antifeminism concern troll harassment homophobia hypocrisy irony alert misogyny racism threats TROOOLLLL!! twitter

Just Another Day on Twitter: Horse-Obsessed Concern Troll Edition

Type type type
Type type type

In this, the inaugural episode of an occasional series I’m calling Just Another Day on Twitter, we will meet a very concerned Twitterer who showed up in my mentions today.

Jemoi1, you see, is unhappy that I suggested the other day that Richard Dawkins’ recent tweets about Chanty Binx, the red-haired Canadian feminist who’s become a favorite target of MRAs and others of their ilk, would almost certainly worsen the harassment that she’s been facing on a daily basis for nearly three years.

“[B]y accusing people you disagree with of harrasing you are pissing on the experience of real harrasment victims,” Jemoi1 tweeted at me, claiming to be a harassment victim himself. In a followup tweet, he accused me of chasing page views “while ignoring victims of harrassment.”

As I pondered whether or not to bother to respond, I clicked over to Jemoi1’s Twitter feed. And this is what I saw.

jemoi1 ‏@jemoi1 1h1 hour ago @DavidFutrelle @szvan as a real harrassment victim fuck you for associating dawkins tweets with harrasment View conversation 0 retweets 0 likes Reply Retweet Like More jemoi1 ‏@jemoi1 1h1 hour ago @DavidFutrelle @szvan by accusing people you disagree with of harrasing you are pissing on the experience of real harrasment victims. View conversation 0 retweets 0 likes Reply Retweet Like More jemoi1 ‏@jemoi1 Jan 28 @caraellison someone needs to tell you how ugly you ar.e please dont appear on the internet. put a trigger warning somewhere View conversation 0 retweets 0 likes Reply Retweet Like More jemoi1 ‏@jemoi1 Jan 28 @caraellison bleah. damn you feminist are shitty ugly creatures. bleah. i just pucked. take it off the internet or put a trigger warning. View conversation 0 retweets 0 likes Reply Retweet Like More jemoi1 ‏@jemoi1 Jan 28 @youropinionz if only your mother would have ignored that dogs cock and instead of fucking him would have just give him food hahaha View conversation 0 retweets 0 likes Reply Retweet Like More jemoi1 ‏@jemoi1 Jan 28 @youropinionz remember the time your mother suckked a dogs dicck in the street after drinking wine. hahaha. so funny. facts-no-oppinions

As you no doubt noted, I blanked out the names of those he was targeting as well as some of the more obscene language.

There are literally hundreds of tweets like these — angry, obscene, scatological, abusive.

Jemoi1 is a little bit obsessed with horses.

@jemoi1 Jan 28 @youropinionz hahah. youre so funny. just like the time a horse shat and pissed in your mouth and you starting swallowing hahahahah

And with other people’s mothers.

realhar5fumother

Oh, in case you’re wondering, when Jemoi1 refers to “racism,” he (naturally) means racism against white people. This is the main theme of perhaps a third of his tweets.

Despite his obsession with racism (against white people), he is happy to drop the n-word into his own Tweets. Here’s one lovely example:

jemoi1 ‏@jemoi1 8 Aug 2013 @LatinoFIFA dumb nigger.fuuuck you and you dead family you bitch.slave.pussy.bitxch.phoney.gfaggot

While most of his tweets target feminists and those he deems anti-white racists, Jemoi1 also has some strong feelings about e-sports, spamming a number of professional e-sporters with the same vicious, vaguely threatening message:

In a couple of cases, he moved past mere threatening language and simply sent his targets death threats.

realhardeaththreat

jemoi1 ‏@jemoi1 8 May 2012 @FlyingColour i will kill you

It seems to me that if Jemoi1 were truly concerned about the victims of harassment, he would have long ago DELETED HIS ACCOUNT.

Falconer
Falconer

I have been watching so much Fallout 4 that I am likely to answer anything remotely like a code phrase with, “Sorry, mine is in the shop. ”

I am looking forward to seeing this thing fall apart in glorious real-time slo-mo.

Alan Robertshaw

Hey Falconer, is that your real picture? If so, you could really show those guys a thing or two about how to wear a hat!

Richard Smith
Richard Smith

“We’d like to see the dog kennels, please.”

