men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny

Redditor asks MGTOWs why they’re not talking about their “cool hobbies.” They throw a fit.

Actual MGTOW clubhouse not this cool
Actual MGTOW clubhouse not this cool

So a Redditor goes into the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit.

I realize that sounds a bit like the start of a crappy joke. But it’s true. Earlier today, the guy in question popped into the MGTOW subreddit with a couple of questions.

I came to this subreddit thinking that it would be filled with cool hobbies and adventures (self.MGTOW) submitted 3 hours ago by AwYisBreadCrumbs But it's filled with people talking about women. I thought this sub was for men going their own way? Where's all the cool shit?

Now, I don’t know if AwYisBreadCrumbs is trolling or not, but there are few things you can say to a MGTOW that will offend him more than this seemingly reasonable question.

If these guys really are all enjoying their awesome bachelor lifestyles, unburdened by the demands of marriage and parenthood and all of that, you might expect them to share some of the details with their MGTOW pals: Here I am rock climbing in Colorado. Here I am meeting rescued Orangutans in Borneo. Here’s the backyard roller coaster I built with my own hands. Here’s my podcast about Elvis impersonators. Here’s my model train set. I dunno, something. Anything.

Nope! Oh sure, once in a long while one of the regulars will make a post about his motorcycle. But roughly 99% of the posts in r/MGTOW are complaints about women.

And that’s the way the MGTOWs like it, as they made very clear with their overwhelmingly hostile responses to AwYis’ (possibly) innocent question. Here are some of them:

define cool sh*t. Only a woman needs to ask to be entertained.

s*ck my d*ck

There are already subreddits focusing on whatever it is you want to talk about. MGTOW is about enjoying the decline.

Your post sounds like you are concerned that mgtow have the audacity to talk about women. Gtfo quickly

Take your ass on out

you put expectations on MGTOW. There aren’t any, that’s why we all went this way.

Sorry, dude. There are expectations when it comes to MGTOWs. Anyone who’s ever spent a more than a few minutes watching a MGTOW video, or reading a MGTOW forum, or encountering MGTOWs in any other context quickly learns to expect MGTOWs to be the hyperbolically misogynistic manbabies that they in fact are.

So if you’re looking for cool model train layouts on Reddit, you’re going to have to go to r/modeltrains, where I found this:

Moggie
Moggie

David:

That said, Kate Beaton is awesome! You know her cartoon of the lady bicyclist? (Well, velocipedist.) She did that after seeing the original cartoon here! Whoo!

Ahem! Velocipedestrienne. A word that awesome deserves to be respected.

guest, I remember that London to Brighton film being used as filler on the BBC when I was a kid in the 60s. You know the BBC remakes it every 30 years? It’s a shame they had bad weather for the 2013 run:

I doubt there’ll still be a BBC in 2043, though.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

@PI, i love those videos.

The tiny food ones are so good :3

Moggie
Moggie

As for the post, what I take from it is that I don’t think the MGTOWs like one another very much. In most estabished online communities, the regulars get to know one another enough that many of them want to share stuff which goes beyond the narrow confines of the community’s stated purpose. Cat pics, stories from work, cool projects, health scares, recipes, hobbies… anything you might chat about with meatspace acquaintances. If the miggies don’t do that, instead staying laser-focussed on the hating of the human females, can they really be said to be friends?

I did NOT know that, that was awesome. Too bad the drivers don’t wear those little hats any more 🙁

Moggie
Moggie

Paradoxy, you weren’t kidding about that diner video being soothing! I got a bit of ASMR going on from the sounds.

OMG, cup noodle!

I am inspired!

youthful indescretion
youthful indescretion

@kale Too true. But I think any pretense about Gamergate being about games was over fairly quickly.

Kat
Kat

I read a bunch of JD Salinger when I was a young teen. I loved it all except Catcher in the Rye, which I really didn’t like. Holden was a pain in my ass.

Decades later, I reread some of Salinger’s work. At that point, the Glass family suddenly seemed pretentious and precious. I felt bad about my change of opinion because when I was really young, they were my witty, sophisticated, compassionate literary family.

I also reread Catcher in the Rye. I was shocked that it seemed to have grown on me. I had more patience with a boy who complained nonstop.

youthful indescretion
youthful indescretion
Reply to  Kat

Is it weird that I have never read Catcher in the Rye? It just seems like something I should have read. In fact, I may have never read any JD Salinger. Anyone have an opinion on what I should start with?

peaches
peaches

I rather liked Catcher, but I haven’t read it in a couple decades. I do think that Holden is more than just whiny-I always interpreted the story as being told to his shrink. I don’t know if the ban on prescribing mental illness extends to fictional characters, but he seems to have PTSD to me.

varalys the dark

Off topic, but I got just called a pathetic c*nt on my blog for noting an instance of female on male rape, by someone who claims Thunderfoot was right about feminism. I’ve annoyed my first MRA! Do I win a prize? 😀

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

Wait, what? Wouldn’t MRAs welcome the noting of female-on-male sexual assault?

