antifeminism bad boys beta males empathy deficit entitled babies evil sexy ladies ha ha I tricked you mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men reddit vaginas

Quiz! Complete this MRA sentence: Women are “manipulation devices attached to … .”

Totally not a hint, really uh huh.
Totally not a hint, really uh huh.

Pop quiz!

Today, dear readers, I present you with the following one-question pop quiz to test your knowledge of Men’s Rights Activism.

QUESTION: Complete the following sentence, recently posted in the Men’s Rights Subreddit: “[Women] are nothing more than manipulation devices attached to ______________.”

1. ” … other human beings by bonds of empathy and love.”
  2. ” …  portray Marita Lorenz in Marita, a hot pitch from Eric Warren Singer, co-writer of American Hustle.”
  3. ” … a spending deal to avoid a shutdown and fund government operations over the coming year.”
  4. ” … wet slimy holes.”

ANSWER: Let’s go through the possible answers one by one.

Answer 1) NO CREDIT. Obviously wrong as women are widely known to be incapable of empathy or love.

Answer 2) PARTIAL CREDIT. This answer is true for one woman, actress Jennifer Lawrence.

Answer 3) NO CREDIT. This applies to several regressive Republican riders attached to the big spending bill agreed upon last December, not to women, who everyone knows will never accept limitations on their spending, amirite fellas high five!

Answer 4) CORRECT! To most Men’s Rights Activists, the vagina is the only thing of value that women possess.  (Note: I lied to you earlier. The picture totally was a hint.)

Here is the original quote, in context:

8767asdfsd687676 2 points 19 hours ago Here is the looking glass -- Jump through it Women are attracted to monsters -- this is why humans are what they are. Women are liars who don't admit this so they go through extreme rationalizations or don't talk about it. Women lie. It's what they do. Treat them like shit. Treat them less than dirt. Then they will fuck you. It's what they want, think about it, think about how that nice treatment doesn't matter. Think about how they shame you then go fuck someone who is the exact opposite of what they say they want. They are not good people. Women are not good people. It's that simple. Women are evil, it's in the bible, it's in the torah, it's in every major book. Women are evil. Think about it -- we're all equal but they have "preferences" which are requirements that 80%+ of men can't reach. Are we really equal? They don't think so. Being nice won't get you anywhere because if being nice was what attracted women we would be in utopia and not this shitty fucking planet. They are manipulative and will hurt you if given the chance. They will take your resources and stab you in the back. They will give nothing and take everything. They are not to be trusted or given anything. They are nothing more than manipulation devices attached to wet slimy holes. If you think otherwise they will make fun of you relentlessly and shame you to suicide, then fuck a murderer on your grave.

If you passed the quiz, congratulations! You’ve been paying attention. Your reward: more posts here on We Hunted the Mammoth for you to read.

If you didn’t, well, you clearly haven’t been reading this blog very carefully. Your punishment: more posts here on We Hunted the Mammoth for you to read.

Let’s start with this video, in which “philosopher”/cult leader/self-described MRA Stefan Molyneux explains that women are evil beings who are attracted to monsters, and why that is pretty much the cause of everything bad in this world.

What a lovely man.

Makroth
Makroth

…vaginas?

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

Crap, I’m late for my murderer-fucking date at the cemetery. BRB.

Lea
Lea

Poor, bitter shithead. Him so mad women won’t make the world perfect while simotaneously being his slaves. Boo boo. Too bad. So sad.
That victim blaming pos thinks he is nice. How fucking hilarious is that? So women are to blame for all the world’s ills because we don’t fuck him, and laughing at his ridiculous bullshit is what he calls evil? Thats funny. I’m happy to laugh at him. What else could anyone do?

I would never fuck on his grave though. Not with all the piss that will surely be there.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

Dang, I don’t even get credit for having a great rack?

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

men are evil, it’s in the bible, it’s in the torah, it’s in every major book. men are evil.

reymohammed

It is exactly in societies where women are disempowered from acting directly that they must become manipulative to survive, and no woman is more pitiless towards men than the antifeminist.

