4chan anti-Semitism antifeminism cuckolding literal nazis misogyny oppressed white men racism

The Knights Who Say Cuck rally around Trump in wake of KKK controversy

Donald Trump: Sees no evil
Donald Trump: Sees no evil

The We Hunted the Mammoth Pledge Drive is on! If you haven’t already, please consider donating through the PayPal button below. Thanks!

Uh oh! Donald Trump, the great orange hope of America’s internet nazis, is facing a teensy bit of controversy, including some rather intense criticism from fellow Republicans, for his refusal to unequivocally condemn former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke and all the other white supremacists who love him so dearly.

On Twitter, the assortment of nazis and trolls and nazi trolls who seem to be his most enthusiastic backers are rallying around their man. And saying “cuck” a lot.

Here are some highlights — by which I mean lowlights — from the, er, discussion so far.

(I’m pretty sure ChateauEmissary is none other than our old friend Heartiste.)

Classy.

Alas, Paul D is probably right.

EDIT: Or not. Trump isn’t winning them all.

J^3 (@JoeKlemmer)
J^3 (@JoeKlemmer)

Well, that didn’t take long.

I almost didn’t post that last comment, but I honestly thought this forum would be different. Funny thing is, in more right-leaning circles, I’m attacked as a left-wing socialist/feminist when I say the exact same things. Blind bias exists everywhere, including within myself (I can admit it), so it’s not really a surprise.

Nothing to lose sleep over, though, right?

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

No matter who this episode’s guest writer is, Some Dickhead Mansplains It All is the most boring show on TV.

@Joe

If your primary non-point is so overused and objectively wrong that there’s a sarcastic acronym for it, you’re not dropping truth bombs, you’re dribbling down your leg.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I am, in fact, highly biased towards marginalized people in your country not being shit on any more than they already are.

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

Joe, take your fucking concern trolling elsewhere, along with your precious, precious approval and your delicate feelings.

ALW
ALW

@JK

Actually, for those people who are actually directly impacted by whichever ‘surface platform’ happens to be in office, it really is something to lose sleep over. The fact you just gloss over it when people offer you concrete examples of that is very telling.

guy
guy

Any argument that the difference between parties in a two-party system doesn’t matter is effectively an attack on whichever party the people you’re talking to support. Because by not voting for a party, you make it easier for the other party to win.

And in terms of who you should support, the personal motivations of the various candidates are meaningless; what matters is what they’ll actually do. So I really, really do not care that Hillary and Trump are both expecting to benefit financially from what they do, because the things Hillary expects to get money from are different from the things Trump expects to get money from.

proudfootz
proudfootz

I don’t think blaming Nader for Gore’s shitty campaign and Bush’s friends in the Supreme Court helping him steal the election is a very viable explanation.

FFS Gore couldn’t even win his home state!

There are significant differences between the two ruling parties and among the various candidates. I would have preferred Gore over Bush, or Kerry over Bush. That these two elections were close enough to steal is an indictment of the American electorate.

Certainly the many roadblocks to keep people from voting never helps. I can’t understand why the problems identified with the election system have remain unaddressed to this day.

Luzbelitx

1. “Both sides are equally bad”
Answer: no, they’re not

2. “Woha, you’re acting almost as mean as MRAs”
Answer: we’re just elaborating on the stuff you said.

3. “Hey, you are in fact as mean as MRAs”
Answer: ???

What happened here?

@Joe

Ok, now you’re just trolling. Kindly fuck off.

Patricia Kayden
Patricia Kayden

With one political party about to select a candidate who cannot even disavow the KKK and another party which at least seeks to be inclusive and actually elected a Black President, it is pretty clear to me that one party is much less evil than the other.

This “both sides do it” nonsense doesn’t fly with me. If a Republican gets into the White House this November, my rights as a pro-LGBT, Black, immigrant woman could be severely impacted. Perhaps people with more privilege than I can sit this election out but many of us in the minority community (not just racial minorities, by the way) cannot afford to do so.

