8chan anti-Semitism cuckolding cultural marxism gullibility homophobia none dare call it conspiracy racism rationalization hamster reactionary bullshit red pill return of kings

Neo-Nazis and Other Trump Fans Accuse Microsoft of Rigging the Iowa Caucuses

Donald Trump: Yuge loser?
Donald Trump: Yuge loser?

Donald Trump’s supporters, like the man himself, are not what you’d call gracious losers, so it comes as no surprise that they’re taking The Donald’s second-place finish in Iowa hard. And given Trump’s own forays into conspiracy theory (all that birther stuff), it’s also not exactly a shock to see his fans claiming that the Iowa caucuses were rigged.

What is a little surprising is who they’ve picked as the supervillain in the alleged plot against Trump. Not the winner of the Iowa caucuses, Ted Cruz, but Marco Rubio — the guy who came in third, after Trump. With a little help from the dastardly computer whizzes at Microsoft.

Their peculiar theory, first spread on 8chan and then picked up by such highly reputable publications as Breitbart and Infowars and Return of Kings, is that Microsoft, which provided free software used to count the votes in the caucuses, rigged the vote to make sure that Trump came in second and that Rubio won.

Oh, sorry, I forgot. Rubio didn’t win. He came in third place. After Trump.

But hey, the conspiracy theorists claim, he got more votes than people thought he would! And Trump didn’t win. Therefore skullduggery.

The “proof?” First, Trump lost, which his fans can’t imagine could have happened without vote rigging behind the scenes. Second, Microsoft was the second biggest donor in Rubio’s last Senate campaign. CHECKMATE.

But as Philip Bump of the Washington Post points out, Microsoft is only “sort of Rubio’s second-biggest donor.” The $33,000 that the Center for Responsive Politics reported as coming from Microsoft did not all or even mostly come from the company itself. As Bump explains, “most of that money came from various people working at Microsoft.”

Naturally, Trump’s fans — including a number of people familiar to readers of this blog — aren’t buying this debunking. On the Twitter hashtag #MicrosoftRubioFraud, the accusations are flying. As is the racism and homophobia.

But a few managed to find a silver lining:

And yes, he did refer to the Iowa caucuses as the Iowa CUCKus.

One Tweeter managed to find some humor in it all:

Clippy is one sneaky bastard, huh?

MexicanHotChocolate
MexicanHotChocolate

What a lovely mixture of racism and homophobia you’ve discovered, David. Thanks…I guess.

Paradoxical Intention

That rape headline is fucking disgusting.

But, hey, it’s always fun to see neo-nazis get their preferred underpants in a twist over the fact that not everyone thinks like them.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

The Law Of Right-Wing Projection kinda makes me wonder if Trump actually did rig something somewhere. Just not, y’know, successfully.

Lea
Lea

Armed patriots? Fucking Nazis is what these people are.

guy
guy

In which Republicans forget the polls they like are so bad Romney didn’t have a concession speech prepared and they didn’t see their majority leader’s primary loss coming.

I mean, this performance is actually a good sign for Rubio because the establishment favors him and so long as he doesn’t lose the early races too badly he could win overall, but that’s hardly proof of fraud.

CPphazor
CPphazor

At this rate we’re gonna sink back into the 50s. :/

Might as well begin saving those bottle caps now.

If the #MicrosoftRubioFraud is true, elites are coming ever closer to declaring civil war on millions of armed patriots. Won’t end well.

I love how the right wing has gotten so paranoid that the wrong warmongering pro-gun far-right Republican winning is a sign that the socialist black helicopters are coming for you.

msexceptiontotherule
msexceptiontotherule

WTF. No really, WTF – Trump won all the debates and secured the most respected, influential endorsements? No, what Trump did is what he seems to always do – talk over everyone else, saying outlandish things which demonstrated he has NO FUCKING CLUE how government and politics work. And he’s got fat stubby fingers – which he’s known to be highly sensitive about, going as far as to send the journalist who first made mention of his stubby fingers something like….20 years ago….a mailer with photos where he’s circled his hands – and Trump sends these every so often because he just can’t stop himself.

Like we really need a president who strategically files for bankruptcy with his businesses, and who appeals to those who believe there is a white genocide while using any form of ‘cuck’ they can conjure up.

Alan Robertshaw

Surely the most cogent evidence against Microsoft organising a computer based fraud is that it worked?

jon
jon

Every time I think the Sanders and Clinton partisans are getting on my nerves, I look elsewhere and am so pleased I’m not a Republican. I know there’s some considerable nutpicking involved in gathering these particular quotes, but I’d rather hear all the mathematical conspiracies about six coins all falling for Clinton than another round of “cuckservative” sobbing.

