antifeminism boobs citation needed Dean Esmay evil sexy ladies infighting men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA penises PUA rape rape culture red pill return of kings rhymes with roosh straw feminists

Dean Esmay warns men: “Roosh V wants you dead even more than feminists do.” Er, what?

Dean Esmay, choosing his words carefully. Just kidding! He never does that.
Dean Esmay, considering his words carefully. Just kidding! He never does that.

Dean Esmay is really kind of amazing. The Men’s Rights Twitter “activist” and former A Voice for Men Number Two Boy has finally managed to position himself on the right side of an issue — the issue being whether or not the repugnant Roosh V is repugnant. But many of his reasons for hating Roosh are frankly pretty bizarre.

Last week, you may recall, Esmay penned an impassioned attack on those media outlets that has misidentified Roosh as an MRA. “[E]very MRA I know,” Esmay insisted,

views him as a crackpot, a loon, a con artist and snake oil salesman, and a self-serving liar and weasel who likely lies about most of the rapeantasy sexcapade books he sells … .

Apparently, Esmay had somehow managed to forget that a year ago AVFM ran a puffball interview with Roosh, by a friend of Esmay’s, describing the wayward PUA as

a layered, tempered and earnest guy, who truly wants to help other men in their most basic and primal of life goals; a deep thinker, a powerful communicator and, … a gracious host.

Best to forget about that. AVFM has always been at war with Roosh.

Anyhoo, so Esmay has now penned a second attack on Roosh, this one even wilder and more Esmay-esque than the first, setting forth in some detail his case against the widely hated PUA asshat.

You might think that there would be no way even someone as addled as Esmay could screw up a critique of Roosh. But somehow he manages to, attacking Roosh for an assortment of oddball reasons and ratcheting up his often ridiculous rhetoric to eleven.

Esmay starts off by informing his fellow men that Roosh “wants you dead even more than feminists do.”

Er, who wants what now?

Whether it’s chemical or ideological poison they want to sell you, following RooshV and Return of Kings advice can land you in jail or dead. If you’re lucky, you may just wind up with multiple Sexually Transmitted Diseases, a dick that no longer works, womanly breasts, and a lonely broken life.

Womanly breasts, you say?

Even worse than the womanly man boobs, Esmay warns, are the womanly women that Roosh will bring into your life.

[F]ollowing Rooshly advice might get you jailed for false (or real!!) allegations. It may also get you physically attacked by those damaged, dysfunctional women they stupidly advise you to share a bed with.

After all, psychotic women are the only type you’ll ever meet if you follow the “NeoMasculinity” path … .

Esmay claims he’s got proof of the allegedly life-ruining actions of these allegedly “damaged, dysfunctional women.”

People should know that I have spoken to unfortunate Return of Kings fans who told me their secret stories of being beaten and abused and even jailed by the type of women the RoK cultists encouraged them to seek out. …

Indeed, Esmay suggests, some of these men “were stabbed in their sleep, set on fire, or arrested after a false accusation.”

Set on fire?

Sadly, Esmay continues, some of these poor fellows have also suffered from the terrible indignity of getting arrested for rapes they actually did commit after “they stupidly got drunk and followed Roosh’s advice and raped a drunk girl who then legitimately had them jailed.”

Esmay of course provides no actual evidence of any Roosh followers getting stabbed or set on fire or jailed for rape. I don’t know about the set-on-fire stuff, but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if Roosh fans were raping women on a regular basis. But we have no evidence here beyond Esmay’s word. And that, frankly, is not worth much.

Esmay wants us to feel bad for these poor fellows — apparently, even the men he considers to be Roosh-inspired rapists.

All I can do when talking to the poor fools who took Return of Kings/RooshV advice was shake my head and give them the same advice I give to so many other abused men facing physical and emotional scars and legal trouble.

I used to try to refrain from bluntly telling these poor unfortunates that they were fools to follow the bizarre Return Of Kings cult, that they got suckered and swindled by a cult leader named Roosh, but it seemed rude …

But I was wrong. Someone needs to tell them. So listen up, you fools in the RooshV circle: there is nothing but misery and death down the Return of Kings path.

Wait, so now Roosh’s fans are dying as well?

Esmay then explains at length why he and other AVFMers somehow never managed to get around to pointing out that Roosh was the terrible person he really is. As Esmay explains it, they were just being “trying to be charitable” towards someone who dislikes feminism as much as they do.

Only now, apparently, has Esmay realized that maybe he shouldn’t have been quite so nice to a dude he now sees as a “sociopath” and a “serial rapist.”

“So here’s the truth,” Esmay writes.

In many of his books, you find what are undeniably confessions of Roosh raping multiple women. In fact, the words “serial rapist” are not too harsh to describe Roosh, at least if his own published, public writings are to be believed.

