#gamergate anti-Semitism antifeminism doxing empathy deficit harassment hypocrisy irony alert literal nazis lying liars men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny penises PUA racism rape rape culture red pill return of kings rhymes with roosh

The Daily Mail tracks Roosh V to his mother’s basement, where he lives. No, really.

Roosh Valizadeh, as he would prefer to be seen
Roosh Valizadeh, as he would prefer to be seen

This is just getting surreal.

The Daily Mail — yes, that Daily Mail — has tracked Roosh to his mother’s house in Silver Spring, Maryland, where he is currently living. In the basement.

The location of the pet shop has yet to be determined.

So, yeah. The Daily Mail literally staked out Roosh’s mom’s house, and snapped a few pictures of the man himself answering the door, looking a bit flustered, in a pit-stained t-shirt, after he called cops to the house to discuss the threats he’s been getting from people around the world unamused by his allegedly satirical article advocating the legalization of rape on private property.

Meanwhile, in the House of Commons — yes, that House of Commons, the one in London — Members of Parliament have been mocking the size of Roosh’s … following. As reported on Metro.co.uk,

Labour MP Chi Onwurah went a step further than this, suggesting he was ‘so insecure in his own masculinity’ that he felt the need to ‘augment the size of his… following’ – prompting giggles from around the Commons chamber.

Home Office minister Karen Bradley joined in, adding: ‘I join her in her comments about perhaps the reasons why this individual is doing what he is doing, ensuring he is getting publicity, in a way perhaps he needs for other reasons. I’ll say no more.’

Wink wink, nudge nudge. Say no more!

Oh, and Anonymous — yes, that Anonymous — now says it plans to dox Roosh’s supporters. Highlighting the many ironies here, their announcement of what they call Operation Glasgow Kiss borrowed most of its language from Roosh’s plan, announced several days ago, to dox journalists who’ve written about him in ways he doesn’t like.

Also, Roosh’s mom — no, not really Roosh’s mom — now has a Twitter account.

Have I missed anything? I’m pretty sure I have.

What do I make of all this? I’m frankly torn.

I’m certainly heartened to see so many publicly rebuking Roosh’s truly abhorrent ideas. Even if Roosh’s call to end rape by making it legal were absolute, 100% satire, he’s written literally hundreds of other things just as bad, if not worse, a point I made in my International Business Times piece yesterday. (For many more examples, take a stroll through my posts on him in the We Hunted the Mammoth archives, or read through the posts I highlighted here.)

It is also a little hard for me to feel much sympathy for Roosh on the doxxing question, given that he and his followers are simply having done to them what he has already done — or tried to do — to those he considers his enemies, including, well, me.

Does anyone remember the time he launched a campaign to “destroy” (his word) the life and reputation of a female journalist by falsely accusing her of (anti-white) racism?

“How far lost is Western society,” Roosh asked on Twitter, “if fat, ugly Indian [name and gendered slur redacted] has a platform to denounce a productive, intelligent white man?”

In a followup post, he explained that

Unless she’s applying for a position at Jezebel, no respectable company will touch a toxic individual who has been linked to racism.  …

It’s a slow-burn attack that will effectively punish these writers and scare their co-workers , whose income is low enough that they need to depend on corporate employment indefinitely … It won’t work on the big liberal writers like Jessica Valenti or Naomi Wolf, since any attention they get just helps them sell more books, but it does work on the young girl out of college trying to win feminist brownie points by denouncing a man for being “creepy” based on a bad joke.

And then he compared it with something he seems to have a certain amount of experience with:

Having your name destroyed on Google is the internet version of getting raped.

That’s right. He was comparing the smear campaign he was launching to rape — in what he saw as a good way.

I discuss some of Roosh’s other harassment campaigns, (as well as a violent and creepy revenge fantasy he posted on his blog) here and here.

So, yeah, Roosh isn’t having anything done to him that he and his followers haven’t done to others, with the exception of having actual MPs make unflattering insinuations about his penis in the House of Commons. Then again, if some MP were to call the target of one of his harassment campaigns a “fat ugly” c-word, I’m sure he’d be cackling with glee.

