a new woman to hate alt-right anti-Semitism cultural marxism entitled babies evil fat fatties evil SJWs literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny

Daily Stormer: “Jews are encouraging men to masturbate to pictures of fat women”

The Jews did Ashley Graham?
The Jews did Ashley Graham?

Is plus-sized model Ashley Graham being used, wittingly or unwittingly, by a secret cabal of degenerate Jews trying to brainwash red-blooded white men into finding fat chicks attractive?

That’s what Andrew Anglin, the Trump-loving, Jew-hating editor of the internet Nazi tabloid The Daily Stormer seems to be suggesting in a series of posts on Graham and her diabolical plumpness.

When Graham was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue earlier this year, Anglin warned his readers not to be fooled into thinking that she was actually pretty hot. Because that’s what THE JEWS want you to think.

This is part of a propaganda campaign of the Jews called “fat acceptance.” Instead of looking at fatness as a form of sick degeneracy – not to mention a dangerous health hazard – which should be shamed, fat accepters believe that fatties should love their fatness, and force it on everyone else. They also claim that fat chicks are attractive somehow.

The horror!

As Anglin sees it, “fat acceptance” is part of a slippery slope of terrible “equality” that will somehow also lead people to think that child molesting is super cool. “[T]his embracing of degeneracy,” he warns

is part of the whole equality doctrine of the Marxist Jews.

First they told us women were equal. Then the Blacks. Then they started openly celebrating disease by promoting the homos. They also now claim that Islam is a religion of peace, even though the entire religion is about murdering people.

It is no wonder at all they are now pushing pedophiles as victims, as well as fatties as beautiful.

That is one weird slippery slope.

The evil Ashley is now on the cover of Maxim. While this is terrible in itself, Anglin is even more angered that some “fatties” are charging the magazine with photoshopping away some of the plump model’s plumpness.

Her fat fans are revolting, as they believe she is their ticket to brainwashing men into being attracted to them, and the last thing they need is to have her look less fat.

Graham, for her part, says the magazine didn’t slim her down with photoshop. Not that it matters to Anglin, who thinks she’s a giant gross fatty either way.

And it’s all, somehow, the fault of THE JEWS, who “are encouraging men to masturbate to pictures of fat women, further warping their destroyed psyches.”

In yet another post on the subject yesterday, Anglin again attacked Graham as a tool of the “Jew-SJW agenda to normalize obesity,” warning that “[m]en who buy into this fat acceptance are just buying into another form of sick Jewish degeneracy.”

My only question is what exactly the Jews are hoping to accomplish with this dastardly fat-encouraging conspiracy. I went back and checked the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and I couldn’t find anything about putting fat chicks on the cover of Maxim.

Are the Jews hoping to boost sales of bagels and pastrami sandwiches?

Oh, crap, now I’m hungry. IT’S WORKING, JEWS!

A Space Alpaca
A Space Alpaca

Oh, gosh. A woman who’s proud and confident of the way she looks? When she doesn’t conform to other people’s standard of beauty? The horror.

Honestly I’d call that a stretch. Other than her weight (and she’s really not that “plus-sized”) she’s extremely conventionally attractive. She nails all the ‘attractive woman’ markers aside from not being a size 2. It’s frankly ridiculous how much people in general have freaked out about her being prominent, although these guys are obviously worse.

As far as “normalizing obesity” goes, I think being larger than these guys want their women to be is already extremely normal, whether magazines, hollywood, and these idiots want to believe it or not.

I’m really sick of people freaking out about the evil fat people trying to force their fatness on everyone else, especially when the person they’re complaining about isn’t even fat, since they almost never seem to be larger than like a size 12. I’ll also just never understand how existing while fat constitutes trying to convince other people to be fat too.

Kat
Kat

@Zatar

Its kind of hilarious to hear white supremacists trying to argue that Islam is an inherently violent religion. Guys have you looked in the mirror lately?

Ha, ha! Good point!

Violence isn’t a bug of the Nazis–it’s a feature.

lacerta viridis
lacerta viridis

And she promotes the Health at Every Size movement! I’m even angrier now!!!!!!

There are actually a surprising number of people who basically EXPLODE WITH RAGE at the merest mention of ‘health at every size’. Apparently the concept of focusing on healthy living for its own sake rather than purely as a means to weight loss is the worst thing ever? For some reason?

rugbyyogi
rugbyyogi

@Eibhear – don’t get me wrong – I do like some Pastrami, but when it comes to preserved meats of Jewish culinary origin – we got salt beef here in London. I’m good with that.