Overly Long Name
Overly Long Name

Well presumably it’s not just because they don’t fuck him, but also because women dare be unattractive to him, and have personalities, and generally don’t like being treated like trash.

Paradoxical Intention

Ah yes, this old Manospherian Chestnut of MAYUN Lojik:

“All of society’s ills are women’s fault because they won’t fuck MEEEEEEEEEEE, and always fuck some other guy who I think is an asshole because he’s not MEEEEEEEEE (and I’m such a nice guy), so that must mean women want assholes because they’re fucking all these asshole men who aren’t MEEEEEEEEE, so I’ll treat all women like shit because this is what all women must want, because women are a hive mind and they’re all the same (not like us MAYUNLY MEN), and then scratch my head and wonder why women won’t fuck MEEEEEEEEEE (because I’m such a nice guy).”

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Sometimes when I look at the MRA output I think I’d love to see what an anthropologist or mythologist would think. What I mean is, when you analyse some of their stuff you can almost see where it originated from before it was distorted to something that totally misses the point; a bit like how the idea of mermaids can supposedly be traced back to sailors spotting manatees. It’s like a Chinese whispers sort of thing.

So you have:

Myth – Women only like arrogant douches
Origin – Some women find confidence attractive

Myth – Women are gold diggers
Origin – Women are less than enamoured by guys who sponge off girls for their own ends but refuse to ever contribute anything themselves.

Myth – Women only like ‘jocks’
Origin – Taking absolutely no interest in your personal wellbeing to the point of slobbery is a turn off for some women.

Obviously that’s me coming from a bloke’s perspective but would any of the women here like to comment on this?

kupo
kupo

So, let’s see:
1) I like myself, therefore I’m a Nice Guy.
2) Women I find attractive don’t have sex with me, therefore women are against me.
3) Since I’m good, everyone who is against me is evil, therefore women are evil.
4) ???
5) Women are the downfall of humankind.

MsMockingbird
MsMockingbird

I’m noticing DAVE that you seem to win readership in all these scenarios…

IT’S A TRAP

Freemage
Freemage

It’s worth noting that even by the definition of ‘nice’ that these guys incorrectly think applies to them, they’re still in the wrong. Being ‘nice’ merely means being inoffensive. So no outright abuse or cheating. But that’s the sum total of it. Other than that, you just hang around her a lot and hope she decides that she’s tired of jerks (and of course, any guy whom she ever dates but doesn’t marry must be a jerk) and therefore must accept you as a consolation romance, without you ever putting in any actual effort or emotional risk.

Gods, some days I wish I could go back in time and Gibbs-smack my 18-year-old self.

Kularanini
Kularanini

Decided to read up on ol’ Stefan and…dude is married? Best evidence of his theory right there.

If anyone ever challenges his viewpoint, all he has to do is point to his wedding ring.

Well played Stefan.

Swales
Swales

“They will take your resources and stab you in the back.”

You’re damn right we will. I didn’t settle this hexagonal island to make friends, I’m here to make roads. Specifically 5 or more, for 2 victory points.

Bina

Ah yes. More “expertise” on women from a guy who’s never talked to one. And who is bitter at what he perceives as their collective snub.

Yawwwwwwwn.

Paradoxical Intention

Alan Robertshaw | February 11, 2016 at 2:45 pm

I think that’s part of it, but I also think that there’s a part of it where men will turn to other men (and other men who share their biases, no less) to confirm this and get feedback, rather than just ask individual women that they would like to get with what’s up.

Either because that would be “demeaning”, or it would show that men don’t know everything, or they “reason” it away by saying that “Women don’t know what they want!”, and that’s because they claim that women “change their minds all the time”, when they don’t realize that one, women aren’t a monolith, and two, people change their minds sometimes. It’s a thing.

