4chan empathy deficit entitled babies literal nazis matt forney militias threats trump

Trump’s Brownshirts? Trump supporters threaten to take up arms, form militias

This space used to contain a picture of Breitbart "journalist" Milo Yiannopoulos brandishing a gun while holding a Trump banner, but I took it down at the request of the other dude in the picture, known as DJ Pop A Titty Out. Click to see the original pic.
This space used to contain a picture of Breitbart “journalist” Milo Yiannopoulos brandishing a gun while holding a Trump banner, but I took it down at the request of the other dude in the picture, known as DJ Pop A Titty Out. Click pic above to see the original.

This election gets scarier by the day. It seems only a matter of time before someone gets shot. And if there are going to be shots fired, more than a few supporters of Donald Trump want to make sure they’re the ones doing the shooting.

On Twitter, and elsewhere online, Trump supporters are talking openly about bringing guns to political rallies and polling places. Some are actually taking steps to form some kind of Trump militia.

The living sack of human garbage that is Matt Forney recently Tweeted these suggestions for fellow Trump lovers:

Unfortunately, Forney isn’t the only Trump supporter talking about guns.

Meanwhile, discredited right-wing hack “journalist” Chuck C. Johnson posted the alarming picture below on Facebook, promising to “use the Second [amendment]” against  — that is, to shoot — anyone he think is threatening Trump’s right to free speech , even though he personally supports Ted Cruz.

chuckjohnson

Johnson took the post down, but not before it was screenshotted by Charles Johnson, a non-discredited journalist who unfortunately, and rather confusingly, shares the same first and last name as the dude with the red hair and beard pictured above.

Other Trump supporters think that their candidate needs to have a somewhat more organized army of Second Amendment fetishists to protect him from the “bad people” he talks about so much.

Like, say, a militia.

Hire them? I’m fairly certain most “militia” members would be happy to do it for free. Earlier this month, in fact, the FBI arrested the co-chair of Veterans for Trump in New Hampshire on an assortment of charges related to his alleged participation in the armed standoff at Bundy Ranch in Nevada in 2014.

But hiring or otherwise working with Bundy’s militia may not be necessary, as Trump may soon have an unofficial militia of his own.

Yesterday, RT.com reports, a new Twitter account announced the formation of something called “The Lion’s Guard,” describing itself as

[a]n informal civilian organization dedicated to protecting the safety and security of innocent, peaceful Trump supporters from violent Far-Left agitators.

While the group would remain unarmed, the organizer pledged, it would  be “willing to forcefully protect people if need be.”

Whoever was behind the Twitter account took it down within hours, citing threats.

But in that brief stretch of time, RT.com reports, the account was able to pick up 500 followers and a good deal of support from other Trump fans on Twitter, including many on the far right who presumably already own the requisite brown shirts and swastika armbands.

Meanwhile, over on clickhate tabloid The Daily Stormer (partially archived here), the regulars are if anything even more enthusiastic about The Lion’s Guard than their counterparts on Twitter — though some of them seem to have forgotten the bit about the group being unarmed.

st3 st4 st5 st7

On 4chan’s Trump-loving, fascist-friendly /pol/ board (archived here), some are talking about trying to resurrect The Lion’s Guard on their own.

Twitter: twitter.com/realLionsGuard Chat: chatstep.com/#Lions_Guard The Lion's Guard has been recreated to help protect Trump supporters from the violence which has been growing over the past few days. The Lion's Guard is formed to be an unarmed, nonviolent civilian organization dedicated to protecting the safety of peaceful, nonviolent Trump supporters from the far-left, or others who would want to do them harm. The original creator was forced to delete his account due to threats against his children. Therefore, it only makes sense to bring in as many Trump supporters as we can, so not only can we protect people in public and over the internet but we can also protect ourselves

Whether or not The Lion’s Guard is resurrected, by its founder or by sympathetic Trump fans on 4chan or somewhere else, it’s clear that the idea of a “Trump militia” has an appeal to many of the orange-faced demagogue’s fans — and not just Daily Stormer readers posting pictures of a well-armed Pepe.

