abortion clickbait hypocrisy irony alert mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny patronizing as heck PUA rape rape culture reactionary bullshit red pill return of kings rhymes with roosh

Return of Kings: Women screw up contraception because abortion gets them attention

Sperm: Reportedly also play a part in pregnancy
Sperm: Reportedly play a part in pregnancy

Over on Return of Kings, one of the internet’s prime repositories of misogynistic garbage, a headline asks: “Are Women Careless With Contraception Because They Love The Attention From Getting An Abortion?”

SPOILER ALERT: Yes, at least according to RoK contributor David Garrett Brown.

As Brown sees it, contraception is just so darn cheap, and so completely foolproof, that women who get pregnant must be doing it on purpose.

From the ditzy cashier girl in her mid twenties to the deplorably feminist gender studies graduate, women are continually getting themselves pregnant, despite most of them not wanting a child … But why? If abortion involves such a traumatic choice, even for women who are pro-abortion, why do they subject themselves to a form of masochism easily averted by just using a condom and either a pill or contraceptive implant?

Well, you know how ladies are. They love attention nearly as much as clickbait-headline-writing editors at Return of Kings do.

Put simply, women want the attention that comes from both abortion and debates about abortion. …

Playing the abortion card, despite the ease with which 99% of abortion situations can be avoided, enables women to portray themselves as oppressed pieces of oestrogen-producing meat.

And of course a lot of them enjoy that whole “killing a baby” thing.

Many of them also adore the decision-making capability they can wield in having a foetus inside of them and deciding that it will not ever breathe outside the womb.

Brown confesses that he has mixed feelings about abortion itself.

Low birth rates have essentially destroyed the vitality of Western cultures, so on that count I find it in practical terms a form of social suicide. Conversely, feminists love abortions more than any other group and so them failing to reproduce as much is a win for society.

But, damn girls, why do you have to be so darn irresponsible?

What I find disdainful [sic] is that most women get themselves to the abortion stage in the first place. So much public energy, which could be better channelled in solving truly hard problems, is wasted on correcting the lack of responsibility on the part of sexually active women.

If you do not want to face either an abortion or having a child, do not get pregnant. It is literally that f**king simple. But if, like many women, you want a form of perverse attention and victimhood, abortion and fighting about abortion are great ways to achieve this ignoble aim.

Brown’s insistence that contraceptive failures are are pretty much always the woman’s fault might seem a tad ironic, given that the founder of Return of Kings, the unlovely and untalented Roosh Valizadeh, loves to boast about the number of times he’s been able to pressure or trick women into letting him “raw dog” them — that is, to have sex with them without a condom.

Indeed, in one post he offered men hoping to “raw dog” their dates some helpful tips. One useful technique: just plain lying about whether or not you’ve been tested for STDs:

She’ll ask if you’ve been tested. Say “Yes.” Don’t worry, she won’t ask when you were tested, how many girls you f**ked raw since you were tested, and what you were actually tested for. Even if you’ve never been tested, you can say “Not recently, but I’m 99% sure I don’t have anything,” and that’ll be just fine for her.

Or you could ignore her “no” and just start having sex with her sans condom, without her permission.

When gearing up for the second act of sex, just diddle her vagina with your dick and stuff it in. If she objects, get a condom and try again next time. By the fourth of fifth time, you’ll be banging raw guaranteed.

As you can see, Roosh has a rather expansive notion of what counts as consensual sex.

Roosh has sometimes worried that he might get AIDS from all this unsafe sex. But he doesn’t seem quite so worried that any of the women he’s, well, donated his sperm to will get pregnant. Possibly because he believes in magic. Possibly because he regularly moves from country to country. Possibly because he’s given so many of these women a fake name. And possibly because he’s a narcissistic, exploitative sh*tstain who really doesn’t care about anything that doesn’t personally affect him.

Whatever the reason, it does seem not just ridiculous but also just a teensy bit hypocritical for Roosh’s Return of Kings to suggest that it’s women who are almost entirely to blame for unwanted pregnancies.