The whole “Women are mysterious and no one knows what they want, not even them.” myth is one I sincerely wish would die, along with the rationalization hamsters that go with it.

kupo
kupo

That’s a good point, but also if a guy were to ask a gal the reason they’re not interested, she’s likely to avoid the truth for a number of reasons. We’re socialized to spare others’ feelings, for one. A good number of us have been met with a lot of scary anger from men when we have been honest, for another.

masque d'étoiles
masque d'étoiles

Well I know I’m charmed! *swoon*

What is this guy, six years old? He’s got a really bad case of “Yucky girls have cooties!” I’m surprised he wants to go anywhere near one, let alone touch the, er, slimy bits.

Decided to read up on ol’ Stefan and…dude is married?

I really can’t even don’t want to imagine his courtship technique.

DS
DS

I want to start a dating profile for kicks. My profile will be terse, simply stating “Alright, cut to the chase: I’m not here for sex. I’m just looking to hire someone to fuck a murderer on my grave. $1000 and new shoes to the first lady to sign on.” Heh.

DS
DS

Ohhhh Swales. You clever, clever girl. I likes the motion of your ocean, lady! 😀

Saphira
Saphira

Dear Mr. “Nice Guy,”

It’s not that all women are evil, monster-dating, manipulative people with impossibly high standards. It’s that being nice is the baseline for acting like a decent human being. If you want to actually date someone, you have to be a little more than a blank slate with niceness written on. I suggest you try cultivating an actual personality (preferably one that doesn’t involve acting like an MRA), some hobbies and other interests because surprisingly enough, women enjoy spending time with men who have more to offer than the declaration, “But I’m a nice guy!” It’s about as effective at getting women as declaring, “But I’ve never raped anybody!” We kind of expect that in a partner.

Sincerely,

The women of the world who want more to a partner than just “nice”

Catalpa
Catalpa

Wait, so women are classified as ‘evil’ for… liking the wrong people? For finding assholes attractive? What kind of definition of evil are these chucklefucks operating with, here?

I could see calling someone evil for, like, being wildly attracted to someone who kills and eats people, BECAUSE they kill and eat people, or for setting kittens on fire or something. But for dating jackasses? Wut.

Oh, that’s right, I forgot that the sum total of what is good in the world is ‘what pleases this particular dude’s boner’, and not being able to point to any woman he wants and go “You’re my sex toy/domestic servant now.” is a HUGE boner-killer, and therefore, evil.

I’ll give him one point for referring to women as women, and not as girls.

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

If there’s an asshole gene and a nice gene and the nice gene is a recessive beta and the asshole gene is a dominant alpha as this rant implies, then why are there so many nice guys around to whine about how the head cheerleader in high school wouldn’t fuck them? If the world is terrible because women only fuck assholes and have asshole spawn with them, the nice guy gene should have been bred out of existence millennia ago. Also, if all women have always been evil, does that mean that the nice gene lies on the Y chromosome?

MRA evopsych makes even less sense than regular evopsych.

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

I also wonder if women sometimes being in abusive relationships or being cheated means women all like assholes, therefore being abusive towards women is justified, does that men also like assholes and women should abuse them because sometimes men are cheated on or abused?

I would say it’s always wrong to abuse whether it helps you get laid or not because I have morals. But by manosphere logic hurting men should be the right thing to do. Right?

And is anyone else shocked that no one wants to fuck a guy who thinks vaginas are gross and slimy? Seriously. Is that his pick up line? Hey baby, can I get access to your slimy hole and then punch you?

Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)
Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)

I was under the impression that the vagina is part of the person, but MRAs seem to believe a person is “attached to” the vagina, which presumably can be detached?

Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)
Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)

@WwTH

The always complain about what a “b****” “Stacey” is for only being interested in “Chad”, yet all these “nice guys” still want “Stacey”. Thus, in their theory, both men and women are attracted to assholes. But only women are to blame for it, of course.

zoon echon logon
zoon echon logon

TL;DR: “Women are to blame for men being assholes.”

