antifeminism gross incompetence memes misogyny MRA open thread

Correct Spelling is Misandry! A Memeday Open Thread

Stay in school, MRA kids!
Stay in school, MRA kids!

Dudes, seriously? If you’re this bad at spelling, run your damn memes by someone you know who can spell before posting them for all of the Internet to see.

The word is spelled "therefore."
Wat

Dudes: The word is spelled “therefore.” With an “e” at the end. Also, center your text properly! In addition, I would suggest that you 1) lay off the rape jokes and 2) try to make even a little bit of sense.

mraschoolthen

Dudes: it’s “than,” not “then.” They are different words, with different meanings, and you used the wrong one.

Also, that first sentence is a mess. Change “or have internalized misogyny” to “nor do they have internalized misogyny.”

Once again, a feminist has to do the work that MRAs should be doing themselves. At least this time they spelled “misogyny” correctly.

As for you, dear readers: Feel free to discuss the arguments (or the spelling) of any of these memes. But you can use this as an open thread, too.

Mattie
Mattie

It’s not misandry, but it is kind of classist and ableist to shame people for bad spelling (as opposed to the horrible things they’re actually saying).

mechazawa
mechazawa

they might be on to something, with the sharks. i’m picturing an undersea oceanography lab.
i’m a little bit obsessed with Dragon Age these days. i was fighting the archdemon just now when the game crashed.

weirwoodtreehugger

I thought MRAs were supposed to be concerned about male rape victims. By their logic, shouldn’t men have to go live in the ocean with sharks?

I just really don’t understand this meme. It seems to be saying that women aren’t really worried about rape. We just say we are to use it as an excuse for misandry. Because if we were really so concerned about a too high number of rapists, we’d go live in the ocean with sharks. But the reason women don’t go live in the ocean with sharks is because humans aren’t aquatic mammals. We’re land mammals. We physically can not live in the ocean. They could’ve solved this very silly problem by requesting we live with a lion pride or grizzly bears or something.

Anyway, on the more personal stuff side of things, I’m taking Amoxicillin prophylactically because my last wisdom tooth extraction healed badly and got a minor infection (not dry socket I don’t think). Why, why, why do they make pills that are so huge? I actually got a little scared when I opened the bottle. And I didn’t scared at all by the novacaine shots or the extractions. Just the gigantic freaking pill that I’m probably going to choke on. I’m feeling very fortunate right now that I don’t have any chronic conditions that require me to take medications regularly and I only have to swallow lots of pills on a temporary basis. It’s a huge pain!

Lady Mondegreen
Lady Mondegreen

@Mattie

It’s not misandry, but it is kind of classist and ableist to shame people for bad spelling (as opposed to the horrible things they’re actually saying.)

Not when they’re reasonably sophisticated internet users attempting to disseminate ideas, it’s not. These memes aren’t the work of isolated individuals crying in the wilderness. You’re part of a “human rights movement” and you want to communicate with the big wide world? Try spellcheck, or Google. Or at least have somebody double check your damn spelling.

Falconer
Falconer

What Lady Mondegreen said. Also, these guys pretend to intelligence. They’re constantly telling us how much smarter they are than women and beta orbiters, because they know The Truth and are Going Their Own Way. Any day now. You’ll be sorry. Just you watch us.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Only if we know that they’re lower-class or have a mental disability/disorder. It can also be racist if we know that they’re ESL.

… But when we’re talking about middle-class neurotypical Anglophones, as we are here, this complaint kinda just comes across as a silencing tactic.

It’s petty, sure, but it’s not bigoted.

Mish
Mish

The last meme just needs a comma: “It is nothing more, then a division of labor.”
See? Makes perfect sense now 🙂
(I even left the ‘u’ out of ‘labor’ despite the pain it caused. You’re welcome).

Mish
Mish

@weirwoodtreehugger:
(a) I think the shark meme is basically suggesting that women should drown themselves
(b) hope you’re feeling ok. Can you break the pills up?

weirwoodtreehugger

Mish,
So far I’m fine. Hopefully it sticks! I could see if my grandmother has a pill splitter. She lives right next door. I’ll probably just suck it up though.

weirwoodtreehugger

I can never figure out whether women are supposed to be stay at home moms because biotruth assfax. Or if SAHMs are evil because it’s misandry to sit at home eating bonbons while their husbands work themselves to death.