FrickleFrackle
FrickleFrackle

Oh, joy!! Glenn returns!! So, what does Glenn think of my best friend being a woman? And the fact that I don’t consider losing my virginity a goal?

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

@PI, that sounds like a sucky school. I doubt they’re even accredited.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

OoglyBoggles | May 5, 2016 at 9:06 pm

Yowza. Are you referring to getting a vasectomy, or self-mutilation? Because the latter isn’t cool.

Lunzie Mespil
Lunzie Mespil

women are continually getting themselves pregnant…”

This guy has a very poor understanding of biology if he thinks that’s how pregnancy actually occurs.

On a slightly different tangent, it reminds me a bit of Todd Akin and his infamous comment that “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.” Amazing how many people seem to think a woman somehow has complete control over whether or not she gets pregnant, and the man bears no responsibility.

Tell me again how it is that men are so much smarter than women?

masque d'étoiles
masque d'étoiles

Said Scildfreja:

@PI, that sounds like a sucky school. I doubt they’re even accredited.

Misandry! Accreditation requirements are misandry!

kupo
kupo

I had a friend who was having unprotected sex with her husband and I asked why she was trying to get pregnant if she was having such financial troubles she was constantly stressed about (she was homeless at the time) and she kept insisting she wasn’t trying. Made me wonder if she thought she had to will it to happen. Then the Akin thing happened years layer and I realized she’s not the only one who thinks that way.

varalys the dark

I hold a Master’s level degree in Misan- I mean Women’s Studies and I have to admit this fact has never led me to get pregnant and then have an abortion. The fact I’m a raving lesbian who, although she loves kids, has NEVER wanted one of her own (I knew this before I realised I was gay) probably accounts for this fact.

Of course lesbian doesn’t = no kids. My first girlfriend had a young girl who I loved spending time with, it’s more I lack the abilty to get pregnant as carelessly as my choice of degree would seem to imply to this douchnozzle.

mrex
mrex

@kupo

“I had a friend who was having unprotected sex with her husband and I asked why she was trying to get pregnant if she was having such financial troubles she was constantly stressed about (she was homeless at the time) and she kept insisting she wasn’t trying.”

I get where you’re coming from but that’s… kinda judgy. It’s not exactly easy, or even always possible, to get/use contraception when homeless (at least in the US), and I don’t think a sexless marriage is particularly healthy unless both partners truly desire it.

My oldest is a condom baby. The middle was a “health insurance won’t cover BC” baby. (It’s funny, insurance wouldn’t cover birth control, but you better believe they covered abortion). But I wanted another baby, anyway. The last was a “guy ‘accidentally’ fucked up contraception to entrap me” baby. Which was lovely. 9_9

He was a MRA type as well. That’s why you see MRAs constantly obsessing about women entrapping them and financially abusing them, because they’re projecting their own behavior.

Kit Fowley
Kit Fowley

The CDC actually pays for condom distribution programs across the country. Nearly every hospital in the US gives out condoms for free on request, no information or identification required. Of course that means that the men in the equation have to be partway responsible, but being without income does not mean you have to be unsafe, necessarily.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

“Trojan” is a pretty daft brand name for condoms when you consider the Trojans are most famous for letting something through a supposedly impenetrable barrier. That’s like having ‘Titanic’ brand water sealant.

mockingbird
mockingbird

I* have a gift for lurking manospherians:

There’s even a handy-dandy table on Wikipedia** that shows the failure rates of various methods of contraception. Note that there’s a risk of failure even with “perfect use” – even with implanted options. Birth control works differently for different women and some women’s bodies are just really, really working to make a pregnancy happen***.

You have no idea.
No effing idea.

*Actually the CDC. It’s a PDF, though – hence the screenshot.

**I wouldn’t usually include a Wiki link, but it was the most comprehensive that showed up. I’m still side-eyeing those fertility awareness and LAM stats, though.

***I have an aunt who got pregnant with an IUD implanted. The doctors told her that they could either monitor the pregnancy and remove the IUD when they would most likely inevitably have to D&C the pregnancy’s remains or they could remove the IUD and see if the pregnancy would stay viable (“exceedingly unlikely” in their words). She opted for the latter option.
My resulting cousin is currently in his 30s.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

You have no idea.
No effing idea.