Mortarius
Mortarius

@Alan Robertshaw: Here in Victoria, Aus a law was passed requiring pet stores to source their animals only from rescue, breeding cats and dogs for profit is now illegal.

The pet stores have done just fine surprisingly, they just have people camp out the shelters to adopt the pets they think people will pay for.

Shadow
Shadow

@bluecat

8 – 8.20 pm? How late do pet shops stay open, anyway?

Depends on how good they are:

Pandapool -- The Species that Endangers YOU (aka Jackie; currently using they/their, he/his, she/her pronouns)

@Alan

That looks like John Boyega with the hat Photoshopped on, tbh.

Unless Falconer IS John Boyega…

Alan Robertshaw

@ mortarius

That’s, sort of, great news. This is something people (wonderful brilliant, compassionate people) are currently agitating for generally.

@ Pandapool

Hmm, well Falconer does seem to know a lot about Star Wars.

loquora
loquora

I want to say about the OP “it takes one to know one.” But very clearly this is a case of “it takes one to know nothing.”

Kimstu
Kimstu

Briefly returning to the main post topic and the featured harasser’s horse obsession to point out that in fact, when a woman f***s a dead horse it usually IS the patriarchy’s doing:

The Queen-Horse Copulation Ritual of the Asvamedha-Yajna

@Monzach

I’ll be there with my hair in a braid and ready to do some espionage.

With you there, we’re all there.

I cannot wait for your field report.

Paradoxical Intention

Falconer | January 31, 2016 at 6:57 pm

YOOOOO.

I had a really weird glitch in my play through (I told Jackie about this and even wrote a short ficlet about it) where

[SPOILERS] I finished the main quest with the Minutemen, and Deacon’s stuck in this loop where he’s constantly asking me about that phrase thing, and Glory’s apparently dead, and Des is referring to her as dead but she’s still wandering around the HQ and won’t talk to me like wuuuuuut. [/SPOILERS]

3spoopy5me.

@Paradoxical

It was 9spoopy729me. :OOOOO

@Monzach
Research:

Best quote:

It’s exciting to talk to someone who in a lot ways has already arrived at the place you want to be. Roosh is location independent, earns income doing something he loves (writing) and does not appear to be beholden to anyone. When I look at guy like him, I see a guy who beat the system- who fought The Man and won.

About 35 guys showed up at each of his two talks in Canada. Somehow I don’t think that Roosh could have financed his worldwide tour (on which Canada was a stop) by giving lectures to 70 guys in each country. Also, there are his day-to-day living expenses when he’s not on tour. How could his income from his books and his tours keep him financially afloat! (Bang, his biggest seller on Amazon, sold 985 copies on that website.) He doesn’t appear to have a job either, so Mommy and Daddy must send him money.

Bonus favorite quote:

I was somewhat surprised by this as his writing style can seem moody and very introspective at times, most notably in his memoir, A Dead Bat in Paraguay (highly recommended).

Check out the 1-star reviews, with titles such as “May be the worst book of my life” and “Truly awful.” And the 2-star review titled “You will HATE the author after reading this book!!!”

Roosh: He’s not for everyone.

Imperator Kahlo
Imperator Kahlo

I feel like Monzach’s field report from Roosh’s international meet up day (squee!) has almost as much comedic potential as the Sarkeesian Effect breakup.

I’ll get the popcorn.

Falconer
Falconer

@Alan Robertshaw:

@Jackie:

That looks like John Boyega with the hat Photoshopped on, tbh.

Unless Falconer IS John Boyega…

No, it’s not me, it IS John Boyega in a(n actual) fedora, as part of a shoot for the British arm of GQ.

I wish I looked as good as Boyega.

@Paradoxical Intention:

Re: Revenant Glory. Maybe she was inspired by that oversight in Space Mutiny, in which a character who is 1) very recognizable and 2) very very murdered shows up in the background of a later scene.

Man, I’m not sure who I’d go for in F4. The people who are doing the Right Thing don’t have the chops to really change anything, and the people who do have those chops are assholes.

Alan Robertshaw

@ Falconer

as part of a shoot for the British arm of GQ.

Didn’t the issue of how you identify a GQ reader crop up a short while ago? Well, now you know it’s clearly not me.

@Falconer

An ACTUAL fedora? Because I saw him make a similar face in a non-fedora and I thought it was that picture.

(At least I was half-right.)