I mean, it’s not like MRAs have to be a hivemind. But as far as I know, this isn’t an issue they discuss that much amongst themselves and the same MRA will often hold both opinions simultaneously. Really, it’s just that women are bad and any choice we make is misandry.

Tragedy of the Commas
Tragedy of the Commas

“It is nothing more then[sic] a division of labor”.

Indeed. Labor is made up of the prefix “la” and the suffix “bor”. La, as the knowledgeable linguistic nerds of this blog will know, is a French article. It translates to “the” in English. “Bor”, meanwhile, is Ye Olde French for the animal the boar. It’s the etymological root of the word! Literary nerds will recall that Sir Bors was one of King Arthur’s knights in Le Morte d’Arthur by Sir Thomas Malory. Bors was also a boorish man with all the sophistication and tact of a boar. (But without literal tusks.) Thus, we see that MRAs have unwittingly admitted that their various ideas are nothing more than the divisions of a misogynistic whole: a boorish ideology of boar-like people.

In conclusion? MRAs are pigs. QED.

Chiomara
Chiomara

Hey, you all. I just wanted to come around and tell you that, every since my valentine’s day post there hasn’t been any fighting. We started clear and he agreed to my terms, to be more respectful and start respecting my place of speech and life experience, and every since we had one discussion, and it went along fine. It’s amazing how well you can understand something when you are not screaming or interrupting, and it’s amazing how well you can explain something when you are not crying out of frustration for seeing someone you love getting drowned in an antifeminist litter. Let’s see how long this good wave lasts.

Oh, and Orion (it was you, right?), thank you again. I showed your texts to my therapist and she is currently researching about “gifted children”. We made a little test and she says it does sounds viable. Feels so good to finally understand myself a bit better!

Depression is still strong and I recently had a ptsd dream, after a blissful almost a month long hiatus. I freaking hate this. But on the bright side, I seem to finally have managed to get a routine going for a while now. I wake up, work out, shower, learn German, study under the sun, shower again, work, and leisure. I know my “updates” are the most boring thing (seriously, who considers “I have a routine and had a nightmare” an update?), but only getting out of bed really is a huge achievement for me. So having a productive routine even when problems and ptsd kick me is really a champaign popping event for me! :p

OH! And I am soon going to be an aunt and godmother in 5 weeks! Let’s all send good energies or prayers if you are religious, and pecans if you are not (seriously, send me pecans) for the birth to be peaceful and for me to have strength to change diapers :3

Bina

Dittos. And I’d add that these guys’ spelling reflects their general pattern of thinking: Sloppy, slipshod, and shitty.

Also, I’m an English major. I went to a lot of trouble, expense, and school for this. Dammit, I demand satisfaction!

PS to WWTH: Monster pills go down best with a good drink. Preferably wine, but water or tea will do.

Nequam
Nequam

@Chiomara: good to hear!

MexicanHotChocolate
MexicanHotChocolate

What if I told you that it’s pretty funny when MRAs use imagery from The Matrix in their memes and posts when The Matrix was co-written and co-directed by Lana Wachowski, a transwoman and featured a major strong female character. What if I told you it’s even funnier when you consider that the Wachowskis previous movie, Bound, was about a lesbian couple taking revenge on one of the women’s mafioso boyfriend.

kupo
kupo

Not boring at all. Very good news to hear, and I’m glad things are going well for you right now.

weirwoodtreehugger

I wish for wine. I’d rather to wine + ibuprofen + antibiotic than water + Norco + antibiotic. But, alas. Alcohol, hot beverages, and carbonation all supposedly increase the risk for dry socket so for the next few days it’s only juice, water, and those Starbucks frapp bottles. 🙁

sevenofmine
sevenofmine

My first thought on the shark one is that it’s analogizing men with sharks. Women expecting to share spaces with men without fear of rape is like trying to live among sharks and expecting not to be mauled.

Chiomara
Chiomara

I think that the shark thing is an attempt of “satire”. Like if the woman was saying this and mras who read should think like “haha, dumb feminists are so dumb they think living under the sea is safer than living with men”.
Or maybe the meme maker saw someone saying like “people consider sharks, for example, a real danger while they don’t consider rape as such. We should take more measures against rape.” and made an attempt at “gotcha”.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

@Chiomara: I’m glad things are looking like they’ll work out between the two of you. I know my (and a few other users’) advice was to dump him, but I’m still glad you two managed to find a way to work it out.

