alpha males antifeminism entitled babies evil sexy ladies evil SJWs homophobia imaginary oppression masculinity men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny no girls allowed post contains jokes post contains sarcasm PUA rape culture reactionary bullshit red pill rhymes with roosh transphobia

Where is the pet shop? Roosh V Plans Secret Meetups, Announces Locations on Internet

If you attend one of Roosh's meetups, come prepared!
If you attend one of Roosh’s meetups, come prepared!

UPDATE: Roosh has announced that he is cancelling all the meetups. For more see my post here.

Numerous We Hunted the Mammoth operatives have informed me that Roosh Valizadeh, the pickup artist and rape legalization proponent who is apparently trying to start a second career as a “neomasculine” cult leader of sorts, is planning dozens of meetups around the world, from Birmingham, Alabama to Taiwan, all scheduled for next Saturday.

While the meetups aren’t literally secret, Roosh is organizing them like a CIA operative planning covert ops. Or at least like a ten-year-old boy playing secret agent.

On his blog, he tells his fans that in each city where a meetup is planned,

Hosts have been instructed to wait at the meeting point from 8:00-8:20pm before moving on to the final location. If you arrive at the meeting point at 8:21pm, you will miss the meetup. Arriving on time within the window is absolutely paramount.

Ok, Secret Roosh Spy Army: Write “be on time” on a post-it note. Memorize it. Then eat the post-it note.

If you find you cannot memorize these instructions the first time, prepare and eat as many post-it notes are necessary until you can recite the instructions out loud without referring to your notes. NOTE: Do not actually recite the instructions out loud, as feminist spies may be lurking nearby.

To identify your fellow tribesmen, ask the following question to a man you suspect is there for the meetup: “Do you know where I can find a pet shop?” If you are asked this question, answer in the affirmative: “Yes, it’s right here.”

Ah, the old “where’s the pet shop” ploy, one of the all time spy classics!

You can then introduce yourself and get details about where to proceed at 8:20. If you ask someone for the pet shop and they appear confused or actually try to direct you to a real pet shop, they’re not there for the meetup.

If the person you have spoken to looks like they might be a secret feminist, and giggles at you, YOUR MISSION HAS BEEN COMPROMISED! Shout “abort, abort! The pet shop has a sale on canaries!’

This will alert any other Roosh agents in the area that your cover has been blown. Flee the scene immediately, preferably with your hands waving in the air above your head, shrieking.

In another post, Roosh answers some questions that have come up about his super seekrit meetups.

First off: There will be no girls allowed!

Q: Can I bring a female friend, girlfriend, lover, or wife?
A: Absolutely not. This meeting is for heterosexual men only.

Q: Can I come if I’m a homosexual or transsexual?
A: No. This is a meeting for heterosexual men only.

Q: What should we do if a pretty girl shows up and begs to be a fly on the wall?
A: Get her number and then tell her to buzz off. Do not allow women to attend the meeting.

Do you see what he did there in the last answer? The bit about buzzing off? BECAUSE FLIES BUZZ.

Q: What if crazy feminists show up?
A: Record them with your camera, upload the footage to Dropbox, and then send it to me at roosh@rooshv.com afterwards so we can tear them up. If accosted during the meetup, travel to the final venue in pairs or triplets using an indirect route so the final location is not compromised (make sure you are not followed).

I’m sorry, I have to post this:

Secret Roosh Agents need to be constantly alert!

Q: Have the hosts been vetted? What if they are a secret feminist agent?
A: Again, this has never happened before, so the risk is minuscule. If you remain anxious or fearful of green-haired female activists or male feminists, simply don’t give out your last name or company name during the meetup.

Alternately, and I’m not sure why Roosh didn’t suggest this, give a fake name. Some suggestions, mostly borrowed from here:

• Bo Nerr
  • Cole Onnick
  • Dick C. Normus
  • Dougie Style
  • Homer Sexual (Note: May get you kicked out of the meetup. See above.)
  • Lou Stools
  • Max E. Pad
  • Frank Lee Underwhelmedbythesefakenames

And then there’s the question that every new organization faces:

Q: Is this a white nationalist meetup?
A: No. This is a meetup for men of all races and backgrounds who read ROK and my blog. The Tribal Meeting is not a white nationalist organization.

