antifeminism men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny patriarchy sockpuppetry TROOOLLLL!!

Channers unveil plan to dupe feminists into protesting domestic violence by hitting themselves

This also seems totally legit
This also seems totally legit

The We Hunted the Mammoth Pledge Drive is on! If you haven’t already, please consider donating through the PayPal button below. Thanks!

Yesterday afternoon, a totally real feminist who couldn’t possibly be a troll pretending to be a feminist, no way, took to Twitter to announce a bold new campaign to fight domestic violence and defeat patriarchy by encouraging feminists to give themselves black eyes, thus showing the patriarchy that, uh, women can punch themselves?

The name of the operation, I mean initiative: #FeministBlackOut.

Seems legit.
I blurred out the faces on the off chance this post wasn’t totally 100% legit.

In case you’re having a little trouble reading the text over the clouds there, I took the liberty of enhancing it a little:

feministblackout_phixr
Flawless STEM logic

Er, “doing onto?”

News of this totally real not fake at all plan quickly spread beyond Hannah’s three Twitter followers, and before long another totally real feminist started up a new but totally legit Twitter account to support #FeministBlackOut and share her own picture which was totally a picture of her for real and not just a picture of a woman with a black eye swiped from a story in the Mirror.

fembkack2
Yes, I blurred this one out too.

I’m sure her single Twitter follower was suitably enlightened.

Despite the fact that this was obviously a totally real feminist campaign and not, say, the least convincing attempt by channers to troll feminists ever, there were some who were skeptical:

How cynical do you have to be to assume that this campaign is anything other than completely legiti — hold on, what’s this?

This post was … directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

H/T — @RS_Benedict, via @kaleparty

Skiriki
Skiriki

I am Jane’s complete lack of surprise.

sevenofmine
sevenofmine

These things are so illustrative of what an echo chamber anti-feminism/chan culture is designed to be. The hashtag itself is full of nothing but 1) channers congratulating each other on their brilliance or 2) people going “oh look another chan false flag”. The intended audience for this stuff is people who’ve already bought into the narrative and have no interest in whether it tracks with reality.

MexicanHotChocolate
MexicanHotChocolate

What the hell is wrong with these little boys? Do they think that real feminists are stupid enough to fall for this obvious bullshit? And do they not realize that men can be victims of domestic violence too?

Lady Mondegreen
Lady Mondegreen

I love the font and the background of inspirational clouds in that first meme. That just screams Christian bookstore kitsch “feminist”!

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Wasn’t “Hannah Trent” one of those fake accounts that was trying to con feminists into going to FemCon last year?

Or was that another fake Hannah?

Kat
Kat

Oh no! File not found. Maybe the file/thread was automatically pruned due to age, or was deleted by staff.

sevenofmine
sevenofmine

Feminists aren’t the target audience. The audience is literally themselves as well as people who are already leaning anti-feminist and are eager for validation but won’t actually look at the hashtag. Months down the road they’ll be all like “lol feminists are so stupid, remember the time they all punched themselves to protest domestic violence!?”

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

just a picture of a woman with a black eye swiped from a story in the Mirror.

That’s gross, using victims of real world violence for a BS reactionary agenda.

I’d say to grow up, but really this is an empathy problem and not one related to age.

EJ (The Other One)

I showed that jimpjorps tweet to my significant other. She snorted with laughter.

Well done, channers. You made at least two feminists laugh this morning.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

“female abuse”

Okay.

I also thought I remembered Hannah Trent.

Funkula
Funkula

This is the Dunning-Kruger effect in action. These maroons have circle-jerked and self-congratulated for so long that they believe that they’re smarter than feminists, and since they’re dumb as hell their projections of what feminists will fall for are laughably obvious. It’s the equivalent of a four-year-old playing hide and seek by going into a different room and standing in the middle of it.

snork maiden

When mine was four he’d at least hide behind a cushion.

I’d like to start up a fake fake meme when channers troll feminists by sending us lots of chocolate, that’ll really show us.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Mr Nahc4 strikes again!

(Yes, I’m linking to one of my own posts. Mostly for the benefit of any newer posters who missed the glory of FemCon2015.)

C.S.Strowbridge
C.S.Strowbridge

The only people this will fool is other channers, who will mistake this for a hashtag actual feminists used.