As for the shark thing: I think it’s in response to a meme I saw floating around saying that women had a greater chance to be raped than to be attacked by a shark, but it also pointed out that having a fear of sharks was considered a good thing, but having a suspicion of men is considered “misandry” and gets women yelled at by MRAs because they don’t assume that every man they meet is a Nice Guy (especially if it’s them she’s suspicious of). In other words, it’s another example of MRAs completely misunderstanding and misrepresenting a feminist argument.

As for the last meme: I personally don’t feel like women who choose to be SAHMs have internalized misogyny solely because they’re SAHMs. If they can afford to be a SAHM and their husband wants to work and they want to stay home with the kids, more power to ’em. However, if they start getting snotty with women who choose to not do that and come at them with some shit about how “It’s a woman’s place to be at home with her kids! You’re so selfish to be thinking about your career instead of your poor husband! Who’s taking care of them?!”THEN she’s touting some serious internalized misogyny.

The other problem I have with that meme is that MRAs want all women to be SAHMs, whether they want to or not, and they’re most likely just mad that people called them misogynists over it.

Scaly Llama
Scaly Llama

@WWTH

You could try the Miracle Max approach and coat it in chocolate? 😉

Seriously though, melted chocolate really works well – I’ve used it before to get down the horse-pills-masquerading-as-vitamin-tablets I have to take every day.

Thick hot choc works. Custard is also nice, as is ice cream and puréed apples. Almost anything mushy will help 😊 Just take a spoonful, pop the tablet in your mouth, and swallow.

It’s all about tricking your mind into thinking you’re just swallowing a mouthful of food, not a tablet. Throat muscles tend to constrict on tablets, but know how to relax for food.

I know how you feel – only long experience has made it easier for me, plus learning a few tricks. Hope that’s somewhat helpful.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

@Chiomara

Make sure you take proper care to moisturize your skin well, I know the climate where you’re at does tend to lead to additional showering, but that doesn’t mean the skin won’t appreciate moisturizing to compensate for what is lost.

Good skin is good skin after all.

EJ (The Other One)

I’m really glad to hear that things are better, Chiomara.

Ddog
Ddog

OT but has anyone else been falling Kesha’s case in the news? My heart broke for her when she started crying. I’ve been there, feeling the system has let you down and the world’s a poisonous place. I really hope she has a good network of people that support her. AND there’s still awful people that accuse her of lying. Ugh just ugh, bet they’re the same people who like those ridiculous memes

ashley
ashley

The thing is, in a division of labor, the results of the labor are meant to be equitably distributed between the laborers for mutual benefit. But last I heard, MRAs were big fans of men getting 50% custody of the wife’s labor, but vehemently NOT fans of the wife also getting 50% of the husband’s labor.

Kat
Kat

It’s impossible to know for sure, but I have the impression that these bad spellers are arrogant, not lacking in privilege.

They see it as being like housework. Someone else can clean up their dirty dishes and their sloppy spelling. They’re above it all.

Plus, even though Mommy is an excellent speller, she might not want to proofread what he’s written.

bluecat
bluecat

@ Chiomara – really good to hear that, and congratulations on the forthcoming nibling (= nephew/niece). Being an aunt is great.

Sorry about the dreams though. Routines do help, work, food and exercise.

I’ve found my abuse nightmares pop up nowadays mainly when I’m actually making progress or doing something challenging that I really want to succeed in. It’s like that’s the moment it all reappears to try and trip me up.

It kind of lost some of its impact when I worked that out and started feeling it was more tedious and predictable than terrifying. I mean, come on subconscious, tell me something I don’t know! As soon as I realised that it lost a lot of its power.

A less cynical view might be that when you are in a better place the ptsd pops up and says, “Hey, would this be a good time to sort me out?”

I wonder, as things seem so much more positive with you, whether something of the kind is happening?

Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)
Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)

Hi everyone, can I ask for a favor?

My Significant Otter is working on her thesis (the big one) and she needs participants. She would be extremely grateful for your participation. The general field is communications.

Participation entails filling out a short questionnaire, which will enter you into a raffle for a $25 Amazon gift card, and then completing quick and simple tasks, which will enter you into a raffle for a $50 Amazon gift card. Participating is unlikely to be stressful or scary, and the whole thing should take less than 30 minutes – 5 minutes for the questionnaire and about 20 minutes at a separate time for the tasks.