Lea
Lea

To the left, to the left…

The guy who sees no difference between the party trying to remove my bodily atonomy and the one defending it thinks we’re as mean as terrorists who send death threats as a way to completely silence feminists.

At least he is consistent.

kupo
kupo

@Petal
I’m glad Fingie is okay. >^..^<

rugbyyogi
rugbyyogi

The Clinton emails:

Now, I’m not saying she should have used her personal email servers. But, as someone who has been a .gov.uk email user during that period of time, I can not only understand the temptation, I can admit to doing government business over personal email – because it was FASTER, EASIER and JUST AS SECURE as using my .gov.uk email. BTW, I didn’t share anyone’s personal information – it was just to arrange meetings, get stuff done, etc when I wasn’t in the office. Using gov equipment would sometimes take a half hour or more just to get to my email – if I even could get to my email. Sometimes it wasn’t possible. It’s not like it is today when (some) people can simply access their gov email from a mobile device. Not that long ago, it just wasn’t that easy and for some people on ancient gov kit, it’s still not that easy. Yes, I was in no way in as sensitive a position as Sec of State Clinton was. And yes, what I did and what she did is JUST as FOIable (except I wasn’t at an FOIable body, but never mind that, we assumed that if anyone asked we’d just hand over the data).

The eeeevil nature of politicians:

I’ve never worked directly with US politicians on any extensive basis, so it might be different. However, I have worked with British politicians at local and national level and had exposure to current and worked with former ministers. Some of them – a few of them – are vile individuals and this has relatively little to do with their espoused policies and whether I agreed with them or not. But most of them are actually really hard-working, pragmatic and often very nice individuals who just happen to like attention and institutional power more than most people. Yes, sometimes they end up saying and doing things that they’d rather not, but everyone – everyone gets captured by the grind of government. Some of them, as I said are nasty, nasty people. But most of them aren’t. And believe it or not, most of them really do want to make things better. I just might not agree with what they think is better or if I do, how to get there.

However, stated platforms and policies DO matter. I don’t chose who I work with on projects based solely on that, but I certainly choose who to vote for and support based on that.

And the context matters, too. I don’t have the vote in the UK and I when I do I would definitely struggle to vote for someone who wasn’t strongly pro-choice and I would never vote for someone who is anti-choice . However, choice isn’t endangered in law or practice here in the UK in the same way that it currently is in the US. So I always, always vote solely on that criteria in the US. And that is why the Democratic party is always preferable to the Republican party to me and why they can never be ‘the same’ in my mind. Without the liberty to terminate an unwanted (or ill-fated) pregnancy – pretty much all other women’s rights for fertile women of child-bearing (or pre-child-bearing) age don’t mean much.

Lea
Lea

When a man treats a lack of deference as equivalent to abuse, I know he was never my ally.

“You don’t know a man until you tell him ” No”.”

EJ (The Other One)

Lea, Luzbelitx, Patricia Kayden, rugbyyogi: you are inspiring people. Thank you for existing.

reymohammed

Racism, sexism, classism, and violence in support of them are inseparably linked. All of them are seen as a kind of lese majesté against Gahd-given privilege, and all arouse vindictive rage in the authoritarian breast. The Franquist general, General Queipo de Llano, evinced this perfectly in the following quote:

“Our brave Legionaries … have shown the Red cowards what it means to be a man. And, incidentally, the wives of the Reds, too. These Communist and Anarchist women, after all, have made themselves fair game by their doctrine of free love. And now they have at least made the acquaintance of real men, and not milksops of militiamen. Kicking their legs about and struggling won’t save them.”

For further details, refer to “For Whom the Bell Tolls,” by Ernest Hemingway.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Somewhat O/T but to all Mamotheers of the Valleys, Happy St David’s Day!!!!!

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Slightly O/T but to all Mamotheers of the Valleys, Happy St David’s Day!!!

comment image

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Curse you WordPress, you win again!

Ah well, you can never have enough daffodils.

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

So, Joe can’t argue against our points so he’s resorted to calling us mean. Or maybe uppity is a better word for it?

