advocacy of violence crank magnetism empathy deficit fundies hate speech homophobia Islamophobia men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny not an april fools joke racism slut shaming

Abortion-having “sluts”should be put to death, YouTube ranter Theodore Shoebat declares

Theodore Shoebat, possibly trying to remember all the people he thinks should be put to death

Theodore Shoebat is a rabidly homophobic, Muslim-hating Christian fundamentalist probably best known for a seemingly endless stream of YouTube videos in which he calls for “sodomites” to be put to death.

Right Wing Watch does a pretty good job of keeping track of him in articles with titles like “Theodore Shoebat Calls For SWAT Teams To Raid The Homes Of Gay Couples And Seize Their Children” and “Theodore Shoebat Says Jesus Would Personally Beat Gays To Death.”

Well, it turns out that young Mr. Shoebat — son of Walid Shoebat, an anti-Muslim activist and “expert” who says he’s a former Muslim Brotherhood member — also kind of hates women. Or at least women who have rights.

In a recent video, RWW reports, Theodore Shoebat declared that “all these sluts who kill their own children” deserve to be executed.

They had a choice to keep their legs closed. They could have controlled themselves, and they got the abortions and they murdered their own children. Let me tell you something, I believe in the death penalty for these women and I believe that God himself agrees with me.

Here are the highlights of that lovely video:

Not surprisingly, he’s also not too keen on women having the right to vote:

I don’t believe in women voting. I don’t believe in the suffragist movement, I don’t believe in women in politics. If they’re so righteous, let them stay at home and teach their children that righteousness. They have no place on the podium, they have no place in the political sphere. …

We wouldn’t have the crap if women simply taught righteousness to their children as opposed to trying to compete with men all the time in the political sphere and trying to dominate their husbands!

Let’s go to the tape:

Providing yet more evidence for the theory of “Crank Magnetism,” Theodore Shoebat also believes that:

Can you guess which candidate he supports for president? I’ll give you one hint: this person’s name starts with “Donald J. Trum.”

Theodore Shoebat hopes that if this mystery candidate is elected, he will institute a “Christian supremacist” regime in which

there’s no free reign for homosexuals, there’s no liberation for perversity and debaseness and just downright weird mutant psychos walking around with clipped liberal dyke hair and men dressing up as women and all that sick, psycho stuff. People who flaunt the Quran in a Christian society would be arrested, at times put to death … .

Stop trying to make “put everyone to death” happen. It’s not going to happen.

Paws
Paws

@sevenofmine

Agreed. Not every raging homophobic asshole is secretly in the closet. They could just hate gay people because they’re homophobic assholes with not an ounce of empathy.

Viscaria
Viscaria

@Amused, I’m so sorry for what you and your mother endured.

@Tulse

Then he definitely has the wrong candidate — that would be Ted Cruz.

I had exactly the same thought. You don’t want that horror show of a political candidate, Shoebat, what you want is the other horror show of a political candidate.

That said, I understand there has been significant support for Trump from within the Christian Fundamentalist community, despite his lukewarm religiosity, because he seems tougher than Cruz. They’re looking for someone who will shoot first and ask questions later.

Miss Andry

@All

If I came across as saying being gay is an insult then I certainly didn’t get my point across and I apologize. I certainly didn’t mean to cross the line, but I can see why saying what I said was just gratuitously nasty. True, we should despise homophobes for bring homophobic. I tried to take a jab at what I perceived as the most outspoken gay-bashers trying to convince themselves of their own views and nor just others. I see that I utterly failed at that and me insulting folks here, no matter how inadvertent, was a colossal fuck up on my part. Sorry everyone.

Zero
Zero

“Ups seems like my hand slipped!” I said as I reported this guys video for hate speech lol

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

“Liberal dyke hair”… Deep copper, mid-back-length, very wavy, bangs that’d make a Final Fantasy character jealous?

(The joke is that I’m describing myself.)

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I love this shorthand. Who’s “we” and what is “the crap”? Is it like the clap? Are children to blame for it?

Why aren’t men on the hook to teach righteousness? Why is it only women holding back this giant dam of crap?

