#gamergate #NotYourShield anti-Semitism antifeminism based mom christina hoff sommers drama evil SJWs infighting ironic nazis irony alert literal nazis misogyny red pill red pill women

Anime Nazis turn on Christina Hoff Sommers after she stands up for assaulted reporter

Based mom no more?
Based mom no more?

You may recall how Christina Hoff Sommers, right-wing think tanker and longtime pseudofeminist, was transformed into the idolized “Based Mom” after she cannily jumped aboard the #GamerGate train and started going to events with noted ethical journalist Milo Yiannopoulos?

Now GamerGaters and Anime Nazis and other elements of the Internet’s Trump-loving sh*tlord army are turning on the woman they thought was one of the cool girls.

Sommers’ crime?

She signed a petition in support of Michelle Fields, the former Breitbarter who lost her job after being manhandled by Donald Trump’s campaign manager Corey Lewandowski at a Trump event.

Sommers’ fans — well, ex-fans, really — aren’t taking it well.

Mike Cernovich ‏@Cernovich Never imaged @CHSommers would play the damsel in distress. Uses status as a woman to attack #Trump. Unreal.

Seneca the Shitlord ‏@Crashing00 .@Cernovich What a goddamn shame. @CHSommers was one of the most reasonable voices against this kind of nonsense. Based Mom, no!

alis

David Field ‏@DavidCField @LeahR77 Wait, @CHSommers??? NO BASED MOM!!!! PLS SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

Those were some of the more polite reactions.

Others were a bit more, er, blunt.

DJT_GOP2.0 ‏@MIRightEye .@Cernovich @delcaste @CHSommers When you unleash a pack of she-wolves to bring down Trump, they forfeit the right to be considered ladies.

sue

JakeBradford ‏@jake_bradford_1 Here are some @DLoesch = FAKE FRAUD SJW @KatiePavlich = FAKE FRAUD SJW @CHSommers= FAKE FRAUD SJW Anything to "get Trump" right witches?

Della Gates ‏@DellaGates_1237 @CHSommers u crazy bitch. "He (CL) "roughed her (MF) up"??? UNF*CKING BELIEVABLE. #16Bitches

fauXnetiX ‏@fauXnetiX @stigmata_laudis @CHSommers Amazing after all her talk about men being mistreated she pulls something like this. Then again, she's a jew.

Coby Gaston ‏@rhc_gop @CHSommers I know you apparatchiks hate goyim Trump . You are vile woman . 😬

Ambika Padmalochana ‏@AmbikaPadmaloch @rothbarbarian @Cernovich @AEI How much of @CHSommers's income comes from Israel (that foreign country whose butt Trump doesn't kiss)?

The-VolleyballGod ‏@DaVolleyballGod @Cernovich @jenilynn1001 @CHSommers Devil is here those of us who r aware see Lucifer working to stop Trump, Trump stops Satans plan for USA

But not everyone has deserted this Jewish agent of Lucifer. Sommers has managed to hold on to the endorsement of at least one influential Tweeter.

Space Fire Kittens ‏@SpaceFireKitten @Cernovich @CHSommers I still love base mom even if she does not like trump.

It’s almost touching.

Kale

I actually think this indicates she might actually believe what she says she does rather than just pandering. She took a stand on principle here. Honestly, good for her on that one.

I say this bc I always thought she was a sort of conwoman. I just think it seems like a really clever way to get attention: parrot sexist talking points, but call it feminism so sexists can feel like sexism… isnt.

calmdown
calmdown

@Saphira

I had to look it up on UD myself. so, um guess a cool mom, or down to earth mom?

Social Justice Atheist
Social Justice Atheist

I also hope it’s a lesson to other women outside the “movement” to never get involved with these bigots. If you’re a woman and get involved with them in any way, you will have to walk on eggshells until one of them breaks and then they will send their pack of attack dogs after you.

Even if she doesn’t learn from this, which is very likely, I hope it’s a lesson to any women thinking about having anything to do with these fiends.

Saphira
Saphira

@calmdown Thanks

anon
anon

Holy shit.

Take on step off the narrative and they will tear you apart like piranhas on meth.

OT: Did you guys hear that Milo Yiannopolis farms out his writing to 4channers?