Writer Sarah Kendzior, who spent many hours with Trump supporters while waiting in line to see The Donald on his recent visit to St. Louis, noted in a piece for the Guardian that

Several Trump fans vowed that the next time, they would come armed. Some warned that if Trump was not chosen by Republicans, a militia would rise up to take him to power.

On Twitter, other Trump fans are making similarly chilling “predictions” and threats.

Normally, I would dismiss this sort of talk as empty blathering. But this time this talk is attached to a dangerous demagogue who’s managed to rile up a very noisy minority of disaffected white people, millions strong, many of them already heavily armed.

If even a fraction of those people “march on DC” or anywhere else, the results could be bloody. I really hope that things aren’t heading where they seem to be heading, because that’s a very dark place indeed.

C.S.Strowbridge
C.S.Strowbridge

Ohio is an open carry state. I am really worried there will be a lot of violence at the GOP convention this year and someone, or multiple people, will be shot and killed.

Ddog
Ddog

Watching from my own fairly peaceful little island where the biggest news story last week was two rural politicians holding a celebratory céilí (traditional Irish party) in a street in our main city, this is scary.

I don’t know if it’s just a very vocal and scary minority or if there actually is a massive Tinder box waiting to blow. It seems like this is just the beginning of some huge blow up. This is democracy at work, he’s a hateful piece of wealthy shit but the scariest thing is the people following him and voting for him. Also I find the protests strange. News here has reported that protesters got a rally shut down, I don’t understand that. Surely that just plays into his hands? He gets to claim democracy is being thwarted and all that shit.

From the outside looking in this looks like a massive clusterfuck. It has the hallmarks of the beginning of a civil war :/ also from my side of the Atlantic, seeing interviews and reading up on it, its sadly not just angry white dudes siding with him.

All empires collapse from within and unfortunately that appears to be what’s happening.

Garen Truscott
Garen Truscott

Lying Guard?

GiJoel
GiJoel

Hopefully they’ll show their usual bumbling competence and alienate the rest of the country that isn’t angry, white dudes.

Though President Trump is a scary prospect. Especially if he decides to throw his supporters to the trash.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

All their swaggering blather makes me more determined to vote for somebody other than Trump this November.

bluecat
bluecat

@ Ddog

What I understand about the “protesters shut down a rally” is that this is Trump’s spin on it, and they didn’t.

What actually happened, I gather, is that Trump allowed the auditorium to fill up with his supporters and some people who were intending to protest (it must have been predictable that they would be there) and then announced he wasn’t going to go on, leaving a whole bunch of angry, disappointed people in a confined space with very little security.

He claims he was advised not to appear by the Chicago police: the Chicago police deny giving him such advice. In any case, it would be a funny old police force which advised him to bail after the hall was filled. The way to announce a cancellation is surely before the doors open – and instead of the doors opening.

I’m watching all this from an archipelago slightly to the east of your own fair island, mind you. The press here have pretty much repeated Trump’s claim that they were “shut down by protesters” but this news item gives the context and Trump’s escalating rhetoric in chronological order.

The second segment also has a startling phone interview with the Orange one in which he says he’s been told that violent protests at his rallies increase his vote, before doing a typical Trump at the end by adding “that’s not why we’re doing it.”

Terrifying stuff.

Incidentally, did anyone else click on that picture? It leads to what I suppose is DJ PeePoBellyBumDrawers’ Twitter feed. A few comments below the picture someone has tweeted “This will end feminism forever.”

Just edited to add, for my American friends, that I live in a relatively peaceful city where we speak English, and I have a spare room.

Dr. NicolaLuna
Dr. NicolaLuna

In Gavin De Becker’s “The Gift of Fear” he discusses how to predict violence using the acronym JACA. Justification, alternatives, consequences and ability.

Justification – Trump supporters have convinced themselves that they are in the middle of a war and that violence would be self defense.

Alternatives – it seems like they don’t even want alternatives, like they are looking forward to being able to commit violence.