Esmay, repeating claims he made in an earlier post, also describes longtime Roosh pal Matt Forney as “a confessed rapist by any sane standard.”

None of these apparent confessions of Roosh’s are particularly new; I started writing about them in 2013, and I was hardly the first to notice them. So why is Esmay, so long silent on all of this, speaking up now?

[R]ecent evidence has come to my attention on the matter to leave me convinced that there’s no reason to believe any of this is fiction, that all of it is real. You’ll probably be reading about it in the coming weeks if certain things I hope come to pass, including my hope that a few of their victims will step forward and we can get some of these sleazebags put away by legal authorities.

If Esmay actually has evidence of any of this, and can get it into the hands of the appropriate authorities, more power to him. But Esmay’s track record of providing evidence for his claims is not exactly great.

After this relatively brief discussion of Roosh’s alleged rapes, Esmay devotes most of the rest of his sprawling screed to arguing that

following Return of Kings advice isn’t just a good way to put lethal women in your life. It’s a good way to put lethal chemicals in your body.

Esmay seems particularly obsessed with a couple possible side effects of these “lethal chemicals.” I think you’ll see what I mean.

[I]f you want your dick to shrink and your mantits to grow to a shapely C-cup, and to become an opiate addict who lands in a hospital from liver failure and intestinal rupture from bowel obstruction, keep following the Return of Kings advice on “nutritional” supplements and “testosterone.” …

Seriously man, did you want your dick to fall off and massive tits to sprout on your chest while you lie in a hospital bed shuddering from withdrawal symptoms and liver and kidney damage that you may never be able to undo while your dick rots off?  …

Return of Kings-recommended supplements are frequently sold in forms where purity is in no way guaranteed and thus may also contain additional chemicals they don’t even have to tell you about. Have fun with that while both your biceps and your juicy new tits get bigger.

So far, it’s a tie: four mentions of man tits and four mentions of dicks getting smaller and/or falling off.

Esmay then remembers that whole rape thing:

I am not accusing Roosh of “advocating” rape. I am accusing him of confessing to rape, rape that is rape by any sane person’s standards.

And then it’s back to the tits and the dicks:

I am accusing him of selling chemical poisons that’ll help you grow tits, have a smaller dick, and die of liver failure while you shudder from opiate withdrawals and the AIDS symptoms you got from the crazy bitch who stuck a knife in your ribs before she falsely accused you of rape.

Final score: five pairs of man tits, five smaller/detachable penises, three liver failures, two stabbings by “crazy bitches,” and one partridge in a pear tree (that’s been set on fire).

Only Dean Esmay could take a perfectly legitimate critique of Roosh and Esmay it up this badly.

Lucrece
Lucrece

It’s awfully interesting that this *sudden* realisation that Roosh is a rapist comes right around the time the ol’Rooshy boy is getting a *lot* of mainstream attention…..trying to avoid the heat?

Miss Andry

Kudos on the 1984 reference. Love that book.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

“My enemy’s enemy is my friend. Until he gets too embarrassing for words, then I’ll turn on him too”

Valentine
Valentine

Considering feminists don’t generally want people to die then that statement is actually true in a way

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

Esmay, n.: To feel dismay at ones’ own incompetence. e.g., “You thought RoK might have something on it that wasn’t horrible? You must be feeling a little esmayed right now.”

Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)
Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)

This quote on a t-shirt, please?

And this needs to be nominated for “worst sentence ever”.

Valentine
Valentine

Opiate? Roosh is dealing heroin now?

EJ (The Other One)

lethal chemicals in your body.

Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)
Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)

This morning, I bumped my head against a sharp corner of the drying rack in the shower and got a cut in my forehead. Then I went to my appointment with the therapist, while googling “signs of concussion” (I’ve concluded I don’t have a concussion), only to realize once I got there that I had the wrong date and my appointment is actually tomorrow. I looked the reminder I left in my notepad, seeing it DOES say “wednesday the 10th”, and I’ve looked at that reminder probably 20 times, thinking “yup! tuesday the 9th. got it”.

But I still think I’m less confused than Esmay.

Delphi_ote
Delphi_ote

When the teacher isn’t looking, a pair of playground bullies will jointly terrorize the vulnerable. What sadistic fun the cowardly little abusers have together. When one bully gets caught, though, the other was suddenly never involved, can’t stand being around the bully, and is a good kid. Honest.

Roosh just got caught. That’s all.

Freemage
Freemage

Holy shit–Esmay just admitted the idea that rape–specifically, date-rape–might actually occasionally happen. This is way more shocking than a little in-group manosphere battling.

Side-note for the bemusement of the readers. After this paragraph:

The ad generator stuck in the logo for Volvo, with no adornment to indicate it was a clickable ad. This made me think you were about to take a dig at Volvos and emissions tests or something.