@Imaginary Petal and WWTH
Yes! It seems pretty hypocritical to complain about how all the people you’re attracted to are assholes because they’re only attracted to assholes.

Moocow

“Women are horribly manipulative! Now excuse me while I go look at Heartiste’s top 5 things to say that are guaranteed to get me laid. Then blame women for not sleeping with me when those things don’t work.”

Also, on the “women are attracted to assholes”, so what? Butt stuff is a personal choice.

Unlucky Blackjack
Unlucky Blackjack

If one person thinks you’re an asshole, you can probably blow them off. If ten people think you are an asshole, you should probably wonder why. If over 50% of the world’s population think you’re an asshole, they maybe, just maybe, might be right.

Or maybe not. Yeah, that’s it. Their the assholes. You’re the nice guy.

I’VE GOT WOOD FOR SHEEP! I HAVE SO MUCH WOOD FOR SHEEP! I’VE GOT A GODDAMN TREE FOR SHEEP RIGHT NOW!

loquora
loquora

I’m sorry, I was unable to take the quiz because as a woman, I’m automatically wrong about everything I think. /s

Seriously, where do these guys come up with this? They can spin one interaction with one person into a web of lies that spans the entirety of human history. I would be impressed if they were using this power for anything other than misogynistic anger. That’s world class storytelling power right there!

Tragedy of the Commas
Tragedy of the Commas

“I’m a nice guy who wants women to be less awful and stop fucking shitty men–if they could!” That, coming from a presumably adult man who describes the female genitalia as “slimey” and thinks it’s biologically impossible for women to ever appreciate sweet, nice guys like him.

Speaking of major books, the last time I read about a man who called girls slimey, he was 6 years old and a selfish, though funny, prick. It was his wiser, feline friend who got all the positive attention from girls and actually treated them nicely.

@ WeirwoodTreeHugger

Stop with the logical reasoning and with spotting contradictions in pop evopsych!

Next thing you’ll do is tell me that projecting my loathing about perceived inadequacies onto external scapegoats is an unhealthy way to live. T’would a whirligig of balderdash, m’lady! Blaming women for my problems, while also hating myself for wanting sex with ’em so much, is a perfectly sane way to live! *puts on fedora, opens umbrella, and lifts up and away to a bros only smoking bar*

(Seriously, though, your posts are spot-on accurate. By their own logic, they’d have to come to the same conclusions you do.)

@ Alan

I like your theory.

To borrow one of Paradoxical Intention’s myths:

Myth – women are mysterious
Origin – a woman refused my romantic or sexual advances and it’s a mystery to me as to why (plus, it insults my masculine identity to be refused by any woman ever).

Freemage
Freemage

Saphira
February 11, 2016 at 4:09 pm

Dear Mr. “Nice Guy,”

Sincerely,

The women of the world who want more to a partner than just “nice”

I swear, there’s so many guys who need this lesson. When they figure out that Hollywood was lying to them about ‘nice guys’ getting the girl like in the movies, they can either be mature, go out and develop an actual personality (preferably, one built not on the desire to have a girlfriend, but rather, one that actually grabs their interests and passions, because THOSE are what make people interesting to others), or they can go the “Nice guys finish last, must be because girls like assholes” route.

Once upon a time, that second view generally didn’t survive too long in contact with reality–localized socialization meant that you had too many counter-examples being shoved into your face. One downside of the internet is that fringe views that are only held by one-tenth of 1% of the population can still form into an online community numbering in the tens of thousands, all feeding one another the same set of lies and entitled grievances.

Moocow
February 11, 2016 at 4:58 pm

I just want to applaud this line. It’s brilliant in its elegance.

Orion
Orion

Also,

Myth — Women are attracted to assholes; being an asshole is an attractive trait
Origin — Attractive people are more likely to be assholes than the general population is.

serrana
serrana

Yeah, in my experience the people who are attracted to assholes are assholes themselves. So if Nice Guy is attracted to a woman who is attracted to someone else who is genuinely an asshole it means there are three assholes in this story.