Saphira
Saphira

I don’t remember where I saw it, but a while back I read something about Shoebat believing that U.S. restaurants are secretly serving customers steaks made from human flesh.

How do you get to a point where you honestly start to believe that cannibalism is widespread in restaurants in your own country? Why would a restaurant even do such a thing? The ability of some people to reject facts and substitute their own reality to suit their views just astonishes me sometimes.

Cleverforagirl
Cleverforagirl

@kupo, candy colored hair represent. If you haven’t already, check out overtone conditioner, it changed my life.

Jarnsaxa
Jarnsaxa

Human flesh’s got to be way more expensive than cattle. And it would taste totally different, different enough that people would notice!

It doesn’t pass even the most cursory application of sense.

VioletBeauregarde
VioletBeauregarde

Sounds like my hair but lighter (my hair is quite coppery but not deep copper) and straighter…my hair is only so straight because it’s so long and thick.
About the Trump thing…ugh, dear gods NO! If Trump wins, you think I’m Goth now…just you freaking wait!

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@SFHC

Sounds spectacular! 🙂

Carr
Carr

I’m starting to think this guy is waaaaaaay too obsessed with cannibalism. This coming from someone who has ”A History of Cannibalism” in their bathroom.

P.S.:It’s actually an interesting book.

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

Huggbees,
That was my thought too. I know misogynists like to believe that women who get abortions are murdering men’s babies against their will, and sometimes women do get abortions when the father doesn’t want that. But quite often, it’s a decision made together with both parties agreeing that termination is the best option. Sometimes the pregnant woman* wants to keep it but the father doesn’t want a baby and she agrees to the abortion rather than face being a single mother with no support from the father.

So, does a man get executed if abortion was what he wanted? If he drove her to the clinic? If he paid for all or part of the abortion? Or is a fetus only a man’s property when he decides to claim it?

Saphira,
It sounds like this guy thought Solyent Green was a documentary!

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

I’m just going to ignore the article, because WHOA. Dude’s got some serious misplaced anger if women living their lives and voting bothers him so damn much.

Good thing most women wouldn’t give a rat’s tit what this dude thinks about them.

As for Amused, again, WHOA. I’m so sorry you had to go through that. That’s a person with some garbage opinions.

Number Sequence | April 4, 2016 at 1:07 pm
I have to admit, homosexuality leading to cannibalism is a new one for me. I want to know what version of the bible this guy reads. It sounds painful.

Well, I know that when I date a cis woman, I make sure to eat her (out).

(Slightly OT and happier: I made okonomiyaki today! It turned out a bit meh, but it was still good. Sauce I made for it was a bit strong though. I imagine that’s because I’m supposed to also put mayo and other stuff on it, but we only had nasty liiiiiight mayo. Ew.

ALSO GOOD NEWS: The WWE finally changed the “Diva’s” title back into the WOMEN’S TITLE. New belt that looks just like one of the men’s title and everything. I’m just sad/pissed off the championship match yesterday at WrestleMania was tainted by the same cheating bullshit that’s been rampant with this particular champion. I’m sick of seeing her cheat and cheat and cheat to win her matches. It’s such BULLSHIT.)

VioletBeauregarde
VioletBeauregarde

He’s “pro-life” but he wants so many people dead! What if that fetus grows up to be gay? What if s/he grows up to be a Muslim or a woman who chooses abortion for whatever reason (including self-preservation)? Pro-life my big white Irish ass!

Bina

@Amused:

“Why the hell should I feel responsible??? It had nothing to do with me.”

At this point I have to wonder how much sex education he had. Because last time I checked, men were 50% responsible for all the pregnancies…

kupo
kupo

@Cleverforagirl
I looked at overtone and at first because my stylist couldn’t do fantasy colors I was going to ask her to bleach my hair so I could add overtone, but then I decided to find a new stylist (and he is aeesome!) and my hair is too many different shades for that to work for me right now, so I’m just doing frequent follow ups (or that’s the plan–I just got it done over the weekend).

A Space Alpaca
A Space Alpaca

This guy seems like a pleasure. I sincerely hope he never has children. I can’t even cope with the thought of him subjecting his toxic views onto children.