But at the same time, the public shaming of Roosh makes me deeply uneasy.

The Daily Mail literally staked out his mom’s house in order to get photos of him answering the door. He’s been doxxed; no doubt some of his followers will be as well. And I also have little doubt that Roosh is indeed getting the threats he says he’s getting. The answer to Roosh’s internet bullying isn’t to bully him back.

While some of the ironies of the current situation are admittedly a bit delicious — the man who preens on Instagram holding wads of cash turns out to be literally living in his mom’s basement — let’s not lose sight of the real issues here. There’s nothing inherently shameful about living in mom’s basement, or having a small … following. Indeed, jokes about Roosh’s penis rather trivialize the issues at stake here.

We should be exposing Roosh’s noxious ideas and behavior, not his mom’s address.

The real issues here are, I think, fourfold:

Roosh is teaching an abhorrent, woman-hating philosophy that encourages men to bulldoze past a woman’s no’s in order to, as Roosh puts it, “get their nut.”

Roosh is preaching bigotry — against women, against people of color, against LGBT folk, even against that familiar scapegoat, the Jews. Already a conduit for many of the noxious ideas of the “alt right,” Roosh seems well on his way to becoming a literal Nazi.

Roosh is a bully, using his followers as his own personal army in an attempt to “destroy” individuals he doesn’t like, most of them women. He was a supporter and enabler of the roving internet harassment squad known as GamerGate

Roosh’s own writings strongly suggest that he may be a serial rapist.

It’s that last one that troubles me the most, as it probably does most of you. If it’s true, I hope that the police return to his door, not because of threats he’s been getting online, but to arrest him. Will the current media firestorm over Roosh encourage women to come forward with specific charges against him? We will see.

Jarnsaxa
Jarnsaxa

If we’re talking about Pygmalion stories, the only one I really like is “Strictly Ballroom.” The female protagonist starts out actually plain, and becomes pretty, but in an ordinary way, not in a “suddenly a movie star” way, and because she starts a new skin care regimen and purchases new makeup, not because a boy suddenly starts liking her. She does discard her glasses (so it’s definitely not perfect), but it’s implied they’re messing up her dancing ability and depth perception somehow.

And by the end the male lead is still much more conventionally attractive than she is.

The movie isn’t problem-free, but for a romcom it’s remarkably free of girl hate, has no romantic rivalry and has two older woman characters who are somewhat sympathetically portrayed (even if one is an antagonist).

Bina

He explains that he ‘chooses’ to live in the basement rather than the ‘master bedroom’ because of the view.

Oh, so he LIKES looking out at mud, then? Because that’s normally what one sees from a basement.

(Come to think of it, mud is sort of his natural element, so maybe he really does prefer it. Like a trog…)

Valentine
Valentine

The article is dreadful. David has been writing good level headed articles for years on roosh and it’s such a shame this is what the media latches on to. Sweat patches? Basement? Basements are roomy and everyone sweats. Journalism at its worse.

Chiomara
Chiomara

Have you people looked at the actual article of The Daily Mail and the actual pictures? Looking at his face and the overall situation, half of me is almost sorry, while the other half is laughing delightfully like a supervillain.

I absolutely am not in favor of what is being done to him. But since it’s happening… I am going to stay here in the corner shaking my head in disaproval while trying not to laugh too loud.

comment image

Ps: Yeeeyyy, I learned to embed images!

Chiomara
Chiomara

But of course, female misfits and queer misfits are completely invisible in popular culture. They might get to be the sidekicks to the more conventionally attractive non-misfit characters or misfit characters who are cishet guys, but they’re pretty much never the main focus of the stories and when they are it’s only if it’s a Pygmalion kind of story. Nerdy or socially awkward girls can’t be okay the way they are and still score with a hot dude. They have to get a makeover and be revealed as conventionally beautiful under the glasses and frumpy clothes.