JoeB
JoeB

What an outright amateur.

You’re suppose to have separate sockpuppets for concern trolling and regular trolling. Though judging by the regular trolling they are not a big believer in the “work smarter, not harder” maxim.

Rhuu
Rhuu

Okay… So the Ottawa meetup is in the lobby of the Arts Court gallery, which is an actual art gallery. I’m wondering if I should email them, to let them know what will be happening, and who will be hanging out inside of their space.

I feel like artists will probably not be down with Roosh V’s world view.

Why would you even choose that spot? I mean, you’re near the Byward (one of the few places that seems to stay open later on at night) but still?

I hope they’re not planning on going to Zaphod’s, that place is 4x too cool for them.

“I think it’s really nice of you to give that dead girl another chance.”

Lagoon
Lagoon

@felixbc
Wow I hope that she is actually ok. What’s with people and doxxing? What good does it do for anyone, especially concerning this situation?
@Rhuu
Is shoot them an email, at least, just to let the place know who exactly is going to be there (as in, let them know about all the terrible shit he’s done).

Robert
Robert

Reminds me of the classic from Reddit:
“When does the narwhal bacon?”
“The narwhal bacons at midnight!”

The OP would probably never use words like that in meatspace, but feels entirely free to use them when anonymity and the absence of consequences are assured.

weirwoodtreehugger

Is there a Minneapolis/St Paul meetup? I like to tell myself none of the manospherians we mock live in my area, but I’m sure some of them do.

165 meetups.

I’m not sure Roosh has 165 followers. How many meetups do you think will have no people at them? How many will have just one guy? How many might have more than one but they never find each other?

Imperator Kahlo
Imperator Kahlo

Just another day on Twitter: Dawkins continues to make a colossal arse out of himself.

Link is to pharyngula, not Dawkins’ Twitter. For the link-averse, he retweeted what is essentially Dear Muslima with bonus graphically violent image!

Snowberry
Snowberry

I think at this point we should just declare that Dawkins is the Andrew Schlafly of Atheism. That is, a big-name figure who presents himself as an authority, has a lot of rabid fans, but outside of those fans is a total joke. Bet he’d hate that comparison…

Kat

I see that Roosh is implying that women are pets (“Where is the pet store?”).

It’s so, so beta to try to gain prestige yourself by putting down another. (And did you know that 9 out of 10 household animals prefer the term “animal companion”?) Really, PUAs, do you have so little self-esteem that you have to try to steal self-esteem from women?

It’s also so, so dated to refer to a woman as a pet. More than 40 years ago, Lily Tomlin famously walked off The Dick Cavett Show when Lee Majors referred to his then-wife, Farrah Fawcett-Majors, as his property.

There is really very little that daunts Lily Tomlin. When the crew of The Late Show gave her a hard time – or what she thought was a hard time – she marched right up to them. “Listen, you bastards,” she said, sounding a little like Mary Jean from Detroit. “I know what’s going to happen to me after this movie. I’m going to get good notices and do another film. Do you know what’s going to happen to you? Maybe you won’t work again for another year. So shove it!” There was no more trouble. Lily is as devoted to the feminist cause as any performer in the country. She has appeared at benefits in support of the Equal Rights Amendment in St. Louis, Cleveland and Denver, and she has campaigned for Bella Abzug and Connecticut Governor Ella Grasso. A few years ago, she was appearing on the Dick Cavett Show when Actor Chad Everett referred to his wife as his property – along with his horse and dog. She stunned even herself by walking off the show.

bat-cat
bat-cat

oh man, i can’t even with all the willful ignorance and all-encompassing stupidity of this dickwad … i actually made the mistake to read that meetup thing article on doosh’s website, and now my eyeballs are basically rolling in my eyesockets in perpetuity:

I’m in touch with a German man whose small city is currently the site of a government-sponsored relocation program for Afro-Islamists. He stated to me that his city has become more unsafe after dark and he’s starting to feel like a prisoner in his own home, especially since he does not have friendships there with men who are against the immigrant invasion. If he was connected to a tribe within his city, I have no doubt that he’d feel more safe while having the means to improve the situation caused by his government to displace him and reduce his standard of living.