QFFT

Re failure rates of even the implanted/inserted rated-most-effective options –

O hai! IUD-user here. I got pregnant with the yes-it-was-properly-inserted IUD in situ. Twice.

Fortunately for me, I live in the UK – and in a part of the UK where your chances are good of getting a decent doctor who does not refuse you treatment or try to put you off. Speaking for myself personally, it was not traumatic/upsetting/bothersome in the least having either abortion (I’m one of the many for whom the only overwhelming feeling afterwards was one of wonderful, wonderful relief and rightness at getting my body and my life back).

(Coincidentally, one of the spawn I had about ten years later works for the NHS now 🙂 )

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

Sorry, as i write from work, i do not have access to the Urban Dictionnary, so is someone could explain me what you mean by “condom baby” ? A baby born because the father had forgot the condom ? Or because the condom had a malfunction ?
Thank you by advance.

Have a nice day.

Matt
Matt

Shorter RoK: “I mean, that’s why our average reader ‘accidentally’ loses a Hot Wheels car in his anus every couple weeks – for the attention…”

kupo
kupo

@occasional reader
A condom baby is a baby conceived while using condoms as a contraceptive method. Since they’re only 98% effective when used correctly, pregnancy is still possible.

kupo
kupo

@mrex
At the time she and her husband were surfing on my couch, so I had potential consequences if she did get pregnant plus I would have had bought her condoms in a heartbeat.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Slutty Miss Havisham Penguin

My oldest brother condom baby, my second oldest brother coil baby, my third oldest brother pill baby, me minipill and breastfeeding baby, my sister pill baby. Wanna say that contraception is 100% effective again fella?

I knew one woman who had three, count them three, tubal ligations. Guess whose family had two more children than she and her husband planned on.

Even sterilisation has failure rates.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

A common joke when I was at school was “I don’t have a birth certificate; I have an apology letter from Durex”, so even as kids we knew that contraception wasn’t necessarily 100% effective.

Dr. NicolaLuna, Epic Slut
Dr. NicolaLuna, Epic Slut

I’ve been pregnant 4 times, 2 I lost to miscarriage, 2 are my awesome sons.

Pregnancy 1 – contraceptive injection
Pregnancy 2 (tom) – the combined pill
Pregnancy 3 (cody) – condom which broke, followed by the morning after pill which didn’t work. I also booked an appointment to discuss abortion as his dad wanted me to but I cancelled it.
Pregnancy 4 – amenorrhoea from breastfeeding and condoms. Non latex condoms seem to break easier.

Earlier this year I got the coil fitted. But MRAs who say that it’s easy can just fuck right off. I had to get it fitted under general anaesthesia because my ptsd is not gonna let me lay on my back with a medical person anywhere between my legs. And it’s made my periods last for 3 weeks and be incredibly painful.

But yep, contraception is super easy and reliable and available. Crappy MRAs

kupo
kupo

I had the long, painful menstruation with depo for the first 6-9 months or so, then no menstruation at all. I hope your coil situation improves quickly, as that’s really difficult to go through.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

My best friend fell pregnant despite being on the pill, using condoms and only having one ovary and half a uterus (after her previous pregnancy went very wrong). True story.

Unrelated bonus misandry: Her husband’s a stay-at-home dad to their now-three kids while she runs her own business. *evil laughter*

Aphrodite
Aphrodite

99% of abortion situations can be avoided, …

This week in: False Statistics Made Up for the Sake of an Internet Argument!

Margaret Pless
Margaret Pless

Did anybody read the RoK link about Roosh’s HIV test? In it, Roosh wrote that getting tested causes so much anxiety for him (because of all the unprotected sex he says he has) that he avoids getting tested for years at a stretch.

I would offer some advice to Roosh: with his lifestyle, he’d be better off getting tested every month than every 9 years, and using PrEP than some “non scientific test to determine if a girl is clean”. The solution to the anxiety he feels about HIV tests is to use some protection, not to skip out on testing.

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

Could you imagine if a well known female blogger said she doesn’t get tested because her lifestyle has her scared of the results?

