antifeminism homophobia men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny return of kings transphobia

Return of Kings: Society is so anti-male that more and more men are becoming women

Life is tough for men these days, what with feminism, and the bats.
Life is tough for men these days, what with feminism, and of course the bats.

NOTE: This page was giving people security warnings related to a scammy site apparently trying to trick people into thinking that it’s Upworthy. I thought the problem came from the ads, but in fact it came from a graphics link in the comments. I’ve removed the URL and removed the name of the site from people’s comments in case that sets off the security alerts as well. THE SECURITY ALERTS SHOULD NOW BE GONE.

On Roosh V’s internet garbage site Return of Kings, contributor Corey Savage offers his thoughts on our allegedly dystopian, feminism-infected Western world, which is apparently so terribly, terribly anti-male that, as he sees it, men are just plain giving up and becoming women.

When feminists, government, and the entire culture is harping for female empowerment at the expense of men, the result should be obvious: the systematic emasculation of men at all ages. Today, men are starting to talk like women, more men are turning homosexual, and more of them are changing sex. For the wimps, when it’s too difficult to be a man, it’s far easier to just abandon ship.

Corey, to borrow a phrase from that woman in the Esurance commercial, that’s not how any of this works.

tesformes
tesformes

It’s a good thing trans men don’t exist, or this guy would end up looking kinda silly.

Judas Peckerwood

Can’t argue with that kind of highly scientificish logic.

weirwoodtreehugger

Because it’s such a privilege to be arrested for using the bathroom. Why wouldn’t any man want to become a trans woman!?

Is there anyone further up their own asses than a rotk writer?

Lea
Lea

Can you imagine bemoaning such a wonderful thing? More and more people feel safe enough to come out of the closet and this guy thinks that is a bad thing? He also thinks it is easier to be a cis man than a trans woman? What a twisted worldview.

MexicanHotChocolate
MexicanHotChocolate

Cause it’s so easy being transgender in our society. It’s not like transgender people struggle with their decision or anything. It’s not like state legislatures have been pushing anti-trans bathroom bills or anything. It’s not like trans folks are ever murdered just for being trans. No, none of that ever happens.

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

Eat irrelevancy in your own niche hate Roosh.

ScarlettAthena
ScarlettAthena

dittoing tesformes… good thing that there are no trans men. Nope. Only trans women.

Also apparently no lesbians since it seems only men are “turning homosexual”, whatever that means.

And no pansexuals or bisexuals and so on.

Gee it’s like your sexual identity and orientation have nothing to do with whatever idiotic idea Corey Savage is trying to promote here.

mockingbird
mockingbird

It keeps comeing back to these guys thinking of everything as a zero sum proposition.

If women are empowered it must be at the expense of men. We can only rise by crushing others.

If someone says “Black Lives Matter”, they mean “only black lives matter” or “black lives matter more than everyone else’s”…not “black lives matter, too“.

I’ll say it again: What a sad way to look at life.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Savage’s hypothesis that trans women are actually men who have given up on being men because it’s just toooooo haaaaard 😢 😢 😢 can be easily disproven by actually reading or listening to a single thing any trans woman has ever had to say about her own experience. But why do that, when you can pull complete nonsense out of your ass instead?

rick
rick

Just another reminder that the he stupidity and ignorance of Return of Kings is still cranked up to 11.

rick
rick

Just another reminder that the stupidity and ignorance of Return of Kings is still cranked up to 11.

sevenofmine
sevenofmine

I’m sure trans women would love to hear more from this guy about how much easier things have been for them since transitioning.

Karalora
Karalora

Emphasis mine, because isn’t this just precious? He simultaneously bemoans the society that supposedly makes it SOOOOOO HAAAAARRRRD to live as a man, and decries as “wimps” all the men that he imagines are coping with this hardship by becoming more feminine.

Dude, make up your mind. Are you fer ’em or agin ’em?

Sam Victors

Did Roosh V ever read history? the concepts and dictionary definitions of manhood/masculinity change over time (such as in the Ancient times, it was considered manly for men to be bisexual).

