advocacy of violence crank magnetism empathy deficit fundies hate speech homophobia Islamophobia men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny not an april fools joke racism slut shaming

Abortion-having “sluts”should be put to death, YouTube ranter Theodore Shoebat declares

Theodore Shoebat, possibly trying to remember all the people he thinks should be put to death

Theodore Shoebat is a rabidly homophobic, Muslim-hating Christian fundamentalist probably best known for a seemingly endless stream of YouTube videos in which he calls for “sodomites” to be put to death.

Right Wing Watch does a pretty good job of keeping track of him in articles with titles like “Theodore Shoebat Calls For SWAT Teams To Raid The Homes Of Gay Couples And Seize Their Children” and “Theodore Shoebat Says Jesus Would Personally Beat Gays To Death.”

Well, it turns out that young Mr. Shoebat — son of Walid Shoebat, an anti-Muslim activist and “expert” who says he’s a former Muslim Brotherhood member — also kind of hates women. Or at least women who have rights.

In a recent video, RWW reports, Theodore Shoebat declared that “all these sluts who kill their own children” deserve to be executed.

They had a choice to keep their legs closed. They could have controlled themselves, and they got the abortions and they murdered their own children. Let me tell you something, I believe in the death penalty for these women and I believe that God himself agrees with me.

Here are the highlights of that lovely video:

Not surprisingly, he’s also not too keen on women having the right to vote:

I don’t believe in women voting. I don’t believe in the suffragist movement, I don’t believe in women in politics. If they’re so righteous, let them stay at home and teach their children that righteousness. They have no place on the podium, they have no place in the political sphere. …

We wouldn’t have the crap if women simply taught righteousness to their children as opposed to trying to compete with men all the time in the political sphere and trying to dominate their husbands!

Let’s go to the tape:

Providing yet more evidence for the theory of “Crank Magnetism,” Theodore Shoebat also believes that:

Can you guess which candidate he supports for president? I’ll give you one hint: this person’s name starts with “Donald J. Trum.”

Theodore Shoebat hopes that if this mystery candidate is elected, he will institute a “Christian supremacist” regime in which

there’s no free reign for homosexuals, there’s no liberation for perversity and debaseness and just downright weird mutant psychos walking around with clipped liberal dyke hair and men dressing up as women and all that sick, psycho stuff. People who flaunt the Quran in a Christian society would be arrested, at times put to death … .

Stop trying to make “put everyone to death” happen. It’s not going to happen.

Freemage
Freemage

The Shoebats, father and son alike, are nothing but charlatans and grifters of the most despicable sort.

Cleverforagirl
Cleverforagirl

Did a Google image search for “clipped liberal d*ke hair” and got both inverted bobs and pixie cuts. WHICH ONE IS IT? I need to know which haircut will allow me to properly misander!

(The rest of that was just too wtf to contemplate before tea.)

Dal
Dal

You know, when you start advocating stoning people left and right, you have to sort of stop and think: https://youtu.be/hn1VxaMEjRU

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Wat.

Trump is going to make short hair illegal?

isidore13
isidore13

@PoM, only on females. Men will be required to have short hair. Totally reasonable! /s

Miss Andry

I really wonder if his homophobia is a case of “the lady doth protest too much”…

Number Sequence
Number Sequence

I have to admit, homosexuality leading to cannibalism is a new one for me. I want to know what version of the bible this guy reads. It sounds painful.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Some hairstyling background: there is a dude named Bill Gothard, who was extremely influential in the Christian homeschooling/quiverfull movement. He has a kink for long brown hair with gentle waves. He actually told people who trusted him for spiritual guidance that God only loves female hair if it is long with gentle waves, and preferably brown. Wonder why the Duggar girls have long, brown, wavy hair? Yeah.

Gothard is still alive, but his influence took a sharp hit when it came out that he was harassing and molesting teenaged girls who were interning at his organization. It turns out that men who wrap their kinks in the Bible and pretend that they’re speaking for God when they talk about women’s looks are probably not actually speaking for God!

