Uncategorized

Trump fans celebrate his N.H. victory with racist cartoons, anime memes, and Pepe

We're going to be seeing a lot more of this, alas.
We’re going to be seeing a lot more of this, alas.

On the Twitter, some of Donald Trump’s most unsavory supporters are celebrating his big win in New Hampshire by flooding Twitter with bad photoshops, racist cartoons, creepy fan art, anime memes, and more than a few Trump-themed Pepes.

I found a lot of these by looking at the #FashTheNation hashtag; it’s the name of an alt-right YouTube show. The “fash” part of the title refers to “fascism,” not “fashion.” I left out some of the more extravagantly racist memes I ran across.

trumptweetdelete

Paradoxical Intention (Mobile)
Paradoxical Intention (Mobile)

Because nothing is going to convince people to vote for you more than racist anime memes.

Thanks, shitlords, for making me ashamed to like anime.

Terrabeau
Terrabeau

I honestly cannot tell at this point whether these memes are supposed to be glorifying Trump or making fun of him. How do fucking anime girls mix with Neo-Nazi memes? It shall forever remain a mystery.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I can’t get over how violent these racist images are.

ephemerides
ephemerides

What the actual fuck is that stupid frog thing? Do anime girls have some sort of deep spiritual connection to New Hampshire politics? SO MANY QUESTIONS

Skiriki
Skiriki

Okay, now I’m sick in my stomach.

What the fuck is wrong with people? (Rhetorical. The answer is “a lot”.)

Do people really think that supporting a candidate on basis of fascism is really going to work? (Again, rhetorical. Because clearly.)

Don’t people really get it that as soon as there’s someone popular yelling that People of X Type are badwrong and need to be done Some Horrific and Unfair Thing, that Horrific and Unfair thing will be expanded to include someone they know, or someone who is their kin? Just because some horrible asshat will proclaim that they are People of X or Y type who have been declared as an enemy, considering how god fucking dammit TORTURE, the hallmark of BAD PEOPLE, is on Trumpyfrumpy’s TODO list?

Fucking Muppet Tribble Toupee Trump. He deserves nothing. Good day, sir, you deserve nothing.

Pandapool -- The Species that Endangers YOU (aka Jackie; currently using they/their, he/his, she/her pronouns)

I need more cake to deal with this bullshit.

What the actual fuck is that stupid frog thing?

That’s Pepe the Frog. Don’t insult him, insult the people who use him in racist ass memes.

davidknewton

Presumably the anime thing is because of Japan’s allegiance during the second world war? Possibly? That’s all I’ve got.

The frog thing is from a 4chan board with some school shooters on it.

weirwoodtreehugger

That one with Justin Trudeau about to be beheaded is quite disturbing. I’d hate to think of what was too extreme to be included here.

The Shining one though, I don’t really get it. There’s not exactly a happy ending for Jack. So why compare them? Not that it’s a surprise that they view a comparison to an attempted family annihilation in a positive light.

MexicanHotChocolate
MexicanHotChocolate

Trumps has a lot of support from Neo-Nazis and Klan members. He really needs to think about where his life went wrong. Of course, when ever someone points out that his followers are a bunch of xenophobic racists, he just laughs it off and mumbles something about “passionate supporters.” Fuck him.

Terrabeau
Terrabeau

By the way, does anyone know who the guy getting gas-chambered in the second pic is? How is he relevant to any of this?

StarStorm
StarStorm

I… uh… what?

I can’t even make sense of half of these. It’s obviously 4chan dipshittery, but what the fuck.

@weirwoodtreehugger

I was wondering what THAT was all about, but then I kind of got distracted by “why the hell ass balls did they feel the need to throw an anime girl on it”. That and “wow they have a hard-on for Putin”.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

That second one worries me. Who’s the fourth horseman of the apocalypse going to be?

As for Mission Accomplished… Well, the last time you used that banner, it really went well for you. As for why Justin Trudeau’s on his knees, I hate to think. Do these people not realize he’d beat Trump in a boxing match? And possibly Putin as well?

Also, how does the showing him as a frog creature work? Aren’t these people the ones who are afraid that lizard people are ruling the world? Or do they like him because he’s open about his reptilianness? Is that what the praise for his bluntness is about?

Epsilon
Epsilon

@ Mexican

Reasonable politicians wouldn’t want any of the xenophobic racists’ / sexists’ votes or from any other pseudo-intellectual fanatic. That speaks volumes on Trump, doesn’t it?

You know, question, would real fascists actually ever admit to being fascists?

Shadow
Shadow

Ditto. The Shining one f’rex is something I’d fully expect someone making fun of Trump to use, but it looks like it’s completely serious. Also, what’s up with the Trudeau thing? Is Trump going to annex Canada or something?