Sorry Joe, I care more about the lives of marginalized people more than I care about your fee fees.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

Everyone has their particular favourite flavours of political ice cream. Some like vanilla fiscal policy with little mint foreign policy chunks; others like butterscotch social welfare swirl. Our priorities are informed by our place in life, and that’s fine – expected and required, actually.

The whole point of social justice is recognizing that the butterscotch swirl is out, and there are a lot of people who really really want a new bucket opened, and asking the nice people behind the counter to do it, even if I myself don’t like it.

It’s the ability to recognize issues that are not your own that is so difficult, and so important. That’s the issue, Joe. There are a huge amount of people who are desperate for their butterscotch swirl, and you’re suggesting that we might as well all leave cause the vanilla mint is out. I think, anyways?

The main point is that I miss ice cream :c

You might be referring to the corrupting influence of money in politics. This is certainly an issue, and it worms into *everything*! It basically lets wealthy people buy politicians wholesale, which ripples out to impact everything else that government touches, because it prevents politicians from voting according to their constituents or platforms. They have to vote according to their donors if they want to get re-elected.

Hillary’s got issues, and the email thing looks like an enormous problem – it’s not at all like the Benghazi nonsense, which the republicans have pretty much openly admitted was manufactured to cause her issues. No, the email thing is being researched by the FBI, and every movement of sensitive information to her private email server is apparently a felony, not to mention the fact that the FBI has very strong suspicions that it was hacked by foreign governments. If Hillary gets the nomination and the FBI decides to press something (and they have pretty strong republican ties too…), she’s unelectable, and it’ll be Trump, Rubio or Cruz, all of which are terrifying.

I think Hillary would be a status-quo president like Obama, who will follow the lead of the american people without making waves – not terrible, but not great. Bernie would be much more progressive, but would face obstruction – but he’s already shown a willingness to fight the Republicans that Obama lacks. Tricky, but I’d vote Bernie.

And that’s my two cents! Sorry for the long post – I am stuck in a coffee shop waiting for a dumb skype meeting that was moved to skype *after* I drove into the city. Nice.

Luzbelitx

And don’t forget all the patronizing and “I expected better” bullshit.

PS:

you are inspiring people. Thank you for existing.

Awww right back at you! And everyone in the room (but the troll)!

I’d like to add a special thanks fro SHFC for this:

Some Dickhead Mansplains It All is the most boring show on TV.

David N-T
David N-T

@WWTH So you’d argue that, say, an Iraqi who says that he doesn’t see much of a difference between Bush and Obama is privileged? How exactly does privilege explain the fact that voter participation correlates with socio-conomic status as well as race?

Although I do see some differences between democrats and republicans on some issues, on issues like foreign policy, they’re fundamentally in agreement (although they may disagree on tactics, they pretty much in agreement on goals), they both adhere to neoliberal economic policy. Both parties poo-poo the notion of single-payer healthcare. The ACA is best understood as a stalling measure to placate the public while hoping that it’ll be content with that. In that respect, republican politicians are more honest than democrat politicians about their intentions. Your defense of democrats on homosexuality completely erases Clinton’s legacy, for instance, the introduction of “don’t ask, don’t tell” or Hilary’s own views towards gay marriage. While democrats aren’t openly hostile to reproductive rights, their erosion has largely occurred during democrat administrations.

guy
guy

Not at all how it works. There is no indication whatsoever that Clinton deliberately transferred classified information to her private server; at most other people sent her emails containing classified information from computers that shouldn’t have contained classified information either. Maintaining a private email server is entirely immaterial to this case; if she had a government email it would not be approved for storing classified information.

The FBI is responsible for counterintelligence and as such investigates potential security breaches whether or not there is any reason to suspect they may have reason to bring charges. Inadvertent mishandling of classified information is not a criminal offense and in this case wouldn’t even be grounds for revoking a security clearance. That’s assuming that the FBI decides any of it even was classified; designation of what is classified is irregular between departments and the status of the emails is disputed.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

… But authored and pushed through entirely by Republican politicians aiming to obstruct Obama, make him look shitty and/or ineffectual, punish the electorate for voting “Wrongly” and produce memes like this. It’s not like they’re shy about admitting this; they “Warned” us about these “Consequences” before the damn elections. (Which is the dictionary definition of terrorism, by the way.)