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

@Katz: Yep, you were ninja’d on that on the previous page.

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

It’ll take something on the scale of what they do to Zoe, Brianna and Anita to get the ones who still side with GG and her to start questioning the stability of their position in that particular community.

I like to hope when it inevitably happens like it always does with this group the stragglers would start to jump ship and the rest would be the ones who would have to be individually singled out, by which case there wasn’t really any hope of dragging them out before it was too late.

At least I got this to humor me.

Time to head off to the cute animals and vidya parts of the net, the places that keep me from starting to transplant my perceptions online to real life.

Also it’s Atheist day/April Fools/Release date of God’s Not Dead 2:Electric Boogaloo. I almost want to watch to see how much hate I can balance with riff. Then again remembering the original film I have no intention of funding bigots.

Judas Peckerwood

@Kale

Please. Check out her track record. She’s just working to keep herself commercially viable and lining herself up to be the next Camille Paglia. She’s a the worst kind of soulless pseudo-feminist grifter — please don’t give her oxygen by giving her credit.

The enemy of my enemy IS NOT necessarily my friend in any way. shape or form. Ugh.

EJ (The Other One)

Sommers is a spokesperson for the American Enterprise Institute. For those unfamiliar with that group, it was a prominent neoconservative think tank during the Bush years which has been increasingly sidelined by the fall of neoconservatism and the rise of first the Tea Party and then the Trumpites.

I very much doubt that Sommers is making a stand on principle here or showing humanity towards her fellow woman. This is about internal Republican party fighting: the neoconservatives are turning on Trump and using whatever ammunition they can find to do so.

This has evidently perplexed her #GG followers who only became aware of her when she tried to recruit them as culture-war footsoldiers, and lack the wider perspective on her activities. Based or not, she’s only a mom in the Futurama sense.

(Also, what’s that picture of Zoe Quinn doing photoshopped into the picture of Sommers alongside the doritos and weed? One of these things is not like the others.)

kale
kale

dang, yea prob. but I dont feel bad for wanting to find good in humans lol

calmdown
calmdown

@EJ

Wait, she isn’t a literal mom, but instead has an army of robots? (Actually, that is not totally impossible). If she’s not a mom then I really don’t understand the name…who are her metaphorical children supposed to be?

If I wasn’t feeling sorry for her before, I am now after OoglyBoggles’ gleeful drum-beating.

I’m of the mentality that doesn’t even really like to make the “she’s a shit, but nobody deserves that” kind of comment. In the context of something really bad happening to someone, mentioning that she’s a shit seems superfluous unless there’s some circumstance under which being a shit does make you deserve it.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Are we sure that OoglyBoggles isn’t Pelagic, Scribbles or some other banned gotcha troll?

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

I have a worry that if this continues to effect a big figure of this particular sphere of the internet, is going to create a doubling down of FeMra figures to stay within the increasingly narrow margins of what the MRA define as acceptable parameters for their opinions and behaviors.

The “I wouldn’t want this to happen to me” problem getting solved, not by taking the initiative and getting the hell away from them, instead in becoming a focus point for them (feMra) as an example of something they wouldn’t dare step out of line and do.

A sort of “I’m not like that ‘other’ girl”

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

On-topic: I can’t say I’m surprised, and hopefully this means #GG sealions won’t use the “Not all feminists are radical man-haters! Look at CHS!” talking point/lie anymore, but no, nobody deserves to be harassed. Not even utter arseholes.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@SFHC

I admire your ability to remember the name and behavior of every troll ever. :p

Kat
Kat

@Social Justice Atheist
Don’t feel bad.

After a couple of years of feeling pretty much alone in my intense hatred of George W. Bush and his policies, other people started siding with me.

Then I started feeling sorry for him.

Sometimes I have to ignore my empathy because it can harm me. I don’t want to feel too sorry for people who created problems for themselves–and sometimes everyone else in the world.

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

@SFHC

There once was a person named CHS,
Whose actions have caused many great distress,
With a single action,
She alienated a faction
And may face much duress.

I thought a little humor was needed. But if you want I’ll keep those things to myself and I apologize if I came off as someone who’s okay with harassment if it’s my pet issue. I only wished to express my frustration at how many in that group are often those don’t realize what’s going to happen until it’s too late.