I hope most of these people are just assholes because they’re immature, and that they’ll figure it out someday. (I suspect I was a bit of an asshole when I was in my 20s until I grew up some.)

And that is the greatest ratio of “asshole” to other words I think I’ve ever said.

Noseflower
Noseflower

So by “assholes,” I think he means “guys who aren’t me.”

Rhuu
Rhuu

I will play my monopoly card and take that wood, thankyouverymuch. All the roads for meeeeeee~

On topic: I love how no one seems to value the other things that you get from having any sort of relationship with another human being. Someone to ask you how your day went? Someone who maybe notices that you got a hair cut? People to go out drinking with? Someone to play D&D with?

You know, a friend? That friend could be a lady, and you could have a really fulfilling time hanging out with her and not even THINKING about any sex the two of you could be having. Because maybe all dudes don’t want to bone all ladies, but have preferences of their own?

(I assume. full disclosure: I am a lady.)

Tragedy of the Commas
Tragedy of the Commas

I missed Swales’ Catan reference originally. Clearly, I’m a fake nerd. X-D

Also, I’ve got plenty of ore and brick for trade. Sheep, wood, grain? If you’re buying, I’m selling!

ibbica
ibbica

Maybe they think women are all cyborg ex-but-maybe-not-really-KGB agents?

Grace of Spades
Grace of Spades

If it wasn’t so pathetic overall I’d have to giggle at the “wimmin denying me the magic of sexy sex” juxtaposed with the insistence that our only attraction is those “wet slimy holes.”

Decided to read up on ol’ Stefan and…dude is married?

Well, that’s definitely one woman who married an asshole. She’s also falling down on her driving-to-suicide-murderer-fucking mission. Hmmph. Lazy, like all women.

kupo
kupo

Ok, now I’m imagining if that detachable penis song were about detachable vaginas instead.

dontgiveahoot

I also think that their definition of ‘nice’ is different. In my experience, most people tend to think of niceness as an active trait – the sort of person they describe as nice will be actively generous and kind to others, will go out of their way to help someone in need, encourages people and generally promotes positivity. Then there’s the passive niceness that people like this seem to mean, the one where you don’t say or do anything awful and hope that’s enough to win you the girl when that’s pretty much the base standard of human behaviour we expect.

Also, it gets to the point where being nice isn’t enough, particularly when it involves money. I get that the job market is rocky and it can be difficult to find a job, and as such a man might have trouble contributing financially and need his partner to pick up the slack for a while. I do get that, but at the same time being nice doesn’t pay the bills and it’s not unreasonable for the woman to get tired of it, particularly if the guy shows no signs of trying to do more than be nice. I know a guy who lost both his awesome girlfriend and tenancy of my boyfriend’s house because he used the fact that he wasn’t getting any work as an excuse to not pay my bf rent (and my bf gave him mates rates, and still the only time it ever got paid was if his girlfriend paid it for him) and live off his girlfriend and spend what money he did have on alcohol and takeout. And he was surprised when my bf lost patience and evicted him and his hard-working girlfriend dumped him and didn’t want to pay for him anymore, because he was a friend/her boyfriend and in his mind that was enough reason to expect them to just politely not mention it and let him continue. (Let’s not even get into how he mistreated our cat). And the truth was, being ‘nice’, a friend, a boyfriend, wasn’t enough when he wanted all the benefits of having a house and a girlfriend without wanting to do any of the things that come with that.

Tragedy of the Commons
Tragedy of the Commons

@ kupo

Now I’m reminded of the Wanda Sykes bit about having a detachable vagina.

Mels
Mels

Can we have a WHTM Catan party? Please?

Also, re: detachable vaginas – now I’m thinking of that Wanda Sykes bit about how convenient it would be for people with vaginas if we could just leave them at home.