Carr
Carr

These people keep amazing me. Just today some dipstick went off about how women don’t get to opt out of having a baby, because they have to take responsibility for getting pregnant. Oh, and that consent to sex means that you also consent to being forced to give birth. And that if women don’t want to get pregnant, they should just stop having sex.

Yet I never hear anyone saying ”hey, if men don’t want a child, they should stop having sex”. Men have no role to play in the whole thing, apparently. If we talk about having kids, it’s always ”it’s your problem,take responsibility” if you’re a woman.

leftwingfox
leftwingfox

Number Sequence: Maybe he misunderstood what was meant by swallowing sea men?

Makroth
Makroth

@POM

Yes, right after he makes anime real and builds a wall that will be paid for by Mexico. And it will happen in that order.

Moggie
Moggie

Reached for comment, God said:
“You know, at first I had doubts? But when I thought about it some more, I realised that Mr Shoebat makes a lot of good points. I will certainly be subscribing to his youtube channel for further advice.”

mockingbird
mockingbird

Speaking as someone who’s nonreligious but has taken the time to read a number of religious texts: I have the feeling that people like this just kinda skipped all the red letter stuff in the New Testament.

Blucadia

For someone who hates Muslims he sure sounds like a card carrying member of ISIS.

Judas Peckerwood

I completely tuned out the predictably hateful, disjointed rambling in that first vid after a few seconds, but I found myself captivated by the lampshade-less lamp over Shoebat’s right shoulder.

What happened to the missing lampshade?!!! DOES HE WEAR IT AS A HAT?!!!

Dr. NicolaLuna
Dr. NicolaLuna

Number Sequence: Maybe he misunderstood what was meant by swallowing sea men?

This made me laugh out loud for about 5 minutes. Still giggling now.

This guy seems like a pleasure. I sincerely hope he never has children. I can’t even cope with the thought of him subjecting his toxic views onto children.

Tanya
Tanya

Ok, so I get that the gays and the freaky people and teh womenz are all bad. but the Yoga?? That’s a bit over the top, dude.

sevenofmine
sevenofmine

@ Miss Andry

Some day there will be an article or blog post about homophobia and nobody will insinuate that the homophobe must be secretly gay himself. Using implied homosexuality as an insult is every bit as homophobic when the person you’re insulting is a homophobe.

J^3 (@JoeKlemmer)
J^3 (@JoeKlemmer)

More like Shoebatshitcrazy.

Andrew
Andrew

I ain’t a dude of Jesus, but um, no, Jesus might flip over the tables of some hypocrites, but he ain’t beating anyone to death. The guy got his ear cut off and said “Hey, do what you gotta do.”

Amused

He reminds me of my father. My father also thinks the sluts who kill their children with abortion should be put to death. Maybe even raped to death by the army in the town square (he advocated the same punishment for Pussy Riot). Among these “sluts” who have “killed children” with abortion? My mother. And his mother. And my mother’s mother.

Like most Russian women, my mother had repeated abortions (at least 3, and and almost certainly more; I’ve known women in Russia who had upwards of 10). In a macho society where birth control pills were unavailable, there were 2 reasons for this: (a) my father didn’t want to have more than one kid — so *I* am the reason for all those subsequent abortions; and (b) it was unthinkable to ask a married man to put on a condom, practice the rhythm method or otherwise limit his sexual pleasure in any way, shape or form. Quite simply, it was the responsiblity of the married woman to keep the husband happy by putting out and quietly “taking care” of the consequences — including by means that were, at least from time to time, illegal, and were also considered immoral by the husband himself. Eventually, after getting pregnant for the umpteenth time, my mother flat out refused to abort. There followed YEARS of psychological abuse, including abuse during the pregnancy clearly calculated to make her miscarry. Yet this is a man who believes only women who abort are responsible for the abortions, and should be put to death.

One time when he made such remarks, I asked him straight up whether he thinks mom should be executed for the three, or four, or eight abortions she had had at his direction.

“You are practicing sophistry,” was his response.

