$MONEY$ cuck cultural marxism entitled babies evil black women evil ugly women ironic nazis irony alert literal nazis misogynoir racism

Harriet Tubman $20 bill not going over well with Trump fans, other garbage humans

Get used to this face, Trump fans; you'll be seeing a lot of it
Get used to this face, Trump fans; you’ll be seeing a lot of it

It’s too bad the US Treasury threw a big wet blanket on Trump fans’ celebrations of the Great Orange Hope’s big New York Primary victory yesterday.

Did I say “too bad?” I meant “ah hahaha ha ha ha.”

Anyway, on Twitter the people you would imagine would be most upset by the Harriet Tubman $20 bill are, well, the most upset.

Apparently libertys sees “freeing slaves” as some sort of crime against humanity. But sees actual crimes against humanity as something worth celebrating.

And then there were those who pulled out the n-word. No, not that n-word. This one:

Don’t worry. There were plenty of people who used the regular n-word as well.

If after all this you want to be reminded just how completely badass Tubman really was, here’s her story, as recounted by a very drunk person.

Simon
Simon

Maybe they’ll put you on the $10 bill, David.

Tovius
Tovius

Jackson gave Indians a new home.

God, how blind do you have to be to make a statement like that?

Terrabeau
Terrabeau

Harriet Tubman was a terrorist? I wonder what these guys think of genocidal war criminals, such as Andrew Jackson.

my nigga Adolf Hitler

Never mind, I should stop wondering.

dreemr
dreemr

I wondered what their reaction was going to be. And of course, they didn’t disappoint.

It does perk me up a bit to think they’ll have to see Harriet Tubman constantly whenever they use a $20.

Also: celebrations of womens’ suffrage and of another woman of color (singer) on other bill denominations! It’s a good day!

dlouwe
dlouwe

hey all I know is she stole property.

Unironically calling slaves “property.” I really can’t think of anything to add to that.

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

I did the happy dance today when I saw that Tubman is going to go on the $20.

The racists can keep whining. Their tears are delicious.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Replace Harriet Tubman on the 20 with Donald Trump. No one wants money with a [racial slur] on it.

I look forward to this individual and all the other racists boycotting the $20 bill starting mid-2020s when the Jackson bills become an endangered species.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

hey all I know is she stole property. Jackson gave Indians a new home. Tubman was a criminal

comment image

Words cannot fucking express how awful, willfully ignorant, and absolutely fucking shitty these people are.

Like, they make me feel bad for literal feces for comparing these people to them. Poop is just a natural part of life. These repugnant views are not, nor should they be.

Bina

Femnism, soacialism and afffirmative action.

“All against God”, but shitty spelling and poor comprehension of the concept A-okay!

hey all I know is she stole property.

Everything you “know” is wrong. That “property” was human, and she rescued them from slavery.

Jackson gave Indians a new home.

You mean he forced them to move so that white people could steal their land. And many of them died along the way.

But I guess crimes against humans of other colors don’t count with you, eh?

Harriet Tubman was a criminal that broke the law over and over again without remorse

Bad laws were made to be broken. And freeing enslaved people is a thing to be proud of, not sorry for.

Andrew Jackson has done far more for our country than Harriet Tubman (whom I’ve never heard of until today).

Wow, look who slept through high school history. And just think, this is a typical representative of the Master Race.

White women have done more for this nation than black women, but the mentally ill left & jewish parasites want to cater to the savages.

Wow. Nobody show this moron the plantations, he’ll never believe that they were built on the backs of slaves!

Harriet Tubman was an early
American Terrorist assisting
Runaway Slaves using Underground Railroad They were not doing
Anything goodForUSA

This poem
sucks royally
0/10
ToHellWithYou

Replace Harriet Tubman on the 20 with Donald Trump. No one wants money with a monkey on it.

No one wants a mangy old orangutan on their $20, either.

Tony

Geez, who knew there were this many descendants of the Confederacy.
It’s almost amusing that these pissants are complaining more about Harriet Tubman’s opposition to human beings being owned than about human beings being owned.

They can rest somewhat easy though, since Jackson will be on the back of the bill. So the pro-genocide, racist shitpiston will still be on the $20.

RosieLa
RosieLa

my nigga Adolf Hitler

…. I don’t think that word means what you think it means, honey-cheeks.

Nequam
Nequam

Expect a bunch of defaced $20s in the future.

pitshade
pitshade

Just got a text that said “Re: Harriet Tubman, make sure you stay hydrated today. Gonna be a lot of salty crackers on Twitter.”

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

o_o

Th… whah…

The Trail of Tears was “giving the Indians a new home”?