Consequences – Trump has said that he will pay their legal fees, effectively lowering their perception of consequences.

Ability – a lot of his supporters seem to be gun owners and give the impression that they are confident in their ability to commit violence.

So yeah I see this getting nasty and it worries me.

snork maiden

@Bluecat,

you ninja’d me over the ‘this will end feminism forever’ comment. I’d love to know how someone came to the conclusion that a photo of Milo pretending to be James Bond while holding a Trump flag will end anything forever.

‘DJ PeePoBellyBumDrawers’? I love it 🙂

I’m concerned Trump’s current MO is going to lead to someone getting hurt. And I’m really, really hoping there are a lot of privately dismayed Republicans who will not vote for this fascist if he does get the nomination.

Catalpa
Catalpa

@SCH

Please refer to the comments policy with regards to the use of terms like ‘ crazy’ on this blog.

@Number Sequence

The violence that the left does comes in the form of allowing non-white cis het people to exist and have rights, which is a form of white genocide, the worst kind of violence EVER. White people are apparently somehow both superior and so delicate and sensitive that the mere existence of people different from themselves who are not in servitude is a deeply wounding and violent act.

Of course, the literally physically violent actions of, say, shooting and killing another person are TOTALLY not ‘violence’, so long as it is done by a white ‘patriot’ and not a non-white ‘thug’ or ‘terrorist’. Instead, it’s “protecting America” and “exercising their second amendment rights”.

Also, I’m not American, but am I to understand that people can take guns to a polling station? One of the most important elements of a functional democracy is that people can vote freely without fear of repercussion. Having aggressive fuckheads with guns chanting for Trump does not seem conducive to this at all.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@ snork maiden

I figured that photo was going to “end feminism forever” one of two ways. (In their minds, anyway.) One, we’d get so weak-kneed over the sight of a “real man” brandishing a deadly phallic symbol that we’d fall onto the nearest bed begging for the nearest “real man” to do whatever he wants. Two, we’d be so frightened at the thought that someone is willing to kill us that we’d renounce feminism and beg for our lives.

They probably don’t want to believe that a lot of feminists see that photo and sigh something to the effect of “another one of THOSE photos.”

Johanna Roberts
Johanna Roberts

@Dr. NicolaLuna — Exactly. That book is an amazing thing and it’s right, we can look forward to violence or worse from here on out from Drumpfites.

On another note, when I see Trump on the campaign trail this is the song I’ve picked for him… The lyrics, yeah…

snork maiden

@Victorious Parasol,

I dare say. Though since it is widely known that Milo isn’t in the vagina business, presumably we’re all supposed to go weak-kneed over DJTittyBum?

Moggie
Moggie

darkstatistic:

Is it splitting hairs to suggest it’s more of a blackshirts situation than brownshirts? That Trump is more Mussolini than Hitler?

I was going to suggest “blackshorts”, after Roderick Spode’s little fascist organisation. But I have to admit that I’m not laughing any more. Trump and his supporters are certainly ridiculous, but not even Wodehouse could make them funny at this point.

Matt
Matt

Would-be first-wave Stürmtrümpen may want to consider briefly the fate of the SA. #usefulidiots

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

Can anyone share a link of protestors or observers attacking first at a Drumpf rally? There must be some out there if it’s a frequent occurrence.

Or is disagreement enough of an “attack” to warrant bloodshed?

Ddog
Ddog

@bluecat ah thank you, I find it hard to find good news sources for stuff like this. Everything is so biased. Also here in Ireland a lot of people seem to regard it as a bit of a joke and there’s the old ah sure the yanks are nothing to do with us mentality. Unfortunately America does have a big impact on us,with their foreign policies and the whole Shannon thing.

I find it all kind of confusing as elections are done so differently over there to our own process (which I think is similar enough to the UK’s?) . Who Are the protesters holding the rally’s against him? It almost seems to just play into his hands as others have pointed out. I have yet to see any evidence they where violent at all though so I doubt there like a group paid to cause trouble. It just scares me because guns are so accessible there. Like a deeply divided electorate plus xenophobia, misogyny and fascism, AND lots of guns.