See the really sad thing about this is that this has already happened.
This guy is the kid who had this crap subjected on him as a kid.

🙁

weirwoodtreehugger

I just realized I added a * and forget to put the note in.

I hate referring to pregnant women as mothers when discussing abortion rights because I feel that it reduces them to the role of incubator and is giving into the forced birther terms. Pregnant woman sounds a bit clunky, I wish there was a single word for a pregnant woman who does not, for whatever reason view herself as a mother and the fetus as a baby.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I find the “women are too stupid to vote/women are solely responsible for the next generation” dichotomy fascinating. Which is it, misogynists? Are women dim bulbs, or childrearing superheroes? If you think women aren’t competent to vote, why do you trust women to raise children?

Jen
Jen

Saphira, they wouldn’t hide human flesh as pork cutlets or steaks, because that would be a loss of profits. I’m pretty sure human would cost more per pound than cow or pig, even with how cheap humans are on the black market. D;

Garen Truscott
Garen Truscott

Don’t be silly women are 100% responsible for pregnancy. The man isn’t involved. Didn’t you know that: “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

Khane's Mom
Khane's Mom

*disables lurker mode*
**clears throat*

If God agrees with this dude about abortion, one would think it might have been mentioned in The Book .

Weirdly, though, the only direct mention of causing a deliberate miscarriage (abortion) is in Numbers, where it is advocated if the husband suspects the “issue” his wife is carrying is of that of another man. Husband is instructed to take wife to the local priest who will give her “cursed waters” that will cause her to miscarry the other guy’s kid. If she has been faithful, there will be no effect.

All the “I knew you in the womb” stuff was in specific relation to specific prophets (Jesus and John mostly). So, there’s that.

*returns to lurker mode*

Snork Maiden

This fool doesn’t care about the welfare of unborn children, he just wants to punish women for having sex. It wouldn’t surprise me if he made another video calling for the public flogging of women who dare to have children out of wedlock.

Alan Robertshaw

@ khanes mom

Wow, I knew nothing about that; but just had a read and it seems pretty clear that not only does God not gave a problem with abortion, he regards it as compulsory in at least some circumstances.

ColeYote
ColeYote

Theodore Shoebat, everyone’s second favourite extremist theocrat named Theodore (next, of course, to Theodore Beale/Vox Day).

darkstatistic
darkstatistic

Ah yes, it’s nice to get back to the simple, straightforward Misogyny Classic after the last few days of Aurini’s convoluted fight against decency and Milo’s brain-aching attempts at making himself relevant.

Sometimes, you have to go back to basics.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

@Alan
@khanes mom

There’s also the verse that says to punish someone harsher if they cause a woman to miscarry AND suffer long term injury, than if she simply miscarries. Here God certainly seems to value the body of a woman more than the fetus inside of it.

Then there’s the whole “breath of life” thing in the OT where Jewish custom was that a baby isn’t actually alive until it’s first breath. And that whole “love thy neighbour”, “grace, compassion and wisdom” thing that the NT especially leans heavily on.

Meanwhile the pro-life movement bases its rhetoric on the fuzzy concept of “life/the soul begins at conception” (the Bible says NOTHING of the sort) and “Don’t kill” (which can perhaps be interpreted better as “Don’t murder” since the OT Israelites killed quite a lot of people during war – under the instruction of God). Other than that it seems to be just a mix of emotions (cute widdle bay-beeees, pregnancy is amazing etc.) and puritan misogyny that a) thinks a woman’s only God-approved role is mother and b) that children are “punishment” for sex (what the actual fuck). P.S:: neither a or b is supported by the Bible either.

One last point: Scripture also says to judge people by their fruits i.e. their actions, and what fruits have the pro-life side grown? Lies, harassment and ACTUAL MURDER to try and further their cause. God approves? I don’t fucking think so.

