a voice for men antifeminism artistry comics entitled babies evil ugly women evil working women irony alert memes men who should not ever be with women ever misogynoir misogyny MRA post contains sarcasm reactionary bullshit red pill women's suffrage

MRA’s and Their Future-tense Schadenfreude: Memeday, Early Edition

Found on AVFM's Facebook page
Found on AVFM’s Facebook page

Every Friday is Memeday here at We Hunted the Mammoth, but this week I’m going to start the celebration a day early, with a collection of “told you so!” memes I found, mostly, on Men’s Rights and other antifeminist Facebook pages.

Now, most of us human beings enjoy a bit of Schadenfreude now and then; it’s not the most noble of emotions, but it’s kind of hard to resist laughing a little when some horrible person gets their comeuppance.

Men’s Rights Activists are a pretty bitter and immature bunch, so it’s hardly a shock to see them giggling away at other people’s misfortunes. But it’s still a bit surprising to see just how many of the memes they create and/or pass along are little more than meanspirited “told you sos.”

Even more striking is how many of them offer up a sort of future-tense Schadenfreude. They’re not laughing because some feminist they hate has gotten their comeuppance; they’re laughing at the possibility that this feminist will get their comeuppance some time in the future. And I don’t think I’m wrong to see a sort of anxious desperation underlying these memes; I think on some level most MRAs know their Schadenfreudy fantasies aren’t going to come true.

The meme posted at the top of the page — I posted it before in a roundup of memes from A Voice for Men — is a visual representation of the rather tired claim, repeated endlessly by MRAs, that feminist women will end up dying alone surrounded by a small army of cats.

It’s not clear to me exactly why MRAs find this prediction quite so hilarious. Women tend to live longer than men, which means that even the most staunchly antifeminist women are likely to outlive their partners, giving them pretty much the same chance of ending up “alone” late in their lives, at least if they have no family or friends outside of their late husbands.

But for some reason there aren’t a lot of feminists sitting around cackling at the thought of GirlWritesWhat dying alone at some date in the not-so-near future. Because that’s petty, and tacky, and mean.

In addition to being a stony-hearted bunch, MRAs also tend to be a bit impatient, and like to imagine their sworn feminist enemies having their Waterloos long before they get to the age of seventy.

And so MRAs fantasize about feminists having a sudden realization that they were wrong and the MRAs were right — shortly after hitting age 30 or whenever it is that modern misogynists like to imagine that women magically turn into pumpkin-faced uggos.

nothingtoshow

Dudes, only MRAs, misogynists and pedophiles think that a woman’s “best years” are in her teens and early 20s.

By why wait for these imaginary feminists to have some sort of drastically premature mid-life crisis when you can just pretend that they’ll all be miserable just as soon as they graduate from college with their women’s studies degrees.

sandwich

Whoever made this meme picked an awfully cheerful-looking woman to represent a young feminist brokenhearted over having to work at Subway.

But women don’t have to work in food service to be miserable, the mememakers insist. Having to work ANY job at all is going to make them regret their feminism. Because apparently, before feminism came along, women were pampered creatures who slept all day on silk sheets, surrounded by bon-bon wrappers and an assortment of tiny dogs, while their husbands worked 25-hour-days in the salt mines.

thelook

Huh. Somehow I missed the part where feminism told women that working in an office was the closest thing to paradise on earth

Then there’s this tired trope, a lovely example of misogynoir turned into a meme by a black MRA cartoonist I first noticed on DeviantArt a couple of years ago.

beatutchick

And let’s end this survey of future-tense schadenfreude with a meme that somehow manages to work in two historical cartoons I really like and that I think I’ve posted here before.

worthit

I’m going to say, “yes,” except perhaps the portion of her life she spent married to a dickhead.

And because the first two cartoons there deserve better than to be shoved into a dopey antifeminist meme, let’s look at them in all their full-sized glory.

nobody

We love you, kickass suffragette girl!

This cartoon was originally intended as anti-suffragette propaganda, but, seriously, that girl is AWESOME.

Looking through the collection of anti-sufragette cartoons featured on the post I linked to above, I noticed another one that shows pretty clearly just how ancient and utterly unoriginal the “you feminists will all die alone” trope really is.

suffragetteat50

See, wanting the vote makes women UGLY!

