Uncategorized

“How would you feel if we started policing makeup,” extremely irate Redditor asks in epic rant

Mr. Furious from Mystery Men. Getting really mad is not actually a superpower.
Mr. Furious from Mystery Men. Getting really mad is not actually a superpower.

So an angry dude wandered into the S**t Reddit Says subreddit recently — one of the few feminist-friendly, largely manbaby-free hideouts on Reddit — and left a pretty amazing rant, attacking the SRSers as, well, see for yourself.

I’m not even going to bother fisking this one. I think it’s probably best experienced in its original wall-of-text form.

You're the most fucked up group of people currently alive (self.ShitRedditSays) submitted 1 day ago by LewisExMachina I'm sure you're gonna devour this account too, but whatever. I've resigned myself to the fact that every time I call you out my account gets spammed and your cronies try to doxx me, but I can't let you keep doing what you're doing. The harassment you put people through on a daily basis is way worse than anything /fatpeoplehate was ever accused of. Who knows how many men you've driven to suicide just because they have something between their legs. But you don't fucking care, because they made a rape joke and that makes them worse than Nazis. I guess rape is worse than murder now. And since men can't be raped any man who says he was raped has to deal with it while a female who says she was raped is instantly believed and rewarded for her bravery. And you think women have it worse? Fuck off, women are treated like little princesses while men are treated like shit. Maybe you have a point with the catcalling thing, but everything else you say is bullshit and based on lies meant to devalue men and increase the value of women. Soon you'll force the government to add the ability to make more money (27% more) by just checking off a "I'm a woman" box on a job sheet. Us men will just say that we're transwomen (since that's also something you support) and get that money too, so you'll be back to square 1 where men and women make the same salaries. If you want to make the same money then don't take maternity leave, dipshits. And what's with all the hate on video games? You don't even like video games, and we do. Why is that a problem. If something makes a group of people happy and it doesn't inherently hurt anyone else then why is that such a bad thing? Women don't want to play video games, they just want to police the development of video games and its community. !??!?!? Seriously just fuck off. Go fight for unisex bathrooms or showing your tits or something I can get behind rather than video games that you don't even play. All of the girlfriends I had wanted nothing to do with video games and that was okay. How would you feel if we started policing makeup, saying that makeup led to violence and should be banned? You'd hate it, because it's a stupid baseless accusation meant only to hurt one gender. Which is exactly what the attack on video games is. I don't know what to say here other then you probably all need to get laid, then you'll calm down.
Someone needs a nap!

In case that image is hard to read, here’s the text:

You’re the most f**ked up group of people currently alive (self.S**tRedditSays)

submitted 1 day ago by LewisExMachina

I’m sure you’re gonna devour this account too, but whatever. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that every time I call you out my account gets spammed and your cronies try to doxx me, but I can’t let you keep doing what you’re doing. The harassment you put people through on a daily basis is way worse than anything /fatpeoplehate was ever accused of. Who knows how many men you’ve driven to suicide just because they have something between their legs. But you don’t fucking care, because they made a rape joke and that makes them worse than Nazis. I guess rape is worse than murder now. And since men can’t be raped any man who says he was raped has to deal with it while a female who says she was raped is instantly believed and rewarded for her bravery. And you think women have it worse? Fuck off, women are treated like little princesses while men are treated like shit. Maybe you have a point with the catcalling thing, but everything else you say is bullshit and based on lies meant to devalue men and increase the value of women. Soon you’ll force the government to add the ability to make more money (27% more) by just checking off a “I’m a woman” box on a job sheet. Us men will just say that we’re transwomen (since that’s also something you support) and get that money too, so you’ll be back to square 1 where men and women make the same salaries. If you want to make the same money then don’t take maternity leave, dipshits.