And one more little clarification:

Q: Do permanent tribes have a consistent message that ensures purity of neomasculine thought during the meetings?
A: There is no universal program. Each tribe is encouraged to interpret neomasculinity to suit their local and immediate needs.

ALL HAIL ROOSH PROPHET OF NEOMASCULINITY

Oops, almost forgot this one!

Q: Are you concerned that agents within the various Alphabet Soup groups (CIA, FBI, NSA, CID, NCIS, ETC) may try to infiltrate the tribal meetup?
A: The tribe is apolitical and does not attempt to challenge governmental authority, so I don’t believe we’ll be targeted for infiltration. That said, keep an eye on possible agent provocateurs who advocate for illegal activities out of the blue.

For example, this man, who has been known to advocate making rape legal on private property.

Hey Ladies!
Hey Ladies!

Oh, and bring your cameras!

Up to now, the enemy has been able to exert their power by isolating us and attacking with shrieking mobs, but we’ll be able to neutralize that tactic by amassing in high numbers come February 6. I will exact furious retribution upon anyone who challenges you in public on that date (remember to record them).

As it turns out, there’s a meetup in Chicago that I could make it to without too much trouble. I plan to attend disguised as a pet store.

How exactly would I pull this off? Well, this woman accidentally cosplayed a hotel, so I think I could manage.

Oh, that's embarrassing!
Oh, that’s embarrassing!

Stay safe everyone! And stock up on fake mustaches.

A. Nuran
A. Nuran

No secret meetup in Oregon? I am crushed!

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@A. Nuran:
Wasn’t that at Malheur?

(Too soon?)

Owen McLovely
Owen McLovely

Flights – Washington DC – Sydney/Canberra/Melbourne: $2,465.16.

Posting your itinerary on the Internet and being showered in Fosters: Priceless.

Getting deported – Even more priceless.

Owen McLovely
Owen McLovely

I know. Let’s dress up in Brit trenchcoats from the 80s and ask is this the Pet Shop Boys fan club.

eyesopen
eyesopen

Well, news of Roosh’s meetup in our area has just reached our local newspaper.

The sub heading states that ‘Feminists have reacted with fury.’ In the article there are no quotes from anyone, feminist or otherwise. No quotes at all – furious or not!!!

There are lots of furious quotes in the comments though, with people talking about doing unspeakable things to Roosh.

Ironically, one women used the comments to air her opinion that feminism is ‘a horrendous ideology’ !

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Yes, it’s right here.

Worst. Furry. Convention. Ever.

ej
ej

@eyesopen

That’s always the problem, isn’t it? Any reaction from feminists is seen as angry. The media continues to perpetuate that stereotype, even when there isn’t evidence to support it.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

I can not access many stuff from job, so is there a meeting in France too ?
The fake names just bring to my memories the Life of Brian and his centurion Biggus Dickus…

Have a nice day.

maghavan
maghavan

Q: Is this a white nationalist meetup?

Whew!

I was on the fence until that.

I only hang out with open-minded people who want to legalize rape. Not racists. No way. I have standards.

Mouse
Mouse

Guys, this scum lord is coming to Glasgow next Saturday to spout his nonsense. I’m a young Scottish woman living in Glasgow, and I DO NOT want to be made to feel unsafe by this asshole when I’m out. I want to make it clear that he is not welcome on Scottish soil. If you have a spare moment, can you sign this petition that says NO to RooshV in Scotland. It’s reached 41,722 of 45,000 signatures already! Thanks guys!

kupo
kupo

@Occasional reader
France

Nantes – Crossing of Rue du Chateau and Rue Mathelin Rodier. In front of the main entrance of the castle is a little square with a statue of Anne de Bretagne. Meet beside the statue.
Paris – Place de la République, beside the lion statue.