Amen. I have been rejected and humiliated to death in my teenage years, experienced all he did, and yet I felt no hatred. In fact, I just internalized the fact that it’s all my own fault. Probably because I never felt entitled to anyone’s love or attention. The real problem is men are socialized to believe they deserve women – not any woman. BEAUTIFUL women – only because they are thoughtful enough to be “nice” to them. the problem isn’t feminism.

ColeYote
ColeYote

Is the British government always this hilariously unprofessional, or just when potentially banning reactionary shitweasels from entering their country?

@Valentine: I’d be more tempted to agree with you if we weren’t talking about Roosh V. Don’t have a doubt in my mind he’d be the first to mock an adult male for living with his parents.

Inkswitch

have a really appropriate gif but have no idea how to post it in this comment section. can someone please help a poor n00b out?

Inkswitch

Just drop in the URL by itself.

Ashara Payne
Ashara Payne

Totally agree about the teen suffering bit. The ‘woe is me’ guys don’t even perceive average-looking or lower girls as potential girlfriend material. ‘Beauty and the Geek’ springs to mind.

The vid of Roosh in his basement bedroom: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ubMNBQwvV0I

Ashara Payne
Ashara Payne

I just re watched it and noticed that he claims to have had sex with a 48-year-old neighbour!! There is hope for me after all. Oh joy.
He also says he doesn’t drive a car as he is protecting the environment! I wonder if he works for Greenpeace? Maybe he volunteers. That BMW is obviously not his and is just for the pics. Like the cash.

weirwoodtreehugger

Beauty and the geek would have been an okay show if it they had done at least one season with female geeks and male beauties.

Okay. It still would have been shitty. But at least it wouldn’t have been shitty and offensive.

Jarnsaxa
Jarnsaxa

I’m a fairly average-looking geek woman and no man has ever flirted with me in real life. They don’t see me as girlfriend material–not even the plainer, geeky men. There’s definitely a huge disparity there.

Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)
Imaginary Petal (formerly dhag85, trying out pronouns - they/their)

This is the entire background to their “hypergamy” meme.

thinker
thinker

I tried to muddle through some of these issues & the way humans seem to all be just as bad as each other.
I don’t think many people we consider evil thought they were. They probably saw themselves as the good one.

One of the ideas I was left with was we as humans are all in some way prejudiced. What we seem to fight over is whether someone’s prejudices align with our prejudices. If they don’t heaven help them!

I think at the end of the day if we could look at ourselves objectively without emotion we would unfortunately realise that whatever size of the argument we are on we are pretty much all the same.

Kat
Kat

Here’s the thing about some socially awkward guys (not all, I’m sure) that I know from firsthand experience.

He might have a humble underdog vibe. And he might really, really like you and want to date you. And maybe you’ll overlook some issues of emotional inadequacy. Or grooming. Or inability to make a living.

And then maybe (remember, I don’t mean all awkward guys) he’ll try to flip the whole thing on you. Once you’re steadily dating or committed or in love or living with him, maybe he’ll turn out to be a power monger, aka an abuser. A batterer. Yeah, he’s an underdog in the world. But that won’t stop him from abusing you, emotionally, physically, sexually, or financially. Maybe all four.

That humble attitude? That was a sham. He just pretended to be humble to pull you into his orbit.

How do you avoid abusers? Respect your intuition. And your intuition might not tell you that he’s an abuser. It might just say, I’m not feeling it. I’m uncomfortable.

You deserve to be with a partner with whom you resonate. It’s something that you can’t see or touch, but you feel it.

Your intuition will help you to weed out perfectly fine guys who just aren’t your type. More important, your intuition will help you to weed out the abusers.

Kat
Kat

@Jarnsaxa

Is it possible that you just haven’t noticed guys flirting with you?

It could be just one word or just one look, but it counts.

Chiomara
Chiomara

I

Almost same. I mean, I do get sexual attention, especially if I am in a bar and visibly drunk, and I did get cat called, but I don’t call that exactly flirting. I have never been asked on a date in real life.( I have a boyfriend, but I met him online. A boy was interested in me when I was 15, but he was so creepy that the “flirting” consisted of him keeping constant eye contact with me for over a month. He incidentally grew to become a raging misogynist who complains about being an incel- wonder why – Other than that, nothing) My first (consensual) kiss was at 19 and only had one consensual male partner in my life.