nothing here is based in facts. but i do believe that he’s in touch with some shithead who most likely sympathizes with the afd (super gross rightwing party) and pegida (also super gross “anti-islamisation” organisation – the acronym says it all: patriotic europeans against the islamisation of the occident, ugh), but it’s simply not true that cities become more unsafe after dark because of the refugees.

it’s also pretty well documented by now that most people who had prolongued, personal contact to refugees or who volunteer are more likely to view them in a positive light, even in small country towns, and sometimes change their perspective completely – probably due to something called “empathy”, which is sorely lacking in all the mra-douchebags. and i have no fucking clue where the idea that the government tries to “displace” him comes from. wtf. note also the military language, like immigrant “invasion”, and the talk of “times of crisis” and “hostile enemy approaches” in the rest of the text. ugh ugh ugh.

i’m almost tempted to have a look at the sad, sad little creatures who’ll attend the berlin meetup.

Imperator Kahlo
Imperator Kahlo

After a quick Google, I agree.

And sorry all, I don’t actually intend to start a whole other Dawkins derail here, and should have posted in the other thread. I’m going to copy it over there, and David should feel free to delete my post upthread if he wants.

Oops!

It was Chad Everett, not Lee Majors, as the quote I included clearly states.

Sorry, Lee Majors! And my apologies to the late Farrah Fawcett. I got two handsome leading men confused.

The LA Times points out that Everett was a right-winger:

A conservative Republican, Everett made headlines in 1972 after going toe to toe with Lily Tomlin on “The Dick Cavett Show.” Tomlin, a feminist, became outraged after Everett referred to his wife, horse and dog as his “property.” A 1977 Time magazine profile on Tomlin says she was so infuriated that she “stunned even herself” by storming off the set.

Alan Robertshaw

@ kat

It’s also so, so dated to refer to a woman as a pet

Amongst Geordies (people from Newcastle) ‘Pet’ is a standard term of endearment. There’s no implication of ownership though.

In Cornwall “my lover” is standard, but that’s gender neutral. The bloke in my local garage calls me that.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

I’m told that Cornish people also refer to any piece of paper that’s even slightly meaningful as a “ticket”; this can include receipts, bills, letters or anything else. This means that “can I have my ticket, my lover” is the most ambiguous phrase that a Cornish person may utter.

Penny Psmith
Penny Psmith

@Alan: Coming into the thread late, but since you mentioned you like the idea of London history and Neverwhere-style “mysterious London” stuff, I gotta recommend London Falling (can’t remember the author’s name, something Cornell I think? It’s about a bunch of metro police folks who stumble onto some grisly supernatural plotting and go about investigating it like a proper police case), and on the non-fiction side, London Lore by Steven Roud (which I wad quite sorry to have only read after my London visit).

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

London – Royal Airforce Bomber Command Memorial, Green Park (Hyde Park Corner side)

So. Short-notice London Mammoth meetup, methinks? I’m definitely going. I’ll wear my most obnoxious trenchcoat and waistcoat, and make parrot jokes at everybody.

Kat

@Alan Robertshaw, @EJ (The Other One)
That’s . . . stunning.

I had heard of “my pet” but not “my lover” or “ticket.” Of course, “my lover” is especially stunning.

Where I’m from — Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania — the plural “you” is “yinz.” Rubber bands are “gum bands.” Thinly sliced ham, a local delicacy, is “chipped ham.” And soft drinks are “pop.”

“When you’ve drunk your pop, are yinz going to put gum bands around those packages of chipped ham?”

Alan Robertshaw

@ EJ

Ticket gets used for any sort of official paperwork or licence. “Have you got a forklift ticket?” for example. (I have a firearms ticket and a shotgun ticket)

Ambiguity is pretty standard when talking to someone from Cornwall.

I once had a run-in with the Cornish Mafia. They made me an offer I couldn’t understand.

Kat

What with the Finland and the London meetups being crashed, Roosh might have to move the venues for his worldwide meetup to secret locations.

No, I don’t know how he could do that either.

I’m sure that between then and now, there will be much hand wringing on Roosh’s part about how he’s being victimized by feminists. Why do they have to go where they’re not wanted?!

Sheila Crosby

So I suppose the meet-ups are presumably intended to somehow funnel money to Roosh. But I have an uneasy feeling about what this sort of person might do once they find some like-minded buddies. Am I being OTT, or does it seem possible they’d agree to provide mutual alibis for rapes?