Also, I looked up cucking on Tumblr and am now well educated in the issues facing the sad patriarchs of Caucasian masculinity. Much of it made me want some brain bleach, but reading this stuff on your site after seeing some of those memes makes me better able to laugh at these sad men worried about the impending “White Genocide” at the feet and phalli of black men. I may be a race traitor, but I’m entertained.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Seems to me Trump was the victim of a reverse Bradley effect. Maybe in the privacy of the voting booth, people came to their senses and realized it wouldn’t be such a good idea to bestow presidential powers upon a vindictive, narcissistic assrug.

Drezden
Drezden

I was sort of hoping the hashtag related to the discovery that Marco Rubio was Microsoft’s attempt at a lifelike android.

🙁

I thought that was Ted and Heidi Cruz.

comment image

Scaly Llama
Scaly Llama

Theyre all wrong – it was actually the Elders of the Internet.
comment image

Bina

Hilarious to see them using an anti-Mexican slur against two guys who aren’t Mexican.

But then again, these people are so stupid they can’t tell the difference between a 1 and a 3, so I expect no better of them. I’m just sorry that they are probably all eligible to vote.

PS: Guys, please read this before you start howling again about CUCKuses.

dlouwe
dlouwe

It’s not even the wrong one winning, it’s the wrong one coming in close 3rd.

ej
ej

Slightly off-topic, but I was watching some of the coverage last night and they interviewed a Trump supporter. He was 19, so it was his first election. He had opted to skip the caucus so that he could get in line to get a good spot for Trump’s speech later that night.

He voluntarily did not vote just so that he could be at the front of the room for the speech.

Trump supporters confuse me.

Trump supporters confuse me.

That explains a lot about his campaign.

History Nerd
History Nerd

Trump supporters are likely people with a number of different extreme right or extreme left views, as in they might hold one or two views on specific issues that put them really far out of the mainstream. They like it that Trump is an outsider who says what he wants to. He couldn’t win in a general election against either Clinton or Sanders.

Cruz is still a little too conservative to win in a general election, but he might be able to win if he focuses on a few specific issues and downplays social conservatism. Rubio would be more electable though.

Paradoxical Intention

(I had to reverse this gif myself goddamn it Internet.)

Fabe
Fabe

@ ej
lol that reminds me of that episode of “The Simpsons
” When Bart ran for class president against Martian. While every one supported Bart He ended up losing because the only kids in the class who voted was Martian and the one kids who always threw up on the bus .

Paradoxical Intention

ej | February 2, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Trump supporters confuse me.

“How didn’t he win the caucus?! I didn’t participate in the voting, but how did he not win?!”

Apparently, logic isn’t his strong suit.

JoeB
JoeB

I was quite surprised when Trump was very measured and gracious in his speech last night. I was not at all surprised when many of his supporters were not.

ephemerides
ephemerides

“Ibn al-Khattab @JihadTheJews
Down With AntiWhites @prowhitesunite”

It’s so inspiring to see a dude with an Arabic name (and a somewhat suggestive twitter handle) and a white supremacist join forces in their hatred of other ethnicities. Trump really does bring people together.

(oh my god yes firefox, “ethnicities” is in fact a real word)

Pandapool -- The Species that Endangers YOU (aka Jackie; currently using they/their, he/his, she/her pronouns)

Interesting…interesting…could it be that Microsoft would prefer any other Republican but Trump as a candidate?

Yeah, but that’s also most people.

Well, until he got on Twitter.

ephemerides
ephemerides

“I will keep doing, but not worth it!”

It’s good to know he has such a sound fiscal policy.

Paradoxical Intention

@Katz:

BULL. FUCKIN. SHIT.

His campaign is not “Self-funded”. Plenty of gross people donated to another gross person.

Not to mention his shady “veterans’ fund” thing.

personalpest
personalpest

@ CPphazor:

“At this rate we’re gonna sink back into the 50s. :/”

No. We’ve got to remember that Trump, Cruz and their followers are a lunatic fringe whose influence and media coverage is way out of proportion to their numbers. All the decent people have to do is get off their asses and vote, and we’ll be all right, or at least no worse off than we are now. At least, that’s what I keep telling myself…

Tulse
Tulse

Trump’s a uniter, not a divider!

And I really think it is considerate of the right-wing wackadoodles to have such obviously vile Twitter handles, as it makes avoiding them so much easier.

Alan Robertshaw

There’s a tradition over here in parliamentary elections that you always vote for your opponent so no-one ever gets zero votes (Aww).

I asked one of my chambers mates if he done this. He said he would have done but he wasn’t on the electoral register. That’s the level of commitment I want in an MP.

(Theoretically you’re supposed to be on the electoral roll in order to stand but that’s often missed because you don’t have to live in your own constituency, and this guy was up against someone who was bound to win anyway so it’s not like he was going to have to move there)

Alan Robertshaw

One of my other chambers mates actually wanted to be an MP. He initially stood for Labour but when the Tories offered him a safe seat he changed sides.

And people ask why I’m not into politics 🙂

ETA: I really hope Reh becomes Prime Minister one day, because I still have the photos from the chambers Christmas party and it will be handy to have immunity from prosecution 😉

C.S.Strowbridge
C.S.Strowbridge

This is awesome. If even just 10% of Trump voters refuse to vote because they think the nomination was stolen from him, then the GOP’s chances in November drop considerably.