Maybe we should write articles about how we deserve a rain of rich fit guys just because we THINK we are decent human beings. Society better give me a Jared Leto or I’ll get “rightfully” violent.

Obs: the last paragraph is sarcasm. Or better, it’s “satire”.

Hee. See, why do we need tabloid stakeouts when he posts his sad life for everyone to see? (I’ve lived in my share of miserable garrets, but I didn’t make videos of myself swaggering around like it was the Taj Mahal and making up macho stories about how it got that way.)

MsMockingbird
MsMockingbird

@chiomara

Same here, though I’m in my 40’s now. I have literally never been asked out–my last bf I met through martial arts and we got together after wrestling each other for a quite a while.

And I mean actually wrestling, no flirting.

Garrett
Garrett

Not a fan of Roosh but I’m pretty sure there is zero evidence that he lives with his mom. None presented in that article other than he was at his mom’s address.

Teiresias
Teiresias

I think at this point we can all agree that Roosh’s very existence is an insult to the name “Darius”. It’s still unbelievably hilarious to see someone like him so thoroughly humiliated. So few people who deserve it get it…

Kat
Kat

@Garrett

I agree.

The Daily Mail alleges that he lives with his mother. In the basement. How do they know? And how do they know what room he’s in?

The Daily Mail also points out his armpit sweat. It’s almost undetectable, plus maybe he was doing something strenuous. Big deal.

Also, how do they know why the police were called?

Maybe the Daily Mail has some amazing microphones that pick up conversations from a distance. Maybe everything that they say in the article was what they heard Roosh tell the police. But the source was not identified.

The Daily Mail is a right-wing sensationalist rag that tries to annoy people or make them angry.

One cute habit they have is to take photos of an aging celebrity and say how good that person looks when, in fact, that person has obviously aged or, alternatively, gotten a bad facelift. Then they sit back and watch the negative comments pour in: some commenters will say that the celeb looks awful and others will say, Why are you picking on my favorite actor? We all get old!!!

Kat
Kat

@thinker

Nope. Roosh goes out of his way to hurt, demean, and exploit women–and make a profit from it!

He tells men not to have a moment of morality when they are trying to get sex from a woman.

I suggest that you go to his website and take a good look around. If you still think that we humans are all pretty much the same, you’ve been hanging out with some awful, awful, awful people.

Kat
Kat

#GlasgowKiss

Sharon@MissDaisies asks Roosh,

If no means yes, is it actually still happening? Glasgow was looking forward to meeting you.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

Hahahah – the zoo talk always reminds me of M.O.D.’s “don’t feed the bears”. Yeah they have some particularly repugnant things as the subjects of their songs but this one is funny as hell, short in length, and surprisingly the lyrics aren’t about something that offends most people. But you may want to quit listening after the first song ends. 😛

Valentine
Valentine

Øcoleyote
Yeah it’s true that Roosh V would definitely jump all over this if the article was about someone else or one of his enemies. But we all know it’s not an arguement. It’s meaningless because it disputes nothing about him. You don’t win against people with bad ideology by mocking their living conditions or appearance. I think it’s pretty poor the article cos it’s making those kind of ‘look how shitty and weird he looks’ points and David has been methodically desputing Roosh and manosphere for years without nearly as much readers as this article has got. At least not in the mainstream. I wish this whole situation had ended up with not new articles but with more people coming to WHTM and also sharing the stuff. That would certainly be a victory for logic and also show we don’t drop to his level of personal attack. Plus as a geeky looking skinny guy this lumps me in with him! Cos of the way I look we must share an ideology, which makes 0 sense. -_-

mrex
mrex

@Chiomara

“The real problem is men are socialized to believe they deserve women – not any woman. BEAUTIFUL women – only because they are thoughtful enough to be “nice” to them.”

Sometimes I fantasize that these guys will come back as lesbians. Let them have a few crushes on straight girls. It’ll do them good. And somehow I don’t think “creepy entitled asshole” will play out as well when they’re not twice the size of their targets. Female creepsters get their assess kicked. Well, at least in my experience.