Is is even necessary to point out the obvious: that despite all the mean cartoons they inspired, the suffragettes WON.

And here’s that other cartoon, of more recent vintage:

rmancelib

Wait, is that redhaired gal dating Carl Sagan?

magnesium
magnesium

Do you think the comic about the black nerd has enough watermarks on it? There’s still a bit of uncluttered mess at the top.

Monzach
Monzach

I like the fact that in the second anti-Suffragette comic the woman’s haircolor seems to change in each picture. I guess the horror of women dying their hair was known even in the 1910s. 🙁

As for the last image, I can definitely see Carl Sagan, but also Nichelle Nicholls, Lou Ferrigno and every single iteration of Clark Kent (not Superman, Clark Kent) ever. 😛

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

That suffragette girl is the most badass person ever. Look at her little dog!

davidknewton

Wow, imagine having to spend your life alone and independent instead of enduring decades of companionship with one of these cheeto-bearded bastards.

Catherine
Catherine

So, who do they think is going to live with MGTOWs in their old age?

Not going to be many gorgeous young things willing to waste their SMV on ’em.

eyesopen
eyesopen

My husband and I are feminists, we have a lovely family, we have both had careers and we are certainly not lonely ….. maybe we’ve been doing this feminist thing all wrong.

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

Why wait? become MRA/MGTOW and you can be lonely today!

Most (heterosexual) women are lonely in later life because the weak male gender is often dead by that point, that’s no flaw of feminist thinking and practice.

Kreator
Kreator

So MRAs wish upon feminists the sort of life they have? How cruel indeed.

Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)
Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)

Can’t see that I would ever date/marry a non-feminist woman. But then I’m a total beta white knight so who cares.

I thought this was going to be a grammar geek post. 🙁

Ellesar
Ellesar

How is NOT being a feminist some kind of guarantee against loneliness and/ or unhappiness? None of the women in my family who married men (whether they stayed married or not) were in happy marriages. Even if they had been my grandmothers outlived my grandfathers by 6 and 29 years.

If we have children without fathers there MIGHT be a reason for that! Mine is unusual – lesbian mother, sperm donors, but most women who raise children on their own do so because the alternative became unbearable. You do not need to know ANYTHING about feminism to know that you are in a situation that makes you unhappy.

It is true that one of the most prominent suffragettes in England did not marry – but that is because she rejected marriage on political principle. Sylvia Pankhurst did however have a long relationship with Sylvio, an Italian anarchist, and they had one child together.

I suppose at least the cartoon that shows the ‘thug’ and the ‘nerd’ isn’t dripping with the usual racism we have come to expect from the manosphere (though still looks pretty dodgy to me) – but why would the thug have to be reassured by the woman about the nerd? I don’t think the thug – muscled and therefore presumably alpha is going to spend ANY time worried about nerds!

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

The more I think about it, the more I think that MRAs believe that “feminist” and “woman” are synonyms. It’d be great if all women were feminists, but I doubt any of us would claim that it’s currently the case.

They also don’t seem to believe that male feminists exist, let alone exist and are currently tempted by the prospect of cheeseburgers in the other thread.

eloli
eloli

Really, the lonely old spinster trope yet again?
Do this MRA douches still live in the 50s, as in the 1850s?
My mum’s older sister was engaged to be married in her late 20s, but called it off because, well, her fiance was kind of douchy, and she didn’t want to tie herself down. This happenned in the late 70s, when I was a little kid. Nobody told her back then that she was gonna die lonely and sad. Quite the opposite, actually, I recall my grandma telling her that nobody should marry just out of social pressure, and this is a woman who was born in 1916 we’re talking about!
Well, as you might guess, my aunt lived a pretty happy life, did whatever she wanted and I actually lived with her as a student for a while in the early 90s. Now in her early 70s, she’s not lonely, in fact, she enjoys her twelve great nephews and nieces (two of them are mine, actually) whenever she wants to and in her own terms.
Really, if this douches weren’t so laughable, they’d be pitiful.

Rhuu
Rhuu

The awful thing is that the studies i read show male widows as the ones with the terrible quality of life, because they relied on their wives for everything. Wives do housework, maintain connctions with children, with friends, and with the community at large.

