. KEEP AVOIDING US BOYS. Yes, we’re so lonely, with our, uh, cats. Truly suffering.

Alex
Alex

I get the feeling that he is not as described and actually lives in his mum’s basement

kale
kale

I was raised by bigots in a culture full of it. I may have been ignorant, but I have never been invested by hate. So I cant understand it and I dont have patience with it.

LG.
LG.

I’ve known men with abusive mothers who manage quite excellently not to become misogynists. I think the key difference is that they manage to have emotionally healthy, nurturant relationships with someone, somehow, during their formative years.

Shaenon

That’s a conversation I totally believe happened outside his imagination.

If it actually happened, that’s even more pathetic. “Do you even lift, MOM?”

Karalora
Karalora

I certainly didn’t have the happiest childhood and there are some things I still haven’t quite forgiven my mother for (though maybe I should). But I love her to pieces. My sister and I took her to Disneyland today – paid for her admission and for a wheelchair rental since she’s recovering from knee surgery. We had a lovely time. Lots of people were there with their mothers, wearing carnations because they were handing them out for free at the entrance. Disney characters often don’t have mothers, but they sure respect them!

Orion
Orion

COOL STORY, BRO. I bet you’re actually all of 15 years old,

Bina, if we take this man’s story at face value, he’s a ridiculous person who deserves all manner of mockery; mockery which he is receiving at the capable hands of the commentariat.

What is gained by accusing anonymous posters who may be abuse survivors of making it all up?

Jo
Jo

FWIW, it’s not Mother’s Day everywhere today:

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

Man, I yelled at my mother today when I told her I want to move out as soon as I’m done with college and live with my friend. She is paranoid because this friend offered to let me live with them, so they *must* actually be a sex trafficker.

I’ve known them for three years. We go out to eat and do a thing in Detroit a few times a year. They voluntarily give me more financial support than my parents are capable of, I’ve been surviving thanks to their generosity. I really love this person, they’re a good friend.

She threatened to pull my student loan she took out for me.

She somehow simultaneously underestimates me due to my disability and believes it can be overcome. Her desire to keep me in a small town with no illustration jobs, constantly hovering over me and treating me like a child even though I might be the MOST independent child she has because I’m the only one who lived away from home for an extended period of time, and then threatening to kill my dreams like that really hurt me. It made me cry.

She has said and done worse things to me.

Happy fucking mother’s day, mom. Personally, I don’t like this day either because I still have to deal with her shit.

And yet I’m still not a misogynist.

Florkje
Florkje

But it’s not healthy to blame an entire gender for actions of one woman.

Oh hi, MGTOW’s reason for being.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

My mom hasn’t been the perfect mom. She’s had shit taste in men, which has led to my own life being a bit hell. But I don’t blame her for the actions of the men she’s dated.

I don’t hate her for that, and while she has said/done some shitty things to me in the past, I’ve come to forgive her.

Hell, we’re going shopping tomorrow for my birthday (which was Mother’s Day in the US).

I did become a feminist partially because of the abuse I faced as a kid from my sperm donor “father” and my “step-father”, and while I’ve learned to be wary of men, I certainly don’t hate them.

If they want to cite abuse as the reason they hate all women, they’re just being pathetic, IMO.

Matt
Matt

I teach kids here

Oh yay, nothing says “responsible adult worth trusting with children” like Internet braggadocio and gun-fondling. He probably spends his free time browsing the seventh graders in his ongoing search for a female who doesn’t know that his penis is humorous…

teabug
teabug

Oh, dear; is it ever possible to hate your own mother. Assuming the worst about all mothers on the other hand…

Snowberry
Snowberry

Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Well, most MTGOWs do think all women are witches…

(Sorry, I just had to!)

Pennie
Pennie

I’m delurking to say that I’m another one raised by an abusive mother. I celebrated mothers day this year by calling my granny to wish her a happy mothers day, instead of posting vile comments about an entire group of women.

Valentine
Valentine

To the people who have English as a first language – is it just me or do you find these Mgtow’s prose really difficult to understand? I’m had to read each quote twice to even get a small idea what they were trying to say. To me it is like there are just too many words in a sentence o_o

mrex
mrex

@LG

“The bitter, obsessive hatred of these truly furious misogynist men seems to me to be the product of one having a toxic relationship with his mother, yet she’s still the most reliable person in his life.”

More like the product of a toxic relationship with his mother on top of such a massive dose of entitlement that he thinks his victimhood excuses his bad behavior. I mean, his name is fucking womenhater; so it’s not like he’s innocently unaware that his beliefs are toxic. You can’t get more loud and proud of being a shitty asshole than calling yourself “womanhater”.