*gets off soap box* Ahem. Yeah, I’ve believed for a while that the pro-choice side has a stronger Biblical backing than the forced-birth side does. Sorry for the outburst. I’ve yet to meet an IRL fellow Christian that feels this way, so that was kind of sitting inside me for ages with no outlet until now.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

There is a verse about how women are supposed to be ruled by men and refers to women as mothers only, etc. It is Genesis 3:16, which is the Curse, and which (according to Christian theology) Jesus was supposed to fix. When Jesus died on the cross, the lifting of the Curse became available to anyone who asked for it. Christians who argue that women need to continue to live under the rules of the Curse, because of reasons, are using some suspect theology.

RosaDeLava - Praying for Sexbots
RosaDeLava - Praying for Sexbots

Human flesh’s got to be way more expensive than cattle.

Silly, they’re not doing it for economic reasons! Eating human flesh turns you into a satanist/demon/wendigo/feminist/whatever, and it’s all a ploy of Big Daddy G! Everybody knows that! /s

@Policy of Madness
I thought the law itself wasn’t supposed to change? But even if this really was the case, these people wouldn’t be living in accordance to Old Testament law either, even if just for the food they eat, the clothes they wear, or the lack of a spade strapped to their hips.

Consistency is for communists! /more s

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

@Rosa

I thought the law itself wasn’t supposed to change?

Genesis 3:14-19 are not the law. They are the Curse. If you believe that Jesus came to Earth to undo the Curse, then there is no reason for verse 16 to apply today any more than the remainder should apply today.

Jesus said that’s what he was doing.

The Curse goes, in part:
“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food”

But Jesus had this to say:
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.”

Jesus was saying right there, plainly, that he was undoing the Curse.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

@RosadeLava

The Curse isn’t the same thing as the Law. The Curse is the part of Genesis just after Adam and Eve are kicked out of the Garden of Eden (according to scripture. I personally believe that the Creation/Fall story is metaphorical) and God explains to them what life will be like for them with sin in the world. Seeing as Jesus died to cover for sin in believer’s lives and reverse The Fall, that means that Christians really shouldn’t be living a life according to the Curse.

The Law, on the other hand, was the laundry list of instructions that God gave to the Israelites as they were trying to form their own way of life after being held captive to Egyptians for so many generations. They pretty much had to start building their culture and society from scratch, hence why the Mosaic rules are so detailed. There’s ongoing debate on whether the Law can’t “change” due to some seemingly conflicting verses, and I have my own opinions, but that’s a discussion for another time maybe. I don’t want to derail.

EDIT:: NINJA’D BY POM.

American Red Tory
American Red Tory

Actually, the belief that the Bible teaches that “life begins at first breath” (rather than conception) was the predominant one among evangelical and fundamentalist Protestants until very recently. There are some holdouts including Peter Ruckman who maintain that view to this day (although Ruckman is admittedly a very a fringe figure).

In fact, W. A. Criswell (who was the leader of the Southern Baptist Convention at the time) welcomed Roe v. Wade. Criswell was no theological liberal either; he was the architect of the “conservative resurgence” within the SBC.

It only began to change in the late 70s and early 80s, mostly because of things like Evangelicals and Catholics Together and the “ecumenism of the trenches”, which involved evangelicals and Roman Catholics who believed there should be no daylight between the two on social issues. This “trench ecumenism” led to massive shifts in belief among both, and evangelicals began embracing the Humanae Vitae teachings, while Catholics started endorsing Christian Zionism and free-market Reaganism. All of these things would previously have been very unusual, and out of character for their respective traditions.

The Church Fathers themselves (at least the Greek-speaking ones) taught that human personhood was derived from the nous (i. e., the consciousness, or soul). The idea of “biological personhood”, which Rome and Humanae Vitae teach, would have been ridiculous to them.

I tend to agree with the Eastern Orthodox view on a lot of things. I still believe abortion is morally wrong in most cases* but I don’t believe a zygote etc. has a nous, or that it is the equivalent of an actual person in later stages of development*. Abortion is sui generis rather than being morally equivalent to a drive-by shooting or something of the sort. If there is any analogy at all it would be to unplugga

I actually view the idea of biological personhood as a fairly serious error since it is essentially materialistic. It’s also difficult to square Humanae Vitae‘s rigorism with what even the Catholic Church taught and did prior to the relatively recent era. (Did you know that condoms were invented by a Catholic priest? That’s right, they were! And that is to say nothing of St. Brigid of Kildare….)