Squirrel kamikaze
Squirrel kamikaze

I’m pretty sure that bmw picture was taken in the parking lot of the leisure world shopping center, not exactly the most happening meet up place.

Marinerachel
Marinerachel

I hope his mother’s alright.

laughingattrps
laughingattrps

All the snide comments about mom’s basement, and how shitty and weird he looks are well deserved. Granted, for those who live in mom’s basement and have been accused of looking shitty and weird, they may move to defend Roosh from the those comments, but it isn’t necessary.

For one, Roosh portrayed himself as an ALPHA and alphas, don’t look shitty, don’t look weird and certainly don’t live in mom’s basement working as an Internet Lothario for ad revenue. He sold an false image of himself to take advantage of Internet misogynists.

Being shitty and weird looking while living in Mom’s basement is okay.

Being a MISOGYNISTIC shitty and weird looking person living in Mom’s basement is not okay.

And making money off of misogynistic shitty and weird looking people living in Mom’s basement by pretending to be a globe trotting, wealthy, rapist when in actuality you are just another misogynistic shitty and weird looking person living in Mom’s basement is not okay.

DreadFluffyRises
DreadFluffyRises

As a geeky guy, all the geeky ladies I meet are invariably in a relationship, and therefore off limits. I think I’m doing it wrong.

Saphira
Saphira

I’m torn. Doxxing is not right. Bringing his family into it could be downright dangerous to them. But on the other hand, he’s spewing his hatred all over the internet and in other public forums, plus it’s not like he’s taken the high road and not doxxed or harassed anyone who’s spoken out against him.

He put his views out there and no matter who are you are, when you do that, you open yourself up to your critics. And there’s no guarantee that those who disagree with you are going to play nicely, especially when your views on something are downright disgusting.

Does his mom know what he does for a living and how much he hates women? Because if I had a misogynist for a child and I knew about it, I’d sure not allow him to live with me. My response to that request would be, “Son, I love you and I always will, but I find your views on women to be very disturbing. I’m afraid I cannot allow you to live here as long as you think like that. I’m here for you when you are ready to have a serious discussion about changing.”

Andrea

I wish this were true. Intuition isn’t magic, though.

I just finished reading Childhood Disrupted which talked about, among other things, how people who grow up in abusive families aren’t able to identify safe and dangerous people reliably. Their intuition doesn’t work. Speaking from personal experience, mine doesn’t–and every time someone tells me that I need to “listen to my feelings” or “trust my intuition,” I want to say that I am–that’s what I’m doing–and my intuition is telling me that this awful person is the man of my dreams. Intuition gets broken when it’s been fed bad information for a long time, and it takes another long time and a lot of hard work to fix it.

Jarnsaxa
Jarnsaxa

Is it possible that you just haven’t noticed guys flirting with you?

It could be just one word or just one look, but it counts.

Nope. I’m pretty socially sensitive. The only people who have ever been interested in me have known me online first.

The problem is, I’m not just plain. I’m fat and opinionated too. Neither one of those is a killer by itself, but when you pair them together you’re pretty much sunk. I’m not even actually ugly, it’s the “opinionated and fat” parts that really end your prospects.

I have never been asked out. I have never been bought a drink. I have never been catcalled, not that I want to be, although I have STILL been shouted at by strangers from cars (it was more of a “free willy” type comment about how fat I am).

I don’t want a rich fit guy. I want a nerd guy, preferably at least slightly chubby, with a job or career *at all.*

And I really am very angry about it. The thing is, my anger isn’t directed at men, it’s directed at society for teaching people fat people aren’t human or dateable, it’s directed at myself in a huge way for not being able to pretend to be agreeable and passive, it’s even directed at my parents for passing me the fat, opinionated genes instead of the skinny, quiet genes.

It’s not directed at the men because I see men as individual people with individual reasons for not being interested in me, and they have a right not to be. And the ones I like who aren’t are good people, so why would I be mad at them? I value their friendships.