I – is this the state of history education in the Southern US? Or is this just blind racism?

Goodness. That one hit me a lot harder than I was expecting. That … I have no words for that.

Bbz
Bbz

Never heard of Tubman and broadcasting the fact. Go look her up, you ignorant fool.

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

Drew Leonard never heard of Tubman? I learned about her in elementary school.

Lea
Lea

Jesus wept.

kale
kale

I CANT FUCKING EVEN WITH CALLING HUMANS PROPERTY IN 2016 EXCUSE ME WHILE I INCHOERENT RAGE

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@ Bina

No one wants a mangy old orangutan on their $20, either.

I’d be entertained to see the Librarian on the $20 but since he’s neither dead nor an American, I shall have to live in disappointment.

(Okay, yes, he’s also fictional. I’m grasping at ways to regain my faith in humanity here, and Pratchett does that for me.)

peaches
peaches

@scildfreya, as a bona-fide Southern person, I can tell you the state of history is is bad. But I do remember her being mentioned. (I was also taught that the Civil War was about ‘economics’, rather than slavery, but they managed not to pretend it was a good thing.)

As for the unhappy Twitter humans, I never say that I’ve seen it all. But a few of those…whoa.

Number Sequence
Number Sequence

First time I get one of these new $20s, I’m putting it on my wall. It’ll be my racist shitbag litmus test for anyone who visits me.

Lkeke35
Lkeke35

Well, they can all feel free to send me their unwanted twenties. I will very happily take them off their hands! They will never have to look at another ten or twenty dollar bill again…

Oh, that’s right, they probably haven’t seen them anyway, as its difficult to believe anyone would employ them.

@Number:
I’m framing my first one, too. Just because!

Ben
Ben

Of course these scum, who fantasize about not paying their taxes and about taking up arms to fight a race war, suddenly develop an immense and ineluctable respect for the letter of the law whenever a person of color breaks it. It doesn’t matter if the law is as unjust as one treating human beings as objects to be bought, sold, worked, and killed: the law’s the law… for non-whites and non-cismen.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

How often will we use cash by the time the new twenty is out?

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Every time they go to the ATM: Harriet Tubman! Harriet Tubman! Harriet Tubman!

The Trail of Tears was about “giving Indians a new home” in the same way that Hiroshima was about urban renewal. These people. I can’t.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

How often will we use cash by the time the new twenty is out?

Always carry cash. Sometimes nothing suffices except cash. To whatever degree your relative affluence allows, keep some cash with you.

Sissy
Sissy

Normally, I’d just wonder what got so many racists into a frothing rage over a woman who was a major part of the Underground Railroad.

Today?

*pops popcorn, shares it with Mammothers*

I’m too busy enjoying the fact that someone like Harriet Tubman is replacing a president who was the driving force behind the Trail of Tears.

And as a woman of color myself, I’d have to say that it’s just WONDERFUL to see those racist goobers lose their SHIT.

*sips tea*

Good stuff, good stuff.

Pandapool -- The Species that Endangers YOU (aka Jackie; currently using they/their, he/his pronouns)

It must be Super Racist Edgelord Wednesday, because fucking hell.

comment image

What NEXT horribly racist trash is David going to feature on the site today?

numerobis
numerobis

Policy of Madness’ policy is definitely a good one for now; in 15 years things might have changed.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I’m also in favor of this change because as the years go by, Andrew Jackson has been gradually moving closer and closer to climbing out through the $20 bill and throttling us in our sleep.

invivoMark
invivoMark

“The mentally ill left?” Where did they go?

Sorry, I’ll be making my (heh) egress now.

Saphira
Saphira

I agree. I would really enjoy using currency with the Librarians face on it. I found a good picture to use, too.
comment image

As for the human detritus expressing their racist views on Harriet Tubman, I’m not going to say much other than they make me sick to my stomach.

Snowberry
Snowberry

I never much liked history lessons. For me it seemed mostly to be about about awful people being as awful as possible, with a few bright spots here and there. And your grade seemed to be dependent on how well you could spin it into normal humans just doing human stuff. Also regurgitating dates. I don’t know if it was the same everywhere, but I blame the school system for many of the f’ed up attitudes that some people have for each other.

My thoughts were: funny, I don’t remember her being like [the fictionalized version of] Robin Hood… Oh. Oh. Also, thank you very much for reminding me of the Trail of Tears, one of the few parts of history that I really wish I could forget. Bastards.

(I tried to come up with a more creative insult than “bastards”, but the only thing I could think of was “a pit of scorpions does not deserve you falling into it” which just seems kind of weird and inappropriate.)