Saphira
Saphira

It was my expectation this caucus/primary season that Trump would have a temper tantrum about not winning, then insult any state that did not give him a win. I did not expect that his followers would provide such . . . um . . . “entertainment.” I really should be embarrassed for this country since these idiots are either becoming more vocal or more abundant.

BULL. FUCKIN. SHIT.

Not to mention his shady “veterans’ fund” thing.

Even if every penny of it had been his money, that would just mean “I’m really really really rich.” Only a GOP candidate could think that in and of itself was a selling point.

dontgiveahoot

I’d actually argue that Trump supporters are probably right to aim their ire at Rubio – I strongly suspect that the RNC will do everything in its power to give the nomination to Rubio simply to ensure they’re not stuck with either Cruz or Trump, neither of whom are willing to work with them.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

But it didn’t work, Rubio got third – …

Alan Robertshaw

“And now we just press this button and your victory is assured!”

*Automatically installing 1 of 233 updates. There’s fuck all you can do to interrupt this*

“Bugger”

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

Dear weirwoodtreehugger:

That second .gif almost makes me not terrified of bears

Hu's On First
Hu's On First

Ben Carson accused Ted Cruz of rigging the election by falsely telling people that Carson had dropped out and they should therefore switch their votes to Cruz.

Cruz’s campaign has actually apologized and admitted they should have clarified that Carson wasn’t actually dropping out. So there was something fishy going on with the results of this caucus, but it wasn’t what the neo-Nazis thought it was.

weirwoodtreehugger

That second .gif almost makes me not terrified of bears

My local zoo has 3 grizzly bears. Their little pond is right up against the glass wall. One time when I was visiting, two of the bears were wrestling in the pool, right up against the glass. It was really cool to see that so up close, but it was also a little scary. Especially since a couple of years later, one of the bears managed to break one of the layers of glass!

They are super cute though

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

At this point, Iowa mostly seems to serve as an excuse for low-performing candidates to suspend their campaigns.

I can’t say I’m surprised to hear Cruz’s campaign pulled a dirty trick out of their bag.

Kat
Kat

@SFHC
That cat photo . . .

***

These neo-Nazis have an utterly absurd conspiracy theory. Dudes, do you even theorize?

It’s clear that Microsoft was not behind Trump’s loss. No, it was behind Sanders’ “loss.” Microsoft used its terrifying black box program to rig the coin tosses.

The race between the Democrat presidential hopefuls was so tight in the Iowa caucus Monday that in at least six precincts, the decision on awarding a county delegate came down to a coin toss. And Clinton won all six, media reports said.

Alan Robertshaw

I know this is a bit weird coming from me, and feel free to call me out on my detachment when it comes to non animal stuff, but can I make a plea to people to think very carefully about zoos?

Some zoos do great work in the fields of research and conservation, but creatures like bears are used to a much larger habitat. They’re inherently curious in nature and need a lot of stimulation. They get that in the wild, but no matter how nice captivity conditions are (and I know a lot of zoo staff genuinely care about the animals they supervise) they’re still a very inadequate substitute.

There’s a reason that bear tried to escape.

I think the point of the OP was that conspiracy theories don’t look good on anyone.

weirwoodtreehugger

The bear wasn’t trying to escape. It was playing with a rock. The Minnesota Zoo is very good at providing large areas that are similar to the animal’s natural habitat. The tiger habitat is so big that you often don’t even get a glimpse of them. You can’t really see the whole habitat in those videos, but the bear habitat is sizable as well. Plus, the birds get to fly free in the tropical area (indoor and climate controlled because Minnesota). There used to be dolphins at the MN Zoo, but they transferred them because they kept getting sick or dying and even though the dolphins were very popular, they would rather not have dolphins than be irresponsible.

I know some zoos are shit, but the Minnesota Zoo is pretty great. I don’t go to the other zoo in my area, the Como Zoo because I think the animals don’t have good enough habitats. Although I hear they’ve gotten better.

Alan Robertshaw

Some zoo habitats are particularly horrendous, but for animals like bears, no matter how large an enclosure they still suffer. They can have territories of hundreds of square miles in the wild. It doesn’t take them long to fully absorb the repetitive environment of a zoo paddock.

Be wary of organisations that operate for profit saying escaping animals are just playing, they can hardly broadcast the truth.

A gilded cage and all that.

Cetacean captivity is just evil. They capture the dolphins at a place called Taiji. Check out the videos, but make sure you have a sick bag. They capture whole pods of dolphins, that can be 50 at a time, select the ones the zoos and seaparks want (they go for $250,000 a time) and slaughter the rest. No, I don’t know why either.

@ WWTH

Check this out (TW for animal cruelty). You’re brilliant at speaking out against injustice so the cause could really do with your help 🙂

1 2 3 4