@Jamesworkshop
Yeah I feel the same way. I’m positive that if this doesn’t make a canary in a cave scenario in their minds, nothing will.

Here’s a facebook with people having fun with baby sharks in the wild for a more positive note.

@Kat
I envy you, honestly I feel I’d be a much better person if I was capable of having that much empathy for others.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@calmdown:
The #GGers call her “mom” because they feel the need to pigeonhole women into neat social roles, and she’s smart enough to play along with that in order to get them to do what she wants. Like Mom in Futurama, she affects a demure, charming public demeanor to this end. Unlike Mom in Futurama, she doesn’t have three lovable stooges to rant to (that I’m aware of.)

@Kat, SJA:
Your empathy speaks extremely well of you. Humans are very good at dehumanising those we hate and Othering those we see harmed by our actions; the fact that you avoid this makes you both excellent people.

occasional reader
occasional reader

> Tulse
“Project Milo”, really ? Why not Venus ? I do not know if it is a huge ego or just narcissism, but i guess the next step is, like Caesar, to speak about himself at the third person…
Writing two books take him too much of his time, at a point where he needs ghostwritters ? I can not wait to read these books which, as it seems to drain all his time and energy (when he is not on tweeter) : they sure are going to be big (in term of pages and in term of hits), at least the size of an encyclopedia !
The way he presents this… He is not even ashamed a bit. I can not really tell, but i think that almost all journalists write their articles themselves, even if they may use other people to check facts for them. But, ha ! It is ethic in journalism, mind you…

Mark
Mark

Welcome to the future USSA – Where women think it’s a feminine right to strip men of due process and presumption of innocence and to destroy men’s lives based on accusations alone.

Feminists are the most cancerous of idiots on the face of the earth. The fraudulent statistics used to create the bogus “rape culture” hysteria on college campuses are the work of feminists too. Now you have college men being expelled whenever accused of sexual assault – via kangaroo courts made up of N Korea like feminist faculty – regardless of evidence being in the accused favor.

Reminds me of the Ghomeshi trial – where feminists are demanding that the justice system be modified to accommodate women that lie under oath, withhold evidence and collude to destroy men’s lives.

F-E-M-I-N-A-Z-I

Pietro_McM
Pietro_McM

Trump really is King of the Trolls.

calmdown
calmdown

@EJ

Wow, it’s funny that I needed Urban Dictionary and your explanation just to understand some made up #GG internet name for CHS. Either I’m old, or most of what these people say makes no sense(or both). Sometimes it really does seems like just a bunch of random memes and words blended together with mountain dew, anime girls and racism.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

To be clear: I’m not saying she isn’t worth our sympathy and empathy because she deserves it or is a shitty person, but because what is happening here just isn’t a big deal at this point.

She doesn’t deserve these kinds of racist, sexist, awful tweets. Nobody deserves this. But “nobody deserves that” in the same sense that “nobody deserves” to come home to a broken water heater, and there is a categorical difference between a broken water heater and a house that is flooded with backed-up sewage for weeks.

I’m not willing to mix the two up. Women are not fragile flowers who swoon when the water heater breaks, and who need the garner the emotional support of all the other women around them when that happens. CHS doesn’t need my pity or support for this kind of thing. She doesn’t deserve this, but she also doesn’t require support in order to deal with it. When and if her sewer backs up and her house is flooded with horror, then my support will be ready and willing. Until then, there are better subjects for my emotional energy.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@calmdown:
The language of trolls is a strange one and not easily understood by the uninitiated.

There was once a truly bizarre incident here at WHTM where a *chan thread started watching us and we started watching them, and both groups were mocking the other. Revealingly, their mockery was mostly “Oh god, normies!” and “they can’t understand us!” as if those were virtues.

Most political groups work hard to make their message understandable to outsiders.By contrast, these people seem to glory in their obscurantism.

Jarnsaxa
Jarnsaxa

I hope they don’t give her the full Zoe/Anita treatment. 🙁

Incidentally, I’ve actually had a reporter tell me it wasn’t that big of a deal and reporters should expect to be shoved around if they’re doing their jobs.