And what’s with all the hate on video games? You don’t even like video games, and we do. Why is that a problem. If something makes a group of people happy and it doesn’t inherently hurt anyone else then why is that such a bad thing? Women don’t want to play video games, they just want to police the development of video games and its community. !??!?!? Seriously just fuck off. Go fight for unisex bathrooms or showing your tits or something I can get behind rather than video games that you don’t even play. All of the girlfriends I had wanted nothing to do with video games and that was okay. How would you feel if we started policing makeup, saying that makeup led to violence and should be banned? You’d hate it, because it’s a stupid baseless accusation meant only to hurt one gender. Which is exactly what the attack on video games is.

I don’t know what to say here other then you probably all need to get laid, then you’ll calm down.

Indeed, a thing of beauty.

violetvolume
violetvolume

That is 100% an angry teenager who just learned about GamerGate and does not know any women.

Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)
Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)

Can I show this post to my wife as evidence that I don’t play nearly enough videogames? :p

Lady_Zombie
Lady_Zombie

“How would you feel if we started policing makeup,…”

You already fucking do, you massive shitlicker. Many of these instances have been well documented here at WHTM.

Makeup is deceptive therefore women are liars.
Makeup is expensive therefore women are spendthrifts.
Makeup is ugly therefore women who wear it are ugly.

[Sees picture of a woman without makeup] EWWWW! Put some makeup on.

Sporkey
Sporkey

Where is he getting the 27% thing? That’s oddly specific and I’m curious to know if I’ve somehow missed a referendum?

Also, women play games. What’s so hard to understand about that? Even teenagers know this.

amy
amy

This has nothing to do with the post but have you guys heard that dawkins blamed feminists for his stroke and has been invited back to the conference. David will write about it

Sky
Sky

A little research and book reading would do him some good, but I think it might be too hard for him.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

You don’t even like video games, and we do. … Women don’t want to play video games, they just want to police the development of video games and its community.

*looks up from playing Splatoon and Tetris at the same time, watching Skyrim machinimas on YouTube and chatting about Resident Evil on another site* Hmm? I missed what you said there, could you repeat that?

masque d'étoiles
masque d'étoiles

You don’t even like video games, and we do.

AUGGHH! Why have I wasted literally years of my time over the past 3-4 decades on something I don’t even like?! Where was this all-knowing oracle when I was a young student first getting hooked on gaming, and needed his manly wisdom to reveal to me what I like or not? I am so confused and conflicted!

Not really.

*Ack. Ninja’ed by Sporkey and SFHC. Oh well.

Paige Hamilton

*slow blink*

OK… wow. I guess I need to hand in my FemiNazi card since I don’t wear makeup, LOL

When they start screaming about doxxing I just have to laugh.

RosaDeLava
RosaDeLava

Well, how about “beating face?” xD

Honestly, there’s so much wrong with this rant, I’m not the least bit disappointed David didn’t make any comments. It speaks for itself

Bonelady
Bonelady

Somebody needs a nap.

LindsayIrene

Didn’t Mike Cernovich say that makeup is rape?

Number Sequence
Number Sequence

How nice of this guy to post his shitty comment directly in SRS so no one had to go looking for it in one of reddit’s various hellholes. Now, all he has to do is get to the level of courtesy where he wouldn’t post it at all, and we ‘ll be in business.

Dark Statistic
Dark Statistic

Sporkey: I’m betting it’s a wage gap thing. If you deny the wage gap exists and insist that men and women earn the same, then from your point of view it looks like women want more than men earn. 27% is in line with the “seventy-seven cents on the dollar” figure I see a lot. (I’ve seen a few stats ranging from seventy to eighty — I don’t know which is most accurate, but it’s in that range.)

Lea
Lea

“What if we just made shit up to police feminine self expression?”

You already do and I don’t care. Tra-la-la

Leda Atomica
Leda Atomica

I bet he was content with none of his (possibly canadian) girlfriends liking videogames. Imagine if he was mercilessly beaten at a game by some inferior princess?

Someone I know teaches a class of game developers and the best three went onto win a game developing contest – all young women. There’s a view for your future. You live 100% outside of reality in a bubble of bitterness, repeating the words of other people with the same problem.