Kootiepatra

*counting down until this shows up on Reddit/imgur, posted by anti-feminists who fall for it and then invoke Poe*

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

FemCon2015 was possibly my favorite post ever in WHTM.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

It reminds me of that woman several years ago who went to the police, claiming she had been mugged by a black man who saw her McCain bumper sticker, knocked her down, and carved a “B” for “Barack Obama” into her face. Except that the “B” was backwards. She did it to herself in a mirror, and forgot to reverse it.

Channers have about the same level of competence in framing other people.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Buttercup

What a fail. She should’ve carved an O for Obama instead. Duh.

Mish
Mish

Very happy for the FemCon2015 comments, thank you! I was lurking intermittently here at that time, so I missed the sheer wonderfulness.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

In lighter news can I just wish all Mamotheer Mums a Happy Mothers Day!!!!! from here in the UK.

kiki
kiki

“Greetings, fellow feminists! What say we ‘stick it to the man’ by punching ourselves in the face?” This is apparently what they’re reduced to.

Also, I liked ‘It’s time to show men that we can do anything we can’, when that second ‘we’ was clearly supposed to be ‘they’. Just a small typo, but it reminded me of Homer Simpson: “If he can teach a class … then he can teach a class! I mean I can teach a class!”

Rosie*sings*
Rosie*sings*

At least their circlejerk has now created such a whirlpool that it’s easy to spot. Makes it easy!

Dr. NicolaLuna
Dr. NicolaLuna

I can’t help wondering if they’ve ever actually met a feminist. Surely they can’t think we would actually be punching ourselves in the face, what would that possibly achieve?

And yay for mothers day. My little Cody wrote me this:
You are fantastiaic. You are luvlee. I luv yor hugs. I love yor hare. You are byoo beautiful.

Eta: tried to do strikethrough on “byoo” but it didn’t work. My first strikethrough mammoth offering.

Bina

Shorter them: “Stop hitting yourselves, bitches! Why are you hitting yourselves, bitches?”

Channers remind me of the schoolyard bullies who try to convince their victims that they hit themselves, and that the bullies are in no way responsible for the victims’ own ineptitude. Only, in this case, the bullies are the inept ones, and they’re also the only victims of their own-goaling. Everyone else is laughing AT them, not with them.

And yes, I too recognized “Hannah Trent”, 4chan fauxminist extraordinaire. Bet that dude thinks he’s reeeeeaaaalllly smart to wheel that fake identity out just once a year. Greetings, fellow man!

Eonid
Eonid

These twits just boggle my mind. They really believe anyone is stupid enough to give themselves (and their “stallion boyfriends”) a black eye based on these terribly done image macros? They are so obviously just trying to incite mayhem, and seemingly hoping for some video footage of women trying to attack their S.O.s, my guess so that they get to see the ensuing retaliation.

PS: Calling them “stallions” smacks of penis envy.

Bina

Also, gotta love that cheap printshop card effect. Cheesy old font AND poor typography, with misspellings and extra spaces all over the place. I’m sure no one at all will see the chan-turds typing one-handed and going “hurr, hurr, hurr” behind THAT! Checkmate, feminists!

Bina

Oh, look who thinks we don’t know how to use the Internets:

That’s so cute.

Vanir85
Vanir85

messed up an image upload, sorry

Miss Andry

Okay, 4chan, we need to talk. Has this ever, ever worked? EVER? The only people you seem to fool are conservatives who already think feminists are stupid, but never the feminists themselves. You need an in intervention, folks. Get help.

Dr. NicolaLuna
Dr. NicolaLuna

On another topic, I am SO FUCKING DONE with the slut shaming going on to do with the Adam Johnson case.

He groomed a 15 year old girl and I’m seeing so many people in comments sections saying that 15 year olds know what they are doing and she’s to blame. Even professional troll, Katie Hopkins has called this girl a “slag” (UK equivalent of “slut”) and basically said that *she* should have known better.

How is misogyny so acceptable in our culture that people honestly think that about a child?

bluecat
bluecat

I’m up for make feminists fat by sending us – I mean, them, of course, sending THEM chocolates campaign, if anyone would like to start one. And maybe some kitty toys.

Happy Mothers day to all mothers, grandmothers, stepmothers, people who have mothers – and all those who mother, whether or not they have children.

Tara the Antisocial Social Worker
Tara the Antisocial Social Worker

Excellent plan, bluecat! And we, I mean they, are especially susceptible to Godiva and Ghiradelli. Um, I’ve heard.