I imagine this will change as the generations age and men who have started to realise the importance of emotional labour and being able to take care of yourself find themselves alone.

My grandmother is in her 80s, and has been without my grandfather for over ten years. She has the most active social life of anyone i know.

I’m not going to lie, being ace (grace? Maybe) i worry about winding up alone. But i hope that i’ll be able to maintain the friendships i currently have as well as make new ones. A romatic partner isn’t the only defense against this crippling loneliness they assume we will suffer, and i feel sad for them that they don’t see the value in any other type of relationship.

Their lives must be so lonely.

(I wish it didn’t result in such awful hate spewed across the internet though!!)

Edited to add: the ads in this post wete all about longer lasting batteries. Feminist!Duracell, haha.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

With today’s job market, even STEM grads could find themselves making sandwiches for a living to pay off their college debt. There are no guarantees.

Has any feminist, anywhere, ever stopped in her tracks and said to herself, “You know, independence, money, and freedom really aren’t all that great. I wish I was back in the kitchen, terrified and dependent, turning out sandwiches and babies for an abusive husband. Now that’s a worthwhile life!”

If women have midlife regrets, it’s more likely to be regret over time wasted trying to make relationships/marriages work with selfish, empathy-deprived men.

Oravanystava
Oravanystava

There seems to be another thing that should demonstrate that these memes are ridiculously wrong: If it truly is the unavoidable fate of every feminist to end up sad and alone at some point in their life, where are all the people voicing their regret in some way? Feminism has been around for quite some time after all.

But it is always “this will happen to you” and never “this has happened to me, don’t make the same mistake”, isn’t it? If I recall correctly, most of the “womenagainstfeminism” (or whatever they were called) were young-ish women who didn’t seem to quite understand feminism; and not disillusioned older ones.

Freemage
Freemage

I think the last cartoon is even sillier and more insulting than your read, David–it’s not the tale of a girl who grows up to be an old spinster because she’s a suffragette (as ellesar notes above, that might actually have happened on occasion because belief in personal independence might lead a woman to reject the idea of marriage, especially in a more patriarchal society); rather, it’s the tale of a young girl who becomes a suffragette because she is an old spinster. In other words, the claim is that only ‘old maids’ would bother with something silly like fighting for the right to vote. If she’d gotten married in her ‘prime’, the cartoon says, she wouldn’t feel the need to fight for her own right to be recognized as a person.

DS
DS

So not that I’m representative of the general population or anything, but I’m a male feminist married to a female feminist. My wife is bisexual and wanted to explore polyfidelity. We’ve done that, and long story short, far from either of us being lonely and sad, we have twice the companionship, a wife variety of expanded horizons to pursue, and a cool new friend to geek out with. And all because I said, “hey, if my wife is in to it, I want to be sure she has the right to explore it.”

I recognize it’s perfectly possible that some women are shitheads just like some men are shitheads, and that letting shitheads have their way will go badly for you, but then again, just avoid dating and marrying shitheads. Point is, feminism isn’t responsible for misery, being a horrible person is. Are there some horrible people who identify as feminist? Sure. But are they horrible because of feminism? Studying their behavior prior to feminism shows that they were already horrible.

bluecat
bluecat

Did anyone else look at “The Origin and Development of a Suffragette” card and wonder when she got the nose job?

And also why.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

bluecat: Everybody knows women turn ugly when they get old. This might involve things like your nose growing much longer or your hair naturally turning from blonde to black.

Tracy
Tracy

So when a woman is dissatisfied with her job, it’s because feminism lied to them? Men are never dissatisfied with their jobs? Honestly, they need to think these memes through a little more.

@Rhuu

My great-aunt never married or really had any romantic relationships, and she had a full, satisfying life. She had a job she loved and lots of friends and hobbies. When she retired, she did tons of volunteer work, golfed with her buddies, and went on ‘Fun Bus’ trips with new friends. She also hung out with us a lot.

Even when she moved into a retirement/care facility, she was making new friends, helping people who were less able than she was, and loading her walker up with tea and smokes to come visit me at the video store I worked at, where she chatted up the customers. She’s one of the women I most admire – she was an amazing, impressive person.