Also: “Democrat politicians,” “Democrat administrations”? Really, you’re going with that?

EJ (The Other One)

@David N_T:
Can we please not have Gish Gallops in here?

mockingbird
mockingbird

I think that that holds true for politicians as a whole in the US, but (again, simply speaking from accounts of those who’ve dealt with them at an impersonal “What can you do for me? Oh, nothing…next…” level) quite a few of them who operate on the national level in this country seem to be…since calling them “narcissists” may be ableist, I’ll just say that they seem to have real problems viewing people in terms anything beyond their utility. In most cases, this manifests as simple chilliness. From what I’ve heard, though, Clinton can be especially nasty towards those with perceived low utility, at least in person-to-person interactions. Editing to add: And I’ll stress that the number “stories” that I’ve heard about all other politicians combined don’t add up to those that I’ve heard about Clinton. Maybe that’s because people expect women to be more considerate and she’s really no worse than some of the more prickly guys out there, but people seem to out of their way to share their horrible experiences with her.

But I’m not too terribly sure how much that counts for anything, at least when it comes to this level of politics.

As I intimated in my earlier post, Dick Cheney reminded me of nothing so much as my long lost amiable grandfather and treated with me with genuine warmth when I was some random store clerk, but I think that he participated in (instigated?) causing real harm on both the national and international level.

I don’t care how lovely (or not) you are – policy positions (both stated and demonstrated) are how someone gets my wee, paltry vote and Clinton’ll win it in any match up between her and a Republican.

Freemage
Freemage

David N-T: I agree with you completely about (military) foreign policy–on that front, the difference between Hillary and her counterparts is, at best, wafer-thin and mostly based on competence than on intent (that is, I still think Hillary would do a better job of actually engaging in military adventurism in the Middle East, while the GOP would pull another Iraq at best).

However, even on non-military foreign policy, the parties are miles apart. An Iraqi might not be able to see much difference, but I bet you a Somalian can.

And, to be blunt, foreign policy is itself only a fraction of the job. You have to evaluate the whole of the positions–and if you do that, the distinction between the parties becomes stark. Hillary may be a wavy line that crosses the center more often than I like, compared to Bernie’s relatively solid line on the moderate left (and by global standards, he really is a moderate leftist), but that still doesn’t come close to the GOP, whom across the board are so far right as to be almost off the page.

Joe, your position is basically South Park Apathism, where the worst thing you can do is actually try to make a difference. It’s the refuge of the privileged, who aren’t really affected by the status quo.

David N-T
David N-T

@SHFC

Your link is the weakest possible defence there is: I also used the words “Republican politicians”. Am I somehow using that word derisively as well? I use the term to differentiate the apparatus and apparatchiks from the regular people who are democrats, because I think that there are several people who would label themselves democrat without agreeing with or maybe even quietly desparing at what the party does or doesn’t do.

And yes, I’m aware of who authored anti-reproductive rights proposals. Doesn’t change the fact that the democratic party pretty much rolled over and played dead. Congratulations: you locked onto one issue, which I only threw in there at the last minute as a kind of “what’s the point if you’re just going to let them have their way anyway?” Would you care to disagree with the rest?

@David N-T

So you didn’t read the link at all.

David N-T
David N-T

@Freemage

I agree that the GOP has gone off the rails, especially now that Trump winning the investiture doesn’t seem like a remote possibility. My primary problem isn’t so much with the white hot rage of Republicans, although that’s also a serious problem, but with lesser-evilism itself and the way it can become a problem, and also because I think that the way that elections work, whatever differences exist between the two parties are magnified beyond all measure while their disturbing similarities go largely unreported. (if you don’t want to watch the whole thing, the first two minutes basically spell it out).