I’d feel pity, but shitting on people who already are the underdog just wipes out all my warm fuzzy feelings.

Eonid
Eonid

This post was so all over the place, it’s hard to tell what this fella is even angry at… aside from “teh wimminz”, obvs.

takshak
takshak

Gonna bet this shitweasel wasn’t even born when I started playing, and programming, computer games. Get the fuck out of my hobby, sincerely, this old woman who doesn’t wear makeup.

Wwaxwork
Wwaxwork

But I like video games, womens rights and makeup?

Makroth
Makroth

Was the post deleted? I can’t find it. I was hoping to read the responses.

Percyprune
Percyprune

Women don’t play games? Sorry, but as a games developer I’ve seen the hard data on this. They are a massive market–around parity in some market segments–and growing in those segments that have been in past traditionally male-dominated. The facts are what they are. Female participation is edging towards parity everywhere and if you don’t like that, tough!

Percyprune
Percyprune

It’s worth adding that I have given lectures to games development courses at a number of schools across Europe and it’s great to see how many tyro women developers there are. Some of the best devs I know have been women, and they have worked far harder than many guys in order to prove themselves. I doff my cap to them and look forward to the day when women’s participation in dev reaches parity.

Kale

Im surprised he agrees that catcalling sucks. *maybe*

Leda Atomica
Leda Atomica

I just have to make myself clear: I do not think women as game developers are only a thing of the future – they have always been, are now and will be. It’s just that maybe in the future shitweasels can STOP SAYING THAT GAMES ARE ONLY ENJOYED BY BOYS AND MEN. I mean, in my childhood I saw and knew only other girls who were as into gaming as I was. This didn’t make me go “Must be a girl thing, lads get out of my game store or I’ll throw a massive tantrum on the internet when I’m a grownup. I swear I will!”.

Boys (white cis mainly) get used to being the default human beings in a world where nobody else really matters or exists. The entire g’damn world they are conscious of is their safe space from any other kind of humans. When one of these untermensch lifts up their hand and says “Hey I actually do exist, and this is why you don’t know about it”, the table flips so fast you don’t have time to save your drink.

lightcastle
lightcastle

The 27% thing has to be a wage gap reference. The number most often cited these days for the US seems to be 77%, so the math is wrong, but the number moves over time (and I’m not sure the person is US based) so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they saw a 73% somewhere.

lightcastle
lightcastle

Bina

Somebody needs a nap.

And a diaper change.

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

Angrish
A language when one is absolutely seething with rage. Angrish is very difficult to translate.

bluecat
bluecat

Epic stuff there. I particularly liked the line “All the girlfriends I’ve had wanted nothing to do with video games.”

Odds on that number being statistically significant?

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

It’s derisive snort time for me. This crybaby isn’t having to live with any of the crap women actually deal with day after day, and he thinks he has it rough?

Newsflash, poopy pants. Feminism doesn’t require men to be devalued. You’re doing a good job of devaluing yourself, though.

Button
Button

And he’s obviously had hundreds of girlfriends.

Dr Hoveiny
Dr Hoveiny

It’s a Redpiller’s Digest of the most simplistic view of their grievances. Not that nuanced versions are appreciably less wrong!

dlouwe
dlouwe

I’m just going to reply to this as if this actually was SRS

comment image

Some Sort of Username
Some Sort of Username
Moggie
Moggie

Sure, feeemales do play games, but not game games, you know? Any game a woman likes to play is, by definition, not a real game, because reasons.

Also, I’m not surprised none of Mr Ranty’s tons of girlfriends wanted to play… with him. Can you imagine what that would be like?