The problem is with MRMs and guys like Roosh is that they have a narrow definition of manhood; that is men must be physically aggressive, sexually eager, and emotionally repressive (correct me if I’m wrong but that’s all I’m getting from their messages and rants).

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

MexicanHotChocolate | April 28, 2016 at 12:36 pm

And it’s not like kids are ever thrown out of the house by their families for being trans, or sent to “Conversion Therapy”, or told they’re going to hell constantly, or stay in the closet until they’re adults because they’re afraid of how their family will treat them.

And it’s certainly not like trans kids ever commit suicide.

[/heavy sarcasm]

Viscaria | April 28, 2016 at 1:12 pm

Why would he listen to trans women?

He thinks they’re all just “sick in the head”*, so to him, it would be like listening to the “ravings of a lunatic”.

So, he’s covering his own ass here. He thinks that men are becoming women because it’s “easier”, but also thinks that men who are becoming women are “sick in the head”, so he doesn’t have to listen to their actual reasons for transitioning. He can just make up whatever reason he likes because he’s a “rational male”, and trans women are just “mentally ill deviants”.

It’s two birds with one very dull stone.

*I put this stuff in quotes because I’m kind of quoting all of RoK, not because it’s an actual quote from Savage, AFAIK. But hey, if he’s posting on RoK with this kind of dreck, no doubt he believes it to be true.

pitshade
pitshade

As much as I love bats, my favorite Men’s Life cover is the turtles. Neither animal is actually aggressive, but at least bats swarming around a man’s head is sort of believable. Swarms of leaping turtles just push it over the top.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I see. So manhood is a frat house. In order to get in, you have to survive all these terrible feminist hazing rituals and government-sponsored hardships. You have to suffer through movies where women have leadership roles…you have to withstand the painful ordeal of getting consent…you have to swim against a surging tide of pink misandry….

Or you could just, y’know, not be a douchesprinkler. I’m picturing this guy flailing in a puddle, screaming “WIMPS!!!” at all the people who are stepping around it.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ pitshade

turtles. Neither animal is actually aggressive

Oh I dunno, give them nunchucks and they can really kick off.

Zatar
Zatar

He sure is mad about society coming to the point were people with different gender identity’s, sexuality’s or indeed views of what being a man means them than him are allowed to exist.

Thiazin red
Thiazin red

Because if anyone lives on easy street with no problems, its transwomen./s

@ Pitshade

My favorite is the weasels, for two reasons. Number one, they’re all swarming our manly hero in a river for some reason. Two, our manly hero is clearly about to use one of the weasels as a club to hit the other weasels.

Bina

Literally NO trans woman I know ever transitioned because it was too much work being a “Real Man”. Literally NONE. On the contrary, their lives would have been easier from all angles if they’d just stuck to being good old-fashioned macho cis-men, like Roosh & Co. (and their TERF co-religionists) intended.

On the other hand, I know a trans man who would probably love to have some words with this dude if he ever ran into him, running his fool mouth on the street. Loud words. And none too polite.

Also, literally NO gay man I know is “emasculated”; far from it, they are probably more sexually active than this idiot is. And very, VERY happy with it.

Joel
Joel

Yeah sure buddy. My stepdaughter is trans because she’s a wimp? I can flay out guarantee you that she’s far a far stronger person than you’ll ever be.

pitshade
pitshade

Alan, Thiazin, you both made good points and I went to look at galleries of some of the magazine covers and discovered that either these magazines were written by time traveling MGTOWs (MGBITTGTOW) or else Society has been decaying for much longer than we previously suspected.

[link broken by df]
listverse.com/2011/12/04/top-ten-mans-life-magazine-covers/

“Can Women Justify Their Need For Extra Marital Relations?” (weasels)

“They Stopped $ex” “Some Dames Are Murder” (bats)

“Kill the Draft Now” “Wild Vacationing Wives Are Ruining Palm Beach” (crabs)

“I Wouldn’t Marry An American Woman” (rats)

“The American Male Is Losing His Manhood” (puma) Bonus: “Shove the Butt Down His Throat”

“Love Starved Women Are Lousing Up College Towns” (lice, sorry spiders)

“I Don’t Want My Daughter To Marry An American” (spider monkeys)

Skiriki
Skiriki

pitshade: I’ve been told that snappers are quite aggressive type of turtle and you don’t want to share a body of water with them.