Alan Robertshaw

@ penny

Yes, I had heard of those; sounds intriguing. I think Paul Cornell is part of Neil Gaiman’s gang so I bet they’re really good.

I read Wil Self’s ‘North London Book of the Dead’ which was in a similar vein. I really enjoyed that but I got a bit confused. I thought each chapter was brilliant but overall the novel lacked cohesion. Then someone pointed out it was a book of short stories.

Alan Robertshaw

@ kat

And soft drinks are “pop.”

Same in Yorkshire!

When I was a kid the local authority (or “corporation’) provided water services; so “Corporation Pop” was what we had to make do with. 🙂

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Hyde Park? Damn, I’m so unlikely to be able to go, but … it would be tempting. Given the demographic to which I belong my mere visible existence would be somewhat offensive to them, and I even possess a somewhat fedora-like hat! (damn them for ruining a good hat).

One wonders if they are in the market for dog-whistles, or if they already have more than enough.

dhag85
dhag85

Since it’s Return of KINGS, is it possible that one or all of you could skip the fedora and instead wear this:

Pretty please. Pleeeeaaaase.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

bat-cat

Makes me think of one of my dad’s weird uncles (he had a dozen uncles and a few of them were pretty strange in some ways). We were watching the news on tv back in 1978 and Uncle Frank leapt out of his chair frothing and fuming about “blacks”. Which was completely mystifying until we worked out that he was talking about some Eastern Europeans, Croatians I think, who were running military training in the depths of NSW’s Blue Mountains. Don’t ask, we didn’t.

From that we sort of presumed that he was anti-immigrant, anti-refugee, but that was wrong. Uncle Frank lived in a small but prosperous country town. Plenty of new immigrants had a lot of trouble getting loans from banks to start their vineyards and wineries and other assorted businesses. But Frank had apparently loaned the seed money for more than a dozen such businesses who would otherwise have missed out if they’d stuck with the conventional approach. We only heard this later. I suspect that his view of banks was even more vitriolic than his view of immigrants he hadn’t met, so he was inclined to rely on his own judgment of someone’s business ability and willingness to work.

EJ (The Other One)
EJ (The Other One)

@opposablethumbs:
The alternative is that I play deep-cover mole and let them take me off to the Secret Rooshite Base before letting the internet know where it is. You (and all the other demographically-opposed people) can then converge with parrots and other pet shop jokes.

Alan Robertshaw

In light of Roosh’s ‘popularity’ I think there’s a real possibility that the only people who’ll actually turn up to one of these gatherings are the folks from here. Like that short story where everyone in the conspiracy turns out to be an undercover agent.

Alan Robertshaw

parrots and other pet shop jokes.

A bloke walks into a pet shop and says “I’d like to buy a parrot”

“Oh, have I got a parrot for you!” says the shopkeeper and takes him into the back room. In there is a six foot tall, 200lbs parrot covered in scars and with an eyepatch.

“Wow, that is some parrot” says the bloke, “Can he speak?”

“Of course he can speak” says the owner.

“Well what does he say?”

He says “Polly wants a biscuit; FUCKING NOW!!!!!”

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

MRAs discuss sneaking into feminist meetings with the goal of murdering everyone. Feminists discuss sneaking into MRA meetings with the goal of quoting Python skits.

Bernardo Soares
Bernardo Soares

This is totally OT, but has anyone here heard of the MacGyver-Test? It’s supposed to be a complementary test to the Bechdel Test, but for men in movies.

It goes like this:

– Movie does not require the absence of the mother for the father to be portrayed as a competent dad.
– Honest hard-working man is in a successful and/or leadership position and/or is not a chump.
– Female protagonist shows interest in the male protagonist before he is the hero.
– Male protagonist solves problems in creative ways, and only uses violence as a last resort to accomplish his goals or mission.

It was “developed” last year by Nikita Coulombe and Philip Zimbardo (yes, he of the Stanford Prison “unethical experiment with extremely messed up setup” fame).

Of course, a quick google pulls up mostly MRA websites quoting it.

Way to miss the point, people. I mean, the Bechdel Test is not a scientific measure of anything. It’s a joke that proved to be applicable as a short measure with objective criteria of how seldom women show up in movies as independent persons – regardless of what actual role they play.

May warrant its own post?