LindsayIrene

Cartoon bears trying to steal pic-a-nic baskets come up with far better plans than these chuckleheads.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

@SFHC

“I like the way Snrub thinks!”

@bluecat

Yes, they should send cat toys too. It’ll hasten the transition to “crazy cat lady”

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Dr Nicola

It’s just like the Ched Evans thing all over again. Especially with the commercial concerns of the football club over-riding all common decency. I know their excuse is that they didn’t know he was going to plead guilty to at least some of the offenses; but he’d already admitted to them that he’d been kissing and sending sexually explicit texts to a 15 year old; what more did they need?

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Feminists lie about the wage gap, too! Let’s send them all our money to demonstrate how fake that claim is!

weirwoodtreehugger

The thigh gap troll actually really worked well. End Father’s Day worked far less well but at least it fooled a bunch of anti-feminists. As terrible as these Twitter campaigns were, at least they made sense.

This? Is just stupid. It doesn’t make sense and it never fooled anybody.

Remember that troll we had a few weeks ago who was pretending to be a concerned feminist? They were trying to convince us that our mockery of channers was going to make them come after us and was going to totally ruin feminism forever and we were going to lose against the mighty anti-feminist trolls?

If this is how they fight feminism, I don’t think we have anything to worry about.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

When my baby sister was a toddler, she’d drape a hand towel over her face and wander around the house yelling, “I’M HIDING!!!” That was more effective and more amusing than these idjits’ attempts to discredit feminism.

kupo
kupo

@Dr. NicolaLuna
My whole Facebook feed is full of slut shaming and victim blaming today. 🙁 There was apparently a rape accusation made within a scene I’m adjacent to, so there’s lots of “if it was really rape she would have done x and y” from people I would have thought better of, one of them a victim themself. Then there’s this story: http://www.wyff4.com/news/teacher-resigns-after-student-spreads-nude-picture-of-her-school-district-says/38256416

Of course all the comments are about how this is the teacher’s fault.

I’m done with today.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@WWTH

The thigh gap one only worked because it was the first. It’s like a crappy indie horror game – the first jumpscare’ll usually get you, but by the 2340809342th, all you can do is laugh forever.

(… Or, without the video game metaphor, the law of diminishing returns.)

bluecat
bluecat

@ Buttercup Q

I LIKE the way you’re thinking! 🙂

So:

– chocolates (dark, mint, ginger, orange also particularly offensive to me, erm, them, them)
– cat toys (cat ladies who sob into their solitary pillow while the cats run riot)
– money (show they’re all basically wh*res, amirite?)
– expensive kitchen appliances like juicers maybe? Show them they need to put down those massive, heart attack inducing fat dripping burgers they are so well known for scarfing and get a healthy diet. Plus the “get back in the kitchen” trope, so it’s win – win.

All great ways to shame and harass feminazis, guys!

@ DrNicholas, Alan and Kupo – yes – ugh.

Doesn’t really matter what the minor “knew” – or thought she knew, or might have vaguely looked like she knew – it’s a question of what the adult did. Always.

Ched Evans’ appeal is coming up soon, I believe, so we can expect more appalling commentary on social media, efforts to harass the victim, contempt of court and so on.

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

I would be totally oppressed if a channer signed me up for a wine of the month club. I especially hate pinot noir.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

I too also as well want all clever manly menz to make the awful vile horrid feminists fat by sending us them chocolate – but you know what would be really diabolically cunning? Clever manly menz should send whisky, too (preferably in time for my birthday) because as any fule kno feminists are all lightweights and whisky (which we they will try to drink because we they cannot resist trying to emulate manly menz) will render them incapable of feministing and that will really show ’em, ha!
I have it on good authority that Speysides are particularly effective.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

WWTH that would be so oppressive.

kupo
kupo

@wwth
Or cheese of the month. It’s totally mean! You’re telling us those awful feminists that they need cheese to go with their whine. Ha, ha! Never gets old.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ opposable thumbs

as any fule kno

Always nice to bump into another St Custards alumni.

darkstatistic
darkstatistic

I thought Mother’s Day was in May. Then again, I’m on a different continent. Is this like Canadian Thanksgiving vs American Thanksgiving?

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

I think I would be most oppressed by a fruit-of-the-month club, and regular shipments of yarn (alpaca, silk, and bamboo, but no wool please), and free dog grooming services.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

I’d love to be oppressed by getting a Krompski Harp Forte rigid heddle loom.

Ooh, and oppress me with Blue Moon yarns. All of ’em.