While small differences in foreign policy can have huge impacts given the scales involved, I’m an idealist at heart and “not as bad as” hardly seems like the kind of thing that people should be aiming for. I might vote for a lesser of two evils given the right circumstances, but there’s a huge difference between that and telling myself I did the right thing.

dlouwe
dlouwe

@JoeKlemmer

Lastly, just because I say something that is different that the opinion of others doesn’t warrant an attack blindly calling me misogynistic and bigoted.

lmao literally nobody called you that. Get out, you disingenuous fuck.

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

I’m so glad a man has come to splain to me about what’s best for my uterus. That’s always neat.

Imaginary Petal

In case anyone is interested in this sort of thing, Michael Brooks from The Majority Report (the radio show/podcast David was on last year) is debating Sargon of Akkad later today. I think the topic will be “the regressive left”. -_-

Not sure how or when this will be posted, or if it can be viewed live somewhere. I’m sure Sargon will post it on youtube and it sounds like Majority FM will post it in the podcast form, but it might be members only.

In my view, Michael Brooks is very intelligent, extremely well spoken and well informed. I admit I also find it sort of hilarious that he’s something of an Alpha Male TM, you know, the kind of guy all GamerGaters drool over and pretend to be. :p

Childish, I know. But funny.

Dalillama
Dalillama

@J^3

As for Clinton… Well, she makes Nixon look like a saint. All that stuff about Bengazi, emails/server and stuff is just the tip of the iceberg.

Look, I despise Hillary Clinton for a wide variety of perfectly valid reasons, and the thought of having to vote for her makes me want to spit, but spewing right-wing noise machine memes is the very definition of NOT FUCKING HELPING.

@This Handle is a Test

The fact that I know Trump will flip at least one Obama state has me more than a little scared as I see Trump as the closest thing to fascism that the US has had in a major candidate. Feel free to disagree, hell I want you to disagree as it means my stress level will go down.

It’s not that he’s more of a fascist, he’s just more open about it and the Overton window is far enough right that he can get away with it (so far.) I’ve got nothing reassuring to say on that topic, though: the man’s Mussolini in a bad toupee, and the only real question is whether he’ll dress his cadres in brown shirts or go with American tradition and use silver.
@mockingbird

she’s a genuinely horrible, unpleasant person who gives zero actual shits for “the little guy” on a person-to-person level.

But for political reasons she has to at least pretend to give a shit, unlike the Republicans. Also, I don’t think I’ve ever actually voted for a politician (including a Senatorial candidate that I actually canvassed for) who I could hold a civil conversation with for five minutes; My personal feelings about their personalities are totally irrelevant, I get endlessly annoyed by people justifying their vote because the candidate ‘seemed nice’ or ‘I could have a beer with them’ or whatever bullshit.
@rugbyyogi

and I don’t give a damn about that either. Good intentions cuts no ice; I care what the actual effects of their actual policies will be, not what they want them to be.

re: Hillary’s emails
For me, personally, I don’t honestly give a third of a dram of stale rat piss if she was ccing every single email she received or sent the whole time she was Secretary of state directly to Wikileaks, Vladimir Putin and Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi. I genuinely don’t care.

@dlouwe

lmao literally nobody called you that. Get out, you disingenuous fuck.

Right? I page searched the thread and not a single person called Joe a misogynist or a bigot neither before nor after he complained about being called such. This kind of martyr bullshit is why I conclude the dude is trolling.

The other stuff he said was bad, but people say stupid shit and have stupid opinions sometimes and it won’t make me call them trolls. However, when the slightest disagreement drives them to just make shit up, that’s just trolling.

Imaginary Petal

Donald is a terrible person and would be a terrible president, but Cruz is in my opinion 100 times worse. Donald is a pandering, childish asshole, and comically incompetent, but he seems to have some level of actual decency in him. I know that doesn’t necessarily mean he’d show any decency as president, but at this point I’m fairly convinced that a Cruz presidency would be infinitely more disastrous.

For those keeping score at home, David is the first person so far to blame Clinton for something her husband did. Always a sound strategy when arguing with feminists.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

I think you’ve nailed it here. I mean, I’m sure she is a jerk, because politician, but it being pointed out more just smacks of the “Bossy” phenomenon to me.