Side-note to the side-note: Why is Volvo’s logo basically a distorted version of the shield-and-spear symbol for masculinity?

Falconer
Falconer

Well, someone’s secure in his masculinity.

throwaway
throwaway

Sadly, Esmay continues[.]

Hear, hear.

DS
DS

@Delphi_Ote: exactly.

Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)
Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)

@Freemage

From what I’ve heard, the Volvo logo is supposed to be an old symbol for iron. I don’t know if the similarity to the “masculinity symbol” is a coincidence or because iron = strength = masculine or some BS like that.

Falconer
Falconer

Well, I just looked it up, and Wikipedia at least says the two symbols are Mars and Venus. I can’t say I’m surprised.

EDIT: They are, of course, the old alchemical symbols, and yes, the Mars symbol also represents iron. Venus represents copper, for some reason.

EJ (The Other One)

The alchemical symbol for iron is the same as the astrological symbol for the planet Mars (and therefore for masculinity) because mystics believed in that sort of symbolism.

At the time, only seven metals were known, and seven “planets” (not the same as what we consider to be a planet). Because the numbers happened to be the same, they decided that there had to be links between them and each “planet” had to have a corresponding metal. The sun (one of the “planets”) was declared to have gold as it’s metal, the moon had silver and so on. Mars had iron, possibly because Mars looks red through a telescope and iron is red; or possibly because of martial implications.

Also: Dean Esmay sucks, pass it on.

EDIT: What Falconer said.

Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)
Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)

@EJ

Thanks! 🙂

welp
welp

Hey, sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone know what happened with Lauging Witch? I tried googling it, but I couldn’t find anything but articles and blogs on how she’s a terrible person (maybe I just have really bad googling skills…). Again, sorry! I just want a brief update (if anybody knows anything. I mean she could be staying off the Internet right now). Her business’s Yelp page seems to be fine, but her fund page has closed down. Is her business okay now?

Weirdly enough I still see comments on YouTube about her (from atheist antifeminists of course who accuse her of being a “professional victim”). Maybe I’m just intruding in her personal business, but I saw one of those comments yesterday about her and it’s on my mind.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

The weird thing is, Mars looks red precisely because it has a surface veneer of oxidised iron particles.

How did they know that? I’m going with aliens.

Bernardo Soares
Bernardo Soares

So, how many mAur does that amount to?

Bina

Dafuq did I just read? DAFUQ??? All of it is just a big steaming pile of bovine feces, with the exception of Roosh being a rapist. That much is obvious to anyone with a bit of basic reading comprehension. But the rest? Does this man even lift…medical books?

Deano…srsly…you’re not helping. STFU.

Sky
Sky

I… I can’t handle the stupid. It’s like someone trying to insult their twin.

EJ (The Other One)

That’s a common misconception. Mars has patches of sand and rock of various different colours, much like Earth does. However, Mars has a lot of iron-rich dust in her atmosphere, giving the illusion that it’s red when viewed through a telescope.

Here’s the Dingo Gap on Mars, looking brown. Thanks Pathfinder, you’re awesome!

Bina

Or to feel dismayed at something you SHOULD be dismayed at, but for all the wrong reasons. And to arrive at a somewhat correct conclusion by leaping several times in the wrong direction.

@Bernardo Soares:

So, how many mAur does that amount to?

I’d say no more than 200-300 mAu, due to the relatively low level of preening smugness. However, when measured on the Sheen scale of how detached from reality it is, I think it’s approaching 900 mS.

Latte Cat
Latte Cat

Ahh yes, those dreaded man-tits. Which Dean, being such a knowledgeable fellow who must have passed his high school biology exams with flying colours, believes can grow to a “shapely” C cup while the rest of the man’s body stays the same (except the penis, apparently).
Besides, this guy has a pretty sound response, although I doubt he is a Roosh fanboy taking steroids –

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

EJ : the photo you show *look* red to me.

Now, given it come from pathfinder, it might be false colors.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ EJ

You’re quite correct of course. I should have said ‘a surface veneer of particles that makes up the bulk of the dust in the atmosphere’.

The surface colour of Mars thing is a bit weird. On some of the early surface pictures they just adjusted the colour balance until the photos looked ‘Marsy’. The Pathfinder ones are reasonably accurate though.

On Beagle 2 the colour correction panel was designed by Damien Hurst, so if you can “get your ass to Mars” there’s some over rated artwork lying in a crater.

EJ (The Other One)

That picture had been colour-corrected to look like it would when the light came through Earth’s atmosphere rather than Mars’s.

Here’s what it would look like if you stood on Mars:

Here’s what the same desert would look like on Earth (same image as above):

Here, by contrast, is an actual red desert (from Australia):

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ EJ

I love space stuff!