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

idk what you idiots think 4/20 is but all I know is that my n**** Adolf Hitler was born today

Channeling Jim Colerick

Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur
Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur

Finally, getting rid of that douchebag president (who ironically hated paper money) on our $20 bills.

I also recall that one of the other women they wanted on the $20 bill was Rosa Parks.

Likewise, if I recall correctly, you can find Charles Darwin on printed notes in England. Can we put a scientist on our money and get rid of the “In God We Trust”? “E Pluribus Unum” is just so much stronger of a phrase to go by.

Kat
Kat

I tried to make a bet with my boyfriend that Harriet Tubman would be a hot topic today on WHTM. He refused to take that bet.

These guys who fancy themselves the Lords of Shit are trying to amuse each other with what they consider to be bons mots. Of course, anyone who considers these weak-sauce “jokes” funny is a jerk.

I’m waiting for “2 out of 10–would not bang.” Don’t disappoint me, guys.

Every time the haters spew hatred, I know that social justice has made another gain!

Skiriki
Skiriki

Uhh, isn’t the plan to keep Jackson on one side of the bill and Harriet Tubman on the other? At least that’s what the internets said couple of hours ago?

I, personally, would find that idea NOT OKAY. Boot that genocidal POS and let Harriet have it all.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

You know whose birthday it is today that I’d rather celebrate?

George Mo-fuckin’ Takei

peaches
peaches

One of the great things about being a supermarket cashier is the conversations you can gave. I remember one lady who was from Andrew Jackson’s state. She referred to him as “Our first redneck President”, so I assumed she was not a fan.

JoeB
JoeB

He would too, while the body count of his policies is horrendous, those by his own hand is certainly deep into double digits given his military service and love of dueling.

P.S. a tangent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSSn3NddwFQ

Dreamer
Dreamer

I’m so excited! Tubman was one of my heroes as a kid despite her only getting a line in my history book. I went to the library and read more! So excited!

Tessa
Tessa

When I saw this, I joked in my head that someone was going to say she was “breaking the law” in a smarmy “two wrongs…” kinda way, but I didn’t think anybody would actually do it! But wow. I guess I should never underestimate (or would it be overestimating in this case?) the racists.

Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur
Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur

Oh yeah, regarding my earlier post, here’s a 10 pound bank note from Britain with the most notorious bearded man on it…

Come on America, let’s get a scientist on our money!

Souriquois

You’d think right-wingers would be happy about this. They’re replacing a Democrat with a gun-toting Republican.

*shrugs*

Kat
Kat

Things I did not learn in elementary school, middle school, or high school:

I did not learn about Harriet Tubman. I learned about her because feminists wrote about her.

I did not learn about the Trail of Tears–although it’s possible that I learned about the event without learning what the Indians called it. The Johnny Cash album Bitter Tears taught me more about the heartbreaking history of Native Americans than I learned in my American school.

Nor did I learn about the 1892 Homestead Steel strike, a major event in the history of US labor. Homestead was about 5 miles from my house. The titans of steel shut down that strike. Later, different titans of steel moved the entire industry to Japan, leaving many people–whose families had worked for generations in those mills–without jobs.

What else didn’t I learn? I kid you not–World War I. We were told that it was too complex. Something told me even then that the titans of steel didn’t want us to know about the role of big capital in that war. Later, I found out that the rate of desertion was relatively high among German solders toward the end. And some French soldiers actually mutinied. Something else to keep from us!

masque d'étoiles
masque d'étoiles

I usually can find some wry humor in the chaotic intersection of narcissism, petulance, willful ignorance, and miseducation that characterizes the manospheric/Trumpospheric worldview.

But not today. Not in this post at least. The degree of viciousness displayed above just hurts my heart. I honestly am ashamed to share citizenship, not to mention a genome, with beings who could think and write with such dehumanizing, proud cruelty about their country’s enthusiastic participation in the enslavement and genocide of millions.

Aerinea
Aerinea

That Drunk History clip was awesome. I need to watch more of that.

LindsayIrene

There was much horribleness here, but I LOLed at the posthumous fat-shaming.

Rhi
Rhi

Knee jerk reactions from reactionary jerks living on their knees. Who would have expected that?

They are the same…individuals (the most polite word I’m willing to use) who said “respect the presidency!” during Bush’s unelected residency, but have regularly called for assassination after 2009.

Social Justice Red Mage
Social Justice Red Mage

my nigga Adolf Hitler

I…don’t know who should be more the offended by usage of those four words in that specific order.

I think I’ll just go with “everyone”. Probably safer that way.

1 2 3