Why, even Chuck Berry sung about them!

Kat
Kat

Oooh, another Roosh colleague who — like his mentor, King Roosh — sits down at his computer, whips out his feelz, and lets those feelz do the typing.

Serendipity: Someone on the radio right now is talking about “nonrigorous thinkers.” Nice way to put it!

Mish
Mish

Just a couple of days ago I was reading about a particularly toxic offering from one of Australia’s “top opinion columnists” (!!) which makes pretty much the same argument.

[link removed, just in case]

Sorry if I’ve mucked up the link; actually, not entirely sorry, because you do not want to read this. I only approach it via my favourite Aust. politics blog. I’d prefer to give it the ‘do not link’ treatment but I’m in a hurry.

Not sure what’s worse: the transphobia or the anti-feminism or the … nope, it’s the whole thing. Even the full stops are horrible here. She’s on a roll with this rant, too; a couple of columns on the same theme.

It’s a long weekend here! Hooray. Enjoy your day, everyone 🙂

Eyes on the Right

OT, but Milo Yiannopoulos, Christina Hoff Sommers, and Steven Crowder gave a talk at the University of Massachusetts. Milo made the statement that “feminism is cancer” and was yelled at by a female college student in attendance. Now it seems they and their followers have taken to mocking her for her weight and physical appearance (they’re using a portmanteau of “triggered” and the Pokemon Jigglypuff), digging up her personal details, etc. The denizens of /pol/ are talking about goading her into harming herself.

Sorry guys, needed to say that somewhere since I’m too livid to make a post about it myself but even Christina Hoff Sommers is using the hashtag and you know she should know better than that.

Oh and the guys at RoK are transphobic douchecanoes. I felt like I needed to add something to the discussion at hand.

Mish
Mish

@Eyes on the Right – jebus, that’s terrible, scumworthy behaviour. And I agree about Sommers: much as I dislike her views, I’m surprised that she’d stoop to this kind of crap.

Mrs. B
Mrs. B

@pitshade, my favorite Man’s Life cover is the one where David Bowie is fighting weasles.

(Yes, I know it’s not actually him, but that’s who the man looks like to me. I’m still mourning DB’s death, though. My judgement may be clouded just a wee bit.)

ETA: Thiazin red has impeccable taste, also.

SCH
SCH

“empowerment at the expense of men”

One of the top mentalities (among plenty of others) that rather irks me. As if there is a magic balance scale that causes one group (e.g. “men”) to lose if another group gains; have to keep other groups down to ensure that they don’t lose any weight on the scale.

P.S. Bats are perfect actually, they have good reason to get upset over bats as some species are supposedly one of the only known non-ape animals that menstruate like human women (them and the elephant shrew), therefor inherently evil like us. Look at that bat blood all over that guy, eradicating his masculinity.

Ash
Ash

But I thought all these women were trying to be men? I’m so confused.

Bonus: “Shove the Butt Down His Throat”

Okay, that I need an explanation for.

Pandapool -- The Species that Endangers YOU (aka Jackie; currently using they/their, he/his pronouns)

Okay, that I need an explanation for.

If you’re not joking, I’m guess it’s the butt of a gun.

Redsilkphoenix
Redsilkphoenix

Bonus: “Shove the Butt Down His Throat”

Okay, that I need an explanation for.

A cigarette butt, maybe? Or possibly a gun butt? Anything else I find a bit hard to imagine doing easily. If at all.

Chiomara
Chiomara

Wait. Are there trans women other than Caitlin Jenner?

Even a gun butt seems challenging.

Chiomara
Chiomara

Bonus: “Shove the Butt Down His Throat”

Okay, that I need an explanation for.

Well… I suppose it can be done… If one lays down… In a high pillow… The other squats and… Well, folks, each one with their kinks. No judgements.

