#gamergate #NotYourShield anti-Semitism antifeminism based mom christina hoff sommers drama evil SJWs infighting ironic nazis irony alert literal nazis misogyny red pill red pill women

Anime Nazis turn on Christina Hoff Sommers after she stands up for assaulted reporter

Based mom no more?
Based mom no more?

You may recall how Christina Hoff Sommers, right-wing think tanker and longtime pseudofeminist, was transformed into the idolized “Based Mom” after she cannily jumped aboard the #GamerGate train and started going to events with noted ethical journalist Milo Yiannopoulos?

Now GamerGaters and Anime Nazis and other elements of the Internet’s Trump-loving sh*tlord army are turning on the woman they thought was one of the cool girls.

Sommers’ crime?

She signed a petition in support of Michelle Fields, the former Breitbarter who lost her job after being manhandled by Donald Trump’s campaign manager Corey Lewandowski at a Trump event.

Sommers’ fans — well, ex-fans, really — aren’t taking it well.

Mike Cernovich ‏@Cernovich Never imaged @CHSommers would play the damsel in distress. Uses status as a woman to attack #Trump. Unreal.

Seneca the Shitlord ‏@Crashing00 .@Cernovich What a goddamn shame. @CHSommers was one of the most reasonable voices against this kind of nonsense. Based Mom, no!

alis

David Field ‏@DavidCField @LeahR77 Wait, @CHSommers??? NO BASED MOM!!!! PLS SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

Those were some of the more polite reactions.

Others were a bit more, er, blunt.

DJT_GOP2.0 ‏@MIRightEye .@Cernovich @delcaste @CHSommers When you unleash a pack of she-wolves to bring down Trump, they forfeit the right to be considered ladies.

sue

JakeBradford ‏@jake_bradford_1 Here are some @DLoesch = FAKE FRAUD SJW @KatiePavlich = FAKE FRAUD SJW @CHSommers= FAKE FRAUD SJW Anything to "get Trump" right witches?

Della Gates ‏@DellaGates_1237 @CHSommers u crazy bitch. "He (CL) "roughed her (MF) up"??? UNF*CKING BELIEVABLE. #16Bitches

fauXnetiX ‏@fauXnetiX @stigmata_laudis @CHSommers Amazing after all her talk about men being mistreated she pulls something like this. Then again, she's a jew.

Coby Gaston ‏@rhc_gop @CHSommers I know you apparatchiks hate goyim Trump . You are vile woman . 😬

Ambika Padmalochana ‏@AmbikaPadmaloch @rothbarbarian @Cernovich @AEI How much of @CHSommers's income comes from Israel (that foreign country whose butt Trump doesn't kiss)?

The-VolleyballGod ‏@DaVolleyballGod @Cernovich @jenilynn1001 @CHSommers Devil is here those of us who r aware see Lucifer working to stop Trump, Trump stops Satans plan for USA

But not everyone has deserted this Jewish agent of Lucifer. Sommers has managed to hold on to the endorsement of at least one influential Tweeter.

Space Fire Kittens ‏@SpaceFireKitten @Cernovich @CHSommers I still love base mom even if she does not like trump.

It’s almost touching.

Beroli
Beroli

News at 11: Crab who dedicated herself to pulling other crabs back into the bucket discovers she’s still going to be boiled.

I hope she learns from this. I truly do.

Lea
Lea

There is video of the assault and these fuckwits still claim the woman is lying?

Of course.

Three Snakes

Why is anyone surprised that a culture of ignorance begets people who herd together like sheep yet tear each other apart like a pack of wolves?

Judas Peckerwood

I’m shocked — SHOCKED — that Trump supporters would resort to sexist and antisemitic attacks on Sommers just for breaking out of goose step — uh, I mean LOCKstep — with the shitlord army. Sad!

C.S.Strowbridge
C.S.Strowbridge

Beroli: “I hope she learns from this. I truly do.”

I hope others learn from this. I don’t care about her.

She claimed false rape accusations were a bigger threat in the United States, despite the fact than men are more likely to be raped than falsely accused of rape.

rikame
rikame

@Beroli your analogy is flawless. Since she’s on the AEI’s payroll, I can’t wait to see how she tries to backpedal.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Despite her taking pleasure in seeing other women get harassed and abused, I wish she didn’t have to put up with harassment and abuse. Having said that… ow my tongue

A wolverine
A wolverine

Yeah because trump didn’t just friggin speak in front of AIPAC the other day about how much he supports the damned likudniks

Monzach
Monzach

How are the mighty fallen, Lucifer, son of the morning.