“If you feel abortion is wrong, do you yourself feel at all responsible for all those abortions mom had?”

Incredulous look.

“Why the hell should I feel responsible??? It had nothing to do with me.”

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

You can always tell when a Christian hasn’t actually read the Bible past the point where those three guys gave all their gold and perfume to some female who’d cucked her beta provider.

(God, even sarcastically, that hurt to type.)

mockingbird
mockingbird

Joe.
Dude.
ಠ_ಠ

Tulse
Tulse

Then he definitely has the wrong candidate — that would be Ted Cruz.

Heck, Trump doesn’t think that women should receive any punishment for abortion — at least right at this moment.

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

Ugh, these fucking guys. Even garden-variety “homosexual acts are sinful” people think the Shoebats are dangerous extremists.

About “doth protest too much,” some people really just hate homosexuals without experiencing same-sex attraction themselves. They’re not self-loathing, they’re just loathsome.

mockingbird
mockingbird

@Amused – I can’t wrap my head around that.

I mean, like, at all.

Your father’s views are so obtuse that I’d assume that someone espousing them was being facetious, but I’m going to assume that he was dead serious.

LindsayIrene

So what doesn’t cause cannibalism?

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

So he’s willing to slaughter approximately 33.3% of American women.

Hey, you know, at least it’s internally consistent. If you really, sincerely believe that abortion is murder, you’d almost have to classify it as first-degree murder. In many states that would indeed incur the death penalty.

But jeez, think of the paperwork alone.

@LindsayIrene – oddly enough, having basic needs like food and housing and health care and a decent education have never been known to lead to cannibalism.

Monday Night Football, on the other hand….

eli
eli

Wow, amused. How awful for your mother and for you:(

History Nerd
History Nerd

Walid Shoebat was involved in the right-wing lecture circuit for awhile and claims to be a former Jihadist terrorist with the PLO (which is secular Arab nationalist and wants a European-style Civil Law system in the Palestinian territories, not some attempted copy of the 7th century Arab Empire’s legal system). If it’s true he had Jihadist sympathies as a Muslim then Theodore’s ramblings seem to indicate that his theology only changed superficially.

kupo
kupo

Wait. I just dyed my hair rainbow colors and now he brings up pixie cuts? *Sigh*

Also, dude, you’d probably be surprised how many women in your life have gotten abortions. You can’t kill all of us (women who’ve had abortions, that is).

Nobody Special
Nobody Special

Judas Peckerwood, it’s obvious what happened to the lampshade. No manly man is going to let his manly man’s lamp wear a skirt.

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

Wow what a shitheel, I can only smile and laugh knowing that people having happy lives of their choosing burns him to the core.

lkeke35
lkeke35

Its always amazing to me the number of pro-life people who insist that other people should be put to death. These are people for whom the word “irony” has absolutely no meaning.

@Amused: Wow!

History Nerd
History Nerd

Yes, the garden-variety conservative evangelicals/Catholics/charismatics think Theodore Shoebat is an embarrassment to them.

Miss Andry

@Sevenofmine

I’m not joking about it. Many of the most virulent homophobe repress their sexuality. If anyone recalls Pastor Ted Haggard and Bishop Eddie Long, who also called gays “worthy of death.”

Vanir85
Vanir85

Former Muslim Brotherhood?

That may very well be true.

It’s just that he didn’t *change*. He just *changed sides*.

From Islamic extremism to Christian extremism. His views are the same as before, he just justifies them with a different faith.

runsinbackground
runsinbackground

@Andrew You’re getting your Bible stories a little muddled there; the ear that got cut off belonged to a servant of one of the Jewish officials who arrested Jesus, and St. Peter was the one doing the cutting. This is the story where the saying “live by the sword, die by the sword” comes from. Nevertheless, I don’t think that Shoebat would agree with your characterization of Jesus. He tends to accuse anyone who takes “I come not to bring peace but a sword” as anything other than the words of a bloodthirsty conqueror of calling the Son of God a pussy.