That’s the problem with the manospherians. They’re angry with women because they don’t see us as real people who are individuals. Fat women they don’t see at all, unless it’s to call us whales.

They did. I thought I remembered seeing one on the commercials, so I checked wikipedia. Starting in season 4 apparently they did have such a team.

I’ve come to believe that valuing logic over people’s feelings is also part of the problem with the manosphere, partly because I have actually studied logic.

Logic is a tool, and it can just as easily be used to justify something vile as something positive. Sophistry is a real thing and playing logical games so that you can pretend a vile opinion is good is very common. Eugenics comes to mind, but virtually every murderer and shitbird in the world has had “logical” reasons for what he or she did too.

Also, we do drop to the level of personal attack. This blog is about mocking misogyny, it’s right in the header graphic. It’s not about patiently, kindly, methodically and gently picking apart arguments; we do that too, sometimes, but honestly, it shouldn’t be our duty to be sweet and kind and gentle and nice and help the poor benighted mens figure out exactly where they went wrong without bruising their pwecious fwagile egos.

That’s always been women’s job and it’s an exhausting, fruitless one. And thinking it’s still our job is part of misogyny.

Scoots
Scoots

I just think doxxing people is wrong. Roosh V, maybe, but then his life is a matter of public record. His mom’s address ought to be left out of it, and so should some of the names and addresses of the sad, sad dudes who go around looking for the pet shop today. Let’s not descend to their level.

I am more than cool with someone infiltrating one of those meetings and taking pix of the back of the meeting, say, something to preserve identities–so we can look at the no doubt mighty crowds and laugh and laugh and laugh.

newbie
newbie

Garrett and Kat, when you look up Roosh’s White Pages (for example) info, it shows that he lives with his mom at that address, basement or not. That’s how DM people found him. I’d say that’s evidence.

It is possible that his mom could have left the townhouse to him and moved out, but her name (and phone number) is associated with that address as well.

As others said, there is nothing wrong in and of itself in living with one’s parents. But when one proclaims himself the King of Manly Manliness, spreading the philosophy of it to the knowable universe, it kinda becomes relevant, if for nothing else than PR. It is particularly relevant if that Manly Manliness is based on contempt for women, and it turns out that our King lives with mom. (Yay for meatloaf Fridays!)

The reactions to this “revelation”* are sweetly predictable. Roosh is being mocked world over, and even his acolytes are shocked to discover that their emperor has no clothes. Thank goodness for popcorn.

*This of course is no revelation to anyone who’s somewhat acquainted with the sphere. Spearhead, Tomassi, Minter, Elam, and who knows how many of the “gurus” are or have been fully or substantially supported, financially and otherwise, by women in their lives. Not needing to go out in the world and earn a living allows them to spend hours online playacting Manly Men, full of Real Knowledge (TM) (read: contempt) of women, on whose kindness and mercy their lives depend.

To think of it, some of that contempt may be in part related to the fact that they — grown, physically healthy men — are financially dependent on women. The permanent feeling of emasculation engendered by this humiliating dependence finds its outlet in their overcompensating misogynist “philosophy.” They would certainly not be the first to act this way. But I digress.

sparkalipoo
sparkalipoo

@wwth

I’ve noticed similar issues with Cracked were the writers are generally really good at talking about feminism and similar issues but then in their columns they’ll have rather sexist statements. Overall I think our society has an issue of ignoring girls and women who aren’t conventionally attractive and assuming that conventionally attractive girls and women get everything handed to them–just because someone wants to have sex with you isn’t a guarantee that they’ll treat you well. I agree Chiomara, that the issues that MRAs have is their sense of entitlement, not that they’ve been rejected, I’m pretty sure everyone in the world has been rejected at least once.

@History Nerd

I’ve noticed the same thing–people who use “tumblr feminists” and “tumblrina” as insults tend to be the people with tons of privilege and don’t get why people who don’t have their privilege are complaining and people who complain about “political correctness” and how it’s limiting freedom of speech, tend to be the people who feel like they get to dictate what speech is and isn’t acceptable

A Land Whale
A Land Whale

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think anyone will trust his super L33T alpha male skills knowing that he lives with his mama? More important question, does his mama know all the terrible shit he does ( or claims to do)?