I worry a lot.

Also apologies for rambling and if this seems to make little sense. I wasn’t able to afford my medication last week and have only just restarted it so I’m still suffering a bit of withdrawal and my thoughts are spinning. So sorry if I have been offensive to people who are involved in the election (except Trump supporters, I hope you do find me offensive)

Ddog
Ddog

@moggie I love Wodehouse and at first Trump reminded me of Spode…now if only we could discover that Trump designs ladies underwear. Eulalie shouted during a rally might cause him to bumble to a stop.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Yeah, if they actually believed that, DJ Whip My Hate Back And Forth wouldn’t have pissed his proverbial pants over it being posted on a feminist blog.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

These people strike me as utterly terrified. Violence and intimidation isn’t giving them domination any more, and they’re trying to solve this by using even more violence and intimidation, but even that isn’t working. Sooner or later they’re going to have to resort to listening, compromising and making concessions; and the fear of having to do that seems to be driving them to extremes.

Sadly, bad things sometimes happen when terrified people have access to deadly force.

I said before that I doubt there’ll actually be real violence. I thought at the time that this sort of Rambo posturing was just braggadocio from people who’re trying to convince themselves that waving a gun will make the scary things go away. I still believe this but I’m not as sure as I used to be.

RosaDeLava
RosaDeLava

A civil war will definitely make the US “great again”! And there’s no freedom like the freedom to throw a coup to put Trump in the White House!

I can’t even.

@Victorious Parasol
Even though that man is gay?

Kevin
Kevin

One of Roosh’s right hands is very openly pushing, recommending and
inciting to very clearly and very scary
mass shootings against Bernie’s supporters 🙁

Please warn also the authorities inside U.S. – I am not U.S. citizen
and I am not knowledgeable in this field.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Moggie, Donald of Orange makes me think of Roderick Spode, 7th Earl of Sidcup and his Black Shorts too – and I agree it’s getting less funny by the day.

It’s chilling to think that when Trump’s nearest historical parallels were actually in power, the US was on the side fighting against them. And now all too many of that US’ children and grandchildren look like they can’t wait to put on their stylish black shorts.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Orange is the new Hitler.

Whining about free speech is pretty hypocritical, coming from someone who dominates the news cycles 24/7, has access to the biggest megaphones, and thinks his detractors should either shut up or risk being punched in the face. Nobody has had more free speech than Donald Trump in the past few months. Nobody. And nobody has abused it more.

It’s also richly hypocritical considering the utter contempt Trump has for the rest of the First Amendment (freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom to peaceably assemble). He’s explicitly running on a platform of religious intolerance. He wants to expand the libel laws so he can sue if the Washington Post runs a less-than-flattering article on him. As for peaceable assembly, well…his supporters’ behavior speaks for itself.

And here’s a further hypocrisy: despite his anti-Muslim schtick, Trump can’t even charitably be described as Christian. His platform of bigotry and hate runs directly counter to the teachings of Jesus. It’s obvious he’s never read the Bible; he can’t even cite it properly. When was the last time he set foot in a church? But he likes the self-righteous, arrogant, punitive rhetoric of the evangelical crowd, and he knows they’ll vote for anyone who promises to smite their enemies.

tl;dr: Trump shits all over the First Amendment every day of his campaign. So no, he doesn’t get to cower behind it when people call him out on his appalling hatred and bigotry.

bluecat
bluecat

@ Ddog

Yes, it is confusing, and pretty poorly reported. The UK media has been doing the same “Oh, what can you expect, it’s only America?” stuff for weeks. Possibly that’s beginning to change now.

On the downside, I’m beginning to see a few people over here parroting the Trump idea that he’s been shut down and how terrible the left is for causing all these problems, and all of that.