StarStorm
StarStorm

@Pandapool

If they believed it was a good thing, yes.

Epsilon
Epsilon

@ Rabbit

Those Neo-Nazis and KKK-ers are conflating bluntness with having no mental filter.

Snowberry
Snowberry

I think that’s supposed to be Bobby Jindal, who dropped out of the race awhile ago. With Bernie Sanders behind him. Not 100% certain though.

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

I am 4channing right now in another tab, and I have no idea how the fuck cartoons from Japan became totalitarian kitsch.

Chaltab
Chaltab

Are these supposed to be funny? Putting your political opponents in gas chambers is what constitutes a joke for these people? I don’t get it. Though something makes me want to go dig Woody Guthrie’s guitar out of mothballs.

Bina

Epic Satire Fail.

You wanna see Alpha Male satire done right? Then read this and weep!

Joel
Joel

Hello, long time reader, first time poster.

You spend a lot of time wading thru crap to expose this nonsense. So I want to show you something funny, have a great day.

Skiriki
Skiriki

banned@4chan.org:

There’s… some really dubious Japanese and Asian (for example, seen some Thai and Indian) cosplay. Not just as some sort Hetalia: Axis Powers cosplay, but full on Nazi cosplay. As in, of a sort of cosplay that would get people in the west thrown out of various WWII re-enactments. Which, I suppose, is good in the opinion of these memefying turdbucket edgelords.

Bina

On a positive note, Bernie Sanders also won New Hampshire.

And with a much higher margin than Der Donald, too. Like, as in an outright majority, whereas Der Donald was under 40% and merely came first past the post.

Sort of like a certain crappy Austrian PFC we all know and loathe.

bluecat
bluecat

These are pro-Trump?

If you hadn’t told us that I’d have assumed they were taking the razz out of him something rotten.

As a Brit I’m gratified to see our own little tinpot Hitler wannabe, Farage, has made it onto a US fascist’s inexplicable ugly meme. But what’s he doing with Putin and a big eyed anime girl in uniform?

@ Snowberry

I had the same question about the guy in the gas chamber – who is it? Who is/was Bobby Jindal? And… if he dropped out a while ago, why is he the target now?

It’s not, perish the thought, because he’s a person of colour? Then why not Ben Carson? Or…???

I realise I have too many questions about the logic here, and it’s memes made by fascists, so there goes that.

Cake sounds good. It’s 4.38 am here, so no cake is currently accessible.

MissEB47
MissEB47

EW, just EW. Especially the third one. The person who made that one really believes that gassing people is a good thing. Trump really needs to really take a good long look at himself, his policies and campaign for having so many xenophobic, racist supporters. Trump, if your most vocal supporters are Neo Nazis, KKK and white supremacists, it is NOT a good thing an there is something seriously wrong with YOU. They are comparing you to SS and Hitler for goodness sake!

Saphira
Saphira

Trump offers nothing but racism, arrogance and insults, but people are eating it up. I’m so embarrassed any more to be an American. We’ve become a nation of xenophobic jackasses.

Snowberry
Snowberry

If it is Jindal (and I’m not completely sure, because his face is at an odd angle and looks a little puffy) then I’m guessing it’s because his parents are immigrants from India. They probably think he’s a Muslim or something (he’s Christian).

Or possibly because he got tarred as “liberal” at one point even though he’s just slightly less extreme than other well-known Republicans. And that tarring is probably less due to his politics than the fact that he was the governor of Louisiana, which has the reputation among Republicans as being a “hotbed of liberal corruption” – while Louisiana has problems with corruption, it’s a purple state, and the problem’s not particular to either side as far as I’m aware.

guy
guy

I think that first anime girl is actually the anime-style depiction of the Crimean attorney general, because that is a thing that happened. For some reason.

Lunetta
Lunetta

Some of it (all of it) looks like heavy-handed satire. Is it satire? 😯

Also, what is the significance of the green lizard cartoon?

The only thing keeping me sane right now is this: http://www.refinery29.com/2015/12/99193/western-illinois-university-2016-election-prediction

Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur
Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur

For those of you who want to know about that lizard/frog, that is Pepe. I’m not sure what Pepe is used for, it’s just another piece of New Sincerity bullshit that I can’t decipher because my Post-Modern Draconian brain wasn’t able to handle such stupidity. Just like everything else about these memes and images.

As for Anime stuff, there’s this sort of strange obsession with channers and other internet denizens with anime. Probably because where as Western Animation (US, Canada, UK, and such) is often made by super-duper evil commie liberals and often explores unconventional ideas, Anime is made to provide to the power fantasy of most internet dwellers with ninjas and flying blonde guys, along with lots and lots of sexy white females with unrealistic body frames.