Immigration Minister Peter Dutton says Daryush “Roosh” Valizadeh has no visa to visit Australia and hasn’t applied for one.

The fool doesn’t even know you need a visa to visit Australia, does he? Either that or he has no actual plans to visit.

dhag85
dhag85

Q: Is this a white nationalist meetup?

A: Nope! Just because a bunch of white nationalists are meeting up, doesn’t mean it’s a white nationalist meetup. GAHD! Stop asking this question EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Reminds me of the media’s take on the Star Wars MANcott. Every article I saw on the subject railed on about “Feminist outrage!” and laughed along with the “Lulz trolls!”… They did include quotes (well, tweets), but apparently the writers hadn’t actually read any of the fucking things. The “Outraged feminists,” to a one, had tweeted things like “Hahaha, this is so ridiculous,” and the “Lulz trolls,” to a one, had usernames like HeilHitler666 and years-long timelines of nothing but right-wing propaganda.

Fair And Balanced.™

I can not access many stuff from job, so is there a meeting in France too ?

Apparently, two:

Paris – Place de la République, beside the lion statue.

EDIT: Ninja’d by Kupo!

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

comment image

Alan Robertshaw

Doesn’t appear that Roosh thinks he has any appeal down here in the West Country. Can’t say I’m that surprised. Like a lot of traditionally working class communities it’s got that matriarchy thing going on.

Also you’d need to attach the phrases “tractor pull” or “hog roast” to get people in Cornwall to attend the Second Coming.

Paging David F

I’ve just had a Google (it was either that or do some actually work) and it may be that this whole Roosh thing just arises out of a spat with that Milo guy.

Roosh’s tweets directed at him just seem to be saying things about comparative popularity and swapping graphs of social media hits. Roost claims that, because of the publicity he’s getting over this, he now “holds the crown”.

Hard to believe that someone like Roosh could be driven by petty rivalry and ego, but shocking as it may seem, that might be a possibility.

You know better than me how this twitter thing works so probably you’ve already spotted this.

eyesopen
eyesopen

@Alan Robertshaw

Rooshites may receive short shrift up here in the north east Alan. It appears we may live in a matriarchy also if one male commentator’s words are to be believed:-

“Let’s see him try telling a mackem lass to follow his orders….good luck with that one they’ll eat ya alive”

Bina

I would like to do a lecture in Australia one day. I’d just have to bring a couple extra things to stay safe.

Maybe he’s referring to a whistle or a personal alarm. I can see the irony in that.

No, he tweeted a pic of a can of pepper spray and a telescoping baton. Both of which are illegal in Australia.

Pretty sure he’d be barred at the airport when those show up on the baggage x-ray.

Roosh is demanding blowjobs from female journalists for interviews in Australia. https://twitter.com/mlle_elle/status/694388454168211457/photo/1

Oh, CHARMING. And the lineup for takers is blocks long, I suppose…

@ eyesopen

I know, it’s great isn’t it? Be interesting to see what happens across the border too. Isn’t he doing one in Glasgow? Have any of these guys ever even met a Scots Lassie! They’ll be wearing their gonads for earrings.

Bina

“I don’t respect the work of female journalists”, tweets chickenshit Roosh.

He really IS afraid of women turning questions around on him, isn’t he?

Razwick
Razwick

Ahahaha, oh man, there’s a meetup in Winnipeg, and the place they picked is just going to be completely packed with people.

There’s always people milling about there since it’s right next to the damn food court in a mall. There’s gonna be many confused dudes trying to figure out who the hell to ask about this pet shop.

Sigh, it’s just a real shame that these are happening anywhere, to see your own city on the list brings a certain level of shame.

I’m tempted to go stand there just to see what happens. If I give them a funny look will they start screaming anti-woman slurs at me, or attempt to get my phone number?

Bina

Now THAT I can get behind…

ej
ej

So, let me get this straight:
-Roosh has posted tweets about bringing illegal weapons into Australia
-He has booked tickets to Australia*
-He has not applied for a visa and plans to depart in 2 days

Yeah…this is going to go great.