It’s always hard doing any sort of space photos. “What would it look like if I was actually stood there?” is apparently one of the hardest and most annoying questions to answer according to my astronomy friends; especially in relation to the deep space stuff like nebulae etc.

@Alan:
The fact that you can even consider asking that question makes you, sir, the greatest monster who ever lived.

EDIT:
Apologies for blowing up at everyone for calling Mars red. It’s a sore spot, I’m afraid. I should get out more.

Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid
Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid

When Esmay says that some Rooshbags have been “set on fire,” he means they’ve had beer thrown at them, right?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ EJ

No worries. I’m pretty placid but I’m the same when people say “forensic evidence” (all evidence is forensic by definition!!!!).

(I have asked that question a lot though, usually framed as “where would I have to be to see that ‘pillars of creation’ picture in real life?”)

Shama
Shama

Truth is, none of these guys really wants other guys to exist (nor get laid). Because, as they’re always saying, nothing ruins a woman more than penises apart from their own. And nothing is more awful than a woman sleeping around (with men other then themselves). These people are so transparent in how pathetic and insecure and selfish and shallow they are. What they really really want is a harem of hot, adoring, always sexually available and submissive girls – who will have to support themselves, by the way, because this “men” don’t even think they should be expected to be successful of whatever. Their MANLINESS alone gives them the right to all the hot p*ssy they so desperatedly crave (but no ugly, fat, old women, thank you very much – no matter how ugly, fat and old they themselves are)

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

That’s the symbol for Mars, like the “woman” symbol is the old symbol for Venus. I think the planetary associations came first. http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/austinpowers/images/7/76/Austin.jpg/

LindsayIrene

Set on fire. SET. ON. FIRE.

comment image

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

@EJ: Ninja’d on Mars and Venus.

Also: “I do not avoid women, Mandrake, but I do deny them my essence.”

Dodom
Dodom

Oh my! 😀
So if blood tests for iron are called a martial panel, then checking for blood copper can be called a veneral panel? :DDDDDDDD
*giggles at the childish pun*

Bernardo Soares
Bernardo Soares

@EJ

Sounds good to me. We might need more data, i.e. more of these posts to calibrate the measurement, but you’re on the right path.

NiOg
NiOg

Naturally, this incomprehensible anti-Roosh screed is based on Esmay’s manly logic circuits and impervious reason!

Surely, it couldn’t possibly have anything to do with the fact that the hated ex-partner Aurini has just-published a pro-Roosh pile-of-poo over at his own blog? NOOO OF COURSE NOT HE IS SO OVER THAT JERK WHY HE NEVER READS HIS WEBSITE OR ANYTHING *sniffle*

Surely, this timing is pure happenstance.

anon
anon

Dean Esmay: Finally right about one thing.

Up next: What to wear when blood rains from the sky.

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

I guess it’s good that Dean recognizes Roosh is a rapist, but he still couldn’t resist making it all women’s fault, could he? Sure, Roosh advises men to rape, but it’s not the fault of the men who took that advice. Nope, it is the fault of the woman who’s a crazy bitch for pressing charges.

He basically just admitted that MRAs know damn well that rape is common. They just don’t want rapists to have consequences.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

rape that is rape by any sane person’s standards

I keep staring at this phrase and trying to think of something to say that wouldn’t violate the comments policy.

Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)
Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)

@NiOg

Are you confusing Dean Esmay with Jordan Owen? 🙂

Bina

Uh, Deano? Steroids and opiates are NOT the same drugs. And the withdrawal from the two is not identical. Do some googling, damn you.

Also, where are all these guys getting AIDS and simultaneously knifed by deranged women who “falsely” accused them of rape? I need proof, Deano, and you’re not providing any. If this is some sort of epidemic, shouldn’t the CDC be alerted?

Valentine
Valentine

@bina
The wierd thing is that roosh advertises kratom on his website which is neither steroids or opiates. And even without google enough images of heroin addicts you see about will tell you the last thing that’s going to happen to them is they’ll get ‘manboobs’. Kratom on the other hand is probably just useless nonsense to steal people’s money. But I guess he just wants to scare his simple followers away from roosh by telling them their dicks will fall off if they talk to him. Weird, he reminds me of the little shit I used to be at high school spreading rumours -_- so that’s good

Scildfreja
Scildfreja

I am pretty sure that Mars is actually made of butterscotch ripple.

Monzach
Monzach

@Bina

Now I’m picturing Dean Esmay as Dean Martin…

ô.Ô

I think I’ll need approximately all the brain bleach in the world now.

WeirwoodTreeHugger
WeirwoodTreeHugger

Bina,
I think Dean saw I Spit on Your Grave and mistook it for a documentary.

1 2 3