I believe in ensoulment, that this is when a personhood begins, and that it is a mystery when exactly it occurs. (The Orthodox believe that it’s okay not to know everything and that many things are mysteries; they have an apophatic approach to theology. They don’t dogmatize everything the way Roman Catholics and Calvinists do. It’s not a church you want to join if you have what Max Weber called a rational-legal mindset).

*That’s because it is a potential person; but potential persons still have value according to my view, and the view of the Orthodox. However, I’d be the first to argue that in the case of anencephaly or other cases where there is no potential for viability now or in the future, that the doctors should have the right to determine the proper course of action, not the government and certainly not the Vatican.

American Red Tory
American Red Tory

Oops, I meant “….if there is any analogy at all it would be to unplugging a life-support machine when the patient is incapable of giving an answer either way”.

It’s interesting that even Rome has been all over the map on this one. While they intervened during the Terri Schiavo case, they also allowed the late Pope (now St.) John Paul II to die naturally rather than attempting to keep him alive as long as possible using the latest newfangled science. On the face of it this seems a bit self-contradictory.

RosaDeLava - Praying for Sexbots
RosaDeLava - Praying for Sexbots

@Policy of Madness and sunnysombrera
Thank you for the correction!

Broken Butterfly
Broken Butterfly

I just… that. Ick. Ick ick ick ick ick ick ick.

I legitimately feel my skin crawl when I see people like this trying to use religion for this sort of blathering hate. Just… no, guys. Whether God exists or not is irrelevant at this point: no God worth being worshiped would think like this. I just… aug. It makes my brain and my heart hurt so much.

Someone needs to smack these guys. Not like hurt-smack, but your-mom-whapped-you-upside-the-back-of-the-head-lightly-with-her-hand-because-you’re-being-stupid smack.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Here’s an interesting article about how the view of abortion in conservative Protestant culture changed over time. The takeaway is that this is a very recent innovation; as the article states, the idea that this is the Biblical view, amongst Protestants, is younger than the Happy Meal.

There’s evidence that the decision to push abortion as the wedge issue between Republicans and Democrats was cynically motivated as part of the Republican Southern Strategy. It was all about converting white Catholics – who had always been against abortion – to the Republican side. They couldn’t very well tell only Catholics that the GOP was anti-abortion, so they had to sell white Protestants on the idea, too.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

@American Red Tory

Interesting! Thanks for adding to the discussion. I think I agree with you that a zygote et al is just a potential person rather than a person, but personally I feel icky about particularly late term abortions (unless there is absolute need eg. mother is in danger, child will be seriously disabled and in constant pain) since the fetus is so close to completion it just doesn’t seem right. Up until then though, abortion is simply a-ok in my book.

(My conservative parents have used the line “some people use abortion like birth control and it’s wrong!” and I’ve tried to keep my patience as I explain to them that that’s a myth, vast majority of women seeking abortions are doing it because accidents happen despite the best laid plans of mice and men. Who the fuck would choose an invasive, costly procedure in place of popping a pill, wrapping a rubber or having an implant??).

kupo
kupo

@sunnysombrera
What about late term abortions feels icky to you, out of curiosity?

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

@kupo

It’s just feelz. That’s it. 😐 I know I’m no better than the pro-lifers I mentioned earlier in that regard, but I still wouldn’t force women not to have late-term abortions if I was a lawmaker.

By late-term I mean really late term though, not just one week into the third trimester or on the verge of viability, later than that. I also know that a very tiny fraction of abortions are done at that stage, and they’re done for the reasons I mentioned above, so it’s really a non-issue.

Gah. I should have gone to bed by now instead of staying up word-dribbling on my comments.

weirwoodtreehugger

I understand this analogy, but I’ve never been comfortable with it. A life support machine is a machine, a thing. A woman isn’t a machine, a woman is a human. It isn’t the same thing.