I’m not going to try and kid myself that there aren’t people here who would quite like to be Trump or to follow a Trump. Moseley’s BlackShirts (the inspiration for Spode’s Black Shorts) were moderately popular and might have been more so if it had been

@ Iseult – afaik the protesters have been peaceful. The reponses to them, not so much.

@ Catalpa – yeah, guns to polling stations. I can think of worse ideas, but only if I strain a bit.

Anyone from the US – could you tell me if that would be legal?

And if it isn’t legal, I’d hate to be the officers who’d have to enforce the law against a bunch of stoked up tooled up Trumpistes on polling day.

OoglyBoggles
OoglyBoggles

The right wing machine is based on hate, this was inevitable the minute the left wing decided to not have a spine and allowed the gop to drag the country further to the right.

By the end of the election expect people to seriously reconsider what the meaning of free speech actually means.

Aris Boch
Aris Boch

@Valentine March 13, 2016 at 11:26 pm
“O great, mighty, righteous and free Russian language!” – Turgenev

@rick March 14, 2016 at 1:54 am
Just like for them the immigrants both come to do nothing and sponge off welfare and to take away their jobs.

You got to admit this, Trump is indeed a punk-ass, but he is able to reach deep into the right-wing with his boastful rhetoric without being that more right-wing than his Republican competitors. In fact, if you compare him to his Republican competitors for the nomination, he may be even the lesser of multiple evils (I don’t think that I’d vote for him, if I’d be American. I’d also never ever for for Hillary, given this superdelegate shit. I’d either vote for Bernie in the primaries and then, if Hillary succeeds in bullshitting her way to the nomination, I’d simply either stay home or vote for a third-party candidate), if you look past his trolling. He fooled the right-wing into thinking him as anti-establishment even though he is as much establishment as Hillary at the very least. He even has a lot of anti-semites on his side despite being professedly pro-Isreal and having no problems at all with his daughter converting to Judaism.
And about his supporters, they’re just a bunch of Internet Tough Guys. I’d be very surprised, if they kick up more dust than a few brawls.

Skiriki
Skiriki

Breitbart threw the reporter under the Trump-bus, another resigns in protest as well, and now they are looking for a new fake news site where to be “reporters”. Awwwww. http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/michelle-fields-ben-shapiro-resign-from-breitbart

(Again, I could have fucking told it. “Cool Girls” don’t last.)

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@ Snork Maiden and RosaDeLava

I’m not sure Milo’s orientation is a factor here, as such. He may not want to have sex with women, but he sure seems fond of belittling and dominating women. If only we’d give up feminism and recognize our “proper” place in the world, Milo would be satisfied that the rightful order has been restored.

Seraph4377
Seraph4377

I’d also never ever for for Hillary, given this superdelegate shit.

The “superdelegate shit” is part of the Democratic Primary, and has been for a long time. Bernie knew about it going in. Frankly, it’s no real surprise that the Democratic superdelegates are mostly voting for the candidate who’s been a Democrat all along, as opposed to the one who joined the party so he could run for president.

What’s more, Hillary is still winning (albeit by a much narrower margin), even without the superdelegates.

And if you were in a safely Democratic or Republican state, that’s fine and dandy. If you’re in a contested state, that’s a good way to end up with a President Trump.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Maybe my opinion’s been coloured by how borderline trolly you were acting in the Bernie vs Clinton thread, but… Isn’t this victim blaming?

And why wasn’t Aris Butt banned two years ago?

guy
guy

When was the last time he set foot in a church?

He actually went to one shortly before Iowa. The church in question uses a modernized translation of the Bible and does readings on a three-year cycle, and this happened:

1 Corinthians 12:19
But I also want you to think about how this keeps your significance from getting blown up into self-importance. For no matter how significant you are, it is only because of what you are a part of. An enormous eye or a gigantic hand wouldn’t be a body, but a monster. What we have is one body with many parts, each its proper size and in its proper place. No part is important on its own. Can you imagine Eye telling Hand, “Get lost; I don’t need you”? Or, Head telling Foot, “You’re fired; your job has been phased out”?