So yeah – romantic partners are not required for a great life or to avoid loneliness. And I agree, it is sad that some people don’t see the value in non-romantic relationships, or don’t see them as being just as fulfilling.

GenJones
GenJones

Being being a dependent “taken care of” by another person is actually a very precarious position, one has to be able to take care of themselves.

My grandmother on my father’s side she was a very simple woman who married right out of high school and being a housewife and mother was all she knew. It was the way girls were brought up back then. Then her husband died in his mid-forties, leaving her with 5 children and almost no skills. She was forced to hold down multiple minimum wage jobs in order to provide for her family.

My grandmother on my mother’s side was a feminist teamster who became a machinist, worked for the military, paid off her mortgage on her own and retired. She set an example for her daughters, my aunt was in forensics and my mother became a microbiologist. They were both able to support their husbands returning to school and as a couple they will have more security than they ever could have achieved if they relied on a single income. That’s just basic sense.

J Star
J Star

Even my supposedly feminist college professor gave us some version of the “old ladies dying alone with cats” line – although at least she appended that this wasn’t necessarily a bad thing! – the funny thing is that as an “old” 40 something lesbian who has been happily married to my wife for over ten years, we opted for both cats and companionship. Oh we have the house and the career thing too. And education. And my child from an earlier marriage in my wayward youth.
The truth is so far these are the best years of my life.

Amused

Re: the meme about feminist women dying old and alone.

As a former medievalist — slash- Russian subjected to a metric fucktonne of Ivan Bunn back in the day, I find this especially amusing.

In the classic patriarchal fantasy, a good woman is in no danger of ending up old and alone because a good woman doesn’t get to BE old . She pleases her husband for a few months, then obligingly dies giving birth to a son. Or a beautiful daughter (for that heady soupçon of incest, and so that the daughter and the inevitable stepmother more or less her age can engage in some entertaining passive-aggressive shenanigans). Or else she has one or two or five nights of passion with a Man, then drowns herself somewhere scenic, and it’s all very romantic and beautiful, and then the Man walks off, brooding, into the sunset, presumably so he can be emotionally distant to future conquests.

Tl;dr verson: a perfect non-feminist woman dies young and leaves a good-looking corpse.

Bina

I’ll have what the blonde in the miniskirt is having. As long as he’s in favor of equal rights, it’s all good.

J Star
J Star

Hi “other EJ” – “The more I think about it, the more I think that MRAs believe that “feminist” and “woman” are synonyms.”

I browse a lot of MRA and alt-right forums. These guys are almost 95% single, and they all blame women/feminism for it. In their minds, the only reason their awesome selves are 4everalone is the pervasiveness of feminism and it’s ugly effects of giving women self-confidence to say not to assholes. It can’t possibly be them, despite their propensity to say the grossest things about women I have ever seen anyone say anywhere at any time in my life.

Bina

Yup. I also wonder how she went from blond girl to black-haired woman. It’s like she’s not even the same person from one picture to the next!

ETA: Wow, what unsubtle colorism at work there too, eh?

Bina

Feminism leads to loneliness in old age? That’s got to be the biggest damn fallacy of all. Feminists are the ones looking at alternatives to loneliness in one’s senior years. We’re not the ones telling women to put all their happiness eggs in one man-basket, after all.

Plus, there’s this:

For married women who can’t figure out why they always have so much housework researchers may have the answer — husbands.

A new study from the University of Michigan shows that having a husband creates an extra seven hours of extra housework a week for women. But a wife saves her husband from an hour of chores around the house each week.

“It’s a well-known pattern. There’s still a significant reallocation of labor that occurs at marriage — men tend to work more outside the home, while women take on more of the household labor,” said Frank Stafford, of the university’s Institute for Social Research (ISR), who directed the study.

“And the situation gets worse for women when they have children,” he added in a statement.

Trade feminism in for THAT? Sounds like a mighty bad bargain to me.

Falconer
Falconer

Stop!

Toddler time!

They are three years old!

Mortarius
Mortarius

If all the Feminists end up old and alone what happens to the:
Beta Orbiters?
Alphas?
Cucks?
Manginas?
White Knights?

And combinations thereof?

I thought the carousel riding feminists married their Beta Orbiters when they couldn’t snag an Alpha? Do Beta’s die at a younger age?