The amount of slut shaming would be through the damn roof. She’d get rape threats and verbal abuse for years.

Dr. NicolaLuna, Epic Slut
Dr. NicolaLuna, Epic Slut

Thanks. Yeah it sucks.
Spoke to my doctor about it and she said it normally settles down within 6 months.

It does have me a little worried though as I was supposed to have the position of the coil checked in a follow up appointment but the thought of getting it checked made me so anxious that I was too much of a mess to deal with attending the appointment. I’m going to call them next week and see if they can do it under sedation, but I don’t think they will as it’s such a small check. 😕

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

comment image
That’s about the level on which these guys operate. Except not as funny. Beavis: “Ahhhh! The stick turned yellow when I peed on it!”

Starfury
Starfury

These stupid bloody theories about ‘all women are/do xyz’ and ‘all men are/do xyz’ don’t take into consideration that we’re all individuals.

My experiences differ from other people’s individual experiences.
I’ve had 4 surgical abortions under general anesthetic and, personally, had no real negative physical or mental problems from them. I have much lighter periods since the 4th, possibly because of scarring, and I’ve heard it may be more difficult to conceive, which doesn’t bother me (though I do now think it is terrible that I’ve never been INFORMED of that possibility by medical personnel before undertaking any of the procedures, because it means other people also aren’t getting that info and they might need it). I find ‘morning sickness’ unendurable and that has been my main concern regarding accidental conception (that and burdening the NHS with costly operations).

But so many factors contribute, including the fertility of both partners, which can be anyone’s guess unless you specifically find out, it isn’t necessarily even carelessness, let alone intention, that causes pregnancy. In my case I’d say it was probably frequency of contact with sperm; the more often you’re exposed to it the more chance for contraceptive failure (those little margins are a bugger)

I am a really open person and so find it annoying that I don’t feel especially comfortable openly mentioning or discussing my abortion experiences (when relevant to the conversation) with strangers or acquaintances because people sometimes react like an asshole about it (a former housemate threatened to punch me over the subject *rolls eyes*)

Ash
Ash

All this time and now we find out that getting attention is as easy as getting pregnant and having an abortion? Damn!

Argle Bargle (formerly Carr)
Argle Bargle (formerly Carr)

These people and their ”logic”.

– Abortions are bad, stop having abortions! Just don’t get pregnant!
– Okay, don’t ”raw dog” women then. Use a condom.
– But……condoms don’t give me as much pleasure!
– So if a woman gets pregnant and doesn’t want an abortion and wants to keep the baby, you’ll help out? Seeing as you don’t like abortions and single mothers and all.
– NO, THAT’S ENTRAPMENT! I SHOULDN’T BE FORCED TO PROVIDE FOR A CHILD I HELPED CREATE!

What I got from this article (and others like it) is that pregnancy never has anything to do with the man and they shouldn’t be bothered about that pesky issue. At least until they decide they want kids, then all of a sudden it’s their child and the woman should do as she is told.

Kat
Kat

I want to enthusiastically recommend a combination of condoms and spermicide. I have the impression that it’s not a very popular method, but I used it throughout my fertile years. Except for the natural method, it’s the least invasive. Of course, it does require cooperation from both partners. I never had an unintended pregnancy using that combination. Two or three times the condom slipped off, but it worked out okay.

Being an all-natural, 100 percent organic woman, I always wanted to use the natural method. But I would have needed a lot more courage than I possessed to use natural birth control.

Kat
Kat

General Roosh: Fighting the Battle of the Sexes for you and me.

Well, not for me actually.

And not for you certainly.

For, uh, . . .

Kat
Kat

Manospherians must consider their refusal to take seriously any and all feminist criticism — or really, any reasonable criticism — as an act of bold bravery. They’re blazing trails of stubborn irrationality for all the men who follow!

No, we will not wear condoms!

Yes, we will blame the woman for getting pregnant!

It is our right as men to be illogical!

Don’t try to threaten us with your misandry — we make the laws of nature!

occasional reader
occasional reader

> Kupo
Ok, so it is the “malfunction” case. Thank you for the explanation !