Then there was a sermon about charity and welcoming refugees and immigrants.

Johanna
Johanna

Well, that’s my blood nicely chilled for the rest of the week. Jesus.

Leda Atomica
Leda Atomica

Did anyone post this yet? A guy goes undercover to a Trump rally.

The oath wasn’t super-smooth in its execution for the rally— Trump had people raise their right hand and repeat after him, then he’d go too fast or say things that were too long for people to really repeat accurately. You could see some subtle satisfaction on Trump’s face as he did this — nobody in the world has more contempt for Trump supporters than Donald J. Trump himself.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@guy:

Did he catch fire upon crossing the threshold? Enquiring minds want to know.

m
m

Meanwhile the only shots fired were by a anti-Trump person violently protesting a Trump Rally. That person also happens to be black.

Now isn’t that strange?

As for the rest of the blog: sorry to break it to you but your camp isn’t cool anymore. We — the antifeminists — took that place.

YAY! 😀

Chaos-Engineer
Chaos-Engineer

The superdelegate thing is overblown. Back during the 2008 primary, people were saying almost the same thing – Clinton had a lot of superdelegate endorsements early in the campaign, and people were speculating that they’d give her the nomination even if Obama came to the convention with the majority of pledged delegates. There was even a paper-thin justification for it: Obama’s delegate advantage came mostly from the low-turnout caucus states; Clinton had done better in the high-turnout primary states and had gotten more votes overall.

But of course when it came time for the convention, the superdelegates didn’t have any justification for giving the nomination to Clinton. If Obama’s campaign had cratered in the final months and he’d clearly lost the support of the rank-and-file, then they might have done it, but there was simply no other way they could deny the nomination to an acceptable candidate who had the majority of the pledged delegates.

Things are probably going to play out the same way this time: Unless Clinton’s campaign craters within the next few months, she’s going to go into the convention with the majority of pledged delegates. The superdelegates wouldn’t be able to justify handing the nomination to Sanders even if they were inclined to do so.

(If you’re not in the US, you might be overestimating Sanders’ support within the Democratic electorate. He does really well with the young white male demographic, which makes him Internet-popular, but Clinton is more popular among most of the other demographics that make up the party’s base.)

hedin
hedin

Will that photo “end feminism forever?” Definitely not.

Will it end female heterosexuality forever? I wouldn’t rule it out.

This will probably make me no friends here, but is anyone else flirting with the idea that, since we live in a country where every angry little man carries a gun, and the government is terrified to do anything about right wing lawlessness, the left really needs to start arming itself for self defense? I’m still pro gun control, but I’m even more pro having a country where fascists aren’t able to stage armed insurrections unopposed.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@ m

See, the thing is, a lot of us don’t care about being “the cool kids.” We generally tend to care about whether or not something is right, or fair, or just. The kind of thing the antifeminists call “politically correct” while they’re jamming their fingers in their ears and chanting “USA! USA!”

darkstatistic
darkstatistic

hedin:

That, to me, it the absurdity of American gun culture in action. We need guns because they have guns because we have guns because they have guns…

The trouble is, once you’re on that little merry-go-round, it’s hard to get off. Yeah, it might actually be sensible for left-wingers to carry guns these days. That’s the problem.

Chaos-Engineer
Chaos-Engineer

Wait, you mean we used to be cool? I never kept track of that sort of stuff. I just concentrated on trying to be myself, without worrying over whether it was cool or not.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know that antifeminism is cool now. My experience is that the coolest people are the ones who feel the need to tell you that they’re cool, so I know that I can trust your information.

Are you in the “The Lion’s Guard”? I’m wondering why they called it that. It sounds like it might be inspired by “Game of Thrones”.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@m:

“Isn’t cool any more”? When, in your opinion, were we cool? Specifically, between which two dates did you personally think “damn, those feminists are cool. I wish I could be one”?

We — the antifeminists — took that place.

Citation needed.