Tragedy of the Commas
Tragedy of the Commas

Bah, accidentally entered my name as “Commons” rather than “Commas” in this and another thread. Still the same person. Sorry for any confusion.

@ mels

Jinx!

Paradoxical Intention

Mels | February 11, 2016 at 9:00 pm
Can we have a WHTM Catan party? Please?

I was thinking about that too!

TheLurker
TheLurker

This reminds me so much of a post on the red pill where a guy, trying to justify that women don’t know what they really want by saying something along the lines of “Every woman I’ve ever met said she likes sex but when I have sex with women, they don’t actually seem to enjoy it.”
He decided that meant that women lied about liking sex to attract alpha males and other assholes (or make betas thirst for them while they extracted resources like women are so good at doing) instead of making the obvious conclusion that he is just not good at sex.

reimalebario
reimalebario

In every major book?

I don’t recall reading anything to that effect in Winnie the Pooh.

dust bunny
dust bunny

@ Paradoxical Intention

…rather than just ask individual women that they would like to get with what’s up.

Also, remember they believe there are ways to trick or game women into sleeping with them. Of course you can’t ask women how to do that. Subconscious manipulation doesn’t work if the target is aware of what is going on. Dating isn’t a friendly, cooperative activity; you can’t ask the enemy how to best conquer their base.

@ Alan

Myth – Women only like arrogant douches
Origin – Some women find confidence attractive

It goes deeper and dumber than that. These guys just don’t have a fucking clue what it even means to be nice to other people.

Flirt, for example, often takes on the form of banter or light teasing. Which is clearly gigantically douchey behavior, and women like it. QED

Many of them have formed a narrative and force all of their observations to fit into it, and simply filter out evidence that doesn’t fit. “I wasn’t popular at school. The popular kids were bullies. I am not confident because I was constantly made to be ashamed of myself. The popular kids are confident because they made themselves that way by oppressing kids like me, who didn’t hurt anyone. Therefore, everyone who displays confidence and charm is evil. The whole world is set up to benefit bullies at the expense of people like me. It’s so unfair. I will continue to see this pattern everywhere for the rest of my life. Women like guys who are charming and confident. Therefore women are awards bestowed upon guys favored by the System that perpetuates the oppression of good guys like me by the bullies.”

Some of them are so confused they think expressing a contrary opinion is “not nice”. I’ve been on many dates where I was trying to get to know my date and find out if we were compatible, and he was desperately trying to prevent me so he could avoid giving me any reason at all to reject him and get further with me. (For them, dating appears to be kind of like Tetris. You proceed until the inevitable doom, and your score is whatever you accumulated before that happens.) These same guys would then be baffled and upset when I move on and show more interest in men who disagree with me occasionally. And undoubtedly conclude I like them because they’re “douches”.

Myth – Women are gold diggers

This is nothing but a nice way to once again blame the oppressed for their oppression. Historically, women were “gold diggers”, since the system was rigged up so that the best economic asset any woman could possibly have was marriage to a wealthy man. Society can change, but it doesn’t ever seem to make any form of misogyny go out of fashion.

Myth – Women only like ‘jocks’

Jocks are popular, so there’s a lot in common with this one and the one about arrogant douches.

There’s no reason to deny that athletic people tend to be more physically attractive, and that being physically attractive will put you at an advantage when it comes to dating. But it’s really, really something when men bitterly complain how women are putting them under too much pressure to look good.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

If I supposedly don’t know what I want, why the hell do these jerks think they’re going to know what I want either? I actually can come up with a list of things I *do* want through process of elimination of the things I *don’t* want…

Don’t want:
RP’s
MRAs
PUAs
anchovies
sharp pointy things in my eyes
A hot pink faux fur lady carpet
weasels

and so on…:P

dust bunny
dust bunny

@ msexceptiontotherule

How, how can you not want weasels? öööö
comment image

comment image
comment image
comment image

EDIT. Sorry for forcing my weasels on you, after all you just said you didn’t want them. ;_;