Mmmm – hot salt beef sandwich – want….

(Dang, I guess this must be a conspiracy to sell delicious cold cuts)

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

A Space Alpaca,

You don’t even have to have a size in the double digits to get the fat shaming. Just look at how misogynists clutch their pearls over Amy Schumer having the audacity to joke about sex and get a t.v. show while a size 6-8. Oh no!

I don’t think they really think a woman is ugly if she has an ounce of body fat on her. As others already pointed out, everyone has different preferences and surely that includes manospherians and/or white supremacists. What they dislike is when a woman doesn’t starve herself. They dislike when women feel free to eat, drink, fuck, and otherwise do things that make her happy and feel good.

All of the physical traits these guys hate, they hate because they’re indications of female freedom. We’re supposed to be miserable and hungry inside of a girdle. How are we supposed to be subservient if we’re gaining weight or getting a tattoo?

Sometimes I’m glad I’m not skinny, blonde, and pretty. I would hate for these douchenuggets to project their fantasies of their perfect submissive aryan housewife onto me. I think I’d rather be considered unfuckable.

A Space Alpaca
A Space Alpaca

Oh I know they’ll fat shame just about anyone who isn’t a walking photoshop job (so you know, everyone), I just follow/know several women that are truly fat, not just ‘not a model’ fat and they seem really frustrated by people like Amy Schumer making money off the ‘haha I’m a fat girl!’ schtick while not having to deal with the realities that come with being actually fat.

Now that’s not me trying to dismiss the crap that smaller women go through, we just have such a habit of calling objectively skinny women fat that it really skews the board for people who are out of the average weight range.

I suspect there’s a lot of these guys that would find bigger women super attractive, and it’s almost depressing that they’re probably repressing their actual sexual desires for fear of being seen as a ‘cuck’ or ‘beta’ or ‘evil jew’ or whatever the asshole buzzword of the day is.

A lot of the time I’m glad I gained a lot of weight after high school because a LOT of the harassment I used to get stopped after that (unless that’s because I hit the ‘actually an adult’ wall).
I mean I dislike my fat because I know it’s the unhealthy kind, but I certainly don’t miss the unwanted attention.

(sorry if I’m really rambly today, I feel rambly)

Alan Robertshaw

I’ve mentioned that I’m involved with a scheme that helps people (especially women and younger girls) who want to get fitter but for various reasons are deterred.

A common thing they tell us about is that they got abuse previously but they still get just as much, if not more, even if they’re out running or doing exercise.

I think it’s similar to how MGTOWs don’t really want to live in a world free of women; then they’d have no one to abuse. These guys may pretend they’re coming from a “it’s all about health” perspective, but ultimately they just want easy targets for abuse.

Also, whether a woman is happy in her own skin or engages in exercise, she’s deciding what to do with her life and her body, and these guys hate the idea a woman should have autonomy over herself.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I’m not going to rag on anyone for using it, but I’m going to put it out there that the term “plus-sized” makes my teeth grind. It calls out normal-sized women as being abnormal, deserving of a special label that alerts everyone that they are not size 0.

The range of “human normal” is extremely wide, but our very language slices that range apart where it comes to women’s (and only women’s) weight, and treats the upper side of normal as something that needs to be specially called out. I’ve never heard of a “plus-size” male model. I really, really hate that term.

That’s all I’ll say about it.

weirwoodtreehugger

A Space Alpaca,

O, I hear you. I think it’s tough to tell where the line is between not skinny-yet not fat women appropriating fatness and sizism and not skinny-yet not women honestly discussing and/or joking the amount of abuse women of a variety of sizes receive for not fitting into our culture’s ridiculously rigid beauty standards.

I don’t feel particularly equipped to figure that out as someone who is more in the not thin but not all that fat category and has had body image issues since childhood (even though I was a skinny kid) and has had eating disorders. My perceptions are skewed.

I’m not clueless enough to offer my unwanted opinions in the comments of fat acceptance blogs, but I really truly don’t know what my place is in discussing these issues. Idk, I can relate to a lot of Schumer’s humor, but I can see why others would be rolling their eyes at a lot of it. Cause there’s a difference between making misogynist boners sad and being discriminated against at work for your size, getting substandard medical care, having people shout animal noises out of car windows at you, etc.