(With apologies to the Prophet Isaiah.)

weirwoodtreehugger

they forfeit the right to be considered ladies

If there are any feMRAs or #notyourshields reading this, please repeat the above over and over again. That is the fate of nearly every “cool girl” who stands with misogyny. This is how you get repaid for all your efforts to be not like all those other women.

Misogynists are always, always waiting for an excuse to consider you no longer a lady. They are eager to turn on you. Throwing your fellow women under the bus does not ensure your safety.

How many more times does something like this have to happen before you get it?

leftwingfox
leftwingfox

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

What’s that? A woman who sided with misogynists was turned on by said misogynists when she stood up for a woman who was obviously assaulted by the misogynists’ based Flavor-of-the-Week (and there’s proof to show they did)?

Say it ain’t so. [/sarcasm]

She doesn’t deserve harassment and abuse, even though she’s still a repugnant person.

Though, no amount of “I told you so”s would be enough to sway other women from siding with these guys. Just look at some of the tweets.

ATTENTION GG WOMEN/LGBT FOLKS/PoC:
These assholes don’t give a shit about you. They just like having you around as their shield. “I don’t hate women/LGBT people/PoC!” they proclaim as they trot you out like a show pony. “Look, a woman/LGBT person/PoC who agrees with us! Obviously we’re not misogynists/homophobes/racists, because this woman/LGBT person/PoC has decided to join us!”

“That won’t happen to me! I’m with friends who respect me and want to hear what I have to say!” You might say.

But here’s the facts: If “based mom” isn’t safe, none of you are. If you step out of their lines, even once, you’ll be chewed up and spit out. They do not give a fuck about you unless you stroke their egos and never disagree with them like some kind of sentient prop for their justification.

And before you insist that they’re really not racist/homophobic/sexist/what-have-you: You might not think so, but maybe you should give a listen to people who think they are to hear why they think so instead of just dismissing them out of hand.

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

So based mommy and anime daddy trump are in conflict.

Funny that she is losing compared to a man with almost zero connection to any MRA topical figures, that trump most likely doesn’t even pay any attention to.

With all that massaging of entitled, patriarchal, menzer’s over the years, has it all been worth it?

dlouwe
dlouwe

(that foreign country whose butt Trump doesn’t kiss)

So, Trump kisses the butt of every other country?

Mike
Mike

1. Can anyone fill me in on the provenance of the header image? I’ve seen it before and find it kinda fascinating, but I don’t know why it exists.

2. The whole Trump phenomenon really has given us some delightful schadenfreude in the form of jerky conservatives turning against each other; it’ll be a whole lot less delightful if he actually wins the presidency, though.

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

He deserves it. I don’t care how in my head she supposedly shouldn’t have to deal with the abuse of GG. This is as poetic a punishment as she deserves. Throw her to the wolves, let her lie in the mess she made. Sympathy towards her is like salt to a thirsty man. I sincerely hope the rest of the women GG’ers learn from her, that this is what happens when you express any form of dissent. Or better yet let GG eat them too, it’d make a better example and take out more of those “but really I’m only in it for ethics in gaem journalism”, “I’m totally not that bad”, “she was not really one of us”.

K
K

Oh, come on, you know feMRAs only do it because they have a bad case of Stockholm syndrome. They do it because they want male attention – from abusive assholes.

dlouwe
dlouwe

@OoglyBoggles

I take a zero tolerance policy on abuse and harassment. The target doesn’t matter. No amount of poetry justifies that kind of behavior.

rick
rick

When the freedom feminist goes full “SJW” on your campaign, you can probably take it as a sign that you’re losing the female voting demographic entirely.

Also… Cernovich… he such a cartoon character… even his voice sounds like Mel Blanc parodying the manosphere!

History Nerd
History Nerd

I think she was overly naive and didn’t know what she was getting herself into in siding with GamerGate and Milo. GGers are not like the “normal” annoying fringe right-wingers you have to pander to as part of your job at AEI.

Bina

Wow, that “VolleyballGod” dude has taken one too many balls to the head. Now he’s seeing devils where none are. And Der Drumpf as Jesus. A serial adulterer who assaulted his first wife when their marriage was breaking down. I can’t even.

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

@dlouwe
It is the more moral position to take and certainly the better position to be against harassment period. I just feel like this is the only way to get these sorts to fully understand who they’re grouping up with, since literally anything else is met with more denial and lies than a Breitbart article.

darkstatistic
darkstatistic

I guess she figured she’s sold as many books to gators as she could. I’m sure there’s a new, fresh pasture somewhere. Perhaps embattled or mistreated conservative women? She and Megyn Kelly could go on tour together now that she’s done with Milo. It would beef up her feminist cred without sacrificing too much of her conservative cred, if she plays it right. I mean, that’s probably the next big thing — the “reasonable” conservative woman, in opposition to Trump. It might be the only chance the GOP has to redeem itself.