@hedin:

I think you’re right that the left needs to invest in self defence. However, in my opinion any attempt to approach this as single violent individuals would be a mistake: that sort of cult-of-the-lone-hero thinking is stupid when the right do it and would be stupid if we did it. What needs to happen is for collective action to be taken in this regard.

The problem, as you rightly identify it, is one of government timidity. Mass political action could well provide benefits here. I don’t know what America’s situation is like so I bow to my American friends here: what is the state of the anti-firearm movement and can it effectively be mobilised?

GenJones
GenJones

“Trump supporters have no right to defend themselves against the violent assaults of SJWs. The institutional privilege of white racism alone means no white person deserves to live! “

Sorry, but this shit is just hilarious. The only violence at Trump rallies has been supporters assaulting peaceful protesters or just turning on anyone who was picked out for looking “other”. Trump has been actively siccing his people like attack dogs and spoiling for a fight himself, and then claims he was “shut down” by people who showed up to disagree? Seriously, he literally shuts down under that kind of pressure and claims to have what it takes to lead a nation? Of course, narcissists are known for being fragile to criticism.

I just have to laugh at his supporters claiming they’re under attack by ISIS, because that’s what a bunch of extremists known for their kamikaze mass murder would do, show up armed with only a sign. Puh-lease.

I guess these mid-western conservatives from Boring-Cornfield-Where-Nothing-Important-Will-Ever-Happen USA must be desperate for some excitement and conflict in their lives, and being in the same room as a scary brown person raising their voice is probably the closest they’ll ever get.

CriticalDragon1177

Hey Matt Forney,

Just because you happen to think it would be a good idea to use violence to intimidate your political opponents, doesn’t mean that everyone else does.

LindsayIrene

sorry to break it to you but your camp isn’t cool anymore

Nuh uh!!!!! Our camp is the coolest!!!!!!!

Singing rounds, roasting weenies, and plotting misandry at Camp DworkiSolanas.

hedin
hedin

The reason the country is being dragged to the right isn’t spinelessness (although that does play a part), it’s a cynical center right Dem establishment and a gullible electorate who keeps getting fooled into voting for them. Sure, Obama was held back by Republican obstructionism, but he decided to bail out the banks, he decided not to prosecute them, and he decided to erode civil liberties (e.g. by making it legal for the president to execute American citizens independent of the judiciary).

As for Bill, his free trade treaties and expansion of the criminal justice system were devastating. And now the Dems are getting ready to make the same mistake again with Hillary.

The Republicans have been working on that one for a while. Not letting them force other people to pray in school, or teach their religion as science, or deny basic rights to gays is a crime against free speech, apparently. When the right says “free speech,” they mean unquestioned hegemony. Anyone who opposes their ideas is painted as opposing their freedom.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

Trump = The Antichrist?

Just great, the end of the world starting with a beyond evil leader had to come *now*. I guess I’ll have to go to Home Depot to pick up some supplies to turn my house into a makeshift bunker.

The people who think Trump will change things if elected are not only dumb enough to miss the fact that he’s literally the 1%, but deluding themselves into thinking that congress is going to be any better with him than they are with Obama. Trump has zero in-office political experience, his idea of international relations will likely lead to the third world war, and someone needs to worry about the details of this jerk’s currently unspecific plans in case the rational voters give in to APATHY again and don’t vote in enough numbers to prevent a situation where we get Trump as president. I don’t want that, nobody I know wants that, and anyone reasonably intelligent shouldn’t want that.

I’m going to keep praying that a giant sinkhole opens up beneath Trump soon, is that too much to ask of FLORIDA, land of many sinkholes?!

GenJones
GenJones

@hedin- Don’t forget trying to stop those with money from influencing politics to their advantage by making it rain on politicians and lawmakers, bribery is free speech too.

Patricia Kayden
Patricia Kayden

Snork Maiden: “I’m concerned Trump’s current MO is going to lead to someone getting hurt.”

Do you mean is going to lead to more people getting hurt because people have already been physically assaulted at Trump rallies? I guess the only issue now is whether someone will be killed at one of his rallies by one of his Nazi/KKK supporters.