@otherwise

To be undeservedly fair, I did ask Joe if he’s a misogynist and he might’ve taken it to be rhetorical. I meant it as an honest question, though, because he used to be a good poster and I’m wondering WTF happened. (This also applies to David NT. Two previously-normal guys going full BSAB in a thread about Trump and the KKK? The fucking fuckery-fuck is going on?)

… Of course, he responded by grabbing the nails and heading to the nearest cross like he had the whole show pre-planned, so yeah, undeservedly fair.

Hambeast, Social Justice Beastie
Hambeast, Social Justice Beastie

It sees like Joe might have finally worn out his welcome over at Dispatches from the Culture Wars. Or else it was Pharyngula. Those are the only two other blogs I spend any time at.

Imaginary Petal

I wonder if in 2020 the Republican primaries will be even more extreme, or if they’ll be slightly more reasonable. I just don’t know where they will go after this trainwreck.

mockingbird
mockingbird

@Dali – I’ll quote myself.

I agree with you.

Except for Ted Cruz.

He could suddenly turn 180 on his positions and I’d still think he’s a creepy fuck with predatory eyes who’d never, ever get my vote.

mockingbird
mockingbird

The more I think about it, the more I think that’s probably true.

And, thinking about it, it’s all been men that I’ve heard complain about her.

As you said, I’m sure she’s a jerk, but probably no worse than any other high-power politician.

I still don’t like her, though – she’s just such an opportunistic neoliberal.

Sarah
Sarah

These folks like to spend a lot of time yammering about THE CONSTITUTION OMG. They might want to take a good long look at the first bullet point in this video:

Basically Trump has used his wealth to buy politicians into utilizing eminent domain in order to force homeowners out of their homes when they were in the way of his real estate deals. He also has said he’d like to rewrite libel laws to make it illegal to criticize him. This is him as a wealthy non-official using the law to enrich himself. Imagine if he actually gets into office and he has the keys and access to all the big red buttons.

Viscaria
Viscaria

This thread is depressing. 2 different dudes willing to let other people suffer because a perfect solution hasn’t presented itself.

@katz

It’s such a common thing to see that I didn’t even notice. Ugh.

dlouwe
dlouwe

@SFHC

I for real can’t find where you said this. Perhaps one of your comments got eaten by a rogue mammoth?

David N-T
David N-T

@Imaginary Petal

I read it. I just misunderstood the basis of the grievance (Democratic vs. Democrat, I get it now) as something else. Sorry.

Dalillama
Dalillama

@ Mockingbird
To be perfectly honest, if Ted Cruz came around and started proclaiming his total allegiance to every value I hold dear, I would start seriously reexamining my beliefs, because clearly there’s something desperately wrong with them I hadn’t seen before. I simply couldn’t stand to be on the same side as Ted Cruz.

David N-T
David N-T

@SHFC

Part of the reason I lose my cool when it comes to electoral politics is because I despair at the entire process, which I think is largely a sham to legitimate whoever is in power. I don’t necessarily think it’s entirely intended that way, but it does tend to work out that way in practice. For instance, Obama rode to office largely based on public displeasure with the wars and with the economic meltdown and bailouts. Two terms later, the US is still in Iraq and Aghanistan, the Obama administration has enacted more bailouts. Meanwhile, the anti-war and foment that was there in Bush’s time has evaporated and there isn’t much in the way of protests aimed at Wall Street since the dismantling of Occupy.

Again, I apologize if I offended anyone, but there’s so much about electoral politics (the pageantry, the way it’s covered in the news, the cult of personality, the issue non-issues and non-isssue issues, etc.) that makes my skin crawl that I get very very irritated when I hear people defend the Democratic party given that I consider that it is so deeply part of the problem and its perpetuation.

Bacon
Bacon

Even from all the way over in England it is very apparent that one American Party is the lesser evil. I mean, the Republican side literally has the endorsement of the KKK? So I don’t see how anyone can reasonably argue that there is no moral difference.
This is a ‘Someone Is Wrong On The Internet’ that is visible from the other side of the planet. Surely they can’t be serious?