*Probably. I’m not convinced he actually purchased the tickets. The screenshot doesn’t look like a confirmation page because the price is listed as ‘subtotal.’ Regardless, if this is his plan, it’s ridiculous.

lightcastle
lightcastle

I don’t think he has any intention of going to Australia or anywhere else. He’s just doing this for media hits and attention. The meetings themselves aren’t even for some speech or such, they are literally just “people should make local ‘neomasculanist’ support groups.” He’s even saying that he doesn’t care what people talk about, there is no agenda, and if you are the only one who shows up to a given rendezvous, it sucks to be you.

I will give him credit for playing the media game well with this, but this is pretty boring stuff. David’s well-placed mocking of the ridiculous spy bs is about right. (I mean, I could still see grabbing some people and showing up to the pink trees here in Montreal and laughing at anyone so silly to be a Roosh fan, but meh.)

Newt
Newt

Could you expand on that? I’ve heard this assertion a few times lately, usually from married men, along the lines of “I can’t argue with the missus”. I used to dismiss it as tongue-in-cheek, but I’m starting to suspect it has a lot of overlap with why MRAs think a matriarchy exists.

@ ej

I can’t see his actual realtime tweets but there’s like a web page that shows older ones and he’s got some maps up and jokes about sneaking in by watercraft.

My theory now is that this whole thing is just a scam to generate more social media hits than Milo.

When nobody turns up, except protesters, he’ll announce “haha, fooled you all” and make out this is some sort of genius piece of manipulation on his part.

lightcastle
lightcastle

Alan, exactly.
It’s a no-lose situation for him.

If anyone shows up, he wins because people show up.
If there are protests, he wins because he is important enough to protest.
(Also, new people to do the 2 minute hate on for his followers)
If no one shows up, either it was a joke or (more likely) – he changed it to super secret meetings and there was huge turnout but “the stupid SJWs” bought the fake out.

Remember, this is a guy who trumpeted being able to find somewhere to speak to 40 people in a city with millions of inhabitants was a major victory against the forces trying to silence him.

Outright mockery about how desperate he’s become is the only reasonable response.

ej
ej

@Alan

I can’t say I’m surprised that he’s that petty. I almost feel bad for the guys who don’t know that this is a social media stunt and show up any way, but then I remember that they support Roosh and I don’t feel so bad any more.

So, if this is what Roosh does to get clicks, what’s Milo going to do in response?

@ Newt

It’s a really fascinating area of discussion. One of the best people I heard speak about this was Les Dawson. As well as being a very funny comedian he was also a very clever man. He was once talking about the popularity of ‘mother in law’ jokes.

His theory was that they were a recognition of the important role women played in working class northern families. Women had to work but also take care of the family. He also grew up in a generation where women had played an important role in the Home Front during the war; supporting families whilst the men were away.

It was very common in the north for women to take care of all major decisions and finances. Men would routinely hand over their wage packets to their wives.

I think where this very much differs from the MRA view is that there’s no actual hostility or resentment towards women. His jokes may have been a bit groan worthy, but they weren’t nasty. Unlike MRA ‘humour’ women could laugh at them too.

They were an almost poignant commentary on the realities of working class life and the hardships women faced. Raising families and working in mills. There was a recognition that women were in charge but necessarily so. That’s not to say women had it easy of course. They may have taken care or the purse strings but they weren’t splashing out on bon bons; they were keeping a family fed and clothed on limited resources.

I think where that attitude differs from the present day one is that men might joke about their wives but there was still a sense of gratitude and appreciation for a real situation whereas MRAs display resentment about a perceived but false reality.

I think there has been a lot of more recent commentary on this from working class feminists so I bet theres some interesting, and more informative, writing out there.

@ ej

I don’t want to link to the web page that shows the tweets in case it optimises SEO for him or something, but someone more techno literate than I may wish to sample some of the ones aimed at Milo and Roosh’s obsessions with graphs to get an idea of what’s going on.