Eibhear
Eibhear

@rubyyogi,
Sure, and it’s all very well for you, but I’m stuck out in TW10, and I mean in the medieval part ( near Bushy Park), and if I don’t get paid on time (which happens frequently), I amn’t able to go anywhere at all. I amn’t kidding you; this week, I was paid a week late, so I wasn’t able to put any money on my OysterCard.
P.S. Have you been to Tayabs in Whitechapel? Well, I’m sure you have. You know the food is to die for!

A Space Alpaca
A Space Alpaca

WWTH: I’m with you, I’m overweight but I would not consider myself a fat woman*, I’ve just been reading a lot from actually fat women upset about Amy Schumer’s whole being called plus sized in a magazine and calling the magazine out thing that happened recently and I really see where they’re coming from. I can’t really figure out where I fit into the whole equation either, I just feel really weird about calling women who are literally (mainstream) hot enough to be in Maxim and really just average weight fat or plus-sized.

*Since it seems that most of us agree that ‘plus-sized’ is a fairly detestable term, does anyone particularly mind if I use ‘fat’ (in the unironic, not mocking MRAs who called us that kind of way)? I tend to be on the side of reclaiming the word and I mean absolutely no offense when using it.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I’ve looked at the majority of women in various documentaries about white supremacists, the most recent being the KKK documentary over at the BBC, which was filmed at the time of the terrible racist church shooting in SC. The women who appear are consistently far less attractive, far less well groomed, and generally larger than the plus size model in question.

How those women look is immaterial. Let’s not stoop to their level. The KKK does not set the standard for acceptable behavior.

It is hilarious that without any evidence to support encouraging masturbation of any kind, much less using images of zaftig women, these nutjobs come up with these crazy conspiracy theories.

You may want to look over the commenting policy, especially the part about ableism.

Corporal Charming
Corporal Charming

Policy of Madness, as it happens I recently heard this

I like the fact that it draws attention to the fact that these ‘plus sized’ male models are in fact probably average Australian men

Kat
Kat

@Alan Robertshaw

Women can’t win (well, you can and you ultimately will, but I mean in the colloquial sense).

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

So, Jackie and I finally saw our movie today (and it was really good, and we had the whole theater to ourselves like wut it was gr8.) and there was a preview for a movie called Green Room, and it looks like a movie about a band who played at some backroads Neo-Nazi place, and they are being held there by the Nazis and are trying to escape because they’ll be killed if they don’t. Jackie commented that it was interesting that they’re portraying Nazis as the murderous bad guys, and pointed out that the entire cast was white people at the same time, which I actually thought kinda made sense, considering.

Here’s the Red Band trailer (Sir Patrick Stewart’s in it! Though he is playing a Neo-Nazi…):

jy3, Social Justice Beguiler
jy3, Social Justice Beguiler

Anyone else notice the Bread Eggs Milk Squick there?

Kat
Kat

I had a look at Wikipedia’s article on The Daily Stormer:

There’s a photo there of Andrew Anglin, author of the article in question. The guy is unremarkable looking. Not big. Not buff. Looks nervous.

So I’m gonna not go out on a limb here and say that he feels threatened by a woman who might be taller and weigh more than him.

All women must immediately adjust our height and weight to be compatible with Anglin’s preferences! Once we do that, he will choose among us. Super excited!

Fun fact: The Daily Stormer website is registered in the name of his dad, Greg Anglin. He runs a “Christian-inspired” counseling service. (Love your enemies? Turn the other cheek? Treat others as you would have them treat you?)

Another fun fact: Andrew Anglin is one of a very, very few art critics to appreciate Hitler’s art!

Kat
Kat

@PI
You & Pandapool! At the movies!

Glad you had fun.

Bina

The guy is unremarkable looking. Not big. Not buff. Looks nervous.

Much macho. So alpha. Like wow.

Yeah, I think he’s a giant wimp, and that’s why he’s scared of getting horny at the sight of women who might be able to best him in a fight. They don’t have to be especially large, just not bone thin. And woe betide anyone who looks like she might feel comfortable and attractive in her own skin, too. Why, she might even not waste all her brainpower on obsessing over her own weight, and then where would these men get any power over her at all? Horrors!

Re: the “plus size” thing: Size 6-8 is not even remotely large, except maybe in the world of high fashion modeling, where “average” is a size 2-4, if not an outright 0. In reality, 6-8 is small. I was that as a skinny teenager and not even at my full adult height. I’m now a size 14, and have been for two decades. The average woman is a 12-14. That’s not “plus size” either. That’s a solid medium. But in the world of high fashion, and in terms of clothing stores, that’s faaaaaaat. Even when there’s not much actual fat on the person; big bones can make it impossible to go below a double-digit dress size.