That reporter was wrong. In 10 years I’ve never been attacked physically on the job, and I don’t think we should have to expect that, especially at a major party’s political rally in the US. That’s not a war zone, it’s not even controversial; they ask us to be there to give them free publicity, for pete’s sake!

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I’d also like to point out the double-bind here. On the one hand, there is strong pressure for women to be nurturing and caring, and to perform emotional labor whenever anyone is in pain or experiences even a slight nuisance. There is also pressure for feminists, in particular, to avoid saying bad things about other women.

On the other hand, there is a stereotype about feminists that they overreact to tiny things and want to wrap women in cotton so that they never get bruised, and there is pressure for feminists to “prove” this stereotype wrong.

Each of us needs to navigate this double-bind in a way that makes the most sense for that person. However, if you feel conflicted about this, you should be aware that there is a good reason for that. And if you need permission to navigate the double-bind in a way that doesn’t involve pouring out compassion for CHS, you have it. You also have permission to navigate it by pouring out your compassion for CHS. There is no way to win, which I choose to interpret that there is also no real way to lose.

Pol
Pol

Jarnsaxa.Yes! I like your comment very much. Who did you report for?

And yes, oh it’s not a , “war zone”… Even though that’s exactly what they would like to make it. Isn’t it?

This is the last gasp of the desperate. And I would like to wish them the best. They are people too after all. And yes, even if we do not agree with them politically.

tricyclist
tricyclist

@OoglyBoggles

That video is really not complying with the comments policy either.

Huggbees
Huggbees

Wait, the GamerGate crowd is attacking her to? I thought GamerGate was all for jounalism ethics? Breitbart threw one of their own reporters under the bus because they didn’t want to get on the bad side of Trump you’d think the GamerGate folks will be all over Brietbart for this guess not. This proves that their “It’s all about ethics in game journalism” line is full of shit.

Moggie
Moggie

Ugh. From that buzzfeed article about the fakeness of Milo:

Elsewhere in the video clip, “milo” writes, “does anyone need anything else from Daddy tonight?”

His daddy issues are really creepy.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Now I imagine “think tanker” as a large tanker ship that constantly sails the ocean of communication, filled with mildly toxic status quo that’s been processed into moderate conservative philosophy.

A “tank thinker” would be a heavy assault machine that roams the culture war battlefield, trampling opposition, firing truth bombs, impervious to criticism.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

What exactly was the problem with the video OoglyBoggles linked? I thought it was quite funny.

If you’re referring to the ableist word in the thumbnail, that’s actually a screenshot from the thunderf00t video that this guy is responding to. Maybe a bad decision to put that specific image as a thumbnail.

Kootiepatra

So this is not about video game journalism, and it’s not even about feminism, and GG still feels like they have been betrayed. Okay then.

It’s almost like they don’t care about anything but humiliating and silencing women.

Also, this is reminding me so much of the “equal rights, equal lefts” chestnut. No, it’s not about self-defense or domestic violence. It never has been. It’s about wanting to manhandle women without consequence.

calmdown
calmdown

An ad for this site appeared here and it seemed a bit off? “because this psychology can bypass a woman’s decision making process, it’s possible to implant anything you want. Using an experimental technology to make a woman become sexually addicted to you…” I mean, I know it’s BS but eww.

Patricia Kayden
Patricia Kayden

Went quickly to antisemitism. Interesting how unless you are White White White, you are subject to abuse even if you are on their side.

I’m sure that Sommers wouldn’t have signed a similar petition had the reporter been a Black female or liberal/progressive.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

@calmdown

I don’t want to click on that link and read the whole thing but ewwwww. Not only is all that fucking Red Pill-esque psychology stuff bullshit, it always creeps me to the bone when certain sites aimed at men promote stuff like “trick her mind into desiring you!” instead of you know, actually working to become desirable. Their psuedo-science nonsense wouldn’t necessarily work in the first place, unless they’re promoting actual abusive tactics, but they still feel it’s OK to manipulate women into sex in a way they believe to be just short of hypnotism. Rape culture, people.