I’m always so confused

reymohammed

Seventy-two, surrounded by cats, dogs, and a lazy hen, and a lot happier than when I had men in my life.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Beta orbiters, White Knights and Mangina spontaneously combust at their 30th birthday, because they failed their sex. It’s a well know biological fact that testes generate a highly flammable oil in the first 30 year of life. At 30th birthday, the teste evaluate the worthiness of its bearer. If he isn’t a manbaby, women hating douche who scored an average of 3 HB10 bitche a year, the testes release the oil and the guy self combust.

Falconer
Falconer

When did the hatchet become associated with suffragettes, anyway? I thought that was more a temperance thing.

Oh! Wait! The two can comfortably be equated because everyone knows that older women organizing for a cause are nothing more than a collection of scolding nags, so the various slogans, memes and appurtenances of one set of scolding nags are interchangeable. No understanding of nuance, or even paying of much attention, required! (MASSIVE sarcasm)

And, of course, the message of all the MRA memes is that feminists are just more of the same, doncha know, and no one wants a scolding nag.

jupitaur
jupitaur

Once you’re under the yoke of the hypergamous feminist, your life force ebbs considerably.

estraven
estraven

Why do these guys assume that feminists never have romantic relationships or marry? It’s weird. I’ve been a self-proclaimed feminist since I knew that feminism existed and I’ve been married for 46 years and have two kids and two grandkids. WTF is wrong with these people? They live in an alternate reality. I make a point to have younger friends and keep good relationships with my nieces and nephews because I have no intention of being lonely in my old age, which would be true even if I weren’t a feminist. These people live in a bubble, apparently, and no reality is allowed to intrude.

lacerta viridis
lacerta viridis

I love the “have fun with your cats, feminists!!” line. Like… yes, yes I will, thanks. I’m pretty sure literally every interaction I’ve ever had with my cat has been more fun than spending time with an MRA, and that’s including the time she pooped on my bed. While I was in it.

Also, Oravanystava makes a really good point. Where exactly are all these old, bitter, unfulfilled, regretful feminists wishing they’d shut up and married a misogynist back in the 70s? They seem to be awfully quiet.

reymohammed

Amused, if that is Ivan Bunin you are talking about, I never got that the lady in “Sunstroke” got drowned. She apparently went back to her husband and daughter without a hitch, and it was her one-night stand who was left wandering desolate around some summer-dusty Volga town.

Quite a few women in the literature of that day died in childbirth, because quite a few did so in real life. Without contraception or Caesarian delivery available, it was pretty common. When a doctor or a nurse/midwife attended a home birth, they carried instruments that would make you faint… giant corkscrews for drilling and collapsing a baby’s skull, giant nutcrackers for collapsing it; decapitaters. During a stuck birth, that was the only way to save a woman’s life. If the husband did not permit this intervention… oh, well.

Bina

@Falconer: There was some overlap between suffragists and the Anti-Saloon League, at least in that both were against drunken men spending all their wages on booze, and then coming home to abuse their wives. Only a complete nincompoop would equate that with being anti-fun, however.

Meanwhile, the very fun-loving David Bowie also liked him some suffragettes, if the lyrics here are any indication:

anon
anon

I graduated from MRA college and got the job of my dreams. Yelling at women online while people even dumber than me fork over all of the money that they really should be using to pay child support.

Dr Hoveiny
Dr Hoveiny

Moratorius

“Alphas” probably die sooner, due to higher testosterone levels, which decreases the survival probability from prostate cancer. Not to mention all those fights over HB9s.

#misandry

Skiriki
Skiriki

I maintain, “being in company of cats that love you” is not the worst fate in this world.

Also, has anyone else noticed that women with 2 or 3 cats are being called “crazy cat lady”, even when all cats are well-fed, not attention-starving, well-behaved, and so on? Instead of compulsive cat-hoarding it used to imply?

Mary Contrary
Mary Contrary

Another happily married feminist couple here, so I’ll just leave a little present-tense schadenfreude here, featuring a pretty hardcore WGTOW specimen:

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

Huh. My comment disappeared, but WordPress recognizes that I’ve already said something, and it’s not stuck in moderation. Weird.