Eitan rosen
Eitan rosen

I have a feeling that that Mra could not care less for even male rape victims unless he can use them as his shield.

Ookpik617
Ookpik617

The nadir of teenage-angst songs in my book is “Seasons in the Sun” https://youtu.be/cd_Fdly3rX8 (which is a translation of a song whose title I don’t remember, but a Francophone member of the community probably knows).

Loathed Catcher in the Rye, liked The Outsiders.

(I’ve posted here once before, still don’t have a good ‘nym. Thank you for being such an entertaining and smart community; I always enjoy reading. )

varalys the dark

I’m guessing it’s the fact it’s the manly man The Punisher being raped he objects too. I did point out in the post that he is naked, handcuffed to a bed and suffering from a bullet wound when he is mounted by a traumatised woman who just beat someone to death in the same room. But Mr. MRA seems to think sex where the man is in said state and the woman is in tears and blows her brains out shortly into the act is somehow something both parties are enjoying. Which is disturbing now I come to think of it…

varalys the dark

Sorry I realise I didn’t clarify, my blog is devoted to comics, this wasn’t a real person being talked about it was good old Frank Castle.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

@varalys: I’ve seen lots of women in the Deadpool fandom get the same treatment when we bring up the fact that he was raped by Typhoid Mary (and also suffers from a long history of sexual abuse. TW for obvious reasons.).

Apparently it doesn’t count that he was drunk and upset and she disguised herself as Syren, who Deadpool was in love with at the time and who he actually wanted to be with.

Nope, not rape because Manly Men like Deadpool can’t be raped. And Typhoid Mary is an HB10, so of course he would have wanted to bang her!

But feminists don’t care about male rape victims, apparently.

varalys the dark

I didn’t know that about Deadpool thanks for the link, I shall peruse it tommorrow when I am less tired. I’m more of a DC gal, although I like some Marvel stuff like the aforementioned Punisher MAX series. But yeah, you just can’t win it seems. I did shamefully wonder if it constituted rape at first in the instance cited, then I realised if I reversed the genders I’d be screaming rape from the rafters so I realised that was indeed what was happening. Oh well.

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

@varalys
Mr Thunderdrone would probably blow a gasket if he knew about Batman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, etc.

youthful indescretion
youthful indescretion

Re my last comment, l I have just remembered that I have read The Outsiders, years ago, and liked it. That’s my memory for you!

@paradoxical intention That sounds like exactly the kind of thing MRAs would claim feminists ignore while they, themselves, ignore it.

Handsome "These Pretzels Suck" Jack (formerly Pandapool)

I actually enjoyed CitR. I sympathized with Holden, but maybe that’s just because I’m always surrounded by mentally ill teens… well, and because I am one.

Yeah, Holden defintiely had some sort of depression/PTSD and that’s why the book really clicked with me, especially since I’ve been suicidal from a young age. I empathized with him because I, too, would get angry for no reason, suddenly just become apathetic to things–I thought it was just plan teen angst back when I was a kid, so I trivilised my own feelings because I didn’t want to be a whiny kid. Probably shouldn’t have done that.

Handsome "These Pretzels Suck" Jack (formerly Pandapool)

Oh, and another thing people tend to forget when they call Holden Caulfield “whiny” is the fact he saw one of his classmates commit suicide. Dude jumped out the window of the building, which is one reason why Holden wants to protect little kids from swear words and their innocent stolen from them.

BritterSweet

I didn’t read Catcher in the Rye, but I did read The Outsiders in middle school. Since it was required reading, I was more invested in trying to finish skimming the chapter and being done with homework in time for bed than on trying to absorb the themes, so I just forgot everything about it. Same for The Chocolate War.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

“”Seasons in the Sun” is an English-language adaptation of the song “Le Moribond” by Belgian singer-songwriter Jacques Brel with lyrics by American singer-poet Rod McKuen.” I share David’s opinion of the song.

McKuen was for a short time the world’s most popular “poet” with his best-selling books like “Listen to the Warm” — a title which sums up his whole shtick as a poet. His books are said to have sold 60 million copies worldwide.

He had one minor hit novelty song, “The Oliver Twist”, which came out during the Twist dance fad in the 60s. One line has stuck in my mind: “He raises the dickens, with them chickens”.

Salinger’s output was rather slim. “He followed Catcher with a short story collection, Nine Stories (1953); a volume containing a novella and a short story, Franny and Zooey (1961); and a volume containing two novellas, Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour: An Introduction (1963). [All these were rather slender volumes.] His last published work, a novella entitled “Hapworth 16, 1924″, appeared in The New Yorker on June 19, 1965.” Much of his writing involved members of a fictional family, the Glass family, which included Franny, Zooey, and Seymour. Then he stopped writing and became a recluse in Cornish, NH until his death at the age of 90, 45 years after his last published work.

I always felt that he deserved a certain respect for the fact that when he apparently ran out of things to say, he stopped publishing.

weirwoodtreehugger

I read both the Outsiders and Catcher in the Rye at middle school age. The former for school, the latter on my own. IIRC.