In other news, Murphy’s Law dictates that the day I finally get to see a doctor about a problem, the problem has gone down overnight and isn’t as bad. Gah. I’m sure it’ll flare up again by the end of the weekend though.

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

@calmdown
I’m getting actual shivers and nausea from reading that. “Three tips to bypass the female brain into having sex with you”, totally not some shady thing. Persecution complex too, yep sounds like a PUA article.

Oh no it’s 45 minutes long, to Niflheim to that. I’d rather watch something worth my time and won’t make me simmer in rage with the idea that someone, somewhere is using this on someone solely to get their rocks off, or worse think this is how a happy, healthy relationship is supposed to start off.

@SunnySombrera
Ouch I hope you get better with whatever you have, sounds like a pain.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

To me, the worrying thing about that “trick women into sleeping with you” nonsense that there’s a market for it. People are willing to suspend their disbelief because they want it to be true.

Ack. I need a shower, and I need to have some stern words with certain members of my gender because they’ve got some deeply worrying unexamined attitudes.

@sunnysombrera:
I hope the problem doesn’t come back in an unpleasant way. I wish you good health.

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

@EJ (The Other One)
Yeah same here. That market is chock full of insecure men who want something other than rejection but either don’t know how or don’t want to change their ways, and straight up sociopaths/predators. It’s unnerving for me to imagine some guy on the street who thinks that, without any dissonance in his head, that women are this puzzle box and sex comes pouring out like a jackpot if you input the magic words.

maghavan
maghavan

“Using an experimental technology to make a woman become sexually addicted to you…”

You mean, like this

Skiriki
Skiriki

women are this puzzle box

Based on how some people talk about women, it sure feels more like they think Hellraiser is a documentary.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ sunnysombrera

I think thats actually a recognised phenomena (there may even be a name for it). Something to do with body chemistry changing when your mind realises that you’ll be getting treatment so your anxiety levels drop.

I hope all goes well regardless.

Moggie
Moggie

Up up down down left right left right B A

What do you mean, cheat codes don’t work on women? You must be hitting the wrong buttons!

For a while, I was getting spam promising this One Weird Trick which women are powerless to resist. How does anyone fall for that? You would need to have never spoken to a woman ever! Maybe if you were grown in a vat and raised by robots?

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

@Moggie
Simple all you do is consider your mom to be nice/older generation.

And believe your generation of women to be depraved sluts that crave the cock carousel.

TiredTexan
TiredTexan

Everything appears to be about power for MRAs. Who gets to complain, whose opinions and feelings matter, whose work contributes, who deserves empathy. Those in the tribe matter. Those outside? Depends solely on whether they are towing the line or not, and whether they are serving the interests of the tribe’s god-given right to control.

CHS was never a part of the tribe, nor was Fields. They were useful to support the tribe, and tolerated so long as they did so. Now that CHS and Fields have challenged the right of a politically powerful white male to physically abuse women at will, these two women no longer serve the tribe, and thus deserve all the scorn, loss of employment, gaslighting, physical abuse and intimidation they incur. They deserve everything and anything done to them that serves to enforce the tribe’s dominance of speech, of value, of safety, of income.

Thus, morality is not measured by the actions of a person, but rather by the membership of the person in the tribe. Acts done for the benefit of enforcing dominance are fine, no matter how brutal to those on the receiving end. The same act done by someone outside the tribe is immediately condemned as immoral, if that act is directed at a member of the tribe.

Enforcement of the power of the tribe is their only morality. That’s why they are so endlessly hypocritical and so consistently inconsistent.

It’s hard to watch fan girls of the boys club discover this harsh reality when they stray from their appointed roles.

Orion
Orion

The answer may shock you. One weird trick misogynists are powerless to resist.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

Was it discovered by a mom (doctors hate her!)?

Freemage
Freemage

@calmdown:

Yeah, the Google ads that come up here are often kinda skeevy. That’s because the algorithm they use to select the ads (which I believe is based off the blog’s content) can’t distinguish between positive and negative commentary. So ripping apart PUAs and praising them are both read by the bots as “readers of this blog are interested in pick-up techniques”. We also periodically get the ads that at least try to imply that they’re pushing wardrobe malfunction shots of cheerleaders, models and other female celebrities.

To which I say “ew”.