Of course, it could also be that most western animation is dominated by furries, but that’s debatable. And we all know how many of these chan types feel about furries… Which is ironic with things like Pepe the frog.

Really, it’s hard to wrap my noodle around this stuff… Then again, I’m feeling the Bern, but I think we could be okay with a second Clinton in the Oval Office…

Shadow
Shadow

I’m pretty sure that that isn’t Jindal, unless it’s a ridiculously distorted image of him. I don’t know if it could be anyone else, being neither USian nor a White supremacist, but I think it’s just a random brown (possibly muslim) person photoshopped into an existing gaschamber meme or cartoon

@skiriki

See John Oliver

wabewawa
wabewawa

Re: Gas chamber pic.

Not Jindal, a cultural critic named Jeet Heer. Image searching with the original yields multiple postings with only Bernie Sanders in the background. Apparently some personal vendetta against Jeet Heer to add him in for this one?

wabewawa
wabewawa

Another critique of Trump by Jeet Heer. That gas chamber image really hit me the worst out of all of these. The Doom one is a close second.

[Edit:] Can’t seem to get my links to work using copy/paste with the button.

For image confirmation, just google: jeet heer

For articles mentioned: jeet heer donald trump

bluecat
bluecat

Jeet Heer – the Lies v Bullshit guy? OK.

And… Pepe the Frog?

Pepe?

Doesn’t that sound like a Spanish speaker’s name?

I thought Trump was all about building that there wall?

Or don’t green amphibians count as the enemy?

I thought I’d sort of not mind too much if Trump did become the Republican candidate for President, so long as we could see him trounced (by Sanders for preference, but literally any Democrat would do at a pinch) into a stunning defeat.

Except that he’s appalling. And he clearly gives comfort to these kinds of skidmarks who think the gaschambers were a cool idea. And he normalises violence, torture, misogyny and racism. And comes close to inciting violence. And he makes my lovely American friends cringe.

You have my sympathy.

Nequam
Nequam

I guess I’m glad Twitter pics don’t hotlink?

Tovius
Tovius

I think the guy in the gas chamber is supposed to represent Mexicans.

(Edit: Oh, it’s Jeet Heer. Thanks wabewawa)

Now if you excuse me, I’ll need to shower my brain.

Anarchonist
Anarchonist

The eighth one says everything there is to know about these people. It’s a picture of an anti-rape event (Slutwalk, IIRC?) that was disrupted by a man showing his penis to the attenders and getting rightfully castigated for it. Many of the women present were abuse and rape survivors, and any person with a shred of decency in them would have torn the douchebag a new one.

Assholes everywhere tried to paint the photo as “feminist harpies attacking an innocent man” or some shit, but the pic clearly shows him with the same smug smile Trump has on his face. He was proud of what he did. The intended message here is that just like women who express their rage at a guy who gives no shit about boundaries are ‘hysterical’, so are Trump haters. The real message is, of course, that Trump is an asshole and a troll, and these people celebrate him for that. They’re both racist and misogynistic.

Also supported by the “I am going to be the next president” one. It doesn’t matter that they’re supporting an asshole, what matters is who wins. Even the ones not outright celebrating his fascistic tendencies reveal a fascist mindset in these people.

TheLurker
TheLurker

Why must they bring Pepe into this? He has done nothing to deserve this humiliation

Snowberry
Snowberry

Sigh. My thinking that it must be a political figure, most likely US, lead me astray. Though to be fair, I would never have guessed “Jeet Heer” because this is literally the first I’ve heard of him. Had to look him up.

bluecat
bluecat

I’m probably going too far in looking for reasons but, apart from crimes against punctuation, does anyone know what (((narrative))) indicates?

re: Jeet Heer on Donald Trump – very good and frightening article: thanks for pointing me in that direction.

tedthefed
tedthefed

First we had pseudo-ironic shock humor, now we have pseudo-ironic shock politics? I legit can’t imagine what the next step is.

Michael Lindsay
Michael Lindsay

Is…that the same mascot the mass murder fan squad over at r9k were using?

Tells you everything you need to know about Trump’s base I guess.

The question we have all been asking ever since GamerGate made their other mascot a Nazi anime schoolgirl.

Paradoxical Intention

On the origins of Pepe the Frog:

Pepe the Frog is an anthropomorphic frog character from the comic series Boy’s Club by Matt Furie.

There. Origins located.

Shadow
Shadow

@bluecat

This is just a guess but I think the “narrative” refers to the holocaust, i.e. just some good ol’ fashioned holocaust denial

Omnicrom
Omnicrom

So many anime memes, and not a single one from “An Irregular at Magic School”? That’s a series that literally glorifies fascism, genocide, racial purity, xenophobic nationalism, and the killing of civilians.

And it’s damn boring to boot.

1 2 3 5