I was quite surprised to learn that I have just such bones; it took a hospital dietitian to apprise me of the fact. She measured my wrist, which has no fat on it. I can’t be skinny even if I try, and I don’t want to try. Such a waste of brainpower. Reshaping one’s perceptions is essential, if one isn’t to end up wasting one’s life and ruining one’s health obsessing about things that are totally beyond one’s control. So now I’m reading Healthy at Every Size, and it’s really resonating. How I wish that book had been around when I had that awful boyfriend who kept telling me food was my enemy!

It’s no wonder Amy Schumer took Glamour to task for (however unintentionally) distorting readers’ perceptions about size in general, and hers in particular. They’re working within the rarefied world of high-fashion standards, and out of touch with the real world. How “inspiring” it ain’t.

Dal
Dal

With each wad of neonazi bullshit that assaults my brain, my fear of global thermonuclear war drops a little.

I apologize.

Mikkay
Mikkay

To these assholes, any woman over 85 lbs is fat. Im 100% sure that Shelley Duvall’s character from the shining is every MRA’s dream girl. Frail, helpless, submissive, underweight, but who still has other physical flaws that they could hold over her head and make her feel like shit about.

TheLurker
TheLurker

Nobody tell this guy that throughout most of recorded human history, being chubby was a sign of wealth and health and was therefore considered sexy.

cleverforagirl
cleverforagirl

I like fat. I’m fat. I also like fattie (the ‘ie’ makes it cute) I don’t speak for all fat people, but feel free to call me, fat, fattie, fattie mcfatterson, or even ‘dat booty’

🙂

reimalebario
reimalebario

@Cerise22

Well, speaking as a plus-size fetish model, I’d just like to say: thanks, secret Jewish conspiracy, keep it up!

You’re very welcome. We decided it unanimously on last wednesday’s Secret Jew Club meeting. We used to have them on every wednesday (wednesday having two of the letters j e w in it) but it got too difficult to find a venue big enough, so now half of us have the secret meeting on wednesdays in even weeks and the other half on odd weeks and then we compare notes on a special, secret part of Twitter.

Oh no, did I just give all of that away? Damn!

Neurite
Neurite

@Hambeast:

I haven’t been in a while, but Israel having a lot of fatphobia permeating its mainstream culture sounds, sadly, entirely plausible to me.

However (and I kinda hate that I know this), that actually wouldn’t strike Mr. Not-At-All-Attracted-To-Ashley-Graham Neonazi here as any contradiction of his theories. You see, the diabolical thing about us Jews is that we promote these evil, degenerate trends (gay rights, cultural diversity, treating fat people like human beings, etc.) for (non-Jewish) white people so as to corrupt and undermine their society and bring about the downfall of their countries (and thus the rise of our New World Order/global government), but we cleverly shun those same trends for ourselves.

…no really, this is what those fucktrumpets argue. One example they like to cite is that US American Jews (who as a demographic are majority liberal/Democrat-voting) support accepting refugees from war-torn areas into the US (see for example the open letter from numerous US rabbis about Syrian refugees), while Israel has a rather draconian immigrant/refugee policy. Apparently they cannot grasp the concept that US Jews and Israelis are different people, who can (and often do) have different opinions and motives*. Even though (gasp!) they are both Jewish!

As a Jew who is only too familiar, sometimes from in-person experience, with the concept “two Jews, five opinions,” I find this especially hilarious.

*Not to mention, of course, the fact that there are of course plenty of conservative/rightwing Jews in the US, and that Israel is a thoroughly split country on just about any policy you care to name.

Playonwords
Playonwords

Fashion is not reality and what people consider as attractive is just fashion. My Grandmother (born circa 1892) used to refer to skinny women as “A rag, a bone and a hank of hair.” Similarly Marilyn Monroe was considered an ideal but by the standards of today would be regarded as overweight as would virtually all the female idols of the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s. Even Audrey Hepburn and Twiggy would be regarded as overweight by the standards used by these persons of limited morality.

Essentially people whining about overweight women seek a pedophile ideal, a “gamine” with tits.

Carayak
Carayak

@PolicyofMadness

Is there any use of the phrase “to rag on” someone which does not inherently imply menstrual rags?

I am aware of no other origin. If one exists, please correct me.