Valentine
Valentine

Women have been coding and developing video games from the start. Look at the credits of something even old like half life and you’ll find plenty of women. These men see the world the way they want to and always have done. Now women get credit and speak their minds it’s suddenly not okay. Apparently if women conribute to anything that belogs to teh menz then they need to shut the fuck up about it and just be greatful to be included. Yeah so you work super hard to make things that these dickbags like only to be ignored? You’re just whining about not beinh in ‘male spaces’ even though youve ALWAYS BEEN THERE. -_-
Also on the topic of playing with girlfriends my ex loves counter strike and l4d2 but she would never play with me cos I’m not good enough! 😉

Nequam
Nequam

Is it a given that this chucklefuck has never heard of Roberta Williams?

littleknown
littleknown

Newsflash, asshole: men don’t commit suicide because they’re asked to treat women like fellow human beings. They do, however, commit suicide because assholes they know tell them that the measure of a man is how many women he beds, and how frequently.

No one has ever said such a thing, you disingenuous asshole.

I guess rape is worse than murder now.

See above. Also, something doesn’t have to be worse than murder to be extremely fucking horrible.

Who is it that tells men that they can’t be raped because men are uncontrollably horny beasts who love sex so much that they will take it in any form they can get it? You seriously think it’s feminists who think that?

You seriously think that when a woman says she was raped she is instantly believed? Certainly not by you, nor the millions of angry manbabies you represent. And did I miss the moment when the documentary The Hunting Ground was released to no controversy or pushback from universities and famous athletes and their admirers?

Good for you. Unfortunately, you seem to have used your inability to reason to come to the conclusion that this means that: a) women, in general, don’t like video games, and b) women shouldn’t be concerned if video games routinely objectify and de-value women. It does not follow that women should not argue for more diverse portrayals of women in video games even if not a single woman anywhere plays video games.

And, yes: Cernovich wrote:

Makeup is rape. Consent cannot be enthusiastic and fully informed when she lies about her appearance.

…which is apparently some sort of joke — one of his followers, Owen Lynn, tweeted back,

Don’t go down the kooky hole with the SJWs. I know YOU are joking, but we’re dealing with ppl who have no sense of humor.

Oh, belly laughs. Such funny. I’m in stitches.

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

Aside, “chucklefuck” is a great word and should be used more. I move we synonymize “the MRAs” with “the chucklefux.”

bluecat
bluecat

@ Button

and his house is directly on the beach, I tell you!

ej
ej

Am I the only one a bit concerned about why this guy wants unisex bathrooms? The only reason I bring it up is that the other thing he “can get behind” is allowing women to go topless, so it sounds like he is supportive of things that he thinks would benefit him (like, haha, I get to see boobs). Those two statements together make me question why he would support unisex bathrooms and none of the reasons I’ve come up with for him to support that are about gender equality.

The rest of it is just whining, but that statement has some uncomfortable or even scary connotations to it (depending on how you interpret it).

Razwick
Razwick

I really think these guys need to spend a month living without the internet. Get new hobbies, take some time off.

Because the internet is the ONLY place in this world where you can go to a site (but only some) talk about how you’ve been raped and be instantly believed and supported. The view that men are always ignored and women are always believed can only be remotely true on the internet, a place thoroughly removed from the realities of day to day life except when we discuss those realities. Avoiding the truth and seeing things only the way you want to see them is so easy when you can find the perfect echo chambers.

Even this place is kind of like that, I’m sure there are moderate MRAs out there, but it’s hard to believe that they exist if you only look here. Now, moderate men that actually want to do something about men’s rights are probably not in the right place if they’ve found MRAs, but I’m sure they exist.

I just think it’s interesting, because this summer I was starting to feel overwhelmed by the shitty people I was encountering on the internet. Just tired of all the negativity and the nasty pushback to people discussing all of these things that I care about deeply. And I just decided I was done, before I got more and more angry, I just needed to get away from it, tune out, unplug, stop caring about changing people’s minds and informing myself of other’s opinions, just for a while. I just needed to get away from everyone else’s thoughts swirling in my head.
So I took a vacation, I went hiking, and swimming and smoked a joint in a canoe with my boyfriend and ate birthday cake on a boat in the middle of a lake and it was an amazing week. And I came back and found myself able to separate my feelings from those of the people who’s blogs and comments I read, to be more critical and think deeper about what people are saying, who’s saying it, and whether or not that information is supported.