On the abortion and the Bible thing; I remember reading somewhere that it says causing the death of a fetus is only murder after the quickening. That is, when it can be felt moving. I have no idea what book that would be in. The Bible is not my area of expertise.

kupo
kupo

@sunnysombrera
Things went bad fast for my mother at 32 weeks. They did an emergency cesarean section with the goal of saving her life, knowing I had an extremely small chance of surviving. I obviously did survive, but it was close enough that they told her not to get attached and they didn’t tie her tube as originally planned because she still wanted one more. I wasn’t a person at that point. Had I not survived, I would never have known the difference. Had the doctors not intervened, she could have died.

People don’t have late term abortions without a lot of anguish and heartache involved. The decision is made for medically necessary reasons. They’re not unwanted pregnancies being ended. IMO, there’s nothing icky about it. It’s about the health of the mother and/or the viability of the fetus.

I realize this is sounding like a lecture and that wasn’t my intention. I guess I’m just tired of people treating late term abortions like some kind of cruelty when they’re anything but.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

I did say that I’m fine with late term abortions for reasons such as what your mother went through, and that I know that late term abortions are only really done for such reasons as well.

You’re right, basically. Thanks for securing my thoughts on the matter. 🙂 Told you I was word-dribbling at that point, I shouldn’t really have said anything to start with I guess. NOW I’M ACTUALLY GOING TO BED I SWEAR. 😛

Kat
Kat

@Amused
I’m so sorry that your father was cruel.

Ms. magazine had an article some years ago about women at risk for AIDS who seemed to have no options for preventing it.

Their husbands refused to wear condoms.

And their husbands insisted on sex, aka rape.

I always think of those women when the issue of abortion comes up.

History Nerd
History Nerd

It’s actually improper (in a geeky religious studies sense) to call Theodore Shoebat a “fundamentalist” because he’s Catholic, though “extremist,” “uber traditionalist,” “crank traditionalist,” or “crank/uber pseudo-traditionalist” are fine.

Fundamentalists, specifically, are non-Pentecostal Protestants who descend culturally and theologically from churches on the “fundamentalist” side of the Fundamentalist-Modernist controversy, which usually includes the Scopes Trial and a series of controversies in the Presbyterian Church. Fundamentalists usually try to separate from the rest of American culture, practice strictly defined gender roles, and have rules designed to enforce cultural separation (no TV or movies, etc.).

Evangelicals share a lot in common theologically with fundamentalists, but evangelicals try to be more integrated into American society and they can be put on a left-right spectrum. Evangelicals tend more to the right, but some are left-wing or radical left even though they’re conservative on sex (at least for themselves). They typically vote based on the issues and not candidates’ religious creds, hence the support for Trump over Cruz in the South.

The Religious Right (as opposed to religious people on the right) is really a different theological animal than conservative evangelicalism or fundamentalism. It’s a mix of dominionism (in varying degrees), Neo-Pentecostalism, Catholicism, political Zionism, and Mormonism (the “America is a Christian Nation” stuff). They’re basically the people trying to get the more conservative evangelicals to care about politics.

Inkswitch
Inkswitch

I choose to think that this guy doesn’t actually believe any of this sh*t and is just being as outrageous as possible in order to attract views. Probably not true, but it’s the only way I can maintain what little faith in humanity I still have

Nikki the Bluth Wannabe
Nikki the Bluth Wannabe

@sunnysombrera, @Policy of Madness:
All I can say here is “agreed”.

A. Noyd
A. Noyd

bluecat says:

Hang on though – maybe it’s the clipping that makes it MORE liberal and more woman-loving-woman because less is more when it comes to that.

It’s probably something to do with the absurd belief from biblical times that hair is hollow and creates a vacuum that helps draw semen up through the body with more suction being created the longer the hair grows. Which is why men have to keep their hair short and women keep theirs long or nobody’ll ever get pregnant.

A. Noyd
A. Noyd

American Red Tory says:

Speaking as a potential “life-support machine” from your analogy, your morals can go fuck themselves. Did you even notice how you mention zygotes, the government, the Vatican and doctors, but neglected to mention the people carrying the pregnancies other than to analogize them to unthinking, unfeeling machines?