Wherever his entitlement complex came from, he didn’t receive it from abuse. Abuse actually does the opposite; it beats you down. Remember, its a myth that people behave badly because of their pain. Lundy Bancroft says it best; he’s not abusive because he’s angry, he’s angry because he’s abusive.

@authorialAlchemy

“They voluntarily give me more financial support than my parents are capable of, I’ve been surviving thanks to their generosity. I really love this person, they’re a good friend.”

I have to admit that this paragraph raised my eyebrows, since I’ve found it rare for people to be this generous without strings being (unconsciously?) attached. So some advice from a bitter old feminist; being financially dependent on *anyone* is asking for trouble. Always have a plan b, since things don’t always work out, even with the best of intentions. 🙂

mrex
mrex

@Orion

“Abusive mothers don’t make men into misogynists, but by the Law of Large Numbers we can guess that there is a large number of misogynists out there who happened to have abusive mothers. It’s not an implausible claim. Challenging it it basically pointless if they were faking, and monstrous if they were telling the truth.”

^^^THIS.

Very well said.

mrex
mrex

Welp, I missed my window to edit out my swearing. I should have, it sounds like I was swearing at LG instead of emphasising what I was saying. 🙁

Sorry LG. I didn’t intend to swear at you. 🙁

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Valentine | May 9, 2016 at 12:36 pm

As a native English speaker: It’s not just you, we can barely make heads or tails of it either.

It seems like everything they say can just be boiled down to one thing: “I hate women because of [Reason]*.”, and the rest is just purple prose of slurs and the gnashing of teeth.

*[Reason] being anything they deem it isn’t okay for women to do, whether we actually do it or not.

LG.
LG.

mrex –

I think one of the most toxic, abusive things a parent can do to a son is instill patriarchal entitlement in him. So it’s not a question of, “Was he really abused, or is he an entitled misogynist?” That’s a false binary.

I’ve known enough misogynist mom-haters in my life (including my own father) to have seen what looks to me like a pretty solid pattern: Mr. Mom-Hater goes off on rants and tirades about how abusive his mom is without ever going into specifics, because what he’s really angry about is the fact that his perpetually servile, enabling patriarchal mom failed/is failing to understand him 100% perfectly and somehow keep him perpetually in a state of contentment.

But what he sees as “abusive” is her failure to do that, not the fact that she instilled/helped instill the idea in him that that’s what women are supposed to do in the first place.

epitome of incomprehensibility

Okay, so I haven’t always had the best relationship with my mother. I was a “difficult” child/teenager, and often when I acted out, she’d threaten to send me to the local mental hospital (calling it disparaging names). And she’d say other prejudiced things, and I’d say mean things, and we’d get into conflicts that caused us both unnecessary stress.

But now that she’s going through depression and is having a really tough time, I’m not going to say she deserves it. She certainly doesn’t. And I’m certainly not going to say all mothers are horrible evil people just because! (Though I’m going to use the word “certainly” a lot, apparently.)

On a lighter note, the phrase “fuck trophy” made me laugh. Like that’s how parents usually think of their children… “Hello, meet my son Tommy – or, should I say, LIVING EVIDENCE THAT I’VE HAD SEX!” Uh-huh.

epitome of incomprehensibility

@authorialAlchemy – That sounds upsetting. Your mom shouldn’t dismiss your plans and wishes like that, even if she is trying to be protective. I hope things will get better soon.

It reminds me a bit of last summer when a friend invited me to stay at his/his dad’s house while I was in another province for vacation (I was planning to record some music with him), but my parents didn’t like that. I’m grown up and everything, but they were afraid he’d be some sort of predator… or that we’d stop being platonic friends in each other’s proximity and have an exciting affair, just because. I dunno.

(The logical solution would’ve been to visit him but sleep somewhere else, but I didn’t have much money then and I ended up visiting a relative in a completely different city instead. Hopefully this summer things will work out.)

I’d take mrex’s words into account, too. Maybe you could see about a compromise – staying somewhere else at first, if that’s possible? Could your friend help you look for a different apartment there? Of course, I’m not you and I don’t know!

mrex
mrex

@LG

“Oh, swear at me all you like. Much more bothered by how you seem to be rather misconstruing where I’m coming from.”

The swearing was giving it a weird angry tone that wasn’t my intention. That’s basically what I was apologizing for. I wasn’t mad at you, I wasn’t trying to give you a shitty attitude. Sorry.

As for misconstruing where you were coming from… I wasn’t aware that I was. Even rereading your first post, it still sounds like apologism to me. But OK, that’s my reading of it, not what you wrote. Maybe if you explained it differently, I would understand? 🙂