ColeYote
ColeYote

And this is what happens when you pander to bigots in hopes that they’ll overlook the fact that you’re a target of their bigotry. Disagree with them once, and they’ll turn on you in an instant.

@Leftwingfox: good choice.

darkstatistic
darkstatistic

And yeah, for the record, no one deserves harassment. However, I find it really hard to believe that she, a relatively intelligent woman, could look at what gators have done and think that the situation was okay and not realize that it was always a hair’s-breadth away from happening to her.

Nah, she used them. Out of principle I’ll say she doesn’t deserve what happens next, but I don’t think she cares at all what the Twitter mob says or does. In fact, she’ll use it to her advantage as she promotes herself as the true, reasonable, conservative feminist that totally gets the sexism thing, guys, but totally overcame it unlike those whiny liberal women.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

@WWTH
@Paradoxy

Exactly what I was thinking. feMRAs and all the other “cool girls” that side with misogynists in order to feel included: you’re not a member of the Boys’ Club and you never will be. They don’t like you. They don’t like you. They may praise you whenever you stroke their little egos and preach what they want to hear, but deep down they share the same hatred for you as for any other woman, because you’re a woman. They will never accept you for who you are, no matter how hard you try to prove that you’re “not like other girls.” You’re just another feeeeeemale to them, and they tolerate you as long as you dance on their puppet strings accordingly. They only want you for what you can give them.

The second you show any sign of independent thought, they’ll turn on you mercilessly and rip you apart. They’ll never forgive you for a second. All it takes is half a toe over the line for you to lose everything you worked for. Because you’re trying to be friends with horrid, bigoted assholes who include you, yes YOU, on their Enemy List even if they tell you otherwise. You are not an exception. I repeat: you are NOT an exception.

History Nerd
History Nerd

There’s a difference between ordinary bigots and unapologetic abusers who are organizing politically to threaten anyone who wants to hold them accountable. She committed the unforgivable crime of saying that there need to be some consequences for Lewandowski’s actions. They’re resentful that they’re subject to any moral limits on their behavior towards women.

If you’re a FeMRA, the boys’ club is never for you. They just use you for as long as you’re convenient.

leftwingfox
leftwingfox

Colette: Thanks! It was that or Schadenfreude from Avenue Q, but ultimately this one was more appropriate.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

Standing up for women is an unforgivable crime in some circles, and some of those group have very flexible definitions of “standing up for women.” Some women, unfortunately, keep believing they’ll be exempt, because that’s the pack of likes they’ve been sold: be a good girl, and we won’t attack you. Until we decide you’re no longer a good girl.

Shalimar
Shalimar

Sommers doesn’t deserve harassment and abuse. On the other hand, let’s face It, harassing and abusing women is what they do every waking hour. At least this distracts them for a brief period from gaslighting Fields.

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

Mike, CHS isn’t playing “demoiselle en détresse” Where did she claim she was personally assaulted by all of this?

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

This. And their definition of “good girl” can be very flexible as well. It’s just another case of heads they win, tails women lose.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@sunnysombrera

Yeah, the only constant part of their “good girl” definition is “doesn’t do stuff that annoys us.”

ETA: Good grief, so many typos in my original comment. I must be too tired to proofread.

“Satan’s plan for USA” LMFAO

What are Satan’s plans for the other countries?

And what is God’s supposed plan for the US? Let me guess…to have ‘Murica win and dominate all other countries. Oh, and to be all-white as well. And possibly all-male.

Social Justice Atheist

And yeah, nobody deserves harassment and abuse. Not even Roosh the Horrible Doosh would deserve to be harassed and abused.

I can’t help but feel sorry for her. I don’t want to, but I can’t help feeling that way anyway.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Don’t bother. The disappointment of Twitter bros has no impact on her. She hasn’t been run out of her house by threats or anything. Save your pity for when/if she is forced to move to a hotel for a few days by the hate machine.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Time for Trump to sue their stupid idiotic asses.

For… for what? For publicly criticizing him for failing to fire Lewandowski? Man, you folks are all about freeze peach until someone criticizes your great authoritarian saviour. Then, apparently, it’s a matter for the courts.

@PoM

I’m just afraid that it could possibly escalate. Wouldn’t be the first time. Angry bigots can be, and often are, brutal and violent. Especially when a woman does something they don’t like. I know right now it’s just a bunch of twitter assholes, but it could potentially turn into more violent and threatening forms of harassment. That’s the only thing I’m worried about.