MissEB47
MissEB47

“Female empowerment at the expense of men” What?! Isn’t that what men have been doing for millenia? Trampling on women to make them selves feel ‘superior’. Yet more proof that these men are afraid of women doing to men what men have been doing to women.

Ray of Rays
Ray of Rays

@Eyes on the Right

Surprised they even know what cancer is. If their medical knowledge matched their gender politics, they’d be ranting about feminism being an imbalance of ill humours. Not to mention they’re about as necessary and pleasant as bloodletting, themselves.

LindsayIrene

Wait. Are there trans women other than Caitlin Jenner?

There are, but it is required by law that every news article and video segment that deals with a transgender person must mention Caitlin. I mean, how are we the public supposed to understand a story if there’s no Kardashians or Jenners in it?

Snowberry
Snowberry

Various reactions:

The photo makes him (metaphorically) look like King Kong. Or a Kaijuu. Kind of appropriate, really – if such a thing were to happen (it wouldn’t) he’d be the antagonist monster from the bats’ points of view. But from his, all he was doing was humaning about.

It’s not that more people are becoming those things, it’s that fewer people are hiding them or committing suicide over them. Preaching to the choir, I know.

There is a tiny kernal of truth in there – transwomen find it really hard to be men, because they’re actually not men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that they’ll find transition easier, of course. It also doesn’t make any of that nonsense correct.

——

This all reminds me of some weird attitudes my brother displays – he seems to have a sort of “You are what I think you look like, or all is not right with the world” mentality. So he’ll try really hard to convince a really tall man to be a basketball player, or an attractive woman to be a stripper, or someone with broad shoulders to be a lawyer or business executive, etc. It’s not always stereotypical – he does have some strange ideas what people “should” look like.

Sometimes it goes the other way – he’ll try to convince someone to change their hairstyle or grooming habits or clothing or whatever to better fit his idea of whatever they are. For example, the one time I dated another woman he started badgering me to get a shorter, more boyish haircut and took it as a personal offense when I refused. It gets really tedious. So I wonder if “trying to force people into boxes based on appearance because I don’t take well to not knowing everything about someone at a glance” is a major building block of bigotry.

TheLurker
TheLurker

@Sam Victors

Apparently dudebros love Greek philosophy because it tells “the truth about women” which is that we’re all shallow, sub-human beings only good for making babies. But anything outside of their narrow worldview is ignored for obvious reasons

Snowberry
Snowberry

Errr… what?!

Apparently “rapist” is an anti-male slur now or something.

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

@Eyes on the right
I sincerely hope she gets help from the university and Crash Override. She doesn’t have to go through this alone, but more importantly she shouldn’t have to suffer from hateful hypocrites like this.

Ellesar
Ellesar

I have never really understood why people who are so wedded to the idea of biological gender being the only thing that counts when defining gender claiming that a gay man is not, or is less, than a man. Surely if he has all the biological characteristics of a male his orientation is irrelevant?!

Or am I just being too too logical?!

occasional reader
occasional reader

Swarms of leaping turtles just push it over the top.

Come on, they even made a video game of that. With a plumber.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ thiazin

use one of the weasels as a club to hit the other weasels.

I abhor cruelty to animals, but that image/phrase really makes me giggle.

calmdown
calmdown

Pokemon Jigglypuff

I’m sure I’m not the first to mention it, but I feel deep sorrow for all the innocent VG characters being dragged into stupid memes for various online harassment campaigns 🙁

@Ellesar

As far as I can see, the MRA definition of “Real Man” and “Real Woman” are both such narrow definitions they exclude %95 of humanity. So, I guess it doesn’t really matter? Except it does to them, for some reason? I don’t know.

Snowberry
Snowberry

Real Men are the ones who are so emotional and illogical that they think they’re paragons of logic and unemotion. Real Women are those who subsume their emotions into Real Men’s needs, making them functionally logical within an illogically emotional framework, but referred to as “emotional” by Real Men. I think.

pitshade
pitshade

Re: butt shoving

I threw that in there because at face value it’s ridiculous but I’m going to agree with Pandapool and assume that it is an adventure story and someone gets a rifle butt to the mouth. My guess is that it’s a commie or maybe a wombat.