I wonder how many of these guys would chill out and stop being so damn angry at everyone if they just tuned the hell out for a while and tried to figure out who and what THEY are, instead of focusing so much on what other angry jerks in the echo chamber tell them to be.

edit: I’ve made like 3 posts, but I’m new here, Hi!

littleknown
littleknown

@ej:

Yeah, the Huckabee vibe is strong with this one.

Carrie
Carrie

Except of course for this little headline: Adult women are now the largest demographic in gaming

“Congratulations, gamer girls—you’re officially at the top of the food chain when it comes to games. A new study released by the Entertainment Software Association has revealed that adult women now occupy the largest demographic in the gaming industry. Women over 18 made up a whopping 36 percent of the gaming population, followed by adult men at 35 percent.

Teenage boys, who are often stereotyped as the biggest gamers, now lag far behind their older female counterparts, making up just 17 percent of the gaming demographic.

The picture that emerges from the study is one of expansion across the board. More people are playing more games of various genres across more platforms, with social games on mobile and casual games on PCs emerging as huge leaders.

According to the study, last year saw a significant boom in women over 50—their numbers jumped by a whopping 32 percent between 2012 and 2013. The study also revealed that 59 percent of Americans play games, with gaming consoles present in 51 percent of all U.S. households.”

kupo
kupo

I love video games. It’s been a huge part of my identity since I was a kid. I still remember when we got Ms. Pac Man for our Atari and my brother told me I couldn’t play until after my nap, so I pretended to sleep so I could play. It’s one of my earliest memories.

Despite loving video games, the sexism in them does hurt me in a number of ways. It creates a climate in the industry that makes me very uncomfortable and unwelcome. For example, booth babes at E3 (not the cosplay kind, the women dressed in bikinis to hand the controller to the people playing the demos). Or the after parties at strip clubs. Or the need for women developers, testers, designers, etc, to “have a good sense of humor” so the guys can keep saying sexist things.

I want to be a video game dev. But I know the environment I’d have to work in (yes, this varies by studio, but I have no way of knowing which are safe beforehand unless I know someone working there), so I develop software people use to do their jobs instead. I’d rather work on something I’m passionate about, but the risk of harm is too high.

Pineapple chunks
Pineapple chunks

Women don’t want to play video games

I’m literally playing a game on my other monitor while reading this…

(first comment, hi)

Patricia Kayden
Patricia Kayden

Well he seems very nice. And yes make up needs to be monitored because it leads to violence.

???

Orion
Orion

Paige,

Feminazi makeup was design for style, not practicality. I heard the Femi-SS officers couldn’t even sit down without taking their makeup off.

Still, being a Feminazi wasn’t all bad. Men in the Allied forces always hoped to capture Feminazi heels and brushes in the field because they were milled and not cast.

Moocow

Well I went on an adventure looking through this guy’s reddit history. And in doing so, I’ve learned some very interesting things about the ‘men’s rights’ movement:

Certainly explains a lot.

Anyhooo, DouchebagExMachina mostly posts in “SRSsucks”, a reactionary subreddit to ‘ShitRedditSays’ and in Kotaku In Action, the Gamergate subreddit. Shocking, right? Oh and here is by far the best line I could find:

We need an atheist president next. It’s way more important than any other marginalized group imo.

Oh and also, in answering the incredibly important question of “why do SJW twist the truth so much?” he had this to offer

It’s a victim complex. SJWs love to be seen as the victims because they’ll get more attention and all that crap. Also if they’re always the victims then they’ll be seen as innocent when something happens (with the reverse being true for men).

Funny, especially coming from the idiot who wrote this:

or this:

Yeah, no victim complex here!

No persecution complex here either!

Or any sexism!

Or any straw man arguments!

or any friend argument!

and of course, no false equivalencies at all!

Scaly Llama
Scaly Llama

OT: Is there any way of following the comments without commenting?

1 2 3 6