I don’t remember them too well. Same goes for 1984 which I read at about the same age. I should revisit them all sometime.

varalys the dark

@Paradoxical Intention, I read the link you provided and good lord that’s some dark stuff for a “comedy” character. I’ve never known where to begin with Deadpool, cos there is so mcuh stuff with him out there, but I’ve put that MAX series on my “to buy” list now. Thanks 🙂

I’ve never read Catcher In the Rye, it wasn’t part of our secondary school syllabus here in the UK at least in the late 80’s-90’s.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

varalys the dark | May 6, 2016 at 12:02 am

On that blog I linked, I think there’s a “beginner’s guide” so to speak in their FAQ.

And yeah, Deadpool’s way darker than most people give him credit for. And a lot of people pass off a lot of his queerness (he’s pansexual) off as “just a joke” and then no one takes his sexuality seriously when he hits on Captain America Thor Cable Spiderman because “He’s crazy, and he’s just joking around to get under people’s skin!”

Most of the girlfriends he’s been with have had bad ends in some form or another.

The girlfriend he has in the movie ends up being on-and-off with him, and she eventually becomes the mutant Copycat, who is later brutally murdered by Sabertooth, who scrawls “Sabertooth was here” on the wall in her blood.

And then there’s the relationships that just don’t work out in his favor, and then there’s his relationship with Death (who is genderfluid in the Marvel universe) who he can’t be with because another one of Death’s admirers cursed him with immortality (which I think was recently removed in canon, so I don’t know what’s going to happen with that).

Seriously, there’s quite a bit of Deadpool Discourse to be had. Especially when we get into the things that most fanboys ignore.

‘Course, I could just say that I love him so much because I see a lot of myself in him. The childhood abuse, the fucked up skin (mine’s not nearly as bad as his, but I have tinea versicolor), the rape survival, the pansexuality…

He helps me cope.

mrex
mrex

So, a few weeks ago, in a fit of angry-at-the-men pique, I decided to hunt down any WGTOW resources I could find. There is a WGTOW reddit, but it’s dead, and of late overrun with whiney MGTOWs. The fact that MGTOWs *ever* engagage with WGTOWs, or discuss them *ever* on their forums, just fucking shows what bullshit-filled blowhards they are.

MGTOW-Men Gonna Talk Over Women. The dick knows best!

mrex
mrex
varalys the dark

@Paradoxical Intention, I shall definitely look further into Deadpool now. I did want to include more Marvel stuff on my blog this year. And with the DC Rebirth cancelling every single one of the series I have been following, it’s probably a good time to check him out.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ moggie

Do you also remember “Here comes the night mail, crossing the border…”?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ David

Here’s an article from the Grauniad that ties in with a TV programme that Grayson Perry is making about masculinity. Don’t know if it’s anything you can use here.

Moggie
Moggie

I do remember Night Mail! The GPO Film Unit was surprisingly good, in its day, and there was a lot more to that film than the simple “this is what we do for you” which might have been expected.

As a kid, I discovered a copy of the Auden poem, written in my father’s handwriting. That was a big surprise. A taciturn and not very bright man, he had never shown me any interest in art. That he had apparently cared enough about Night Mail to write down the poem hinted at an inner life which I had never suspected, and made me realise that I knew less about my parents than I had thought. They’re both gone now, and I still can’t shake the feeling that I never really knew them.

Hu's On First
Hu's On First

Speaking of Reddit, we now have proof of Godwin’s law: 78% of the most active Reddit threads mention Hitler.

Dalillama

@Paradoxy

mine’s not nearly as bad as his, but I have tinea versicolor)mine’s not nearly as bad as his, but I have tinea versicolor)

Oh hey, me too; solidarity.

Chris
Chris

I consider myself Mgtow after being separated for 2 years. I’m not bitter but it’s a smart move for me, I found alot more time for my hobbies now than ever.
I’ve bought some expensive rc helicopters and still need alot of practice flying, so haven’t used my collective pitch mode yet. I’ve been playing guitar for 30 years and have 2 very nice Ibanez guitars, one being a baritone for playing really heavy stuff like Crowbar. I collect anything to do with the hellraiser series, puzzle boxes, etc. Used to compete in muay thai but now just getting into Iaido, and I attend my lodge meetings (IOOF).
adopted a little black cat who is quite the character. Other than that I work alot, get some overtime. Bought a new car and like to explore different places on the weekend. I don’t hate women, not all Mgtow are bitter misogynistic types. I am happy where I am now. I just don’t want the hassle anymore. I kind of feel like a big kid again, but with no curfew. And oh yeah, love my absinthe, especially after a day of work and being off call.

Steven Dutch
Steven Dutch

How does Trainlap stay on the rails with such an uneven, rock-strewn roadbed? Seriously, I had derailments all the time when my layout was nailed to plywood.

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

What’s up with all the necro posts, dude?

Paradoxical Intention: Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Not only what’s up with the necroing, but why with such rando shit?

Are you talking about model trains? If you want to ask questions about the video, why don’t you comment on the video, Steven? Why the fuck are you asking in the comments section of a feminist blog, Steven?

ThePhilosoph