Valentine
Valentine

@jarnsaxa
You’re right about there being no need for women to educate men on misogyny just in the same way that it’s not the job of the black community to teach how not to be racist. But this article is a pile of shit and even though David mocks he at least uses actual evidence and is smart and amusing at the same time. His articles deserve the attention that the daily mail have stolen.

Ashara Payne
Ashara Payne
Reply to  laughingattrps

No doubt this is all part of the ‘problem’ that MRAs have. If only women would go back to having no access to birth control or jobs they would be forced to marry us and get back in the kitchen where they belong. And there would be twice as many jobs available for us menz to do, without all that pesky competition from nasty wimminz. And we’d be able to afford to buy our own houses because those pesky wimminz wouldn’t have forced up property prices to beyond the reach of us poor forcibly-single menz.

weirwoodtreehugger

Andrea,
That’s an important point. Thank you for bringing it up. As someone who has intuition that works well it’s easy for me to forget that there’s just a certain amount of privilege in that and just think that women should trust their guts more.

Jarnsaxa,
Spot on. Women are taught to internalize their anger. Men are taught to externalize theirs. Yet we’re somehow supposed to feel sorry for men who are angry at our whole while simultaneously beating ourselves for our flaws. Nooooope!

Sparkalipoo,
It seems like a lot of men are feminists or agree with feminism on a personal level. Until they have a personal problem. Particularly with dating or sex. Or until a woman challenges them on one of their opinions. When they get emotional or angry, they revert back to the misogyny they were socialized with.

A Land Whale
A Land Whale

You know….this kind of reminds me….isn’t Paul Elam basically living off his girlfriend too? So, the two biggest, most violent, virulent, dickwad woman haters who teach other men to be the same….are both living off of women.

……

But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. They behave like spoiled brats, which is likely what they are since these women allow them to suckle from their teets forever. If that was my son or boyfriend, you bet his ass would on the street! Hell, the street would be too good for either of them!

brooked
brooked

@Valentine

Journalism at it’s worst is pretty much what The Daily Mail is famous for. It’s their jam. In defense of the author of DM article, the “ha ha Mom’s basement” aspect comes from the headline which are typically written by the click bait-obsessed editorial staff.

@Garrett

I actually agree with you, if Roosh has been living abroad then it’s understandable that he uses his Mom’s place as his primary US residence. He needs one for IDs, tax purposes, mail etc.

Arcadia Blue
Reply to  Jarnsaxa

Love this comment.

Jarnsaxa
Jarnsaxa

Oh, you meant the Daily Mail article? Sorry, I thought you meant this post.

For the record, it is shitty to mock someone for being sweaty and for living in a parent’s basement, and doxxing is straight up wrong.

However, none of us doxxed him, so I don’t feel the need to apologize for it. Its results are deplorable.

And if being mocked for being sweaty or living in a parent’s basement is the worst thing that ever happens to a self-admitted rapist, I’m not going to cry for him, either.

As far as I can tell there’s not much evidence he does live in a parent’s basement. If he does, it certainly goes to his credibility and is worth revealing for that reason. No excuse to give his address to people, although if it’s on the white pages I’m not even totally sure it qualifies as doxxing since it’s publically available online already.

NelC
NelC

I’m too full of schadenfreude to figure out how wrong doxxing Roosh is, but a couple or so have brought up a risk of violence to him. Is this a real risk? Has anyone actively threatened him? As bad as people around here think him, I haven’t seen anyone advocate violence against him.

Bina

Dunno if you’ve all seen this yet (or if it’s been left on another thread), but you NEED to follow this tweeter NOW:

Sample: “Any other Moms with precocious boys out there? How do you handle the “stiff sock” problem, can’t work out where the starch is coming from”

Valentine
Valentine

@jarnsaxa
Sorry yeah I meant the linked article. I seem to cause confusion wherever I go! XD but I also agree with you no need to pity him ot apologise just I think David deserves he recognition on this one. He did all the work here…