I don’t want to feel sorry for her. I really don’t. She’s an awful person. It’s just hard not to feel somewhat sorry for someone with so much internalized misogyny and so much naivety with what she was getting herself into. I know feeling like this is irrational, but…IDK.

For most rational people, (not her) this would be a wake-up call that maybe the individuals she was surrounding herself with were toxic as hell. But I strongly, strongly doubt it.

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

Let’s hope some of the new Twitter attitude toward harassment helps stop the worst people from continuing to target her.

That’d be some poetic justice.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

@SJA

If it escalates, then I might feel sorry for her, too. But right now she’s just experiencing some shade from a few disaffected ex-fans. I haven’t seen any evidence that there is a zeitgeist moving against her, or that she is being harassed. I think we all know the difference between angry tweets and harassment, and if this has crossed that line it has happened outside my knowledge.

Asserting that angry tweets and harassment are the same is exactly the argument that harassers make. They claim equivalence in order to claim that their harassment is not anything of the sort – it’s just a few angry tweets. I give that argument a hard side-eye, and I’m not less skeptical of it when it comes from a more compassionate position.

If this becomes harassment, then I will start feeling sorry for CHS, but I’m not willing to equate what we see here with harassment. Nothing good can come of that.

@PoM

Oh, I wasn’t trying to say that it was harassment already. I know it’s just angry twitter comments right now. I was just expressing that I was worried that it might devolve into harassment, which could easily happen when you’re dealing with horrible people like this.

Also, even if it is not harassment right now, I feel sorry for her because she got involved with those bigots in the first place. I feel sorry for any woman who has. They turn on women just like that. I know she is an awful person as well, but as I said the way I feel right now isn’t very rational. I know it’s not. It’s a purely emotional response, I admit it.

But yeah, wasn’t trying to equate it with harassment as it is now, but just saying that it could potentially turn into harassment. Maybe I should have picked better word choices.

I know sometimes I feel sorry for people that I shouldn’t, that don’t deserve it. One of my weaknesses. Just the way I am. I know she doesn’t deserve it though. Eh.

kupo
kupo

@SJA
That’s not a weakness; it’s a sign of strong moral character to be able to empathize with others, even when they’re awful to you. You just need to be careful how you use that empathy. Don’t make excuses for them or ignore the bad behavior, but it can be very useful to help bring someone over to your side if you can get inside their head, and empathy will help you to do that.

CPphazor
CPphazor

@Tulse: So much for Milo’s ‘ethics’ eh?

Somewhere in my pipe dreams I can imagine the private eye roasting him but they usually only go after big print rags :/

@kupo

Having a lot of empathy is good, but I will admit that sometimes it has been a weakness in the past because it is harder for me to stand up to or call out people who are behaving badly. To me or to others. I am terrified of confrontation a lot of times, and prefer to empathize even with people I shouldn’t. I often times try to find common ground or find a way to see them as more human, even if they are despicable. Which I suppose isn’t 100% bad per se, but can really make you feel sorry for the wrong people sometimes or in situations where it is not appropriate or out of proportion to the situation. And sometimes people step all over you because of it too.

I can recognize bad behavior in an instant, but I have trouble calling it out sometimes because I don’t like hurting peoples’ feelings. That is something I really need to work on. But anyway…back to discussion of CH Sommers. Don’t wanna derail.

P.S. Sorry for teal deering away/derail

Lkeke35
Lkeke35

Social Justice Atheist:
I don’t think it’s about whether or not she deserves your compassion. You recognize the humanity in her that she and her detractors refuse to see in others, and although it may cause some mixed feelings, that’s not a bad thing. Remembering that she’s a human being, helps you not to become whatever she is/was.

That mixed feeling is that sense of karma. She lay herself down with (metaphorically) wild dogs and now she’s picking up fleas. I hope she learns from the experience, but remember this is a mistake SHE made, because of her own personal weaknesses, and you are not responsible for that.

Some people can only learn things the hard way, and sometimes not even then. It sounds cold but people like her make such mistakes all day, every day. Some people don’t learn not to bite others until they are bitten.

Saphira
Saphira

If you’re going to ride such a tiger, then you should really expect such a mauling if you choose to dismount. I find it hard to feel sorry for her even though I don’t condone harassment.

What the heck does “Based Mom” mean anyway?

@LKeke35

Yeah, you’re absolutely right. Maybe this will end up being a lesson for her. Doubt it because people like her usually never learn, but we can always hope.

1 2 3