@ carayak

“Ragging” as in “to rag on” is an old British term. It’s been used for centuries so it probably predates any sanitary product implication.

It originally meant to “prank” or “play a joke”. The most common usage over here now is probably “rag week” at our universities. That’s when students get up to whacky high japes.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

The Lurker

Not just wealth and health – strength!

What do they think of women athletes? Swimmers with muscular shoulders as wide as axe handles, cyclists whose speed and power rely on their obviously strong thighs and glutes, shotputters, discus-hammer-javelin throwers as well as weightlifters. They all have extremely developed musculature and unusual fat distribution because of the particular requirements of their sport.

Of course, they’re not outstandingly healthy, despite their strength, because extreme sports training puts undue strain on immune and endocrine function so they can be quite vulnerable to contagious diseases as well as sport-related injuries. But these guys obviously aren’t interested in the actual health of women of the body size and shape they say they prefer, because starving yourself into being so extremely underweight is equally detrimental to health.

Carayak
Carayak

@Alan Robertshaw

Thank you. You’re one of my favorites around here, so I appreciate your comment. 🙂

I do still question how the women centuries ago were solving their monthly sanitation problems, if not with rags.

I know that the British public school phrase “fagging” actually had its origins in bringing in kindling, but where did “ragging” in the “high japes” sense come from?

@ carayak

Ha, thanks 🙂

I’m not sure of the origin of “rag” in the prank sense. I only knew about how old it was from an article I read years ago about student rag weeks. I’m very grateful for your explanation about fagging though (I love learning stuff like that). I suppose it’s obvious when you think of the original meaning of faggot (wonder if the kindling version predates the meatball one?). I don’t know when that word first got used as a term of abuse.

As to your other query, there are people on here more qualified to comment. My only bit of trivia in that regard is the origin of modern products. (Warning for another of my rambles)

During WW1 there was a shortage of cotton for medical dressings. A timber mill called Kimberly Clarke had developed a cotton substitute made from wood pulp called ‘cellucotton’. They got a contract with the US military to make substitute dressings from it. After the war they needed a new use for it. They had learned that nurses were using the dressings as sanitary pads (and soldiers were stealing them for their wives) so they saw a gap in the market and ‘hey presto’ they launched a new line of products under the Kotex brand.

@ carayak

Ah, straight from the horse’s mouth as it were….

ETA:

From that article!

One publication after another refused to accept advertising for Kotex pads until, finally, after much discussion on the appropriateness of copy, the Ladies Home Journal agreed to
run an ad. It featured a picture of a sophisticated woman and was headlined, “In the wardrobe of Her Royal Daintiness.”

kupo
kupo

It looks like the verb form of rag has been around for a lot longer than the use of the noun rag as slang for sanitary products, and the origin is unknown but may be related to an old Danish word.

Carayak
Carayak

@kupo, @Alan:
Thanks for the etymology lessons! I’m glad one thing that sounded questionable turned out not to be.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@PI

Awesome! 🙂

My Otter and I went to see Carol on Christmas Eve. We almost had the whole theater to ourselves that day too.

The one time I’ve actually had the entire room to myself at the movies was when my local theater in the tiny town where I grew up made the mistake of thinking anyone would be interested in watching The Truman Show.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Any link between ragging=playing pranks and the role of jester/buffoon (wearing motley) ?????
(I have no idea and haven’t tried to check; I’m really struggling with what I’m supposed to be working on right now, so hope you don’t mind that I’m pretending this page is the tea-room/cafeteria/water-cooler)

Mish
Mish

Etymology, huzzah!

Opposable Thumbs, that’s a fascinating notion. There’s my Friday night – digging around looking for possible connections between ragging and jesters.

Peeps above are correct (of course) – there does not seem to be any etymological connection between ragging on someone and being on the rags. Please do not consult urban dictionary on the latter term; it’s not pretty.
What am I saying? Don’t consult UD on anything – duh.

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

It’s funny that the men who are obsessed with women staying skinny are also usually evopsych fans too. Haven’t they ever heard the phrase “childbearing hips?”

If attraction is about fertility and reproduction, they should like big hips.

Inkswitch
Inkswitch

okay i gotta ask: what is it with conspiracy nuts and Jewish people? why are they the go-to group for all world-domination fantasies?