I was just breaking up the fun by linking to today’s contender for Horrible Fucknugget of the Year: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/patrick-fox-web-attack-revenge-porn-criminal-harassment-desiree-capuano-internet-1.3444576

Warning: I haven’t peeked, because no, but the CBC comments are notorious for their awfulness.

Let’s get back to mocking bad memes, shall we?

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

@Jamesworkshop: “Why wait? become MRA/MGTOW and you can be lonely today!”

Right? So dumb.

Razwick
Razwick

I am getting really sick of being told that being surrounded by a small army of cats is a bad thing and that having cats and having a relationship are mutually exclusive.

I know it’s just a trope, but it’s super annoying. Men often also like cats, and I’m, contrary to popular belief, capable of loving both my fur babies and a human being at the same time.

And if I end up alone at 70 I am not going to be the least bit unhappy to fill my time with furry friends just because some grumpy dude thinks it’s pathetic for no reason that anyone’s ever bothered to explain to me.

Skiriki
Skiriki

Razwick: As someone who is going to be a kittymom to two cats very soon (SQUEE!), along with my Significant Otter who love-love-loves cats, you’re spot on!

ScarlettAthena
ScarlettAthena

Seconding all the great comments here.

Also I seriously love memesday! I’m glad this is a regular feature Thanks for this bit of happiness, David.

Re: feminists being lonely alone when they’re 70
Isn’t the Manosphere dream of the women they would like to marry more likely to be alone. Assuming they can find the woman who has no red flags and fulfills whatever ridiculous functions they require, these men are statistically more likely to die before their spouse, leaving a woman who had no interests, no social life, nothing outside this gasbag of a man. Her kids are grown and maybe don’t live in the same town and probably only see her on rare occasions out of obligation because she has no personality.

Re: education meme
As a college professor, I get to see what happens to students after they earn degrees, and it is interesting to see what kinds of jobs there are out there for students with “worthless degrees”. Granted, most students do not just have a single major but combine majors, minors, tracks, specializations and do internships, study abroad, community service and other things to spice up their resume.

Lesson: study what interests you and get some good career advice (usually free at your university).

Also, I was a grad in the late ’80s and a lot of my friends worked in retail or restaurants or both during their 20s. They eventually found work in a satisfying field.

Lesson: the thing you do right out of college does not have to last your whole life.

ScarlettAthena
ScarlettAthena

RE: the woman who is having a bad day with papers piled up.

Newsflash: every job has its annoying parts!!! I know, I know, you can pick yourself up and try to catch your breath.

I love my job most of the time. I enjoy teaching, I love interacting with most colleagues, there are moments of joy and creativity. However, there are times when I hate it. Paperwork, bureaucracy, that crappy colleague who’s an asshole or a little Napoleon or whatever…

RE: army of cats

When I met my husband, we both had a cat, and this was one of the areas of compatibility. When we moved in together, one of the things we did was adopt another cat to symbolize our relationship. Several years later, we fostered kittens who totally did a number on us and we adopted them. For several years, we were “those people” with 5 cats. Three have since passed away, and we adopted another cat, so we have three. We love our little feline friends. And my stepson would have nothing but cats.

snork maiden

I’m think projection here. It’s not like your average MRA keyboard warrior has much to look forward to.

bluecat
bluecat

@ Arctic Ape and Bina

Indeed – and I suspect a breast reduction too, somewhere between age 20 and 40.

Possibly the poor dear foolish woman has been and gone and got herself an education, which, it is well known*, shrivels the breasts and makes the uterus shrink to the size of a walnut.

[* Well-known to 19th-century opponents of women’s access to education.]

I’d never heard it changed hair colour, but objectively speaking, dark hair just IS less attractive than blonde. (I’ve known that since I was five, even though my parents made sure they got me a dark-haired doll). / sarcasm.

The other disturbing thing about that meme is that the woman in it has peaked in her attractiveness when she’s still young enough to be playing with dolls, for goodness sake

Then she’s on the Coquette Carousel at 20. Taking your glove off in the presence of a man to whom you are not married just RUINS a woman.

ScarlettAthena
ScarlettAthena

@Mary Contrary

What a great article! I’m not a fan of porridge and I got married. Oops!

1 2 3 4