All you need is a computer with an internet connection, and the ability to communicate in English – whether it’s your first or second language doesn’t matter. To take the questionnaire, click this link:

Getting a decent number of participants would reduce my Otter’s anxiety level by approximately 100%, so please help an Otter today? Please? 🙂

dust bunny
dust bunny

That last one reminds me of something I’ve been meaning to ask you guys about for a while now.

Has anyone read Whipping Girl by Julia Serano?

I’ve been looking for useful stuff on femininity and femmephobia for a long time. So far I haven’t come across any sources that would have proved to be definitive for me. Many references to Whipping Girl have come up, but I haven’t been able to figure out whether it’s only tangentially relevant to my interests. Reading an entire book is a major effort for me, and I’d like to be fairly sure it’s going to be worth it first. If anyone can offer any input, I’d be deeply grateful.

cw: potential femmephobia. Dysphoria makes me a little femmephobic and I can’t always tell. This is about femininity, so I’ll be at risk of committing the besetting sin.

—————————————————————————————————————–
Anything that directly deals with the relationship between femininity and sexism or oppression is of interest to me. Many aspects of traditional femininity are difficult to separate from gendered oppression, and if there’s some sort of emerging consensus on what is plainly sexist and can be excluded from a new and improved non-sexist concept of femininity (neofemininity! ba-dum-tshh), that would be awesome.

I tend toward trans-friendly gender abolitionism, and at the moment see all positive or neutral character traits as ungendered rather than “feminine” or “masculine” and the dichotomy as inherently sexist, retrograde and limiting, but this view has its issues and most of all makes living as a closeted nonbinary in 2016 actively painful. I might have less dysphoria if I could see femininity as an arbitrary and possibly statistically descriptive, but not normative, defining or limiting collection of character traits. If there’s a baby in the bathwater of having femininity and masculinity as concepts that do not refer to history or purely physical traits at all, it would be immensely valuable to me to find it. I might even change my mind about being a woman and unlock maximum cis privilege.
—————————————————————————————————————–

All thoughts on this topic and recommendations for any potentially helpful material are very welcome.

arash
arash

@Mattie

they are not mentally disabled and if they use internet then they have enough resources to learn spelling so they are just stupid and lazy.

CCD
CCD

We don’t need to breed misogyny to live. Those tribbles have already multiplied, and we have plenty of the original stock to contain, as it is.

CCD
CCD

@Mattie: if they can operate a computer, rant about their hatred of women online on a regular basis, and create a meme with text, then they can operate any of a number of readily available spellcheckers, which would have easily found the correct wording for them. So I have no sympathy, here.

dust bunny
dust bunny

@ arash

Spelling is still a strong class signifier, in a way that doesn’t reduce to correlatedness with mental disability. Simply having the resources to do something doesn’t mean you are also in the position to prioritize that thing, or that it makes sense to you to do so. There are class correlated subcultures that don’t value correct spelling highly. Having that kind of culture doesn’t mean anyone is stupid or lazy, it just means they don’t share your values.

“Stupid and lazy” is exactly the sort of think educated and rich people have always said about those who are neither because of their race or class background.

It’s not okay to shame people for having low intelligence.

You don’t know whether they are dyslexic or not.

@ Lady Mondegreen

The internet is a very democratic medium, and just because someone is here, I don’t think you can conclude they’re sophisticated in any way. Especially if it’s young people.

I don’t like the idea that people who can’t or won’t project an educated, middle class image shouldn’t participate in movements or speak publically. There are weird moral tones to language policing. We’ve all internalized the assumption that correct language = good and right, because this indoctrination is a necessary part of the education that lead to us using language and spelling correctly in the first place. But this is an assumption we should beware of making, because it was historically invented for the purpose of excluding the lower classes from public discourse. The reason our parents and teachers found it so important to inculcate us with the right values was that they wanted us to have the protection of the privilege that comes along with sounding smart and middle class.

This I agree with.

Kootiepatra

@Imaginary Petal – For the Otter! *takes quiz*

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Seconding that (if a drink isn’t enough to do the trick) taking pills with food is a good way of fooling the reflexive closing-up of the throat. If I’m having trouble, I’ve found putting the pill inside a bit of bread helpful (no crusts!). Which is counter-intuitive I suppose because the resulting little ball of breadcrumb is considerably bigger than a pill on its own, of course, but so much easier to swallow down.