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

Wow, i am not good at rethorical pathfinding but it seems to me that it is an humongous shortcut (and bullshit, but, eh, this is rethorical). And the remaining of the article is full of that.
If this man was some kind of mercenary, his nickname would certainly be “Shortcut” !
Or maybe “Bingo Boy” or “Bingoy”, because this article can fill many bingo cards (mysoginy, racism, fatshaming, antijudaism, conspiracies, homophoby and so on + intercrossing them). It misses a bit of “free speech !”, “civilization crumbleism (?)”, “ableism” and “rape denying” and “negationism”. In a later post, maybe ?

Have a good day.

@ opposable thumbs & mish

Glad to see it’s not just me who uses Mammoth as a distraction when you’re meant to be working.

Now I’m looking at ‘rag’.

Seems that the “aggressive prank” meaning is peculiarly British (although it’s caught on in India and a few places to describe what our American friends would call hazing). It also has a related ‘disorderly conduct in defiance of authority’ meaning as well historically. It might be though that that flows from the student rag week tradition (which university authorities seemed to have disapproved of originally)

It can also mean to aggressively criticise someone for their perceived or actual shortcomings. The first use in that sense (according to an etymology site) was recorded in 1729 when rag was a synonym for scold (possibly from a Danish word ‘rag’ meaning to begrudge)

That last one seems more in common which how it’s used today.

@ mish

As to euphemisms for menstruation, I don’t know if you’re familiar with ‘The IT Crowd’ but I always giggle at this exchange.

“I’ve fallen to the Communists”

“Well, they do have some strong arguments”

FrickleFrackle
FrickleFrackle

Okay for one, people can be both fat and healthy. Two, people are allowed to do a bunch of unhealthy things (fire guns, smoke, drink, etc.), and I (along with many others) think that such unhealthy or potentially dangerous things are allowable, at least to an extent. Three, if these people think fat ladies are ugly, they should really look at some pictures of Alex Storm sometime. Look her up at your own risk tho, she’s quite NSFW!

A Space Alpaca
A Space Alpaca

@mildlymagnificent

They think muscular/”overly” fit women are disgusting and manly.

Like seriously you can’t win.

I have a friend who’s been lifting heavy and is part of a few groups of women weight lifters and some of the comments they get… my god, it’s disgusting.

I understand why we consider hyper-muscular physiques to be more manly, since they generally require a lower percentage of body fat, and women are designed to retain more fat over their muscles than men, but some men think any defined muscle at all on a woman is masculine and gross.

Pretty much anything that makes you bigger than a dandelion fluff, healthy or not, is a no go.

Emmy Rae
Emmy Rae

@IP and PI: My sister used to work in a movie theater. Once a teen boy came up to tell her someone was being loud in their theater. She pointed out that their film was still in previews. When she was walking rounds she went into their theater; this boy and his two friends were the only people in the place. So she made an announcement that could they please keep quiet, as the management had already received one complaint about the noise.

FrickleFrackle
FrickleFrackle

I just realized my second point could be read as contradicting my first point. I meant even – if – being fat is unhealthy, why worry about it too much, especially if it’s not your fat?

Hambeast, Social Justice Legbeard
Hambeast, Social Justice Legbeard

cleverforagirl – Yes! I am a big fat fattie myself. I think “fat” is a horribly abused, innocent, and perfectly serviceable three letter adjective. It has been unjustly saddled with a bunch of negative meanings.

Neurite – The closest I’ve ever been to Israel is eastern Turkey* so I have no first-hand experience at all. But yeah, the way anti-Semites think is kind of mind-boggling. I grew up in a rather Jewish** corner of southern California and my Jewish friends were all just, I dunno, people, with the same kinds of lives as everyone else! Who knew??.<

**And Catholic, too; I thought WASPs were a minority as a little Lutheran kid!

Sarah
Sarah

Well, everybody knows jewish mothers make you eat a lot…

Dalillama

@Alan Robertshaw

I’m not sure of the origin of “rag” in the prank sense.

Apparently neither is anyone else, but it appears to have originated sometime in the 18th century, or at least that’s the earliest surviving written usage of that meaning.

@Opposablethumbs

I wonder the same. There also appears to be a longstanding tradition that Rag Week also involves collection for charity, in which case it may be that they were ‘ragging’ or scolding passersby into donating, or possibly that they were trying to accumulate ‘rag’, meaning banknotes or money generally, or indeed ‘rags’ meaning clothes for the poor, and the meaning of hijinx/pranks derives from rag week rather than predating it.

@ A Space Alpaca

Hell, before the recent cleanup of the Taboola sponsored links I kept seeing one that said ’25 things to consider before dating an athletic girl’.