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

he now “holds the crown”.

Is that why his posture is so bad? That round-shouldered hunch screams “geeky teen AD&D master,” not “proud manly man.”

Orion
Orion

@AsAboveSoBelow,

You picked the wrong crowd for that joke.

maghavan
maghavan

I think MRAs should think about “seasteading” .

Imagine the awesomeness of a lot of self-declared “straight” dudes on a boat with no women for miles in any direction….

I can see Roosh getting on board with that….

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

@Orion: I’m sorry, no offense meant. I’ve been known to dabble in the dark AD&D arts myself. Was trying to think of a comparison Doosh would hate. Thanks.

Dr Hoveiny
Dr Hoveiny

I just saw Facebook comments on a local news outlet’s story about the Rooshapolooza in my city. It reminds me of the reactions when I explain the manosphere to someone for the first time, which is just utter incredulity and disgust. Score one humanity!

Valentine
Valentine

@alan
Completely off topic but why shouldn’t we call killer whales orcas?

Dalillama
Dalillama

I’d love to read your story.

Alan Robertshaw

We also have some non intuitive pronunciations. Magdalen and Caius (as in the colleges) are respectively ‘Mawdlin’ and ‘Keys’.

Indeed, this is the origin of ‘maudlin’; Mary Magdalen is often portrayed as crying, so her name, or a variation thereof, came to mean excessively sad or weepy.

Ludomancer
Ludomancer

Another bit of press coverage, courtesy of the CBC: Roosh V and his views not welcome in Ottawa, Mayor Jim Watson tweets

@ valentine

why shouldn’t we call killer whales orcas?

Because they’ve got the coolest name in the ocean! 🙂

(When we finally decipher cetacean languages that’s what it will turn out they’ve been saying to us)

Wwaxwork
Wwaxwork

It’s actually a rather clever ploy. By making entrance to the meeting all “Secret Squirrel” like this, if no one shows up it’s not because no one showed up it’s because their secret meet was infiltrated or some such nonsense.

@ dalillama

Cheers for that. I always like to learn one new thing each day, so that’s today’s quota sorted.

(I don’t vet these things very closely so feel free to tell me anything. I spent several years believing dogs couldn’t look up; despite owning a dog)

Dr. NicolaLuna
Dr. NicolaLuna

Non-flammable beer, I hope!!!

Of course. I don’t want to be accused of attempted murder!

@DrNicolaLuna:
I’m going to the London one. I’ll dress all John Le Carre-ish and loiter around.

If you see a lady with rainbow coloured hair, come and say hi. Or something about pet shops.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

I’ll do that!

I’d love to read your story.

Awesome! I’ve set up a forwarding email if you want to talk offsite: katz@forward.cat.

Mouse
Mouse

Oops, I just read back a page and realised that Bina has already posted the petition for Scotland. Sorry for the repost! Thanks for all the support, guys! 🙂

SpleenyBadger
SpleenyBadger

@lightcastle

I agree, I’m beginning to think this is all just PR for this bozo with very little actual substance, and no matter which way it goes, he’ll see it as a win. That kinda chaps my hide, but at the same time, if he genuinely believes that ANY publicity is good publicity, then he’s even more pathetic than I thought. And that’s saying something.

Bina

I think MRAs should think about “seasteading” .

I can see Roosh getting on board with that….

So can I.

And I can see a hurricane looming, and them not able to change course, because they’re such manly manly menz and all…

sparkalipoo
sparkalipoo

@Alan Robertshaw

I don’t feel kind of weird about the whole the working class have a matriarchy. On one hand I do think wealthier women have more restrictive gender roles than working class women but on the other hand as a working class women, I worry that it ignores the sexism working class women have to deal with and the sexism within working class communities (I realize that the UK is different than the US but nothing you said made me think that being working class is completely dissimilar to being working class in the US)

I think MRAs should think about “seasteading” .

It would be like this but a lot less endearing.