It also works on the dog (in her case we use cheese) 🙂

Hope the oral surgery situation resolves quickly and perfectly, WWTH!

And my best wishes to Chiomara; working out, showering and studying plus sun, work and leisure sound extremely positive to me.

Chiomara
Chiomara

@Bluecat
I unfortunately haven’t noticed a trend. It’s been more or less recurrent for about 6 months, I usually have hiatus if I am feeling really safe and confident (when I was with him in Germany for 2 months I had it about 3 times only, and it wasn’t as bad), but that’s all. The nightmare is almost more or less the same, and I wish it lost effect over me. Sometimes I even know I am dreaming, but it doesn’t help. It seems to be more about humiliation than fear and surprise, and knowing it’s a dream and can’t hurt me doesn’t make the things they say about me untrue. The imagery is also more disturbing than anything of any horror movie I have ever seen, and features all of my triggers. So it has been difficult to say “meh, I know you can’t hurt me”, but I really hope I get there. I know that having ptsd you know too that it’s not simply a nightmare, and not easy to get over it.

arash
arash

@dust bunny
let’s make it clear, there is a difference between the internet and other mediums: it’s superfast and supereasy to use.
also it needs a basic set of abilities, if somebody can make memes and post online contents that person can use the internet to spell check his/her posts and memes.
Laziness by definition is “a disinclination to activity or exertion despite having the ability to act or exert oneself”
so when it’s easy and that person has the ability to spell check something, not prioritizing that thing is what we call laziness.

this is not about some underprivileged and disabled people(regarding to spell checking and internet usage) because if they were, they couldn’t use the internet(means they are privileged enough to use it properly)
and by stupid we’re not talking about IQ or EQ, but rather lacking common sense and having intelligence capacity but not using it.

You don’t know whether they are dyslexic or
not.

this matter is very medium-dependent, when there is no immediate way to know proper spelling it’s a disability but if you’re dyslexic and using the internet then you’re not disabled anymore because you can spell check anything quickly but you don’t.

anyway it is very similar to other excuses for misogyny or assholines, there is no definite indication that the stupidity and laziness of these people come from a mental disorder.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Also, too, @ Imaginary Petal: Otterwards and Quizwards! ::tookened the quiz::

StarStorm
StarStorm

So, I finished XCOM 2. Intense battle for the last mission. Kind of happy how heavy my team was on mind control though. Nothing keeps all your people alive like a convienent patsy.

Also, had a GREAT game of Town of Salem (for those who don’t know, it’s a Mafia/Werewolf type game) a little ago. I ended up as Veteran (that is, I can go alert three different knights and shoot whoever visits me), basically outed myself and warned that anyone who visited me would die. First night… shot the investigator. Whoops. Well hey, I DID warn you.

Godfather must have figured I’d be hinky about going on alert the second night after shooting such an important roll. What are the chances?

PRETTY GOOD I’D SAY. Mafioso shot, night 2. Didn’t think he’d go for it night 3… but then he apparently thought I wouldn’t, so got shot night 3. Ah well.

So, hang out in dead chat, watch everyone screw up, and two of the townies get into an argument. They both claim Medium. (Mediums can talk to the dead at night, and if dead, can choose someone during the day to talk to them at night one time). There’s one automatically on the list, but there’s also a random townie that could be a Medium. Talking to the medium in dead chat… I twig that there is, in fact, two mediums. So now they’re hooked up and know each other is trustworthy.

Aaaand then the town hangs the Jester. OOPS. (The Jester wins if they get hung, and if they get hung the next night they can choose ONE person who voted to hang). BUUUUT, the dead have been suspecting one person of being the last mafia. And guess what, they voted to hang the jester! Ask the jester to kill suspicious person…

Town wins. I felt so good about that. Sorry, I just had to brag.

Playonwords
Playonwords

Obviously, it was their secretaries fault

The dog ate their homework

There too kool 4 yaw konvinshonul dikshonary

Spelling is a SJW plot

You’re nit picking

arash
arash

@dust bunny

it may have been used for this purpose, but invented?! you’re making a bold claim and you should back it up with evidence and reasoning.
i hope you don’t consider my demand a privileged one!

kupo
kupo

@Petal
Your otter is awesome what with the BB8 earrings. Of course I’ll help. ^o^

Kat
Kat

I see no reason why these vicious sexists can’t get someone else to check their spelling.