Axecalibur
Axecalibur

Women aren’t “righteous”. They’re people. Some good, some bad, most trying to just be. Nobody needs to live up to your lofty standards. Rather, nobody should stoop to your hateful, bloodthirsty, narcissistic level of abject shittery. Rights aren’t just for the “righteous” (read, looks and acts like me), and anyone who’d deny the agency/humanity of a group cos one ‘doesn’t believe in it’ most definitely isn’t righteous

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

This guy seems happy! I bet his life is fun.

What a surprise that he supports Scrooge McTrump.

Also fuck off Joe Klemmer.

Auden
Auden

@Miss Andry

Long time lurker, but I had to say something. I appreciate that you’re not homophobic, but shit like this comes across as blaming LGBT people for our own oppression. If all the most virulent homophobes are gay themselves, well, we should stop oppressing ourselves, shouldn’t we?

It erases the culpability of straight cis people in homophobic oppression. Instead of, say, straight cis pastors writing bills demanding the execution of LGBT people, it becomes an internal problem for LGBT people. Sure, society might be homophobic and transphobic, but isn’t it just gay people doing it to each other?

There are some homophobic people who are gay themselves. But insinuating that every extreme homophobe is obviously in denial is denying the fact that most homophobes are straight and cis. And you will never be able to tell which is which. There is no ‘clue’ other than an overt scandal.

And even if he’s in the closet? He’s self-hating enough to call for his own murder. I find it strange that anyone would make light or be smug about that.

Alan Robertshaw

I didn’t even realise this guy was real at first. Shoebat sounds like the sort of spoof name you’d give a caricature of a ranting extremist.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

On a positive note, my very conservative mother in law has said she’ll vote for Hillary if it comes down to her and Trump.

bluecat
bluecat

Surely if you have liberal d*ke hair and you clip it, that makes it less liberal and less d*ke? Because less hair.

Hang on though – maybe it’s the clipping that makes it MORE liberal and more woman-loving-woman because less is more when it comes to that.

Do you know, it’s almost as if he hasn’t thought his insults through properly?

@ amused, golly, that is appalling. Best to you and your mother.

@ Lindsay – What doesn’t cause cannibalism? Cannibalism. It’s the only thing left.

@ Alan – I heard he changed the first syllable – originally it was Ding.

Nick Gotts
Nick Gotts

Miss Andry,
I don’t suppose sevenofmine thinks you are joking. Joking or serious, the constant implications that any extreme homophobe is secretly gay are homophobic. Can it.

CriticalDragon1177

David Futrelle,

It sounds like if fraud Walid Shoebat ever really was an Islamic extremist, he abandoned his Islamic extremism for Christian extremism. He simply traded one form of religious fanaticism for another. Otherwise not only would be horrified by the types of things his own son is saying, he would condemn him and speak out against him and others like him.

Andrew
Andrew

@runsinbackground

whoops, thanks

Huggbees
Huggbees

So if we’re going by his logic, men who get women pregent should be punished to right? I mean they have a responsobility to either put a condom on or just put it back in their pants don’t they? Oh that’s right! men don’t have to take responsbility for anything or else it’s misandry I just answered my own question.

Pony's Labia
Pony's Labia

I believe that God fully supports abortion, and in fact thinks abortions are awesome. Who is right? How can you prove God thinks abortion is bad? NEWSFLASH: you can’t.

Kootiepatra

@mockingbird:

Speaking as someone who is quite religious and who teaches a class on the New Testament–yeah, I totally agree with you. Seriously, I see all these white supremacists / loud-n-proud misogynists / alt right / etc., and my brain circuitry fizzles when they invoke Christianity to justify any of it.

I’m not going to pretend that there haven’t been bigoted, scummy, murderous figureheads in Christianity throughout history, but my brain circuitry fizzles in their general direction, too.

“Love your neighbor” is not that hard to understand. Neither is “Love your enemy”, or “We do not fight against flesh and blood”. The New Testament is really unambiguous about this stuff. Argh.

*trots away to headdesk for a bit*

1 2 3