If they don’t know any good spellers, they can use spell check. (They should anyway.)

And if they don’t know any good spellers and they’re creating graphics using a program that doesn’t have spell check as an option, they can check every word of the graphics (usually there aren’t many in a graphic) in Webster’s online.

And if they say that they’re geniuses who happen not to value good spelling, they can still post their graphics online.

But I will definitely be making fun of both their message and their spelling.

I don’t usually believe in belittling a person for bad spelling, but I’ll make an exception for these people.

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

Maybe a shark wrote that in order to sure up the numbers of shark attacks.

If a position you hold places interacting with men, and interacting with sharks, whilst being a woman, in the same ball park, chances are you have not really considered what you are saying.

Ellesar
Ellesar

Mattie – George Dubya mangled the English language every day and he was extremely wealthy, privileged, and had no disability (as far as I am aware).

Also Mattie I rather take umbrage at your implication that poor/ working class people cannot, or are less likely to, spell correctly.

Watch Educating Rita sometime – there are no spelling tests in it but it is a bloody good film about a working class woman getting an education.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

I also tookened the otter’s quiz.

WWTH

Be careful with cutting pills – of course if they’re marked then it’s obviously OK. And I agree with everyone about a drink or some icecream-yogurt-soft stuff to ensure you swallow the damn thing. Remember that if it feels as though a tablet is stuck in your throat, it very likely is stuck in your throat. So have another drink, another mouthful of icecream or whatever to dislodge it pronto. You really don’t want it dissolving in your throat.

I had a very nasty episode a few months ago with my amitryptiline tablet. Swallowed it with a very small amount of water – just what was left in my glass. By the time I’d realised it really was stuck in my throat and husband & I were elbowing each other out of the way to get to the kitchen for more water, my throat was burning something awful. There’s a very good reason why these tablets are coated.

I looked it up and came across a fool who had been prescribed it after a sports injury (it’s an old-fashioned anti-depressant but it’s still used a lot because it works really well for crook joints and muscles, it’s a really good relaxant). I have no idea why he decided to do this, but he crushed his tablet. If I did that, it would be to mix it with yogurt or jam to make it easy to swallow. Not this witless bozo, he snorted it. My brief brush with it makes his description of the feeling that his nose was on fire entirely believable.

Tragedy of the Commas
Tragedy of the Commas

@ Jamesworkshop

Yeah, comparing interacting with men to interacting with sharks has unfortunate implications. One of which is that sharks are safer to be around than men. At least sharks are vital to the earth’s water ecosystems. Plus they don’t usually attack humans and it’s not out of malicious hate for one’s gender when they do. A rapist chooses to rape.

(To be fair, not all rapists are men and rape statistics include rapes by people who aren’t men. But, as documented on this site, MRAs talk of being a rapist as the natural state of cis men often enough that saying the implication is “safer than men” rather than “safer than rapists” makes sense in this context.)

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

I don’t “get” large medicinal pills either, and I’m a rather large-bodied adult person.

When I had hernia surgery years ago, I was told to not eat or drink in the preceding night and morning. If I understood correctly, it’s a safety hazard to have something in your stomach that you might throw up during operation. I took a few sips of water in the morning, anyway.

Shortly before operation, the nurse told me to take a few pills of varying sizes. After a little whining, I got a cup of water and the larger pills were cut in half. Then I was just able to swallow them.

More recently, I had someone buy pain med pills for my back, and they turned out to be all too big and tough to either swallow whole or cut in half. Luckily my back got better soon. It’s nice to be reasonably young and healthy.

I might have to eventually get one of my wisdom teeth removed, since there was a small cavity my dentist had trouble filling, because of extreme location. I also have trouble brushing my back teeth because of highly sensitive gag reflex.

Lea
Lea

Mattie has a good point. But the issue here is laziness combined with a constant claim of superiority, not their class or ability.

I’m somewhat dyslexic. I’ll misspell the same words the same way over and over again. But I know that and I check myself. Sometimes I skip the vigilance and it shows. But were I to publish a meme that I believed was activism, I’d be careful. What their lack of care demonstrates is that they are not at all the superior people they claim to be. It isn’t a disability. It’s just sloppiness and it matches the sloppiness of their logix.

My daughter is severely dyslexic. She also writes short fiction. It takes her longer than it takes other writers, but she manages. If she can do it, so can they. They just can’t be arsed.

1 2 3 4